Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 01:09:36 (permalink)
I am one who listens to more than I comment on.  Stand by for list of excuses:

1) New baby
2) Working lots of OT to pay for new baby
3) music school
4) Selling house, looking for new house
5) complete exhaustion from the above 1-4
..luckily sleeping is never in the way, as I have given that up 10 weeks ago.

So I apologize for not commenting as much as I have in the past, I still listen to songs and comment when I can.

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
droddey
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5147
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 01:12:32 (permalink)
The Gearslutz work in progress area is really slow right now as well. The nights are long and balmy. People are probably out starting the relationships now that will fail in the fall and provide song fodder for the winter I guess.

You definitely see in the Gearslutz one that it's being abused for what passes for 'marketing' these days. But there are folks who hang around there and provide feedback, some of it harsh I guess, but feedback.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 01:20:49 (permalink)
I mean? Here's an example...
"edited."
Tend to comment on their posts? They make their posts? And the comment on their posts? It's human nature?

But my point "again" if you'll allow me... Is that, we need to comment on our stuff? And we need to comment on others? 

Otherwise, it's not a forum? It's a BBS... And I believe? It's already well past a forum? I believe "personally?" It is well past a forum... And well on to a BBS? Where people say LOOK AT MEEEE!!! And pay "zero" attention to anyone else...

But I could be wrong? I'm usually right though...

post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/07/12 01:23:53

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 01:28:44 (permalink)
OK, enough about what you feel Robby.

Let's LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!

rockinrobby
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 01:56:30 (permalink)
Well, again, you are a talented musician? I am a bass player? So We are brothers...

And many others here... 

But my points stand? The problem is the "me" generation (IMO) and the fact that most people? Are worried only about "me..."  And "me" only...

Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 08:48:34 (permalink)
while I do agree that people should be part of the forum community and should comment on other people's songs if they post their own for review - I also think that it's not necessary to be "strong armed police" and bash everyone if they don't do that.  if you live by example then the forum will grow into that type of community. 

It was that way here at one time.  I wonder why it's not now. 

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 08:55:18 (permalink)
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way...I can't stand to look in the mirror, I get better lookin each day.......

I wanna talk about me Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about meeeeee

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 09:10:16 (permalink)
rockinrobby

Well, again, you are a talented musician? I am a bass player? So We are brothers...

And many others here... 

But my points stand? The problem is the "me" generation (IMO) and the fact that most people? Are worried only about "me..."  And "me" only...

Thank goodness you've escaped that problem, Robby.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
No How
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 09:14:16 (permalink)
LpMike75

1) New baby
3) music school

So I apologize for not commenting as much as I have in the past, I still listen to songs and comment when I can.

Mike,

CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby!!!

Yes, sleep is over rated. 

s o n g s

Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 10:43:42 (permalink)
philz

I think that this subject is an area of concern for many of us, James.  FWIW- I have my own ideas as to why we're seeing a lack of activity here in Songs, so here are my thoughts-

1. Some of the reasons already cited by Reece and Herb.  At the moment I've been able to be pretty active here, but there have certainly been times when any number of non-musical 'life pressures' have kept me away.

2. There are more than a small number of folks who repeatedly post new material in Songs but rarely or never comment on anyone elses.  IMO, if one is a reasonably frequent poster here, they have an obligation (for lack of a better word) to pay others the same respect and courtesy that they are seeking.  It's just the right thing to do.  How to address this issue is a tricky matter.  PM'ing them or posting some sort of 'hint' as a comment on their songs could be misconstrued as intimidation if it weren't handled very tactfully.  Perhaps a thread like this is a step in the right direction, assuming of course that they bother to read it .  Maybe a 'sticky' about being a 'good citizen' in Songs????

3. I have had discussions with many long time forumites who occasionally listen but never comment due to past 'drama' or bad experiences with having commented in Songs.  I think that this is now a generally a pretty civil place, and maybe we need to reach out to some of those folks and encourage them to give it another try.

I guess that's my $.02.

I agree with all that as well Phil. I'll give you a few of my ideas.

