Helpful ReplyLockedBandlab - Did you sign up?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 20:09:01 (permalink)
abacab
Serious_Noize!
I've replied earlier in this thread. But I feel I must mention the email I got as others here did also that said that I needed to create a BandLab account per the email : "to ensure that we are able to keep track of your past purchases and ownership history."

I'm somewhat shocked honestly, why? Because if that's how they are going to verify ownership of previous cakewalk software purchases then that is rather disturbing. I mean, "Verify who you are per your email address and creating a new account".  I assume that their verification process will be possibly looking at IP address which may have changed for some, and could possibly be spoofed by others........ 

This is a concern for me, and I'm not being an A-HOLE for mentioning this, and I can assure Bandlab that every cakewalk user here probably has the same concerns. 

So I create a new Bandlab account and I'm covered with my future Cakewalk activation's?

So if I don't then what will happen? Does that mean I will lose activation to my Cakewalk software forever or perhaps even worse that someone else might hack it in the future? 

Just to make you aware Bandlab, have you followed the latest Facebook information sharing problem for Facebook? This is a serious concern, so I want to mention it. 

While I can appreciate the fact Bandlab purchased Cakewalk Sonar/software. There's no need for me to thank my lucky stars for doing so because my Cakewalk Software was working and still is working perfectly as is. 

I don't like this process at all. There are better ways to do this. 

Just saying........ 

What concerns?  Your DAW died last year.  Done. 

The only conspiracy here is that a company that loves music has bought the code for Sonar and other Cakewalk assets.

They are offering a generous continuation of the DAW we all love, for free.  You can join or not, your choice.

Cakewalk died in Nov 2017.  You can choose to move on to another company, which was the only option until recently, or get on board.  I doubt anybody is 'out to get you'.  Just chill and quit making stuff up to worry about...

It's not as simple as that, what you don't understand is that my credit card information and personal information is at risk.  That's the concerns, and NO, my DAW did not die last year. 

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
astaub
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 22:05:13 (permalink)
I do not understand the trouble. Bandlab is a young company that wants to expand. The offer is extended by a good DAW.

What we now see in the account is still the young company. You can not go with a headstand. As a European of the old school, I still experience some parts of the internet -world as very youthful in the culture. But children are our future. They need time to grow, including Bandlab. Money alone does not make any Bösendorfer.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (Lifetime), Cakewalk by BandLab (Beta), Steinberg UR28M, Windows 8.1 , Notion 6 (Presonus), Dorico 1.2x (Steinberg), Cubase 9.5.x Pro. , Studio One 3.5x (Presonus),  WaveLab Pro 9.5.x (Steinberg) Halion 6.x 
mkerl
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 22:22:14 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!

It's not as simple as that, what you don't understand is that my credit card information and personal information is at risk.  That's the concerns, and NO, my DAW did not die last year. 

When I bought Cakewalk software the payment was processed by a company named cleverbridge AG. So I don't think my credit card information is stored in my Cakewalk account. But besides that, I generally solely use  a prepaid credit card for internet shopping. Who knows what's happening . . . . in Fact Facebook collects much more Information, Contacts, friends, calling history, personal preferences, likes, dislikes ---- my cakewalk account contains nothing in comparison to FB. It's simply  incomparable.

Hope that helps

Cheers :)
post edited by mkerl - 2018/03/27 00:21:44

Nothing to do but playing (Ch. Parker)
jpetersen
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 22:33:16 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!
It's not as simple as that, what you don't understand is that my credit card information and personal information is at risk.

Credit card info is at risk the moment it's on any company database.
And scams existed even before the internet, as did the trade in personal info.

Thanks to Cleverbridge I was able to pay at the post office in the way that is customary in my country.
I never needed a credit card.

I have one e-mail account for every major online store I deal with.
When the spam arrives, I know who to avoid next time.
Serious_Noize!
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 23:13:12 (permalink)
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

When I bought Cakewalk software the payment was processed by a company named cleverbridge AG. So I don't think my credit card information is stored in my Cakewalk account. But besides that, I generally solely use  a prepaid credit card for internet shopping. Who knows what's happening . . . . in Fact Facebook collects much more Information, Contacts, friends, calling history, personal preferences, likes, dislikes ---- my cakewalk account contains nothing in comparison to FB. It's simply not incomparable.

