Helpful ReplyGibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support!

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
TobyC
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 337
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/02 13:22:06 (permalink)
Great feedback "Customer Support" thank you.

And yes, please keep the FAQ.

TobyC

Album tracks & video: www.tobesmusic.com

Key Hardware: Asus Z-170A + Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00GHz Socket 1151, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz, StarTech.com 2 Port 1394a PCI Express FireWire Card, RME Fireface-UFX Audio Interface + Behringer ADA8200 8 Channel extension

Key Software: Win 7/64, Sonar Platinum, Sony Sound Forge Pro 11, Izotope (Ozone 7 Advanced, RX4, Nectar 2, Alloy 2), Voxengo (Elephant, LF Punch, Span Plus, Gliss EQ), Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13
astaub
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/02 23:01:10 (permalink)
I have Lifetime Sonar Platinum. Currently I'm still against a free offline activation. Years of development work and the hard-earned money of thousands of customers are summared in this product.

The competitors are now looking at Cakewalk and their employees hope that it continues to pay to develop such a software. Any healthy software of the same complexity needs $ 50- $ 80 every year from any of its customers.

You have to look at it realistically; under these costs nothing works in the long term that can be healthy.

Yes, please inform in the thread and on the homepage, with a link in the forum.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (Lifetime), Cakewalk by BandLab (Beta), Steinberg UR28M, Windows 8.1 , Notion 6 (Presonus), Dorico 1.2x (Steinberg), Cubase 9.5.x Pro. , Studio One 3.5x (Presonus),  WaveLab Pro 9.5.x (Steinberg) Halion 6.x 
AllanH
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/03 15:31:15 (permalink)
Customer Support [Cakewalk]
[]
Now a question for you all: would it be helpful if we continued to update the FAQ when we receive new information, or to address some of your concerns? Otherwise, what do you think the best way for us to relay information would be? I'm open to doing whatever it takes to keep you all in the loop.

Thank for the detailed post. I suggest a locked sticky post with all key communication from Cakewalk/Gibson.

Sonar Platinum, EWHO/D, Spitfire, Miroslav, Pianoteq, ....,  Kurzweil.
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/03 23:08:34 (permalink)
AllanH
Thank for the detailed post. I suggest a locked sticky post with all key communication from Cakewalk/Gibson.

+1, as well as another for all of the deals to unlock all the prochannel modules and included FX.
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/03 23:30:59 (permalink)
Obviously Gibson believes there is some value to the Cakewalk intellectual property, and therefore seeking a buyer. Otherwise, by now there would have been a release of a 'freedom code' for all registered users and a total switch off of everything.
A buyer might have already been found, or an MBO mounted, and those entail due diligence, indemnity documents, sale agreements, etc. and will take a few weeks.  If that's happening then obviously absolute secrecy prevails at the moment. I'm quietly optimistic.

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/04 01:32:56 (permalink)
It would be nice to have a 'last updated' date next to the FAQ link.  Would save me the trouble of having to click on the FAQ to make sure there hadn't been some important channeling from the oberlords at Gibson.  

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
Tom Riggs
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1752
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/04 06:53:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RickJP909 2017/12/04 10:40:43

In regards to the continued questions about authorization, my best guess is that will be the very last piece of news that is released. The auth solution should be dependent on the direction of the company moving forward. As nice as it sounds to permanently unlock SONAR and the other Cakewalk products, I personally think that would devalue the company and make it less likely for Cakewalk to be revived. 

I agree and would only request the unlock in the event that the doors close for good, which I hope they do not.

This can't be easy for you guys and gals. I have been through a corporate buyout before and did not enjoy it one bit.

Best wishes for all the Bakers and their families.

