AnsweredTried Bandlab

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
dede
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1124
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/02/28 12:51:39 (permalink)
Steev

I have a video clip of my ex girlfriend's puppy squatting over the keyboard and peeing on my one month old RAIN power laptop loaded with SONAR 6 PE that made me vomit for real.
 I was shoot a video tutorial on how to mic an acoustic guitar and she thought it would be a cute background shot to place her adorable new puppy on the desk behind me while making recording the video.
 When I turned around and saw what was going on my first thought was to kill the puppy and make her eat it raw while it was still warm.

Ouch man, you must precede such a post by a WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME READERS MAY FIND UNBEARABLE

You almost made me puke on my laptop myself, felt so sick!!...

I guess that, before chasing your girl out of your house  forever, making a nice cat sushi plate for her would have been fair enough. You've been extremely nice.

D.D.
www.dedeland.com

SONAR Platinum 64bit
SONAR X3e both 32bit and 64bit
Alpha Track + TouchDaw
ASUS Maximus Hero VII (Chipset Intel Z170 Express)
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHZ/RAM 16Go 
RME Fireface UC
Win 7 x64 ultimate French
Sonar running in English
dede
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1124
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/02/28 12:56:25 (permalink)
To close the Ukulele Trashing affair at Bandlab,

I saw Jimi Hendrix I saw how wonderful he was at the guitar, and I was really admiring him, and then he started his antics. Making love to the guitar. And then, as if that was not enough, he burned the guitar. That was too much for me. In our culture we have such respect for musical instruments, they are like part of God.
-Ravi Shankar

"The telephone rang and I put the sitar down, stood up and went to step across the sitar to go to the phone and Ravi whacked me on the leg and said 'the first thing you must realise is that you must have more respect for your instrument'."-George Harrison

Sorry for this rant really, I'm in a mood ....

D.D.
www.dedeland.com

SONAR Platinum 64bit
SONAR X3e both 32bit and 64bit
Alpha Track + TouchDaw
ASUS Maximus Hero VII (Chipset Intel Z170 Express)
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHZ/RAM 16Go 
RME Fireface UC
Win 7 x64 ultimate French
Sonar running in English
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/02/28 15:02:57 (permalink)
Old jazz joke

What's the difference between a banjo and a ukulele?

Ukuleles are quicker to burn

Steev
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 314
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/02/28 16:01:20 (permalink)
Rant well taken and appreciated dede.. I like a good rant, rants are invigorating and inspiring as long as the rants aren't confused with, or conflated to mere paltry whining...
 I shall be hoping and wishing to jam and collaborate with you on Bandlab, perhaps in the very near future?

I too have a deeply embedded respect for all musical instruments. Even cheap poorly tuned banjos played by drunken rednecks who make me angry, and who never even come close to saying or playing anything I want to hear.
 Muzak I can only sit quietly and respectfully through and "think" to myself while listening, OMG, than God Pete Seeger can't heard this, he'd probably claw his way out of his grave and stab this nasty fool in the eye with a boney skeletal digit.
And I sit patiently, smiling while the images dance through the canyons of my inner brainpan and wait until it's over, and try my best to keep in mind........... It's NOT the banjo's fault.

I actually teared up at a Who concert when they smashed their equipment up at the end of a live concert in the mid 60's. Grrrrr, hard to find the right words to describe how I felt... But 40+ years later I remember it vividly.
 I was only a kid working 2 paper routes, The Newark Star Ledger in the morning before school and the Perth Amboy  Evening News in the afternoon after school to pay off my first good guitar held for ransom at the local music store on a lay away plan.. It was a Fender Stratocaster that was so shiny it sparkled like the Milky Way...:-P
 I only had it 1/2 paid off when I sat at the concert and watched Pete Townsend beat both Keith Moon's Ludwig drum set and his Strat into tinder wood with an exactly clone of the guitar I had on layway.. The very guitar of my dreams that I could only touch and play for a few minutes at a time once a week when I went to the music store and handed all the money I made from delivering news print through rain, sleet, or snow, and nice days too..
 Six months later that Strat was mine..
And even though I can certainly appreciate the contributions and achievements the Who made to rock music, I was never a fan after that concert, and I never spent one red cent for their records or even Juke Box plays.
 And THAT'S spoken from a TRUE AMERICAN musician who unfortunately is no longer a very proud American in light of the current ummm, conditions(?). We'll all be OK.. A bit more broken into pieces, but we'll be back.... Eventually............ If we all pull together as a teammm.....

