Helpful ReplyWho are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 13:08:25 (permalink)
jbow
You.
Grill something, play guitar, shoot guns! LOL.

Actually, I cannot think of ANYONE here that I would not want to meet and hang out with. Really, not a soul. This is a god place filled with great people. I'd like to eat and play guitar with anyone. I might even have a beer and a cigar... outside.

I used to be a member of an online community that had regional "jams" from time to time. I made it to one, it was a great time. As far as getting together to play some music and record it of course. I think that would be something to think about. Huh?

J

I always felt there'd be a good BBQ and jamfest to be had around the jbow homestead. Sounds like a good time. There was a guy near my old place in the country who used to put on such events at his place. Sadly I was too twisted up to hobble over there for any of them. Jazz and country would waft over the hills and some good old metal (Ozzy and the like) when his kids and grandkids commandeered the instruments.
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 14:43:57 (permalink)
tom1
Jbow:
I'd like to eat and play guitar with anyone.

You eat guitars?

Maybe he's the man from Mars? 
(Replay Blondie's Rapture if you missed that reference.)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Makzimia
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 258
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 14:53:50 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Beepster
Well I'm all the way up in Canuckerland and rarely leave my hermit's cave so I'll have to enjoy your skills from afar. I'm kind of stinky anyway which can be distracting while trying to play. ;-)

Beepster ,  ….no worries…. I'm somewhat of a hermit myself  , thats a big reason why I started this thread … 

Kenny

Join the hermit club :). One here too...

Tony Carpenter
Castille Productions
Sonar Platinum//Cubase 10 Pro//Logic Pro X 
Mac Pro Dual Xeon 6 core 3.46ghz
32GB RAM
UA Apollo Quad FireWire, UAD2 Quad, X-touch, NI 12 Ultimate Collectors, Montage 7

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 14:58:14 (permalink)
RobertB
Funny you should post this now, Kenny.
Donna and I will be near Eugene next week for my daughter, Stephanie's, wedding.
I have been thinking it would sure be nice to swing up to Vancouver and meet up with you.
I don't know if we can make that happen, but the idea is certainly appealing.

Hello Robert ,
Wow , that is indeed some great news . Congratulations on your daughter Stephanie's upcoming wedding 
it seems to me that you sure got a real important event happening with the wedding and family ….
probably best to  save all your energy for that special day , it's the thought of wanting to meet someday that counts 
I hope if we ever get to meet in person that it will be low pressure thing that just sort of happens  .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 15:03:46 (permalink)
I met Brandon once in Seattle. He actually just got promoted at Roland. I would be open to meeting just about anyone on here including those I don't see eye to eye with. I find people offline tend to be less passionate about little things and much easier to find common ground with. I guess if I had to choose a few I would go with sharke (we would disagreeb on politics but have plenty of music discussion), beepster ( he seems really good natured), clarry (the morbid part of me wants to see one of those IK rants in person), mettalus (in interacted with him during an online class and seems like a great guy) and Craig Anderton .
Old55
  • Total Posts : 19791
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 17:27:53 (permalink)
bapu
To date, I have met in person

1. Jonbouy
2. SteveStrummerUK
3. Philz
4. ohgrant
5. Mooch
6. Old55
7. Randy Prier
8. bitflipper
9. lanceindastudio
10. Julibee
11. Dave "quantumeffect" Carlson
12. Phil (the other one), I ferget his nom de plume

Did I leave anyone out? Besides those I've actually talked to on the phone (my mayte Jaymes, Danny Danzi, Beagle and Daryl19868).

Is Phil Middleman? 
I've met 5 or 6 on the list.  Plus that other guy--what's his name?  Hmmm... Oh, yeah.  Bapu.  Mostly it was when everyone came to town for NAMM.  I hope we get to do that again. 

You forgot Brandon, Craig Anderton and one more baker that was doing the demo of X2.  Memory slips away. 

