Helpful Reply1/3/17 Update: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Author
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 14:10:55 (permalink)
gmp
I wonder if it’s MS Defender? This my DAW, so I try not to do much internet work, except those related to my DAW. So I dot[‘ have any virus software installed, since I’m careful. So what could be updating without my permission?

Hmmmm???  Windows will automatically download and install definitions updates once a day for you.  Wonder if there is ever anything extra packaged with that?

http://www.microsoft.com/...l/definitions/adl.aspx

fyi:  I keep Defender disabled, since I run Avira AV for protection.  And so far I have seen none of the issues reported with Sonar or plugins.
post edited by abacab - 2016/12/19 09:58:40

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 15:11:54 (permalink)
I am a user since the '80's, and as a current lifetime update subscriber. From my engineering career, I realize that bugs happen. However, based on my observations both in this forum and with Sonar on my PC, I regret to say that I suspect that the monthly update model does not allow enough time for thorough regression testing.
abacab
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 15:36:15 (permalink)
mcdonalk

However, based on my observations both in this forum and with Sonar on my PC, I regret to say that I suspect that the monthly update model does not allow enough time for thorough regression testing.

Lance Riley [Cakewalk]

It has come to our attention that a recent Windows 10 update has introduced instability in a subset of our plug-ins and may cause SONAR or other Windows DAWs to crash. The problem is related to a change in the timing for thread initialization on Windows, which leads to intermittent crashing on project load, plug-in scanning, or adding these plug-ins to a project. We are able to reproduce the issue and it appears to only affect some systems since it is timing related. We are actively working on a resolution and will release fixes to the affected plugins as soon as possible.

I suppose this could imply the same thing for Microsoft's monthly cumulative update model.

If one fails to make a regular backup image, in order to have have something to fall back on, well ...

If one cannot afford any downtime or interruptions to your workflow, why update your main DAW with just released software, without testing it first.  How could Microsoft or Cakewalk test every specific PC config for full compatibility?  In the Windows ecosystem, there is a nearly infinite number of variables in end user setups.

In the business world it's referred to as disaster recovery.  It's the customer's responsibility to be prepared for anything going wrong in their operational environment. Sooner or later something will break, no matter how well you are prepared.

The software development model has changed.  It's called agile development, so it's time to accept that and protect yourself.  Or live with the consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...e_software_development
Agile software development describes a set of principles for software development under which requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of self-organizing cross-functional teams. It advocates adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, and continuous improvement, and it encourages rapid and flexible response to change. These principles support the definition and continuing evolution of many software development methods.

musicjohnnie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 227
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 15:42:10 (permalink)
Hi all,
 I do remember getting a notice this time with the win 10 update, that said that adobe flash was part of the update package; along with defender. I'm  not real sure about 'Flash' anymore. My tablets can't  even use it. There is a solution, it just hasn't been  stated yet. I'm  pretty sure developers know what's going on. A kind word would be useful. Let's  all keep our digits crossed. Out Here!
MJ
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 15:57:14 (permalink)
Apple have been trying to persuade web developers to move away from Flash and to a better, more secure platform such as HTML5 for ages. Steve Jobs was critical of it several years ago. And Apple aren't alone in that.

I get a "Flash update required for security fixes" on Macs about once a week or once every ten days. It seems someone somewhere finds a flaw in Flash almost as soon as a new release comes out.

And, like Acrobat, it auto loads resident "helper" processes despite it making no difference if they are loaded or not other than maybe a few milliseconds delay in application launch.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
HighAndDry
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 586
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/18 17:17:45 (permalink)
robert@gmwmusic.com
I think it's more cakewalk just based on my on observations. I mean I have other DAW software I tested with no problem. Just to name one instance. What I want is for cakewalk to give us some kind of feedback. I believe it's over due.

agree.  they need to speak up more

ASRock Z97 Pro 4 Motherboard
Chipset : Intel Z97
Intel i7 4790k
32 gb Ballistix (crucial) 1600 DDR3 ram

Corsair 330R case Corsair Rm750 ultra quiet power supply
Win 10 64 bit

Motu 1248 AVB
Mackie Onyx Blackbird 16 x16 FW
Sonar Platinum

gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 01:15:30 (permalink)
abacab
mcdonalk

However, based on my observations both in this forum and with Sonar on my PC, I regret to say that I suspect that the monthly update model does not allow enough time for thorough regression testing.

