AnsweredWhy Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
jamesattfield
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/16 01:34:57 (permalink)
azslow3
With lifetime update, people will get OS X version if and when it is ready. There was no "when" or even no claims about "if". The only "deadline" which is over is for public alpha version... Are there some users which are ready to use an Alpha version for serious music production? I guess not. So that is all just about "a toy". To run it once, find that it is not yet working right (or not starting at all... not uncommon for Alpha versions of programs).

Not very helpful, or nice. It seemed to me that it wasn't really a deadline as such so CW shouldn't be pilloried for it really but they are not helping themselves with leaving a vacuum after making an announcement and by clouding the issue with the lifetime update offer. Speaking just for myself, I would have leapt on an Alpha to assess if I thought it was viable and pushed the button on the lifetime upgrades and waited for a stable production-grade release. Of course I wouldn't use an Alpha for production purposes, that would be as crazy expecting Windows 10 to be a friendly and stable OS (couldn't resist lol, I have just downgraded to machines to 8.1 Pro and would have gone to 7 SP3 if they would have been supported). As it is, I have almost bought Logic X twice but have now deployed Reaper which I am assessing as a potential replacement.
jamesattfield
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/03/16 01:45:14 (permalink)
Duplicate nulled as can't delete.
post edited by jamesattfield - 2017/08/17 19:09:47
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/05 12:49:30 (permalink)
oh hey, is it april yet?

just a sec

Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/05 12:53:19 (permalink)
It´s spring.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/05 12:58:01 (permalink)
tru dat

just a sec

Pragi
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/05 22:49:16 (permalink)
plop.
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 80
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/06 14:55:00 (permalink)
We'll announce something soon - within the next couple of weeks.

Alex Westner
VP Product Strategy & Innovation

easyjoey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 237
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/06 17:54:09 (permalink)
Thanks for the update Cakewalk!

www.soundcloud.com/angryredplanet

Sonar Platinum, Core i7 950, 6 gig RAM, Win7 64, Echo Layla 24 PCI sound card, MOTU 8x8 / Moog Voyager / Moog Sub37 / Access Virus B / Access Virus TI2 Polar / Roland V-Synth / Elektron Analog Four / DSI Tempest / DSI Pro 2 / Waldorf Q / Roland XV-3080
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/07 07:09:09 (permalink)
They got a video of "Sonar Alpha" working on a MAC , which got me to hoping...Because as I was troubleshooting my next build, because the one I had in use had issues, and thunderbolts 2 was working with Win 7 with firewire adapter and allen and heath r 16 x2...for a while ..until some update came along, and internet nic had a red X on it, that would not go away, and the clicks and pops and lost audio got worse....((with lost driver issues, but a workaround helped get things working once done, now no longer worked))...Instead of buying a more robust PC...because of this continual issue with audio and MS OS and any Daw over time used of said Pro value?.....I bought the best MAC Pro for, That video of Sonar on MAC did lead me to pay for life time updates....And surely others wanting same.

And I posted on that youtube video of that, with a comment about what is meant by life time?..and to what or whom does it apply?....lol, when revealing, and also asking for people to see, and pay so you would stay up to date on the latest and greatest development coming soon!...Or Was that just to make some assume?....No, I do not think Cake walk would do that to people....But soon in a dead pigs eye ...could be a while!

Also posted on the stick note...same sort of comment I think....?
Time keeps of ticken...into the future...

Again, I do not think any intention drop of is in the works.

I think they are also faced with new developments in MAC OS updates also to solve issues..that may have been working on one OSX version...do not work on the newer one.

They did not say which verison of MAC OSX was on did they?....and since then a new OS came out.

Yah, it is just getting to know the code, the file system, and such...and how things gel...Like All Windows Updates to the next level...somethings work, and some do no longer ..when they once did.

And if I know Gibson....They want to make the very best....((or at least, they used to))...Not so impressed with some of the Guitar quality control of late....but it could be bad management in shipping the products to the retail stores.

Or just plain new wood is not as good as old wood, which is becoming rare to find old growth....

I do know pure black ebony is kind of going rare to extinct...and some are picking up tossed out of the pickings... cut logs now, what was deemed not good wood, when harvesting Pure Black wood back in the day....and the gray/white/ black/brown lines on the new old wood picked up off the floor left for a bit too long untouched till now in rain and heat of forest ville.... fret boards are not gonna be the same as yester years...... It just does not inspire 3 -4,000.00$ to to want to save for....If the trend continues.

So life time updates....Eden...Gibson...and Sonar is partners...Who are the helpers of sowing seeds?...is it not Human?...work eh?..perhaps doing gains hope with a blessing ?...If we put our hand for free to sow...does it not come back as gains for all?.

That said....

I believe in intent, method, Principles,,moral ethics...Truth above that makes no error!

Cheers!

