Helpful ReplyCakewalk Support Help - can anyone from Cakewalk assist?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 11:48:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dcumpian 2017/02/24 09:03:04

buffspam
Template has 89 soft synth tracks, one instance of a softsynth per track. Many tracks have multiple instances though, each with their own channel.

when trying to problem solve situations like this, it is best to start in basic form.
Rather than loading the template that consists of almost 100 tracks, Load a simple basic template with a handful of synths. One by one you will be able to illuminate which one may be causing the issue.

If you are able to load in safe mode, chances are its a plug in.
But trying to load almost 100 tracks is a bit extreme for testing purposes.
Process and illumination.

Also: Make you may want to verify your MBOX 3 is plugged in to a USB 2 port.
Im not sure it has support for USB 3 (possibly the 3rd gens do im not rally sure. Check your Specs).

Hope I understood your reply.
Good luck.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 11:51:00 (permalink)
I have seen some setups using multiple machines to use a program to stream loop libraries, and sounds for soft synths.= Farming PCs to do it.

In one project over that number was being used.
Of course another DAW was doing it...So not so unheard of or witnessed, if so doing Classical score type Projects.

No limit to track count, if enough resource/cpu /memory and such is available...Ethernet or madi?...not sure...never got the chance yet to see into it....Too busy troubleshooting...But the teachers here have shown me the way out...and a way perhaps to see into....One day of hope.

Best of...Keep the spirit alive...and Truth will come...In the good, or very good done...and some saved trying to right the wrongs in the Earth....The good fight on!

I still say to the OP....Os is making install errors....Not sure if it is some kind of checksum program now checking violations of some codex...or holdings..or removings of ...third party installs...or needs or dependencies to cause this kind of corruption of The installs....or just plain old new over writing the data...or a slip stream being of interuptions while installing.....But, something is a miss, and something is a mess trying.

Too much to handle of Novice users....To dig into code not knowing coding of.

So...I know some of the ones whom do know are here...Best of are on this now....Be seeking into truth...and it is never dead while seeking it....He rose up from...and he lives still with.....And it is in us put...and cannot be removed by lies or liars saying this is our LAW...or this is agreed by to let It over rule Truth.

If the codex is causing the installation processes to be twisted to this state of ill use....are you using it as said in agreement?..or can it be used if so doing..over time to sabotage progress?...if it is cause by updates or such...or put into the base OS codex to do....

Glad some tools help those of issues...see into trying to resolve for free...to keep the cash cow leaner yet still...I still say, it should not be fed at all....That might get the cash cow to stop selling half backed goods.

And I do not mean CW.....although it is riding a big fat beast of dirty Cow...It should move to the horse ...or Camel

Truth....nothing trumps it....eye of a needle eh..

Oh..yah O.P.er...sorry for the off topics...Just saying to Bob F...and others can be done...if only...but as said to do by the truth is being done for free....see..it will be done as said....You know the truth is already working on it.

Sir Les.

post edited by Sir Les - 2017/02/23 12:23:04

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
buffspam
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 11:54:25 (permalink)
89 Soft-synth instances tied to 89 tracks (mostly kontakt and PLAY each with multiple channels).  The reason for this is I need channel tools to independently control each channel for spatial positioning (using Mike Verta's delay tactic).  I could max kontakt and play instances out using channels and tie them to MIDI tracks but I wouldn't be able to position them independently.  I find Delay is superior to panning as you don't loose any of the stereo signal and it sounds more natural.  Considering the pro's templates sometimes have 400 tracks I didn't feel 89 tracks were that much.  Maybe Sonar really doesn't like this, but it runs stable when on load.
buffspam
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 11:58:21 (permalink)
Sorry for the repost but I added the image and then my post just disappeared....