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
My YouTube

mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/04 15:31:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Shambler 2017/12/07 07:58:22
Surely if there was a legit buyer in the wings they’d do all they could to stop a mass exodus from Cakewalk and reassure the user base that all will be OK. Honestly I can’t see buyers lining up for Cakewalk. There’s just no money in it and with a history of 2 owners in relatively recent years that couldn’t turn it around how would a third buyer fare any better.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
z1812
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/05 17:26:16 (permalink)
Tom Riggs

In regards to the continued questions about authorization, my best guess is that will be the very last piece of news that is released. The auth solution should be dependent on the direction of the company moving forward. As nice as it sounds to permanently unlock SONAR and the other Cakewalk products, I personally think that would devalue the company and make it less likely for Cakewalk to be revived. 

I agree and would only request the unlock in the event that the doors close for good, which I hope they do not.

This can't be easy for you guys and gals. I have been through a corporate buyout before and did not enjoy it one bit.

Best wishes for all the Bakers and their families.

I very much agree with the above.
HARDDRlVER
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/06 12:28:46 (permalink)
I feel Gibson took its final plugin and shoved it right up my buss
dappa1
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2949
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/06 14:28:34 (permalink)
Hope you dont feel like you been plugged in. I think with all the info. Cake would have to make a new DAW how long would that take. Then they would have to win back customers and win over their competitors. To come back into the market and over take Studio One (once people have used it) that DAW would have to be out of this world.

Sonar X series 
https://youtu.be/9YNplnhTAZY Steal My Girl
 https://youtu.be/A0VPi_UZmLo Moon & Stars

KRK VXT6 Studio One 3  Main: SPLAT for Lifetime: Formerly known as...
Nothing beats the best!
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/06 23:02:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby user4325874 2017/12/07 15:12:56
astaub
I have Lifetime Sonar Platinum. Currently I'm still against a free offline activation. Years of development work and the hard-earned money of thousands of customers are summared in this product.

You are confusing subjects.  I don't think anyone is saying "free" offline activation.  Many of us paid to have use of the product.  There is no reason why as a paying customer we should have to be completely dependent on a company that will likely go bankrupt in order to continue to use a product I paid lifetime updates for.  That strongly implies activation should be continued for a lifetime.  

You could say the same thing about Sonar X3, or even Reaper can be installed and used without anything more than a reminder to pay for it.  These products "could" be activated off-line without limit once paid for.  

I'd like for Cakewalk to continue development, but people that are going to steal software are going to do so regardless of the companies policy.  It isn't like they would give out codes and authorization to people that didn't buy the software. 

blazingedgepro
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/07 05:27:58 (permalink)
Like everyone else, I am very distressed by all the news about Cakewalk. My two biggest concerns, of course, are future authorization issues and Sonar getting broken by some future Windows update. Thankfully, it seems like Cakewalk will give us a way to still use Sonar if the servers get shut off, so the only remaining problem is Windows. Honestly, though, I've never seen any update of Windows suddenly "break" Sonar and then Cakewalk has to scramble to fix it. It's never happened, as far as I know.

That being said, I will probably look into Studio One in a few months. I'd like to have a cross-platform DAW since I currently run Sonar on my MacBook Pro via BootCamp. But it's going to be very difficult to transition out of Sonar since I have been using Cakewalk since I was a kid in the early 1990s. I feel like my best friend just died.
backintrack
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/07 07:40:50 (permalink)
One of the statements says there will be ‘limited technical support ‘. I have not been able to get any since 8 November. There are no dates on the announcements. Does anyone know when the first announcement was made?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/07 07:47:47 (permalink)
this is dated Nov 17
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/07 12:49:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby backwoods 2017/12/09 01:06:19

It's unfortunate that it comes off as a "too good to be true" situation, but considering annual updates were $249 on our site for just about all of 2017, I still think the price for the now dreaded LTU wasn't all that bad.

I agree. It's unfortunate, but I certainly do not feel hard done by the LTU deal. It was great value. 

RickJP909
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 155
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/08 22:56:25 (permalink)
Well it has been a while since we heard from the member of "Customer Support [Cakewalk]" team.  Any update please?

