Good News? Post it Here.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
wmb
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 658
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/02/18 17:03:15 (permalink)
To add to the media blitz regarding the MTV show REALWORLD: Brooklyn I mentioned in the post above:

Here is a link to the artists' electronic press kit on youtube. I shot it in my studio and it includes a few quick shots of Sonar 8 as well as various studio and equipment shots. Since there are occasional "show me pics of your studio" threads, here are some of mine. It's also viewable in HD.

William

post edited by wmb - 2009/02/18 17:17:06
razor
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1557
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/02/27 15:53:40 (permalink)
The 8.3 patch came out and now the forum members can stop ranting--well, about the patch not being out yet anyway...

Stephen Davis

Cakewalk by Bandlab
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
ADK DAW - (out of business 2018)
Intel i7 4930K CPU
Core i7 SB-E MOBO
16 GB DDR3 RAM
7 TB Storage
Layla 3G SoundCard (11.5 ms Roundtrip Latency)
UAD-2 DSP
WaveLab 8 Pro 64-bit 
Sound Forge 10 Pro
7XL
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/03/03 11:19:56 (permalink)
Carl Jacobson is a really nice human being.

I know that this somehow has to do something with SONAR.

It's all behind the scenes.....
fooman
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1382
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/03/03 19:43:40 (permalink)
So after a few months interning at a mastering house with a pretty nice B room that includes a slew of vintage outboard gear (API 550as, LA2A, 1176, Distressor, Fairchild, Neve etc). One problem, Pro Tools w/ a 192!!

So after a bunch of recording on the PT rig, mixing, and a LOT of working around the flaws of the system I was a bit fed up.
Asides from that, I have decided that mastering isn't my thing and that I would much rather be at home in my own studio recording and mixing. Foolish? Perhaps, but it makes me happy.

However, that means I can come home back to Sonar! I was using 7, but I had 8 waiting in the CD case waiting until a few fixes were made and people seemed generally happy with it. No more ADC issues, plug-in restrictions, macs, computer processing power issues, using their UAD-1 card (I have a UAD-2 and it is great), and no more damn DAE ERRORS!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm pretty happy to be going back to Sonar. I knew what I had, but I didn't think I'd miss it THIS much.
ronboy
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/03/16 12:59:31 (permalink)
I just ordered my Sonar 8 Studio upgrade! I'm really excited about it. I didn't upgrade to Sonar 8 Producer because I really don't need that kind of power and the price point. So, I think I made the right decision!
Lanceindastudio
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4604
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/03/23 09:03:55 (permalink)
I produced a record with my partner R1CKONE under my production company, AristoTrax, called Lil Rockstarz. It's 18 rock song covers, some classics, lots of new hits with kids singing on it. Its a kid crowd vocal, no adults, so the kids get all the glory hehe.

Anyway, the record was produced with sonar, starting on version 7 and finalized after I started using sonar 8.

It is going nation wide! The commercial is airing all day on Nickelodean. Just wanted to share some good news involving sonar!
Im starting on Lil Rockstarz 2 record soon!

We recorded the vocals at a Ameraycan and Paramount recording Studios, and the pro tools guys there were really impressed with the tracks, so of course I mentioned doing all the work in sonar... ;)

Also, one othere thing, using their neve/UA audio, Neumans and all didnt really impress me as I honestly get great sound out of my studio as well. We wanted to bring the kids to a studio for hire though as they hace games and a good waiting room and lots of space and engineers to work with etc. so it made it fun for them an easy on us! lol

Comes out March 31 in Target, Walmart, and Best Buy-

www.lilrockstarz.com

Cheers, Lance

Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS Motherboard   
i7 3770k CPU
32 gigs RAM
Presonus AudioBox iTwo
Windows 10 64 bit, SONAR PLATINUM 64 bit
Lots of plugins and softsynths and one shot samples, loops
Gauge ECM-87, MCA SP-1, Alesis AM51
Presonus Eureka
Mackie HR824's and matching subwoofer
brtubb@embarqmail.co
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/03/28 19:11:06 (permalink)
I just ordered my upgrade from SONAR 4PE to 8PE and intend to use it, along with my Roland VG99 to master tracks exclusively for my public domain music based MIDI files' webite, for which I also invite any SONAR [and/or VG99] user to showcase their arrangeming, recording and mastering production skills, either using my site's MIDI files as their basis, or your own -- all as free publicity (artist/site links). First come, first server basis only. All files must be in MP3 format (192Kbps encoded) BUT FIRST send an email to me to get my acceptance of what you intend to send. Of course, I reserve the right to accept/refuse the posting of any such file for any reason. Once accepted and posted, you may request your file's removal at anytime for any reason.

