BFD ECO $49.00

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Music Miscreant
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 177
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 13:12:46 (permalink)
Deal not on for the UK guys. They emailed me a couple of days ago. 
twaddle
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1967
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 13:37:48 (permalink)
That's mean
Maybe someone on here could buy it for us and post it over
and we could pay them?  Any offers?
Just a thought :)

Steve

soundcloud  SoundClick  Myspace
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
12GB Corsair DDR3 
1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
Emu- 0404 PCIe 
Sonar X1d Expanded
BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
Dual boot windows 7, 32 & 64bit
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 14:27:53 (permalink)
Musiciansfriend sent me an email which stated the product has been shipped.

Qty   DescriptionTracking Information
1.00 Fxpansion BFD Eco Acoustic Drums Module
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.00 Musician's Friend 2GB USB Flash Drive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.00 Fxpansion Greatest Hits Vol. 1 Expansion Pack
xxxxxxxxx

Shipped Via UPS Ground Service

Peace

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 14:40:06 (permalink)
I understand it uses C/R for licensing: does anyone happen to know if this can be done from a machine other than the DAW where it's installed?   No DAW internet connection here...

This seems like a really good deal, but I want to make sure I'd actually be able to use it.   

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Jesse G
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 14:52:19 (permalink)
I found this on the BFD support site.

Can I run BFD2 on a DAW with no Internet connection?
Yes, as long as you have access to a machine somewhere with Internet connectivity (you're reading this, aren't you?), and a means of moving a small key file between the two machines (a USB memory key, CDRW, floppy disk or iPod would all do nicely).

So it looks like your can install in on your Daw and then register it from another PC by providing the proper credentials from the Software.

Peace

Peace,

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
twaddle
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 15:11:57 (permalink)
If anyone here has a paypal account and is prepared to post to the UK I will reimburse them in full and love them for ever :)
I am serious guys so no funny wise cracks

Steve

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
12GB Corsair DDR3 
1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
Emu- 0404 PCIe 
Sonar X1d Expanded
BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
Ozz
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 332
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 15:21:19 (permalink)
I'm still wondering if you're limited to the grooves included with the software.

I have some groove monkee loops, as well as some Oddgrooves packages, and none of them list BFD. 

I'm no drum programmer, and I don't use e-drums, so I'd like to know that I won't have to alter all the mappings from the stuff I own to use them with this.

(Not that I need this....I recently dropped for EZ drummer and the subsequent crossgrade to Superior, own Battery, Session Drummer 3 and a group buy from Sonic Reality for Kontakt.  So my next question...how does this compare with (to keep it short) Superior drummer.  Mostly sound/samplewise?)

Is there any real reason to pick this up? (other than it seems like a pretty good deal)

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 15:29:48 (permalink)
Yup, killer deal and can ya have too many drums???

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
Rski
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 146
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 15:55:41 (permalink)
I was looking at ECO last summer, got a little discouraged, being north of the 49th, customs crap, taxman grab really raises the price, but the instant rebate makes the package look like a bargain.

Thanks Jesse G, for the heads up.
Jesse G
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 15:56:42 (permalink)
Ok,  from the faqs section, read all of the FAQS about BFD ECO.  Keep in mind that it is a cut down version of BFD and not BFD itself. 

General Information
What is BFD Eco?
BFD Eco is a streamlined software instrument that delivers great-sounding acoustic drum sounds. It is based on the BFD2 engine and can be used with BFD2-compatible expansion libraries.

Can you explain more about the BFD Eco concept?
BFD Eco is a software instrument that presents multi-channel (captured with multiple microphones), multi-articulation (different ways of hitting a drum/hihat/cymbal) drum samples in an efficient, dedicated way. It is capable of playing drum patterns (Grooves) with these sounds, or responding to incoming MIDI in the same way as any MIDI-compatible instrument or sampler.

Tell me more about the multiple microphones and articulations.
As well as direct, close microphones for each part of the kit, two sets of 'ambience' microphones further away from the kit capture the projection and spacial characteristics of the kit within the recording room, by picking up natural reflections and reverberation. Each kit-piece can be played in a number of ways - sidesticks, rims and drag-rolls on the snare, for example, or various positions between open and closed, played on the top surface (tip) and edge (shank) of a hihat. Each of these ways of playing a kit-piece is called an articulation.

What are the differences between BFD Eco and BFD2?
BFD Eco has less detailed sounds and is less feature-packed than BFD2, but it emphasizes ease of use and still contains an immense amount of functionality for the price, especially compared to rival products in a similar price range.

