*AMAZING* WaveRT in Vista X32 CREAMS both ASIO and WDM in Win XP X32 !!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
dstrenz
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1067
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:22:22 (permalink)
Just wanted to say thank you for all the time testing you've put into all of this and sharing your results here!

Some of My Stuff
Modulation
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 492
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:37:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jim Roseberry

then you come challange my level of knowledge/expertise.

You know the truth as well as I do. Anyone can build the exact same daw that you can. It's no amazing secret and has nothing to do with your experience. It's painfully obvious that anyone can do what you do. I'll say it gain, anyone can build any of your daws and achieve exactly what you do. And for a lot less money too. Just order the exact same parts you use from newegg.
What diff does your 14 years experience make if I, or anyone else, can make the exact same machine that you do?
Besides, all I'm challenging is the assertion that Vista can't be used in a DAW. It's incredible that this even needs to be stated. If you'd left it at that, this wouldn't need to keep going. Instead, you've needed to keep reverting to insults to make your points.
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:40:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Susan G

Hi Sandro-
Hi Susan. Are you trying to get into it with me too?

I'm not trying to "get into it" with anyone. You keep saying Jim is "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG", and you're "RIGHT". Jim isn't my "friend", but I do respect his opinions, he built a great DAW for me, and for you to call him flat out "WRONG" isn't right.

-Susan

Well, Susan, he is/has been wrong in asserting that Vista can't be used professionally or by professionals. And he has been insulting and condescending to anyone that has claimed otherwise. That is what isn't right. I'm sorry you can't see that.
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:43:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fred Holmes

Oops - Sorry, thought this was a thread about aiso4all
Fred

Not anymore it seems, as OzziesFurHat , it's about a pissing contest now.
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:45:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dstrenz

Just wanted to say thank you for all the time testing you've put into all of this and sharing your results here!

I agree with this and have always said so as well. It's a good thing. A useful tool. But no excuse or free pass to insult those that use Vista or something other than what they recommend.
Tonmann
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:53:54 (permalink)
"How to make a fool of oneself, lesson one"
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:58:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Tonmann

"How to make a fool of oneself, lesson one"
Lesson two. Accept that a pro is defined by a DAW builder.
kp
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1496
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 08:59:07 (permalink)
I'm not going to criticise Jim since I've always known him to be on the money, since way back in the old Cakewalk newsgroup days, but Modulation does have one good point: there are a lot of people in the DAW world who get labelled experts and their every word is taken as gospel, despite them continually stating provably incorrect technical facts. But because they've got the expert label, it's seemingly impossible to demonstrate to the majority that they're at fault.
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:08:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kp

I'm not going to criticise Jim since I've always known him to be on the money, since way back in the old Cakewalk newsgroup days, but Modulation does have one good point: there are a lot of people in the DAW world who get labelled experts and their every word is taken as gospel, despite them continually stating provably incorrect technical facts. But because they've got the expert label, it's seemingly impossible to demonstrate to the majority that they're at fault.

I'm not criticizing Jim or any of the experts in anything expect two things. 1. The assertion that Vista can't be used for pro work. This is outright foolish to say. 2. The insulting and condescending way they have acted towards anyone that says they use Vista in a pro way.

The rest, I'm happy and grateful for them sharing their testings and results. It adds to the pool of knowledge that can help in choosing good DAW parts. And they also provide a good service to the neophyte by building solid daws for them.
Tonmann
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:14:13 (permalink)
I don't care about who is who here, but from the technical sight Jim is "unfortunately" right. Vista has (still) a way too high system latency compared to XP.
And until there are sufficient drivers/3rd party support for Vista64 is see no sense in changing to Vista.
If I got him right, that was what Jim als wanted to point out.

cheers,
Chris

...maybe I never realized the joy till the joy was gone...
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:25:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Tonmann

I don't care about who is who here, but from the technical sight Jim is "unfortunately" right. Vista has (still) a way too high system latency compared to XP.
And until there are sufficient drivers/3rd party support for Vista64 is see no sense in changing to Vista.
If I got him right, that was what Jim als wanted to point out.

cheers,
Chris

He may be 'technically correct ' that Vista has a higher system latency. It doesn't seem relevant to Sonar Daw users. But whatever. I've just had a problem with the smug and condescending insults and attitude. And with the assertion that Vista can't be used in a pro way. If Stevie Wonder used DOS 1.O and a monkey, he would still be a pro. And if he used Vista, he would still be a pro. My point has always been that a pro is defined by their results, not by their tools.
Psychobillybob
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 882
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:36:16 (permalink)
Apparently "Pro" in this thread means
DAW builder...in which case those guys are still wrong because I built my own daws and ran Vista on them.

