LockedMade Sonar X1 video on Youtube

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
  • Total Posts : 2084
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 02:42:12 (permalink)
Crush

But again, if anyone here ACTUALLY PRODUCED electronic music they would know this is a requirement so the 7 part drum series is a moot issue. (that series which is awful btw.. I mean at the very end the drums sound worse than they did before he passed all the eq on them. He took great natural drum sounds and then killed them in the final product). Ask anyone and they would choose the drop zone method for drums. The only thing I didn't cover that I should have was quantize.

Thanks for the kind words about the videos I produced.

It's clear from your videos that although you may know your way around FL, you lack any kind of deep knowledge about SONAR. You called the WDM driver mode WDK for crying out loud! And my Master Class was a five part video series, not seven. Man, get your facts straight and learn what you're talking about before insulting people who have done what you've tried to do better than you.

Scott Lee
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 02:42:32 (permalink)
"I've been working with X1 all afternoon and I found several more bugs that I haven't seen mentioned yet but I'm afraid to say anything now. I even downloaded Jing yesterday to do video captures and send Cakewalk links to the video.

**** it I, I'm done giving a ****."

I feel your pain Bub. Sonar X1 crashes on me every few minutes repetitively.

Some people are just so skeptical that they would do anything to discredit what you find.

Lets go grab a beer.

Best,
post edited by Scott Lee - 2011/01/25 02:44:21

Scott Lee (ASCAP)
SFX Media 
Song Composer / Engineer / Audio Director

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dezacrator?feature=mhee

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:02:33 (permalink)
Scott Lee

"I've been working with X1 all afternoon and I found several more bugs that I haven't seen mentioned yet but I'm afraid to say anything now. I even downloaded Jing yesterday to do video captures and send Cakewalk links to the video.

**** it I, I'm done giving a ****."

I feel your pain Bub. Sonar X1 crashes on me every few minutes repetitively.

Some people are just so skeptical that they would do anything to discredit what you find.

Lets go grab a beer.

Best,
Thanks Scott.

I really think it will get a lot better when X1b is released. It has to. If not, I'll just go back to 8.5 and call it good, which isn't a bad thing. 8.5 is a great program and still very usable for a long time. Heck, I didn't upgrade from 4 until a 8 came out. I was more than happy with it.

As for the discrediting part, that's why I'm doing video's now when I can. You can't argue with what you see on your own screen. Just think of what would have been said if I would have explained what happened without actually showing it? Whew, that would have been ugly. :)

2am here. I really gotta get some sleep.

G'night. :)

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Rothchild
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1479
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:04:07 (permalink)
That being said, agreed that most people I know don't think the word **** is any big deal. It's equivilant to saying you are "lame" or "not cool" etc.

In America. It's a different matter elsewhere, as I pointed out.

There is difference between private and public space. Your freedom to think and speak as you see fit in your private space is inalienable. The public space requires a little more care, this is not to negate your 'freedom to' but to protect your 'freedom from'

It's true, everywhere, democracy is on it's knees. This means 'we' (the 'us' that 'they' do things to) need to reclaim government, not destroy it.

Child
JClosed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 690
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:20:22 (permalink)
@Scott

I do not think it is fair to say to anyone that has no problem in a particular field of the software (cannot reproduce a certain problem), is sceptical. I think a lot of people are trying to reproduce a problem to estimate if it is a general problem, or a problem in a specific condition (like in a certain project - like the problem Bub has). If they cannot reproduce the problem, the problem cannot be general. That's simple. It is than a case of trying to estimate the condition that lead to the failure. This can be at help for any user using this software.

Most reactions I have seen that are flagged "ignorant" immediately, just started with the message they cannot reproduce the problem. If people keep reading after this first sentence they would see there are some questions asked to determine where the culprit lies. I have the feeling in some cases only the words "non reproducible" are enough to get someone agitated.

I am not accusing anyone, and I am not saying there where no defensive reactions that where not very flattery (to keep it mildly), but sometimes people that are only trying to help are treated some kind of ignorant fanboy too. I think both sides have to calm down a bit ant try to figure out what is going on. If the conditions that lead to a fault is true for all systems and with all users, there is a general bug. If not - there is a condition that leads to the fault. It is -for all users- important to figure out what is the problem.