Lance Riley [Cakewalk]

It has come to our attention that a recent Windows 10 update has introduced instability in a subset of our plug-ins and may cause SONAR or other Windows DAWs to crash. The problem is related to a change in the timing for thread initialization on Windows, which leads to intermittent crashing on project load, plug-in scanning, or adding these plug-ins to a project. We are able to reproduce the issue and it appears to only affect some systems since it is timing related. We are actively working on a resolution and will release fixes to the affected plugins as soon as possible.

I suppose this could imply the same thing for Microsoft's monthly cumulative update model.

If one fails to make a regular backup image, in order to have have something to fall back on, well ...

If one cannot afford any downtime or interruptions to your workflow, why update your main DAW with just released software, without testing it first.  How could Microsoft or Cakewalk test every specific PC config for full compatibility?  In the Windows ecosystem, there is a nearly infinite number of variables in end user setups.

In the business world it's referred to as disaster recovery.  It's the customer's responsibility to be prepared for anything going wrong in their operational environment. Sooner or later something will break, no matter how well you are prepared.

The software development model has changed.  It's called agile development, so it's time to accept that and protect yourself.  Or live with the consequences.

Man I agree with you totally and have for decades lived by this principle and Murphy's Law. Almost every PC will go haywire in time, so you better be prepared for disaster.

Restore points are good, but I prefer keeping my C drive as lean as possible and making image files, so I can revert back to a previous state where everything works. I also back up my 3 networked computers every night and check that it did indeed backup every night too.

Actually this is the first bug that has almost caught me flat footed. 2 weeks ago I got the first runtime error using 2016.09 and reverting back to the previous image didn't fix it. Something from the internet is updating or corrupting things so I get the runtime error. Fortunately I have an easy workaround

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
gmp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 01:26:17 (permalink)
Well my experiment with disabling Defender and Adobe Acrobat Reader didn't solve the problem. There's still something from the internet that's updating and causing the runtime error.

I've looked into MS forced updates in Win 10 and it appears that this doesn't really apply to me. So far it appears to me that since I'm actually disabling Win Updates in Services that this prevents MS from updating my computer. I'd like to hear from bitflipper to see if he still feels this way.

But my Google search with lawsuits and such was referring to MS forcing Win 7+8 users to update to Win 10 and Win 10 home users who are not able to disable Win Updates like I'm able to. I have Win 10 Pro. I'm still looking into this, but so far I'm still baffled why I'm getting some mysterious internet update that’s gone haywire.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 01:41:16 (permalink)
win 10 home users can disable updates via the method you mention, disabling the windows update service. I have been doing it for ages on both professional and home versions, absolutely 0 issues (forgive me if i misunderstood you)
microapp
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 653
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 04:16:17 (permalink)
gmp
Well my experiment with disabling Defender and Adobe Acrobat Reader didn't solve the problem. There's still something from the internet that's updating and causing the runtime error.

I've looked into MS forced updates in Win 10 and it appears that this doesn't really apply to me. So far it appears to me that since I'm actually disabling Win Updates in Services that this prevents MS from updating my computer. I'd like to hear from bitflipper to see if he still feels this way.

But my Google search with lawsuits and such was referring to MS forcing Win 7+8 users to update to Win 10 and Win 10 home users who are not able to disable Win Updates like I'm able to. I have Win 10 Pro. I'm still looking into this, but so far I'm still baffled why I'm getting some mysterious internet update that’s gone haywire.

Defender is updated via Windows update so if you disable the update service, Defender will not update nor will anything else Windows related.
Acrobat reader has its own updater.
Have you disabled everything you can regarding Windows phoning home? You can get rid of most of it.
I am sure you know the following but I have to ask anyway .
Do you reboot your PC or stop the service after disabling the update service. It can be disabled but still running.