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
gordonrussell76
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1879
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:46:18 (permalink)
Modulation

I have read this thread, just out of interest becuase I am keeping a watching eye on VISTA, until more 3rd parties are compatable its not for me. But I am holding off on building my new DAW for another year, because I really think it has potential (plus those Quads just keep getting cheaper :))

I have read all the posts, and I get what your saying which is using Direct Monitoring bypass's the latency issue and means you can achieve great results. Hell I do this a lot using XP even though I have a powerful enough system to achieve low latency, for me its just more convenient sometimes than playing yoyo with the latency settings.

However for people who use a lot of softsynths and realtime effects like Guitar Rig etc, this is just not an option, and low latency is paramount. Therefore it is widely accepted by most people to a be a pretty important bench mark.

I think Jim and others have been right in posting warning about this so that people can weigh there opinion and consider it.

To suggest that its misleading also suggest that everyone in this forum is less intelligent than you and will follow Jim's recomendations like sheep. Er no.

Finally I found your attacks on Jim to be petty, and as for your attack on Susan, who is a valued humble and exemplarly member of this forum, for trying to gently point out to you that you might wish to see things from a different angle.

Well as someone said an abject lesson in how to make and idiot of yourself.

I recommend you get one of these get rid of that nasty chip you seem to have on your shoulder.

G
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:54:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gordonrussell76

Modulation

I have read this thread, just out of interest becuase I am keeping a watching eye on VISTA, until more 3rd parties are compatable its not for me. But I am holding off on building my new DAW for another year, because I really think it has potential (plus those Quads just keep getting cheaper :))

I have read all the posts, and I get what your saying which is using Direct Monitoring bypass's the latency issue and means you can achieve great results. Hell I do this a lot using XP even though I have a powerful enough system to achieve low latency, for me its just more convenient sometimes than playing yoyo with the latency settings.

However for people who use a lot of softsynths and realtime effects like Guitar Rig etc, this is just not an option, and low latency is paramount. Therefore it is widely accepted by most people to a be a pretty important bench mark.

I think Jim and others have been right in posting warning about this so that people can weigh there opinion and consider it.

To suggest that its misleading also suggest that everyone in this forum is less intelligent than you and will follow Jim's recomendations like sheep. Er no.

Finally I found your attacks on Jim to be petty, and as for your attack on Susan, who is a valued humble and exemplarly member of this forum, for trying to gently point out to you that you might wish to see things from a different angle.

G

Sorry you see it that way. You've obviously missed the points I've been making.

And I in no way attacked Susan. Where did you get that from? I just cleared up why I said Jim and the others are wrong on two specific areas.

And, like many of actual Vista users have been saying, You can use Vista in the way you describe :

"However for people who use a lot of softsynths and realtime effects like Guitar Rig etc, this is just not an option, and low latency is paramount. "

I do that all the time. Low latency is paramount to me too. I have been doing that since I first got Vista several months ago. Try it for yourself and see.

edit------Nice sander BTW. I've always liked Bosch tools.
post edited by Modulation - 2008/01/30 09:56:26
soundtweaker
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1036
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 09:56:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jim Roseberry

Hi Jim,

So do we really have to worry about system latency if audio latency performs well?
and what is system latency exactly?

My point is this...
High system latency is a negative in regards to any realtime application. It makes the system more prone to drop-outs/glitches/etc. (for the reason Chris mentioned above)
MMCSS is a means by which Vista circumvents the problem of higher system latency.
Until v7.02, there was a problem with ultra low latency performance under Vista.
I suspect this is related to MMCSS
Now that you can successfully circumvent the underlying problem (new developement as of 7.02), it's certainly much less of a factor.
However, what happens if you want to run an app that doesn't use MMCSS?
If Vista had the same (low) system latency as WinXP, this would all be a moot point. All low-latency problems would be gone...
You wouldn't need MMCSS (WinXP runs great without it).
Doesn't it make more sense to solve the problem at the source... than to provide workaround (band-aid) type solutions?

Ok I skimmed over that site and its starting to makes sense now.
So what its saying is certain problematic hardware being enabled could effect system latency?

