Helpful ReplyWho switched to Windows Ten

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Blades
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3246
Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/07/31 22:33:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby fireberd 2015/08/01 09:48:47
Ok - good news here, at least with a preliminary test.  I got the PCR-800 working connected to my Surface Pro 3.
Before, when I'd plug in the USB cable, the display would come on, stay lit for about 5-10 seconds, go dim, then turn off.  Install would not proceed to see the device plugged in, and then could not do anything with it because it wouldn't even power on.

So I used the above-linked advice and it's all seemingly working.
Now I have the driver installed successfully, and when running a cheap free midi sequencer I found (not installing Sonar on the Surface), it recorded and played back the recorded midi.  I can only make assumptions about anything more than that, but I'm guessing it's good to go.

So, here is what I had to do to make it work: (disclaimer: do at your own risk - might not work, might blow up your system, could prevent you from making a living, might even turn your tongue green for all I know)...

Download and extract the drivers from the Rolnd site - I used the 8.0/8.1 set for the PCR-800
Go to the \files\64bit\files\rdif1027.inf file and edit it (assuming 64 bit - I imagine the 32 would be the same process)
At the [Manufacturer] line, change the next line to read:
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.10

At the [Roland.NTamd64.6.2] - change this to read:
[Roland.NTamd64.10]

Save this file

Now, go to Start and type Change Advanced startup options and run that selection
Under the Advanced Startup section, click Restart Now
When you get the "Choose an Option" Screen, select Troiubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings
Click Restart
You will get a menu of items to choose from - select the option "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now, in my case, I went back to the INF file, right clicked it and chose install.  It didn't work first time for me because I hadn't made one of those text file edits, but after I did, I went to the Device Manager, saw the PCR device in Other devices with a (!), so I selected Update Driver, browsed back to the INF folder and I was presented with the "Do you really want to install this driver" screen, to which I said yes.

Driver was then successfully installed.

Now - to get the guts to do this to my music PC!  Not tonight, but maybe this weekend.  I will update back here with my success or failure :)

Thanks for any help from the folks who have provided it - especially that last one from MackTheKnight

Blades
www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
MackTheKnight
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 08:19:36 (permalink)
Awesome, Blades!  Glad this worked for you. :)
Billy Buck
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2101
Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 09:46:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MackTheKnight 2015/08/01 10:38:17
I took the plunge and Wednesday evening (29th) upgraded my Win 8.1 Pro x64 DAW OS to Win 10 Pro x64. Overall it went well, I had to spend many hours tracking down why my LAN no longer worked. I needed to re-install drivers for a number of my DAW accessories (Frontier TranzPort, Roland UM-1S Midi Interface) which no longer worked after the upgrade. But, I am confident that as far as my installed apps/devices, I am now in at least as good a place, as I was with v8.1. Even my iLok 2 went through the upgrade unscathed, as my iLok protected plug-ins still work as before. It seems I am able to play back projects at a notch lower ASIO buffer size latency without crackling in the audio. My Apollo QUAD, (2) UAD-2 PCIe cards and UAD plug-ins are working fine with no errors or driver issues. As I was checking out the Win 10 TB settings, I saw an entry for a Thunderbolt Certified Device for PC and I nearly fell on the floor! So I plugged my Apollo Twin directly into one of my two TB 2.0 ports on my PC DAW MB and also daisy chained off of my Apollo Quad TB card and both times when I turned my Twin on it was recognized as a Win Certified TB device and was successfully connected for use. Not expecting that it would, I did check to see if it would work with my existing Apollo Console 1.0. No go of course, being that the Apollo Twin never ran on the PC before (no software/driver support) and needs "PCIe" audio drivers (like on Mac) to work I was not expecting it to. But, it seems we are real close to getting the Apollo's running under TB on PC's. I think the next milestone will be when UA releases the Apollo Console 2.0 PC update, PCIe audio drivers and MS "officially" updates Win 10 for TB support. The ground work has been set and I am expecting this all to culminate in the months ahead. Woohoo!

This is nothing scientific mind you, but I 've noticed projects in Splat that would playback fine @ 64 ASIO samples, but crackle @ 32 samples using Win 8.1 are now crackle free @ 32 samples using Win 10. I noticed the same thing in REAPER. It seems whatever under the hood audio improvements MS did to Win 10 has made a tangible low latency difference. It is like I can get a notch lower buffer setting crackle free now. I would never be able to play a project (many audio tracks/plug-ins) crackle free in Splat @ 32 samples using my Apollo Quad's FW audio drivers. But amazingly, now I can! I can only imagine how much better the low latency performance will be once UA releases actual PCIe audio drivers for Win 10 & TB.