Hope that helps

Thank you, that's a good point. I forgot about cleverbridge handling the card aspect of things. But regardless of who it is, they do have to verify who has ownership of the software, and somebody saying they are "Joe Blow Whoever" if that's how they are going to do it is not a good practice without having access to purchase proof. 

Either way, I hope this works out with Bandlab, I have nothing against them, I hope it works out for them. 

mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/26 23:45:58 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!

Either way, I hope this works out with Bandlab, I have nothing against them, I hope it works out for them. 

Yes, and I hope it'll work out for me, too
But I'm looking forward to new opportunities, I'm really excited about  . . . I downloaded my stuff from Cakewalk, I don't like to call SPLAT "dead" software, works fine, it's fun, and I don't expect Bandlab to shrink Platinum to a smartphone app . . . so I signed up for Bandlab and know I'm really curious how this story will turn out finally.

Cheers  

sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 00:05:47 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!
SandlinJohn

Serious_Noize!, what better way do you propose for them to create a customer account for you that has all of your past Cakewalk purchases with the associated Serial Numbers and Activation Keys? 

A transfer of user accounts should be easy considering they already have all of that information and if they don't then how do we as Cakewalk users know WHO HAS THAT information?

Sending people at random email's saying "SIGN UP AND WE WILL TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION FROM YOUR PREVIOUS PURCHASES". That is not a good policy.... JMO.......... 

But don't you have to use the same email address that you did with Cakewalk? If so, then I can't think of a better way to transfer the accounts. Your email is your security and their way of proving that you are who you say you are. You still have to click on a confirmation link to confirm registration, and that's sent to the same email address you used for Cakewalk. Presumably only you have the password to that email, in which case nobody else can sign up with your email and simply "steal" ownership of your licenses.

By the way, what do you mean "at random"? They sent emails to people who already have Cakewalk accounts. That seems like the polar opposite of random.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 00:17:50 (permalink)
sharke
Serious_Noize!
SandlinJohn

Serious_Noize!, what better way do you propose for them to create a customer account for you that has all of your past Cakewalk purchases with the associated Serial Numbers and Activation Keys? 

A transfer of user accounts should be easy considering they already have all of that information and if they don't then how do we as Cakewalk users know WHO HAS THAT information?

Sending people at random email's saying "SIGN UP AND WE WILL TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION FROM YOUR PREVIOUS PURCHASES". That is not a good policy.... JMO.......... 

But don't you have to use the same email address that you did with Cakewalk? If so, then I can't think of a better way to transfer the accounts. Your email is your security and their way of proving that you are who you say you are. You still have to click on a confirmation link to confirm registration, and that's sent to the same email address you used for Cakewalk. Presumably only you have the password to that email, in which case nobody else can sign up with your email and simply "steal" ownership of your licenses.

By the way, what do you mean "at random"? They sent emails to people who already have Cakewalk accounts. That seems like the polar opposite of random.

And Meng did explain, why they doesn't automatically transfer the information from the cakewalk servers. I like the way they do it, asking every cakewalk customer to take action and sign up. To me this sounds good and feels good. 

Cheers 

Serious_Noize!
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 00:24:15 (permalink)
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

But I'm looking forward to new opportunities, I'm really excited about  . . . I downloaded my stuff from Cakewalk, I don't like to call SPLAT "dead" software, works fine, it's fun, and I don't expect Bandlab to shrink Platinum to a smartphone app . . . so I signed up for Bandlab and know I'm really curious how this story will turn out finally.

Cheers  

Hmmm, Your laughing, and assuming I am per my concerns. But no, I am not. This is the problem with social media, people have a tendency to over indulge in euphoria per themselves and don't take into consideration the topic at hand. 

As I said earlier, and I'll break it down in simple terms. : Where is my INFORMATION GOING?  To force me to create a Bandlab account to be able to : reactivate my Cakewalk Sonar software in the future is somewhat disturbing? 

Never assume anything to anyone who is reading this. 

