AnsweredWhy Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:46:39 (permalink)
Potential reasons:

It's still in the oven baking.

It was burned and they needed to bake another batch. 

It isn't in the oven yet, but close

They decided not to bake it.

I understand your apprehension. This too shall pass.

Hang in there.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:59:35 (permalink)
fwiw, according to seth, on steam about two weeks ago, it's still in development

however, to make the offer, then remove all info about that and not respond to enquiries comes across as "bait and switch" - hello marketing? product manager? anyone at cakewalk?

just a sec

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 16:33:30 (permalink)
pwalpwal
however, to make the offer, then remove all info about that and not respond to enquiries comes across as "bait and switch" - hello marketing? product manager? anyone at cakewalk?

1) There was no OFFER. There was an information they are developing it and have plans to make some alpha last year. Obviously plans was changed. The information was significant, since previously there was public statements Sonar will never work on Mac.

2) Any public statement now, except "It will be available next week" (what they probably can not do) or "We have abandoned the idea" will trigger even more questions, rumors and complains. Even simple "Still in development..." will be immediately attacked with "Why it was delayed? What is the time plan? etc.

3) There are many users which do not care about Mac version... I even guess most of the users. There was no drastic changes in Sonar recently, many good bug-fixes and some workflow tuning. But nothing really "big". If there will be a statement "we are targeting our resources toward Mac development", while several people may feel themselves better, all other will "explode" (for wasting the money in something they do not want, do not need and will never use...).

So, my opinion is that current silence is the best approach from the marketing and product management perspective

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 16:49:54 (permalink)
1) well, i interpreted http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx?tree=true as an offer of sorts - get a license, mac alpha for you
2) communications is an important part of marketing a product - which company wouldn't expect to be asked about their offerings? that's a good thing surely?
3) er?

/oao

just a sec

mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 16:50:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/03/08 17:09:15
As some people paid money with the expectation of the alpha version is where contention has always lied. People don't go ape over Ripple Delete because it wasn't a "hey pay us and you will get that benefit."

There is a subset of people who bought into lifetime upgrades only for the Mac alpha. Those people paid money without delivery of product. The wishy washy wording of that can be dealt with at a higher level, but the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) specifically has a complaint vehicle for this behavior from companies as consumer protection. Anyone can file those, and they get investigated with enough information given.

Therein lies non-communication being bad. Payment (specifically) for expected product not received falls into levels of fraud. First point is getting money back, so if anyone falls into that category above, check out FTC.gov/complaint

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
rscain
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 784
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 16:51:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/03/08 17:08:47
---->Yawn<-----

My Tunes On SoundClick  

AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 240 gb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Sonar Platinum 64 bit, Studio One 4 Pro, Harrison Mixbus, Izotope Neutron 2 Advanced and Ozone 8 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch, guitars and stuff 
AdamGrossmanLG
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1436
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 17:19:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gunboatdiplomacy 2017/03/10 01:57:19
reza
Guys, 
On the basis that Cakewalk has chosen silence, I would like someone who is in charge respond to my question. I know there are lots of rumors about Mac version but as a loyal customer, it is our right to know what's going on. No one from Bakery has not explained since they took the advertise out from the website.  The advertise about Mac version and lifetime update tempted most of us to pay money and use this chance to have the free version in the feature before its gone. 
I respect to all points of view but this time I really want someone who is in charge responds this thread.

actually, it is NOT our RIGHT to know.... 
AdamGrossmanLG
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1436
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 17:23:09 (permalink)
chuckebaby
when it was first announced, there was no mention of a MAC version.
Im sure you all remember the buzz it created when they said "There is a major announcement".
Sonar Lifetime updates. MAC wasn't even mentioned until about a month later.

I understand the need for answers but I find pushing on these issues tend to rub the company the wrong way.
For example has anyone seen the "New features coming" on the cakewalk products page ?
Its the same old "Ripple editing" and "Comping features" that has been there since November/December.

Cakewalk is probably asking themselves "Is it really a good idea to let users know of our future plans when all they do is hold it against us in the form of accountability" ?

So while I do agree with most of what everyone here is saying, IMO I believe we sunk our own ships.
We wont be hearing about future updates anymore. We will simply get them when they are released.
Which is a shame really because I think Cakewalk was throwing out new ideas to gauge how users would respond. But instead of responding we pretty much used it as a leverage tool for "Where's our stuff".
Im not talking about just the MAC version either, im taking about new features as well like Ripple editing, comping enhancements, exc.

