You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
LunaTech
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/25 19:00:13 (permalink)
Hello Azlow3,

Here is what I see. Yes the Cakewalk ACT/Generic Surface has me 85% percent of the way there but at times it is "glitchy". (Loss of function ... ie  shift arrow does not got to next set of banks) So here is what I would like:

General DAW Control:(Console Control)
- 16 Chanel faders of course mapped to the channels extended to 32 by the shift button
- 4 midi faders mapped to busses and extended to eight by the Shift button
- 12 rotaries for panning extended to 24 by the shift button
- 8 on/off buttons for mute or solo extended to 16 by the Shift Button
- Left arrow = one track left, right arrow = one track right. (shift here would mean next 8 left or right)
- Transport = MMC Transport
**Can the "inc" button be used as and extender for any of the above parameters even further than the shift button
ie ... if shift plus encoder = next specific set can inc button plus encoder equals the next?

Plugin Control:
- 4 midi sliders assignable to plug ins (to differentiate from Console Control maybe this is where "inc" button can be utilized)
- 12 midi rotaries assignable to plug ins (same as above)

Viability Statement (insert here).. Thanks

"Life could capture me with songs of innocence...
And enrapture me with pleasures galore...
Suddenly it could all quickly fade away...
But I'm not surprised any more...."

Sonar Platinum Pro- Win 10 64- I7 6800k - Asus - 32gb DDR4-SB ZX sound card (cd output to mixer)- Toshiba 960gb SSD (OS - Audio APPs)- 4TB Seagate (Storage/ App Content)- M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro - Akai MPD 232 - Zed R16 - PT 12 - A&H QU 24- Axiom 61 - XD 80usb

"When He is all you have, He is everything you need"
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/25 19:51:11 (permalink)
Can you help me not "shoot in the sky" with initial MIDI assignments? Attach ZED to AZ Plug-in (you can keep it attached to whatever plug-in you use at the same time, but do not forget to remove my plug-in after the test). Open plug-ins window and look at "Last MIDI Event" (topmost part). Press some button (better each type of buttons, so transport, shift, etc) and keeping it pressed remember what was there. Release the button and see if the information is changed (and how). What I want to test by that: (1) which MIDI channel is used (2) either all buttons send separate MIDI event when released and which one (Note On or Note Off, with which value).

And some questions about your proposal:
1) do you want Shift/Inc works like a Shift on computer or as CapsLock (in case it send release event, otherwise it can be CapsLock only). It is also possible to have both: in case some other control is touched when Shift is pressed, it will work as Shift, if it was pressed and released alone it can work as CapsLock
2) How to distribute encoders and buttons? There are 16+4 faders (strips) but only 12 encoders and 8 "Mute"s.
3) What you mean by shifting tracks? Moving "current" track or shift the controller block? I assume by "Shift"+Arrow you want do the same with buses.

I think that is sufficient for the first preset version.

Anything can be used for additional "mods" and the number of such mods is not limited. Even slider can be used as "X position switch", where X is from 2 up to 127 (but I do not thing more than 3-4 is practical). So, for example, in lowest part we have "Console Bank 1", before the middle "Console Bank 2" and in the upper part we have 2 banks of plug-in controls. Or "Inc"+"Mute Y" switch to "Bank Y" (but that combination looks good for Solo).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
LunaTech
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/25 20:24:00 (permalink)
Hi Azslow3,

I have been watching Brett and you as Brett has an R16.  I will get everything setup soon to now assist. . Unless Brett is looking in and we can all work on it as a unit. Until then tell me if this will help I have midi-ox on my machine will output from that assist in this... Otherwise I will get the plugin installed and follow up then.

1. Caps lock - Like the shift key to say first 16 sliders = 1st 16 tracks ... Shfit plus sliders = next 16 tracks etc.. etc.
2.  Yes  the layout is odd.. Not sure how to address that lack of symmetry.
3. Using the arrow key by itself to move to next track. Using the hold down shift plus arrow key to move to the next bank of 8.
Let me know.