@robert_e_bone

-------
Below is my system, I hope you see something I missed

System
Skylake i7 4.0Ghz
Asus B150M-PLUS - D3
16x4 Crucial CT2K204864B160B (64GB) 
Crucial MX200 250GB OS Drive
Crucial MX200 1TB Samples Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Storage / Samples Drive
Asus GT720-2GD3-CSM
Asus DVD RW
Logitech Mk270 Wireless Mouse / Keyboard connected to Plugable USB 2.0 Switch
MBOX 3 (USB)
Yamaha NU1 (USB)
Impulse Novation (USB)
Ilok (USB)
Active Plugins for Template file that crashes / System Build Info 
Sonar Ver 22.12.0.Build 13 [2016.12]
Play 5.0.1 (EWSO, HWB, HWS, SD2, SD3)
Kontak 5.5.1.451
Ivory II Cantabile 2.0.0.20064
Best Service Engine (newest revision)
Addictive Drums 2
QL Spaces 1.1.26
Sonar Channel Tools
Sonar Equalizer
Sonar Compressor
Voxengo SPAN
S-Gear 2
VahallaVintageVerb

Cakewalk Generic Surface setup mapping for my Impulse Novation
Template has 89 soft synth tracks, one instance of a softsynth per track. Many tracks have multiple instances though, each with their own channel.

robert_e_bone

Total Posts : 8093Joined: 12/26/2007Location: Palatine, ILStatus: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 17 hours ago (permalink)

Well - it looked like an access violation from what I saw in the snippet of dump analysis pasted a couple of posts earlier. It showed this for the Exception Record:

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

And, as far as the observation that someone posted about a number of modules that couldn't load - the messages in the dump analysis text were talking about the series of PDB symbol files for the listed modules that it didn't have those symbol libraries available for the dump analysis program to use.

PDB symbol files, are used for mapoing the identifiers that you create in source files for classes, methods, and other code to the identifiers that are used in the compiled executables of the program - in this case the missing files listed in the dump analysis text are several from the various routines used in the source code for Sonar, and then there are also missing PDB files for various listed plugins.

IF one were to have those symbol files and provide the path to them to the dump analysis program, it could then give back more usable information on where the errors map back to in the source code.

NONE of those PDB files would be available to someone outside of technical support folks at Cakewalk, or the various makers of the plugins listed there, but the Sonar support folks would certainly have all of the ones needed to analyze a Sonar dump.

So anyways - there IS an Access Violation present, as shown in the exception record for the dump at hand, and an error like that used to a fairly common thing - when folks didn't have Windows maintenance up to date and were missing some set of C++ Run-Time Redistributable routines.  Other times, access violations could be caused by some sub-component needing to either be installed with, OR required to have Sonar launched with - the explicit Run As Administrator execution option.  PLEASE NOTE that Run As Administrator is NOT the same as running something using a Windows Account that is of type Adminitrator.  

So - somebody isn't happy with the ability to access instructions at the memory address listed in the dump.  Even without assistance from the Sonar folks - you could start reviewing exactly which plugins are loaded in the failing project, then load in Safe Mode and load one of those plugins at a time, until you see which one is loaded last when it fails again.  Then, look for any published info on that module and access violations and such - and MAYBE you can work past this.

If I can help you, I would be happy to try.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Answer Helpful Forward  Quote   #19

buffspam

Total Posts : 18Joined: 9/7/2015Status: online

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 16 hours ago (permalink)

Bob

Totally awesome, you confirmed what I thought.  I couldn't get the right analysis because only cakewalk (and the other companies) have the symbols.  I need them to analyze the dump fully (or give me the symbol library for my debugger).  Single process elimination would be the most logical way to solve a problem except mine doesn't give me the easy way out.  

All of my projects load in safe mode without issues 100% of the time!  When I first boot my PC for the day projects load without issue I'd say like 80% of the time normally, and then if I close and reopen any project, they tend to fail 50% of the time.  If I load in the same project that failed right afterwards in safemode, tabbing through the plugins it works without issue.  With this scenario, there's no way to point to anything specifically.  Part me wonders if the hardware is holding onto something causing these issues (mbox3, yamaha NU1, impulse novation, ilok are my usb devices) but I can't be sure.  When sonar crashes SONARPRO.EXE hangs around in the process manager for a few minutes.  No amount of command line process ending works to kill it or its child processes. On the bright side, the system runs rock solid for 12+ hour straight with a project open pushing my skylake i7 to its limit with the process of occupying 50 of 64GB of active RAM.  PC doesn't BSOD for issues either, it's just a crash to the desktop.