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about all that, but I just found a cool quadcore ACER 15" touch screen Chromebook on Creig's List for $150. 4 gigs of RAM, 32 GB storage, might just be the missing link to run smoothly on Bandlab... What with it being a chrome book and all, it's gotsta have a bit more Ummmph than my Samsung Galaxy, which believe it or not isn't too shabby running Audio Evolution DAW for Androids when I hook my Scarlett 18i20 up to it, it makes great multi track recordings @ 24/48.. Not so much with the smartphone's built in mic, OK recording for Foley sounds and noises, but you can forget about multi tracking. It's more like overdubbing with the built in mic.

Steev on Bandlab.com

Custom built workstation. Windows 10 Pro x64.

SONAR Platinum. Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10, ACID Pro 7, Vegas Pro 11
Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
Behringer X Touch DAW Controller
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2, OctoPre Mkll
Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

Steev
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/02/28 16:26:11 (permalink)
Ever see the YouTube video with the guy performing on a Ukulele and a loop pedal covering Michael Jackson's song Billy Jean? 
 Definitely worth the trouble of a Google search! 

Steev on Bandlab.com

Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

AntManB
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 144
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/06 16:56:35 (permalink)
Steev
Ever see the YouTube video with the guy performing on a Ukulele and a loop pedal covering Michael Jackson's song Billy Jean? 

Are you thinking of the one by James Hill?  If so, it's even more impressive because he's not using a loop pedal - just playing all the parts at once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gyxeXW_2T8

AMB

davehorch
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/06 19:22:01 (permalink)
open it in Sound Forge for a “Mastering” session.
 Sound Forge has some really, really good mastering plugins. But I still couldn’t resist trying at least a  final A/B comparison with iZotope Ozone “touch up” before deciding which is better.

... and the winner was (is)??

Win-7 Professionalx64.  CWBL, SONAR X3e, & most other previous versions.  TASCAM US-1800 audio interface.  A bunch of outboard stuff that never gets used anymore (ADAT boat anchors, smoooth LA4 comps (miss them!), etc.)  Way too many instruments.
Steev
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/06 21:15:05 (permalink)
AntManB
Steev

Are you thinking of the one by James Hill?  If so, it's even more impressive because he's not using a loop pedal - just playing all the parts at once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gyxeXW_2T8

AMB

Ah MAN thanks for that link! And thanks much for clarifying it was James Hill and that he wasn't in fact using a loop pedal. And that does indeed make it a whole tear HIGHER of impressive. 
I was actually turned on to that about 10 years ago during a break whilst I playing a local bar by a girl who played it from an iPod.
 It was actually me jamming off a loop pedal, LoL, and no I wasn't jamming Billy Jean.
 Not that I wouldn't mind trying, now that I thing about it, and no on a Uke. 

davehorch
open it in Sound Forge for a “Mastering” session.
 Sound Forge has some really, really good mastering plugins. But I still couldn’t resist trying at least a  final A/B comparison with iZotope Ozone “touch up” before deciding which is better.

... and the winner was (is)??

Actually it's a toss up Dave, sometimes Ozone bring it over the top, and sometimes I get it right and nail it before exporting to a stereo .wav in SPLAT with simple "subtle" treatments of Waves Adaptive EQ or Cakewalk Adaptive Limiter, or maybe Softube's Drawmer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor tied into the maser buss output. Or simply using nothing depending the source material.
 But mastering multiple songs together for an album or demo requires a more detailed and finer tuning to the format they will be delivered in. .mp3, CD, DVD surround or whatever. I've never seen any DAW really suited for final mastering work.

And depending on the genre and or mood I'm in trying to finish up before a deadline, and how much ear fatigue I compile after several hours of prepping it for mastering with final the mixing of the order of songs, tweaking to make everything sit in the mix where I want it and smoothing and gluing it all together cohesively from on song to the next without the listener having to reach for EQ or volume controls on their stereo. 

When ear fatigue sets in, it's not all that hard to make a song sound worse by over processing it. ;-(
 And you won't even notice until listening to it the next day with an A/B or even C test.
 Oh and BTW, here's a fun fact, Sound Forge Pro ships with "Izotope Mastering Suite" which consists of all the plugin modules of Ozone. They're just separate plugins you run one at a time, not all together like in the Ozone GUI.