Sonar Platinum Pro- Win 10 64- I7 6800k - Asus - 32gb DDR4-SB ZX sound card (cd output to mixer)- Toshiba 960gb SSD (OS - Audio APPs)- 4TB Seagate (Storage/ App Content)- M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro - Akai MPD 232 - Zed R16 - PT 12 - A&H QU 24- Axiom 61 - XD 80usb

LunaTech
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/25 22:10:00 (permalink)
Hello Azslow3,
All setup.. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thanks.
Here is the information from the plug in for the Zed R16:

A-Z Plugin:
Last Midi Event:
All Faders                       Ch 16\CC 1-20\Value 0-127
All Rotary Encoders         Ch 16\CC 101-112(top left to right)\Value 0-127          
Buttons                          Ch 16\N 1-8\Value 0 (off)-1 (127)(pushed) Top Left to right
Left Arrow btn                Ch 16\N 9\Value 0-1
Right Arrow btn              Ch 16\N 10\Value 0-1

TRANSPORT:
Move Left btn                URT 7f 6 5
Stop                             URT 7f 6 1
Play                              URT 7f 6 2
Move Right btn              URT 7f 6 4
Record                          URT 7f 6 6 

INC btn                        Ch 16\N 16\Value 0-1 
Shift btn                       Ch 16\N 17\Value 0-1

BretB
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 508
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/26 10:00:00 (permalink)
The settings proposed sound great to me.  Once we have a working preset, we can always customize it for our personal work flow later.  Press on!  I will help any way I can.

Thanks for your time and talents.

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
azslow3
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/26 15:45:02 (permalink)
And here we are: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,155.0.html
Happy testing

On note: I assigned MIDI as reported by LunaTech, so in case Transport is working but Faders are not, please switch your ZED to use MIDI channel 16. I can make it configuration parameter if that is a problem.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
LunaTech
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/26 17:39:08 (permalink)
Hi Azslow3/BretB,

Wow.. Thanks so much.. I will get on this as soon as I can...This is great.

LunaTech
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/27 19:01:52 (permalink)
Ok,

So far so good.. All of the Key mappings are working as expected. Getting used to the shift key to move between 8 busses but it is working (and is a new capability ).   I will keep at it.  Thanks Azslow3.. More to come.

Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/27 19:20:01 (permalink)
I hope Cakewalk is paying attention and getting their cheque book ready for this when it matures, they will be looking for new stuff for their monthly cycles... 
azslow3
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 05:23:43 (permalink)
LunaTech
So far so good.. All of the Key mappings are working as expected. Getting used to the shift key to move between 8 busses but it is working (and is a new capability ).   I will keep at it.  Thanks Azslow3.. More to come.

I have several ideas about your setup:
  • at the moment, "Shift" alone is equal to "Shift+Arrows" for tracks and bank changes shift all controls. What you think about separating these shifts? "Shift+Arrows" for shift tracks, "Ins+Arrows" to move buses/ACT. So, there will be 16 WAI tracks and 4 WAI buses. And you will see what you control in SONAR (at the moment, you see 32 WAI tracks / 8 WAI buses but you do not know which half you are controlling). And that "free" Shift alone (switch Banks at the moment) for something else. In case you move between strips more than moving current track, "Arrows"/"Shift+Arrows" can be reversed.
  • "Shift/Ins+Transport" can be used for example to move between markers and/or loop/punch points
  • are you satisfied with low resolution faders? AZ Controller has more then just Catch Linear there. For volume faders other options are:
    • Catch Convex. That will increase resolution in the middle area by decreasing it around ends.
    • Instant Linear/Convex. If you switch a lot and so the same faders control different parameters, it can be annoying catching the value each time. In Instant mode, other parameter will be moved immediately. It trades resolution for convenience, but if you start to tune (move up/down), it becomes "normally" responding quite fast.
    • Step Fine. Makes 10 bit resolution endless encoder from any normal fader/encoder. Good to adjust parameter "just a little bit", but it is too "slow" for radical changes. Note, that the same effect can be produced with dedicated buttons (think of Arrows): adjust whatever parameter was controlled last with 10 bit resolution.
  • and it is possible to combine responses, for example "Instate Convex" in normal mode and "Step Fine" with Shift.
Doktor Avalanche
I hope Cakewalk is paying attention and getting their cheque book ready for this when it matures, they will be looking for new stuff for their monthly cycles...

The reality is such that no one cares about control surfaces in SONAR. There are severe bugs for years in ACT mapping, preset names, etc. I do not think CW is going to fix them. As you can see from this thread, the number of interested people can be counted on fingers. And so there is no market, no profit. Check other thread about SSL, they sell something worse 3k at most for 5k but they do not want spend a day to make it good work with SONAR. Nektar has invested in SONAR support for low end controllers, but it looks like they decided to forget about it in the top sector. Novation is still on board, but assuming crappy hardware, "advanced software" is the way to keep significant part of the market for them. Roland has discontinued everything they had in that area. It is time for Behringer, but you know what they are targeting. We will visit Mars before they write some SONAR specific software.

LunaTech
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 08:37:23 (permalink)

Hi Asslow3,

I think that all of your ideas are very good.