Call me an idiot if you want, you have my permission, but I'm concerned about where my information is going and how it is being handled. I feel forced to sign up to Band Lab to ensure my software activation in the future. 

And no, it is not a gift, it is an Ultimatum. 

sock monkey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 00:57:50 (permalink)
Ok take my example. I'm a Monkey and  I have a Cakewalk account. I don't have a real identity you could steal, right! I don't have a credit card, they don't give them to Monkeys. I do have a eMail address as they give those to just about anybody with fingers that can type! 
 I bought Sonar X3 in a store, cash. I registered it and created an account. I lost it when all that happened with the new system log in... remember that,,   a lot of people lost their Cakewalk accounts and forum log in because they had defunked e mail addresses,, hundreds of people had to beg Cakewalk to let them back in. But, no problem one by one we returned as full fledged owners. 
 Now we is all good to go and that Email is us ,,bar none...  that's how we log in to here and our account. And that's why I got da message.   
Almost every thing you do on the internet uses your Email to verify whom you is. 
If you some kind of fool that lets some dude in jail steal your password to your email,, that's the same as walking down a dark alley at night and you deserve to get mugged...

ANywho  all is good and free is even better than good. I guess some folks smoke that stuff makes them paranoid.  

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 01:05:59 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

Cheers  

Hmmm, Your laughing, and assuming I am per my concerns. But no, I am not. This is the problem with social media, people have a tendency to over indulge in euphoria per themselves and don't take into consideration the topic at hand. 

As I said earlier, and I'll break it down in simple terms. : Where is my INFORMATION GOING?  To force me to create a Bandlab account to be able to : reactivate my Cakewalk Sonar software in the future is somewhat disturbing? 

Call me an idiot if you want, you have my permission, but I'm concerned about where my information is going and how it is being handled. I feel forced to sign up to Band Lab to ensure my software activation in the future. 

Over indulge in euphoria? Well. I'm not stricken with sorrow, that's true. I understand your concerns and tried to point out,  to me things are not threatening at all. 

I even don't expect Bandlab to ensure activation of cakewalk software in the future. That's why they will come up with a new name and the announcement, that every sonar user will get the first version of the new named bandlab-formerly-sonar-software for free. That new named software will be supported, not cakewalk. That's what I believe.
Gift? Ultimatum? We have a delightful prospect for future development of formerly sonar. Not so bad, after all.

It wouldt be more disturbing to me, if Bandlab automatically will take all information, it's a smart move to ask cakewalk customers to take action by themself.

Yeah, and you care about information. In Fact, my cakewalk account doesn't contain much information of me, nothing to concern about. Most activities in the Internet today spread a lot more of personal information, not to mention the apps on your smartphone, they really strip you down, that's the field to be concerned about. 

That's why I appreciate the new progression with Bandlab, and I don't tend to be concerned so much.
It's not a gift, it's not an unltimatum, it's an opportunity. And Bandlab  is gentle enough to give you a choice. 

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 01:34:54 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!
What concerns?  Your DAW died last year.  Done. 

The only conspiracy here is that a company that loves music has bought the code for Sonar and other Cakewalk assets.

They are offering a generous continuation of the DAW we all love, for free.  You can join or not, your choice.

Cakewalk died in Nov 2017.  You can choose to move on to another company, which was the only option until recently, or get on board.  I doubt anybody is 'out to get you'.  Just chill and quit making stuff up to worry about...

Serious_Noize!

It's not as simple as that, what you don't understand is that my credit card information and personal information is at risk.  That's the concerns, and NO, my DAW did not die last year

Only you can decide what your risk tolerance is.  Good luck with that.

Your Sonar DAW died in regard to support and updates.  I have software from 20 years ago that still runs, but I would consider it as end-of-life, abandonware, etc.  It seems that is the status of the legacy Sonar program.

It is up to you to opt-in to the new DAW.  Nobody is twisting your arm, or coercing you in any way. 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 01:48:03 (permalink)
abacab

Your Sonar DAW died in regard to support and updates.  I have software from 20 years ago that still runs, but I would consider it as end-of-life, abandonware, etc.  It seems that is the status of the legacy Sonar program.

