Helpful ReplyCakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018]

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/19/2018] 2018/09/30 23:03:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2018/10/02 11:06:04
VanessaJ
Am I correct to assume that this means I get no more updates? (last one with regular Sonar Platinum was October 2017).

Yes, Gibson shut down Cakewalk operations (including SONAR development) in Nov 2017 and sold Cakewalk IP to BandLab. In April 2018, Bandlab released a new product called Cakewalk by BandLab, a DAW based on the unreleased SONAR Platinum 2017-11,

VanessaJ
I'm concerned that I have to DOWNLOAD (!?!) Cakewalk by Bandlab, when I already have Sonar Platinum. I don't want to risk losing plug-ins, functionality, or any existing projects.
If it's a seamless transition with no risk of any loss of any functions, that would be one thing. But If I have to download a new version of something I already have, that concerns me.

If Platinum is on the PC, after upgrading to CbB - all the plug-ins bundled with Platinum, all the functionality of Platinum and all existing projects will be available in CbB. In fact, both Platinum and CbB will be available on the PC. CbB installs as an upgrade to Platinum because....it is an upgrade. To see the fixes and features made to CbB since SONAR development stopped read this.
OldNick
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1149
Re: Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018] 2018/11/16 04:09:00 (permalink)
Very comprehensive, thanks.

But is there a way I can see JUST Column A B and F. I want to compare with SPlat, and as is it means jumping back and forth and losing continuity in my grey old brain....

Nick
Aced : Zither Mush (I no longer have ANY idea what this means)
Ancient Seeker of Artifacts
Platinum 23.4.0, Win 7 64 bit
OldNick
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1149
Re: Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018] 2018/11/19 02:57:45 (permalink)
Nothing. OK.

I cant edit the chart

I cant copy and paste to an xml.

I will screen print and edit that.

shesssssh

Nick
Aced : Zither Mush (I no longer have ANY idea what this means)
Ancient Seeker of Artifacts
Platinum 23.4.0, Win 7 64 bit
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Cakewalk By BandLab vs SONAR Versions Comparison Chart [4/28/2018] 2018/11/19 19:12:39 (permalink)
OldNick
Nothing. OK.

I cant edit the chart

I cant copy and paste to an xml.

I will screen print and edit that.

shesssssh

Hey, Nick. You might want to remember that the chart was valid for the April 2018 release of CbB. I don't know off the top of my head how that chart might be different now - it's a good starting point, I'm sure, but might be incomplete or out of date as of November 2018.

I don't know why BandLab didn't release an editable version of the Google Doc, but I can make a reasoned guess or two. One is they want to keep control of the contents of the doc, and since we can't copy it there won't be doctored versions of it that are misleading or false. I agree with the complaint by many that having the chart set so that the headers (both the top rows and the left columns) scroll out of view makes using the chart harder than necessary. They should have been set to always display, then when you scroll sideways the information would still be there to know what was what, and that the columns you are looking at would still be obvious which product they are.

If you got desperate, you could endeavor to type it all in again to your spreadsheet of choice. That sounds like more work that it would be worth, but at least you could set the "Freeze" views so the header rows and columns stay visible all the time, and you could arrange the product columns to your heart's content.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1