Helpful Reply[Feedback] New Cakewalk Store

Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 7 of 8
Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/10 09:50:19 (permalink)
stickman393
SteveStrummerUK
maybe in future, if any further major renovations are planned, would it not be a good idea to let us know in advance

They did. See the first post:

>> Now we are pleased to announce that we'll be launching a new Cakewalk Store. The soft launch will begin tomorrow and the site will be temporarily hosted by cleverbridge.com. This will be moved over to shop.cakewalk.com later this week. <<

Perhaps "later this week" wasn't enough warning?

Yeah I saw that Colin.

I just missed the bit where it said "Some of your registered products may disappear into the ether during this process".

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

musec03
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/10 18:46:31 (permalink)
Ladies and Gentlemen ... the support staff at Cakewalk are some of the best in any industry... every problem I've reported has received a sensible reply and helpful advice or corrective procedure....

Your data migration (new store) is costing me over a thousand dollars this weekend because ...somehow... my purchases (all of the lengthy list) have been erased or just not migrated....

When does this (&*&*&^^%$%^&&) problem get corrected?

I've researched and found posts of the same nature dating back several weeks... I really do need a good answer to this... SONAR is all I use ...and I use it a lot.

I recommend it a lot ...and will continue to do so ...

DO your upper management folks understand the depth of this problem?
Did they all come from the Obamacare web design staff after they were fired for inefficiency?

Surely this isn't the action of any of the Cakewalk staff I have worked with ...and appreciate greatly.

I really do need an answer and a remedy to this ...for future reference, I am going to record every serial and registration number myself...

I've posted or replied in other threads about this in vain hopes someone can do something before Monday as every day I am down ...I'm losing cash today and tomorrow (tough luck, eh?) ... I actually rely on SONAR and it delivers... yep ...I'm aggravated.

ASUS G10AJ, WIN 8.1 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i73610QM, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, Presonus Studio 192
pentimentosound
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1535
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/10 19:12:53 (permalink)
Once I advised them what my previous emails have been over the past 14 years, more of my stuff showed up each time I went to the My Products page. So, if you have changed anything in your account, let them know by leaving feedback and then give them some time to track it down.

I still am missing some stuff, but am relaxed about it. I trust they'll sort it out.....It might take a while to sort all of our histories.
Michael
matt fresha
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/11 11:29:24 (permalink)
I just sent it feedback. I was missing about 6 or so products from my page. I also was sure to advise them of my previous e-mail address in the message. Hopefully this is resolved soon.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/11 11:59:21 (permalink)
musec03
Ladies and Gentlemen ... the support staff at Cakewalk are some of the best in any industry... every problem I've reported has received a sensible reply and helpful advice or corrective procedure....

Your data migration (new store) is costing me over a thousand dollars this weekend because ...somehow... my purchases (all of the lengthy list) have been erased or just not migrated....

When does this (&*&*&^^%$%^&&) problem get corrected?

I've researched and found posts of the same nature dating back several weeks... I really do need a good answer to this... SONAR is all I use ...and I use it a lot.

I recommend it a lot ...and will continue to do so ...

DO your upper management folks understand the depth of this problem?
Did they all come from the Obamacare web design staff after they were fired for inefficiency?

Surely this isn't the action of any of the Cakewalk staff I have worked with ...and appreciate greatly.

I really do need an answer and a remedy to this ...for future reference, I am going to record every serial and registration number myself...

I've posted or replied in other threads about this in vain hopes someone can do something before Monday as every day I am down ...I'm losing cash today and tomorrow (tough luck, eh?) ... I actually rely on SONAR and it delivers... yep ...I'm aggravated.

Hi musec03,

Sorry  for the trouble.

Seems like your previous Cakewalk Store account used a very different email address then the one you are using with your Cakewalk SSO account. That store account is already also associated with a different Cakewalk forum account (musec07). 

I'm sure you can understand, but we can't just willy-nilly migrate data from one account to another without some sort of qualifying information tying things together. Unfortunately it seems like you feel into a case where there was no automated logic that could do anything. The system actually correctly recognized your ownership as two identities. Had you associated your Cakewalk SSO account with your @msn.com email address, your purchase history would have shown up.

Sorry again for the trouble. I realize this is confusing from a user's point of view. I just wanted to take a moment to explain. Unfortunately with cases like this, humans need to get involved... which is where our support team and the feedback forms come in. 

Easiest thing to get back up and running. If you update your email address tied to your Cakewalk SSO account at http://www.cakewalk.com/my-account to your @msn.com account it should pull in all of your product ownership once you verify your email address. Alternately, a Cakewalk support member can migrate your data over.

Do you still have access to that email address? If so give it a shot. If not, shout back and I'll migrate things manually.

If anyone else is still having problems with product history, please continue to reach out to our support staff via the feedback form here https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Feedback or give us a call during support hours. They can and will get these types of corner-cases corrected.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/11 13:42:24 (permalink)

The problem I'm having is that I know I have at least two registered products missing, but I genuinely don't know/can't remember if there are any more.

I suppose the point is that I never thought I'd need to make a list of my registrations just in case something like this happened, I'd always assumed they would be safe in Cake's hands.

