Anyone using IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction System 2 ?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Anyone using IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction System 2 ? 2013/01/08 11:04:02 (permalink)
Danny Danzi

Freddie H

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arc/index.php?pp=arc-system-video

In my humble opinion, I just say Toys for KIDS!
If you if you have success with it good for you but I think it's better to treat the room correctly. That is a much better solution

Far from a toy. I'd like to see you eq/flatten your monitors with room treatment. :) It's simply not possible. This is what non-believers fail to realize. Even if you don't believe it helps your room, rest assured, it will flatten your monitors better than having a pro come to your studio to do it. If anyone gets anything out of ARC, that alone should be enough.

-Danny

wizard71

And in my humble opinion I say for the ££ it's the best answer to your problems.
Most people either don't have the money or a studio dedicated enough to fill it with real room treatment. ARC is FAR from being a toy for kids.

Bibs
Hey guys!
My statement wasn't meant to be taken so serious. I was just saying. ....with a laught...
I'm sure it compliments any studio and its very good and cost efficient tool to find problems in any room. But I still think you need to control the listen environment with real acoustic treatment, bass traps etc too. Not just rely 100% on ARC.
Clothes and heavy drapes work also as good acoustic treatment material too. Tuning your room to your perfection is not necessarily the same as 100% flat room Danny. Its all about taste too.  But I understand what you mean Danny and you are right!
post edited by Freddie H - 2013/01/08 11:12:27

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re:Anyone using IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction System 2 ? 2013/01/08 11:29:11 (permalink)
BC,
I think you misunderstood.
I'm pretty sure you had the mic signal going back into the speakers during the measurement routine.
You need to make sure your interface is NOT "direct monitoring" during the tests.
Has nothing to do with Sonar.
This is the ONLY explanation I can think of for the "phasey" sound you experience when using ARC in Sonar.

T

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
Atsuko
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 365
Re:Anyone using IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction System 2 ? 2013/01/08 17:19:14 (permalink)
Hi, T,

thank you very much for the answers, it clarified a lot.  I hope I'll get it installed soon.  I have a real litle room, it's just a 2,2m x 2,2m square...

Ane Atsuko

Desktop Intel I7 12GB RAM Win 10 64bit - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen - Roland A-300 PRO - Yamaha HS50M speakers - Sonar Platinum/CbB - Samplitude Pro X3 - Studio One 4 - Melodyne 4 Studio - Ozone 8 Adv - Neutron 2 Adv - RX7 Adv - ARC2 // Notebook Dell I7 8GB RAM Win 10 64bit
TraceyStudios
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 603
Re:Anyone using IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction System 2 ? 2013/01/11 20:07:07 (permalink)
My KRK 10s sub quit working a couple of weeks ago, got used to not having it. It was fixed and received it today. Hooked it up and measured again with ARC, was very suprised how low the volume is on the sub, however combined with the KRK Rokit 8's, it sounds fantastic. didn't need a bunch of low end, however what it added really lets me hear the low end detail. Very pleased!  When I first connected it, I had is cranked up and thumping...sounded pretty bad!  One consistent thing I am learning in all of the video tutorials on groove3 and other things I am reading, is this: a little goes a long way.

AMD FX-6100 six-core processor 3.3GHz
8 Gig RAM
SONAR X3 Producer
Tascam FW1884
Mackie Blackbird
Presonus Digimax
Avalon U5
BFD2
SL Trigger
Alesis DM8 Pro drums
KRK Rokit 8s
KRK 10s