At this point I'd have to eliminate every dll one by one, then go through track instances (since without a reliable crash point I can reproduce, I can't eliminate anything), then the hardware. At that point its almost easier to rebuild the entire box from scratch. You know how much it takes to set one of these up even if done in an organized logical way. 

My system runs without issue when up and considering I don't switch between projects that often, do I risk messing the whole thing up to fix this problem?  I was hoping Cakewalk could do a dump analysis and maybe give me some indication (could be something stupid like the USB port fighting with Sonar, or some 3rd party DLL I thought I removed somewhere) of where this issue is.

I still hope I get that dump analysis, but until then I keep looking.  Given this situation I'm open to alternative approaches, any other thoughts would be appreciated!

Forward  Edit   #20

buffspam

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 16 hours ago (permalink)

Chucke

Yes, the community here has been responsive and helpful, please see my response to Bob.  Safemode has been useful (can get around it) and not useful (cannot eliminate anything). 

Forward  Edit   #21

robert_e_bone

Total Posts : 8093Joined: 12/26/2007Location: Palatine, ILStatus: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 15 hours ago (permalink)

Hey buffspam - what precise Sonar version and BUILD are you running?  If you launch Sonar and then click on the About Sonar under the Help tab, it will display that information - or if Sonar is down but you installed it via the Cakewalk Command Center, you will see if displayed there if you click on 'Sonar' on the left - it will display your current version/build over on the right side.

Anyways - please also list your entire set of plugins that are loaded into one of the failing projects, so I can take a look at them and do some digging.

Are there ANY third-party 32-bit plugins being used?

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Answer Helpful Forward  Quote   #22

Musicman762

Total Posts : 29Joined: 3/6/2015Status: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 14 hours ago (permalink)

I agree the culprit is probably a bad plugin, since the project loads in Safe Mode. 

Eliminating them, one by one, as previously suggested, can take a lot of time, but you can probably reduce some of that time by starting with non-sonar plugins. 32B plugins is definately a prime suspect, if you aren't on a 32B installation.

Last resort would be to open the project in Safe mode, save anything you can. Clone the track properties and move them to a new project, import or cut and paste the track data, reinsert your plugins, and move on...

Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #23

telecharge
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS 

Total Posts : 456Joined: 3/31/2014Location: Enfuego, MontereyStatus: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 13 hours ago (permalink)

I'm not a programmer, but Dependency Walker and its ilk are known to be helpful for troubleshooting crashes.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/check-what-dll-or-ocx-dependency-files-is-needed-for-a-software

Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #24

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS 

Total Posts : 927Joined: 7/9/2012Location: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA,Status: online

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 12 hours ago (permalink)

All I can say has been said...But Wow Guys...You sure know your stuff....and learning what is involved to read into system failures of x y z....sure is a eye opener....

Thank you Bob...and the post of such intel....I see more so with open eyes....Because of that being posted.

Learning is hard when no teachers offer it up...or user to see by others, or waiting on how to do it our selves....etc...when things burn....then the tears go up to dark days of loss...be it only material...the helper live on!, and the teachers teach...and the good...make good, or very good of the bad...is liken...lol..symbolic in terms..

Thank You all!...you sure make my heart lift up...more so knowing!

Keep on rocken it out here!

Cheers!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #25

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS 

Total Posts : 927Joined: 7/9/2012Location: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA,Status: online

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2 hours ago (permalink)

buffspam
Below is my system.  I have screenshots compiled for my complete plugin list but I tried to attach an image as an upload but the forum's option for upload is completely blank (can't actually select something).  I tried adding the image to my webpage and linking it but that doesn't work either.  Does anyone else have issues with attaching attachments?