As far as I can remember, I've always used the same email, both for the Store and for the Forums, so I don't think that's the issue as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I can think of that might be relevant is that the two products I'm definitely missing (Music Creator 2004 & Guitar Tracks Pro2) may well have been registered via a different IP address.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

matt fresha
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/11 14:36:48 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Hi musec03,

Sorry  for the trouble.

Seems like your previous Cakewalk Store account used a very different email address then the one you are using with your Cakewalk SSO account. That store account is already also associated with a different Cakewalk forum account (musec07). 

I'm sure you can understand, but we can't just willy-nilly migrate data from one account to another without some sort of qualifying information tying things together. Unfortunately it seems like you feel into a case where there was no automated logic that could do anything. The system actually correctly recognized your ownership as two identities. Had you associated your Cakewalk SSO account with your @msn.com email address, your purchase history would have shown up.

Sorry again for the trouble. I realize this is confusing from a user's point of view. I just wanted to take a moment to explain. Unfortunately with cases like this, humans need to get involved... which is where our support team and the feedback forms come in. 

Easiest thing to get back up and running. If you update your email address tied to your Cakewalk SSO account at http://www.cakewalk.com/my-account to your @msn.com account it should pull in all of your product ownership once you verify your email address. Alternately, a Cakewalk support member can migrate your data over.

Do you still have access to that email address? If so give it a shot. If not, shout back and I'll migrate things manually.

If anyone else is still having problems with product history, please continue to reach out to our support staff via the feedback form here https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Feedback or give us a call during support hours. They can and will get these types of corner-cases corrected.

Hi Ryan. I know it's probably taking some time, but how long of a wait is it before we get some result or response? I just want to make sure that my messages aren't going unnoticed. I sent one yesterday noting the products I'm missing, but I sent another one today noting that they were registered under a different e-mail, and I included that e-mail.

SOME of my products show up, but a majority of my actual main programs aren't showing, PROBABLY because they were registered under a totally different e-mail address that I don't have access to. What's weird is that the products that do show up were also registered to that different address too. I just recently installed Sonar X3 Pro on a new machine so I have that serial number for verification purposes if need be, but waited a while before installing some of the others (like Dimension Pro and authorizing Rapture) so I DON'T have those serial numbers as I didn't write them down or anything. In fact, the reason I tried to log into the account yesterday was to get those serials. I assumed my data would be safe with my Cakewalk account but apparently I should've copied them down.
post edited by Vern C - 2015/01/12 09:47:38
NG
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/11 20:03:32 (permalink)
I just logged in my store account and everything has gone!! Nothing at all!! What should I do? sending my list to the support? or what exactly I'm supposed to do?

I solved it by creating a new account with the "store" registered email (which is different from the one here). All the products is shown now :)
post edited by NG - 2015/01/12 02:29:27
musec03
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 00:12:50 (permalink)
Hi Ryan ... I'll work with support folks tomorrow (Monday) ...we did migrate account information over the phone some time back when this all first began ... somehow we'll find out in the morning ...Thank You for your time spent researching this...

We're in the middle of studio upgrades for production starts tomorrow... I was able to find backups of the original installation files ...and got serials from the old computer ...the really frustrating thing about all this.... I had documented all serials and reg codes that file is absent from all three redundant backups... OH WELL...

Cakewalk always remedies problems... so on to Monday!

Thanks Again Ryan ...and Best Regards

ASUS G10AJ, WIN 8.1 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i73610QM, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, Presonus Studio 192
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 00:46:53 (permalink)
Is it possible to configure this as it was in the old store (or an option to do so) where the products are listed in a table? I actually copied and pasted that list into an Excel file on my machine; but if I had not, the new layout would be very troublesome for a re-installation process. The old layout also had a purchase date (and cost) field in it, which was useful for sorting.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
matt fresha
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 16:17:11 (permalink)
Still awaiting some help....how long does support usually take for this? Would the fact that I've started using a different e-mail address since I sent the feedback to support (which is the one I actually want to use) confuse anything?
post edited by Vern C - 2015/01/12 19:36:49
pentimentosound
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 20:41:04 (permalink)
Probably. Send 'em another and include all emails that you've used with Cakewalk. That seems to be what helped them, help me most.

I also have the emails for orders that are missing so I hope that helps them find my remaining missing stuff, too.
Michael
gustabo
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2591
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 20:54:06 (permalink)
Vern C
Still awaiting some help....how long does support usually take for this? Would the fact that I've started using a different e-mail address since I sent the feedback to support (which is the one I actually want to use) confuse anything?

About four weeks after using the store feedback form, I finally heard from them today...
YMMV...

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

matt fresha
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/12 21:16:20 (permalink)
Hopefully they see the new one I just sent. I think I listed EVERYTHING I'm missing and both e-mail addresses I used in those purchases. I see I'll have to be patient here. It just seems like some people are getting answers quicker than others.
pentimentosound
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/13 12:46:01 (permalink)
I just got 3 CW support emails and it looks like everything is there, save a link to re-download Volume 4 of the DFS library for Dim Pro.
I'm going through it slowly to check, but a lot showed up overnight!
AND I am finally back on the newsletter list!
Michael 
matt fresha
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/13 13:16:34 (permalink)
Wow, what timing on Cakewalk's part! Just as I was about to call Technical Support, as I was dialing, I decided to check the account and all of the products are now listed as they should be. All is well now!
musec03
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/13 21:32:32 (permalink)
Thank You Ryan Willy, Craig and the fellow at Cakewalk support whose name I cannot recall...

