video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:44:25 (permalink)
Hey now, Mikey - You need to cool your jets.  There's no need to bark at me because you're frustrated.  I'm not perverting or accusing, and I can't speak for John T.  My post was asking you some questions. 

Here on the thread you explained that you actually could have had that clip under control in short order, but you wanted to put together a demo of what it would be like if you just followed the instructions, or at least the instructions as you understood them or the way you thought a newbie would understand them.  Isn't that correct, that you basically did a dramatization?--Isn't that what you explained later?

I'm just saying that I'm confused over what's really being demonstrated here.  Maybe what you're doing is a version of every single step described in the manual, but I've never seen so many steps taken just to do a groove clip.  Setting beat at now?--Why?  I guess the manual says that, and this whole section that you were referring to should be rewritten.  Making a groove clip is a much more straight forward proposition and works when the length of the clip is correct before applying the groove.

Mike, I basically was simply asking if your post was to be taken literally when you said you were putting together a hypothetical situation.  If you feel like you shouldn't have done that now, and you're pissed off at yourself, don't take it out on me because I can push back when I want.  Ok?

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
nprime
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2423
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:46:10 (permalink)
I don't understand how the video could be misinterpreted. It is pretty straightforward.

Documented procedures don't work as they should. Mike is not making this up.

Now I am confuzzled.

Listen

Sonar 5PE
Intel DP35DP, E6750, 3 GB, 80GB/320 GB
Scope (6 DSP) w/A16 interface
PadKontrol, Legacy Series MS20, EZDrummer.
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:46:33 (permalink)
rbowser

Hey now, Mikey - You need to cool your jets.  There's no need to bark at me because you're frustrated.  I'm not perverting or accusing, and I can't speak for John T. 

... and I certainly am not trying to drag you over to my "side" or anything. But we are both making exactly the same point here.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
rbowser
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:47:05 (permalink)
yorolpal

Now that is a great new avatar Randy, ol pal.  Two thumbs up...way up.

Hey!  Thank you much, Yorolpal.  That's a great note from you, someone who has one of the supremely quirky avatars.  'preciate it.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:48:46 (permalink)
nprime

I don't understand how the video could be misinterpreted. It is pretty straightforward.

Documented procedures don't work as they should. Mike is not making this up.

Now I am confuzzled.

He's not making up how it works, no. There is clearly a real bug there. He has, however, entirely misrepresented the impact the issue had on him.

All I'm saying is that reporting bugs and discussing flaws can (and should) be done in a more grown-up and less disingenuous manner, especially by people who are plainly not kids.

Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
rbowser
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:53:52 (permalink)
John T

rbowser

Hey now, Mikey - You need to cool your jets.  There's no need to bark at me because you're frustrated.  I'm not perverting or accusing, and I can't speak for John T. 

... and I certainly am not trying to drag you over to my "side" or anything. But we are both making exactly the same point here.

Yeah, we are John. - Mike - and nprime - To me X1 is so not-ready-for-prime time.  I poke at it some now and then, not as much as I did at first, because I find it very slow going, ugly to look at, full of buggy weird things.  I'd rather get work done than struggle with it, and that's why I"m working in 8.5 today.  So I'm the last person to defend X1 at all costs.

I'm just saying that I'm confused by the video.  It's long, tedious, and I don't really care to watch it again.  I'm sure you were trying to make a legitimate point.  I suppose convoluted instructions like you were following can be found in 8.5's manual too-?  Maybe.  I don't know--Groove Clips just aren't all that difficult, and so as I suggested, maybe the manual should be re-written.  I guess they were taking the worst case scenario, which is to work with a clip that was recorded in free time.  To me, the first instruction should just be, "Don't make groove clips out of free time clips unless you're a masochist."--Ya know?

And so on--This is just --confusing, and I don't think very helpful to the cause which is that X1 needs major fixing up before it can be taken seriously.