How many different sounds are provided?
There are 5 kicks, 6 snares, 12 toms, 3 hihats and 11 cymbals taken from the BFD2 library, as well as a selection of percussion from the BFD Percussion expansion pack. Over 40 mix-ready presets are provided, each of which features a carefully chosen kit constructed from the available kit-pieces, along with lovingly applied additional tweaking and processing.

Can I use my own samples in BFD Eco?
No, this function is only available in BFD2.

Is there any latency built into BFD Eco?
No, BFD Eco does not add any latency, which is entirely due to the size of the audio buffers used by your audio interface/host application, inherent MIDI latency, and so on.

Can I use BFD Eco without a host?
Yes. BFD Eco is supplied with a standalone version as well as VST, AU and RTAS plugin versions. To get the most out of BFD Eco, however, you should use a host which allows you to synchronize the BFD Eco plugin within a project and use multiple outputs for further processing.

Does BFD Eco support languages other than English?
BFD Eco works in multilanguage operating systems.

The BFD Eco manual will, in time, be translated into other languages. The first translation is likely to be the Japanese version, which is being provided by our Japanese distributor, Media Integration.

What plug-in formats does BFD Eco support?
Presently BFD Eco supports:
- VST 2.3/2.4 and RTAS on Windows
- VST 2.3/2.4, Audio Units and RTAS on Mac OSX

BFD Eco will also run as stand-alone on both Windows and Mac OSX operating systems.

Pricing & availability, licensing and copy protection

What is the copy protection scheme used in BFD Eco?
BFD Eco, and all expansion libraries for use with it, must be authorized via a challenge-response method, with three installs on your own machines allowed simultaneously.
You do NOT need to have an internet connection on the computer on which you install BFD Eco.
You must, however, authorize BFD Eco before it can be used - there is no 'grace period' after installation.
We have tried very hard to make the authorization procedure as pain-free as possible. Please understand that it is necessary for safeguarding your investment in future development and user support for BFD Eco.
BFD Eco does not use iLok or any other unified protection scheme. We do not believe in such systems' security, and would rather not pass on their high cost to our customers.

How many computers can I use BFD Eco on?
You can install on up to 3 machines as long as only 1 is running it at any one time. Site / volume licensing is also available, POA.

Does BFD Eco use a dongle?
No, but it must be authorized online before it can be used. You can do this directly if your machine is connected to the Internet, or via another machine with Internet connectivity by moving a small key file between the two machines (a USB memory key or CDRW can be used for this).

Do I need to re-authorize when installing the OS again or upgrading the OS/hardware?

A new major operating system version is enough of a change that the authorization system will require reauthing BFD Eco; point releases should be fine. Likewise, a significant hardware change will also require re-authorization. We will be monitoring the situation closely and adjusting the flexibility of the authorization system to get the best balance of copy protection and annoyance levels.

If reinstalling an existing OS without changing any hardware, you will be able to save the auth file and simply re-import it when authorizing BFD Eco again.

Do you allow license transfers?
Yes, however:

1. If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.

2. There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.

3. Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be sold or transferred under any circumstances.

4. We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.

Once a transfer is authorised and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.

Sounds, kits and content
How detailed are the built-in library sounds?

Each kit-piece features a maximum of 24 velocity layers, at 16-bit resolution, for each of its articulations. Any expansion pack kit-pieces are also reduced to this detail level when loading them within BFD Eco.

Are there any brushes, mallets, hotrods etc. in BFD Eco?
No, the included kit-pieces are played by sticks only. Several expansion packs are available which include brush, mallet and hotrod sounds.

How many kit-pieces can be loaded into an instance of BFD Eco?
BFD Eco allows you to load the following at once:

- kick
- snare
- hihat
- 3 toms
- 3 cymbals
- 3 percussion

The 3 percussion slots allow you to load cymbal and tom kit-pieces as well as percussion.

Are there any promotional 'demo' kit-pieces included from any expansion packs?
The BFD Eco library includes a small selection of percussion kit-pieces from the BFD Percussion expansion pack.

How will BFD Eco work with FXpansion and 3rd-party expansion packs?
BFD Eco can load kit-pieces from any expansion kit or pack. However, they are loaded as 16-bit sounds with a maximum of 24 velocity layers for each articulation.

In most cases, it is not possible to load BFD2 preset files or kit files, since the difference in architecture between BFD Eco and BFD2 is quite large, and many BFD2 permutations are not possible within BFD Eco. For example, the Sonica JTP pack's kit/preset files cannot be loaded within BFD2, as this would require freely-configurable slots, and more slots than are available within BFD Eco.

