Helpful ReplyWho are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 13:11:37 (permalink)
bayoubill
Yeti again NO honourable mention!  

Me two
bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 13:13:08 (permalink)
bitflipper
bapu
12. Phil (the other one), I ferget his nom de plume

That would be Phil Grabmiller, AKA Middleman, collector of the kind of vintage hardware that I could only gaze at longingly through the window.

Yep, that's the Juan.
bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 13:15:35 (permalink)
I want to hang out with that person who is in charge of drum maps.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 15:18:15 (permalink)
bitflipper
Kenny, I did not know you were in Seattle. A CW jam session would be great.

So I gather you're in the south end? If so, Tom Deering is down your way. Great guitarist, great guy. Somebody I'd definitely hang out with if he wasn't way down in Kent, and there wasn't a perpetual traffic jam between here and there.

Hi Dave, I'm living at the other end of Washington in Vancouver …it's a nice change of pace after Cali .
Yes , I do like living in WA….the whole time I've lived here (8 years )I haven't made it up to the Seattle area ...
I've always wanted to make a trip up there and I suppose the biggest reason  I haven't made it up there yet is because I don't actually know any body personaly in the Seattle area …. and I keep blowing whatever little extra money I have to spare on music ….
I can't even blame cclarry for that one....I'm just one of these guys that walks into a music store for a pack of strings and winds up walking out w a uke or something musical  and no strings 
Dave you have always been a forum member that I felt I could learn a real lot from …
even if it's just having a conversation , jamming or watching you adjust a plugin …
a doob on the porch hell yeah ….
I got a few things that are time sensitive that I have to handle over here … stuff like paying some insurance bills 6 months upfront and the upcoming vet visits for my dog Duke for his required shots ….
once I handle all that I think I can comfortably take a nice long drive up North and meet up with you Dave . 

who knows I might even like the area a lot better up there than here where I am now ...
Yeah I would be willing to come up and do a C W Jam with you and the fellas you have mentioned ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 15:28:30 (permalink)
You know what , I'm starting to think that I need to do a 24 hour endurance  Jam session with bapu ...
man I love the sound of an Alembic bass …
I've sold a few of them back in the day when I worked on West 48 th street in the music stores ...
I would love to see if I could keep up with bapu while we try to play some hard core Jaco and Stanley Clark ...
if we can't get the grooving happening on them cats  I would be happy just to play some Jethro Tull...
after all that happens I'm gonna be real curious to see if he has any strength left in his fingers 
this will be sort of a scientific experiment to see if it affects his ability to multi post   love you man 

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2014/08/30 15:31:38

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 17:34:42 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
You know what , I'm starting to think that I need to do a 24 hour endurance  Jam session with bapu ...
I've sold a few of them back in the day when I worked on West 48 th street in the music stores ...
I would love to see if I could keep up with bapu while we try to play some hard core Jaco and Stanley Clark ...
if we can't get the grooving happening on them cats  I would be happy just to play some Jethro Tull...
after all that happens I'm gonna be real curious to see if he has any strength left in his fingers 
this will be sort of a scientific experiment to see if it affects his ability to multi post   love you man 

Kenny

I could NEVER be a Jaco or Stanley.

Love those guys and they are an inspiration along with Mr's Chris Squire, Jack Bruce and The Ox.

So I do the best I can to be me and add what little of those hero's skills I can cop.

Love you too Kenny.
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 17:37:52 (permalink)
I have to get down towards portland
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 22:45:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2014/08/30 23:11:42
Vancouver's got one great thing going for it: it's close to Portland. OK, two things: it's downwind from Tacoma.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/08/30 23:20:29 (permalink)
bitflipper
Vancouver's got one great thing going for it: it's close to Portland. OK, two things: it's downwind from Tacoma.

And one more thing, no state income tax!  So you live and work in Vancouver (or near - I'm about a mile away from the border of Vancouver) and you buy everything in Portland where there's no sales tax. 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 02:52:19 (permalink)
bayoubill

Don't take it personal. Must be the avatar...

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 07:42:09 (permalink)
soens
bayoubill

Don't take it personal. Must be the avatar...

some of you guys are killing me here 

I just need to say that I hope that nobody is feeling alienated if thier name didn't come up yet or if they feel not loved or taken for granted ….that is not the point of this thread at all …this is not a popularity contest 

lets face it …I don't know anybody here that has the resources to actually travel all over the world to meet up with the people they have been interacting with on line here on the forum for years ...

a big point of this thread was to just have a little fun ….send someone an e pat on the back...
or let them know they are in your thoughts . have a little fun  mess around and poke some fun at the some folks around here that we all know that can handle it ….

this thread is not about me …it's about you  no need to sit around waiting for somebody to invite you in ...
take the first step and say something about them .

any way heres a couple of more folks I would like to meet someday ...

