AnsweredWhy Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website?

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
reza
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
2017/03/06 23:21:38 (permalink)

Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website?

Guys, 
On the basis that Cakewalk has chosen silence, I would like someone who is in charge respond to my question. I know there are lots of rumors about Mac version but as a loyal customer, it is our right to know what's going on. No one from Bakery has not explained since they took the advertise out from the website.  The advertise about Mac version and lifetime update tempted most of us to pay money and use this chance to have the free version in the feature before its gone. 
I respect to all points of view but this time I really want someone who is in charge responds this thread.

Love is the secret key of Eternity of Humanity.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87, 25GB DDR 3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs),Sound Devices: Roland  V_STUDIO 700 SET
LJB
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1502
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 07:02:58 (permalink)
As much as I am a die-hard Cakewalk Fanboy, I agree with you on this one. Cakewalk seriously seems to have dodged responsibility here. I even convinced some of my clients to invest in SPLAT based on the MacPromise (is that a new burger with no filling?..) :O)

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 18:32:04 (permalink)
I have zero interest in seeing SONAR ported to MacOS, but it surprises me that:
a) they would announce this plan so prominently if the product were not in active development
b) that any potential user in this day and age would invest in vaporware.

I expect we will eventually see such a product, but I am not clear when it was said that it will be free to Windows version subscribers.
Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 19:30:48 (permalink)
A Sonar OS X Alpha thread is 
still  pinned in the Sonar forum ,see :
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx

So it´s not complete removed from Cakewalk webside.

This and several hinds of the cakewalk team in the forum
(the last I noticed in dec 16 )
that big things are in development and are short before a release 
confirm imo that it´s not much time til an alpha release.

I think that it is not good that the bakers are announcing an alpha release
for the fall and still no  post about the  actual development state in the end of the wintertime.

This gives to much space for  speculations.

post edited by Pragi - 2017/03/07 20:06:42
reza
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 19:47:21 (permalink)
For whatever reason is, They should at least let us know whats going on.
It would be funny if no one in charge replays to this thread ...
I don't really care about alpha or beta version. I really want to know why bakery hasn't responded to any of the thread and questions that users asked. 
One topic regarding this question wouldn't bother Cakewalk to make all the respective clients happy. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs),Sound Devices: Roland  V_STUDIO 700 SET
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 20:51:09 (permalink)
The brutal truth is often better than a well intended lie. So much is saved in life by that simple approach.

I personally have no vested interest in this yet still find silence unnerving.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
promidi
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1220
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 21:12:07 (permalink)
slartabartfast
but I am not clear when it was said that it will be free to Windows version subscribers.

From the FAQ

"
I own SONAR Platinum, Professional, or Artist today. If and when SONAR becomes commercially available on OS X, will I need to purchase a new license?
No. You will be provided a new installer for your license of SONAR Artist, Professional, or Platinum. You do not need to purchase a new license.
"

Source:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx?tree=true

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
CPU: i5 4670. 
Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
: Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
Mack
  • Total Posts : 264
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 23:07:33 (permalink)
I must agree that it is time for Cakewalk to say something about this.

Sonar Platinum 
Cakewalk BandLab  
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10
Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, Instant Orchestra  
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid
Windows 10/64  Intel i7 CPU, 16G RAM
Dual Screen Monitors 
ADK Pro Audio built Computer
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 23:14:10 (permalink)
Maybe the more they played with it the more they thought the mac sucked - like my wife, who lusted over them until she got to work on enough of them to realize she didn't want one anymore - whew, that was a close one. Now she has a ASUS Zenbook that feels like an air book.

This post is true, but in jest. No reason to set me straight now.
jpetersen
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/07 23:52:41 (permalink)
DELETED with humble apologies.
It was late. The wordplay seemed funny at the time.
The inappropriate aspect only dawned on me later.
No more dumb jokes from me. Lesson learned.
post edited by jpetersen - 2017/03/08 12:32:47
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 00:54:08 (permalink)
Thems fightin' words Petersen.

Sorry, I got the joke!
post edited by ampfixer - 2017/03/08 17:05:24

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
reza
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 02:44:53 (permalink)
But I think that kind of advertisement was the best way to absorb and tempt the users to buy lifetime update. Other than why cakewalk advertised both mac version and lifetime update together? I personally was encouraged by that kind of advertising and convinced to pay for lifetime update and mac version.