Sonar Platinum, Cubase Pro 8.5, Reaper 5, Studio One 2
Melodyne Studio 4, Finale 2012
I7-5820K 4.5GHz, 32 GB DDR4-2800,3 monitors,Win 10 Pro
Toshiba P75-A7100,l7-4900 2.4 Ghz/8MB Win 8.1 Pro
Tascam FW-1884, Emu 0404USB, CMC-AI,Axiom 61
Yamaha HS-50's, Sony SA-W2500, Sennheiser RS170's, ATH-M50
Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
Jackson DK2-S(Sustainiac),Les Paul Custom
Digitech Valve-FX, GFX-1,TSR-24,RP-90
microapp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 04:34:00 (permalink)
gmp, have you looked in the event viewer to see if the error is logged there ?
If it is logged, it should tell you what generated the error.
Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer
Look in the logs for all the sources. In the upper left . System, Windows, Apps,etc.

Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
stevesweat
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 09:45:28 (permalink)
BRainbow
It's Putin, I'm sure of it.

That Commie Putin has been ComPutin.
now you're Russian to conclusions...

Steve
Sweaty Productions
http://www.youarentweird.com/
https://soundcloud.com/user-978097986-982906152
https://sweatyproductions.bandcamp.com/
Windows 10 x64
SONAR Platinum x64
AMD FX6300 3.5gig 6core
HYPERx FURY 16gigRam
PNY GeForce GT730
WD Caviar 1TB 7200rpm
Gigabyte ATX AM3+ AMD 970 chipset
Roland Studio Capture
abacab
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 09:55:06 (permalink)
microapp

Defender is updated via Windows update so if you disable the update service, Defender will not update nor will anything else Windows related.

Defender has it's own updater.  It can still get updates with Windows update turned off.  It can work either way, by design.
https://www.microsoft.com...l/definitions/adl.aspx

Windows Defender can check online for updated definitions before scanning.  The scans are enabled with Task Scheduler Add arguments box, type -SignatureUpdate
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update-windows-defender-automatic-windows-updates-disabled
post edited by abacab - 2016/12/19 11:31:07

microapp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 11:11:57 (permalink)
The first link is dead.
The second link refers to changing update settings and not disabling the service.
If the sevice is disabled, Defender will not update.

Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
abacab
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 11:42:44 (permalink)
microapp
The first link is dead.
The second link refers to changing update settings and not disabling the service.
If the sevice is disabled, Defender will not update.

Link fixed.  Not clear on the exact effect of turning off automatic Windows updates, vs. completely disabling the service.  If the Defender needs the WU service for a manual update, then that would probably break it.

You can turn off Windows automatic updates in Pro, so it's not really necessary to disable the service.  WU is the usual mechanism for providing Defender updates, but you can still get the Defender updates manually, or by Task Scheduler using a scheduled scan.

But really the whole point to my originally even mentioning this, was the possibility that Microsoft or another provider has a silent update at work here.  I was using Defender as an example of something that can update, even with WU auto update turned off.

gmp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 13:02:14 (permalink)
microapp
gmp

Have you disabled everything you can regarding Windows phoning home? You can get rid of most of it.
Do you reboot your PC or stop the service after disabling the update service. It can be disabled but still running.

I'd like to know how to disable all the Windows phoning home stuff. Can you explain please.

Every night I turn off my PC, I leave Win Updates service disabled always, except right before I install a new Plat version. Then I enable it and get all the updates done. Many times when I disable any service I'll usually also hit stop, but maybe not always. After I update Plat, I make a new image file.

I have some other settings for autoupdates for when it is enabled. I always get a popup message saying there are Win updates available and if I'd like to download and install them. So to my knowledge MS will never update anything without my permission.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
Audiosynth
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 13:03:47 (permalink)
Seems to be a problem that the standalone VSTs need to be changed from 48 kHz to 44 before they will run in Ableton Live at least on my system.

Definitely annoying but only needs to be done one time? I hope.