And so the REAL winner is................................ of course SONAR Platinum.
 Because no mater how much I rely on Sound Forge for mastering, it still won't polish a turd, and if I export a turd out of SPLAT, that would be entirely MY fault!
post edited by Steev - 2018/03/06 21:48:11

Steev on Bandlab.com

Pro Tools.

Phoen1xPJ
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/06 22:54:48 (permalink)
Steev
PhoenixVA
I have posted a song I did in SPlat on BandLab:

https://www.bandlab.com/p...e811-80c3-00155d60d108

And so Peter.......... Is there a way to download a multi track version of your song post for collaboration for remixing and or adding or replacing, and or working on existing vocals to get the party started?

Hey Steev, yes! I looked for u on BandLab but couldn't find you. If you follow me I can add u as a collaborator on the tune, then u can download. On same as here: phoen1xpj 

Yours With a Song,
Phoen1x

Wayfarer Station Micro Studio including:
*new* Cakewalk by BandLab
Intel Core i5 quad core 3.10 GHz
ASUStek P8B75-M mobo
32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB vid card
(2) 1 TB HD & (1) 500 GB HD
*new* Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Echo Layla 24 PCI audio interface (faster than USB!)
Tascam US-224 control surface (with jog/shuttle wheel, impossible to find elsewhere)
MIDIMan 2X2 MIDI interface
...not bleeding edge but vintage rockin' 

http://verticalalignment.rocks/

DaddyV
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/07 01:14:26 (permalink)
I think it's cool that Meng checks out our posts. I think he's interested in improving Bandlab while not loosing the veteran SONAR guys-us that is. If you explore over there a bit you'll see what I mean. The stuff is OK for what it is. I hear lots of clipped out over modulated Mics and loops made by wanna be's. That's not necessarily a bad thing, at least there is some creativity there. Humanity is not lost, it just sounds like ****!

Win 10 Pro
AMDfx-8120 Dual  Quad-core 3.10 Ghz 
AMD Radion HD 7670
16 GB ram 
64 bit
SONAR Platinum
X-3e Producer
X-2
X-1e
Qudcapture-Roland
Waves Gold
Amplitude 3  
M-Audio Keystation
Strats Les Pauls & a Rik 4001
Line 6 Variax

"can't you boys play any nice songs?"
shawn@trustmedia.tv
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2136
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/07 16:36:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Meng 2018/03/07 16:38:32
i AGREE that to a SONAR  user the Bandlab interface may be simple as far as editing goes but open your eyes to what it is. Computing is moving in the direction of online apps for many reasons some i don't like but for music I could see Bandlab  opening me up to collaborate on productions.

I can  forsee some linking and integration between the two becoming really useful and groundbreaking. -S

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

Steev
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/03/07 18:33:34 (permalink)
Phoen1xPJ
Steev
PhoenixVA
I have posted a song I did in SPlat on BandLab:

https://www.bandlab.com/p...e811-80c3-00155d60d108

And so Peter.......... Is there a way to download a multi track version of your song post for collaboration for remixing and or adding or replacing, and or working on existing vocals to get the party started?

Hey Steev, yes! I looked for u on BandLab but couldn't find you. If you follow me I can add u as a collaborator on the tune, then u can download. On same as here: phoen1xpj 

All I was allowed to do with Edge Browser is sign up to Bandlab. I can listen but not collaborate or contribute.
I'll try with Firefox but I don't want to install Chrome. Last time I did that it trashed my network and I can't afford for that to happen again with so many 1/2 finished projects going on. 

Only A Dream is a very cool progressive joint which I hope to visit soon. 

Steev on Bandlab.com

Pro Tools.

mgustavo
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/23 17:07:55 (permalink)
Hi! I installed BandLab on my LG Android Smartphone but when I record voice or acoustic guitar there will be a hum noise on playback (*).
However other smartphone apps like Whatsapp and native mic recorder it will work fine (no noise).

(*) Please note I don't have audio interface for Android

Also I installed BandLab on a tablet with the same Android version (4.4.2), and the voice and guitar recording go well (no hum noise on playback).
The only problem is the tablet has low volume on playback, so if I could work with smartphone it would be cool.

Thanks in advance!

Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Professional, Sonar Artist, Sonar X3e, Music Creator 6, Kontakt 5 player
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11, DVD Architect Studio 5
Windows 10 64 bits, Intel i5 2,3 GHz Lenovo notebook, 4 GB DDR3
Behringer UCA 202, M-Audio Key Rig 49, Edifier R1900TIII speaker, EasyCap USB Video Capture
Phonic AM 105FX mixer, Samson Q7 mic, Yamaha C40 acoustic guitar, Condor RX-20S guitar

poetnprophet
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/23 17:42:00 (permalink)
I have also been getting more involved with BandLab, and I can definitely see potential through this platform.  I'm even starting to steer clients there to get exposure, feedback, network, etc.  There are some things I really like about it.  I've been checking here to see if anyone has had any breakthroughs that I can learn from....seems like everyone is as unclear as I am on "what to do now".

I do think there needs to be more guidance on how to use the system as I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do or how to correctly do it....seems kinda wild wild west right now, but it sounds like that will get worked out in the future with video guides, faq, etc.

Regarding the T/Cs, as others have mentioned, all social networks have similar verbiage and it's always important to protect your work first and foremost before posting if you're concerned.  Personally, I have posted songs without protection fully knowing that I am shooting myself in the foot...or at least aiming a loaded gun at it!  <--- If you're gonna be that stupid, at least be honest with yourself and not blame the medium.

@Meng....do you think you can share with us your ultimate vision of how Cakewalk and Bandlab can/will work together in the professional environment (from production to release), and how us new users can make the most of Bandlab?

Cakewalk by Bandlab
i7 8700k, 32GB, Win 10pro
MOTU 828es, VS700(idle)
Hulk 990, NT1A
Slate Digital, Izotope, Waves
www.kdubbproductions.com
https://www.bandlab.com/kdubbproductions 
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/23 22:18:27 (permalink)
dede
just the "getting started" video, when a beard nice guy trashes an ukulele just for the sake of it made me sick....
it's a music website, show some respect for the music making instruments for heaven's sake ! ! !

Ukuleles are great if you know how to mic them. I used ukulele a lot on my last album. Quite a few people wanted to know what amazing undiscovered ethnic instrument I was using to get "that sound." Should have told them it was a kora so I'd look hipper.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/24 07:43:45 (permalink)
pwalpwal
i do a lot of browser-related development, i wonder what chrome has over firefox here? and wouold this mean chrome has to be installed for the daw-related stuff to work (versus web-based stuff)

also while you're here, meng, is there a more detailed "tech spec" for the link analog device? (compatible phones, supported sample rates, usb 1 2 or 3? etc?) the website is a bit light

and thanks for your time :-)

Apparently it’s Chromes Audio latency being far better than any other browser that’s the issue.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Frank Harvey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/24 09:22:19 (permalink)
Since this is a relatively 'lightweight' conversation.............And ............(HECK !!! ..
we're all good buddies ).
I would like to do something different.
I would like to spontaneously nominate ........( & PS: Please excuse ANY wrong forum category issues).........yes nominate /unashamedly  (ie: Elect Actually)...davehorch ( AKA    as having the most humorous /uplifting /and ( ie: during this occasionally, very niggly / argumentative CbB morphing period ) appropriate Profile Pic in this Forum. And he has played the 'Rodney' role well in his questions.
Dave..........Your Profile Pic always cracks me up!!!
Hey..........we all need a bit o respect here !!!!
And a Bl**dy, G**d Laugh :)
Looking forward to more Dave :)
Cheers........Frank

Sonar Platinum Lifer
Audio Interface: Focusrite 6i6 Gen 2
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm)II X4 630 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM :16.0 GB
System Type:64-bit Operating System , x64-based processor
Windows Edition: 10 Home
Windows Version:1709
OS Build :16299.125
Video:GEForce GTX 650
Skyline_UK
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 09:05:28 (permalink)
I received my first BandLab collaboration invite this morning.  I clicked to accept.  My observations:-

(1) I can't find how I'm supposed to download the track and work on it. I couldn't find anything in Help. Did I miss it somewhere?
(2) I assume you can only download the song, i.e. not it's track components. So how can I add, e.g. a guitar part, and then mix it in appropriately?
(3) Although I have only expressed interest in the Blues and Rock communities, the track is hard core rap. Within the first few seconds the lyrics had mentioned words such as sh*t, f*k, ni*r, etc. not just here and there, but a dozen or so times.  I not only found the track offensive, but lacking in any redeeming features whatsoever.
(4) I assume this user just sprayed invites in dozens of directions in the hope of someone, somewhere taking an interest.  Could BandLab introduce a filter so that we only receive appropriate share requests based on a 'preferences' list?

