Helpful ReplyInsane problems with this update (2016.12) *** Solved (for ME!)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Author
Jeffiphone
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:02:44 (permalink)
> Have you noticed any changes on the appearance of your CPU core balance? 

Mine were remarkably low and well balanced -until- the latest update. I've only had to time to run a few  larger projects since the latest issues but noting large discrepancies across the cores with #1 spiking considerably higher than all the rest. 

I noticed this exact thing last night. My system was running rock solid for months now. But last night with the new update, I did notice the cores much higher than normal (on an existing project), and the #1 core sometimes spiking in the red, which has NEVER happened previously. That being said, I have not experienced any of the other issues noted in this thread, and my system remains very solid thankfully.

~Jeff

Acer with i7 processer - Sonar Platinum 64bit - Windows 10 64 bit - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) -
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:04:53 (permalink)
Might this have something to do with VST3 plug-ins?

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1117
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:12:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2016/12/06 14:30:13
Please ensure that any crashes are logged with Cakewalk and report back the CWBRN # here to make it easier to follow up.  (@bitflipper)  As far as issues with Windows Update, it's possible, we're confirming that our redists are up to date with Microsoft.

Otherwise, standard diagnostic procedures apply.  That is, try new projects, remove the possibility of 3rd party plugins causing possible memory corruption, etc.  
Do know that we do a lot of testing with clean images of the OS to make sure we don't have issues with missing/mismatched system components and thus far we're not seeing any of the reported issues.  We also of course try systems that have had several version of stuff on them.  Still working to repro however.  Thanks and keep us updated.

Keith

Keith
Jim Kalinowski
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:22:09 (permalink)
Keith, feel free to bring you development environment to my house and debug on my computer.  Seriously, I'm an hour north of Boston and CA-2A crashes every time I open a project that has it.

I'm fairly certain that my problems started after I installed a new graphics card this weekend.  I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers and that's when trouble appeared to start.  I was running 2016.09 at the time.  Upgrading to 2016.11 did not fix the problem.  I'm wondering if the Nvidia drivers installed a version of the C++ redistributable runtime that is not compatible somehow with some plugins.

Jim

i7 860, 8GB RAM, Win10 x64, UA-25EX, SONAR Platinum 
https://www.soundcloud.com/jim-kalinowski
http://www.soundclick.com/jimkalinowski
MattyBoy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:37:47 (permalink)
Something is up with the 2016.11 Release

1 - Have noticed I get the 'Add Track' dialog appear at Random times
2 - Seems to be some issue with Rapture Session. Although I didn't immediately get an issue,  I now get a crash on loading some projects (during the project load process, the bug reporter doesn't kick in). I did a debug and found that the error was:

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000328F4A48 (RaptureSession_64.vst3) in SONARPLT.EXE: Fatal program exit requested.

So I tested opening a blank project, and inserting Rapture session -  I get the same crash.

So seems an issue with RaptureSession_64.vst3 ?

Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:57:48 (permalink)
Jim Kalinowski
Keith, feel free to bring you development environment to my house and debug on my computer.  Seriously, I'm an hour north of Boston and CA-2A crashes every time I open a project that has it.

I'm fairly certain that my problems started after I installed a new graphics card this weekend.  I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers and that's when trouble appeared to start.  I was running 2016.09 at the time.  Upgrading to 2016.11 did not fix the problem.  I'm wondering if the Nvidia drivers installed a version of the C++ redistributable runtime that is not compatible somehow with some plugins.

Jim

Jim, does the fault reporter kick in (from 2016.11)?
If so, please send us the minidump file and let us know the cwbrn #.
We can diagnose it given the dump file.

Keith

Keith
timp410
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 11:59:06 (permalink)
Sonar is crashing on my system after upgrading. I getting a Runtime Error after after loading then Sonar crashes and requires a reboot. The Runtime error shows the path of the program followed by the following: "R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call".

Crap, just tried rolling back and Sonar still crashes. It seems to crash on certain projects. I was able to open an older project but the program crashes when I try to open the current program I was working on.

Update, 
I just tried to open the same Project on my Laptop which is three days old and I get the same error.

New Update
I was able to do a little troubleshooting with the project before closing it. I removed the waves renaissance RVerb and a UAD reverb plugin and saved the project using a different name. After another reboot, I was able to open the project without receiving the Runtime error.   
post edited by timp410 - 2016/12/06 12:29:13

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ LGA 1150 8 MB Cache
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 600 Watt
Video: EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR3 64-bit
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP
Steinberg UR44
E-MU 1820M
Edirol UA-25EX
M-Audio Midisport 4x4
Jim Kalinowski
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 12:13:32 (permalink)

Jim, does the fault reporter kick in (from 2016.11)?
If so, please send us the minidump file and let us know the cwbrn #.
We can diagnose it given the dump file.