Bullet 1:
I like the idea of splitting this out.   But is it at the expense of "bank shifting" functionality.  In larger projects how would that be accomplished with that setup. Is it possible to have both setups..(SPlit functionality and bank shifting).

Bullet 2:
Love the idea.  Is this implementation possible because of bullet 1? Or can this be done now as is ?

Bullet 3 (a, b,c and d)
- These are great options to have. The resolution at present appears not different than the default that was there. With that said I do see opportunities where finer resolutions could prove useful ie...plugin parameters.

- Instant Convex maybe interesting to try for the faders because it seems to give more option (precise in middle range and "normal" on the edges.. So that would be a go there.

- Step fine sound perfect for adjusting plugin parameters more rotary oriented.. Can that be separated by mode?
- This is where combining step fine with "Instant" for plugin control makes sense to me on the rotary controllers and also for the arrow keys to make incremental adjustments on "in focus" plug in control if possible.

Speaking to your last comment:
I hope that this sentiment changes. I believe that as technology enables access for more users, The audience and interest for deeper control will widen (in a band I a box market place, this wont happen in droves). Do I think it will become wide spread in the regard of hardware.. I think it depends on the a. the appeal of new products showing up at a non elite price point, b. the potential of work like yours becoming known to potentially "revive" "garaged" hardware with revived or even deeper operational potentials and c. the success of "touch" because this will lead a few more potential users to realize that they prefer a more tactile or hybrid experience if again market forces allow for easier accessibility.

Keep in mind that I am an optimist......Thanks again for the work that you are doing. And I will continue to check this out and make observations.

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 09:42:27 (permalink)
Hi Azslow,

I don't want to hijack your thead [ I'm really glad you are finally getting users to jump in :-) ] but could you tell me what it takes to successfully build the Cakewalk source on Github? I couldn't find documentation ...

Maybe post here (http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3198539) so that your thread is not diluted. Thanks!

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
azslow3
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 11:51:53 (permalink)
LunaTech
Bullet 1:
I like the idea of splitting this out.   But is it at the expense of "bank shifting" functionality.  In larger projects how would that be accomplished with that setup. Is it possible to have both setups..(SPlit functionality and bank shifting).

The only difference from current to proposed change: by Shift you switch by 16 channels while by Shift+Arrows you switch by 8.

Bullet 2:
Love the idea.  Is this implementation possible because of bullet 1? Or can this be done now as is ?

Obviously completely unrelated. We do not use Shift+Transport yet.

Bullet 3 (a, b,c and d)
- These are great options to have. The resolution at present appears not different than the default that was there. With that said I do see opportunities where finer resolutions could prove useful ie...plugin parameters.

Can you try that yourself and write either I should change the preset?
Just in encoder/fader "Value" Action change related parameters and immediately test how it works.

We can also think what can be useful for other parameters: solo, moving throw FXes (it is possible to open/close corresponding windows, move to next/previous, etc). At the moment we have "Next track" and ACT, but we are not moving ACT focus nor using "Current track".

BretB
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 18:47:16 (permalink)
I have followed your instructions after installing the new update and can see the new program settings.  When I move a fader I can confirm AZ Control is getting MIDI data but no movement in the Sonar tracks.  I am sure there is something simple that I have not done.  Sonar shows the AZ Controller as "active".

I am excited to try this!  You have gone beyond my expectataions on your work.  Thank you!

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

azslow3
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 18:54:45 (permalink)
You should check what message you see when you move the fader, some thing like "CH:XX CC:YY". Most probably, CH will be not 16, as in LunaTech case. Either switch your ZED to 16, or at least write what you see so I can make preset for your case (if that is really channel problem, I will make it configurable on preset generation).

But transport keys should work in any case (till you have newer ZED R16 variation and you have switch it from MMC to CC). So, please check that.

BretB
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/28 19:56:28 (permalink)
When I move fader #1 on the ZED it reads "Ch:1 CC:1 Value 0 to 127".

In Sonar, all 16 tracks and 4 buses indicate that they are under the control of the AZ Controller as indicated by the color bars on all of those tracks.  I just get no movement.

azslow3
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/29 06:12:35 (permalink)
BretB
When I move fader #1 on the ZED it reads "Ch:1 CC:1 Value 0 to 127".

So, your ZED is on channel "1". Please download the latest version, it asks for MIDI Channel during preset generation (you should keep the default, while LuncTech should select "16" there).

In Sonar, all 16 tracks and 4 buses indicate that they are under the control of the AZ Controller as indicated by the color bars on all of those tracks.  I just get no movement.