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
Frank Harvey
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 12:58:39 (permalink)
Skyline_UK
I received my first BandLab ............collaboration invite this morning.  I clicked to accept.  My observations:-...............
(3) Although I have only expressed interest in the Blues and Rock communities, the track is hard core rap. Within the first few seconds the lyrics had mentioned words such as sh*t, f*k, ni*r, etc. not just here and there, but a dozen or so times.  I not only found the track offensive, but lacking in any redeeming features.......,....Could BandLab introduce a filter so that we only receive appropriate share requests based on a 'preferences' list?

Totally agree......
Some think “if I can manage to swear / Cus enough to a repetitive beat track ..... I’m an entertainer ...
Unfortunately...I think I got this guy today as well .... initials HH.

Sonar Platinum Lifer
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 18:16:34 (permalink)
Frank Harvey
Skyline_UK
I received my first BandLab ............collaboration invite this morning.  I clicked to accept.  My observations:-...............
(3) Although I have only expressed interest in the Blues and Rock communities, the track is hard core rap. Within the first few seconds the lyrics had mentioned words such as sh*t, f*k, ni*r, etc. not just here and there, but a dozen or so times.  I not only found the track offensive, but lacking in any redeeming features.......,....Could BandLab introduce a filter so that we only receive appropriate share requests based on a 'preferences' list?

Totally agree......
Some think “if I can manage to swear / Cus enough to a repetitive beat track ..... I’m an entertainer ...

+1000
sock monkey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 18:52:32 (permalink)
Even on Soundcloud and  Sound Click  the Rappers are desperate for getting "likes" 
Nothing against what they are doing, better than stealing hubcaps, but they do tend to take up a lot of bandwidth on the music sites. 

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

Skyline_UK
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 19:29:37 (permalink)
Frank Harvey

HH, yes, that's the berk.
BandLab need a way to deal with the massive amounts of spam being generated by their own users, well, some of them. My account today has over 250 notifications; I'm not going to waste my time viewing them.

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
poetnprophet
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 20:12:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Earwax 2018/04/27 01:36:13
sock monkey
better than stealing hubcaps

While I agree with a lot of the comments regarding the spam on Bandlab, this comment is fu..ing absurb.  I don't even know where to start with you but I'll tell you I ain't gonna stop.  As a hip hop artist, producer, etc and somewhat of an old timer if I can say so, I have heard all of the criticism regarding rap/hip hop over the years....decades actually.  Although it's nothing new, it's still offensive AF even today.  First off, if you don't listen to the music, you don't understand the context, you don't understand the delivery, you just hear a bad word (or several) and immediately jump to negative stereotypical conclusions.  And, we all know you were holding back with that comment.  Yes there is garbage out there, but i think we can all agree that there is garbage in every genre, not just rap. 

Secondly, the reason that there is so much hip hop out there, from real artists to real wannabe's, is because rap and hip hop are about the only mainstream musical/artistic avenues that do not require special training or skills, something which bandlab's platform provides for them and almost specifically for them.  Think about this:  in my area, school funding is continually shrinking.  Schools are closing, classrooms are bigger, budgets are shrinking.  Guess which programs go away first?  Drama, music....heck, wood/metal/auto shops are all already gone for good.  If a kid who grows up in this area can't learn how to write music, play notes, learn an instrument or sing at school, what can they do to talk about how their lives affect them?  What other avenues do they have?

Oh that's right...stealing hubcaps.  Brilliant you...

Cakewalk by Bandlab
i7 8700k, 32GB, Win 10pro
MOTU 828es, VS700(idle)
Hulk 990, NT1A
Slate Digital, Izotope, Waves
www.kdubbproductions.com
https://www.bandlab.com/kdubbproductions 
batsbrew
  • Total Posts : 10037
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 20:23:33 (permalink)
why does band lab logo look like band aid logo?

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Daibhidh
  • Total Posts : 204
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 22:48:27 (permalink)
@poetnprophet,
You gave me the feels.
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/25 23:25:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Skyline_UK 2018/04/27 12:39:46
sock monkey
Even on Soundcloud and  Sound Click  the Rappers are desperate for getting "likes" 
Nothing against what they are doing, better than stealing hubcaps, but they do tend to take up a lot of bandwidth on the music sites. 

BL is a bit overcrowded of Rap/Hip Hop doing over promotion. I'm quite liberal when it comes to categorizing and classification ... but man ... you go to "Other" ... "Blues" ... "Reggae" etc. ... it's like a virus.
In general, and not limited to Rap, I have the impression that Genres are just a tag put on whatever, making it meaningless in the classical sense. I'm scanning "Other" for experimental music ... but there is just to much "Yoh ... MF ... Ni**a ... Money ... B**ch Bag" ...  i go to "Blues" and it's hard to find a guitar.
I see plenty room for development and active moderation, editorial work.