I also would like someone to tell us exactly what the line; "A dedicated team has been established during this transition period to continue to serve the Cakewalk community" means, especially what the transition period is and the bigger question being, "while Cakewalk transitions into what exactly"?

Synth Hardware Aficionado!  Moog Sub 37, Roland MKS-70/XV-5080/JV-1000/JP-8000/JP-8080/Boutique JP-08, Oberheim Matrix-1000, Korg EX-8000/MS2000B, Novation Super Bass Station/A-Station/Drum Station 2/Supernova 2, E-MU Orbit-3, Edirol UM-550/880, Lexicon MX300, Akai MPD226, Mackie ProFX22, M-Audio Delta Soundcard.  PC: AMD FX-6350, 8GB RAM, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Sonar X2a Producer/Platinum (32-bit).
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/09 01:04:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby THERAPSMITH 2017/12/09 01:11:44
The one thing I'd be a little skeptical about is setting up an email blast, only because nothing we have going on seems to be written in stone. Without a firm understanding of direction, I wouldn't want to put that type of message out just yet.

Well the bolded part is semi-encouraging...I really hope something can be salvaged. Despite the speed bumps and bugs inherent in software, there were so many aspects of SONAR that were truly ahead of their time.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
embersofautumn
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/09 04:55:23 (permalink)
The roller coaster ride cannot be avoided at this point.   A pinned FAQ would be great.  
Keep the faith.
paul jenkins
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/09 11:26:48 (permalink)
JohanSebatianGremlin
Looks like all my Les Pauls will be Chibsons from now on.... Ho hum.

oh yes, I'm throwing out both my gibsons...no more Gibson for me.....not afyter this

Windows 10, 64 bit, intel core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ......12 gig ram ....Sonar lifetime updates, presonus audiobox 1818 interface, and beringer UFX1604 mixer interface/control surface...... All round musician, multi-instrumentalist/songwriter.....attempting to produce good music.....started on music creator 6 2014, bought sonar 2015....and now invested in lifetime updates......Learning always!!!!Thanx cakewalk and online forum
paul jenkins
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/09 11:32:51 (permalink)
Hey all,

Let me help try to dispel some of the myths that seem to be making the rounds in this thread. I'm also being a bit candid here, and it probably won't be the stock response you'd expect at this point.

First, while we didn't specifically mention install/reinstall in the FAQ, we've mentioned there, and also now on our home page, that our servers and website will remain active, and there will be no changes to how you can access your products. I know the feeling you get when you read "at this time" or "as of now", etc, but that's the best way we can be open and honest with you. We have no control over what happens to us next, but we were told that moving forward, servers will remain up. There's currently no indicator that this will change, what day that could change, etc, so all we can say is what we know. As strange as this may sound, it's sort of business as usual for now. Uninstall, reinstall, and authorize as little or as often as you need. If it makes you more comfortable, get the downloadable installers and put them on a hard drive, another machine, etc. If one day someone decides to shut everything down, we'll have a plan in place for you to authorize without the server.

The less fun thing for me to bring up is all the mentions of bug fixes. Unfortunately, this is another "at this time" situation. Gibson has in fact ceased operation and development of Cakewalk products. Bug fixes are definitely part of what the development team works on, and without a development team... well... you know the rest. The few of us here have been working on plans A, B, and C for different scenarios. If we get sold, shut down entirely, or somehow repurposed, we're doing our best to ensure we have a plan in place for our users. Don't forget, we're still SONAR users too, and we still want it to exist as much as anybody else.