The corpse looks astonishingly fresh. It'll take some time before it starts smelling 

Cheers 

Meng
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 02:44:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Keni 2018/03/27 04:21:27
Starise
Two things come to mind-
- The most recent update says there was already an email sent. This means I probably missed it. Will you send a second email to those who might have missed the first one because they received this information later ? 

Meng please correct me if I'm wrong: There is no requirement to use Bandlab collaboration in order to use the TDFKAS.

If you've already signed up with the same email address, then there should be no other action that needs to be taken! There is indeed no requirement to use BandLab collaboration in order to use the TDFKAS - great collaboration is inspired, not required!

In the future, for the new product, like many professional products - your account will be required to authenticate your software for the first time - but it will NOT require a persistent internet connection so you will definitely be able to work offline and forget about the inter-web if that's your preference 
Meng
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 02:46:47 (permalink)
Also, as mentioned by earlier posters - Cakewalk never processed payments themselves - it was always using secure third party providers.

stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 05:01:51 (permalink)
I signed up also............Haven't done anything there, but I am in the game..............

millzy
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 890
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 07:11:07 (permalink)
I'm in, but username 'Millzy' already existed!! What the? I thought I was unique! Oh well, I'm now Millzy1, look forward to seeing you all (including my twin) on the other side!

Millzy

i7 3770K, 16gb ram, Samsung EVO SSD, 2 x WD drives, RME Babyface, Win 10 (x64), Cakewalk by Bandlab, heaps of other stuff.
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 14:05:27 (permalink)
meng
Starise
Two things come to mind-
- The most recent update says there was already an email sent. This means I probably missed it. Will you send a second email to those who might have missed the first one because they received this information later ? 

Meng please correct me if I'm wrong: There is no requirement to use Bandlab collaboration in order to use the TDFKAS.

If you've already signed up with the same email address, then there should be no other action that needs to be taken! There is indeed no requirement to use BandLab collaboration in order to use the TDFKAS - great collaboration is inspired, not required!

In the future, for the new product, like many professional products - your account will be required to authenticate your software for the first time - but it will NOT require a persistent internet connection so you will definitely be able to work offline and forget about the inter-web if that's your preference 

Thank you Meng. Much appreciated! I received a message from Bandlab to the email I use most.
I did acknowledge that email. I did not yet get a message to the Cakewalk email. I'll wait and see.
I have changed my Bandlab account to reflect the Cakewalk email.

Thanks again and best wishes in this new endeavor!

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

sharke
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 14:58:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Kamikaze 2018/03/27 15:26:01
Serious_Noize!
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

Cheers  

An ULTIMATUM? Drama queen much? They are literally just transferring registration information to THEIR servers. They are gaining no more information about you than Cakewalk already had. SOMEONE has to deal with your old licenses. It certainly isn't going to be Cakewalk because they don't exist anymore. So what do you expect to happen? That the original Cakewalk servers are kept up and running in perpetuity so that you have access to your stuff? Someone has to own and maintain that information. If it's not going to be Bandlab, who's it going to be? If they paid to keep Cakewalk's servers up and running so that you don't have to do anything, they're still going to have access to all of the information you've already given to Cakewalk. So in effect you're literally complaining about a database of information moving from point A to point B (and they're doing it with your full permission). 

So if you don't trust Bandlab with this information, then who do you trust? The only way in which the information is meaningful is if the company who has it also has the power to serve up the software and activate it. Without that, all you have is a bunch of worthless serial numbers. So the question remains: how exactly did you expect your licenses to be handled in the future? You don't "own" any of this software, you merely purchased licenses to use it. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 16:41:46 (permalink)
Kudos to Sharke and all who continue to answer these poor paranoid souls. I suppose it must be done, but I don't have the patience anymore.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Serious_Noize!
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 21:55:05 (permalink)
sharke
Serious_Noize!
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

Cheers  

An ULTIMATUM? Drama queen much? They are literally just transferring registration information to THEIR servers. They are gaining no more information about you than Cakewalk already had. SOMEONE has to deal with your old licenses. It certainly isn't going to be Cakewalk because they don't exist anymore. So what do you expect to happen? That the original Cakewalk servers are kept up and running in perpetuity so that you have access to your stuff? Someone has to own and maintain that information. If it's not going to be Bandlab, who's it going to be? If they paid to keep Cakewalk's servers up and running so that you don't have to do anything, they're still going to have access to all of the information you've already given to Cakewalk. So in effect you're literally complaining about a database of information moving from point A to point B (and they're doing it with your full permission). 