I always thought that Janet was a real classy person . I enjoyed some of her videos of the recitals she did...
Even though I play a totally different style of music than she does I really enjoyed her piano based music ...
Love that picture of her on the rope .

I would like to meet Larry Alex someday …he seems to be a very gracious man ..polite with manners 
He has more tallent in his mouse finger than I will ever have ..I wish I could learn to write music like he does. 
I've actually said this type of stuff to him on his song treads ….
I would love my pathetic scragley beard to behold the awesomeness of his beard with the intended hope that the fuzz I'm trying to grow might decide to get with the program …if I ever get that chance I'm gonna bring him a couple of fire extinguishers to keep his mouse cool ..

last but not least for this post , 

I would like to meet kennywtelejazz someday just to find out if it's really one person or if its 7 different out of work middle age guitar players  living in a station wagon over by the river that decided to use that one screen name to record tracks on a shared computer 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

spacey
  • Total Posts : 8769
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 09:40:43 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
I don't know anybody here that has the resources to actually travel all over the world to meet up with the people they have been interacting with on line here on the forum for years ...

a big point of this thread was to just have a little fun ….send someone an e pat on the back...
or let them know they are in your thoughts . 

Kenny

I'll try...

For every person that reads or participates in the fora, whether or not they post their attempts at creating music. (since everything is suppose to be "music related" and includes "engineers" and becan I feel I should note.)

To all the guitarist- me brothers- never stop. Always remember that nobody can play like you. Listen to yourself and work on the sounds that YOU enjoy about yourself and the sounds of other pickers and don't ignore the people in your life in exchange for playing time. (that's my "pat on your back" and best advice I have.) I really enjoy listening to guitarist and it doesn't matter if they are advanced players or not...I love the instrument and enjoy hearing people picking on them. Style doesn't matter either. I think I've enjoyed all styles at one time or another.

To all the other musicians ( that play a stringed music instrument) - I envy you. I wish I had the time and money to buy and spend time learning how to play them...and with that I guess I won't know who to mention since I don't anyone here that does either, unless they have fooled me with their digital abilities.

To all the engineers that don't play a stringed instrument or drums/percussion and seem to really offer nothing but opinions about every little thing and want everybody to know they do- have a long life and prosper.
If that sounds bad...sorry, but I've never met one fitting that definition that I could stand to listen to for over two minutes after I realized they were just knob jobs. ( and yes I do think many that post here fit in that category because they don't post any of their attempts...they only talk the talk and not walk the walk...so it's them causing me to think that of them....but that's not to say I might enjoy shooting a game of pool and drinking a beer or two with them...IF they don't talk about music or their opinions about what's the best gear to use.

To all the programmers of music related software-
I think it's ironic that you create and make a living off of pissing customers off and leave them with no worries of accountability and taking their money with no guarantees...while needing "agreements" that require lawyers to understand...maybe some lawyers can anyway. That put's you in the same class as government employees which is ironic...we're not suppose to even talk about that. When it's time after milking a feature...you or Microcrap apples will change everything...or an "update" for another fee...just a new tit for yourselves. (right next to lawyers if ya noticed)

To all drummers and percussionist- I think you should all be beautiful women. I love to watch beautiful women shake that thing...If you're not a beautiful woman I think we'll be talking, drinking and shooting pool...just kiddin'...
I just really don't know anything much about drums but realize if you don't distract me from the groove...you're pretty good....so let's shoot a game of pool and chase some pretty girls around and you can talk about the drums with the bassist.

I guess the digital world has given us the means to spend our communication/relation in this manner since creating music together doesn't require us to be in the same place at the same time. Kind of ironic that it's also the means of us talking about getting together at the same place, same time.

