Helpful ReplyAmple Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
StevenMikel
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 319
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/03 21:10:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/04/03 21:32:43

abacab
StevenMikel
cclarry
I can tell you that I've been waiting for a good sale on MODO, 
but NOW that I've got the Ample Basses with the riffer...chances
of my other basses EVER getting used are slim to nill...

They SOUND like real basses...and the riffer just puts the icing on the
Cake(walk)   C What I do'ed there?

I've had my eye on the Ample Sound basses for a while and remember seeing something about the riffer feature last month but,wanted to wait until I heard more about it. In the mean time I found out that I qualified for the crossgrade on Modo and there was a sale a couple of weeks ago and I got Modo for around $150.

Think of it this way.  You pay $89 (last day today) for the riffer, and they throw in a bass for free.

The riffer is real.  And like I found, with MIDI out, it can be used with any MIDI instrument.

I looked at my checking acct. balance. I'm waiting for Metal Ray5 to download right now.
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/03 21:34:28 (permalink)
StevenMikel
cclarry

I've had my eye on the Ample Sound basses for a while and remember seeing something about the riffer feature last month but,wanted to wait until I heard more about it. In the mean time I found out that I qualified for the crossgrade on Modo and there was a sale a couple of weeks ago and I got Modo for around $150.

As of tonite MODO will be about $125 at JRR...so that's almost to the "buy" mark...
I will deeply debate or not to buy at that price point.  I do know there will be no
further sale on it for while...so...that might push me...

StevenMikel
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/03 23:00:53 (permalink)
cclarry
StevenMikel
cclarry

As of tonite MODO will be about $125 at JRR...so that's almost to the "buy" mark...
I will deeply debate or not to buy at that price point.  I do know there will be no
further sale on it for while...so...that might push me...

Modo Bass for $125 would be hard to pass up,especially if its not going to be on sale again for a while.It sounds good,in some ways it sounds more real than a sampled bass and in other ways not(very close though).Coupling Modo with the Riffer from the Ample basses sounds like a lot of fun.
StevenMikel
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/03 23:27:17 (permalink)
 I'm glad I got this,the Riffer is cool and fun. I've been going through the riffs that come with it and,I'm impressed. There is something for everybody and several of the riffs can be strung together as songs(they're in the same key,tempo,style etc...).Riffer is good the way it is but,it could be awesome with the right enhancements.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/04 00:12:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/04/04 02:17:11
Having been playing with the Riffer a lot too, and trying to refer to the manual as I go.  Lotsa fun! 

Discovered that the dice feature in the Riffer lets you create random riffs.  The key choices are the twelve major scale root notes, then there are over 70 scale templates to choose from, and this is where you get to pick from major, minor, and many other modes.

Now I'm wondering how you can tell what scales the supplied riffs are based on, since they only reference the key as one of the 12 root notes?

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
StevenMikel
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/04 22:02:45 (permalink)
abacab
Having been playing with the Riffer a lot too, and trying to refer to the manual as I go.  Lotsa fun! 

Discovered that the dice feature in the Riffer lets you create random riffs.  The key choices are the twelve major scale root notes, then there are over 70 scale templates to choose from, and this is where you get to pick from major, minor, and many other modes.

Now I'm wondering how you can tell what scales the supplied riffs are based on, since they only reference the key as one of the 12 root notes?

The name and register/octave of each note in a given riff is shown on the notes of the riffs.

Dice is cool but,it needs to be worked on.The riffs it generates are not always what a real bassist would play and a lot of them are weird. It would be cool if Dice was tied into the riff library(?) so we could say use the info for a groove to generate a fill and/or variations of grooves and fills. It would also be cool if Dice had more styles to chose from and could generate tapping riffs.

I've been trying out the midi out setting,that is a lot of fun. I used it with Dim. Pro with various presets,my favorite was using a string section with a tapping riff,it just needed a disco groove under it,instant 70's. I also used it with Modo Bass and plan on layering the 2 basses instead of using just one or the other.I'm going to get the Ample Sound P and Jazz Basses in the near future.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/04 23:00:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby StevenMikel 2017/04/04 23:17:18
StevenMikel

The name and register/octave of each note in a given riff is shown on the notes of the riffs.

Right!  But It would be more helpful if the browser info at least included, in addition to the root note, whether the riff is in a major, minor, or other scale.  So say if you were looking for a riff to fit into an existing song, and just wanted to choose from riffs that you could use for that, without having to open them all up first. 

Dice is cool but,it needs to be worked on.The riffs it generates are not always what a real bassist would play and a lot of them are weird. It would be cool if Dice was tied into the riff library(?) so we could say use the info for a groove to generate a fill and/or variations of grooves and fills. It would also be cool if Dice had more styles to chose from and could generate tapping riffs.

Agreed!  This is the first version, so hopefully the developer will continue enhancing this cool tool!  Maybe some way to partially randomize a preset riff (like you said, variations), or to swap a scale mode, like my question above?

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
StevenMikel
Re: Ample Sound releases Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates) 2017/04/04 23:35:29 (permalink)
abacab
StevenMikel

Right!  But It would be more helpful if the browser info at least included, in addition to the root note, whether the riff is in a major, minor, or other scale.  So say if you were looking for a riff to fit into an existing song, and just wanted to choose from riffs that you could use for that, without having to open them all up first. 

Agreed!  This is the first version, so hopefully the developer will continue enhancing this cool tool!  Maybe some way to partially randomize a preset riff (like you said, variations), or to swap a scale mode, like my question above?

Having that info in the browser would make things a lot easier.

They just came out with Bass Riffer a month ago or something like that. I hope they keep developing it,with the right enhancements it could be awesome. I want to be able to tell Dice what kind of Riff I want(groove,fill,tapping etc...)
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1