I am glad I made the upgrade. Kudos to Cake for being the first major developer to offer a certified & supported Win 10 compatible DAW too! Win 10 seems snappier with noticeable improved latency performance. In addition, I am all set to jump on the certified and supported Win 10 Thunderbolt goodness when it "officially" arrives in the months ahead. From the looks of it, Apollo TB support is already in the pipeline and MS Win 10 approved and certified!

Cheers,

Billy Buck

post edited by Billy Buck - 2015/08/01 10:29:32

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 10:01:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MackTheKnight 2015/08/01 10:38:11
Thanks, Blades.  That worked for my PCR500 and also worked for my Roland Studio-Capture (used the 8.1 drivers for the Studio Capture and made the same changes).   All I had to do for both the PCR-500 and Studio-Capture was to connect them to the PC, then go to the Device Manager and the device is shown with an error.  Click to update the driver and point the update to the 64 bit folder with the .inf file. 

Also, here is a simpler way to disable/re-enable the Driver Signature function.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Open a Command Prompt with admin privileges. In Windows 10 or 8, just press the Windows key + X and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
  1. Type in the following command and press Enter.
    bcdedit /set testsigning on
You should receive “The operation completed successfully” message.
Restart the PC and after Win 10 starts do the driver install.
  • Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.  You will be able to install or run any unsigned driver without problems.
    To re-enable the Driver Signature Enforcement again, run this command with the Command Prompt with the admin privileges. 
     bcdedit /set testsigning off

Then restart the PC.

• "GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    Blades
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 10:16:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MackTheKnight 2015/08/01 10:38:02
    In the vein of what Billy Buck is reporting - performance improvements.  This is not related to Sonar, but an indicator of more under-the-hood stuff.  On my Surface Pro 3, the WiFi drivers have always been a problem.  It's a pretty well-known fact that the Wifi on these is slower than it should be, specifically when using certain routers in certain modes.  For me, that was a 802.11g router at 2.4ghz.  The best I could ever get on this machine was about 17mbps when I have 100mbps Comcast service, that tests as such on the wired side.  I didn't have the extra cash around to spring for a new wireless router with dual-band and really didn't need it for what I do most on this laptop when here at the house.

I had a spare router at the office that was newer and suppose 802.11n, but still only at 2.4ghz.  Since the issues that have been reported have more to do with 2.4 vs 5, I didn't expect much, but I brought it home last week and got connected.  Under Win8.1, my speeds went from the terrible 15mbps to around 45mbps.  This is a huge improvement, and a noticeable one.

Fast forward to a few days ago - I've updated the Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10.  Same router, same test, now I'm consistently getting about 80mbps.  I'd say something changed, wouldn't you?

For all the MS haters out there, being an MCSE, and an IT professional running my own support business, I hear complaints all day every day about this or that, how bad Windows 8 was, etc.  So far, my own experiences and those I've heard out in the field have been almost all good.  For once, maybe MS got this thing right :)

Blades
    Sycraft
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 871
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 15:34:16 (permalink)
    Just FYI with wireless 17mbps is right in line with what you'd expect from 802.11g. Wireless data rates are different than wired data rates when it comes to the stated rate of the format. With wired, it is basically what you get. If you have 1000mbps wired then that is what it links at and once you take out the overhead for Ethernet and TCP, you get all of that in throughput. Not so for wireless. The rate claimed is the maximum, raw rate, but actual throughput is way less. For one you can connect at a lesser actual data rate. G is 54mbps, but can connect as slow as 1mbps if conditions are bad. Even if things are idea and you are at 54mbps, actual throughput is less than half that just because of how it works. So 20ish mbps is about the max you can ever expect to see out of 802.11g.
    Sidroe
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1954
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 22:21:30 (permalink)
    Fireberd, could you please give me exact steps on how you got your Studio-Capture up and running. I am running 2 SCs in sync mode and I need to get up and running ASAP! I have not been able to locate an inf file anywhere. I would surely appreciate any help.

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
    Sidroe
    • Total Posts : 1954
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 22:55:56 (permalink)
    I found the inf file now. My question is can I just hack the installed driver or should I just uninstall the old driver before I jump to Windows 10 and use the hacked re-install version after I have 10 up and running? I'm thinking on just sticking with 8.1 until Roland rolls out the new drivers but I saw where someone was complaining that their Quad Capture was so crackly with the new drivers that they couldn't work with it and finally ended up rolling back to 7.

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
    Doktor Avalanche
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4294
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/01 23:11:07 (permalink)
    If you don't have supported drivers wait. Do not update to Windows 10, unless you enjoy work for no reason.

Ta.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
    TerraSin
    • Total Posts : 1975
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/02 11:42:15 (permalink)
    Switched my personal computer but I'm waiting on my studio for Roland to make an official driver for my VS-700. If they don't do it in a week I'll do the walk around. Really liking Win10 now though. Been working very well. :)
    Blades
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/02 14:52:37 (permalink)
    Hey Sycraft: yes, I know that there are 802.11g restrictions/expectations, but I was getting 15mbps at MOST - more typical at somewhere around 12mbps.  The actual limit is somewhere between 20-25mbps (rather than the "advertised" 54mbps).  That said, there was still a pretty big change between Win8 and Win10 using the same new router - from 48mbps max to about 80mbps.