That's really all I have to say so spending time and money to visit..?..I guess I have to say it's just not a good idea to me. Sorry, nothing personal and I don't have a pool table, damn it. Well....now ya got me thinking about building a game room Kenny...my wife really,really likes ya LOL...and my coffee got cold typing this crap.

post edited by spacey - 2014/09/01 09:43:11
henkejs
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 489
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 10:49:07 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
WOW , there are a couple of guys in this thread that I could probably actually met up with in real life .
all I would have to do is drive my jalopy  further up North on the I 5 for a few hours  .

it looks like we have the makings of  A Seattle bassed SONAR Rat Pack   
theres bitflipper  dubdisciple , lawajava and a dumb a$$ guitar player named Kenny who likes to play endless lead guitar solos over one chord funk songs 

Kenny

New Seattle transplant here. Count me in!

A few of my songs

SONAR Platinum, Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.
bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 10:57:09 (permalink)
spacey
I guess the digital world has given us the means to spend our communication/relation in this manner since creating music together doesn't require us to be in the same place at the same time. Kind of ironic that it's also the means of us talking about getting together at the same place, same time.

Most poignant observation by Michael EVAH!!! 
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 21:42:10 (permalink)
Beepster
But seriously, if I had the dough and an invite (as well as the courage to venture into Jersey again) I would totally fly down to hang with Danny for a while.

Aww man, that would rock. If you ever get the urge, let me know. :) Philz is supposed to come and see me at some point. Maybe you will as well Beeps! I'd love it brother! :)

MakeShift
I would love to sit in Danny Danzi's studio for a day and just absorb his knowledge and experience. I think after a day in his studio, he would have me talking with a northern accent again, as well. 😊

Hahaha Mike! You're too kind. I'd definitely have you laughing. Not sure how much you'd learn, but it would be fun! My doors are always open man....as long as I'm not with a client and we plan for it. :) I had the honor of meeting Philip (he's the only Sonar guy I've met so far) but I wish it were under better circumstances. My father died on his birthday (May 30) this year and Philip was gracious enough to come for the services. Though we didn't spend any quality time together, it blew me away that he thought that much to show up for my father's service. He's doing well by the way. :)

craigb

You really think you'll get much of chance to talk?  

Personally, I think it would be a blast to hang out with Danny.

Hey now, I'm not that bad...only if you ask me a question that can be answered 12 different ways! :-P

Quite a few I'd love to meet also...but I gotta admit, I don't share olpal's view this time...which I just about always do since he's such a class act. :) Running into forum people that use this as entertainment that you know for a fact would not talk to you face to face the way they take shots at others on this forum, is not something I'd be interested in experiencing. I despise those types and really wish the moderators took care of them so that none of us would ever be forced into a position to where we feel the need to defend ourselves.

A disagreement or matter of opinion is one thing....there are some blatant <insert the word of your choice> here that really go that extra mile to treat people poorly and feed off of the entertainment. To some it's words on a screen that you can just shut down. To others that have made this a part of their actual social life due to whatever reasons we may have for being here....and it can really make you not want to be around as often.

That said, there's only about 5 I have no time for. The rest of you would all be welcome to hang with me for a weekend for sure. I actually thought of something like that. A guitar site I belong to, Guitar War used to have an annual meetup in Georgia where all the guys that could afford it would go each year. It got bigger and bigger and one year there were 50 of us from all over the world. I thought of doing something like that for the forum here at one point, but figured there might not be enough interest. Hang in the studio for a weekend of music, learning, recording, messing around, eating, and just having a good time bonding with friends that share the same interest.

When it was my turn to host the guitar war meetup, I contacted a studio in Philly where I work from time to time and they gave us the entire place for the weekend. I didn't have the facility I have now or I would have hosted it at my place...but it was nice to have friends in high places that just gave me the keys to the building and said "have fun." I think something like that would be incredible really. Maybe some day...if there was enough interest of course. :)

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/01 22:03:10 (permalink)
If I'm not on your list of 5 Danny, I'd love to come out with Philz sometime in 2015.
craigb
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/02 03:52:16 (permalink)
Danny Danzi
Beepster
But seriously, if I had the dough and an invite (as well as the courage to venture into Jersey again) I would totally fly down to hang with Danny for a while.

Aww man, that would rock. If you ever get the urge, let me know. :) Philz is supposed to come and see me at some point. Maybe you will as well Beeps! I'd love it brother! :)

MakeShift
I would love to sit in Danny Danzi's studio for a day and just absorb his knowledge and experience. I think after a day in his studio, he would have me talking with a northern accent again, as well. 😊

Hahaha Mike! You're too kind. I'd definitely have you laughing. Not sure how much you'd learn, but it would be fun! My doors are always open man....as long as I'm not with a client and we plan for it. :) I had the honor of meeting Philip (he's the only Sonar guy I've met so far) but I wish it were under better circumstances. My father died on his birthday (May 30) this year and Philip was gracious enough to come for the services. Though we didn't spend any quality time together, it blew me away that he thought that much to show up for my father's service. He's doing well by the way. :)

craigb

You really think you'll get much of chance to talk?  