Does BFD Eco include bleed?
Yes, but only in certain channels to reduce data size and corresponding resource usage. The kick in mic contains bleed from snares, and the snare bottom mic contains bleed from toms. All bleed from expansion packs is reduced to these channels.

For the uninitiated, bleed involves close, 'direct' microphones only, and is a term used to describe when a drum's sound is picked up by a mic intended for another part of the kit. For example, when the toms are picked up in the snare mic, or when the snare is picked up in the kick mic.

BFD Eco's 'Bleed' parameter allows you to vary the level of kick in/snare bottom bleed channels, or turn them off completely.

Effects & mixing engine

Does BFD Eco feature multiple outputs?
The plugin version of BFD Eco features the following multiple outputs:

1-2 Master: Any signals routed to the Master channel
3-4 OH: Stereo OverHead mic signal � amount of each kit-piece in this channel is set by its channel�s OH Send control
5-6 Room: Stereo Room mic signal � amount of each kit-piece in this channel is set by its channel�s Room Send control
7-8 Aux1: Contents of Aux1 channel
9-10 Aux2: Contents of Aux2 channel
11-12 Kick: The direct output of the Kick kit-piece channel
13-14 Snare: The direct output of the Snare kit-piece channel
15-16 Hihat: The direct output of the Hihat kit-piece channel
17-18 Toms: The direct output of the Toms kit-piece channels (Floor Tom, Mid Tom, Hi Tom)
19-20 Cyms: The direct output of the Cymbals kit-piece channels (Crash, Cymbal, Ride)
21-22 Perc: The direct output of the Percussion kit-piece channels (Perc1, Perc2, Perc3)

Can BFD Eco's effects be used outside it?
No, the included effects are part of BFD Eco and only work within BFD Eco itself.

Can VST or AU plugins be used inside BFD Eco?
No, BFD Eco does not include hosting for VST/AU plugins. However, as the plugin version of BFD Eco features direct outputs from each mixer channel, you can apply further processing on individual channels in your host's mixer.

Is there a built-in artificial reverb as well as the channels of recorded natural ambience?
Yes. BFD Eco includes the high quality Overloud Breverb plate algorithm, as well as TinCanVerb, an emulation of a low-fi trashy reverb.

Can separate EQ and compression be applied to each part of the kit?
Yes. Each drum sound's mixer channel features a built-in EQ and 2 freely-assignable FX slots. These FX slots can be used for any of the included FX, including compression and gating.

I see the DCAM logo on some of the effects. What's that all about?
DCAM is our proprietary analogue circuit modeling technology, and stands for "Discrete Component Analogue Modeling". DCAM enables us to build virtualized electronic circuits in code, the results of which are superbly authentic. You'll already have heard some of the filtering and distortion modelling if you've tried DCAM: Synth Squad or the free Orca synthesizer. The compressors in BFD Eco are very realistic models of 2 of the most well-known studio compressors ever, and sound great even at extreme settings.

How is the BFD Eco mixer laid out?
The mixer architecture is fixed and optimized for ease-of-use, with 12 kit-piece channels, 2 stereo ambience channels, 2 stereo aux channels for parallel processing sends or sub-grouping, and a master stereo output channel, with each channel featuring its own 4-band EQ and 2 FX slots. In the plugin version, each channel can be routed to its own direct output for processing individual channels in your DAW�s mixer. Alternatively, channels can be routed to aux channels or the master channel for mixing internally within BFD Eco.

What is the full list of included FX?
Gain
EQ (with DCAM-modelled filters)
Comp Chan (DCAM-modelled on a well-known limiting amplifier)
Comp Bus (DCAM-modelled on a well-known large format console compressor)
Delay (versatile stereo 2-tap delay line with a 'swing' control for a variety of delay feels)
Filter (simple high and low pass filters)
Flanger
Filter Mod (versatile DCAM-modelled multi-mode filter with envelope follower and audio-rate modulation)
Drive (versatile DCAM-modelled drive unit with 4 distortion models)
Bitcrusher (digital distortion based on sample-rate and bit-depth reduction)
RingMod
EnvShaper
Overloud Breverb Plate
TinCanVerb (artificial sounding trashy reverb unit)
Noise Gate

Import & Export

Does BFD Eco support drag+drop of grooves to hosts' MIDI tracks?
Yes.

Does BFD Eco's Groove engine support MIDI files as Grooves?
No but you can use MIDI files to trigger BFD Eco when running as a plugin in a host, by using the MIDI files on a host MIDI track routed to the BFD Eco plugin.