I want to comment on that. What you see as color bars are WAI regions. The preset set these regions, but that has no direct relations to what AZ Controller is going to control. The preset defines (separately!) that the volume/pan of these channels is controlled by faders/encoders. But that is not a must, I (you) can define that fader 16 is always controls Main 3 volume without indicating that or I could indicate that I control 12 tracks while still controlling 16.

In general, in Control Surface/DAW world what your hardware sent, what is indicated and what is controlled are independent. While it looks like Hardware Console it is not hardware console. Most producers are not explaining that to make advertisements like that: "Our new controller version has mighty button 'UnMute all', we have worked hard to get it there so please spend another $$$ for our advanced product" (in reality, it is just another button which send "Note:X On" and they call unmute command of DAW in software, 2 lines of code and 5 cents button, thats it).

BretB
Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/29 09:31:34 (permalink)
Aslow, from your site (http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,155.0.html) you say "
  • "In the preset dialog, select MIDI Channel you could see from your fader and press "Generate preset"I don't see these options on any tab.  When I go the the "Hardware" tab, under "logical control" it is showing all on Ch16.  I have uninstalled and started over several times to see if this option only shows up on initial setup.

I am embarrassed that I am not getting this and I hate to be a pain.

• Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

LunaTech
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/29 10:44:01 (permalink)
    Hello Azslow3,

So to be clear on this:

"Bullet 3 (a, b,c and d)
    Can you try that yourself and write either I should change the preset?
    Just in encoder/fader "Value" Action change related parameters and immediately test how it works."

What I see on the logic tab.. Under logical controls.. I have selected rotary encoder 1
    - Then I see the logic under Action list
    - I can highlight the logic relating to the rotary action ie..."catch linear, timeout touch"
    - Is this where you mean that I can either copy and modify the setting to combine to actions or I can simply replace the initial value with one that I want to test.

Let me know and thanks..

azslow3
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/29 16:45:52 (permalink)
    BretB
    Aslow, from your site (http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,155.0.html) you say "

I am embarrassed that I am not getting this and I hate to be a pain.

You need the latest version for that, b163. It is still inside 0.3.1 seria, just re-download to get it. While I have prepared it specially for you, I decide that is not a reason to call it 0.3.2, sorry

LunaTech
    What I see on the logic tab.. Under logical controls.. I have selected rotary encoder 1
    - Then I see the logic under Action list
    - I can highlight the logic relating to the rotary action ie..."catch linear, timeout touch"
    - Is this where you mean that I can either copy and modify the setting to combine to actions or I can simply replace the initial value with one that I want to test.

Yes, if you highlight (click on) "catch linear, timeout touch" you will see possible options (in the buttom part of the window). Try to change "Catch" to "Instant" there, or "Step" "Fine", or something else.

The effect is immediate. You do not need "copy" or save explicitly. Note, that "Instant" you will notice only after you start control different parameters. Curves and "Step" (Endless imitation) you can notice on the same parameter.

Please check the documentation for the meaning of all possible options.

BretB
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/29 22:38:37 (permalink)
    Sweet!  I had downloaded the wrong version.  While I haven't tried all of it out, I can tell this is going to be fantastic.  Thanks for your time and effort.

azslow3
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 07:48:06 (permalink)
    LunaTech
    ... Getting used to the shift key to move between 8 busses...

BretB
    ...  Sonar shows the AZ Controller as "active"....

I have planned that for long time. It is possible to display arbitrary text in "Control Surface" Module on SONAR Control Bar, where you can always see just "Active".

The latest version includes such function. ZED R16 and Startup presets show current Mode and Bank there.

BretB
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 08:53:13 (permalink)
    All of my 16 faders and 12 rotary and 4 MIDI faders are controlling Sonar.  My transport pads don't seem to do anything.  I can see that they are sending a signal but no action.

azslow3
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 14:15:56 (permalink)
    Can you write what you see in "Last MIDI Event" when you use transport buttons?

As mentioned in documentation, ZED R16 since some hardware/firmware change can send Control Changes instead of MMC. I can add this setting into the preset generation dialog.

BretB
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 15:31:28 (permalink)
    revised post
    post edited by BretB - 2015/03/31 16:17:50

BretB
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 16:12:50 (permalink)
    azslow3
    Can you write what you see in "Last MIDI Event" when you use transport buttons?