I think you have a real problem Scott - that's undeniable, but as long as other people cannot reproduce the "every few minutes crash" there is no way to find a answer for your troubles. And let's be fair - that is what we all like to see. Nobody here wants you to have a hard time with X1...
chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:29:52 (permalink)
still going......

@problems: I has 'em. But not to the extent some others do. I have several projects I started in x1 and have opened a few from 8.5 and they work. Some parts don't work but I'm not getting all the crashing being report.......that being said.....

This is an epic thread...in a really bad way. It runs in way too many directions and there are a bunch of hard feelings....more so that any other thread. Exception, of course the most infamous thread in internet history......the "20-40%" thread...which cake handled poorly imho.

Question: Is the stance here so strong that honest paying customers should feel like leaving? (in some cases.......again??)

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
WDI
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2069
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:45:46 (permalink)
Wow Crush, you are completely lame. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were being sincere with you video and not just trying to bash on Cakewalk. I gave you some helpful hints how to do things easier because it looked like you obviously didn't know the software. However, now I see you for what you are after removing my comments on YouTube. The only comments you leave up are the ones that make Sonar look foolish. So that is your agenda. If I was a forum administrator for Cakewalk I would just ban you straight out and simple. You are truly lame. Oh, I just posted my comments on YouTube again.

Sonar 7 PE
Windows XP Pofessional (SP3)
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
RME Fireface 800
Edirol FA-66
CM Labs MotorMix

Old stuff: ARJO
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:46:01 (permalink)
JClosed

@Scott

I do not think it is fair to say to anyone that has no problem in a particular field of the software (cannot reproduce a certain problem), is sceptical. I think a lot of people are trying to reproduce a problem to estimate if it is a general problem, or a problem in a specific condition (like in a certain project - like the problem Bub has). If they cannot reproduce the problem, the problem cannot be general. That's simple. It is than a case of trying to estimate the condition that lead to the failure. This can be at help for any user using this software.

Most reactions I have seen that are flagged "ignorant" immediately, just started with the message they cannot reproduce the problem. If people keep reading after this first sentence they would see there are some questions asked to determine where the culprit lies. I have the feeling in some cases only the words "non reproducible" are enough to get someone agitated.

I am not accusing anyone, and I am not saying there where no defensive reactions that where not very flattery (to keep it mildly), but sometimes people that are only trying to help are treated some kind of ignorant fanboy too. I think both sides have to calm down a bit ant try to figure out what is going on. If the conditions that lead to a fault is true for all systems and with all users, there is a general bug. If not - there is a condition that leads to the fault. It is -for all users- important to figure out what is the problem.

I think you have a real problem Scott - that's undeniable, but as long as other people cannot reproduce the "every few minutes crash" there is no way to find a answer for your troubles. And let's be fair - that is what we all like to see. Nobody here wants you to have a hard time with X1...

Very well said. This is a most excellent post.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
WDI
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 03:53:15 (permalink)
Well I just tried posting my comments back up on Crush's YouTube video. Let's see if he accepts them or deletes them. I posted my comments from page two which were only helpful hints how to do things better. It's obvious if Crush deletes posts on YouTube he has an agenda and that is all.

Sonar 7 PE
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
RME Fireface 800
Edirol FA-66
CM Labs MotorMix

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 05:14:58 (permalink)
chrisharbin

still going......

@problems: I has 'em. But not to the extent some others do. I have several projects I started in x1 and have opened a few from 8.5 and they work. Some parts don't work but I'm not getting all the crashing being report.......that being said.....

This is an epic thread...in a really bad way. It runs in way too many directions and there are a bunch of hard feelings....more so that any other thread. Exception, of course the most infamous thread in internet history......the "20-40%" thread...which cake handled poorly imho.

Question: Is the stance here so strong that honest paying customers should feel like leaving? (in some cases.......again??)