35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 03:28:22 (permalink)
Porting an application with a huge code base like Sonar isn't a quick job. I suspect that's why Cakewalk haven't done it before now. They were obviously confident enough that they can do it (not just code, but infrastructure, marketing etc) that they announced they were doing it publically in the first place. However, it will be a huge undertaking that has to be done at the same time as doing the continued development and monthly updates for the windows version as well as plugins etc. So they announced an alpha version last fall, and you expect a beta or final release already? I agree that they could probably be more forthcoming with updates to their customers. On the other hand, they won't want to give too many details away their competitors, and going silent before big news or a release is a good way of surprising the market and getting bigger marketing impact. I don't agree they we are owed any information about it.
Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 07:13:13 (permalink)
35mm
Porting an application with a huge code base like Sonar isn't a quick job. I suspect that's why Cakewalk haven't done it before now. They were obviously confident enough that they can do it (not just code, but infrastructure, marketing etc) that they announced they were doing it publically in the first place. However, it will be a huge undertaking that has to be done at the same time as doing the continued development and monthly updates for the windows version as well as plugins etc. So they announced an alpha version last fall, and you expect a beta or final release already? I agree that they could probably be more forthcoming with updates to their customers. On the other hand, they won't want to give too many details away their competitors, and going silent before big news or a release is a good way of surprising the market and getting bigger marketing impact. I  

I agree that the bakers don´t have to inform us
about every single stage of the development of Sonar Os x.
But the bakers didn´t  announce an alpha version last fall,
it was announced last  summer for an alpha release in fall.

regards

reza
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 08:21:39 (permalink)
I don't think anybody expects Beta version. The only thing we need just a simple update that says why they didn't release the alpha in fall. That's it. No further information. 

slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 09:09:38 (permalink)
promidi
slartabartfast
but I am not clear when it was said that it will be free to Windows version subscribers.

From the FAQ

"
I own SONAR Platinum, Professional, or Artist today. If and when SONAR becomes commercially available on OS X, will I need to purchase a new license?
No. You will be provided a new installer for your license of SONAR Artist, Professional, or Platinum. You do not need to purchase a new license.
"

Source:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx?tree=true

promidi
slartabartfast

From the FAQ

"
"

Source:

So if I own a license to SONAR that I obtained as a result of paying for a 12 month membership that expired 18 months ago (a valid current license but no active membership) I will get an installer for the Mac OS version. I doubt that is the case, but that is what is being stated in that FAQ.
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 10:51:24 (permalink)
when it was first announced, there was no mention of a MAC version.
Im sure you all remember the buzz it created when they said "There is a major announcement".
Sonar Lifetime updates. MAC wasn't even mentioned until about a month later.

I understand the need for answers but I find pushing on these issues tend to rub the company the wrong way.
For example has anyone seen the "New features coming" on the cakewalk products page ?
Its the same old "Ripple editing" and "Comping features" that has been there since November/December.

Cakewalk is probably asking themselves "Is it really a good idea to let users know of our future plans when all they do is hold it against us in the form of accountability" ?

So while I do agree with most of what everyone here is saying, IMO I believe we sunk our own ships.
We wont be hearing about future updates anymore. We will simply get them when they are released.
Which is a shame really because I think Cakewalk was throwing out new ideas to gauge how users would respond. But instead of responding we pretty much used it as a leverage tool for "Where's our stuff".
Im not talking about just the MAC version either, im taking about new features as well like Ripple editing, comping enhancements, exc.

What cakewalk promised was an Alpha version. That is not something anyone can do serious work on.
That is a version that developers generally test the software using white-box techniques.
Also noted in the announcement was the Alpha version can’t run AU plug-ins, or talk to custom interface drivers only Core Audio devices will work.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 11:23:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2017/03/08 17:07:36
chuckebaby

Actually I thought they were all announced together. Sonar for Life, Sonar for you, and Sonar For Mac or some such hype. I remember not giving a damn about the mac version and thinking it was a good idea to announce them together to placate the long term windows Sonarites:)