REW = "URT 70 6 5
    STOP = "URT 70 6 1"
    PLAY = "URT 70 6 2"
    FF = "URT 70 6 4"
    REC = "URT 70 6 6"

When we save a preset does it save a physical file and where?  I would like to make sure and save a good working preset when I want to attempt changing settings to meet future workflow needs or your software revisions that might come in the future.

azslow3
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 17:34:42 (permalink)
    Thanks, it is still MMC but with different device ID (70, while LunaTech use "broadcast" 7f). I will make it configurable.

Current preset is automatically saved, but as in the installation instruction, I recommend save it as named preset. You can have as many named presets as you want and switch between them (the same way as with VST presets). In case you have named it, it exists as a separate file. But instead of working with files directly, I recommend to use CakeWalk Plug-ins Manager (from Utility menu). You can save one preset, group or all presets as one file and then reimport some of them when needed.

Preset merging is not planned. So if you regenerate preset within plug-in you can not keep custom changes. And you can not combine presets or copy something from one to another. Sorry. But normally you are going to have just several actions per control, so reinventing changes should not take too much time (well... if you check my forum, you can notice customization with 256 actions per control, but that is an extreme case and we are going to optimize it).

OldTimerNewComer
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 164
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 19:18:09 (permalink)
    azslow3

The reality is such that no one cares about control surfaces in SONAR. There are severe bugs for years in ACT mapping, preset names, etc. I do not think CW is going to fix them. As you can see from this thread, the number of interested people can be counted on fingers. We will visit Mars before they write some SONAR specific software.

There is more interest in this topic than you know.

My controller is very basic. One slider, eight assignable buttons, 8 Banks, 
    two increment/decrement buttons. No Sound.

Unsupported by Sonar, even though it was made by Roland,
    when Roland still owned Cakewalk.

I find WAI and ACT to be tedious and incomplete, if SOMEWHAT helpful.

I even tried to get into CAL because of it's low level access to Sonar (Thanks for that, bakers).
    Funny, how the many versions/updates/flavors of Sonar have never broken THAT.
    Then I asked myself do I really want to re-invent the wheel from inside a program that COULD have
    done this more thoroughly in the 1st place, and decided I didn't want to learn more CODE.

I presently use GlovePie to control Sonar through voice input trigger,
    with phenomenal success;

The Cakewalk/Roland policy  regarding long term support of a product and
    backwards compatibility reminds me of a teenage virgin walking into a room
    FULL of whatever  they are seeking, for the very first time...
    You just know they aren't staying with ANYONE long.

I am hoping this will change under Gibson.
    Outlook: hopeful, but guarded.

This drove me away from my hardware controller;
    What I am reading gives me hope.

Can you give me a brief synopsis of what is required from me system-wise to
    implement your program?
    The rest I think I have gleaned/can glean from the above discussion.

Thank you for your help in advance, and kudos for your hard work.

Mel
    post edited by OldTimerNewComer - 2015/03/31 19:26:35

Asus Sabertooth Z77. OCZ "Stealth" PSU 700w. 
    Core i7 2600k @3.8 Ghz via XMP memory  setting.
    AMD Radeon HD6450 CE 2GB DDR3 video.
    Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz (32 Gig). 
    Kingston 512 GB SSD(OS/Software).
    WD 500 GB SATA(data) + 1 TB external.
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 40(FW)-v3.4.
    Windows 10 Pro
    Sonar Platinum Jamaica Plains Update

Ultimately YOU will be the hardest to convince that the Cake is done... Finish it.

My Stuff:
    https://www.reverbnation.com/skeletonkrew9

LunaTech
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/03/31 20:37:56 (permalink)
    Hi Azslow3,

I had a chance to play with the encoder settings and I believe I am happy with Instant/Convex.  This allows me to not have to wait for the encoder to catch up and I like the action more.  I will try to the other settings (step)  in a plug in scenario soon and report back.  I have the manual to reduce the obvious questions but there may still be some (be patient with the novice tool user ).  I am grateful for your work and appreciate your efforts. Thanks.

azslow3
    Re: You can integrate your Control Surface with SONAR as deep as you want! 2015/04/01 04:20:02 (permalink)
    OldTimerNewComer
    My controller is very basic. One slider, eight assignable buttons, 8 Banks, 
    two increment/decrement buttons. No Sound.

Unsupported by Sonar, even though it was made by Roland,
    when Roland still owned Cakewalk.
    Can you give me a brief synopsis of what is required from me system-wise to
    implement your program?

As you can see in this thread, I have changed my strategy a bit. Instead of "here it is, you can use it" I am ready to write initial presets for particular devices.

So, please write which controller you mean (I could not find myself something from Roland fitting your description) and what you expect from it. With that information I can prepare a preset which you can tweak then.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1