System
Skylake i7 4.0Ghz
Asus B150M-PLUS - D3
Asus GT720-2GD3-CSM
Asus DVD RW
MBOX 3 (USB)
Yamaha NU1 (USB)
Impulse Novation (USB)
Ilok (USB)
Active Plugins for Template file that crashes / System Build Info 
Sonar Ver 22.12.0.Build 13 [2016.12]
Play 5.0.1 (EWSO, HWB, HWS, SD2, SD3)
Kontak 5.5.1.451
Ivory II Cantabile 2.0.0.20064
Best Service Engine (newest revision)
QL Spaces 1.1.26
Sonar Channel Tools
Sonar Equalizer
Sonar Compressor
Voxengo SPAN
S-Gear 2
VahallaVintageVerb
Cakewalk Generic Surface setup mapping for my Impulse Novation

use photo bucket and get the link...

hope it helps.

band together...stay cool...

Best of the Day...Sun is still shining down on us all...a blessing is coming.

Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #26

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS 

Total Posts : 3280Joined: 11/3/2005Status: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 1 hour ago (permalink)

buffspam

Are you saying that when you start a project you are opening 89 instances of soft synths? Or are those just mappings that are available?

Regards,
Dan

My music: 
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #27

BobF
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS 

Total Posts : 4698Joined: 11/5/2003Location: Missouri - USAStatus: offline

Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 1 hour ago (permalink)

Wow - is that a new record?

Bob - "3:59"  --
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
S-Plat(Lifer) x64 / i5-3350P@3.10GHZ, 16GB Win 8.1 x64 
Samson Graphite 49, Akai MPD 26, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort(AZ), Tascam US-16x08 ASIO + ARC2/Event PS8s

Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #28

buffspam

I figured I'd have to do something like that, now I got an image up there, thank you!

Forward  Edit   #29

chuckebaby
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS 

Total Posts : 7624Joined: 1/4/2011Status: offline

buffspam

when trying to problem solve situations like this, it is best to start in basic form.
Rather than loading the template that consists of almost 100 tracks, Load a simple basic template with a handful of synths. One by one you will be able to illuminate which one may be causing the issue.

If you are able to load in safe mode, chances are its a plug in.
But trying to load almost 100 tracks is a bit extreme for testing purposes.
Process and illumination.

Also: Make you may want to verify your MBOX 3 is plugged in to a USB 2 port.
Im not sure it has support for USB 3 (possibly the 3rd gens do im not rally sure. Check your Specs).

Hope I understood your reply.
Good luck.

Chuck Jones 
The Elements Of Love
Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64 
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

My Sonar X2 tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZS61Wg-XY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAnAPR6-hQ
Answer Helpful Report AbuseForward  Quote   #30

Page: 12>  Showing page 1 of 2

buffspam
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)        Paragraph Font Family Font Size                 
Path: p

Submit Post

Home » [Cakewalk Products] » SONAR » Cakewalk Support Help - can anyone from Cakewalk assist?
Jump to:  Jump to - - - - - - - - - -  [Cakewalk Products] - - - - SONAR - - - - Music Creator - - - - Cakewalk Instruments - - - - Cakewalk Hardware - - - - The Archives [Feedback Loop] - - - - Features & Ideas - - - - Problem Reports - - - - Cakewalk Store [The Studio] - - - - Hardware - - - - Software - - - - Computers - - - - Deals [Community] - - - - Coffee House - - - - Songs - - - - Techniques 

© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Products
SONARRapture ProZ3TA+ 2Music Creator 7ProChannel ModulesCA-2A Leveling AmplifierRE-2A Leveling AmplifierStudio InstrumentsDimension ProTop Downloads
Learn
CakeTVSONAR UniversitySONAR TipsBooks and TutorialsMusic Production TipsDrum Production TipsGuitar TipsSynth TipsMixing TipsDAW Best PracticesLearn SONAR online with BerkleeObedia
Get Support
Knowledge BaseFAQsOnline DocumentationDownload ProductsRegister ProductsDownload Command CenterMy AccountContact Support
Community & News
Cakewalk ForumsCakewalk BlogCakewalk NewsletterGoogle+ CakewalkTwitter CakewalkFacebook CakewalkMyspace CakewalkYouTube CakewalkCakewalk EventsCakewalk ArtistsPress Releases
Cakewalk Inc
About UsCareersCakewalk Dealers
Copyright © 2017 Cakewalk, Inc. All rights reserved 
Privacy Policy | Legal | Contact Us

robert_e_bone
post edited by buffspam - 2017/02/23 13:02:25
Sir Les
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 12:51:58 (permalink)
Are any patches given for EW SD2 and SD3?..and such ..EW?..I got those plugs installed here ...I think they were totally put in right , and some I have of their libraries, you do not, are all having patches 101 or 103...etc......Also have the Best Service Engine/Era and forest,..Voxengo Span...Thanks for the intel...this could be also my issues of many.

to look into when my RMA returns.