I almost met Beagle a few weeks ago.  I wish that could have worked out.  Besides Beagle, I'd like to meet most everyone in the CH with a slightly higher priority to those of us who muck about the FSF. 

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 17:48:25 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Beagle
kennywtelejazz

here's a few of mine off the top of my head ...

I would like to meet and hang out with James in Scotland one of these days …play some guitars and dig the wide open spaces .

I would like to play some blues guitar with Guitarhacker and then go out and do a motorcycle ride 

I would like to get in a room with Beagle and arm wrestle him where the best out of 5 wins means the winner get's to keep the bacon ….

Ya'll get the idea ...this can be fantasy , poking fun …or a serious hang out / meet   the only rule is lets keep it fun and civil 

Kenny

that could be arranged! 

Sure Beagle , I'm down  ….
since there's a lot of bacon on the line 
I wonder how much it would cost to get this guy to stand in for me when it comes time to arm wrestle 

Kenny

pinch hitters are NOT an option! 

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 18:08:28 (permalink)
I would very much like to meet Ben and I hope he feels the same way about me.  We have had some major differences and argumenmts in the past but that is all forgotten now.  I like the approach that yorolpal is onto. Go for the hardest person you have had communication with not the easiest.

I might be able to meet Ben one day anyway as he is only in Tasmania which is not too far away from Melbourne.  If I ever go there I am going to look him up.  I am convinced  (and excited at the possibility)  Ben and I could do a very good track together.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 18:27:33 (permalink)
Honestly I've never understood why Cake hasn't had a User weekend with an emphasis on forum members in Bean Town. I'd bet there would be enough interest for many to travel there, meet the staff, imbibe, mingle...maybe even jam (I'm talking to you Noel and Craig) and have a fun weekend. Of course ol Henry J. would have to pony up with complimentary swag to entice (placate) us. And there probably wouldn't be more than two or three fist fights...tops.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 18:33:05 (permalink)
Yeti again NO honourable mention!  

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

Randy P
Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3070
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 18:43:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2014/08/28 02:57:25
I'd like to meet up with Pisstol Pete. Oh the fun I would have. Him.....not so much.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/27 19:06:16 (permalink)
I would like to hang out with everyone on here and play music together. That would be fun!
I too would like to meet PP but on stage in a live setting in front of a big crowd

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 04:53:18 (permalink)
Mesh

Playing (software) poker with Larry would be a lot of fun, but most of us would be just folding with Bapu & Olpal always raising the ante.

aye carumba  I didn't think of that …..playing them guys I would have to have a killer hand just to make it past the first deal 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 05:38:46 (permalink)
I met Robin Kelly from Cakewalk in Digital Village in London way back. He sold me on Sonar.

I was due to meet up with Bapu and others during his trip to London in September 2010 - in the intervening last week of August, I nearly died and ended up waking up in hospital after an eight hour operation with a colostomy bag attached and an orange sized tumour still hanging around. Bapu thinks this was a poor excuse for not showing up...he's right.

I have had a long chat on the phone with Paulo, and still plan to drop in for a beer with him when I next am near the South Coast.
I one met a musician in my local pub who said 'I use Sonar too'
Strummy very kindly posted me a DVD on how to cook authentic curry dishes.

Does any of this count?

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
Beepster
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 12:56:17 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I met Brandon once in Seattle. He actually just got promoted at Roland. I would be open to meeting just about anyone on here including those I don't see eye to eye with. I find people offline tend to be less passionate about little things and much easier to find common ground with. I guess if I had to choose a few I would go with sharke (we would disagreeb on politics but have plenty of music discussion), beepster ( he seems really good natured), clarry (the morbid part of me wants to see one of those IK rants in person), mettalus (in interacted with him during an online class and seems like a great guy) and Craig Anderton .