So if you don't trust Bandlab with this information, then who do you trust? The only way in which the information is meaningful is if the company who has it also has the power to serve up the software and activate it. Without that, all you have is a bunch of worthless serial numbers. So the question remains: how exactly did you expect your licenses to be handled in the future? You don't "own" any of this software, you merely purchased licenses to use it. 

SMART ASS MUCH ARE YOU EH? Apparently so!!!! I didn't ask your opinion, I asked for information from Bandlab who was LESS THAN happy to reply to me considering several questions I've posted have been deleted. So whatever. 

Also, part of the problem here on there forums are people having smart ass attitudes giving responses when they shouldn't be because I was asking BANDLAB questions, and if they don't want to answer them then so be it. 

So, if I get banned for asking questions, I guess I lose access to my software since it's an EMAIL THING. 

Part of my point has been, Bandlab said "The FORUMS WILL STAY AND ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE", if that's the case, why should I have to join another site to activate and assure my software will be able to activate in the future? 

I guess I need to consider BANDLAB Email as SPAM as of now, because according to it there was some exiting news to be announce SOON, perhaps exiting to Bandlab, but they apparently don't want to reassure people that their private information is safe. Facebook said your information is safe, we are all starting to hear how that worked out allowing a third party trusted firm to handle those things........ 

As I have said : "I am asking questions and getting thrown under the bus by users for doing so and also having people trying to bully me on these forums". Just saying................. 

Either way, I have learned what I need to know where BANDLAB Goes....... 

Agentcalm
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 22:15:21 (permalink)
signed up but all i see are songs people uploaded.  Is there no Cakewalk area like this forum?  Sonar products etc?

Southern kin y'all 
sharke
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 22:45:28 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!
sharke
Serious_Noize!
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

Cheers  

SMART ASS MUCH ARE YOU EH? Apparently so!!!! I didn't ask your opinion, I asked for information from Bandlab who was LESS THAN happy to reply to me considering several questions I've posted have been deleted. So whatever. 

Also, part of the problem here on there forums are people having smart ass attitudes giving responses when they shouldn't be because I was asking BANDLAB questions, and if they don't want to answer them then so be it. 

So, if I get banned for asking questions, I guess I lose access to my software since it's an EMAIL THING. 

Part of my point has been, Bandlab said "The FORUMS WILL STAY AND ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE", if that's the case, why should I have to join another site to activate and assure my software will be able to activate in the future? 

I guess I need to consider BANDLAB Email as SPAM as of now, because according to it there was some exiting news to be announce SOON, perhaps exiting to Bandlab, but they apparently don't want to reassure people that their private information is safe. Facebook said your information is safe, we are all starting to hear how that worked out allowing a third party trusted firm to handle those things........ 

As I have said : "I am asking questions and getting thrown under the bus by users for doing so and also having people trying to bully me on these forums". Just saying................. 

Either way, I have learned what I need to know where BANDLAB Goes....... 

Yeah whatever. Perhaps find another DAW? Or seek therapy. One or both.

James
abacab
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 22:54:28 (permalink)
Agentcalm
signed up but all i see are songs people uploaded.  Is there no Cakewalk area like this forum?  Sonar products etc?

BandLab will archive and freeze this forum at some point.  There will be a new forum to replace this one.  Hasn't been announced yet.

See sticky #2 for details ... "Important Question! >>> post #1 http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3731804
and this >>> post #89 http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3732345

mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 23:02:35 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!

Part of my point has been, Bandlab said "The FORUMS WILL STAY AND ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE", 

No, they didn't. They will move the Forum.
Go and get professional help.
Or go down to the basement and cry for yourself

Skol

(to the hammer of Thor)

Serious_Noize!
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 23:26:31 (permalink)
sharke
Serious_Noize!
sharke
Serious_Noize!
mkerl
Serious_Noize!

