Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 11
Author
cjlinus
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 446
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/07 08:05:10 (permalink)
Randy,

Now for another MultiMix Question. The manual states that the inputs on channels 5-8 are ballanced. Does that mean they are TRS? I want to buy a preamp so that I can run the last 4 channels using an external channel strip and XLR connectors for the mics. This should also give me the option of turning on only one or two phantom supplies instead of having all the XLR ins with pantom power on. I'm hoping to get a ribbon mic pair soon and dont want to worry about blowing the mics up.
Anyway, I tried to run channels 5-8 with a XLR to TRS cable and the SM-57 I hooked up wouldn't work, yes it does work fine on the other inputs. If I buy a preamp with XLR ins and TRS outs will I get a good signal?

Thanks,

When I was a kid we had to use Portastudios, uphill! both ways!!

Listen to my songs here
randy
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 261
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/07 09:06:59 (permalink)
The SM 57 is a dynamic microphone and doesn't use phantom power, did you have the faders up on the channels you tried it on? If channels 5-8 are line level inputs then you will not get same signal strength out of them as you do out of the XLR mic inputs. The reason being that the XLR inputs have a preamp that you can turn up.

From the looks of it you could plug the 1/4 inch jack below the XLR mic and use the preamp gain and faders set to 0db. From what I understand a TRS jack is balanced.

Did you have the channel selected (5-8) in your recording program when trying the SM 57?
Yes a Preamp will give you more gain on the line level channels (5-8), but I would try using the ones on the Alesis first and experiment some before I bought one.

If I remember the manual right you can have a 1/4 inch jack plugged in below one of the mic (XLR) plug ins and the phantom power will not effect it, check the manual first though. Phantom power is not suppose to affect a dynamic microphone, or some of them at least.

randy
bvideo
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1707
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/07 12:52:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cjlinus

Randy,

Thanks for posting the settings, I hope they show up soon. I'm kind of wondering if alot of the problems people are having are related to not having the MultiMix control pannel and Sonar/Acid/GuitarTracks settings the same. I am wondering if you leave the WMD box checked and if you've used the Sonar specific settings as described by Alesis. Is there any advantage you know of with using kernel streaming?

Bill,

Please check and make sure that both the mixer and Cakewalk are set the same. The problems I've seen with both recording and playback seem to be related to the settings not matching.

cjlinus,
Normally my mixer and Sonar (HS-4) are the same, and WDM is UNchecked, and not using kernel streaming. For kicks, I tried setting the mixer differently from Sonar. When Sonar starts up, it sets the mixer back to the same rate as the project. (That is with the CPU affinity workaround in place.) If I try harder, I can get the mixer and Sonar on different frequencies, but then Sonar freaks out completely and can't even be killed by the task manager.

to All,
I have recently found that the "hyperspace" playback problem happens much more readily when the project is playing back acid-style loops, either in the loop explorer or on the timeline. Without loops, the playback problem is only occasional. With the CPU affiity for Sonar.exe set to only CPU 1, these playback problems go away.

Survey: For those that have this playback problem, is there anyone who has it on a single CPU system? Hyperthreaded? For those on a dual CPU, is the problem fixed by the workaround I described above?

For me, when it happens, the timeline starts playing back at a crazy speed. As cjlinus says, "if you've heard it you know what I mean." Audio spits out noise and MIDI plays very fast. The Sonar screen is generally responsive, but when exiting, Sonar leaves behind a process that is using a whole CPU, and it has to be killed by the task manager. Another thing that happens when Sonar reaches this condition is that the user interface goes dead when trying to go to the mixer settings panel, and again needs to be killed through task manager.
Thanks In Advance to all who respond to this informal survey (wystan - thank you for your earlier response).
Bill B.
cjlinus
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/08 07:58:37 (permalink)
Bill,

I'm using a P-IV so I guess the dual core stuff doesn't mean much to me. Does Sonar 6 deal with these problems? I know it's a marketing conspiracy the way that new hardware makes your old software need new versions that need new hardware.

Randy,

I've sure that the connections and volumes are up, I think that your right about the gain on 5-8. I will have to buy a preamp to use channels 5-8 with mics the way I want to. The manual does state that those channel inputs are ballanced and the block diagram shows TRS connectors so I should have the option of using TRS out or XLR to TRS cables to connect from the preamp to the mixer.