That You CW Forum Members....

Now OS 8.1 was last reinstalled by me here about a week ago or a bit longer,...clean?...nope could not do that at all, or install anything proper of motherboard drivers kept disappearing and no way to make windows updates work at all......and just installing Drivers...I had issues more so than this...With critical errors and such logging...SO installers might be hampered , I guess downgrading from a mirgrated install from that 8.1 over ruled the licence to allow without being checkes by MS tech remote to allow the install back to by viewing system machine number was still correct...Regardless of Retail full version paid, not OEM....Still a unknown...and no way to show anything else being a cause...as it was Just OS being installed onto the corrupted and bent out of order by Updates forced by win 10...and more so going into the 1611 OS build crippled the ASUS boards micro codes...and Bios...here.

So, something is oddly wrong in some format with the OS of MS....if this is coded proper (Plug ins)...should be....dll, and or dependencies needed to run them put by the installer of them to the right places put...are put, yet are now missing in action?....Why?.

Could be tied to...Installer applets, and or OS policing for cracks or hacks?....And some resetting defaults, and or...things running in background running, while installers try to install those things to,...to be interrupted when installing, a cause of concern now?.

Now ...if when installing, it is said to turn off third Anti virus apps, and defender if so,...And you think you did do all...but os is now policing for, and removing things it deems harmful or in conflict with what it does do.....You might see liken it being a anti virus still running which is now OS Protocol employed process to stop cracks and hacks.....Doing its checksums...?...if that be the word?...sure is a word of the day!

Just saying in assuming how a coder would think to say...or a tech saying it to me...once upon a time...When installing any application to do so....Yet you cannot truly do...if so, that I post about is being done while doing by OS unaware.......Checking for...Hack or unknown file types...or just a funny hexi word...might be made useless....via.

buffspam
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 12:55:26 (permalink)
@chuckle

Didn't think about the mbox causing an issue on usb 3 but in my case  I checked and it's on a usb 2 port.  

You suggestion of looking at this on a smaller scale is pretty much what I may have no choice to do, your right.  It's also in line with what most people suggested, outside of randomly pulling plugins that have 'known issues'.  With the shear number of combinations though it could take me weeks of elimination to figure it out, and if its related to a piece of hardware or related to the size and scope of my template (meaning the plugins and hardware are fine, but at a certain point Sonar has issues opening all of it) I might never figure it out. 

There is a reason crash dump analysis is so useful - you can't observe what your apps / windows is doing in the background - Cakewalk might be able to literally tell me today what was the last item loaded before it went down saving me possibly months of elimination work.  Maybe not, but with apps where the symbols are known, I'm able to diagnosis route causes for app crashes most of the time.   And as you've seen, I've done the basic stuff.  Heck, if Cakewalk would just respond and say 'Hey, sorry, we are busy, but in 2 weeks we can schedule a call with you and analyze your dumps and help out', I'd be patient.  Or give me all the symbols they have (I bet they have them for PLAY, Kontakt, and major libs otherwise they couldn't test their app).  I'd even PAY for it!!! 

That being said I guess I'll continue to eliminate and remove to see if I can figure out what's causing it.

buffspam
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 12:57:05 (permalink)
@telecharge

This is interesting, I'll check these tools out, thanks!
Sir Les
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 13:09:39 (permalink)
Am I saying Truth...or is it assumed?...check it...or use the spirit?...I know hate of truth of the one ,was before me...said,...was born,...do not fear truth....He is always with the Father of Truth!...message sent...many ways said and written....Do not hate me....I came to help....not the way you want is it put...But what is right is said my way....to learn and be learnt...to serve and be served Justice for all...and all is one won over the lies put!....always.