Ok, so it's 4am. :( Tossed and turned for an hour and almost drifted off to sleep and I hear this huge bang. I have no freakin' idea what it was or where it came from. Got up and checked around the house, couldn't find a thing. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I come here to find this lovely thread still thriving. :)

Yeah Chris this is an epic thread. I feel like it's my fault. I felt sorry for Crush for the way people were ragging on him and chimed in and stuck up for him. I guess I'm living proof that you should just keep your mouth shut and keep to yourself. You can tell by most of my posts that I always stick up for the underdog if I perceive someone to be in that situation. It's so hard to try and 'detect' how different people react to different situations, you're better off just not saying anything anymore.

To be honest, the best thing Cakewalk could do is just shut the forums down completely. Put up a message saying, call tech support, Sweetwater if you bought it from them, or shoot us an email.

G'night mornin'

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:00:08 (permalink)
WDI

Well I just tried posting my comments back up on Crush's YouTube video. Let's see if he accepts them or deletes them. I posted my comments from page two which were only helpful hints how to do things better. It's obvious if Crush deletes posts on YouTube he has an agenda and that is all.

Seriously, I think Crush actually had a wish to make a helpful video for FL Studio users who wanted to move over to Sonar. He keeps saying he's proud of the video and he claim that he was showing the easiest way to produce electronic music in Sonar X1 - from an FL point of view (which isn't a bad idea actually).

Most of us disagree because he's clicking through a bunch of menus most of us haven't touched or seen in years (probably) to do simple tasks, making it very complicated for him self. A lot of what he did he seemed to discover then and there and talked about different functions and tools, using words as "thing", "That yellow line" etc. And everything he doesn't know how to use he calls "a bug". Trying to save face in his desire to be a producer guru, he deletes comments and and started bashing Sonar because he got attacked for his efforts. It's a sore point for everyone and I will say I understand Crush here as well.

What I tried to say earlier in this thread was that he should spend some more time with it. It was clear that he's new to the software, but I will compliment him for his wish to help out others. We all know Sonar is great for producing electronic music so his problems with it simply comes down to experience. No one becomes an expert on any complicated software in just a month. Or even a year. That's ok. but if he wants to become an expert in using Sonar for electronic music then I would encourage him to do so. Crush should just spend some more time to actually become an expert before he tries to educate people here at the Forum.

How he turned and started going on about "foreign" coders, how all other Sonar videos are crap and eventually how piss poor a product Sonar X1 is, comes down to his frustration for being criticized for a video he was proud of. That's how I understand it.

I just want to say to Crush: Keep it up and work with Sonar. You'll either love it or you'll hate it. I know there are bugs in the current version but even more than you and I, I believe the bakers want them out of the code ASAP. Sonar has enormous potential. I like it but if you decide that you don't, then that's ok too

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:35:42 (permalink)
Bub

thomasabarnes

Hi Bub:

I can see you are unable to clone a track with that project.

I tried it in X1 x64 and 32-bit and was able to successfully clone a track. Which type of project is that project, .cwp, cwb or what? 

It may be that particular project has gotton corrupt somehow.

Maybe try to save as with that project and rename it, then tryit with the new named project. 

Or for a quick test. Start a new project lay a short audio take, and see if you can clone that track.

By the way, you have a great voice, man.
Thanks, you have a nice ... uh ... avatar? LOL!

Thanks for the advice. I tried a new project and it does work so it must have been something corrupted in my current project.

Bub
Does anyone know what could have corrupted the file to begin with? Was there a glitch someplace in the processing?

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
WDI
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:40:28 (permalink)

ProjectM

Seriously, I think Crush actually had a wish to make a helpful video for FL Studio users who wanted to move over to Sonar. He keeps saying he's proud of the video and he claim that he was showing the easiest way to produce electronic music in Sonar X1 - from an FL point of view (which isn't a bad idea actually). 

Most of us disagree because he's clicking through a bunch of menus most of us haven't touched or seen in years (probably) to do simple tasks, making it very complicated for him self. A lot of what he did he seemed to discover then and there and talked about different functions and tools, using words as "thing", "That yellow line" etc. And everything he doesn't know how to use he calls "a bug". Trying to save face in his desire to be a producer guru, he deletes comments and and started bashing Sonar because he got attacked for his efforts. It's a sore point for everyone and I will say I understand Crush here as well.