P.>.S
What was put, what was given on behalf, although taken down, and still I hope...is in memory of my mind, and others as was put....and that does not get erased easily ,as clicking a virtual button that says "Delete"

Just saying...I know why I paid for the life time updates...and so do they!

H.B.T.Y...
Sir Les

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Pragi
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/07 17:29:33 (permalink)
Sir Les
They got a video of "Sonar Alpha" working on a MAC , which got me to hoping...Because as I was troubleshooting my next build, because the one I had in use had issues, and thunderbolts 2 was working with Win 7 with firewire adapter and allen and heath r 16 x2...for a while ..until some update came along, and internet nic had a red X on it, that would not go away, and the clicks and pops and lost audio got worse....((with lost driver issues, but a workaround helped get things working once done, now no longer worked))...Instead of buying a more robust PC...because of this continual issue with audio and MS OS and any Daw over time used of said Pro value?.....I bought the best MAC Pro for, That video of Sonar on MAC did lead me to pay for life time updates....And surely others wanting same.

And I posted on that youtube video of that, with a comment about what is meant by life time?..and to what or whom does it apply?....lol, when revealing, and also asking for people to see, and pay so you would stay up to date on the latest and greatest development coming soon!...Or Was that just to make some assume?....No, I do not think Cake walk would do that to people....But soon in a dead pigs eye ...could be a while!

Also posted on the stick note...same sort of comment I think....?
Time keeps of ticken...into the future...

Again, I do not think any intention drop of is in the works.

I think they are also faced with new developments in MAC OS updates also to solve issues..that may have been working on one OSX version...do not work on the newer one.

They did not say which verison of MAC OSX was on did they?....and since then a new OS came out.

Yah, it is just getting to know the code, the file system, and such...and how things gel...Like All Windows Updates to the next level...somethings work, and some do no longer ..when they once did.

And if I know Gibson....They want to make the very best....((or at least, they used to))...Not so impressed with some of the Guitar quality control of late....but it could be bad management in shipping the products to the retail stores.

Or just plain new wood is not as good as old wood, which is becoming rare to find old growth....

I do know pure black ebony is kind of going rare to extinct...and some are picking up tossed out of the pickings... cut logs now, what was deemed not good wood, when harvesting Pure Black wood back in the day....and the gray/white/ black/brown lines on the new old wood picked up off the floor left for a bit too long untouched till now in rain and heat of forest ville.... fret boards are not gonna be the same as yester years...... It just does not inspire 3 -4,000.00$ to to want to save for....If the trend continues.

So life time updates....Eden...Gibson...and Sonar is partners...Who are the helpers of sowing seeds?...is it not Human?...work eh?..perhaps doing gains hope with a blessing ?...If we put our hand for free to sow...does it not come back as gains for all?.

That said....

I believe in intent, method, Principles,,moral ethics...Truth above that makes no error!

Cheers!

P.>.S
What was put, what was given on behalf, although taken down, and still I hope...is in memory of my mind, and others as was put....and that does not get erased easily ,as clicking a virtual button that says "Delete"

H.B.T.Y...
Sir Les

Happy birthday to you !
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/09 00:25:56 (permalink)
Pragi
Sir Les

H.B.T.Y...
Sir Les

Happy birthday to you !

Still not Yet time,,, thousand years, is a day,.. still a few days to get started on the candles for Lent of Lennon...and a Good Friday it will be once it comes to that day again...in remembering the Oneness of Truths, that were made of 12 good souls, a net, a boat, and hope, with the Master builder's blessings...They did see a rainbow!

Cheers.

Sir Les

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Pragi
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/04/10 18:43:17 (permalink)
Sir Les
Pragi
Sir Les

H.B.T.Y...
Sir Les

Happy birthday to you !

Still not Yet time,,, thousand years, is a day,.. still a few days to get started on the candles for Lent of Lennon...and a Good Friday it will be once it comes to that day again...in remembering the Oneness of Truths, that were made of 12 good souls, a net, a boat, and hope, with the Master builder's blessings...They did see a rainbow!

Cheers.

Sir Les

Anyone who hears butterflies laughs,
who knows how to taste clouds,
The one is in the moonlight
Undisturbed by fear the night.  
He becomes the plant, if he wills,
the animal, the fool, the sage,
And can be done in an hour
through the whole universe.  
He knows that he does not know,
where everyone else knows nothing,
Only he knows what the others
And he still need to learn.  
Who feels foreign shore
And desire has to stretch,
Which is gradually undisturbed Of fear, to discover themselves.  
Down to the peaks
He himself looks up,
The struggle with his underworld
He takes up calmly.  
He who lives with himself in peace,
The same will die,
And is even more lively,
Than all his heirs.    

Novalis

wlow
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/06/30 23:53:00 (permalink)
Doing a seasonal (Spring, Summer Autumn, Winter) check-in to see what's up with the Mac version of Sonar. Has there been any official updates since April?

Thanks.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Why Cakewalk removed all the mac info from the website? 2017/07/01 00:46:19 (permalink)
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1