• SONAR
  • Outstanding Issues as of X3E (UNOFFICIAL) (p.2)
2014/03/23 13:58:52
Keni
I wish I had the report numbers at my fingertips, but alas... I do not.

But I have many Bug Reports filed regarding this issue. It has become more clear where the root of the problem is... I think?

The bug is that zoom using the Z+click/drag does not work correctly if there are any hidden tracks and or Folder tracks in the project...

If this bug went away it would dramatically clean up my X3 experience...

Keni

Sorry if my post is not as neat and clean as all the others I see here...

2014/03/23 18:00:51
Splat
Hi Keni

I've got many of the zoom issues documented in #1 I think. Anything new here or not documented please point me to a thread (or a new thread).

Your thread was:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/X3d-Zoom-Still-As-Messed-Up-As-In-X3c-m2954161.aspx#2955239

Anyway I didn't document it because there were not really steps to repro or a CWBRN (found it difficult to follow, not your fault probably mine), but I did manage to create a spin off issue which was documented:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Specific-Zoom-Drag-Issue-m2955368.aspx#2958795

Anyway I'll look at it again when I get the time (I probably missed something), I'll put it on my to do list
Also if we don't have a CWBN number we are just out in the wilderness so I don't really chase these issues up so much
... sorry...

Cheers.
2014/03/25 12:05:00
Goooler
I installed the X3e patch last night.
I have Melodyne Editor Edition.
I chose the repair modify option on the X3e update for Melodyne.

My question is will the X3e update adversely affect the operation of the Melodyne Editor Edition?
If yes should I reinstall the Melodyne Editor?
2014/03/25 12:17:14
Sacalait
I don't doubt what you're finding is real.  Yes, there are some 'issues', but I haven't found anything that's been a show-stopper for me- by any stretch.  And I make a living using THIS software.  The reality is there is no such thing as "bug-free" software.  ...but I guess it's good someone has time to pay attention to the small detail. 
2014/03/25 12:30:58
Splat
Sacalait

I don't doubt what you're finding is real.  Yes, there are some 'issues', but I haven't found anything that's been a show-stopper for me- by any stretch.  And I make a living using THIS software.  The reality is there is no such thing as "bug-free" software.  ...but I guess it's good someone has time to pay attention to the small detail. 

Everything has been validated by the community and all is reproducible, we have been very careful to supply easy reproducible steps that anybody could follow I suggest you try them out for yourself and post on the actual threads rather than make judgement from the side-lines. In a lot of cases I have validated it myself, if not other members (often more than one) have reproduced these issues. I've made sure in almost all cases other members of the community validate my own issues. You will notice many issues whereby we have had feedback "CONFIRMED BY CAKEWALK". Issues here are up to date as all of them have been re-validated with X3E. So not everything goes into this bug report; if a bug is not reproducible by others it does not go in period.

Please note people use Sonar in different ways, what may not be a showstopper for me (or you) may be for another person. If they are reproducible, they are and that is that. Say what you like but one thing you can't say is that they are not REAL! . I have not marked which issues are trivial or major (that's Cakewalk's job). Some are major and some are trivial. Almost all of them are not showstoppers in my view. I've just done two 8 hour sessions without much issue with X3E.

I've always maintained Sonar is stable and very usable. None of these issues make Sonar an unusable product and many other DAW's have their own set of issues. All software has bugs. Here is a record of what we in the forums community find visible from the consumer perspective, and it's been checked, that's it. Read nothing else into it.

Cheers...
2014/03/25 19:25:24
icontakt
Sacalait
I don't doubt what you're finding is real. Yes, there are some 'issues', but I haven't found anything that's been a show-stopper for me- by any stretch. And I make a living using THIS software. The reality is there is no such thing as "bug-free" software. ...but I guess it's good someone has time to pay attention to the small detail.

Has anyone said in this thread that Sonar has a showstopper bug? ;)

None of the issues I know in Sonar is a showstopper for me as well, but some of them quite often inconvenience me. For example, CWBRN-22480, CWBRN-24469, CWBRN-24086 and also CWBRN-24451 (not confirmed by Alex yet) slow down my work almost every time I edit notes/clips, CWBRN-24456 takes several unnecessary mouse clicks every time I open a project or switch back from another screenset compared to when it was working fine in X2, CWBRN-24120 is hardly usable, and CWBRN-23413 made me restore an old version of a project.

But the large number of features, overall ease of use and the professional-looking GUI make me continue using Sonar as my main daw. :)
2014/03/25 20:38:15
jb101
@ JX

Jlien X
Sacalait
I don't doubt what you're finding is real. Yes, there are some 'issues', but I haven't found anything that's been a show-stopper for me- by any stretch. And I make a living using THIS software. The reality is there is no such thing as "bug-free" software. ...but I guess it's good someone has time to pay attention to the small detail.

CakeAlexS

Please note people use Sonar in different ways, what may not be a showstopper for me (or you) may be for another person. If they are reproducible, they are and that is that.

Some are major and some are trivial. Almost all of them are not showstoppers in my view. I've just done two 8 hour sessions without much issue with X3E.

Just sayin'  ;)

Carry on Alex, though, you're doing a great job.
2014/03/25 20:55:21
icontakt
jb101
@ JX

Jlien X
Sacalait

CakeAlexS

Please note people use Sonar in different ways, what may not be a showstopper for me (or you) may be for another person. If they are reproducible, they are and that is that.

Some are major and some are trivial. Almost all of them are not showstoppers in my view. I've just done two 8 hour sessions without much issue with X3E.

Just sayin'  ;)

I wonder which one(s) Alex consider as a showstopper (maybe I don't know the real definition of "showstopper").

Anyway, I just wondered why Sacalait had to say there's no showstopper in Sonar because no one BEFORE his post said there is.  
2014/03/25 21:01:34
jb101

I agree that there are no "showstoppers", and I don't think Alex thinks there are either. I was just pointing out where he may have got the idea that some people thought that there were "showstoppers".  ;)

edited for clarity
2014/03/25 21:08:10
neirbod
Sacalait

I have read similar comments since X3b and I simply don't understand the mindset that prompt one to write them. The fact is many bugs, a few "show stoppers" but many more "workflow obstacles", have been documented, verified, and then fixed due to the diligent work of many on this forum.  Comments such as these seem to say "things are good enough so why bother documenting remaining issues?"  

I for one am grateful for those who work to make Sonar better through careful attention to bugs, and I must note in particular Alex and Jlien X, even if some of the bugs are minor.  The fact that the remaining bugs are for the most small is due in large part to their efforts to track down the bigger ones, as well as CW's renewed and improved dedication to fixing them.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account