I'm a little spazzier in real life than I am here but I guess still pretty chill. Seattle is one of the US cities I'd like to visit at some point if I ever break my chains. If I do end up heading that way I'd totally hook up with you, Dub. Who knows, I've got friends out in BC that invite me out all the time and it would be a good chance to make a border run if I take them up on it. Cheers.
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 13:07:29 (permalink)
bapu
12. Phil (the other one), I ferget his nom de plume

That would be Phil Grabmiller, AKA Middleman, collector of the kind of vintage hardware that I could only gaze at longingly through the window.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
bitflipper
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 13:11:43 (permalink)
Beepster
Seattle is one of the US cities I'd like to visit at some point if I ever break my chains. If I do end up heading that way I'd totally hook up with you, Dub. Who knows, I've got friends out in BC that invite me out all the time and it would be a good chance to make a border run if I take them up on it. Cheers.

Stop by and pick me up on your way to BC, Beepster. I'm right off the freeway.

My Stuff
Beepster
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 13:20:02 (permalink)
Oh goodness me that would be epic, Bit. I think you could be passed out in the backseat and I'd still learn something from any snoring or drooling going on. Heh.

Man, I need party van with bench seats and a portable rig. Dare to dream.
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 22:15:03 (permalink)
I would like to meet Baba.

I have several inter-caste astrological issues that need to be addressed, and I feel that a face to face meeting will be much less subject to black magic influences.
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 22:58:06 (permalink)
I would love to sit in Danny Danzi's studio for a day and just absorb his knowledge and experience. I think after a day in his studio, he would have me talking with a northern accent again, as well. 😊

I have a feeling one of these days I am going to run into Rain at the Town Center GC as well, while I'm working a trade show in Vegas. I don't get much personal time when I'm there, but if I do, I go strait to that GC; then over to the Brewery behind the GC.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 23:07:38 (permalink)
MakeShift
I would love to sit in Danny Danzi's studio for a day and just absorb his knowledge and experience. I think after a day in his studio, he would have me talking with a northern accent again, as well. 😊

I have a feeling one of these days I am going to run into Rain at the Town Center GC as well, while I'm working a trade show in Vegas. I don't get much personal time when I'm there, but if I do, I go strait to that GC; then over to the Brewery behind the GC.

Same here, my friend. :)

Marius and I were hoping to meet in NY a few years ago but we just couldn't make it happen. When I first learned that we were going to NY, I thought it'd be nice to maybe meet Billy Arnell - unfortunately, he passed away that summer. :( I regret never have gotten the opportunity. He came across as a genuinely nice fellow.

I probably could have bumped into Sharke any day, but if I remember correctly, he was only starting to hang around here in the CH that summer. In fact, that's the first thing I remember about him - how he helped find out what had happen to Billy.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/28 23:26:26 (permalink)
MakeShift
I would love to sit in Danny Danzi's studio for a day and just absorb his knowledge and experience. I think after a day in his studio, he would have me talking with a northern accent again, as well. 

You really think you'll get much of chance to talk?  

Personally, I think it would be a blast to hang out with Danny. 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/29 02:35:53 (permalink)
rsp@odyssey.net
I'd like to meet up with Pisstol Pete. Oh the fun I would have. Him.....not so much.

Randy

excellent post Randy  well played  

bayoubill
Yeti again NO honourable mention!  

don't worry bayoubill ,
I had you in mind as a fella I would like to meet up and do a hang with ...
I'm sure you and I could have a blast playing our guitars to tunes out of the Real Book 
 ….if you start getting ornery and testy with me playing all the tunes you know really well 
I'm gonna call Song For My Father on your a$$ and we are gonna play it in all twelve Keys  
now would you mind passing me a bowl of that homemade chili i hear your famous for 

slartabartfast
I would like to meet Baba.

I have several inter-caste astrological issues that need to be addressed, and I feel that a face to face meeting will be much less subject to black magic influences.

