Helpful ReplyLockedUtilities for use with Sonar.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
2015/06/12 06:48:47 (permalink)

Utilities for use with Sonar.

Utilities for use with Sonar. (This doc last updated November 18th 2015) By mudgel (Michael Vogel)

Welcome.
Quite a number of the Cakewalk Sonar Community have developed utilties to extend the capabilities of Sonar. As a further expression of their generosity, they have made them freely available to the Cakewalk Sonar Community. I'm sure that everyone will join me in saying thankyou.

To download a program and/or get information, simply click the link in each section below or just go direct to mudgel’s Onedrive/Public/Sonar Utlities folder. Check out the read me.doc or just download any file you like.

http://1drv.ms/1LiPAUj

Please read the important information at the end of this document. Thankyou.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MenuMagic v1.9
TheSteven (Steven)
A full plugin management system to complement and enhance Sonars rather weak plugin Manager.
This is a paid for product. All questions should be directed to the developer)
For more details see this thread. - http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3325859
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AZ Controller
Azslow3 (Alexey) v0.3r9 (test releases also available for download)
Get the most thorough control surface function possible with this plugin.
This plugin is in constant development.
Link to website for Download and Further Information. Please support the developers work by registering on his website.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KuPcake 2.5   Current update released October 30th 2015. Note name change from CupCake
KPerry (Kevin)
Everything you wanted to know about your VST plugins. Backup and restore User editable settings. Edit ProChannel names.
Plug-ins are now sorted by category (VST2/VST3/Pro Channel and Effects/Synths) and then alphabetised below these, and renaming or changing "Synth" checkbox moves them between menus. And more.
Download:
Further Information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ins2map.zip (Listed Nov 18 2015)
ralf (Ralf Sesseler)
This tool will convert an instrument definition (ins file) into a drum map for Cakewalk Sonar. (Essentially, any text file with a mapping from midi note number to drum instrument name can be used.) The created drum map uses default values for most parameters and is not linked to a particular virtual instrument, so it's mainly the first step and may require enhancements to be done in Sonar directly.
Download and Further Information http://dis.sesseler.de In the left menu area, click on “Cakewalk Sonar”. Then select “Instrument to Drum Map” to download the file.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CwDrSfzMaker
Bill Jackson (Bill) Wonder what the program name means. Cakewalk Drum Replacer Sfz Maker. Will help you add 3rd party drums to Drum Replacer.
Download:
Further Information:
Duckbar (current release)
Panup (Panu) v3.0.3 for both 32 & 64 bit
For all the bits that Sonar doesn’t do completely. Color and menu options and a super dooper control bar and a far more than could be listed here. Link to website for Downloads and Further Information. Please support the developers work by registering on his website.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KeyBindingDisplay (KBD)
jac (John)
Allows you to see a qwerty keyboard with the various default bindings for Platinum.
Link to website for Download and Further Information. Please support the developers work by registering on his website.
Projectscope
Czyky (Mark)
Where are my Cakewalk projects and whats in them? Now you can find out!
Download:
Further Information:
SideChainMixer
Silktone (Steven)
Ever wanted to put a buss right among your tracks? Want to send a track output to another track? Do that and more.
Download:
Further Information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonar MP3 Patch (Updated August 12th)
aaronbewza (Aaron)
Patches the free LAME MP3 codec into Sonar’s File Export function. Extensive onboard help is available.
Download:
NB: this developer has not been an active member on the forum for quite a number of years so there may be no support Available other than the linked documentation or thread.
SonarToolsEditor (updated Nov'3rd 2015)
Scook (Steve)
Do you want to send audio data direct to another application for editing without leaving Sonar?
Extensive onboard Help is available. Installers for 32 and 64 bit included along with a readme file.
Download:
TTSLAME.dll  v3.98.2 optimised for SSE2
jcatena  (Jose)
For Sonar X3e and earlier users only. (Sonar 2015 is already updated)
This is the file behind the Cakewalk MP3 codec which you must have purchased for this to work. This version updates Sonar's ttslame.dll to a newer version which adds more features to Sonar’s MP3 export dialog.
Download: For Sonar 32 bit 
Download: For Sonar 64 bit
Installation & Further Information: 
NB: this developer has not been an active member on the forum for quite a number of years so there may be no support Available other than the linked documentation or thread.
VSTInventory (formerly VSTPluginManager) New version 1.0.17
bitflipper (David)
Want a spread sheet of all your VST plugins? This is for you. If you don't have MS Excel installed the tool will generate a text file. Fully tested upto and including Platinum.
Download:
Further Information:
The small print
While individual developers may adopt some form of distribution licence for their individual work no guarantees/warranties are given or implied. Please take all care in using the information gathered from this site and in use of any programs hosted here. I can say that I've used each program and was happy to install, test and run on 2 of my computers.