Nope, Live still crashed after changing ZT3A 64 bit to 44kHz 

Sonar X2 Pro, i7 3820, 16GB DDR3, ASUS P9X79 mobo, Behringer X32, Korg Kronos, Roland Integra, Komplete 7

robert@gmwmusic.com
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 13:08:30 (permalink)
When this first started I do believe I rulled out MS defender. I services and deleted Updates and reverted then disabled defender. Did not fix the main crash. The only thing I can truly tie to the problem is my ASIO drivers.
gmp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 13:18:31 (permalink)
microapp
gmp, have you looked in the event viewer to see if the error is logged there ?
If it is logged, it should tell you what generated the error.
Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer
Look in the logs for all the sources. In the upper left . System, Windows, Apps,etc.

I haven't looked at the event viewer, but I have saved a minidump and sent that to Cakewalk when I got a runtime error. Should I check the event log after any runtime crash or should I check it after reverting to my 10/23 image and waiting for my first runtime error? The runtime errors can start almost right away or it may take 30 min or so. Once something from the internet does it's thing then I consistently always get runtime errors.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
microapp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 14:08:40 (permalink)
By default, the errors will remain the log. It is likely that ALL the errors you have experienced recently are still there.
The update error you describe does not appear to be associated with Sonar, so Cake is probably no help here.
The event viewer is a Windows thing so you can change Sonar versions and not effect the error events in the log.
As long as Windows does not bluescreen and the error does not otherwise hang your PC, the error should be in the event log.

Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
dlion16
  • Total Posts : 391
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 14:10:08 (permalink)
I think there are three factors at work here. Ms made two changes in the Dec13 that directly affect us - a change in timing that exposed old cw code that needs to be  updated - and a change in the way windows communicates with audio drivers. 

Three weeks ago I could play an mp3 or mp4 in Vlc. Didn't matter what sample rate the adapter was set to at the time, it reset the adapter to the clip's rate, played the clip, then reset the adapter to what it was on exit. Now, if the adapter is not set correctly for the clip, I get no audio. I can pause playback, open the adapter control panel, reset it, return to vlc and unpause, now I have audio. 

I know there is a driver issue because vegas has crashed frequently lately, and when I close the crash window, I see the speaker icon with a red line through it saying no audio device available. In the middle of a video session. If I uninstall the reinstall the audio driver alls well for a while… 

I've also seen on other forums that ms uninstalls legacy 1394 firewire drivers as part of updates. I now keep the legacy 1394 driver on the desktop to reinstall whenever ms has removed it… 

I was going to update my m-audio firewire 1814 to an m-audio express after the holiday. Now I'll wait until cw chimes in again. 

SONAR Platinum Lifetime 64-bit; Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen.; KRK Rokit 5; ASUS P9X79; INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ;
850 WATT POWER SUPPLY; EVGA NVIDIA GTX560 TI 1GB;
Windows 10 Home 64-bit; 32GB RAM;
2 Internal SSD Drives, 3 External USB drives.
microapp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 14:22:32 (permalink)
gmp
microapp
gmp

I'd like to know how to disable all the Windows phoning home stuff. Can you explain please.

Every night I turn off my PC, I leave Win Updates service disabled always, except right before I install a new Plat version. Then I enable it and get all the updates done. Many times when I disable any service I'll usually also hit stop, but maybe not always. After I update Plat, I make a new image file.

I have some other settings for autoupdates for when it is enabled. I always get a popup message saying there are Win updates available and if I'd like to download and install them. So to my knowledge MS will never update anything without my permission.

Gerry,
Take a look here about phoning home.
http://www.howtogeek.com/224616/30-ways-windows-10-phones-home/

You mention Google. If you have ANY Google product (Google earth,calendar,etc) you will see a googleupdate service running. You can disable it but I find it will usually create another instance. Also the Firefox browser connects to a Google IP address and I am unable to stop that since it is built in . I assume Chrome will do the same.
I would disable Sonar phoning home (analytics) as well but this has nothing to do with updates.
I think the new Sonar start menu also phones home...again irrelevant to updates.

Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
microapp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 14:36:04 (permalink)
dlion16
I think there are three factors at work here. Ms made two changes in the Dec13 that directly affect us - a change in timing that exposed old cw code that needs to be  updated - and a change in the way windows communicates with audio drivers. 