Oh yeah ..i almost forgot about him …
There happens to be a 6 foot cactus out in the desert with his name on it I have a feeling that this fine specimen of American Culture may serve as a very useful medical tool for his next prostrate exam 
slartabartfast , if you happen to meet up with him , please save a little bit of him for me  

Kenny

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2014/08/29 03:35:59

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

bitflipper
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/29 10:21:15 (permalink)
An evening with UbiquitousBubba, shootin' the breeze on the back porch with a doobie. Perhaps talking about classic science fiction.

I do hang out with lawajava pretty regularly. His rig is mobile so he can bring over his laptop and play me whatever he's working on. It's enjoyable having somebody to talk to who's into the same esoteric stuff you are. At least, it's enjoyable for me. I have no idea what kind of grief he gets from his wife when he goes home and announces yet another Meldaproduction plugin that he's just gotta have.

My Stuff
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/29 12:10:01 (permalink)
Beepster

I'm a little spazzier in real life than I am here but I guess still pretty chill. Seattle is one of the US cities I'd like to visit at some point if I ever break my chains. If I do end up heading that way I'd totally hook up with you, Dub. Who knows, I've got friends out in BC that invite me out all the time and it would be a good chance to make a border run if I take them up on it. Cheers.

BC is great even though Vancouver, like Seattle is becoming very expensive. Really amazing offerings, particularly if you are rich. You me and bitflipper can go have drinks and you can even going ab some souvenir bud strictly for commerative purposes.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 02:21:51 (permalink)
WOW , there are a couple of guys in this thread that I could probably actually met up with in real life .
all I would have to do is drive my jalopy  further up North on the I 5 for a few hours  .

it looks like we have the makings of  A Seattle bassed SONAR Rat Pack   
theres bitflipper  dubdisciple , lawajava and a dumb a$$ guitar player named Kenny who likes to play endless lead guitar solos over one chord funk songs 

Kenny

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2014/08/30 02:28:35

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 02:37:21 (permalink)
bitflipper
An evening with UbiquitousBubba, shootin' the breeze on the back porch with a doobie. Perhaps talking about classic science fiction.

I do hang out with lawajava pretty regularly. His rig is mobile so he can bring over his laptop and play me whatever he's working on. It's enjoyable having somebody to talk to who's into the same esoteric stuff you are. At least, it's enjoyable for me. I have no idea what kind of grief he gets from his wife when he goes home and announces yet another Meldaproduction plugin that he's just gotta have.

thats awesome Dave 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 02:42:54 (permalink)
Beagle
kennywtelejazz
Beagle
kennywtelejazz

here's a few of mine off the top of my head ...

I would like to meet and hang out with James in Scotland one of these days …play some guitars and dig the wide open spaces .

I would like to play some blues guitar with Guitarhacker and then go out and do a motorcycle ride 

I would like to get in a room with Beagle and arm wrestle him where the best out of 5 wins means the winner get's to keep the bacon ….

Ya'll get the idea ...this can be fantasy , poking fun …or a serious hang out / meet   the only rule is lets keep it fun and civil 

Kenny

that could be arranged! 

Sure Beagle , I'm down  ….
since there's a lot of bacon on the line 
I wonder how much it would cost to get this guy to stand in for me when it comes time to arm wrestle 

Kenny

pinch hitters are NOT an option! 

alright Beagle you shot me down again  you get to keep all the bacon ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

bitflipper
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 10:26:04 (permalink)
Kenny, I did not know you were in Seattle. A CW jam session would be great.

So I gather you're in the south end? If so, Tom Deering is down your way. Great guitarist, great guy. Somebody I'd definitely hang out with if he wasn't way down in Kent, and there wasn't a perpetual traffic jam between here and there.

My Stuff
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 10:54:20 (permalink)
Herb/Guitarhacker and I met for lunch a few years ago.
We ate, talked music and he premiered his version of All The Young Dudes for me.
The best part? He paid.
But really, it was great to meet up with someone on the forums. I think he's the only one close by to me.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1