Keith

I don't recall the fault reporting kicking in (but I'll try again tonight).  I only recall a small Windows dialog coming up saying SONAR had unexpectedly stopped.

i7 860, 8GB RAM, Win10 x64, UA-25EX, SONAR Platinum 
https://www.soundcloud.com/jim-kalinowski
http://www.soundclick.com/jimkalinowski
klauselix
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 12:32:51 (permalink)
The fault reporter has not kicked in with any of my crashes so far.
Loading an existing project on freshly booted PC after starting Sonar results in SONARPLT.EXE crashing.
I've also had  "R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call" errors without the fault reporter kicking in.
@jackson white's and my issues seem to be similar

Sonar Platinum 2016.11, Z3TA+2, Rapture Pro, Komplete 9, EZ Drummer 2, Windows 10 x64, Intel i7-4770 @3.4GHz, 16GB, SSD 256GB, HD 1TB, Steinberg UR242 (ASIO)
Music: soundcloud.com/klaus-elix 
jackson white
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 12:55:05 (permalink)
@Keith Albright

1. CWBRN-61566
2. I'm testing with the simplest possible test project. 1 audio track, 1 bus, no audio or plug-ins other than PC EQ (and 1x CA2A)
3. Started exploring the VST3 angle but the LP 64 EQ/MB are not VST3. RaptureSession and CA2A are VST3
    3a. LP 64 EQ / MB throw the "Runtime Error!" when running the VST Scan.
    3b. "CA2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll" will hang VST Scan, requiring a close and rescan to finish the VST scan.
          Sometimes VST Scan will appear to hang on another instance of CA2A (only displays "CA2A" in the toast)
    3c. RaptureSession will hang VST Scan, requiring a close and rescan to finish the VST scan

There may be problems with other VST3s, won't have a chance to explore that until Thursday. 

4. FWIW I'm focusing on the CA2A as the only plug-in in regular use and the issue is -very- repeatable on my system. I wiped out my original (paid) install, (uninstalled via Control Panel, deleted all registry keys and reinstalled via the CCC) and can generate a "SONARPLT.exe has stopped working." every time I open a project after restarting the PC. 

5. The "Fault Reporter" has not been launched for any of these recent issues. (I was seeing it on some Take Lane crashes with previous updates.) 

--------------------
Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 13:04:50 (permalink)
MattyBoy

2 - Seems to be some issue with Rapture Session. Although I didn't immediately get an issue,  I now get a crash on loading some projects (during the project load process, the bug reporter doesn't kick in). I did a debug and found that the error was:

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000328F4A48 (RaptureSession_64.vst3) in SONARPLT.EXE: Fatal program exit requested.

So I tested opening a blank project, and inserting Rapture session -  I get the same crash.

If you were able to do a 'debug' as you put it, then while the crash dialog is on screen, you can save off a minidump.  Copied from our kb:

To create the file:

1. While the crash is on screen, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE on your keyboard
  2. Click on the Processes tab and locate the process (SONARPDR, SONARSTD, SONARESL, SONARHS)
  3. Right-click on the process and choose 'Create Dump File'
To obtain the file:

1. Open the Run Command by holding down the "windows" key on your keyboard and pressing "r"
  2. Type in the following: %temp%
  3. Click [OK]
  4. Locate the file. It will be listed after the name of the program that was running (such as SONARPDR.DMP, SONARSTD.DMP, etc.)
NOTE: depending on how much memory was loaded, this could create a rather large dump file.
It's easier to deal with minidump files and strangely the OS doesn't easily provide for this.
To create a minidump file on demand, you can use a Microsoft tool called procdump.  It will create a minidump file on demand.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx

From the folder where it's installed type this in the Win+R box.
procdump sonarplt

For example, if you saved it in a folder called dump on your desktop, you'd use
%userprofile%\Desktop\dump\procdump sonarplt
The dump file will be saved in the same folder.

Keith

Keith
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 13:08:28 (permalink)
jackson white
@Keith Albright

1. CWBRN-61566
2. I'm testing with the simplest possible test project. 1 audio track, 1 bus, no audio or plug-ins other than PC EQ (and 1x CA2A)
3. Started exploring the VST3 angle but the LP 64 EQ/MB are not VST3. RaptureSession and CA2A are VST3
    3a. LP 64 EQ / MB throw the "Runtime Error!" when running the VST Scan.
    3b. "CA2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll" will hang VST Scan, requiring a close and rescan to finish the VST scan.
          Sometimes VST Scan will appear to hang on another instance of CA2A (only displays "CA2A" in the toast)
    3c. RaptureSession will hang VST Scan, requiring a close and rescan to finish the VST scan

There may be problems with other VST3s, won't have a chance to explore that until Thursday. 