Listen to my songs here
bvideo
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/08 09:24:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cjlinus

Bill,

I'm using a P-IV so I guess the dual core stuff doesn't mean much to me. Does Sonar 6 deal with these problems? I know it's a marketing conspiracy the way that new hardware makes your old software need new versions that need new hardware.

cjlinus,
Is your P-IV hyperthreaded? For practical purposes, you may qualify as dual CPU in the task manager. If your last remaining playback problem was fixed by your pcmcia card, I'd still be interested to know what 1394 chipset it has and what chipset it replaced.
I don't know about Sonar 6. The feature set doesn't mention any bugs fixed and I didn't see the feature "Works seamlessly with Alesis Multimix Firewire 8-12-16". I did see this: "Take your productions deeper with superior support for multi-processor and multi-core computers."
Bill
cjlinus
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2006/09/08 20:56:25 (permalink)
Bill,

It's a TI I guess it's a 1394a. Oddly eough the built in firewire is also a TI. I do believe that the change over to 6 pin ports has fixed the problem for me. What exactly is hyperthreading? I have a bad habbit of not learning about these types of things untill I need to know. I should probably buy one of those computers for idiots books if I'm going to keep recording with a DAW.

Listen to my songs here
jimarter
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Could not open device bus(1F) 2006/11/26 17:25:19 (permalink)
This appears to have morphed into another Alesis Firewire Mixer trouble thread. A primary issue to me is that people can't get WDM mode to work and are using the ASIO driver. I had lots of trouble with ASIO when trying to record more than 3 or 4 channels at the same time.

ORIGINAL: Looney

I do get a lot of "snap, crackel, pop", while utilizing the WDM drivers. The ASIO drivers are nice and quite. So I will have to do with what I got untill Alesis comes up with something better. Thanks to every one who posted.
Looney

I had that exact problem but solved it, because in other ways the WDM drivers performed much better (and works with other sound cards), including being able to record more channels at the same time.

The "special note to Sonar users" on the instructions with their drivers is confusing, poorly written and their own techs don't even know what it means. I figured it out eventually and posted it here;
http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.asp?m=685410

Hope that helps
firstodd
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/06 02:55:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bvideo
I have recently found that the "hyperspace" playback problem happens much more readily when the project is playing back acid-style loops, either in the loop explorer or on the timeline. Without loops, the playback problem is only occasional. With the CPU affiity for Sonar.exe set to only CPU 1, these playback problems go away.

Survey: For those that have this playback problem, is there anyone who has it on a single CPU system? Hyperthreaded? For those on a dual CPU, is the problem fixed by the workaround I described above?

For me, when it happens, the timeline starts playing back at a crazy speed. As cjlinus says, "if you've heard it you know what I mean." Audio spits out noise and MIDI plays very fast. The Sonar screen is generally responsive, but when exiting, Sonar leaves behind a process that is using a whole CPU, and it has to be killed by the task manager. Another thing that happens when Sonar reaches this condition is that the user interface goes dead when trying to go to the mixer settings panel, and again needs to be killed through task manager.
Thanks In Advance to all who respond to this informal survey (wystan - thank you for your earlier response).
Bill B.

Old thread, but

I've been fighting this problem for like 2 weeks since I got a FireWire 12... I have the latest driver and firmware from the Alesis website. It does the speed playback/noise thing, and the whole sonar process in task manager thing. Sometimes when I restart the program, it fixes it, sometimes not, and eventually it always just happens (seemingly randomly) again.

This is with ASIO; The WDM drivers just aren't working, they seem to randomly pop the output into a high volume distortion.

I will try the CPU affinity, I'm running a dual core system. Other than that, has there been any updates on this issue? Any resolves? It really sucks when I'm trying to get a song done and have to sit and troubleshoot every five minutes.

Thanks...

Woodbury
bvideo
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/06 09:37:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: firstodd

Old thread, but

I've been fighting this problem for like 2 weeks since I got a FireWire 12... I have the latest driver and firmware from the Alesis website. It does the speed playback/noise thing, and the whole sonar process in task manager thing. Sometimes when I restart the program, it fixes it, sometimes not, and eventually it always just happens (seemingly randomly) again.