Now, I've updated my main music machine and updated the drivers to the PCR-800, which is working exactly as it did under Win8 and Sonar X3.  Very excited to be able to still be able to use my old keyboard and still update to Win10.

So I have to wonder: aside from the removal of the restrictions about what version f the OS would be required and the subsequent restrictions about the associated signing and whatnot, I have to wonder what real differences there are between the Windows 8 and Windows 10 drivers for a device like this one.  It's not exactly a video card or something.

Considering how many of the devices on my system that work just fine with their old drivers and no changes or installations required, I have to believe that most of the driver level things are designed to port into Windows 10.

Is Roland/Edirol not updating the drivers for these because it would take a few minutes time and effort to update them or because they want to sell some of the newer model?  Seems a bit of a cop-out to post that they are not going to update such a driver when it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to update.

Blades
    Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/02 17:03:04 (permalink)
    Blades
    Is Roland/Edirol not updating the drivers for these because it would take a few minutes time and effort to update them or because they want to sell some of the newer model?  Seems a bit of a cop-out to post that they are not going to update such a driver when it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to update.

After I updated to Win 10, my Edirol (Roland) UM-1S USB MIDI Interface was no longer working. Neither the current Win 8 x64 or previous Win 7 x64 driver installers would work. I thought I was hosed, but I went back to the very first 64bit driver release (Vista x64 of all things) and it worked. So not cool that Roland is not updating the installers to work on Win 10, but cool that they still make all of the older drivers available and I found one that worked. No need to buy another MIDI I/O after all.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/02 17:45:21 (permalink)
    Seeing how Roland wrote their drivers, and how it easy it was to hack them for Win 10, it really wouldn't take much to update discontinued devices such as the PCR MIDI Keyboards.  Its obvious they want you to buy a new device.   The drivers for both the PCR and the Studio-Capture are the same for each OS, and the different OS drivers are just coded with the OS Version (e.g. Win 7) which makes them OS specific.  

What surprised me is the "flagship" (Roland's designation) recording interface unit, Studio-Capture was not updated first.  They did update the older Octa-Capture and other "Capture" devices, and made them "Plug and Play", but not their top end Studio-Capture unit.
    As I reported, I was able to hack the Studio-Capture Win 8.1 drivers just like the PCR drivers and its working OK in Win 10.

Next time I buy any new hardware, I'll have to think long and hard about Roland. 

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    S.L.I.P.
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 949
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/02 19:49:24 (permalink)
    Hot Damn! I love you guys! Blades...genius!!! I can't thank you enough. PCR 800 is working! and fireberd, thanks for the command prompt info. I've bought a lot of Roland gear in my time, but the fact that couldn't spend five minutes to do what Blades came up with will make me never want to purchase anything from them again
    Blades
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/03 20:25:41 (permalink)
    Thanks S.L.I.P - just a note: it's not like I came up with all of this.  You can find most of it in a lot of different places on the net for different operating systems and devices.  What I did was compile what I found and post it specifically about a certain product line.

I'm glad you found my post useful and appreciate you pointing out your appreciation!  But there are a lot of people around here at least partially responsible for me being able to put together that little tutorial on the process.

Glad it helped you and hope it helps others to save money on things that don't actually matter.  I believe that there is sometimes a good reason to do hardware upgrades, but this seems like it's really on the brink of just stealing from people, in my opinion!

Blades
    BassDaddy
    Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4232
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/04 10:50:55 (permalink)
    Thank you wonderful Cakewalk Forum Humanoids! I am looking forward to getting my PCR500 working. This will save me and a bunch of other hundreds of dollars. Special thanks to Sidrow for PM'ing me. I might not have seen it otherwise.  Thanks Blades and Fireberd for detailed but easy to follow instructions. Hot Dog! And to everyone else with follow-up and added insights. 

It's Bass, not Bass.
    i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
    Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
    DuckRumble
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/06 15:00:26 (permalink)
    I did and Sonar 6 that had worked with Creative's Fatali1y X-fi card for many years suddenly had issues. I got M-Audio's M-Track interface and the very inexpensive, Win 10 friendly, Sonar Artist which has largely resolved change-over issues. MIDI is proving impossible to use in my particular set-up so far but my audio latency is 3.3 ms with ASIO which I like to see. It might be fine for you. Why not upgrade, see if it breaks your recording setup, and roll back if you find it has?
    Elffin
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1196
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/06 16:31:43 (permalink)
    Onlynproblem I had was the ilok program.