Personally, I think it would be a blast to hang out with Danny.

Hey now, I'm not that bad...only if you ask me a question that can be answered 12 different ways! :-P

Quite a few I'd love to meet also...but I gotta admit, I don't share olpal's view this time...which I just about always do since he's such a class act. :) Running into forum people that use this as entertainment that you know for a fact would not talk to you face to face the way they take shots at others on this forum, is not something I'd be interested in experiencing. I despise those types and really wish the moderators took care of them so that none of us would ever be forced into a position to where we feel the need to defend ourselves.

A disagreement or matter of opinion is one thing....there are some blatant <insert the word of your choice> here that really go that extra mile to treat people poorly and feed off of the entertainment. To some it's words on a screen that you can just shut down. To others that have made this a part of their actual social life due to whatever reasons we may have for being here....and it can really make you not want to be around as often.

That said, there's only about 5 I have no time for. The rest of you would all be welcome to hang with me for a weekend for sure. I actually thought of something like that. A guitar site I belong to, Guitar War used to have an annual meetup in Georgia where all the guys that could afford it would go each year. It got bigger and bigger and one year there were 50 of us from all over the world. I thought of doing something like that for the forum here at one point, but figured there might not be enough interest. Hang in the studio for a weekend of music, learning, recording, messing around, eating, and just having a good time bonding with friends that share the same interest.

When it was my turn to host the guitar war meetup, I contacted a studio in Philly where I work from time to time and they gave us the entire place for the weekend. I didn't have the facility I have now or I would have hosted it at my place...but it was nice to have friends in high places that just gave me the keys to the building and said "have fun." I think something like that would be incredible really. Maybe some day...if there was enough interest of course. :)

-Danny

Ok, fine.  I guess we'll just have to agree to agree then.
(See what I did there?)

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/02 16:19:07 (permalink)
henkejs
kennywtelejazz
WOW , there are a couple of guys in this thread that I could probably actually met up with in real life .
all I would have to do is drive my jalopy  further up North on the I 5 for a few hours  .

it looks like we have the makings of  A Seattle bassed SONAR Rat Pack   
theres bitflipper  dubdisciple , lawajava and a dumb a$$ guitar player named Kenny who likes to play endless lead guitar solos over one chord funk songs 

Kenny

New Seattle transplant here. Count me in!

Welcome to Seattle
kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/07 20:37:27 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I have to get down towards portland

let me know when that may happen , your a cool dude I'll hang w you 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/07 20:55:24 (permalink)
spacey
kennywtelejazz
I don't know anybody here that has the resources to actually travel all over the world to meet up with the people they have been interacting with on line here on the forum for years ...

Kenny

I'll try...

For every person that reads or participates in the fora, whether or not they post their attempts at creating music. (since everything is suppose to be "music related" and includes "engineers" and becan I feel I should note.)

To all the guitarist- me brothers- never stop. Always remember that nobody can play like you. Listen to yourself and work on the sounds that YOU enjoy about yourself and the sounds of other pickers and don't ignore the people in your life in exchange for playing time. (that's my "pat on your back" and best advice I have.) I really enjoy listening to guitarist and it doesn't matter if they are advanced players or not...I love the instrument and enjoy hearing people picking on them. Style doesn't matter either. I think I've enjoyed all styles at one time or another.

To all the other musicians ( that play a stringed music instrument) - I envy you. I wish I had the time and money to buy and spend time learning how to play them...and with that I guess I won't know who to mention since I don't anyone here that does either, unless they have fooled me with their digital abilities.

To all the engineers that don't play a stringed instrument or drums/percussion and seem to really offer nothing but opinions about every little thing and want everybody to know they do- have a long life and prosper.
If that sounds bad...sorry, but I've never met one fitting that definition that I could stand to listen to for over two minutes after I realized they were just knob jobs. ( and yes I do think many that post here fit in that category because they don't post any of their attempts...they only talk the talk and not walk the walk...so it's them causing me to think that of them....but that's not to say I might enjoy shooting a game of pool and drinking a beer or two with them...IF they don't talk about music or their opinions about what's the best gear to use.