Cakewalk customer support is one of the best in any business...

TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/14 00:33:26 (permalink)
Just noticed that my VS-700 is not listed on my store page.
pentimentosound
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/14 09:55:20 (permalink)
If my memory serves me correctly, everything I've bought over the past 15 years is on my product page, now.
I'd like to thank Joe Conner and Dean Capper, and anyone else who worked to get it sorted!
Nice job! Congrats!
Michael

and we now turn back to our regular program; installs and authorizations!
ankur30904
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: [Feedback] New Cakewalk Store 2015/01/16 03:07:48 (permalink)
Hi

Is SONAR X3 studio Discontinued? and is it being replaced by Studio Artist/Professional/Platinum?

I want to purchase Online as I am from India. Can someone guide
rontarrant
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 643
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/16 07:43:35 (permalink)
brconflict
For example, you can't start a password with a number.

That's standard. I don't think I've ever found a web site, computer OS or anything else (other than bank PINs) that accepted a number as the first character. Okay, maybe a few, but most web sites are built using pre-existing templates, especially online stores. They're complex and no one wants to reinvent them in order to accommodate starting a password with a number.

So, IMHO, this is pretty much not going to happen.

-Ron T.
----------------------------------------------------------
MSI GE72 2QF-247US, 12 gb, Focusrite 6i6, AT-2020
----------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 x64, Sonar Platinum
burkek
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1104
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/16 15:04:08 (permalink)
The exchange rate is wrong for Canadian purchases. Sonar upgrade, $149 US, should be $178 Canadian but appears as nearly $191 Canadian. When will you fix? How do I get the actual exchange rate?

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

jlizerbram
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/16 18:49:31 (permalink)
I have just converted my SSO account, and I'm missing my X3 products.  I have submitted the request on the website, so hopefully it won't take too long for them to show up.

Sonica Labs (Q6600 Quad Core, 8GB, 500GB OS, 500 GB Audio, 500 GB Samples, 2TB Backup) 
Windows 8.1 Enterprise
2X Presonus Firestudio Projects, daisy-chained, using Universal Driver 1.7
Sonar Platinum
M-Audio Oxygen 88, Lots of EastWest using Play 4.2

...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/16 20:09:43 (permalink)
Well I had to clear my browser cache to get my proper price but now I'm in business. (thanks Cake for that tip!)

Downloading now. Two things pop to mind:
  • Why can't we browse and purchase from the Command Center? Seems like it would simplify things.
  • The Command Center feels like it should have a pause button for downloads. My crap internet in my studio is going to take a million years downloading this and I'd like to take breaks to get work done without my performance going into the toilet. :-)

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
you1oo1
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/18 17:35:54 (permalink)
I want to buy a sonar x3. However, there is no international financial debit card can only post office Republic of Korea. Tell me how. Sonarx3 in the cosmos as well buy a music store in Korea, but I want to buy directly from the United States.
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/19 17:29:49 (permalink)
Update, okay maybe there is some kind of pause feature. I came back to find the install stopped and when I restarted it picked back up at 54%. Yay!

Another feature that would be nice would be the ability to copy text in the UI. I had to enter a few serials (like the XLN one to get my free ADPaks) and being able to copy text instead of hand entering would be sweet. 

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/19 19:07:50 (permalink)
Sometimes text boxes do not allow right-click paste but will allow control-V.
And sometimes it is verse visa.
Hill62
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/20 08:42:43 (permalink)
I think this has been mentioned... bringing back the grid format would be nice.

But what I really want are dates displayed. This helps identify newer/older products I purchased, and versions. And distinguishes if I have 2 of the same product, when each was purchased.

Thank you

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite (x64), (SONAR Platinum  ), Sonar V-Studio 100, AKAI APC20, Axiom Pro 62, Win10 1703 (x64), i7-2600k 3.4 GHz , 16 GB DDR3, ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE, 250 GB SSD (OS), 3 x 450GB SATA 10K (Projects/Samples), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, ASUS 24" Monitors
jlizerbram
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/20 13:45:32 (permalink)
Shoutout to Lars at Cakewalk who helped me get all my products appearing in my Cakewalk Store!  Thank you!

Sonica Labs (Q6600 Quad Core, 8GB, 500GB OS, 500 GB Audio, 500 GB Samples, 2TB Backup) 
Windows 8.1 Enterprise
2X Presonus Firestudio Projects, daisy-chained, using Universal Driver 1.7
Sonar Platinum
M-Audio Oxygen 88, Lots of EastWest using Play 4.2

Susan G
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re: New Cakewalk Store coming tomorrow 2015/01/20 13:53:57 (permalink)
Hi-

Does anyone know how far back the products purchased list is supposed to go?

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 7 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1