Easy fix though. go to services and change 'Pace' to running.

Also change startup to delayed startup.

works!
    cecelius2
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1494
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/08 17:18:32 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for the info on PCR800.  I have not upgraded to Win10, but at least I know that it is possible to use my PCR800 when I do.  Really helpful thread!!

DPete
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/09 23:07:49 (permalink)
    Another PCR-800 user up and running in Win 10. Thanks Blades and fireberd. Your posts were just what I needed! All drivers are now functioning properly.
    I was planning a trip to GC to look at new keyboard controllers, along with spending hours on internet reviews. The GAS has now passed. Instead I was able to spend most of the weekend making music! SPlat has been rock solid in Win 10.

DPete

Sonar Platinum / Win10 Pro / RME Fireface UFX / RME Octamic II / Focal CMS65 / PCR-800 / ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 / Intel Core i7-4790 / 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
    soundtweaker
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1036
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/10 00:40:26 (permalink)
    fireberd
    Also, here is a simpler way to disable/re-enable the Driver Signature function.
    Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Open a Command Prompt with admin privileges. In Windows 10 or 8, just press the Windows key + X and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    1. Type in the following command and press Enter.
      bcdedit /set testsigning on
    You should receive “The operation completed successfully” message.Restart the PC and after Win 10 starts do the driver install.
    • Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.  You will be able to install or run any unsigned driver without problems.To re-enable the Driver Signature Enforcement again, run this command with the Command Prompt with the admin privileges.   bcdedit /set testsigning off
      Then restart the PC. 

• I got an error doing it this way because I have Secureboot enabled in my UEFI. The original way did work for me and my PCR-800 installed fine.
    synkrotron
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5263
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/13 23:32:20 (permalink)
    I've had a good read about getting the Edirol PCR keyboard controllers working in Windows 10 and so far I have had no such luck...

I may have made the mistake of uninstalling the driver, and now it won't let me reinstall it.

Stumped...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
    Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/14 01:32:43 (permalink)
    Three of four are done.

Th e DAW is scheduled to be done this weekend.
    Doktor Avalanche
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/14 19:53:02 (permalink)
    All of the above and the dog :)
    Besides I'm running Windows 10 everywhere now apart from my DAW as tests concluded that the Saffire Pro would not work due to a known issue with VIA chipsets Focusrite knows about. Even if I wanted to I could not.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
    Doktor Avalanche
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/14 20:09:57 (permalink)
    Oh good lord I'm responding to something I already responded to...
    Time for beer..

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/14 21:12:20 (permalink)
    Bapu, please let me know how your RME handles opening multiple projects and switching between them.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    JeromeBertrem07
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/08/31 12:40:16 (permalink)
    Hi all

First thank you Blades and fireberd for figuring out how to solve the issue. But somehow the suggested steps don't work for me..

When I plug it in, the display counts up until +- 64 and is lit for a few seconds. After that the PCR seems to be turned off. I followed every step as suggested in this forum and I've even tried it to install the driver twice. In device manager the driver is noted with a (!). So I right click and point "update driver..." but when selecting the folder containing the INF-file it have an error message saying that it was unable to install the driver properly.

Now what? Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas? It's sad to see my PCR 500 being kicked out of order by windows 10...

Thanks in advance
    Blades
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/09/06 17:27:55 (permalink)
    Sounds like you might have something not quite right in the edit of the driver inf file, if I had to guess.

Blades
    jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/09/06 18:25:22 (permalink)
    I was away for three days and shut my computer down. When I got back and started it up I finaly had to do a hard reboot, it seemed to be stuck in a loop. Then I got to the screen just before the desktop and had to reboot again. I finally got it up and running but it took a good 20 minutes. I hope this does not become a regular problem.
    THIS is what worries me when I consider upgrading my DAW to 10. If it is offline for a week or two... what is going to happen when I go online?? Is MS update going to take over and make me wait an hour before things are running right? This concerns me... any thoughts on this?

J

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    Doktor Avalanche
    Re: Who switched to Windows Ten 2015/09/06 19:30:35 (permalink)
    jbow
    I was away for three days and shut my computer down. When I got back and started it up I finaly had to do a hard reboot, it seemed to be stuck in a loop. Then I got to the screen just before the desktop and had to reboot again. I finally got it up and running but it took a good 20 minutes. I hope this does not become a regular problem.
    THIS is what worries me when I consider upgrading my DAW to 10. If it is offline for a week or two... what is going to happen when I go online?? Is MS update going to take over and make me wait an hour before things are running right? This concerns me... any thoughts on this?

J

Probably this, it should have fixed itself:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2421595/windows-10-cluster-update-puts-some-users-into-a-reboot-loop

It's a good sign in my view it was able to autorecover itself.
    It is supposed to run in the background and you will never know it is there.
    I hope you have "defer updates" ticked.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1