This is with ASIO; The WDM drivers just aren't working, they seem to randomly pop the output into a high volume distortion.

I will try the CPU affinity, I'm running a dual core system. Other than that, has there been any updates on this issue? Any resolves? It really sucks when I'm trying to get a song done and have to sit and troubleshoot every five minutes.

Thanks...

Woodbury

Old thread, but same old same old. The drivers now on Alesis website don't work for me. Maybe you can get the older (March 2006) drivers (would Alesis support help?). I found that those drivers can be configured with WDM to work ok. Some config tricks posted by others helped me with that (search). Also, if you are stuck with the equipt, and the ASIO/CPU affinity workaround helps, post it here; there is a programmable way to get the CPU affinity set when you click on a Sonar shortcut. And please tell Alesis support what you have found.

In other news, the PreSonus Firestudio has the same symptom on dual CPU under Sonar, and shares a chipset, DICE II, with the Alesis. I found that a Sonar process thread in diceasio.dll is looping after the audio breakdown, which makes me believe it is the chipset driver.

I wrote to Presonus tech support about all the above and they responded very positively. I am not even a Firestudio owner! (I may eventually wish I were, based on this one tech support's response.) Presonus is actively debugging this problem and so is TC (the chipset vendor). They know how to reproduce this problem. My hope is that there will be TC fixes that eventually make it into the Alesis drivers. Alesis tech support has never given me the impression they take this seriously, ever since I first asked for support a year ago. But please send them your requests/complaints and let them know you know you are not the only Sonar user with this problem.

Bill
firstodd
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/06 23:49:46 (permalink)
Bill,

thanks for the follow up =)

The CPU affinity worked perfect, I recorded a friend (acoustic and vocal) with playback and "through"s working fine. It seemed to make both the "hyperspeed" and random distortion thing go away.

I am stuck with the mixer, but I want to get one of the Mackies w/ firewire. It seems to have much better customer responses, and from people that have sent the MultiMixs back.

So, I will send complaints to Alesis. I don't know if they are just trying to promote Cubase or what, since it does appear that the two have a deal set up, w/ the bundled software and all. Does this problem occur in any other program? Cubase? Logic? I have the same problems in both Sonar 5 and 6... I think it's hardware/drivers too.

Thanks again, I may post whatever Alesis comes up with to tell me.

Woodbury
firstodd
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/09 22:00:39 (permalink)
Hi Tyler,

This channel labeling in Sonar would be normal when the Multimix is using ASIO drivers (which Sonar seems to run better under). The channels are paired together so channel 1 will include channels 1 and 2, channel 3 includes channels 2 and 4, and so on. So if you have an input connected to channels 1 and 2 on the Multimix, you would be able to get a stereo mix sent into a track in Sonar.

Unfortunately the Multimix firewire is not yet Vista compatible. We strive to make all of our products compatible with as many operating systems as possible. As with any major OS upgrade, Microsoft's Windows Vista presents its own set of challenges for users and manufacturers. We are working diligently to make all products Windows Vista compatible and compliant. For the dual core issue, I will forward this for our engineers to look into.

Best Regards,

Justin Baro

Alesis Technical Support

200 Scenic View Drive

Ste.201

Cumberland, RI 02864

401-658-5760

-Due to the high volume of email please include all

original messages when replying to this message.

Gives them a good face, anyway. I can't believe the processor issue dates back as far as it does, though... doesn't give much room for good expectations.

How do you do the thing where it auto sets the affinity when you launch that exe?
post edited by firstodd - 2007/04/09 22:03:26
bvideo
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/10 00:46:55 (permalink)
Tyler,
Let's see if email worked.

I had a phone conversation with Alesis tech support. No one in tech support has a dual CPU setup. But the guy (not Justin Baro) told me the developers know something about it and TC is involved too. Unfortunately it's probably behind Vista and 64-bit in their way of thinking.
Bill
firstodd
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/04/10 03:18:31 (permalink)
I replied to your email.