1. Summer time: I would hope/think some are away enjoying some time off. I do lots of gigs in the summer and have been really enjoying myself with my little cover band doing old Van Halen tribute shows.

2. Economy: I'd be willing to bet with the economy like it is and people losing their jobs that some may have taken on a second or 3rd job. A lot of my friends have been forced to go down this road and it's pretty sad when you have to work double or triple just to survive and keep your house.

3. Post and go-ers: I see nothing wrong with this. I actually feel that no one should ever feel the need to justify why they do or do not comment. Some people share their music and don't comment to others...is that really wrong? I say the forum speaks for itself when these people do that, and you see no comments on their song postings. I think if you have the time to listen and comment, you do so. If all you can do is post a song here and there and don't have the time to comment on other peoples material, so be it. What's the harm? Why should there be a rule that states "you must comment on other peoples songs or you will get no comments on your own". Sure, we call it principal...and we'd like to see people comment that post and receive comments. But no one should feel they need to justify themselves if they comment, don't comment, post lots of songs or enjoy being in stealth mode.

4. Improper commenting: I've seen a few blow-outs based on how some people delivered critiques that probably shouldn't have opened their mouths. One thing I hate about the ability to comment on someone else's songs is how some people that aren't even familiar with a certain style of music feel the need to comment negatively about things that ARE acceptable in a style. It's nice they listen and comment, but it would really help if they had a clue about the genre before they just send out negative vibes.

5. Fear of hurting others: Some people don't have anything good to say, and if they were honest, maybe they don't know how to tread softly with their honesty. Some tunes are in need of work and sometimes you don't know how the individual will handle what you have to say. I'm selective in who I post comments to because if I can't be honest and tell it like I hear it, I will not comment at all. However, I have NEVER commented to the point of being so harsh that I hurt someone's feelings. That's not the way to do things. If I say I heard something I wasn't down with, I'll include why and how to fix it to further explain what I'm hearing. Should everyone comment like that? If you can, it sure is helpful...but it's all in the delivery and there definitely has to be compassion for another person's "baby". Our songs are our children...it's easy to get bent when someone posts for the sake of a voice that is way off the mark. The whole thing will always be subjective, but there is a way to deliver the subjectivity to where it doesn't rip a person's face off.

6. Why don't you post or comment more Danny: I don't post songs because I don't feel the need nor do I think anyone would enjoy the stuff I do. Whether that's right or wrong, it's just how I feel. I comment when I can and have a pretty good idea who can take what I have to say and who may not be able to. I'm one that doesn't believe in "nice job!" and moving on. I see quite a bit of sugar coating going on in some of the comments as well. Not that it's a bad thing, but there are some songs that really need some guidance and in all honesty, there are times when you can do a friend a diservice by just saying "nice job, loved it!" and move on when you know there are issues that should be brought to a persons attention. Sure, sometimes we don't have the time...but do some of you that get a whole page of "nice job!" really accept that as honest, or are your friends just telling you what you want to hear? I just can't do that and have never done it on any site I've been on. Ok, so I'm too anal and have too much to say all the time...but if I say something, there's usually a good reason for it and once I bring it to your attention, just about always you'll at least see where I was coming from even if you don't agree.

7. Time, time and more time: As we get older, our lives change. There are times when you can crank out 2-3 songs per month, other times you crank out one song in 6 months to a year. This is just how life goes for us at times. Family, work, other obligations, the list goes on and on. Some of us have grown our businesses, other have grown a family. Some have lost their businesses, jobs, divorce, health issues...you get the picture.

At the end of the day, anything that gets posted here should be welcomed with open arms whether you like the person, comment or don't comment. We get a lot of incredible music on this forum for free that rivals some of the pro stuff we hear on the radio. I say embrace what we have when we get it, comment if you can, and if you can't, don't worry about it. It's all about sharing the gift of music. Sometimes we share the music, sometimes we share the emotions we get from the music...sometimes we choose not to share at all. It's a gift to us no matter what as far as I'm concerned. :)

-Danny

post edited by Danny Danzi - 2011/07/12 10:45:22

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 11:05:34 (permalink)
Danny Danzi

philz

I think that this subject is an area of concern for many of us, James.  FWIW- I have my own ideas as to why we're seeing a lack of activity here in Songs, so here are my thoughts-

1. Some of the reasons already cited by Reece and Herb.  At the moment I've been able to be pretty active here, but there have certainly been times when any number of non-musical 'life pressures' have kept me away.