So.  You were making a dramatization.  Right?--That's OK.  I just originally took it to be a video of you genuinely unable to get work done because of a bug you couldn't work around.  And I'm sure other people took it that way too.  And--perhaps that wasn't the best approach.  Kind of ticks me off that it wasn't what you were really dealing with, but I'll get over it.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:54:31 (permalink)
Still attacking the messenger John?

The answer is simply that I felt like working in that manner on that day? I wanted to play my drum track and make a short loop and then jam some bass and guitar.

That's what I wanted to do... and it says right in the manual that I can.

And I am dismayed that after buying 17 upgrades that I can not.

This is more of your slime ball methodology of being a jerk... and asking impertinent questions in an attempt to discredit some one.

The worst part about your bull **** style is that every time I have answered your questions you insist on asking them again because you don't like that answer.

That's exactly what happened on the encounter 1-1/2 months ago.

If you asked me that question you just posted above to my face I would slap you silly.

That's why I've had you blocked for 1-1/2 months... because you are trying to start a fight... and you are such a pussy you will not even stand up and admit it.

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 21:58:47 (permalink)

"I guess they were taking the worst case scenario, which is to work with a clip that was recorded in free time.  To me, the first instruction should just be, "Don't make groove clips out of free time clips unless you're a masochist."--Ya know?"

Are you serious? Don't make groove clips out of free play music? I do with audio clips each and every day.

I don't do it with MIDI that much because I usually write MIDI... but I do like playing my MIDI drum clip.

If I played to a click and used Set Measure/Beat at Now the same bugs would be all over the place.

I can't believe you think I was play acting... I'm shaking my head in dis belief that you can imagine such a thing.

PS don't insult me and then tell me to cool my Jets.

post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:55:18

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:02:06 (permalink)
I'm not trying to start a fight at all. There's no fight here. I've actually not said anything you haven't said yourself. Just drawn some attention to it, is all.

You've led a load of people by the nose with a fabrication here. Plainly, I'm not the only person who think that's a bit out of order.

As for all this tough guy posturing on the internet, well whatever. Quaking in my boots.

"Impertinent" is hysterical too. You're the guy flinging insults and now actual (but laughable) threats around, not me.
post edited by John T - 2011/01/08 22:46:11

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:03:27 (permalink)
mike_mccue

Still attacking the messenger John?

The answer is simply that I felt like working in that manner on that day? I wanted to play my drum track and make a short loop and then jam some bass and guitar.

That's what I wanted to do... and it says right in the manual that I can.

And I am dismayed that after buying 17 upgrades that I can not.

This is more of your slime ball methodology of being a jerk... and asking impertinent questions in an attempt to discredit some one.

The worst part about your bull **** style is that every time I have answered your questions you insist on asking them again because you don't like that answer.

That's exactly what happened on the encounter 1-1/2 months ago.

If you asked me that question you just posted above to my face I would slap you silly.

That's why I've had you blocked for 1-1/2 months... because you are trying to start a fight... and you are such a pussy you will not even stand up and admit it.

Quoting this for posterity.

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:06:53 (permalink)
Hey, should I try to rally people to press the Report Abuse link on that post? Or would that be a bit "pussy"?

rbowser
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:08:07 (permalink)
mike_mccue

"I guess they were taking the worst case scenario, which is to work with a clip that was recorded in free time.  To me, the first instruction should just be, "Don't make groove clips out of free time clips unless you're a masochist."--Ya know?"

Are you serious? Don't make groove clips out of free play music? I do with audio clips reach and every day.

I don't do it with MIDI that much because I usually write MIDI... but I do like playing my MIDI drum clip.

If I played to a click and used Set Measure/Beat at Now the same bugs would be all over the place.

I can't believe you think I was play acting... I'm shaking my head in dis belief that you can imagine such a thing.

PS don't insult me and then tell me to cool my Jets.

oh my.  Another of a growing list of threads to unsubscribe from.  This is out of hand.  I'm confused as ever. 