These "techs" need to upgrade their systems if they aren't running dual core by now. :P
xxtraloud
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 354
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/05/15 01:58:27 (permalink)
have you guys fixed this problem? I am getting scared of getting an Alesis.
firstodd
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/05/15 02:59:10 (permalink)
If your looking for a multi-track recording mixer, and you are stuck on CakeWalk (I have heard of no similiar problems with any other software), I'd maybe recommend investing in the Mackie firewire line found here. Make sure the package you get comes with the firewire add in, because it's not built in and they can come without it. This is what I would invest in instead of the Alesis, that is, if it would be impossible to get my hands on a Digidesign/protools solution.

The Alesis "is" working fine for me right now. You have to run CakeWalk with only one of your cores in your dualcore/multiple cpu system (even though the program itself supports multiple CPUs), and the weird playback problems disappear. Apparently this bug is on Alesis's side, and hasn't been fixed going on a full year or more. The Alesis's come with Cubase so it seems to me they just don't care about anything else, but still promote that it's compatible. Which it is...

Now, I've personally had problems with WDM vs. ASIO in cakewalk, as well. I hear this is fixed by using older drivers, but the only real problem with using ASIO is that it forces you to use the mixer as the output as well, while with WDM you can use your computer's sound card instead.

The MultiMix works, but I've found I waste a lot of time troubleshooting, even now after I have it figured out. But for it's price, it's really the only thing there is. Still, saving up for Digidesign or the Mackie is probably the better option.

hope that helps with your decision ;)

Tyler
sank22
  • Total Posts : 23
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire problems 2007/05/18 11:21:59 (permalink)
Hi,

I spoke with Alesis people before i buy Alesis multimix FW to use in Cakewalk sonar.

They said they do not have any problem with Sonar. I am reading lot of complaint abt some problem here in this Forum.

Is ther any problem with respect to dual core??.

Can anyone Be able to use Sonar with Mulitimix FW.

Plz Post here.

Native Import
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/06/30 19:34:23 (permalink)
Does anybody know how to get the internal effects on the Alesis Multi Mix 16 to work with in recording?

I know how to turn the effects on, off, how to adjust the level and all that other good stuff.

Its just that when I record using the effects its seems that it doesnt record with the effect on even though I can hear the effect via the headphones.

There has to be a way to do this, any suggestions welcome!!
bvideo
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/01 15:08:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Native Import

Does anybody know how to get the internal effects on the Alesis Multi Mix 16 to work with in recording?

I know how to turn the effects on, off, how to adjust the level and all that other good stuff.

Its just that when I record using the effects its seems that it doesnt record with the effect on even though I can hear the effect via the headphones.

There has to be a way to do this, any suggestions welcome!!

There is only one effect processor, not separate ones for each channel. The output goes to "2 trk", which can be recorded on the main stereo input, not on individual channel inputs.
Bill B.
bill52pa
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/10 02:21:26 (permalink)
Hey all,
It is now two years down the line from most of the posts on here. I would have thought they would have cured these problems by now. I just bought a Firewire 12 mixer and have the same problems as you have all been having. I'm in the UK and support is terrible here. Justin Baro in the Staes has been on the ball and responsive. Wish I could say the same about the mixer. My laptop is optimised for recording, have all latest drivers. Mixer worked the first time I tried to use it (Sonar 5 Producer). After that it disappeared never to be seen again.

I have loads of Edirol and Line6 gear. As sounds cards go they just work first time and everytime. Bought the Firewire12 as I thought added bonus of being able to record more than one instrument portablt sounded great. What a waste of money. Let's hope they get some proper technicians to sort this out.

I was originally going to get a Phonic firewire as I had good feedback on it. I should have trusted my original instincts.

Cheers,

Bill Colacicco
Mike Fisher
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1374
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/10 07:58:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bill52pa
Justin Baro in the Staes has been on the ball and responsive. Wish I could say the same about the mixer.

Hi Bill,

Does Justin Baro offer any explanation for all the trouble?

I tried to help a friend of mine set up his MultiMix 16 FireWire and received very poor results. The mixer (drivers) would be there and then disappear as yours did! Even when it was present, the audio was very distorted and unusable.