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
Frank Harvey
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/26 08:15:40 (permalink)
iRelevant
sock monkey

BL is a bit overcrowded of Rap/Hip Hop doing over promotion. I'm quite liberal when it comes to categorizing and classification ... but man ... you go to "Other" ... "Blues" ... "Reggae" etc. ... it's like a virus.
In general, and not limited to Rap, I have the impression that Genres are just a tag put on whatever, making it meaningless in the classical sense. I'm scanning "Other" for experimental music ... but there is just to much "Yoh ... MF ... Ni**a ... Money ... B**ch Bag" ...  i go to "Blues" and it's hard to find a guitar.
I see plenty room for development and active moderation, editorial work.

With The Greatest of Respect to You.. Meng and The CbB Team...
...And I know you guys are burning the midnight candle....absolutely no doubt about that................
Notwithstanding,
Whenever you amazing guys and gals can find the time..... (in the not too distant future)....... And of course, once the many key transitional priorities are dealt with...
If some form of 'Moderated / Auto Moderated' control of the Bandlab 'GENRE' categories could be designed & implemented................That would be just SWeeeeet !!!
A 'case in point' of this need...........and a fairly typical example .........This delightful Country Ballad Below.
PS: Hank Williams would be spinnin :) HEEEeee HEEeee

Sonar Platinum Lifer
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/27 01:26:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Skyline_UK 2018/04/27 12:38:52
I’m hoping communities will solve this problem. The categories aren’t that useful right now and people are just spamming trying to get followers. Perhaps once communities are set up properly people will stay in their own lanes and this problem will end. IMO a down vote option might help, especially if it effected you popularity rank in the categories.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
Earwax
  • Total Posts : 242
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/27 01:35:51 (permalink)
poetnprophet
sock monkey
better than stealing hubcaps

While I agree with a lot of the comments regarding the spam on Bandlab, this comment is fu..ing absurb.  I don't even know where to start with you but I'll tell you I ain't gonna stop.  As a hip hop artist, producer, etc and somewhat of an old timer if I can say so, I have heard all of the criticism regarding rap/hip hop over the years....decades actually.  Although it's nothing new, it's still offensive AF even today.  First off, if you don't listen to the music, you don't understand the context, you don't understand the delivery, you just hear a bad word (or several) and immediately jump to negative stereotypical conclusions.  And, we all know you were holding back with that comment.  Yes there is garbage out there, but i think we can all agree that there is garbage in every genre, not just rap. 

Secondly, the reason that there is so much hip hop out there, from real artists to real wannabe's, is because rap and hip hop are about the only mainstream musical/artistic avenues that do not require special training or skills, something which bandlab's platform provides for them and almost specifically for them.  Think about this:  in my area, school funding is continually shrinking.  Schools are closing, classrooms are bigger, budgets are shrinking.  Guess which programs go away first?  Drama, music....heck, wood/metal/auto shops are all already gone for good.  If a kid who grows up in this area can't learn how to write music, play notes, learn an instrument or sing at school, what can they do to talk about how their lives affect them?  What other avenues do they have?

Oh that's right...stealing hubcaps.  Brilliant you...

Poetnprophet - one of the most insightful posts I have ever read on this forum - ever!
Thanks man, I appreciate your heartfelt concern for the art form, and the people who create it.

Pain - the absence of things hoped for, the evidence of catastrophes unforeseen.
mgustavo
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: Tried Bandlab 2018/04/27 11:41:25 (permalink)
batsbrew
why does band lab logo look like band aid logo?

LOL, the worst part is that's true. :  )

By the way, does anybody had any issue in recording audio with Bandlab on smarthphone?
When I record voice or acoustic guitar there will be a hum noise on playback.  : (

Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Professional, Sonar Artist, Sonar X3e, Music Creator 6, Kontakt 5 player
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11, DVD Architect Studio 5
Windows 10 64 bits, Intel i5 2,3 GHz Lenovo notebook, 4 GB DDR3
Behringer UCA 202, M-Audio Key Rig 49, Edifier R1900TIII speaker, EasyCap USB Video Capture
Phonic AM 105FX mixer, Samson Q7 mic, Yamaha C40 acoustic guitar, Condor RX-20S guitar

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1