2. There are more than a small number of folks who repeatedly post new material in Songs but rarely or never comment on anyone elses.  IMO, if one is a reasonably frequent poster here, they have an obligation (for lack of a better word) to pay others the same respect and courtesy that they are seeking.  It's just the right thing to do.  How to address this issue is a tricky matter.  PM'ing them or posting some sort of 'hint' as a comment on their songs could be misconstrued as intimidation if it weren't handled very tactfully.  Perhaps a thread like this is a step in the right direction, assuming of course that they bother to read it .  Maybe a 'sticky' about being a 'good citizen' in Songs????

3. I have had discussions with many long time forumites who occasionally listen but never comment due to past 'drama' or bad experiences with having commented in Songs.  I think that this is now a generally a pretty civil place, and maybe we need to reach out to some of those folks and encourage them to give it another try.

I guess that's my $.02.

1. Summer time: I would hope/think some are away enjoying some time off. I do lots of gigs in the summer and have been really enjoying myself with my little cover band doing old Van Halen tribute shows.

2. Economy: I'd be willing to bet with the economy like it is and people losing their jobs that some may have taken on a second or 3rd job. A lot of my friends have been forced to go down this road and it's pretty sad when you have to work double or triple just to survive and keep your house.

3. Post and go-ers: I see nothing wrong with this. I actually feel that no one should ever feel the need to justify why they do or do not comment. Some people share their music and don't comment to others...is that really wrong? I say the forum speaks for itself when these people do that, and you see no comments on their song postings. I think if you have the time to listen and comment, you do so. If all you can do is post a song here and there and don't have the time to comment on other peoples material, so be it. What's the harm? Why should there be a rule that states "you must comment on other peoples songs or you will get no comments on your own". Sure, we call it principal...and we'd like to see people comment that post and receive comments. But no one should feel they need to justify themselves if they comment, don't comment, post lots of songs or enjoy being in stealth mode.

4. Improper commenting: I've seen a few blow-outs based on how some people delivered critiques that probably shouldn't have opened their mouths. One thing I hate about the ability to comment on someone else's songs is how some people that aren't even familiar with a certain style of music feel the need to comment negatively about things that ARE acceptable in a style. It's nice they listen and comment, but it would really help if they had a clue about the genre before they just send out negative vibes.

5. Fear of hurting others: Some people don't have anything good to say, and if they were honest, maybe they don't know how to tread softly with their honesty. Some tunes are in need of work and sometimes you don't know how the individual will handle what you have to say. I'm selective in who I post comments to because if I can't be honest and tell it like I hear it, I will not comment at all. However, I have NEVER commented to the point of being so harsh that I hurt someone's feelings. That's not the way to do things. If I say I heard something I wasn't down with, I'll include why and how to fix it to further explain what I'm hearing. Should everyone comment like that? If you can, it sure is helpful...but it's all in the delivery and there definitely has to be compassion for another person's "baby". Our songs are our children...it's easy to get bent when someone posts for the sake of a voice that is way off the mark. The whole thing will always be subjective, but there is a way to deliver the subjectivity to where it doesn't rip a person's face off.

6. Why don't you post or comment more Danny: I don't post songs because I don't feel the need nor do I think anyone would enjoy the stuff I do. Whether that's right or wrong, it's just how I feel. I comment when I can and have a pretty good idea who can take what I have to say and who may not be able to. I'm one that doesn't believe in "nice job!" and moving on. I see quite a bit of sugar coating going on in some of the comments as well. Not that it's a bad thing, but there are some songs that really need some guidance and in all honesty, there are times when you can do a friend a diservice by just saying "nice job, loved it!" and move on when you know there are issues that should be brought to a persons attention. Sure, sometimes we don't have the time...but do some of you that get a whole page of "nice job!" really accept that as honest, or are your friends just telling you what you want to hear? I just can't do that and have never done it on any site I've been on. Ok, so I'm too anal and have too much to say all the time...but if I say something, there's usually a good reason for it and once I bring it to your attention, just about always you'll at least see where I was coming from even if you don't agree.