What cakewalk promised was an Alpha version. That is not something anyone can do serious work on.
That is a version that developers generally test the software using white-box techniques.
Also noted in the announcement was the Alpha version can’t run AU plug-ins, or talk to custom interface drivers only Core Audio devices will work.

agree 100%.   I appreciate the "in the oven" updates, and would hate to see them go away because of the unreasonable expectations and demands... but yes, the ship has been sunk.
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 18:39:36 (permalink)
mettelus
As some people paid money with the expectation of the alpha version is where contention has always lied. People don't go ape over Ripple Delete because it wasn't a "hey pay us and you will get that benefit."

I doubt anyone paid with the expectation of getting the alpha version for free. The clear expectation is that there will eventually be a finished (as much as SONAR ever is "finished" under the new regime) release version forthcoming which will be free to SONAR for life members. That expectation is likely to be satisfied, so long as the member survives long enough.

Presumably the lifetime update offer generated a significant bump in cash flow (it certainly seems to have generated a significant demand for support), and one can speculate that it was linked to the MacOS announcement in order to bring in buyers who want a MacOS version. If this additional revenue is in fact being used to cover the added expense of porting to MacOS, it could be that those purchasers would have been better advised that this was a pre-order of the Mac version. A Kickstarter campaign would likely not have had the same popularity. 
azslow3
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 20:10:21 (permalink)
pwalpwal
1) well, i interpreted http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx?tree=true as an offer of sorts - get a license, mac alpha for you

verbatim:

I own SONAR Platinum, Professional, or Artist today. If and when SONAR becomes commercially available on OS X, will I need to purchase a new license?
No. You will be provided a new installer for your license of SONAR Artist, Professional, or Platinum. You do not need to purchase a new license.

I think that is hard to interpret differently, at least for Lifetime users. If and when it is available, you do not have to pay extra. No more. No less.

Has someone seen any Cakewalk schedule for commercial version of Sonar for Mac? I do not.

If someone has payed money for an Alpha (== crashing, features incomplete) version which is "coming soon...". Sorry people. But you have already allowed all hardware developers feel free to sell products with Beta drivers... Now you are ready to pay for not yet released Alpha product... Are you ready to pay for not yet written prototype of something next time? Industry applause! But complains should be directed toward the mirror...

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
coolbass
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 23:58:28 (permalink)
azslow3

So, my opinion is that current silence is the best approach from the marketing and product management perspective

Well, good for you, but their silence is losing them here  a customer to Reaper.
A short message that the port is taking them a bit longer, is the way to go.
What is the problem with informing your customers?
Leaving everyone in the dark makes no sense.
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 00:25:33 (permalink)
reza
The only thing we need just a simple update that says why they didn't release the alpha in fall. That's it. No further information. 

Not even a why. Just something that says the project is still in development and an updated schedule will be coming would be enough for me. The silence just leaves one to speculated that the whole project has been scrapped.

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 02:32:45 (permalink)
I think it's worth noting that no one has said that an alpha version will not be available. If that was the case, then it would indicate decisions had been made. Until then, I assume things are the same as before...an alpha version will be released. 

I agree it would be advisable to give some kind of update, even if it was just "the dog ate my homework." I think the most likely reason for the lack of a statement could be that various aspects of the whole thing are still up in the air. They already made a mistake by making a definitive statement, so I suspect they're waiting until they can make a definitive statement that won't come back to bite them.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 04:40:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2017/03/10 15:40:41
I for one didn't buy into lifetime updates to get a MAC sonar license but to have lifetime updates.
And I like em!
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 13:23:37 (permalink)
Anderton
I think it's worth noting that no one has said that an alpha version will not be available. 
This is true. But removing all mention from the website without any statement that the project is still active tends to send the message that the project no longer exists.

The best dating advice I ever heard was this: If its not a yes, its a no. When you ask someone for a date and the response is 'that's a great idea but I'm really swamped this week so I doubt I'll have time yada yada yada, we tend to remain hopeful and take that as a yes, just not this week. Its not a yes but... its a no. Don't ask again next week, cut your losses and move on because if its not a yes this week, its never going to be a yes. Period. Best dating advice ever.