You are granted access that may be terminated by me should some circumstances make it no longer possible for me to maintain this project.

Not only is there a folder containing Sonar Utilities, but the Public folder contains numerous documents which I have accumulated over the years.

Please contact developers via this forum. I have used their forum names in connection with individual programs.

General: If there's something I've forgotten or needs correction please let me know. If you have a program you would like to share for everyone's use, let me know. If you have a question about a specific program please start a new thread in the Sonar/Software forum or connect to the Further Information link, if provided. Please don't ask questions in this thread related to a specific program. It will leave any potential answers provided, unsearchable for other forum members with similar questions.
If there's other things you'd like to share like links to videos then by all means let me know by PM. Even if it's a thread or post to link, let me know and I'll find a way to put it up.

To the Developers: Please help me keep this up to date by sending or linking me to new versions as they become available.
post edited by mudgel - 2015/12/05 09:35:55

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 09:06:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby monstaar888 2015/09/14 05:13:42
Mudgel:

You did it! Thanks for putting this together for us SONAR users! These are useful SONAR goodies all available in one place, and if anymore are made available by other forum members, they can be added to your list here.

I hope Cakewalk will make this a sticky! 
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2015/06/12 09:13:12

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
KPerry
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3120
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 09:29:23 (permalink)
I know I'm one of the developers so have a vested interest in saying this, but I think it's great that Cakewalk/SONAR has a bunch of users who are willing and able to provide tools for the rest of the community.
Jimbo 88
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1828
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 09:44:39 (permalink)
Hey I've been using Panu's Duckbar in Platinum....just sayin'

Cakewalk By Bandlab
Cubase 9.5 Pro
Windows 7 64 Bit   Core i7-8700   32 Gig Ram 3.20ghz  
RME Fireface 400 Audio Card
Behringer FCA 1616
Sweetwater Creation Station

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 10:44:46 (permalink)
Mike, please change the description of my tool to "VST Inventory", as that's all it does: inventory the registered VST2, VST3 and DX plugins and place them into either an Excel spreadsheet or a text file.

I have a new build (1.0.9) that should find the 64-bit VSTs in SPlat, but am unable to test it. Any volunteers?

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 10:54:12 (permalink)
bitflipper
Mike, please change the description of my tool to "VST Inventory", as that's all it does: inventory the registered VST2, VST3 and DX plugins and place them into either an Excel spreadsheet or a text file.

I have a new build (1.0.9) that should find the 64-bit VSTs in SPlat, but am unable to test it. Any volunteers?

I'm up for it. Also will make the change as requested.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 11:08:07 (permalink)
Jimbo 88
Hey I've been using Panu's Duckbar in Platinum....just sayin'

I only checked yesterday. Can you give me some details. I've not been able to make it work. Probably best to PM me.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/12 11:15:18 (permalink)
bapu
Good on you Mike (OP).

Now you just have to bump this this thread once a day as it would soon be forgotten and then people would be coming here asking "where's that thread that lists all the user contributed utilities?".

I have it bookmarked for Rapid Response  :)

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Elffin
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/21 05:25:35 (permalink)
Someone produced a ins to drum map convertor a while back.. Will have a look for it once on my comp.
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/21 05:31:27 (permalink)
The more the merrier. We need a link to the thread so we can credit the developer.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

panup
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2538
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/22 05:34:32 (permalink)
About Duckbar...

> Color and menu options and a super dooper control bar and a far more than could be listed here..

Yes, Duckbar has too many features to list here... However, don't forget easy to use Tools Menu Editor and customizable floating toolbar, Picture Cache folder cleaner, Recent Files list maintenance, batch freeze/unfreeze tracks, export track listing to clipboard, add new buttons to PRV, Staff View, QuadEQ, SONAR full screen mode for X1 & X2, tap tempo, delay time calculator. It even has a built-in KVAK programming language which can handle inline CAL scripts to control SONAR.
One of my favorite silent features is Duckbar's ability to preserve SONAR's pan law settings globally (normally SONAR uses last project's pan law settings for new projects which may not be what you want).

SONAR2015 compatibility is not yet fully implemented. Updates coming soon after Summer holidays.
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/22 06:30:24 (permalink)
panup
About Duckbar...