What is Justin (Alesis) saying about all of this. Are they working on the the problem?
bill52pa
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/10 09:03:49 (permalink)
Hi Mike,

The answer to your question is "no"! All that Justin keeps doing is sending me information on how to optimise my system for recording. With respect, I have 6 other systems all optimised so know that side. I can't believe I only just bought this device and see posts going back for two years regarding the same issues I'm having. Do they even have a technical department? What a total waste of money this was.

They suggested downloading latest drivers. An idiot must have written the accompanying instructions. After downloading latest drivers it made matters worse as it did not even appear to go through the motions of installing drivers. I then tried to re-install original version which came with the cd but kept getting a message that there was a newer version of the software already on the system. Could not find the bloody thin anywhere so went for a system restore.

And the other thing, have they tested this software other than Cubase LE which they seem to push? When I managed to start Sonar after first installing the Multimix it was recognised. I could not figure out how the channels on the devise were being assigned to the tracks in Sonar. Some detailed guidance of what to expect might not go amiss although I would suspect they will respond by saying that is Cakewalk's job. As a matter of interest, has anyone at Cakewalk had given any sensible guidance on this?

Cheers,

Bill
bill52pa
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/10 09:41:03 (permalink)
Hey All,

Here is the full transcription of my various conversation with Justin at Alesis regarding my Firewire12. It might be of help to some of you... but I seriously doubt it.

regards,
Bill

Hi Justin,

After I have seen all of the posts on the Cakewalk forum I find it hard to believe you are suggesting there is something wrong with my firewire ports. Everyone else is having the same problems as me and I can’t see where that was suggested to anyone else as a remedy.
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:26 PM
To: Justin Baro
Subject: RE: alesis firewire 12 mixer - sending again 03 july 07

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the reply. I will go through all details as instructed. My first comment though is: you say use latest drivers from your website. I have not found any there. Can you give me the correct link? I would prefer to try that first.

regards,

Bill

Sent: Wed 04/07/2007 17:39
To: Bill Colacicco
Subject: RE: alesis firewire 12 mixer - sending again 03 july 07
Hello Bill,

Generally we have had great success with the Multimix firewire mixer and the Belkin firewire cards. What specific model of firewire card is this?

I would highly recommend disabling your 1394 Net Adaptor as this can cause driver installation issues. This can be done by:

Hold the Windows key and the Pause Break key down at the same time. This will open up the System properties box. Then go to the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. Click on the + sign next to the Network Adaptor option. Then right click on the 1394 Net Adaptor option and choose disable. Then I would reinstall the latest Multimix drivers from our website.

Also are you running the latest drivers from Microsoft? This can be verified by going to the “Start” menu, choose “Control Panel” and then “Add or Remove Programs.”

Look for the following items in the list:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (or later)

Windows Installer 3.1 (or later)

If one or both of these items does not appear, you must go to www.WindowsUpdate.com and download the latest drivers.

Also I would recommend installing this firewire fix from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CA0F2007-18B5-4112-8BD6-8BF4BD3130B9&displaylang=en

Switch off the "Intel SpeedStep" / "AMD PowerNow!" BIOS option on laptops. Disable antivirus
software, firewalls, wireless networks, energy control that can eat up your performance.
Also press CTRL+Alt+Delete and exit out of any programs running in the background besides the audio application.
Also have you tried another firewire cable?

Best Regards,
Justin Baro

Sent: 03 July 2007 07:54
To: 'supportuk@alesis.com'
Subject: alesis firewire 12 mixer
Hello,
I just purchased a Firewire 12 mixer. I am using an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro. I have a Belkin firewire pcmcia card attached. End use will be with Cakewalk Home Studio version6 .
I installed mixer using the CD provided. I have powered on and off all devices in correct sequence as per your instructions. My laptop only recognised the mixer once after installation. Since then it fails to see it in Windows sound devices and is not being picked up by the system.
I have many other soundcards (Edirol, Line6) which work perfectly on my other pc’s (and considerably less expensive). I bought your device thinking it would be a much better interface for my recording setup. I am extremely disappointed that you cannot provide a system which works first time and every time, especially for the money I paid.
I have read posts in several forums on the internet and it seems I am not the only one with these problems. I hope your tech support is better than the product.
I await your comments.
Regards,
Bill Colacicco

Mike Fisher
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/10 09:56:32 (permalink)
Thanks for the info, Bill. It sounds a lot like the experience I had with my friend's system. He was mostly interested in recording MIDI, so the audio trouble hasn't been a big factor. I would like to get it resolved for him so that when he's ready to record audio there will not be an issue.