Can MIDI files be exported directly from BFD Eco?
You can drag & drop a Groove to the desktop or any other OS folder, where it is exported as a MIDI file.

Is there a built-in audio export function?
It is possible to export a stereo mix of the Groove engine's Drum Track playing BFD Eco's sounds.

Can BFD Eco import samples?
No, this function is only available in BFD2.
Other features
Can I tweak individual drum sounds for dynamics, damping and tuning in BFD Eco? [top]
Yes.

What other tweaking functions exist for the sounds? [top]
You can adjust the inside/outside mic balance for kicks, the top/bottom mic balance for snares, and the amount of tightening for closed hihats. It is also possible to adjust the amount of each kit-piece in the ambience channels (overhead and room), and invert the stereo field of its ambience. Lastly, you can adjust the perceived distance and width of the ambience mics relative to the kit.

Does BFD Eco include layering of kit-pieces?
No, this feature is only possible in BFD2.

Peace

Peace,

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 17:24:02 (permalink)
Thanks, Jesse!!!!

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Sonico
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 266
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 20:25:13 (permalink)
Is there a list of the kits and pieces included in ECO somwhere??
I can't find it in their website

Thanks

Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.60Ghz, 16 GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Laptop: Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 6GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Presonus Faderport
My Music
Funkybot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/25 22:35:59 (permalink)

Sorry, but I can neither confirm nor deny whether ECO presets will load in a future version of BFD2. 

twaddle

Hey funkybot
will the eco mixer presets load in to BFD 2?
I'm guessing yes but perhaps not the other way as Eco doesn't have all the fx

Steve

Intel i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A mobo, 16GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 x64,  UAD2 Duo, RME Fireface 800, Sonar X1/X2 Producer
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 04:44:46 (permalink)
twaddle

If anyone here has a paypal account and is prepared to post to the UK I will reimburse them in full and love them for ever :)
I am serious guys so no funny wise cracks

Steve

Count me in!

Seeing as Steve & I live in the same city, whoever snaps these up for us can send them to the same address. Me & Steve can easily work something out upon arrival.

And yes, I do have a Paypal account.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 06:06:28 (permalink)
Well if the Guys want it, then I guess I better as well...

Count me in on the offer please if anyone accepts.  You can put my disks in one of their boxes as well to keep the package size down.

Yes,  I also have paypal.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Karyn
Ma-Ma
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 06:08:46 (permalink)
I guess I shoulda asked first,  I hope it's ok for one of you west country guys to forward this to me...?  (If one of our colonial friends accepts the challenge..)

Mekashi Futo
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

twaddle
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 06:30:15 (permalink)
Be glad to Kerrn
I have another cunning plan which has just come in to my head.
A friend of mine is in Boston right now visiting her brother so I might see
if she can order it and he can post it on.
I'm thinking of holding off for a few weeks because I'm only buying eco for the expansion pack, I'm thinking I might wait and see what BFD 3 will come with kit wise.

Steve

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
12GB Corsair DDR3 
1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
Emu- 0404 PCIe 
Sonar X1d Expanded
BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
Karyn
Ma-Ma
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 06:53:54 (permalink)
Thanks Steev,  I want it for the same reason as you, the expansion pack.

I'll go with whatever you're doing.

Mekashi Futo

Jesse G
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/26 11:09:01 (permalink)
Funkybot

Sorry, but I can neither confirm nor deny whether ECO presets will load in a future version of BFD2. 

From the FXpansion Website:

Other advanced features that set BFD Eco apart from the competition are its customizable keymapping, electronic drum support, the ability to combine kit-pieces from different expansion libraries, and an interface perfectly balanced between ease of use and powerful flexibility. BFD Eco also can be upgraded to BFD2 - both are fully preset-compatible to enable a seamless transition.

Read all details here: http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=103&tab=280
Peace

post edited by Jesse G - 2010/10/26 11:15:08

Peace,

Platinum Samples
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 219
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 03:53:07 (permalink)
Ozz

I'm still wondering if you're limited to the grooves included with the software.

I have some groove monkee loops, as well as some Oddgrooves packages, and none of them list BFD. 

I'm no drum programmer, and I don't use e-drums, so I'd like to know that I won't have to alter all the mappings from the stuff I own to use them with this.