Mike, you are so wildly contradictory from post to post, I can't make heads or tails of it.  YOU SAID that you know how to make groove clips.  You said you were making a demonstration of what it could be like - but that it wasn't what you actually went through, because you know what you're doing.  Now in this new post, and some others, you're saying that no, you actually COuldn't get more work done because you don't know how to make groove clips work.  WHich is it?--I don't know--who could know, since you've said the two opposite things on this thread.

You're out of control, Mike, and I haven't insulted you just by frickin' asking for a clarification about what you're trying to do in this thread.  I Will tell you to COOL YOUR JETS because you're acting like you're on crack or something, trying to say two opposite things at the same time, and your replies have me pissed off.  Great hmm?  Alienate someone who doesn't have any higher an opinion of X1 than you do. 

Stay off my case, and for your own sake, and the cause of getting problems with X1 to be properly heard, don't screw up more of your own threads!--

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:09:06 (permalink)
rbowser

Hey now, Mikey - You need to cool your jets.  There's no need to bark at me because you're frustrated.  I'm not perverting or accusing, and I can't speak for John T.  My post was asking you some questions. 

Here on the thread you explained that you actually could have had that clip under control in short order, but you wanted to put together a demo of what it would be like if you just followed the instructions, or at least the instructions as you understood them or the way you thought a newbie would understand them.  Isn't that correct, that you basically did a dramatization?--Isn't that what you explained later?

I'm just saying that I'm confused over what's really being demonstrated here.  Maybe what you're doing is a version of every single step described in the manual, but I've never seen so many steps taken just to do a groove clip.  Setting beat at now?--Why?  I guess the manual says that, and this whole section that you were referring to should be rewritten.  Making a groove clip is a much more straight forward proposition and works when the length of the clip is correct before applying the groove.

Mike, I basically was simply asking if your post was to be taken literally when you said you were putting together a hypothetical situation.  If you feel like you shouldn't have done that now, and you're pissed off at yourself, don't take it out on me because I can push back when I want.  Ok?

Randy B.

Just because I said I knew I could have started all over again from scratch doing it another way doesn't mean I wasn't sick to my stomach and genuinely perplexed as to why it didn't work in SONAR version 18.

The idea that it was a demonstration is within the context of the fact that I tried to do it exactly as shown and saw all those bugs again and THEN I walked over got a camera set it up and hit record and then performed all the steps again as a demonstration of what I had experienced as a user 15 minutes prior.

So do me a favor... don't make it out like I woke up the other day and decided to write and produce a video.

The only way to be confused about this is to make some assumptions that aren't pertinent.

post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:10:09

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:10:59 (permalink)
Ah, large fonts and bold text. Always increases the correctness.

Add some red in your next post. That'll take it over the top.

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:12:56 (permalink)
Imagine having to start "from scratch" on a four bar loop when you knew exactly how to fix it even beforehand. Oh, the agony.

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:15:17 (permalink)
"Ah, large fonts and bold text. Always increases the correctness.

Add some red in your next post. That'll take it over the top."

More attacking the messenger.

Why not address the message and consider that it is answering your question.

This is the slime ball technique that you use each time...

I figured maybe you'd actually read the big letters... but no?

You claim I fabricated something when in fact all I did was press record and show people the steps I went thru.

The act of pressing record made it a demonstration.

post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:17:02

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:16:12 (permalink)
John T

Imagine having to start "from scratch" on a four bar loop when you knew exactly how to fix it even beforehand. Oh, the agony.

More attacking the messenger.

Slime Ball.

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:22:16 (permalink)
Well, I dunno. I wouldn't say really attacking the messenger, per se. More pointing out that the message was a disingenuous one. If that offends the messenger, then I'd put that down to a making omelettes / breaking eggs thing, really.

Clearly, you can't actually defend your position and are reduced to just flinging feeble insults around. Carry on if you like. I'm not above admitting I'm finding it pretty amusing, though my real preference would be for you in general to stop acting like such a baby all the time. You really are dragging this forum down of late. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is sickening and outrageous. Jeez, it's like being trapped in a lift with Liberace.
post edited by John T - 2011/01/08 22:23:24

shawnbulen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 157
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:26:20 (permalink)
I found a way around the groove clip lengthening problem - by editing the 'Beats in clip' property under Clips|Groove Clip to what it should be.   

Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
 - Fripp
The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:27:11 (permalink)
more attacking the messenger.

You shouldn't eve be writing about me or what you think about me.

It is that simple.

I'll do the same for you when you finally begin acting civil.

Yes, you have finally gotten under my skin and infuriated me and this is because you have now questioned my integrity.

I don't care what you think... but keep it to your self.

Stay on topic... question or comment on the the techniques demonstrated in the video... but stay away from criticizing me as cheap shot way to... well... I don't know what you actually have in mind.

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:29:28 (permalink)
But Mike, you make attacks on others all the time.

Dunno about "integrity", but there is open and shut dishonesty from you in this thread, and I think we can now safely add hypocrisy. You certainly don't hold yourself to the standard you're demanding from me.

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:30:09 (permalink)
shawnbulen

I found a way around the groove clip lengthening problem - by editing the 'Beats in clip' property under Clips|Groove Clip to what it should be.   

Yes that usually works but some how using the Set Measure/Beat at Now seems to really make that a mess... I was experimenting with that before I went to work this morning and the clip expanded on both sides.

If you don't use the Set Measure/Beat at Now then editing the B eats ibn Clip property is very useful.

best regards,
mike

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:31:51 (permalink)
John T

But Mike, you make attacks on others all the time.

Dunno about "integrity", but there is open and shut dishonesty from you in this thread, and I think we can now safely add hypocrisy. You certainly don't hold yourself to the standard you're demanding from me.

I make arguments about issues, and when I occasionally cross a line I am quick to acknowledge so and apologize.

You seem completely unable to acknowledge when you do so.

regards,
mike

edit to add:

The dishonesty you see is a fiction of your imagination.

The hypocrisy you see stems from your inability to consider issues as pluralistic.

The frustration you see is real... you wouldn't say any of this to my face for more than a few seconds.
post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:34:50

StepD
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 594
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:34:09 (permalink)
This is definitely going into my list of Top 10 Funniest Threads Ever (warped sense of humor that I have). You guys are awesome.

Core2 6600 2.40 GHz, ASUS P5B Deluxe, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630 2GB, 3 Seagate Sata, Echo AudioFire 4 asio, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab
John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:35:11 (permalink)
So basically pretending you couldn't get on and work when in fact you could, and wasting everyone's time with a frankly weird 15-minute sympathy cruising video clip crosses no lines for you?

Each to their own, I suppose.

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:37:05 (permalink)

It was not pretending and you are attacking the messenger again... you simply will not acknowledge that you do this in an effort to ridicule other people.
post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:39:22

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:39:41 (permalink)
mike_mccue

The frustration you see is real... you wouldn't say any of this to my face for more than a few seconds.
Well, there's a long and growing list of reasons I would avoid being in the same room as you, but fear, I'm sorry to say, is not on it. But should such a situation arise, I would not really have a problem with calling out nonsense like this.

I'd invite you to consider it the other way around. Would you behave this ludicrously in a real-life situation? One would need an incredibly high embarrassment threshold to do so, I'd imagine.

John T
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:40:53 (permalink)
mike_mccue

It was not pretending and you are attacking the messenger again... you simply will not acknowledge that you do this in an effort to ridicule other people.

Seriously dude, you are ridiculing yourself. There wouldn't be room for me to even if I wanted to.

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:41:31 (permalink)
"Would you behave this ludicrously in a real-life situation? One would need an incredibly high embarrassment threshold to do so, I'd imagine."

More personal attacks.

post edited by mike_mccue - 2011/01/08 22:42:43

The Maillard Reaction
Re:video of several bugs enoucountered while trying to make a groove clip 2011/01/08 22:41:57 (permalink)
John T

mike_mccue

Seriously dude, you are ridiculing yourself. There wouldn't be room for me to even if I wanted to.

More personal attacks?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1