The MultiMix seemed like a great solution for him. He needed an audio interface and a mixer to handle several keyboards. I had no idea the driver installation would be so troublesome. Hopefully it will get worked out soon.

Thanks again for the report.
themormansound
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/16 20:12:34 (permalink)
I found that with mine it works every time if i start the computer first and when all the os is loaded etc, i turn on the multimix...

Although, my channel assignments are screwed...

channels 1 - 8 appear as channels 9 - 16 and vice versa anyone else got this problem?
plantfinder101
  • Total Posts : 19
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/07/20 11:21:19 (permalink)
Alesis multimix firewire 8
Pentium 4 3.4 ghz
2 gig Ram

After about 6 months of searching, I've finally found something that will allow my Alesis Multimix Firewire mixer to function (somewhat properly) as a sound card, which Alesis claims its be able to do. I was getting very frequent freezing of any application (Itunes) playing mp3 files during playback. It seemed any process that occurred in the foreground or background including Itunes simply shuffling to the next song would trigger a freeze. I also had some audio dropouts as well but the freezing issue was intolerable.

I've tried every driver and tweak they recommended including buying a new firewire card and nothing worked. I was ready to junk it. I finally found out that disabling Hyperthreading greatly helps (but doesn't totally eliminate) this problem.

I'm wondering how disabling the Hyperthreading might affect my pc performance? I think I might be noticing some slowing in some actions but I'm not sure. Also, is this an acceptable fix given the fact that I probably paid to have a processor with Hyperthreading capabilities? Finally, if anyone has any other suggestions I'd be greatful.

Thanks
Mike
littleblur
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/08/13 07:01:50 (permalink)
Hello to all,

I've noticed that Alesis released new driver and firmware versions not long ago (from Alesis website "Windows driver 3.0.56.2; firmware version 2.0 for the MultiMix FireWire mixers, Updated by Alesis 07/2007).
I was wondering if anyone has already updated news on this version and if does anyone know if all those severe problems are now corrected and one can use the model for PC recording without the reported problems.

Cheers
Mike Fisher
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/08/13 08:00:07 (permalink)
bvideo
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/08/13 09:31:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: littleblur

Hello to all,

I've noticed that Alesis released new driver and firmware versions not long ago (from Alesis website "Windows driver 3.0.56.2; firmware version 2.0 for the MultiMix FireWire mixers, Updated by Alesis 07/2007).
I was wondering if anyone has already updated news on this version and if does anyone know if all those severe problems are now corrected and one can use the model for PC recording without the reported problems.

Cheers

For me all the problems with ASIO went away. Here's a thread about it:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1072303&mpage=1&key=􅲯
plantfinder101
  • Total Posts : 19
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/08/13 10:42:02 (permalink)
not perfect, but much better. Also found switching from Belkin Card to adaptec card helped a lot
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
RE: Alesis MultiMix 16 FireWire 2007/08/22 05:55:35 (permalink)
hey everyone:

Ive had this multimix firewire 12 mixer since April..... never noticed the new drivers becuase i've been busy.....anyway ...downoaded them and they seem to run pretty smooth....

problem is I only get 7 inputs and one out..... so i unistalled the drivers then re installed --- made sure I clicked the 12 channel verion in the firmware -- still only 7 in and one out --- then for the hell of it I installed the firmware as the 16 channel ...and that gave me 9 in and one out.......

well at least it works now without any pops and cracks and crap.... but the manual cleary staes in big bold letters that I would get 12 seperate channels in and 2 channels out --- anyone know anything about this? ......

and yeah .... i had the same problem on the old drivers except they didnt run as smooth.....

I dunno what kind of firewire card I have.... I popped that pci in there about 6 months ago or so.... i think I just bought a whatever looked good at best buy when I bought it cuz i figured eventually i was gunna need a firewire card....maybe its not fast enough ?

What would happen if I hook up 2 fire wire cables to it since it has not slots on the mulitimix for 2 cables? What would that do? Probably nuttin huh ?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1