> Color and menu options and a super dooper control bar and a far more than could be listed here..

Yes, Duckbar has too many features to list here... However, don't forget easy to use Tools Menu Editor and customizable floating toolbar, Picture Cache folder cleaner, Recent Files list maintenance, batch freeze/unfreeze tracks, export track listing to clipboard, add new buttons to PRV, Staff View, QuadEQ, SONAR full screen mode for X1 & X2, tap tempo, delay time calculator. It even has a built-in KVAK programming language which can handle inline CAL scripts to control SONAR.
One of my favorite silent features is Duckbar's ability to preserve SONAR's pan law settings globally (normally SONAR uses last project's pan law settings for new projects which may not be what you want).

SONAR2015 compatibility is not yet fully implemented. Updates coming soon after Summer holidays.

Thanks for your comments Panu. As you'll notice I've made a not of a new update being available in about mid August. This thread and the 00_read me.docx on Onedrive are just brief overviews of each of the utilities. In any case I'm not hosting your program just arranging a permanent link to it via your website, so I'll leave you to sing Duckbar's praises if that's OK.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/22 08:33:48 (permalink)

In the interest of keeping this thread useful and on topic "Thank you" posts have been removed.

Mike (OP) thanks everyone for the kind words and support, let's make this thread a great resource for all Sonar users.

This post will also self-destruct in a couple of days.

Karyn.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

bitflipper
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/22 10:06:06 (permalink)
I was going to be a smartass and add "Thank you, Karyn".

But that wouldn't be a good example for a forum host to set, so to remain OT I'll also add this caveat:as of today my VSTInventory tool is not compatible with Platinum (just versions 4 through X3), but that a new version is currently under test by mudgel and lawajava. We'll be posting an updated version sometime this week.

[UPDATE 6/22/15: Version 1.0.17 is up, and is Platinum-compatible. Thanks to mudgel and lawajava for their help. Because I don't have Platinum, I'd have been shooting totally in the dark without those guys' assistance.]
post edited by bitflipper - 2015/06/27 23:58:41

My Stuff
panup
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2538
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/22 14:05:01 (permalink)
mudgel
Thanks for your comments Panu. As you'll notice I've made a not of a new update being available in about mid August. This thread and the 00_read me.docx on Onedrive are just brief overviews of each of the utilities. In any case I'm not hosting your program just arranging a permanent link to it via your website, so I'll leave you to sing Duckbar's praises if that's OK.

OK! And I'll make some noise when updates are available.
This list of utilities is awesome. Thanks for your efforts! :)
thomasabarnes
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 06:34:22 (permalink)
I was wondering just what type of content is allowed to be posted here. Is it just news about SONAR related user contributed utilities or content concerning news about SONAR users' contributions in software that can enhance the SONAR user's experience?

There was some work done by the SONAR forum user jcatena related to a TTSLAME.dll update which improves the SONAR MP3 encoding of the Cakewalk MP3 Encoder. As of SONAR X3, the work done by jcatena is still a relevant improvement, as SONAR X3 uses Lame version 3.97 and the updated .dlls provided by jcatena uses LAME version 3.98.2. I read somewhere that an upcoming SONAR Platinum update will include MP3 export improvement, but I'm not sure what exactly does that entail. 

If this content I'm posting is permissible here, the updated .dll files can be downloaded by following the link below, with instructions to use the dlls: 

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/1774575

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 07:07:50 (permalink)
While all the programs submitted or discovered so far have been by members of the forum I don't see that it has to be a set in stone policy. I mean I'm hosting them on my Onedrive so I don't really have to please anyone but myself.
The only thing I would say is that in discussing things we're still on Cakewalk's forum. The reason the thread has been moved here is for discussion of non Cakewalk software so it seems the best place.

My only concern is with respect to the TTSLAME.dll. I would say that that lib is a Cakewalk repackaging of the Lame codec and is the reason that we have to pay if we use Cakewalk's MP3 encoder. I wonder whether there a licence or copyright issue? Will have to think about it and make some enquiries. When I'm back on my PC I'll check out its properties first off.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

bitflipper
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 07:39:09 (permalink)
Checked ttslame.dll properties...it doesn't even have a copyright notice or vendor name in it.

My Stuff
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 08:48:10 (permalink)
bitflipper
Checked ttslame.dll properties...it doesn't even have a copyright notice or vendor name in it.

I've been mucking about with this all day. The forum software's spam bot keeps binning the thread because of all the links in it. every time I open it, make an edit and save it gets deleted.