Human nature being what it is, I find that same logic applies and is often true in many other areas. If it ain't a yes, its a no. And right now, according to what we know from the website, Sonar for Mac as future prospect is not a yes. If its still on, why not say so?

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 13:27:54 (permalink)
coolbass
azslow3

Leaving everyone in the dark makes no sense.

I don't believe everyone is in the dark.

For example, some users don't even care. (I am one of those people).
Im not waiting for an Alpha version to do any serious work on. Matter of fact, I would rather they either A- release a good working version or B- have others test the Alpha and then when I know its stable, I will put it on my MAC book.

Imagine if they released a half baked version ? 
Im only guessing here... but I think the response would be a lot worse than "Where's the Mac version" ?

For you guys who are waiting though, I hope you hear something soon.
I can understand your frustration (not all of it) but most of it. yes I can.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Afrodrum
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 559
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 13:59:03 (permalink)
They should at least cut the speculations about the Mac project being allegedly abandoned.

Windows 10/64, Intel i7 Xeon X6575 3,07GHz, 24Gb RAM, chipset: Intel X58 Express, Kingston SSD 240Gb,  Sonar Platinum , Edirol UA-25.  (Some extra VSTs: PSP almost all/  IK - AT4, ST3, / AAS - all/ TH3 full/ +10dB/ Melodyne Editor). EVE sc205 monitors, Defil Kosmos guitar, blue lava lamp, ashtray.  And there is some great music you may find at: https://soundcloud.com/pawel-jan-1

reza
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 20:02:29 (permalink)
mettelus

There is a subset of people who bought into lifetime upgrades only for the Mac alpha. Those people paid money without delivery of product. The wishy washy wording of that can be dealt with at a higher level, but the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) specifically has a complaint vehicle for this behavior from companies as consumer protection. Anyone can file those, and they get investigated with enough information given.

Therein lies non-communication being bad. Payment (specifically) for expected product not received falls into levels of fraud. First point is getting money back, so if anyone falls into that category above, check out FTC.gov/complaint

%100 agree.

Love is the secret key of Eternity of Humanity.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87, 25GB DDR 3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs),Sound Devices: Roland  V_STUDIO 700 SET
reza
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 20:23:47 (permalink)
By the way, If here is the peer to peer forum, and we shouldn't expect someone behalf of cakewalk respond, so there are lots of threads here that they simply responded and answered the question. 
Please don't try to convince the others by saying they want to keep secure their business so they won't spread information. If they didn't want to speak about it, they didn't even say anything about the alpha version. Or at least didn't say about the release time. They did because they wanted the others to know about it. So why the secrecy.
For sure they already calculated what they are doing before announcing.

Love is the secret key of Eternity of Humanity.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87, 25GB DDR 3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs),Sound Devices: Roland  V_STUDIO 700 SET
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 21:31:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby reza 2017/03/10 01:54:47
Their mistake was giving a timeline at all initially. If they had just said "we'll be developing an OSX Alpha" people wouldn't be as upset now. But them giving a timeline obligates them ethically to give an update when it has turned out so inaccurate. FWIW, I'm not interested in a Mac version except as a tool to help Cakewalk along, so I hope that if they do release it it's not an Alpha but kicks ass with full ARA, Mix Recall, the works. Show Logic it's a contender, it's already thrice the price.
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/09 23:29:16 (permalink)
Here's some speculation not based in any fact. Perhaps they are not merely porting it, but at the same time they are trying to get rid of those few code issues that show up in the PC version. IF they are fixing and porting then you could expect that it would take quite some time. Any improvements they make to the old code could then be folded back into the PC version. Pure speculation, but I like it. 

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 00:04:29 (permalink)
Image Line started on their Mac version long before Sonar and it's not finished.  Porting PC to Mac may be harder than anyone thought.  Windows and Mac are evolving systems.  While Windows has backwards compatibility maybe it is not so much for a Mac.  I still use M-Audio gear bought shortly after the turn of the century and they work. Mac user now have doorstops. (FW 410). 

