Helpful ReplyReaper is an awsome DAW "PERIOD" License $60

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Author
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/25 04:36:35 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Been with Reaper since version 1. Watched the beautiful transition from an audio only bare bones toy of a recorder into the gem it has become. When it came out, Reaper could not stand in Sonar's shadow. But now is now, way different game.

Not a power user since I've only ever needed 5 percent or less of the capabilities, which iz why I appreciate tips from the user base here.

You can actually download and install every version ever made of REAPER, all the way back to the first public beta, which was v0.40 at the bottom of this page.

https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=0x

MIDI started getting implemented at the 4th public beta, which was v0.43 One day I installed every version ever made, just to see what would happen, and especially what would happen if I tried loading one of my current projects. I installed the oldest one right on top of my current newer version and to my surprise, it came right up and ran, with no need to clean the registry, hand delete files spread out all over my HD or anything special.

Any version could overwrite any other version just by installing it. The other thing that blew my mind was that the project I was testing with, which had MIDI drums, and some audio tracks, loaded up and played in every version except the three initial ones that didn't yet have MIDI. REAPER would bark about things like folder tracks, which didn't exist back then, but it would simply load the project without any folders, or whatever feature didn't exist in that version. After running through every version and spending an entire day doing it, I installed the last current version, and again, did no cleaning up of the registry, hand deleting any files, or messing with anything. I just installed it on top of the last old version and I was instantly back where I started before my adventure.  ;)

Someone was in a discussion about Melodyne, pitch correction stuff. I have some Izotrope teaser.

Yep ARA2 will likely be fully implemented in REAPER by the time the ARA2 Melodyne is released. 

Mention made that ReaTune did pitch correction as we are waiting for safe ARA implementation.

Good grief... I've used ReaTune for years as a guitar tuner. Never opened the other tabs for pitch correction til one of you guys advised to check it out..
The thing actually works. Low latency. Basics there and they work well. Way cool.

I like to use the manual mode with ReaTune where I can just re-draw the pitch on the one flat or sharp notes. I have started using the built in pitch envelopes on clips lately, as I am finding that to be even easier. Just right click a clip that has a note you want to correct, and select "Take|Pitch Envelope". Then you have an envelope on that one clip that you can draw pitch using an envelope. Either way works fine.

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

Classic49
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2018/01/02 13:08:14 (permalink)
In Sonar, I made a lot of use of the event editor and Control Changes so these were important factors in looking at a way forward. I purchased Studio One (mainly based on a crossgrade price of £87) but have also been trying Reaper. I have to say that, so far, Reaper's Event List and the ability to name user-defined CCs has impressed me greatly.
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2018/01/02 16:52:23 (permalink)
Classic49
In Sonar, I made a lot of use of the event editor and Control Changes so these were important factors in looking at a way forward. I purchased Studio One (mainly based on a crossgrade price of £87) but have also been trying Reaper. I have to say that, so far, Reaper's Event List and the ability to name user-defined CCs has impressed me greatly.

I use the event list in REAPER all the time, and from what I remember of Sonar 5 (that was the last one I used 10 years ago), it seems like it offers pretty much the same information, and makes it easy to modify or remove pesky things like unwanted controller bytes or patch change data.

I also like the way REAPER lets me edit controller data in piano roll view. When I'm recording my V-Drums and need to alter my Hi-Hat foot pedal CC #4 data, I can see it and re-draw it at the bottom of the PRV.

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1