Maybe that is the case. And if so, I owe Crush an apology. But deleting comments about his video which were only helpful is lame. And through out the thread he doesn't seem interested in some of the helpful advise given by other posters which makes me wonder. Also, to degrade the videos in the manner in which he did on this forum that were made by Cakewalk was pretty uncool, even if he personally thought the videos were bad.
post edited by WDI - 2011/01/25 06:44:38

Sonar 7 PE
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
RME Fireface 800
Edirol FA-66
CM Labs MotorMix

rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:44:02 (permalink)
JClosed

@Scott

Could all the disparity in results after installation be because of the installer. My first thought was that system differences were the most likely culprits. But I'm beginning to wonder. Was this a different installer than the one used previously. I am not experiencing any of the GUI problems. I have no doubt that those that do are indeed experiencing them. Both my machines one XP 32 bit SP3 and the other WIN 7 64 bit do not meet the minimum specs for X1.
JClosed
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:51:28 (permalink)
A good question trimph1.

As a side note - this just illustrate the need for backups. Especially when doing a transition from one program version (does not matter what program) to another version, it is a good idea to keep a pre- and after work file present.

It is fully possible X1 is choking in some parameter in the program, turning the used file into a mess. It could be a out-of-range parameter or a plugin used in a project. Especially when doing the transition from 32 to 64 bit there could be plugins that work great in 32 bit, but go broken when used in 64 bit. The same goes for a OS transition (XP to Windows 7). Whaterver it turns out to be - it must be something other users without crashes do not use..
JClosed
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 06:59:15 (permalink)
@rabeach...

Interesting point. Is it possible people with the download version have other experiences than the people using the DVD box?

I have a boxed version and (apart from the general known bugs) only one crash. And that crash was (a I suspect, but have to I try this out to be certain) with Independence free combined with SI-instruments . For the rest - smooth as it could be..
rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 07:00:43 (permalink)
JClosed

@rabeach...

Interesting point. Is it possible people with the download version have other experiences than the people using the DVD box?

I have a boxed version and (apart from the general known bugs) only one crash. And that crash was (a I suspect, but have to I try this out to be certain) with Independence free combined with SI-instruments . For the rest - smooth as it could be..

Boxed version here also.
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 07:01:31 (permalink)
WDI

ProjectM

Maybe that is the case. And if so, I owe Crush an apology. But deleting comments about his video which were only helpful is lame. And through out the thread he doesn't seem interested in some of the helpful advise given by other posters which makes me wonder. Also, to degrade the videos in the manner in which he did on this forum that were made by Cakewalk was pretty uncool, even if he personally thought the videos were bad.

He he, true that. I'm not going to say much - just want you to note that I wrote:
"Trying to save face in his desire to be a producer guru(...)"

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
kb420
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1839
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 11:44:28 (permalink)
Crush,  you are a genius.  I can't believe you dangled that worm on a hook out there and got 7 pages worth of responses.  I get it.  I really do get it.  Too bad everyone else that responded doesn't.  It just goes to show how ridiculous some user forums have become.  

"Now, excuse me while I jump into my Jaguar; I need to board my private jet for the usual weekend trip to my mansion on the Big Island. I think Trixie, Crystal, and Heather are already there...must not keep them waiting in the hot tub!"

-Craig Anderton-
kubalibre
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 614
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 13:32:53 (permalink)
perhaps everyone should stop posting videos on youtube until X1b arrives

by the way, it´s nearly february

---------------------------------------------
all crash on the louspeaker
kubalibre
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 614
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 13:40:08 (permalink)

the most infamous thread in internet history......the "20-40%" thread..

link...?

---------------------------------------------
all crash on the louspeaker
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
  • Total Posts : 2084
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/31 16:04:00 (permalink)
Discussions of religion, politics, etc. are not permitted on this forum. Thread locked.
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1