7. Time, time and more time: As we get older, our lives change. There are times when you can crank out 2-3 songs per month, other times you crank out one song in 6 months to a year. This is just how life goes for us at times. Family, work, other obligations, the list goes on and on. Some of us have grown our businesses, other have grown a family. Some have lost their businesses, jobs, divorce, health issues...you get the picture.

At the end of the day, anything that gets posted here should be welcomed with open arms whether you like the person, comment or don't comment. We get a lot of incredible music on this forum for free that rivals some of the pro stuff we hear on the radio. I say embrace what we have when we get it, comment if you can, and if you can't, don't worry about it. It's all about sharing the gift of music. Sometimes we share the music, sometimes we share the emotions we get from the music...sometimes we choose not to share at all. It's a gift to us no matter what as far as I'm concerned. :)

-Danny

Well said my brothers.

Now........ what about MEEEEE!!!!!!!
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 11:15:42 (permalink)
Danny Danzi

philz

I guess that's my $.02.

-Danny

BRAVO!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 11:28:31 (permalink)
No How

LpMike75

1) New baby
3) music school

Mike,

CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby!!!

Yes, sleep is over rated. 

Thanks Rick!

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 13:12:20 (permalink)
@ rockinrobby ...

My ISP went down 5 seconds after I posted here yesterday so I haven't been able to respond in a timely manor ... it just came back up this morning but has been going up and down regularly.

As for the people with the multiple login's ... Bobby (or whoever he is) has alluded to being several people here. Some I am totally shocked of because they are well liked and well respected forum members that have even posted pictures and video's of themselves. If it's true all I can say is he's taking it to one hell of an extreme, including multiple web sites and all. He had a habit of posting something then regretting what he posted and went back and changed it. I saw him do it a few times. There's one guy who got all friendly with me, asked for my 'personal' email, and then I never heard from him again and they disappeared from the forum. So now I'm wondering if that was another one of Bobby's alter ego's? By the way ... the email I give out is just a fake account I made up for the forum's here, just because of whack-jobs like that. It's the same reason I don't use my full name here. With stolen identities and cybercrime these days, you're crazy if you do use your real name on public forums.

And you are right, there are some people here who post songs for feedback, and have never once posted on someone elses song. That's ok, there's no written rule that says you have to ... but on top of it, if you suggest anything he basically tells you to piss off. I just stopped commenting on his posts, even though he was amazingly talented. It wasn't anyone who has been part of this thread so far, but I don't want to say who it was. PM if you really want to know.

And then there's people who preach about good behavior and love your brother and don't practice what they preach. Talk about dual personalities. I have zero respect for people like that. We're here to have a good time, make cyber-friends, share our music, but unfortunately when you are in a public forum, you have to take the good with the bad ... and there is quite a few bad ones here that see themselves as something entirely different than what they really are ...

That said ... it's just the internet. Who really cares anyway? Ya know what I mean? Those of us who are regulars spend way too much time here anyway and could probably stand to get away from this for a while (I'm including myself in that assessment so don't get your panties in a bunch.) It shocks me how seriously some people take this place some times. It does give a sense of belonging though and I 'guess' that's part of what keeps me coming back to this particular pinpoint in the cyber-universe.
post edited by Bub - 2011/07/12 13:14:40

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
rockinrobby
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 17:26:39 (permalink)
Yeah I'm actually Janet too?

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 17:50:25 (permalink)
rockinrobby

That thought never entered my mind about you Robby ... odd that you mention it.

*tWiLiGhT zOnE mUsIc In ThE bAcKgRoUnD*

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
BenMMusTech
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2606
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 18:45:09 (permalink)
rockinrobby

Ben, listen to my latest? MFer! (That's not a comment toward you, that's my latest? It's called MFer) :-) And it's pretty good?