Although not active yet, this webpage will be a permanent link from my site's main page as soon as the first file is accepted and posted.

MP3 Showcase
Arrangements of Public Domain Music
(all files used posted with permission, for personal, non-commercial use only)
http://www.pdmusic.org/pdm-mp3.html

- - -
Finale, Harmony Assistant with Virtual Singer, SONAR PE, Band in a Box, RealBand, Jammer Pro
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/04/11 20:04:16 (permalink)
I just got my x64 guitar rig rolling and I'm so! happy!

V(-_-)V

Above is me making a peace sign!

:)

G
glen55
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 229
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/04/14 15:06:44 (permalink)
Congratulations to all the studs and studettes who posted all the great news in this thread.

My news is MUCH more mundane, but it's great news to me. I'm a newbie in several ways: to Sonar, to the home studio thing, and to making my own music. But I got the studio up and running about 3 weeks ago, have four songs down. I am happier with my product than I expected to be, and have been getting good-to-even-great reviews from my friends, including my guitar teacher who is a pro.

I'm just getting the hang of Sonar, if that, but I am loving everything I can do with it. The learning curve has been a bit steep, but it's actually quite easy to use once you know how. I haven't had a single good nights sleep since I got it all working, and I say that in the very best way.

The Beatles, Sinatra, Elton John, Zappa, Steely Dan, Howlin' Wolf, Pink Floyd, Al Green, ELO,  Nickelback, at the moment. Yourself?
lucentlure
  • Total Posts : 20
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/04/14 21:27:40 (permalink)
One of my private Sonar Students who used to use other DAW's
but now uses Sonar exclusively signed a major publishing deal with
universal 80/20 split in his favor. He is writing songs for international
Broadway Shows and Acclaimed Artists. And Some of the studios where
he took his tracks to be mixed and mastered now tell him they sound
excellent as they are - Sonar The way forward
Marketing [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 276
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/04/17 10:41:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 7XL

Carl Jacobson is a really nice human being.

I know that this somehow has to do something with SONAR.

Aw shucks
VirgilGuitar
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/04/26 01:59:28 (permalink)
I finally got Sonar Producer (Was having issues with Vers. 7, so last night I downloaded vers. 8) to get ALL of my VST's (And DXi's) working - I am just using the trial version, the full upgrade is arriving FedEX on Tuesday. Life is grand - the only downside was I had to install the 32-bit version. Just wondering if I am going to have to de-install the trial when the full version arrives. I been working on this for 2 weeks and 2 days - the forums have been a great help to me, now I get to pass on some wisdom - woot woot.

Virgil
"It takes sh*t and sunshine for flowers to grow."

LPMusic
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 170
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/03 12:27:27 (permalink)
I've been getting alot of reaction online to my score for the Discovery International show "Megabuilders", recently renamed Colossal Construction" in the States. Just wanted to let you know that I used various versions of Sonar PE for all the music in the show.
best
Lou Pomanti.

www.loupomanti.com
Mike Fisher
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1374
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/03 17:53:31 (permalink)
Cool Lou. I've seen that show several times.
mhuang
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/06 22:30:49 (permalink)
recently finished writing additional music for the MMORPG Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss expansion pack using SONAR and EWQL products, the 2 products are an excellent combo!

Michael Huang - Sound Editor, Composer.
http://www.filmnoise.com
http://www.imdb.me/michael

cryptexmarble
  • Total Posts : 289
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/11 14:47:50 (permalink)
Using Sonar since version 7 , because it was less expensive then the cube.....Now the cube had to drop its price way down.
Folks found out about the superb audioquality of Sonar over all others !
I will never go back to Cubase ! And I am realy happy to get such an awesome sound out of my PC!!!!

THANK YOU CAKEWALK - I hOPE I can someday afford to builsd several churches in your honour!

BOOyaa¨H!

cryptexmarble@myspace

MB: Intel DX58SO
AUdio: MOTU ultralite
6GB corsair RAM
INTEL i7 920
4x 3,4 Ghz (overclocked)
lavoll
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 447
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/11 17:33:22 (permalink)
i've been contracted to score two tv seasons of two different tv shows (one is distributed by disney), design sound for a big'ish computer game and i am finishing up the dub of norwegian voices for a cinema animated feature.
(dub is a no sonar job, see various posts on the subject :) )

sonar x1b, win 7, 12gig ram, 6gb ssd, i7 Hexa Processor i7-970, lynx aurora
Mike Kohlgraf
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 344
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/05/12 15:07:05 (permalink)

Mixposure *SoundClick * ATTENTION: Listen to my Radio shows on Mix Radio every Saturday starting at 7 pm ET/USA www.Mixposure.com
jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/06/12 21:07:14 (permalink)
Having produced 10 CDs with Sonar/Cakewalk Pro Audio which includes 3 concertos, 6 symphonies and many other works, I am pleased that I recently received a very positive review from Tokafi, a German-based music website, for my latest CD release, WAVES. Waves includes 6 short pieces and a clarinet concerto in three movements. The 6 short pieces are as follow: three are for sampled instruments only, and three are for software synthesis only. The clarinet concerto makes use of sampled orchestral instruments, software synthesis, and, of course, an acoustic clarinet playing the solo part.