I probably wouldn't want to use an app that hasn't matured on a platform.  If Logic were available to Windows I'd wait a long time before buying it.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 00:10:06 (permalink)
ampfixer
Here's some speculation not based in any fact. Perhaps they are not merely porting it, but at the same time they are trying to get rid of those few code issues that show up in the PC version. IF they are fixing and porting then you could expect that it would take quite some time. Any improvements they make to the old code could then be folded back into the PC version. Pure speculation, but I like it. 

that's a kin to something i have thought, that perhaps a side effect of doing a mac version would possibly aid some of the long standing issues and annoyances that people have in the pc version, big or small, and freshen things up a bit. sort of might fit in with the comment that one cakewalk dude made some time back about 'taking the knife' to sonars core. in my mind it's more than possible that the pc version of sonar could also benefit greatly from the development of a mac version. time will tell.
gunboatdiplomacy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 02:04:32 (permalink)
Pretty sure all those complaining about the possibility of fraud didn't read the ToC. 
I bet there isn't more than a handful of people who bought an entirely new license (ie not currently making music with sonar on Windows) just because of a promise of an alpha some time in the future. Most of the people complaining are just cranks who justify their existence insisting that a company to which they have no personal connection owes them something.
If I had my druthers I'd ban anybody who complains about this again. 

BRuys
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 192
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 02:29:08 (permalink)
gunboatdiplomacy
Pretty sure all those complaining about the possibility of fraud didn't read the ToC. 
I bet there isn't more than a handful of people who bought an entirely new license (ie not currently making music with sonar on Windows) just because of a promise of an alpha some time in the future. Most of the people complaining are just cranks who justify their existence insisting that a company to which they have no personal connection owes them something.

I'm not complaining, as I'm a Windows guy through and through, but am still very interested in this subject.  I don't doubt for a second that this would be a HUGE undertaking for CW.

I guess from my point of view, Mac support might be seen as necessary to gain industry credibility, as there are still some studios out there that would never let a PC darken their door (or should I say, darken their DAW) :)
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 03:08:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gunboatdiplomacy 2017/03/10 13:16:50
mettelus
Payment (specifically) for expected product not received falls into levels of fraud. First point is getting money back, so if anyone falls into that category above, check out FTC.gov/complaint

Anyone who bought SONAR based on a statement that an alpha version would be released "to test the waters" seriously needs to re-think how they purchase software.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
WDI
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2069
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 03:42:20 (permalink)
But wasn't the lifetime updates offer for a limited time?

Sonar 7 PE
Windows XP Pofessional (SP3)
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
RME Fireface 800
Edirol FA-66
CM Labs MotorMix

Old stuff: ARJO
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 07:21:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/03/10 07:35:03
Just saw this on the Facebook Cakewalk Users Group
Written by a Cakewalk employee but the details didn't copy over here, I guess because it's a closed group.

From Wednesday 8th March 2017.
"We've been slow to follow-up, but we'll have an update on that in the next several weeks."
In response to;
"Hey cakewalk, where can i get a mac version of Sonar?"

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 07:34:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paulo 2017/03/10 16:20:53
gunboatdiplomacy

username checks out

just a sec

azslow3
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/10 10:16:03 (permalink)
BRuys
I guess from my point of view, Mac support might be seen as necessary to gain industry credibility, as there are still some studios out there that would never let a PC darken their door (or should I say, darken their DAW) :)

An Apple computer is just normal PC, assembled by one particular company with name "Apple". From hardware point of view, it is not far away from Dell, Acer, StudioCat, etc... "Mac" vs "PC" as PPC vs Intel is in history. Intel won the battle. I got an impression OS X (10) distance to OS 9 is at least as big as PPC -> Intel / OS X -> Windows. I mean Windows XP -> Windows 10 was evaluational, OS 9 -> OS X was a revolution.

Apply has managed to develop and keep distinct OS. All other (Sun, Dec, IBM) either disappear or gave up. The trick was to concentrate on "front end" only (the graphic part) and take as much as possible from what exists and is proved by time (BSD). The marketing was good, they have "discovered" interesting tendency in the current world customers preferences: people are ready to pay a lot for an "exclusive quality" as long as they believe it can be called so; durability and backward compatibility have almost no weight;  it is simpler to explain people what they "should do" than try to find and apply what is the best for them. Awesome success story, at least so far...

I understand that as the result some people are attracted for life to the Apple brand. But that is the same as with Mercedes, Ford, Always +, etc. I mean the question is the Label, much less (if at all) in the content...

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1