You can use any grooves formatted for BFD2 -- that includes GrooveMonkee and Platinum Samples grooves

http://www.platinumsample...teveFerroneGrooves.php

All BFD2 Expansion Packs also work with BFD Eco

http://www.platinumsample...coKits/EvilEcoKit1.php

Cheers,

Rail
Jesse G
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 08:47:26 (permalink)
Platinum Samples

http://www.platinumsamples.com/EcoKits/EvilEcoKit1.php

Rail
Just remember when using BFD2 Expansion packs with ECO:
In most cases, it is not possible to load BFD2 preset files or kit files, since the difference in architecture between BFD Eco and BFD2 is quite large, and many BFD2 permutations are not possible within BFD Eco. For example, the Sonica JTP pack's kit/preset files cannot be loaded within BFD2, as this would require freely-configurable slots, and more slots than are available within BFD Eco.

Peace

Peace,

Sonico
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 266
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 12:04:41 (permalink)
So, any clue on the kits and pieces list??
I'd like to know what drums/cymbals are included in ECO.

Thanks

Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.60Ghz, 16 GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Laptop: Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 6GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Presonus Faderport
My Music
Platinum Samples
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 219
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 14:07:07 (permalink)
Jesse G

Platinum Samples

http://www.platinumsamples.com/EcoKits/EvilEcoKit1.php

Rail
Just remember when using BFD2 Expansion packs with ECO:

Peace
BFD 2.2 will have more features for saving BFD2 presets as Eco compatible...  and you can load Cymbals and Toms into Eco's percussion slots -- so generally that's not a big issue (unless you have a huge BFD2 kit)

Our Evil Drums Eco Kit linked above includes an Eco preset.

Cheers,

Rail

StimpySon
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 21:00:18 (permalink)
So I get my package tonight from Musicians Friend.  They didn't turn out to be too much of a friend.  Instead of sending me the BFD eco software they sent be a peterson tp-3 clip-on tuning pickup.  I was so pissed.  I guess that is why I never buy from them.  Should have went to guitar center as they have the same deal (without the flash drive).  Although they are not any better.  Now I have to wait for another package.

Just wanted to vent a little...

Studiocat i7 Pro Studio DAW
Sonar X1 PE
RME Fireface 400
UAD-2
UAD-1
Mackie MCU Pro
2 Mackie Extenders
Event TR8 XL
yorolpal
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/27 21:06:08 (permalink)
Mine arrived today and was just as advertised:  BFD ECO, Greatest Hits Vol 1 and a 2 gig "Musicians Friend" thumbdrive.  Sorry you got stiffed there StimpySon, ol pal.

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
birdg735
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 137
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/28 00:37:16 (permalink)
StimpySon

So I get my package tonight from Musicians Friend.  They didn't turn out to be too much of a friend.  Instead of sending me the BFD eco software they sent be a peterson tp-3 clip-on tuning pickup.  I was so pissed.  I guess that is why I never buy from them.  Should have went to guitar center as they have the same deal (without the flash drive).  Although they are not any better.  Now I have to wait for another package.

Just wanted to vent a little...

Sorry to hear it - MF has always processed my orders correctly in 10+ years.  But I feel for ya ...
- B
craigfowler
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/28 04:20:27 (permalink)
Thanks for the heads up on this. I couldn't pass it up for $49.

Does anybody know what's in the expansion pack? I'm assuming it's the BFD2 expansion, but MF don't give any details on it. Honestly, I think I want the grooves almost as much as the sounds!

And Ol pal, you *know* you can never have too many drum sounds. But dangit, this means I have to delay buying Abbey Road 70s for another month!
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/28 06:30:51 (permalink)
twaddle

Be glad to Kerrn
I have another cunning plan which has just come in to my head.
A friend of mine is in Boston right now visiting her brother so I might see
if she can order it and he can post it on.
I'm thinking of holding off for a few weeks because I'm only buying eco for the expansion pack, I'm thinking I might wait and see what BFD 3 will come with kit wise.

Steve

Steve, I don't know how far away BFD3 is - there are always threads running on the FXpansion site about a 64 bit version - I'm assuming this will in fact be BFD3?

But there has been no hint from FX about the new release, it could be weeks or many many months away yet.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Jesse G
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/28 10:46:14 (permalink)
Received my package last night when I arrived home from work.  

A 2 GB Musicians Friend Flash drive
The Greatest Hits Vol 1 Expansion Pack
BFD Eco software

I was too tired to install the software, I just looked at the package.  Make sure you read the back of the packaging, there is an important note there dealing with installation.

Peace

Peace,

yorolpal
Re:BFD ECO $49.00 2010/10/28 19:55:43 (permalink)
Just got a "5" out of 5 rating in Electronic Musician Mag.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1