Yeah whatever. Perhaps find another DAW? Or seek therapy. One or both.

Thank you for the support and inspiration. I have been asking questions and you want to make things all about you, perhaps it is you that needs therapy. Not an insult but a reply. 

As for Bandlab, this is another question for Bandlab, I signed into the site and created an account, I have since decided that I no longer want a Bandlab account, and according the the SUPPORT TECH information I needed to send a FEEDBACK message to have them REMOVE MY ACCOUNT. I have done that 3 times, no response except ROBO messages which concerns me I might be more robo messages in the future and also that my account on Bandlab wont be removed. Also, considering the fact that if as mentioned my Bandlab account is removed will I lose all access to all my purchased software in the future here on the Cakewalk forums and site : "Which Bandlab has already said was not going anywhere?". 

And another question : Why do I need per the email to have a Bandlab ACCOUNT to have future access to activate my software when it was previous mentioned that I would not have a problem doing so???????? 

Yeah, I guess I am a real problem maker BECAUSE I ASK QUESTION EH?  

I would like to continue using the software that I already have licenses for and am asking question concerning it's future, So if anyone here wants to call me an A-Hole for doing so then that says a lot about you because I am not just asking these questions because they concern me : THEY CONCERN YOU ALSO IF YOU ARE A SONAR PLATINUM LICENSED OWNER!

I don't want a Bandlab account to secure my Cakewalk license, all the sudden after being told LICENSE ACTIVATION would be secured, were told : Create a Bandlab account and your covered, after being told : The Cakewalk forums will remain as normal....... Hmmmmm....... Not a good start. 

Just my OPINION on the subjects. 

mkerl
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/27 23:43:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2018/03/28 00:04:40
Serious_Noize!

Just my OPINION on the subjects. 

Even your quoting is rubbish, sorry.

Skol :)

sharke
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/28 00:04:33 (permalink)
Yes, you're a problem maker. You are fabricating a problem where none exists (at least to a reasonable person). 

Not so long ago, it wasn't even clear that you'd have your product registrations and activations forever. There existed the possibility that Cakewalk and all of its existing products would simply cease to be. Rewind the clock and put yourself in that position. Would you still be worried about your credit card information had Sonar simply faded into obscurity? What do you think happens when ANY company you've registered a credit card with goes under? I don't know what you'd expect them to do. 

The answer is that Cakewalk don't have your credit card details. The 3rd party company they use to handle payments has them. 

Now fast forward to today. Another company has taken Cakewalk's products into its wing and has absorbed them into its own operations. THIS IS THE NEW COMPANY. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO WILL ACTIVATE YOUR SOFTWARE FROM NOW ON. If you want to continue using Sonar and activating it to your hearts content, then you will have to associate yourself with them in the form of registering an account. There is no other way. I'm still not clear what you expect the alternative to be. Do you believe that "Cakewalk" and its existing servers and everything else related to it should be sustained, at whatever price, in order for you to not have to register a new account with another company? Do you really expect yourself to be using your soon-to-be defunct Cakewalk account in perpetuity? 

Bandlab do not have access to your card information merely from you signing up an account with them using the same email address you used for Cakewalk. Cleverbridge has your card details on their secure, encrypted server - not Cakewalk. And nobody can charge your card unless you give them express permission. 

When a company changes hands I guess there will always be existing customers who resist and whine and complain and fabricate problems. You're one of those people. When I switched to a new online payment system for my business last year, I had a similar group of hardcore whiners. Nothing would make them happy. I just severed relations with them in the end. Life's too short. 

James
losguy
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5506
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/28 00:28:17 (permalink)
Probably a lot (most?) of the folks on this forum have had their personal credit information already leaked through the Equifax data breach. So that cat is already out of the bag. Probably Russian hackers. (Just kidding - Estonian. OK, just kidding.)

Psalm 30:12
All pure waves converge at the Origin
abacab
Re: Bandlab - Did you sign up? 2018/03/28 00:32:35 (permalink)
Do a google search on your name and see what comes up.  The cat may already be out of the bag.  Public records are for sale.  Just saying! 

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1