Fwiw Someone from Cakewalk posted in a response on the facebook announcement of 2017-02 saying there was an announcement re the Mac version due 'in the coming weeks'.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
35mm
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 12:34:29 (permalink)
Pragi
35mm
Porting an application with a huge code base like Sonar isn't a quick job. I suspect that's why Cakewalk haven't done it before now. They were obviously confident enough that they can do it (not just code, but infrastructure, marketing etc) that they announced they were doing it publically in the first place. However, it will be a huge undertaking that has to be done at the same time as doing the continued development and monthly updates for the windows version as well as plugins etc. So they announced an alpha version last fall, and you expect a beta or final release already? I agree that they could probably be more forthcoming with updates to their customers. On the other hand, they won't want to give too many details away their competitors, and going silent before big news or a release is a good way of surprising the market and getting bigger marketing impact. I  

I agree that the bakers don´t have to inform us
about every single stage of the development of Sonar Os x.
But the bakers didn´t  announce an alpha version last fall,
it was announced last  summer for an alpha release in fall.

regards

And was it hailed as a public alpha? Alpha versions are normally the very first version which gets tested rigorously in-house by the developers and a select few. How do you know it wasn't released?
35mm
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 12:37:48 (permalink)
chuckebaby
Im sure you all remember the buzz it created when they said "There is a major announcement".
Sonar Lifetime updates. MAC wasn't even mentioned until about a month later.

I understand the need for answers but I find pushing on these issues tend to rub the company the wrong way.
For example has anyone seen the "New features coming" on the cakewalk products page ?
Its the same old "Ripple editing" and "Comping features" that has been there since November/December.

Cakewalk is probably asking themselves "Is it really a good idea to let users know of our future plans when all they do is hold it against us in the form of accountability" ?

So while I do agree with most of what everyone here is saying, IMO I believe we sunk our own ships.
We wont be hearing about future updates anymore. We will simply get them when they are released.
Which is a shame really because I think Cakewalk was throwing out new ideas to gauge how users would respond. But instead of responding we pretty much used it as a leverage tool for "Where's our stuff".
Im not talking about just the MAC version either, im taking about new features as well like Ripple editing, comping enhancements, exc.

What cakewalk promised was an Alpha version. That is not something anyone can do serious work on.
That is a version that developers generally test the software using white-box techniques.
Also noted in the announcement was the Alpha version can’t run AU plug-ins, or talk to custom interface drivers only Core Audio devices will work.

As far as upcoming features go, I suspect Cakewalk have realised that it's not too clever to be giving that information out where their competitors can see it! I think that's why the upcoming features are not getting updated.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 13:20:36 (permalink)

just a sec

LJB
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 14:25:14 (permalink)
The NUMBER ONE rule of Public Relations is "Never announce your intentions, ONLY announce your accomplishments." It boggles the mind that no one at Cakewalk knows that, or maybe they have just forgotten it? Either way, it is a lot of egg on the face that could have been in the oven.. by now.. so to speak...

--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 14:31:10 (permalink)
generating hype and anticipation ahead of something is quite common in marketing

just a sec

LJB
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 14:35:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/03/11 01:43:59
Only if you can back it up.

--------------------
Cakewalk

pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 14:38:32 (permalink)
well, there is that...

just a sec

coolbass
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 14:45:17 (permalink)
Cakewalk's continued silence on this subject is one the reasons I am learning Reaper.
This is not the right way to treat your customers.
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:22:52 (permalink)
pwalpwal
here's the hype from last summer http://www.soundonsound.com/news/free-sonar-os-x-alpha-coming-autumn

something strange with the published date of that article (it says: Published 1/6/16)

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:32:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby chuckebaby 2017/03/08 18:30:44
chuckebaby
pwalpwal
here's the hype from last summer http://www.soundonsound.com/news/free-sonar-os-x-alpha-coming-autumn

something strange with the published date of that article (it says: Published 1/6/16)

that'll be european for june 1st 2016 ;-)

just a sec

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:35:33 (permalink)
Who are you to make such a demand with the expectation of getting a response? This is a peer to peer forum. If you want an answer the better route might be to send a PM to Noel.

It should be obvious that the alpha version is not ready. Explaining why might be crossing the line of business confidentiality that Cakewalk doesn't want to do at this time. If they weren't going to go ahead with it they would have made an announcement about that for sure.

Cakewalk made it clear when they made the announcement that the Mac market was huge so I doubt they're just going to throw that potential out without giving it their best shot.

It will be ready when it's ready. Cakewalk is a company that makes and sells software but I don't think we are owed any explanation.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
pwalpwal
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/08 15:37:46 (permalink)
it's not clear who you are replying to, mike?

just a sec

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1