Thank you CW forum members for allowing me to say it....in my way...and the forum for so letting it be said.

Cheers....Test it out.

Sir Les
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 13:18:04 (permalink)
Yes Thanks...I am going to get those tools also....just to make my case against MS...proof.

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/23 22:31:13 (permalink)
Hey buffspam - your earlier post was deleted by the forum software's spam detection logic.  I did a restore of the original post, so it is back where you first posted it in the thread.  When we restore posts, it is supposed to also help the spam logic learn from its false flagging and deletion, so hopefully this has all made the world a better place.

I am pretty maxed out for tonight, but will review your posted information either in the wee hours or in the morning.

I'd like to see your post count up to the point where you and I can send messages and dumps back and forth and all of that - perhaps if you were to review and post feedback on some of the forum member's songs in the song forum (they always appreciate good constructive feedback), or find a topic of discussion in any of the other forums - so that you get that post count up to where you can send/receive private messages - that would really help out here some.  I think that number of posts needed might be 25.

Bob Bone

Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/24 02:53:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby robert_e_bone 2017/02/24 09:18:36
buffspam - I have no idea how to fix your problem, but I just wanted to say your patience and your courteous posts in this thread have been exemplary. Your frustration is palpable, and you clearly are familiar with software troubleshooting, and you have plenty of reason to blow up -- at us or at Cakewalk, and yet you hold your fire and keep trying. Bravo. (I'm serious.)

I sincerely hope you get this resolved and make some music.

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/24 09:02:01 (permalink)
buffspam
89 Soft-synth instances tied to 89 tracks (mostly kontakt and PLAY each with multiple channels).  The reason for this is I need channel tools to independently control each channel for spatial positioning (using Mike Verta's delay tactic).  I could max kontakt and play instances out using channels and tie them to MIDI tracks but I wouldn't be able to position them independently.  I find Delay is superior to panning as you don't loose any of the stereo signal and it sounds more natural.  Considering the pro's templates sometimes have 400 tracks I didn't feel 89 tracks were that much.  Maybe Sonar really doesn't like this, but it runs stable when on load.

I wouldn't think any DAW would like this. Unless you have a monster of a machine, that is also incredibly stable, it's usually best to bounce the audio to separate tracks and do your spatial stuff on those audio tracks. You can remove or freeze the soft synths at that point and they will no longer cause potential problems.

I know there are folks who say that is unnecessary and you can create a mix directly from a soft synth's output, but that will only work for smaller projects (somewhat less than 89 tracks).

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/24 09:09:29 (permalink)
dcumpian

I wouldn't think any DAW would like this. Unless you have a monster of a machine, 

System
Skylake i7 4.0Ghz
Asus B150M-PLUS - D3
Asus GT720-2GD3-CSM
Asus DVD RW
MBOX 3 (USB)
Yamaha NU1 (USB)
Impulse Novation (USB)
Ilok (USB)

oof!

just a sec

buffspam
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/25 11:50:12 (permalink)
Good morning all.  I really appreciate the support from the community here!  I managed to make some headway with my system in a very good way but I still don't know what's causing the crashes.  

I've rebuilt my template many times to try to fix this; however, this time when I did it I tried something different. Instead of building it in one shot, I built in sections.  This took some time.

• I built a template with 1 instance of each plugin (soft synths, effects, etc) the master template uses.  
  • I reloaded it at least 4 times to see if it would crash.
  • I would wait after closing a project until the memory was completely released by the app to the system before loading the next project.  It didn't crash.  
  • Then I would add the rest of the template section by section (winds, brass, synth, etc), saving each iteration as another file name and testing reloading 4 times.  Of course, THIS time the full template worked in the end.
What this tells me is that its not directly related to function of a plugin nor the hardware of the system, but some zany combination in the previous projects or with how the plugins interacted with other.  What were the updates since the last template build, Play 5->5.0.1 and Sonar's December release.  Ok, so its possible they fixed a bug in one of those but I still tend to think its some screwy combination.  Still odd that I had this issue with each template build for the last year or so.  I just dealt with it at the time but the crashes became more frequent or I just got sick of seeing them.