Hey Robby sorry your link does not work.

Peace Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
http://1331.space/
https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
StudioCat57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 19:35:47 (permalink)
I don't post here as much as I used too and for that matter on many sites I frequent. I might visit once or twice a year now and usually it's after I have written a song and put it out there for review,,,,

I usually will listen to other peoples material during the time I have posted/visit and will comment on those I feel a connection with. That typically is music similar to the style of music I like/write or music that moves me. I rarely comment on music I don't like just to stroke someones ego or give some stereo typical response. I have done it before and not real proud of it.

I stopped visiting/frequenting many sites due to people that come across with a "mightier than thou" altitude. There always seems to be someone that feel it's a necessity to tell others the "correct/right way." Their way!! Big turn off!!

Constructive criticism/none at all works for me. If someone responds to my post, great! If not, no big deal. 

I think this is a excellent thread because it puts things out in the open. Some people think their poop doesn't stink. I happen to think all do, especially mine!!! LOL!! Some smells are just more tolerable than others!!! 

In the end, it's all relative. Some are going to watch/listen, posting rarely or not at all, Some are going to post a lot wanting feed back!!! Some post way too much and scream for attention when they should concentrate on bettering themselves and their abilities and quit telling people how great they are. Let people make that conclusion...

I also feel that due to the economy and hard times, many are too busy trying to survive and aren't focused on the internet as much. I was unemployed for close to a year and the internet wasn't my priority. Finding a job was!! 

Hopefully there is a happy medium of posters and responders but that is rarely the case. And there should be no requirement as to "I responded to your post so you have to respond to mine." Kinda childish really...

My 2 cents...

Peace!!

Phil B.

P-4 3.0ghz- 3 gigs ram
Sonar 6.021 Producer
DM-3200
Motu 2408mk3
Lots of VST's
BenMMusTech
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 20:36:52 (permalink)
rockinrobby

Ben, listen to my latest? MFer! (That's not a comment toward you, that's my latest? It's called MFer) :-) And it's pretty good?

Ok I've had a listen to a couple of your tracks, I must admit it is not my kind of music but Missing Person and In Time were really well recorded and mixed.  The problem with MFer is the drums are a little washy.  The toms don't have enough punch, it sounds like the room you recorded in was a little crap.  On saying that, was that a real violin, if so, the recording is exellent.  Also excellent musicianship, I think I heard banjo, do you do it all yourself?

Well Done Brother and Peace

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
rockinrobby
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 21:01:21 (permalink)
:-) I did everything but the fiddle, Scottytunes did that :-) Thanks! I'll have to work on a porno track now I guess to show my versatility.

MannyNY
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 732
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 21:05:49 (permalink)
I think our energies ebb and flow – when the majority ebb, we have what you see here now. I would expect it to return to a more active and energized state. Like most others, I have my pet peeves; those who never comment but are often saying please listen to my latest…, those say that say “ that’s really great” even though it’s not (I assume it’s an effort to be encouraging), those who post a mindless jam and try to convince me it’s a song. These are silly things that annoy me (and maybe no one else)  but they never prevent me from coming back when I have the opportunity. If anything, the fact that I actually get annoyed reminds me of how petty I can be at times.

All in all, I think it’s a great place and I have heard some really good music here. I’ve also received some helpful criticism. I generally only comment when I like something – I know some people say “give me the good and the bad” but I just can’t get myself to do it. And I like X1, just got it this weekend and for me it seems to make it easier to put things together (I only have a single monitor) – and I like the way it looks.