Would turning off certain services in Vista effect system latency as well?

and does this tool somehow bypass Vista services?

post edited by soundtweaker - 2008/01/30 09:59:29
gordonrussell76
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:08:00 (permalink)
Modulation

Other people are allowed to have opinions. In my opinion you went for Susan, in my opinion you are behaving like a whining spoilt child.

Its also my opinion you have no ability to be self critical and that your very very insecure, which is why you refuse to back down, even though each of your posts increasingly make you look stupid.

Maybe consider geting some therapy or laid, whichever is the cheapest for you.

G
jimack
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1814
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:11:11 (permalink)

Original: Modulation

You and the others like you are WRONG in stating that Vista can't be used professionally or by professional.

Mod, this is what I don't understand. When did he ever say this? I don't believe I've ever seen Jim or Scott say what you're claiming in this sentence. I don't believe anybody ever said "Vista can't be used professionally or by professionals". From what I've read, they've only suggested that it MIGHT NOT be the best choice. Big difference.

-- Jim

Sonar 7 PE, P5 v2.5, 3.4Ghz P4, 2GB RAM, MAudio 2496PCI, Event TR6, PodXT, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-C3, MAudio Axiom 61, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 5296, Fender Strat, Larrivee D03R, Martin D12-28, Martin D16-R, etc
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:12:55 (permalink)

Modulation

Other people are allowed to have opinions. In my opinion you went for Susan, in my opinion you are behaving like a whining spoilt child.

Its also my opinion you have no ability to be self critical and that your very very insecure, which is why you refuse to back down, even though each of your posts increasingly make you look stupid.

Maybe consider geting some therapy or laid, whichever is the cheapest for you.

G

What in what I said went to far with Susan? And since you are allowing opinions, can I have one too?

I have no problem being self critical and have backed down many times in this and other threads already. I think it says more about you that you choose to attack me personaly.

I like your avatar BTW. Looks sweet.
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:17:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jimack

Original: Modulation

You and the others like you are WRONG in stating that Vista can't be used professionally or by professional.

Mod, this is what I don't understand. When did he ever say this? I don't believe I've ever seen Jim or Scott say what you're claiming in this sentence. I don't believe anybody ever said "Vista can't be used professionally or by professionals". From what I've read, they've only suggested that it MIGHT NOT be the best choice. Big difference.

Do I have t do your research for you? Try reading post #41 in this thread for starters. Then go back a few weeks to the big Vista thread that I was a part of.

But this I would have no problems with:
"from what I've read, they've only suggested that it MIGHT NOT be the best choice. Big difference."

Jon Bryson
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 377
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:29:06 (permalink)

Modulation

I recommend you get one of these get rid of that nasty chip you seem to have on your shoulder.

G

+1 , esp. about implications that the rest of us are less intelligent because we value Jim and Scott's advice. And yes, I read the whole thread.

Knowledge is knowing what parts to buy from NewEgg.
Experience is knowing how to tweak it out for optimal performance. If I go in for heart surgery I want the guy who's well into 4 digits working on me, not the guy who's done it 4 times.

Experience matters.

Jon

Junski
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1570
Modulation
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:41:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jon Bryson

+1 , esp. about implications that the rest of us are less intelligent because we value Jim and Scott's advice. And yes, I read the whole thread.

Experience is knowing how to tweak it out for optimal performance. If I go in for heart surgery I want the guy who's well into 4 digits working on me, not the guy who's done it 4 times.

Experience matters.

Jon

When did I ever imply that the rest of 'you' are any less intelligent for following a Daw builders advice? The conclusions you guys are making are way off.

I'm only contending two points. I'll repeat them again. 1. That Vista can't be used professionally of by professionals.

2. The insulting and condescending way they have acted towards anyone that claims otherwise. That's it.

I've gone out of my way over and over again to state that their expertise is valuable and that I am grateful for them sharing it.

You guys are seeing what you want to see. Which again, says more about you that me.
vksf01
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 342
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:46:51 (permalink)
actually, it's a thread about who has a bigger penis

Fred

Tonmann
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 10:55:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: vksf01

actually, it's a thread about who has a bigger penis

Fred

And here's the winner!

Psychobillybob
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 882
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:23:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Modulation

ORIGINAL: Jon Bryson

Experience matters.

Jon

When did I ever imply that the rest of 'you' are any less intelligent for following a Daw builders advice? The conclusions you guys are making are way off.