I think it's ironic that you create and make a living off of pissing customers off and leave them with no worries of accountability and taking their money with no guarantees...while needing "agreements" that require lawyers to understand...maybe some lawyers can anyway. That put's you in the same class as government employees which is ironic...we're not suppose to even talk about that. When it's time after milking a feature...you or Microcrap apples will change everything...or an "update" for another fee...just a new tit for yourselves. (right next to lawyers if ya noticed)

To all drummers and percussionist- I think you should all be beautiful women. I love to watch beautiful women shake that thing...If you're not a beautiful woman I think we'll be talking, drinking and shooting pool...just kiddin'...
I just really don't know anything much about drums but realize if you don't distract me from the groove...you're pretty good....so let's shoot a game of pool and chase some pretty girls around and you can talk about the drums with the bassist.

That's really all I have to say so spending time and money to visit..?..I guess I have to say it's just not a good idea to me. Sorry, nothing personal and I don't have a pool table, damn it. Well....now ya got me thinking about building a game room Kenny...my wife really,really likes ya LOL...and my coffee got cold typing this crap.

Right on spacey  I dug your post ….
Yeah , I wish I could have people over more often ….
I got to laugh man , every time I look at the decor of my pad ...like when I post a u tube video for example ….
it' looks like I'm playing  my guitar live in my moms basement apartment  
god rest her soul she passed on a long time ago …it's just I live pretty spartan 
I'm happy your wife gets a giggle out of what ever it is she like about me …thanks for sharing that ...

Kenny 

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

spacey
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/07 22:06:33 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz

Right on spacey  I dug your post ….
Yeah , I wish I could have people over more often ….
I got to laugh man , every time I look at the decor of my pad ...like when I post a u tube video for example ….
it' looks like I'm playing  my guitar live in my moms basement apartment  
god rest her soul she passed on a long time ago …it's just I live pretty spartan 
I'm happy your wife gets a giggle out of what ever it is she like about me …thanks for sharing that ...

Kenny 

Mine did too Kenny...but I'm sure you're like every son -miss and think of her everyday.
I can say that I couldn't tell you the first thing about the rooms you recorded in...your talent had my attention.

I'm not sure why my wife even likes me so I sure don't question her reasoning about much of anything...so we're in the same boat with that one and if she's smiling, I am too.

Well if I did get in a jam with folks I'd only be good for three days. If I've learned anything in 59 yrs it's that company is like underwear...after three days it's ready for a change  Maybe shorter if they're musicians

Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 13:22:51 (permalink)
spacey
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I'll try...

I don't play a stringed instrument (unless you count piano as a stringed instrument, but I don't really play piano, either), but I play keyboards and I sing.

I would like to hang out with you.  I would love to talk to you about your guitar builds, I think they're fascinating!  it takes a special skill to make love to the wood like you do! 

and I'd love to hear you play - anything - and would love to play with you if you'd like - but my skill level is probably far lower than yours.

and we could hang out and watch pretty women...not much left in these bones for chasin' them, but I can certainly appreciate them!

-----------------------

there are few people I talk to on this forum that I wouldn't like to spend a little time with in person.  even Robby.  we've had our differences of opinions on more than one occassion, but I'd still like to meet him.

I missed bitflipper because of some bad fish or something.  I was in seattle several times and he invited me up to a salmon BBQ, but at the last minute my stomach was upset and I didn't make it.

I also missed Jan (Old55), but not from the lack of us both trying!  our schedules just simply did not work out when I was in San Diego.

I also missed Juliebee...we scheduled our vacations on the SAME WEEK!  so when I was in San Diego, she and her family were in Florida!!

I've met RobertB and his sweet wife (and they stayed with me for a few months while they looked for work and a place to live in Ft. Worth)

I've talked to Janet and Bapsi on the phone a few times.

but I'd love to meet more of you!  and I'd love to jam with you!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
spacey
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 16:17:27 (permalink)
Those are very kind words Reece and I'm not that far away. You are welcome anytime to visit me.
I'm game to jam or build guitars. Heck I'm even game to just talk about either.

"Jamming"....I think Kenny hit on a very important topic. One can learn stuff from jamming with other musicians that just can't be learned any other way. (although I can't personally name preferences so I'd jam with most anybody in the past....today?...limited hardware to use but ya, acoustic guitar would even be better than no jam.)