4. FWIW I'm focusing on the CA2A as the only plug-in in regular use and the issue is -very- repeatable on my system. I wiped out my original (paid) install, (uninstalled via Control Panel, deleted all registry keys and reinstalled via the CCC) and can generate a "SONARPLT.exe has stopped working." every time I open a project after restarting the PC. 

5. The "Fault Reporter" has not been launched for any of these recent issues. (I was seeing it on some Take Lane crashes with previous updates.) 

Thanks for the CWBRN.  With the crash on screen, please follow the instructions I posted about capturing a minidump file and attach it to the case.  We've investigating and may have a repro, but the dump will be useful to make sure.

Keith

Keith
Bob Currie [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 13:43:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby stevesweat 2016/12/06 13:48:41
I've got the issue with the CA-2A reproduced and trapped - I'm working on a fix now.  Thank you for all of the information on this thread - it really helped to nail this down!  I'll keep you posted.

~Bob [Cakewalk]
Bob Currie [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 13:46:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pbandit 2016/12/08 10:44:51
Regarding Keith's instructions on the mini-dump:  Please continue collecting whatever info you can.  It will help confirm that we've killed the issue.  Thanks!

~Bob

Sidroe
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1954
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 14:10:00 (permalink)
I love this place!!!!

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
Zargg
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 14:19:52 (permalink)
Sidroe
I love this place!!!!

They're a bunch of superstars All of'em
And yes, I agree

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 14:49:23 (permalink)
Bob Currie [Cakewalk]
I've got the issue with the CA-2A reproduced and trapped - I'm working on a fix now.  Thank you for all of the information on this thread - it really helped to nail this down!  I'll keep you posted.

~Bob [Cakewalk]

Nice one Bob!!

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
toastjam
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 15:01:26 (permalink)
Please help - I'm not one to get to far into the nuts and bolts of tweaking this program but it has always worked for me flawlessly. Just did the recent update and the program keeps crashing with sonarplt.exe has stopped working.  I've got a ton of projects to keep working on - how do I roll back to the previous version until this one is fixed?

Thanks
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 15:11:29 (permalink)
toastjam
Please help - I'm not one to get to far into the nuts and bolts of tweaking this program but it has always worked for me flawlessly. Just did the recent update and the program keeps crashing with sonarplt.exe has stopped working.  I've got a ton of projects to keep working on - how do I roll back to the previous version until this one is fixed?

Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  Please send us a minidump if you haven't already, that will be useful to us to identify the issue.

As far as rolling back...

Two dif ways...

Easiest...
From Command Center.  Right click on SONAR in the list of products.  Choose rollback from the menu.
Pick a version you want to rollback to and it will install.

Or

If you have an offline pc, go to your account page on Cakewalk.com...

https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products

From there you can download any update you have access to.

Then install it.

Keith
Bloodrocuted666
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 17:12:09 (permalink)
Mine seemed to fix itself last night after a couple of reboots or so I thought. I played back the project I was having issues with the night before fine. I was able to do some midi editing I had been meaning to do and all seemed well and then I plugged in my guitar to play along and it crashed. Turns out the instance of Bias Fx I had on a track I use as a live guitar track to just jam along was the issue. I deleted the bias fx instance and put a new one in its place and all well was well after that. Weird. The other instances of bias fx seemed to be fine.

Sonar Platinum - Sonar Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - Roland QuadCapture - Scarlett 8i6
i7 6700K - 32GB ram - Win 10
Schecter - Gibson - Ibanez - Peavey - Orange - Digitech - Propellerheads - Slate Digital - Native Instruments
Mark Huot
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 17:33:33 (permalink)
Just tried a little experiment. Opened a project after a reboot and sonar crashed (as it's been doing for the last week and it was expected) Had to shut down sonar in task manager to be able to open the project and everything works. Removed all instances of CA 2A (hearing a lot of problems with this plugin but haven't had any issues myself but what the heck) did a save as of the same project without the plugin. Shutdown, reboot open the test project, sonar crashes, shut down in task manager and open sonar and the project loads without incident. So far so good. Go to file explorer any try to delete the test .cwp file and I was unable to do so. Dialog tells me it is running in sonar.....sonar had been shut down. Go to task manager and close sonar, try again to delete the file without success. It would seem that sonar stays running even if I do everything possible to shut it down. I had received a similar message when I tried unsuccessfully to roll back and was never able to roll back except by doing a system restore. Not sure what gremilins are involved but maybe some one here has an idea. Again, everything was rock solid before I updated to 2016.11. I'm back to 2016.10 but the headaches have followed me!