I'm only contending two points. I'll repeat them again. 1. That Vista can't be used professionally of by professionals.

2. The insulting and condescending way they have acted towards anyone that claims otherwise. That's it.

I've gone out of my way over and over again to state that their expertise is valuable and that I am grateful for them sharing it.

You guys are seeing what you want to see. Which again, says more about you that me.

Modulation has been consistant with this, and it was my reason for ever piping in to begin with.

Ya know I was on the Cakewalk forum back in the days when Ted Perlman* thought he was the expert and treated everyone like crap, especially if they disagreed with him.

The label "expert" is very misleading.

I finally got tired of his bs and condescending attitude and called him out for it.

He quit, and took all his "expert" experience with him.

Somehow the rest of us survived, in spite of the Applebees lost endorsment.

To suggest that Vista is not ready for prime-time as an expert opinion seems a little arrogant to me since I know many "pro" using it every day in studio environments.

I am not disagreeing with the sentiment that it has room for improvement, and if you are running a lot of soft synths and do tons of "different" plug-ins then sure follow the advice given.

But we have run 166 instances of plug-ins during mix-down with no problem.

Everyone of our engineers that has run the Vista workstation DAW is going home and changing their home systems to Vista because they like it so much.

And sure in a pure test environment where you sit with some latency proggy and a stop watch Xp probably goes a little faster.

But in real world application, Vista "feels" faster, is more robust than XP was at this stage in the development process and hasn't crashed on us once.

If you're building a DAW then by all means ask the daw-builders, but if you're recording in a studio environment maybe you should check with guys actually running studios.

I don't ask my auto mechanic for medical advice and don't go to my doctor to get my car tuned up.

And one further note, if you build systems for resale then your problems/needs and experience are going to be different from others simply by business design, doesn't make you right or wrong, just different.

I have walked into the studio and heard great sounds coming from amps by other engineers that I could never get to perform for me, I don't change what I do because I know what works for me, but I no longer get to bash that amp for poor sounds because the proof exist that that amp CAN perform.

The Bible has a wonderful little verse about not judging another mans servant, and I think it can be applied here, Vista is just a servant as is XP, you tell your servant what to do and I'll tell my servant what to do, but lets not sit as judges over other men (and womens) servants.

* by the way, Teds biggest gripe and meanest attitude always seemed to be aimed at anyone using an AMD based system, he was convinced they could never perform as well as an Intel based machine...Jim probably corrected this misconception, to which we owe Jim a huge "atta-boy"
post edited by Psychobillybob - 2008/01/30 11:43:08

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
jcschild
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3409
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:43:09 (permalink)
WOW i go home and to bed and look at all the fun i missed.

Thanks Andy and a few others.

it would seem that a few thing are needed to be defined.

1) Pro (while this could be debated) someone who makes their primary living from recording (or has in the past)(of which i am not nor have i ever claimed to be)
and has been doing so for more than a few yrs. mind you this does not make you Chuck Ainlay, Rory Caplan, Paul Haslinger, Ed Cherney, Frank Fillipeti etc.
however my knowledge base is a combined input of all my employees (8) 3 of which are “pros” and from 10 yrs servicing the same and all their combined input.

2) why would you use vista?
what makes it a requirement or desire?

Vista 32 bit is a foolish move. it requires more resources than XP, offers no improvements in performance over XP (and in fact less performance) leaves less resources available to an already beleaguered
32 bit environment, has potential for many older (and newer apps) to not work, and possible driver issues. (yes it is much better than a yr ago but the potentials are still there)

now if all you do is track and mix with little or no samples, don’t need input monitoring or low latency and your total track count is fairly lite it aint gonna matter much anyway. (assuming all your software and drivers work)
(this is the average “what? Vista works great for me guy”) (not trying to offend anyone)

Vista 64: well this one is obvious. guys who are sample based who need more ram. if you do NOT fit in this category than you have no reason to go to 64 bit, if you are not adding 8 gig+ of ram
You have no reason to go Vista 64. Stick with XP and access to 3 of the 4gig or ram. The added 1gig by going 64bit is not worth the hassle, not to mention 4 gig on Vista is less resources than 3gig on XP. Plus the HAL still needs memory allocation and it gets worse with UAD/Poco.
the above negative about vista 32 are increased in 64bit. ( I so wish it were that simple)

3) true 64 bit. i could write 20 paragraphs on this alone. got news for you Sonar(nor any sequencer) is NOT true 64 bit when or if... you use ANY 32 bit apps/plug-ins/samples including the majority of those that come with Sonar or (insert name here)
i wont go into all the issues of Sonar 64 (and again insert others) in 64 bit.