It makes me wonder how many of the younger players that have possibly spent their time with the digital capabilities and completely missed out on such an important thing. Oh well.
I think there are many old timers here that know the value...and not only the musical aspects of it.
Some of my most valued memories are of jams through the years. I traveled over 2 thousand miles not long ago to go to a jam session for a 60th birthday party of a picker I jammed with for years. Can't beat times like that. Glad I know the value of both and made the trip.
chulaivet1966
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 384
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 17:39:04 (permalink)
Interesting thread.

Admittedly, I'm not a big thread starter but have lurked daily for a loooong time:
There's a boatload of of familiar old-timers here (probably even some from the Pleistocene newsgroup days) that I would certainly enjoy having a few good beers and break some bread with.
Now, if that occurred at some large venue and watching some jamming by said participants that would really make it a stellar, unforgettable event.
I think it would be the most enjoyable yak/jam fest ever.

Carry on....
post edited by Quazelar - 2014/09/08 18:21:08

www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
Thank you for listening....
Military experience in case I'm not alone: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=78446
Semper Fi - USMC 1965-1969 RVN
My respect to all that have served honorably.
bapu
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 18:18:48 (permalink)
Not to be a downer but I've detested jamming for over 20 years now.

I detest practicing to learn songs as a band about as much as jamming.

I'd much rather talk with the people I meet.

I'll get me coat.
craigb
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 18:59:04 (permalink)
bapu
Not to be a downer but I've detested jamming for over 20 years now.

I detest practicing to learn songs as a band about as much as jamming.

I'd much rather talk with the people I meet.

I'll get me coat.

Unless everyone agrees to stay in Am, ya? 

Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 19:40:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2014/09/08 20:20:01
craigb

Unless everyone agrees to stay in Am, ya? 

I like it. No Ambiguity.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 20:53:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2014/09/08 21:43:20
bapu
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I could NEVER be a Jaco or Stanley.

Love those guys and they are an inspiration along with Mr's Chris Squire, Jack Bruce and The Ox.

So I do the best I can to be me and add what little of those hero's skills I can cop.

Love you too Kenny.

bapu, 
you don't have to be Jaco or Stanley …i was only kidding around …just be your self that's good enough for me

Kenny 

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 21:41:53 (permalink)
bitflipper

Hey Dave , someday man ..I do hope to get hang with you  you know I can only put it out there ...

I have mixed feelings about Vancouver …
I'm living in a somewhat seedy apt complex …some of the issues that I have to deal with on a day to day  
I'm not cool with …been there and done that before I got clean in 83  …...so let me just leave it at that  

I do like the area a lot …overall it has a nice blend of the wide open out doors mixed in with a smaller town feel ..
there's a couple of very nice music stores in Vancouver , also G C recently opened up a store in Jantzen Beach OR ...
thats about a 10 min drive from where I live ..
the nice thing about that is I don't have to buy online with Musicians Friend unless I want to …
it's much easier for me to get the M F price and get GC to price match it and then buy it right on the spot ….
that comes in very handy when I actually have money  the rest of the time it's just a nice thought 

nice little music scene …it's kinda locked down …
I was playing out 2 to 4 times a week up until about 2 years ago , nothing great ,
just a couple of different musical situations in bars …
one was a house band gig for a thursday nite jam and the other was with a local musician who had a steady 3 night gig ….
I would do one night as a regular w him and sit in  on one of the weekend gigs for a set or two…
anyway I got tired of the whole lack of a "real scene" ,  the money was never right so I went my own way 

after sorting out a few glitches in my W 8 rig via the X forum I'm hoping to catch up and get up to speed w X3 ...
anyway Dave , I thought I would rap here with you and let you know I wanted to get back to you in this thread 

have a good one , 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

craigb
Re: Who are some of the people here you would like to hang out with... what would you do ? 2014/09/08 21:53:52 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
... also G C recently opened up a store in Jantzen Beach OR ...

What!!?  When did that happen?  What store did they take over (the old Office Depot?), or are they in a new one?  I know there's been a lot of construction going on there.

I used to live in one of those tri-plexes right across the street from Beaches and McMenamin's that you can see as you cross the I5 bridge into Vancouver.  Then they went condo on me and wanted $375k if I wanted to keep my "apartment" - I obviously said "NO WAY!"  They said I could stay until my unit sold and, naturally, mine was the FIRST to go (hey, I had the best view, what can I say?).  I miss being able to just walk across the street to those places though...

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1