Though I may get some flack for this, I'll even mention Lifetime Updates. In short, it looks good on paper. If Gibson didn't shut down Cakewalk, it'd still be something we could honor. Of course, the term "Lifetime" should always be met with the question of "what lifetime?". During the promotion, we said "even if we change SONAR Platinum to SONAR ___, you'll still get updates" and believe it or not, we meant it. I personally would have looked with caution, but if the plan was for updates to be enhancements and bug fixes, and then charge for new content, instruments, and major features, the business plan now seems to make more sense. It's unfortunate that it comes off as a "too good to be true" situation, but considering annual updates were $249 on our site for just about all of 2017, I still think the price for the now dreaded LTU wasn't all that bad. I know of a certain industry standard that costs more for a single year anyway, and they definitely weren't handing out new features each month.

Now a question for you all: would it be helpful if we continued to update the FAQ when we receive new information, or to address some of your concerns? Otherwise, what do you think the best way for us to relay information would be? I'm open to doing whatever it takes to keep you all in the loop.

awesome...thanx so much customer support guy

Windows 10, 64 bit, intel core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ......12 gig ram ....Sonar lifetime updates, presonus audiobox 1818 interface, and beringer UFX1604 mixer interface/control surface...... All round musician, multi-instrumentalist/songwriter.....attempting to produce good music.....started on music creator 6 2014, bought sonar 2015....and now invested in lifetime updates......Learning always!!!!Thanx cakewalk and online forum
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers! 2017/12/09 14:50:26 (permalink)
Thanks for the feedback.  Furry paws crossed form something positive for you all left there firefighting and hopefully SONAR and Cakewalk.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
realex
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/09 20:07:29 (permalink)
I've been using Cakewalk since DOS 4.0 (1988) I did all the upgrades, every year, until one of (don't remember which) the Pro Audio series.  Then I skipped a few, the started with Sonar.  I bought Sonar Professional and then, a couple of months later, got Sonar Platinum (anybody want a copy of Sonar Pro?  Used very little?)  Then I bought the lifetime update at the sale price, and figured "well, that's the end of Cakewalk." 

I realized there was no way they could sell a one-time, lifetime upgrade if that was the end of the product line and stay in business.  I already had a bad feeling because Gibson bought them. 

So, after about 30 years, I just want to say "Thanks, Cakewalk."  I bought it way back in 1988 because, unlike the competitors, it didn't have a "dongle".  Greg Hendershott and 12 Tones actually trusted me not to steal it.  So I didn't.  And I dreamed of the day I'd be able to record audio with my computer.  I could never have imagined the heights to which home recording would eventually reach.  And for me, Cakewalk was always part of it. 

Pro Tools?  Yeah, sure, I've used that plenty of times in studios I've recorded in.   Never liked it much.  I always thought Sonar (or Pro Audio, or Cakewalk) was better.  Then again, I'm not much of a Mac fan in the first place. 

So thanks to all the men and women at Cakewalk.  I'm sorry that you're no longer employed there, and hope you will find jobs quickly that will be rewarding both mentally and financially.  It's been a long run.  You've been helpful to millions of musicians making G-d knows how many songs.  You've made things a little better for everyone.

You should be proud of yourselves.   I'm proud of you.

- Russell "Hitman" Alexander
The Hitman Blues Band

(and yes, I've used Cakewalk for pre-production on every album, as well as recording some permanent tracks and then porting them over to whatever the studio used).
garybrun
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 436
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/10 13:55:19 (permalink)
Thanks for the feedback.
Really hope someone throws you all a lifebelt!

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Win 10 64 bit, English,
Intel Core i7 4960X @ 3.67GHz, ASRock Motherboard, 48GB DDR3 1600MHz, Nvidea NVS 510, Intel 750 1.2 SSD, 488GB SSD, 300GB SSD, 22TB in SATA
Hardware: VS-700 set ASIO, Presonus RM32ai, Studio Live III 32, Studiolive 32R,  RME Fireface 800, Matrox MX02 Rack, Roland Integra 7, Roland A-88, Edirol R-4 Pro, Focusrite Liquid Channel x 2, Jomeek Studio Channel VC1Qcs, Ultra Dyne 9024, TD30KV, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Monitors: Focal TRIO6 BE, JBL Studio Monitor 4412, SE Monroe Egg 150, Avantone x 2.
RickJP909
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 155
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/12 14:33:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby THambrecht 2017/12/12 14:43:30
Because info from this thread has been copied and pasted, and has started the same discussions elsewhere, when in fact Cakewalk Support have officially addressed some of the concerns here, I'm bumping this discussion back up in the forum to ensure we're not seeing posts which appear to reveal new information when in fact, it's just been plagiarised from this original thread.