Apparently the bot needs to be trained to get used to the thread???

Once that settles down I'll add ttslame.dll.
I'll have to compare Sonar's mp3 output vs using this file vs Aaron's mp3 patch. I'll get onto it tomorrow.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 09:20:30 (permalink)
bitflipper

here's a link to to the Sonar online help regarding the mp3 encoder. Seems like its already been updated as it shows as v3.99 in the mp3 export setting dialog.
http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=0x203E3

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

thomasabarnes
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 09:49:51 (permalink)
mudgel

My only concern is with respect to the TTSLAME.dll. I would say that that lib is a Cakewalk repackaging of the Lame codec and is the reason that we have to pay if we use Cakewalk's MP3 encoder. I wonder whether there a licence or copyright issue?

I understand your concern and caution. As noted by jcatena in his post via the link I posted:

" mp3 encoder authorization is needed in order to use it (the updated ttslame.dll), no difference with original. No need to re-authorize if you already did." 

Of course I'm no Cakewalk employee, so I'm hoping it's OK by Cakewalk for users of Cakewalk software to use the updated ttslame.dll files, as Cakewalk MP3 activation is still needed in order to use the updated dll files, and the updated dll files provide a benefit to authorized users of the Cakewalk MP3 Encoder.And seeing that this updated dll news was posted in the old SONAR Resources sticky thread, in which time it was not negatively pounced on by Cakewalk, here's to being optimistic that Cakewalk continues any possible implicit indirect support for the Cakewalk Communiity.

thomasabarnes
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 09:57:12 (permalink)
mudgel

here's a link to to the Sonar online help regarding the mp3 encoder. Seems like its already been updated as it shows as v3.99 in the mp3 export setting dialog.

I've been using SONAR 8 Producer through to X3e Producer, and the lame version that ships with those versions is 3.97. I don't know what version of Lame is included with SONAR 2015 versions.
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2015/06/23 10:04:33

mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 10:25:31 (permalink)
thomasabarnes
mudgel

I've been using SONAR 8 Producer through to X3e Producer, and the lame version that ships with those versions is 3.97. I don't know what version of Lame is included with SONAR 2015 versions.

That's what I was referring to. Sonar Platinum ie 2015 is using v3.99 and has full capability with export choices from bit rates of 32 to 320 or VBR as per the attached image and ID3 tags.

post edited by mudgel - 2015/06/23 10:40:45

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

thomasabarnes
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 11:03:41 (permalink)
There are more users of Cakewalk/SONAR software than the SONAR 2015 lineup users, so jcatena's updated ttslame.dll files can still be a benefit to many users of the Cakewalk community.

mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/23 22:07:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby thomasabarnes 2015/06/23 22:53:48
I understand that, I was simply answering your question.

In the meantime I've had considerable problems with the forum's anti spam software being triggered every time I edit the first post to add an item. This causes the post to be inaccessible until it's restored by a forum host.

I'm on the opposite side of the world and while I've had nothing but help and support from the forum hosts (and no doubt the bakers behind the scenes) I'm on a planet far far away in Australia and widely varying time zones add another layer to managing communication.

Rest assured I know that there are many X3 and earlier versions being used so this dll will benefit them. As soon as I can I'll get onto it.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/27 08:36:20 (permalink)
Deleted.

post edited by clintmartin - 2015/06/27 10:55:59

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/06/27 09:15:58 (permalink)
would you be kind enough to open a new thread about this and keep this thread for the discussion of new utilities not there actual operation. It will help others searching for utilities created by our members.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

5MilesHigh
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/07/02 21:29:35 (permalink)
Thank you very much. I've been looking something like these, but the blind have to feel around sometimes. 

In particular, I'd seen some mentions of the Project thingy, which I'm look into, probably Saturday night at this point. 

Caroline calls.
KPerry
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3120
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/07/10 05:28:25 (permalink)
Re. CupCake2 - with thanks to mudgel for flagging this up, there's a problem with a repeated CLSID for a plug-in that I don't think should happen.  I've only found this for one plug-in so far (the very useful Sidechain Mixer) which I think is a bug in the plug-in so I've contacted SilkTone about this.

At the moment though, CupCake 2 will crash if you have Sidechain Mixer installed.
mudgel
Re: Utilities for use with Sonar. 2015/07/10 06:47:24 (permalink)
Discussion of this program (CupCake) here.

Http://forum.cakewalk.com/findpost/3253680

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1