My commitment and passion over the past 22 years has been the intersection of contemporary classical composition and digital music technology. I retired from soundtrack work in 1996 in order to focus my energies on this pursuit.

The review is here:
http://www.tokafi.com/newsitems/cd-feature-jerry-gerber-waves/

Jerry Gerber
www.jerrygerber.com

MuttJunior
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/06/19 11:14:19 (permalink)
Recent good news from my perspective has been the release of Sonar 8 / 8.3 which has dramatically reduced the number of mysterious dropouts and crashes. I've been able to up my track count and haven't experienced a dropout in months.
djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/01 10:20:54 (permalink)
OK here's a first .. Im not bashing SP8 LOL.. Due to the fact of all my little issues and complaining , I do love Sonar, 100%
I have 3 singles being released on different labels, That I did completely in sonar 8 PE, Accept for the mastering, .. I produce progressive/tech/house/trance music. Oh yeah with the help of many cool 3rd party plug ins.. All In all there is no better daw for the pc.. hands down the best. Thanks Cakewalk..
djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/01 12:04:27 (permalink)
Oh yeah the greatest thing about sonar 8 the ability to load some many programs and have the cpu barely budge..
The Last prodject I did was about 40 tracks with i would say 30 plugins opened up and none of them were evened bounced,, my cpu is only at 27 % SWEET>>>
on 7 I would of had to bounce a bunch and waste time.. and when I want to change something I had to un archive em , what a pain ,, no more..
kicksville
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/06 08:31:47 (permalink)
Howdy y'all -

I posted this on the songs forum, too, but I thought I'd share here as well. I just wanted to let you know that our label (Ropeadope) finally agreed to let us set up all our new Kicksville releases as free downloads. Since we release a song a week, there will be a ton of new stuff going up in addition to the music that's already available.

Everything we do is recorded and mixed in SONAR, and The Singles - Season 2 releases are all mastered by Jay Frigoletto at Mastersuite. Since Kicksville has been using Cakewalk stuff since v1.1, it's nice to be able to give something back, no strings attached

Here's the link: http://www.kicksville.com/thesinglesseason2.html

Enjoy!
SXSURFER
  • Total Posts : 55
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/08 02:04:02 (permalink)
I've attempted to download Sonar Pro update 8.3. Your site says page not available; i've tried this on two different days. Perhaps I don't need to download this as I am currently running version 8.3.0.376. Is there a later update?

Also, I wasn't able to report bugs in the bugs email section. Wanted to make someone aware that the console view is buggy in 8.3. I am using ALPHATRACK and when I am in console view and use ALPHATRACK to scroll to a fader past the divider, in either direction, the view stops scrolling. This happens when I use either the trk rotary or the track arrow buttons on the alphatrack.

In addition, theconsole view display doesn't refresh correctly after scrolling using alphatrack. In other words, when I use the horizonal scroll bar to bring the hidden track into view the track number and controller numbers don't coincide when using two controllers. E.G. there are five tracks total, four tracks are visible, and one is hidden past the divider(the divider at the beginning of buss section). When I use the horizontal slider to scroll over to bring track five into view; the WAI is incorrect. wrong controller color is shown. However, if I move the divider to the right, the correct WAI contoller color is revealed.

Also, when pushing buttons on the Alpha controller to activate RECORD, MUTE, SOLO, etc. another function button is activated. E.G. using Alphatrack to activate mute on track 2 will also activate the step Sequencer button. The Step sequencer doesn't actually popup, but the display changes the stepsequencer button from off to on.

Final observance, The buss button doesn't display correctly when first opening the console view. E.G. the Buss section will be showing on screen, but the actual button that shows the buss section is no lit on screen. This goes away after the BUSS view button is pressed on the virtual button on screen.

