Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!!

Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Author
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
  • Total Posts : 2084
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/06 01:19:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: UnderTow

ORIGINAL: Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]

Hi Guys,

Is it really annoying? With all due respect, are you sure it is annoying? I mean, when was the last time you used a VS-700 . I think you will find it to be totally useful. After all you cant play and pause at the same time, so what is the use of two buttons?

Will the button be configurable between just playing from the same spot or pausing? I use this (restarting play from the same spot without stopping) a lot in my daily work (not in Sonar). Most notably when recording voice overs. When the talent stalls or makes a mistake, just hit play again and you restart from exactly the same spot.

UnderTow

Hi UT,

The Pause button is just a pause button. However, the rotary encoders can be used in Marker mode. In other words they can be used to instantly jump form one marker to the next. This might do what you need it to do.
inhouseproducer
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/06 22:54:32 (permalink)
Seth, would you know if the VS700 will be able to process incoming audio like a UAD or Muse Receptor?

Using Roland Is A Cakewalk!!
Grammy Mixed Free Album: Mixed By Ken Lewis, Ryan West and Ben Arrindale. Mastered by Andy Krehm http://www.datpiff.com/Baynes-Baynes-Out-Of-The-Abyss-mixtape.238606.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2HArHbWf6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Crg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7719
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/07 05:42:03 (permalink)
To the whole thread: My sonar 8 came today. I've been up for 19 hours working and I'm too worn out to install it. Or deal with the fact that I can't add the control surface I want while I'm doing it. Once again life and business get in the way.

Craig DuBuc
neh
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/17 06:55:33 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Duojet
will act ever be bi directional on this thing? I am using a novation nocturn and all controls are bi directional for all plugins. if novation can do it i'm sure you guys can!

i initially thought the same thing about the extenders before i bought them. but it is really great to be able to solo/mute/select/pan, as well as control faders without having to hit the bank button two or three times. obviously others feel the same or the xts would not be selling.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a problem that you seem to have solved already. I'm trying to get the Nocturn working in a bidirectional way. Since there are several different strategies to let the Nocturn communicate with Sonar, I was wondering if you could give me a hint how you did it.

So far I could get it working OK using it as standard MIDI controller, though unfortunately this works only unidirectionally. Then there is a possibility to add it as Automap controller (or similar), or passing directly by Automap's plugin wrapper (though this will only work with plugins as far as I understand, and not with main mixes/buses).

What method are you using?

Any hints or suggestions appreciated :)
inhouseproducer
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/17 17:07:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: inhouseproducer

Seth, would you know if the VS700 will be able to process incoming audio like a UAD or Muse Receptor?

or like the Steinberg MR816 CSX??

Using Roland Is A Cakewalk!!
Grammy Mixed Free Album: Mixed By Ken Lewis, Ryan West and Ben Arrindale. Mastered by Andy Krehm http://www.datpiff.com/Baynes-Baynes-Out-Of-The-Abyss-mixtape.238606.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2HArHbWf6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
  • Total Posts : 2084
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/20 04:23:24 (permalink)

or like the Steinberg MR816 CSX??

Nope, there is no DSP on board the VS-700.

EDIT: There is DSP on each mic preamp's input, but not in the way you are alluding to. There is a rather large dsp built into your computer which SONAR takes full advantage of ... its called your CPU .
post edited by Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk] - 2008/10/20 04:29:27
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
RE: Sonar / Roland Hardware BUT!!! 2008/10/20 07:12:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]

ORIGINAL: UnderTow

Will the button be configurable between just playing from the same spot or pausing? I use this (restarting play from the same spot without stopping) a lot in my daily work (not in Sonar). Most notably when recording voice overs. When the talent stalls or makes a mistake, just hit play again and you restart from exactly the same spot.

UnderTow

Hi UT,

The Pause button is just a pause button. However, the rotary encoders can be used in Marker mode. In other words they can be used to instantly jump form one marker to the next. This might do what you need it to do.

Hi Seth,

Not really. This is unrelated to markers. Here is the scenario: You have your now time set to time X in a project. Press play and Sonar starts playing. Press play again and Sonar jumps back to time X and plays from there. Everyone time you press play, Sonar jumps back to time X and plays from there.

UnderTow

Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1