Mark

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 16 gigs RAM, AMD quad core A10 7850K, Sound Forge, Kontakt 5. Sample Tank, GPO 5, Presonus audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Digimax D8, Presonus Faderport

www.chrismarmusic.com
mmarton
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 666
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 17:49:26 (permalink)
MattyBoy

Add track pops up just at/after a crash here as well...I've reported every crash via reporter

Happy Sonar Platinum 64 bit Registered Owner
Epi Casino, Les Paul, Strat, Martin GPCPA3, Cort C4Z bass, Roland D20 Synth, TC Konnekt48, Sansamp BDDI, Roland JDXI, APS Klasiks, Windows 10 64bit
z1812
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/06 18:14:53 (permalink)
I was suffering the following problems.

1. Program freezing or crashing when opening a project.

2. Ik multimedia products related to amplitude were no longer authorized.

3. EZ mix from Toontrack was missing from the plug in list.

4. Some sonitus effects were identified as being missing.

5. Some East West files were sometimes loading and sometimes were listed as missing or unavailable.

My music computer is not normally connected to the net unless I am downloading or installing. So the latest update was certainly not the cause of my problems. Automatic updates are set to be at my discretion to apply. I did roll back my existing version but I still had the problems. Here is how I fixed them.

I authorized the IK multimedia products as required. Then I re-installed EZ mix. I confirmed that they were working. I had no idea what to do about the other problems so I thought I had nothing to lose by updating everything to the available versions through command center. To my great relief everything is back to normal.
Perhaps my experience will work for others too.

While doing all of this I did find that windows update is not working. I will fix that...... I hope on another day.
gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 03:24:44 (permalink)
I just uploaded a mini dump for  CWBRN-61469  My situation is a little different. I've never updated to 2016.11, yet started having the same problem last week with 2016.09  Strangely even with old image files from Oct that I reverted back to.

Even more strangely is if I revert to my Oct image while not connected to the internet, my OS doesn't get infected with this runtime bug. 30 min after connecting to the internet, the image gets this runtime error bug which only happens after a reboot and opening the 1st CWP. Once it's infected every single time I reboot and open a CWP, I get the runtime error.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
dlesaux
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1034
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 05:47:11 (permalink)
I saw some posts from the bakers regarding a fix but it seemed to be related to the CA-2A crashes only. I'm hoping all these dropouts, stutters, buzzes have something to do with this and that the fix makes it go away. Until this release, my system was really solid. I can't work on anything right now.

Peace!
Daniel

Sonar Platinum - 2017.10 and PreSonus Studio One 3.5.5
Windows 10 64 bit
Studiocat Skylake Desktop PC with Intel i7 6700k processor @ 4.20 GHz / 16G RAM 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and Cakewalk UM-2G Midi Interface

Check out my website
paul jenkins
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 06:16:38 (permalink)
Yeah well, latest sonar, all i have to say is, sonar crashed while i was changing velocity on addictive drums while using step sequencer......So i filed the problem report......and now basically every time i try to reload that project, it crashes instantly and goes straight to problem reporter!!!
jemodu
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 08:08:53 (permalink)
Inserted Chromaphone into an existing project.
Then went to edit >> undo insert synth and it crashed.
This (and the other problems that other users have reported) happened frequently since the update to 2016.11 so I did a complete system restore from a disc image as at 26th Nov and this crash happened using that system i.e. on Sonar Platinum 2016.10

Fault reporter then generated 183 minidump files for this one crash and I can’t upload all of these.

My system is now virtually unusable and I’ve given up! Hopefully a fix will happen soon

Previous crash reports submitted: -
CWBRN-61486
CWBRN-61404
CWBRN-60923

I core 7 16gb RAM
Windows 10 64 bit (always up to date)
256GB ssd, plus 2 x 2TB HDD
Sonar Platinum
Focusrite 2i2
Novation Impulse with Automap
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 08:35:07 (permalink)
Bob Currie [Cakewalk]

~Bob [Cakewalk]

care to share? what was the issue?

just a sec

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 08:38:40 (permalink)
I think there's more going on than just CA-2A issues

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Insane problems with this update 2016/12/07 08:47:26 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey
I think there's more going on than just CA-2A issues

deffo, i haven't experienced any issues personally, but the reports are a bit worrying!

i'd still like to know what the issue was, we are all engineers after all

just a sec

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1