POSSIBLE NEW FEATURE
Visually show the signal path in the console view. So if the send is pre fader, the send pot literally appear before the fader on screen. Perhaps this could be done by having another small window appear showing the actual live signal path for each channel. The trim would appear at the bottom, the eq next, or dynamics processor depending if this is pre or post eq. meter would be shown either pre or post fader. I under stand that there is an actual signal path diagram, but what I am referring to is an actual live representation of each channel. So in the quick signal path window, you would see channel one showing the send 1 pre fader and channel two showing send 1 post fader. each actually displaying in the actual order of the signal path. Now a person could visually see where the signal path is going for each channel live. This would provide quick visual feedback and would be a feature the copitiaon doesn't have. Something to further enhance Sonar.

I'm guessing that your team is already aware of these issue, but it doesn't hurt to send a reminder.

Best regards,
Leo

Please checkout the song IT'S ALRIGHT that my production company DISCRETE, composed, arranged, produced and mixed in SONAR 8 professional.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/discrete
SXSURFER
  • Total Posts : 55
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/08 04:36:43 (permalink)
Hello all,
I just wanted to mention that my business partner and I, collectively known as the production team DISCRETE, are very excited about the release of our single “IT’S ALRIGHT” using SONAR 8 solely to compose, arrange, produce, and mix the song. There are three versions, one of which, “IT’S ALRIGHT” (rhythm mix) done completely, with the exception of the vocal track of course, using BEATSCAPE (all I can say is BEATSCAPE IS OFF THE HOOK!).

Please give a listen at http://cdbaby.com/cd/discrete and if you like what you hear, all three versions are included for 99 cents as a MP3 download. That's 33 cents a piece!

Feedback is welcomed and can be sent to discreteproduction@gmail.com

Now for the shameless plug. DISCRETE is a new production collaboration that includes Andy Bernardy, and me Leo Sauvageau. Discrete is looking for an opportunity to present our songwriting and producing skills to those who would be interested in signing us, or could provide some connection with those in the industry. At the very least we would be open to getting feedback from someone who has some experience. As DISCRETE, both Andy and I understand the meaning and the need for constructive critism. We are very much willing to listen. We believe in the saying “no one knows it all and there is always room for improvement.” We both understand the need to detach our egos from the product. The proverbial cutting the cord and letting the kid breathe; or allowing the kid to eat from its mouth rather than from the tube attached between mother and little tyke. In addition, we understand the separation of the Rockstar Fantasy and the reality of this being a job. No different than any other 9 to 5 with a salary and tons of over time (working long hours and still getting paid standard wage) with paid vacation and perhaps holidays tossed in.

Final thought, we’re not looking to be performers, but rather the songwriter, arranger, audio engineer and producer of the project. We are also open to just interning and learning from the pros. We possibly would pay you to learn more about this process. So please give a listen and let us know what you think.

We apologize in advance if this post violates any of the forum rules.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, AND EACH OTHER.

Sincerely,
DISCRETE
post edited by SXSURFER - 2009/07/08 05:03:23

Please checkout the song IT'S ALRIGHT that my production company DISCRETE, composed, arranged, produced and mixed in SONAR 8 professional.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/discrete
Peter Morrison
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
Re:Good News? Post it Here. 2009/07/26 06:08:45 (permalink)
I started using cakewalk as far back as Professional 7 and apart from Professional 8, I have upgraded every upgrade to the present Sonar 8. Can I have a Mars Bar please? I use Sonar because it is very user friendly, (We used to say, "Easy to use") and I find very stable for my needs.
www.petermorrisonmusic.com

Gear;-4 copper kettles-a large dustbin-a piece of string and a cotter pin. I keep a spring on standby 
Matt
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2009/08/10 08:28:24 (permalink)

Mod Bod

I stay very busy due to the fact that none of these ProTools equipped studios in Houston can touch what I'm doing with Sonar.
I'd look to see you expand on this and tell where SONAR gives you an edge in relation to this other platform.

An old question from an old friend....  but I don't get here very often.

I can't speak of Pro Tools-- almost all of my colleagues exclusively use Logic.  It's definitely a sore spot with me because they think I'm positively NUTSO for using Sonar.  What surprises me, is that apparently they have no problem waiting for things.  They wait for files to open, they wait for plugins to load, they wait for their computer to reboot when it crashes.  I know this is a blatant generalization, but still I am amazed to see them select a file to open and then go make coffee while it loads.  I don't wait for ANYthing in Sonar; I don't crash, ever.  I don't brag or gripe about Sonar to them-- I consider it to be my "secret weapon".

I've been using Cakewalk for 15 years and writing music for television for the past 10 years.  Thanks, Sonar!

http://www.koskenmaki.com/ 

(edited to fix quote feature)
post edited by Matt - 2009/08/15 00:58:05
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1