So the good news I have a known good state that I can archive.  If I get crashes in the future I can review what changed between this point in time and then.  I also have many different versions of the file which could help in elimination.  Glad it didn't come down to hardware device elimination and swapping video cards and usb devices (you'd be amazed at the screwball things I've seen a USB mouse due to a PC).  However, I still don't know the cause.  

The priority is a bit lower, but soon I will do the reverse with an existing file that has issues.  Remove section by section until I get the file to load (saving each revision).  If it never loads maybe it was an issue with one of the Play or Kontakt versions. Play 5 is great. but earlier versions were a bit iffy.

@dcumpian @pwalpwal

I know I've taken a seemingly resource inefficient route but I built a system with the power to handle it.  I tested the system by taking one of my projects that have the CPU usage at about 90% using 55GB of memory space and let the file run in loops over a weekend.  I listed to it for periods of time, and with right buffer, no pops, cracks or skips.  I also was able to get excellent performance results with an i5, I just upgraded to the i7 for the really intense projects.  

Bouncing to audio is what many due, and your right, a far more stable approach, but as I do mostly orchestral work the stereo field placement building the hall adds to element I need to create the works I make.  I'm by no means a professional but I've followed the paths of Mike Verta and Blake Robinson and their templates indeed get this large and MIDI is not always bounced to audio.

I will keep everyone posted, but still encourage anyone with an idea of what would have caused that crash.  It's rare that people have a crash without reproducing in safemode or a clear hardware issue, but if you do a modified approach to what I did it might help.  And its what pretty much most people here said but mine was just lurking in a darker corner.

buffspam
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/25 11:54:30 (permalink)
Larry Jones

I appreciate the sentiment. I am still a bit frustrated with Cakewalk, but the responsive forum has been excellent.  My frustrations also would be no excuse to show a lack in courteousness, graciousness, and constructive commenting either.  This civility is something I we are seriously lacking that in a lot of places online these days!
robert_e_bone
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/25 12:29:38 (permalink)
Good morning, buffspam - any chance you can get your post count up from its current 20 to 25?

Thanks - that would let me communicate with you and have you send me some stuff to look at and all of that sort of thing - I will check back in an hour or two to see if you have hit 25 or more on the post count.

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/02/26 07:36:09 (permalink)
Well - it appears that the magic number for forum members being able to send/receive Private Messages is either 15 or 20, because I was able to send a message to buffspam and he was able to reply.

(buffspam I sent an additional message to you)

Bob Bone

Musicman762
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/01 08:10:01 (permalink)
I just thought of something else, if you haven't already figured it out...

Make sure Windows, your Project sampling rate, your sound module, and plugins are all set to the same Sampling rates. I have had instances where a project won't open due to incompatible sampling rates being used...
Musicman762
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/02 00:20:11 (permalink)
I thought of something else to check that may cause an instant crash....
Make sure the Project Sample rate, Windows, your audio interface, plugins, and any existing project files you have loaded are all compatible
UNSTMAN100
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/18 14:05:22 (permalink)
Cakewalk Home Studio + Cakewalk Sonar 6

Hi Folks

I would like to ask how you get the Kirnu Cream Arpeggiator to work in the above programmes using MIDI

I have tried various ways, but with no luck. 

My Setup is:- 

Sound Module 1 is directly connect to the computer via a PCI Slot (this being the Yamaha SW1000 XG Card - L/R Phono out)

Sound Module 2 is a Roland Juno-D Synthesizer Keyboard (built in sound module - 6mm jack out to jack in) 

I have a midi to usb connector from the Roland going to an usb port on the computer

Please, please can you help. I would very much appreciate any advice.....or any Arpeggiator VST which works with the above programmes. 

Thank you for your help. 