Three weeks ago I could play an mp3 or mp4 in Vlc. Didn't matter what sample rate the adapter was set to at the time, it reset the adapter to the clip's rate, played the clip, then reset the adapter to what it was on exit. Now, if the adapter is not set correctly for the clip, I get no audio. I can pause playback, open the adapter control panel, reset it, return to vlc and unpause, now I have audio. 

I know there is a driver issue because vegas has crashed frequently lately, and when I close the crash window, I see the speaker icon with a red line through it saying no audio device available. In the middle of a video session. If I uninstall the reinstall the audio driver alls well for a while… 

I've also seen on other forums that ms uninstalls legacy 1394 firewire drivers as part of updates. I now keep the legacy 1394 driver on the desktop to reinstall whenever ms has removed it… 

I was going to update my m-audio firewire 1814 to an m-audio express after the holiday. Now I'll wait until cw chimes in again. 

I have not yet seen WU revert to non-legacy 1394 drivers but I will certainly check this out. My FW-1884 latency is awful w/o the legacy drivers and it is something that may go unnoticed unless a problem occurs.
I am worried they may drop the legacy(kernel-mode) firewire driver all together. If that happems, it is new interface time.

Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
dlion16
  • Total Posts : 391
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/19 14:47:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rad3g 2016/12/20 13:57:23
what i'm saying re:firewire is that the death knell is already sounding. they delete the legacy 1394 driver and change the way the firewire audio driver works.

i'm ready for a new interface, i'm looking at the motu audio express. i'd hate to buy a new interface and face the same issues. so i'll wait until the cw side of the equation has stabilized...

SONAR Platinum Lifetime 64-bit; Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen.; KRK Rokit 5; ASUS P9X79; INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ;
850 WATT POWER SUPPLY; EVGA NVIDIA GTX560 TI 1GB;
Windows 10 Home 64-bit; 32GB RAM;
2 Internal SSD Drives, 3 External USB drives.
Grave Protocol
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 18:28:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby awakerman 2016/12/20 18:52:19
Here is an update on my instability issues that began after some Windows 10 update, not sure which one. First some relevant facts:

ASUS Sabertooth x58 mobo - crux of the problem.
Saffire Pro 14
SSD, a bunch of HDDs.
Core i7-950 @ 4Ghz, 24Gb RAM.

This motherboard shipped with two different controllers for hard drives - 4 ports by Intel at 3Gb/s, 2 ports by Marvell at 6Gb/s.  These two ports' driver was the poison. After running LatencyMon I found the Marvell 91xx driver (which had my DAW's SSD on it) was causing all sorts of problems and latency. So I switched the SSD containing Sonar to an Intel port, and *SPARKLES* problems gone (for now.)  I just worked for an hour and a half straight with no crashes or audio dropouts.  I haven't been able to do this for over a month. So happy now!

Admins, maybe put this post somewhere more appropriate?  A topic for compatibility issues that get solved maybe..

My music: https://soundcloud.com/grave-protocol
Core-i7 950 @ 4Ghz
24Gb RAM
SSD Main Drive
gmp
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 20:39:06 (permalink)
Well everyone, especially abacab, there has been a big development today. All of a sudden with me not doing anything, I'm not getting any more runtime errors. In disbelief, I've rebooted several times, double clicked a CWP file and it all opens fine, no runtmie error.

What is going on? Is it Cakewalk or MS or some mystery player?  I stopped all testing on monday, reverted back to my working image file and just worked as normal, getting runtime errors a few times just to check it, then today it's all changed.

I'd love to get an explanation from either Cakewalk or MS or whoever? Keep in mind I'm one of those just using 2016.09, never have even tried 2016.11 and reverted back to my 10/23 image several times. Has anyone else noticed any improvements?

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
Rayman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 20:47:51 (permalink)
Sonar crashes when I close a project if during the session I added and or removed any UAD plug-ins.
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 20:59:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rayman 2016/12/30 17:20:23
Make sure you check the OP for an update that includes a couple of possible work-arounds

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

abacab
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 21:36:59 (permalink)

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Instability with certain Cakewalk plugins after recent Windows 10 updates 2016/12/20 22:35:36 (permalink)
Thanks Lance!! Much appreciated. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1