So, a heartfelt “cheers and keep writing” to everyone here and all those new arrivals.

droddey
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5147
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 21:15:16 (permalink)
My excuse, whether it's true or not, is that it's getting to be summer. I don't have any A/C. In order to make sure the place is cool enough to sleep at night, I have to get the fans going and keep the doors and windows open. There are still days when it's cool enough to record, but not nearly as many as during the winter. And I'm a little more likely to want to sit on the porch and read as well.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:15:14 (permalink)
from DT land...busy busy busy....,,,loads of yard work...summertime is always hopin at the fire station...but we do manage to keep luckin away....think we got a few things coming soon......maybe even tonight (eyes Tony)
rockinrobby
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:25:04 (permalink)
I hate Summer... And one of the main reasons? "yard work..." Yard work "SUCKS!!" I had a 60 foot tall post oak that the power company felled in Feb? I started on it, and then threw my back out... It sat for a few months? Then the police left me a love note on the front door... Move it or pay a fine! It worked for a week straight, every day, 3 to 4 hours, in 90+ heat... With a chain saw cutting it up in to logs, and then rolling those in to the back yard where I can split the rest of it. It was like being "in hell..." I finished a couple of weeks ago? But "I hate the ****ing Summer... HATE IT!

BenMMusTech
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:26:28 (permalink)
You know something and this is going to sound a little selfish but it never occured to me to even return the favour and listen to other peoples songs until I read this post, once I realized that what a rude thing it was to post and expect people to listen and not do the same, I decided to rectify it.

I wonder if there are any other people out there who just haven't got it?

jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:26:35 (permalink)
Seeing as Factory Yoyo is located at the beach, I am completely unfamiliar with this notion of Summer being  anything less than awesome.

And this summer has been just that.
No How
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:44:15 (permalink)
I have tried and tried to get some tunes out as the desk is piling up but the gents are all off elsewhere.
Creighton is in the Florida giving his highschool sweetheart a tour of romantic crocodile infested everglades....Jaspar is taking a summer course in knitting a grand piano....Bert is touring the caves of southern Illinois with his uncle, a flask and a flashlight....Firth is stuffing cheetos and warm beer down his large mouth watching drag racing at the Slammer Downs Raceway in Tahlooha Bastrop, MS.   Tony is nowhere to be seen.  i/ve left 10 messages on his cell but the creep is probably in a holding cell somewhere where the bail is cheap enough to repeat but fat enough to make me not try too hard in finding him.

Aside from that i'm ready and willing.

s o n g s

Janet
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 22:58:47 (permalink)
rockinrobby

Oh, no you're not!  You talk WAY too much for me. 

JY: At the beach?  All the time?  As in, you live there?  You make me sick.    But enjoy it for me, K? 

As for me...life is busy.  Just way too busy.  But I do try to comment on most of the songs around here out of common courtesy and of course, because I actually like several of them. :)  Unfortunately, I'm not much (OK, hardly any) help with mixes and such, but once in a great while I may have something useful to say.

Danny, what makes you think we wouldn't like your music?  There's all kinds of music around here, and there's always someone to enjoy it.  :)  I've heard some of yours and I know I do.

Anyway, carry on....  I have some rare time in the studio I want to make the most of.  But I think part of the problem is the fact that it's summer.  And well, then there's that other problem...
rockinrobby
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 23:03:39 (permalink)
Janet

rockinrobby

Oh, no you're not!  You talk WAY too much for me. 

JY: At the beach?  All the time?  As in, you live there?  You make me sick.    But enjoy it for me, K? 

As for me...life is busy.  Just way too busy.  But I do try to comment on most of the songs around here out of common courtesy and of course, because I actually like several of them. :)  Unfortunately, I'm not much (OK, hardly any) help with mixes and such, but once in a great while I may have something useful to say.

Danny, what makes you think we wouldn't like your music?  There's all kinds of music around here, and there's always someone to enjoy it.  :)  I've heard some of yours and I know I do.

Anyway, carry on....  I have some rare time in the studio I want to make the most of.  But I think part of the problem is the fact that it's summer.  And well, then there's that other problem...

That was me "posting as Janet" pay no attention, it's just one of my alternate personalities :-) LOL! (and you know you love listening to me talk... And "yes?" I do talk too much? I know this.
post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/07/12 23:05:04

Janet
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:Cakewalk Songs Forum: Should someone administer Last Rites? 2011/07/12 23:12:03 (permalink)
You're sure about that?  lol

And don't you have something to be working on anyway?  :)
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1