David (fae Scotland) lol
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/18 14:16:53 (permalink)
hey david, you'll need to provide more info that they definitely work (e.g., Yamaha SW1000 XG is old! which version windows are you using? do they show up as devices in sonar? some useful discussion here http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-64-and-Yamaha-SW1000XG-m2085481.aspx )
otherwise, a generic way to route would be:
  1. insert cream (with midi-out enabled) as a new track
  2. insert the vtsi you want to be driven by cream - then on this track, set the midi input to cream, and make sure input monitor is enabled on this vsti track
that's it, but may need adjusting to suit your modules - there are users here who use external modules/synths, hopefully one will chime in
good luck!

just a sec

robert_e_bone
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/18 14:57:03 (permalink)
Hi UNSTMAN100 - you would benefit both yourself, and the poster of this thread, to create a separate new thread with your questions/issues - so as to give you clear answers to your problem, and to not mingle issues from different folks in the same thread.  :)

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/18 15:23:42 (permalink)
Good morning buffspam - With regard to your attempts to test your issues a section at a time - that is a great idea - when reading that post of yours, it made me think of something that might help you.

Instead of having such a massive Project Template - why not build a series of TRACK Templates - with logical groups of tracks in each Track Template?  So, start by opening the giant Project Template, then select 10-20 tracks that would normally be used together, and export as a Track Template?  Then do the same with another logical group of tracks, repeating until you have finished going down all of the tracks from the initial giant Project Template.

Then, when launching any NEW projects, you would start with a MUCH smaller, or even empty, Project Template - and then insert one of the Track Templates only when you get to where that group of tracks (and associate buses/effects/routing assignment/etc) are needed.  This would give you access to absolutely everything needed - but would do so in a way to where your computer wouldn't have to work so hard lugging around a bunch of stuff that isn't yet needed.  ALL of your project operations would function MUCH quicker - perhaps MINUTES quicker at a time for some things (like every Save), and if you made sure to do a Save prior to inserting a given new Track Template, if that began having troubles, you would EASILY be able to go back to that Saved version right before the newest Track Template was added - making any debugging and resolution MUCH easier and MUCH faster.

I have one other thought - if your CPU is running at 90% I am wondering if that is during recording or if it is during mixing.  If during recording, I would suggest you avoid loading in a bunch of effects (OR temporarily Bypass All Effects when tracking/recording - by hitting the letter 'E' on the computer keyboard - you can turn them back on by hitting 'E' again), and also if not already doing so, lessen the presence of soft synths you aren't currently actively recording data for.  If, on the other hand, this is happening during mixing - then perhaps your ASIO Buffer Size is running too small for the workload - and I would in that case suggest cranking up the ASIO Buffer Size to at or near its largest setting.  That would drop the CPU load down potentially by quite a lot, and would again also help your performance.  There is no need for a small ASIO Buffer Size when mixing.

Just some thoughts - By the way - GREAT news on your rebuild somehow getting past your earlier issues.

Bob Bone

UNSTMAN100
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: No Response From Cakewalk Support - can anyone from Cakewalk assist? 2017/03/18 15:49:06 (permalink)
Hi pwalpwal

The version of Windows I am using is Wondows 10 Pro.

Using Cakewalk Sonar 6

I created 1 track using Kirnu Cream, with a midi in from my Yamaha UX16 Midi connecter (This is connected to my Roland Synthesizer and then going into a USB Port on the computer) Kirnu Cream is picking up the input from the midi connecter. The track setting is :-

Cakewalk Sonar 6 Setup

(ticked - midi source, first synth audio output, enable midi output, synth rack view - midi source track, recall assignable controls, ask every time)

Track 1 (Kirnu Cream)
Input - Yamaha UX16, Channel 1
Output - Cream 1
Midi Channel = 1 Cream
0 - Bank 0

Keyboard display - output : Cream 1 primary out, output - Master

Track 2 (Cakewalk TTS-1 VST)

(ticked - midi source, first synth audio output, enable midi output, synth rack view - midi source track, recall assignable controls, ask every time)

Input - Cream 1 ch.1
Output - Cakewalk TTS-1 
Channel 1
Bank 15489-Preset normal 1
Piano 1 st

When I press a key, Cakewalk TTS-1 VST picks up the input and makes the appropriate sound. 

However, there is no input showing on the track where Kirnu Cream is assigned

I hope this can help further in resolving this technical issue? 

Regards

David (fae Scotland) :) 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1