95% of 3rd party apps are NOT large memory address aware, while one would assume each could access their 1.5-2.5G of ram and corporately use 8 gig (or more)this unfortunately
Is not that easy . Bit bridge comes into play in order for this to happen and it puts severe strain on the CPU.
Could we over compensate? Sure if you want to buy a dual quad Xeon and 16 gig ram. And still realize even after all that your still living on bleeding edge.

Plus a lot of these apps are looking for a certain memory allocation between 000 and fff with 64 bit upper memory areas sometimes cant even be accessed. (this is what bit bridge attempts to do for software but sometimes its hard coded into the app and wont work or confuses the app and adds delay, more memory re-writes, more branch command error in the cpu.

Ooops sorry getting too technical…

Now for clarification Koodoos to Cake for being so far out front on the 64 bit. The issue is not cake but mostly again 3rd party apps. (just in case anyone may think I am slighting cake)

SO whats a PRO to do?
If you’re NOT a composer or heavy samples user who is running out of ram long before cpu
You have no good reason to migrate to Vista as it’s a loss of performance unless you intend to overcompensate and deal with the potential pitfalls.

If you are a composer buy VSL or eastwest play ready (still very limited) and make sure you don’t use a single 32 bit plug-in.

Or what all real pro composers do
Use multiple slave computers on XP.

At least until 95% of 3rd party apps are re-written to be 64 bit and large address aware past 4gig.

Written by a guy who was so excited to hear about 64bit OS and still waiting for it to be a reality

Scott
ADK
Home of the Kentucky Fried DAW!
jcschild
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3409
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:46:00 (permalink)
LOL
i hear ya on mr Ted.
if i ever get to be like him please let me know...
the funny thing is Jim actually got him to buy an AMD after all too dang funny.

Scott
ADK
Home of the Kentucky Fried DAW!
gordonrussell76
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:53:51 (permalink)
Jon Bryson

Agreed, I have built my own PC's but I have been very lucky in that my day job I am surrounded by guys that know this stuff back to front. There are so many intricicies, you can't just buy componnents you have to know which one work best with which, etc etc. Even then I still covet a system built by the likes of Jim, becuase my guys know generic stuff taht works well together, Jim and Scott etc know what works specifically for audio.

Would I build again myself, posibly yes, becuase money is a consideration. What makes Jim adn Scott input to this forum even more astounding is when you consider I have seen them help and answer peoples questions and offer advice who are building their own PC's. SOme less enlightened would not do so hoping they would fail and then buy there product, but these guys actively try and put themselves out of business :)

Muziekschuur at home
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1442
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:56:03 (permalink)
I went to that website which offers that tool to show system latency (wich seems to be low enough, only when some poor drivers are on the system this is an issue (so the tool says). I read the little pdf too. It says Windows is a bad Realtime OS. Now to ask a question about that..... Wich OS is a good REALTIME OS? And what defines a good REALTIME OS?

Thanks,

Muziekschuur

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Windows 7 32bit & 64bit (dualboot) Gigabyte mobo Intel dual quad 9650 & 4GB Ram RME DIGI9636 & Tascam DM24.  M-audio Rbus & SI-24 Alesis Pro active 5.1 & Radford 90 transmissionline monitors. Roland RD-150 piano Edirol UM-880 & alesis fireport.
Remote recording Alesis HD-24 & Phonic MRS 1-20.
P.A. D&R Dayner 29-8-2 & behringer MX8000 (& racks)
Rackpc Sonar Platinum with win10 AMD X6 1055T, 16GB Ram
 Dell inspiron 17R 6gb ram W10 two SSD's Sonar Plat.
Eric1300r
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 243
RE: *AMAZING* WaveRT results in Vista X32 with Sonar 7 2008/01/30 11:59:55 (permalink)
For some reason I'm getting flashbacks from the SNL's "Your Company's Computer Guy" sketch.

Can we end this thread....please?

It's already so long that no one new is going to bother to read thru all of it. So it really has just turned into an ugly argument between a few people with no point.

1) Sonar performance using Vista has improved.
2) And every one's opinion should be respected regardless of expert status (not to be confused with high post count) or not.
Enough said.

Peace,
Eric

Sonar 7SE (7.0.2)
Vista 32bit
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1