I agree with Chuckebaby on this in that it creates posts which elude to new information and create false hope when in fact there's nothing new at all and so it's disappointing to have to trawl through the thread to discover this fact!

In the meantime, some new info from Customer Support would be nice and like I keep asking what do you guys mean when Noel's statement read "during this transition period"?  Transition to what please is what I'd like to know?  What can we the users/customers expect from Cakewalk going forward?

Cheers. :-)

Synth Hardware Aficionado!  Moog Sub 37, Roland MKS-70/XV-5080/JV-1000/JP-8000/JP-8080/Boutique JP-08, Oberheim Matrix-1000, Korg EX-8000/MS2000B, Novation Super Bass Station/A-Station/Drum Station 2/Supernova 2, E-MU Orbit-3, Edirol UM-550/880, Lexicon MX300, Akai MPD226, Mackie ProFX22, M-Audio Delta Soundcard.  PC: AMD FX-6350, 8GB RAM, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Sonar X2a Producer/Platinum (32-bit).
THambrecht
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/12 14:46:39 (permalink)
On the Gibson website there is still advertising for SONAR:
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Pro-Audio.aspx

.... Millions of musicians worldwide—including Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers, and engineers—use Cakewalk products daily to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries.

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/12 15:17:16 (permalink)
RickJP909
Because info from this thread has been copied and pasted, and has started the same discussions elsewhere, when in fact Cakewalk Support have officially addressed some of the concerns here, I'm bumping this discussion back up in the forum to ensure we're not seeing posts which appear to reveal new information when in fact, it's just been plagiarised from this original thread.

I agree with Chuckebaby on this in that it creates posts which elude to new information and create false hope when in fact there's nothing new at all and so it's disappointing to have to trawl through the thread to discover this fact!

In the meantime, some new info from Customer Support would be nice and like I keep asking what do you guys mean when Noel's statement read "during this transition period"?  Transition to what please is what I'd like to know?  What can we the users/customers expect from Cakewalk going forward?

maybe a host could sticky this thread?

just a sec

gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/15 17:31:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kzmaier 2017/12/15 18:00:38
I'm very encouraged by the Cakewalk customer support person's words. Those that are panicking should calm down and trust what he said. If you love Sonar like I do and have years or decades wrapped up in it, you should stay with it unless there's a real reason to jump ship and personally I doubt if that will happen. There are too many smart dedicated people that will keep us afloat. I'm a lifer.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/15 22:26:02 (permalink)
gmp

I'm a lifer.

and perhaps a dreamer?

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

outland144k
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 934
Re: Gibson / Cakewalk Announcement FAQ - Finally Some Answers from Customer Support! 2017/12/16 02:26:15 (permalink)
RickJP909

I took the word "transition" to refer to this comment in the "formal" notice from Gibson which Noel links to his own message:

Gibson Brands announced today that it is ceasing active development and production of Cakewalk branded products. The decision was made to better align with the company’s acquisition strategy that is heavily focused on growth in the global consumer electronics audio business under the Philips brand.

If one was looking for some hope regarding the future continuation of the Cakewalk brand/product line, I don't think (unfortunately) that one realistically can find it in Noel's statement and his use of the word "transition". 
post edited by outland144k - 2017/12/16 07:31:30

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” is attributed to Benjamin Franklin perhaps in error, but the thought remains a worthy sentiment nonetheless.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1