Helpful ReplyLong Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
TStorms
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/14 17:13:13 (permalink)
Anderton
Well in that case, I'm stumped. Any problems I've encountered in the past were solved by what I mentioned.

Me too! However, I just unchecked Project/MIDI/Other Options/Zero Controllers When Play Stops and ../Send MIDI Sync/Transmit MIDI Start/Continue/Stop/Clock. I don't have any external MIDI devices connected. I'm hopeful this might be a workaround since there have been no glitches to about 10 minutes while starting and stopping playback numerous times. I'll keep you all posted on what happens over a little more time time and also when I try recording some soft synth stuff.

Hipatitis (n): Terminal coolness. 

Platinum on Win 7 Intel i7 870 8GB Ram Crucial SSD WD Raptor 10K RPM TC Electronic StudioKonnekt48 Akai MPK49
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/14 17:49:27 (permalink)
robert_e_bone
AdamGrossmanLG
Rasure
Just a thought, you could check to see if your USB selective suspend setting is not enabled. I had similar issues with USB hard disks disconnecting until I disabled it, never had a problem since. Not saying this is the issue, but worth a check. I`m on windows 7 so you`ll have to check for your settings in your own windows version :-)  

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input.  Mine is ENABLED.  So I guess that's not it either :(  Thanks though.

Hey - I skipped any posts after this one, because I quoted it and it took me to the bottom.

You WANT the USB Selective Suspend option DISABLED.  Otherwise, Windows will disconnect USB-connected devices, which then knocks them out of working in Sonar.  Disable that option, and Windows will leave everything connected via USB alone.

Bob Bone

^^^ What he said.

Make sure that this is "DISABLED".

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
abacab
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/14 17:51:43 (permalink)
Rasure
You could also check individual USB devices in "Device Manager" to make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT enabled :-)

^^^ This too!!!

AdamGrossmanLG
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1436
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 14:36:54 (permalink)
Well, I tried the Robotham power management setting and Anderton, I tried removing the hidden MIDI drivers exactly as your article stated.

Still no good. :(
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 15:36:24 (permalink)
If things work after a reboot, it seems some system or SONAR parameter is being restored to a default that works.

Just out of curiosity...

• What happens if you use an interface's 5-pin DIN MIDI ports instead of USB?
  • Any chance you're using a USB 2 interface with a USB 3 port?
  • What MIDI playback buffer setting are you using? I don't think that's the problem, but you never know.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 19:58:00 (permalink)
Great post! Yet another Windows setting I had no idea about. Never underestimate the power of posting about your dilemma.

Anderton
AdamGrossmanLG
probably just poor coding as usual with Cakewalk.

Actually it's almost certain that it isn't, given that no one else is chiming in to say they've experienced this problem.

Not everyone reads every post. I've had USB issues like this since... ever. We'll see if my issues are fixed by these setting changes.
Anderton
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 20:35:11 (permalink)
soens
Anderton
AdamGrossmanLG

Actually it's almost certain that it isn't, given that no one else is chiming in to say they've experienced this problem.

Not everyone reads every post. I've had USB issues like this since... ever. We'll see if my issues are fixed by these setting changes.

I know not everyone reads every post, but I do monitor posts. Although there are quite a few posts about various issues with USB, particularly audio, I don't recall seeing any that were solved specifically by reboots (of course, I don't read every post either but I do try to keep on top of problems). Most fixes have involved techniques that have already been mentioned, along with quirks like certain interfaces being "wedded" to certain ports so if you unplug them and plug into a different port, the driver doesn't register (and this adds another port to the ongoing list Windows keeps).

There have also been threads that have gone on forever where people have offered a zillion different suggestions, only to find out that something was going through an unpowered hub that had multiple peripherals plugged into it, and plugging directly into the motherboard's USB port or a dedicated USB card solved the problem.

Because I haven't seen this issue appearing with regularity, if it was indeed "poor coding" then it should be fairly prevalent because the problem would relate to SONAR, as opposed to an interaction within the system. It really helps to isolate the issue as much as possible. A lot of people assume that if SONAR acts up, it's a SONAR problem so they re-install SONAR to no avail...or if Windows acts up, they re-install Windows and it doesn't make a difference because the problem may actually be a piece of hardware or driver.

If the problem is solved by exiting and opening SONAR, then that might point to some whacked SONAR preference. If the problem is solved by rebooting the computer, then it sounds like something computer-related. But I can't say for sure because I never needed to come up with a solution past "turn on the peripherals before turning on the computer." BUT that's not universally applicable advice, either 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 22:39:44 (permalink)
Hi
I had an Akai MPK49 which I had endless drop out problems with - even though I liked it as a controller, in the end I gave up on it and purchased a Novation Impulse 61 which has worked perfectly ever since - same computer, same ports etc -  I have this on a Windows 7 system
No idea if this is relevant to your situation but worked for me
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

Anderton
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/15 23:03:47 (permalink)
Thanks for the info (and the sig).

TStorms
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 06:21:56 (permalink)
Well as promised in my prior post (http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3643701), I'm letting you know that I no longer have a problem with Sonar freezes when playback or recording ends. Apparently unchecking the two MIDI parameters I mentioned does the trick for me. I've been banging away at Sonar for a day or two and no freezes so far.

I hope this workaround helps.

Hipatitis (n): Terminal coolness. 

Platinum on Win 7 Intel i7 870 8GB Ram Crucial SSD WD Raptor 10K RPM TC Electronic StudioKonnekt48 Akai MPK49
AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 11:18:37 (permalink)
Anderton
soens
Anderton
AdamGrossmanLG

I know not everyone reads every post, but I do monitor posts. Although there are quite a few posts about various issues with USB, particularly audio, I don't recall seeing any that were solved specifically by reboots (of course, I don't read every post either but I do try to keep on top of problems). Most fixes have involved techniques that have already been mentioned, along with quirks like certain interfaces being "wedded" to certain ports so if you unplug them and plug into a different port, the driver doesn't register (and this adds another port to the ongoing list Windows keeps).

There have also been threads that have gone on forever where people have offered a zillion different suggestions, only to find out that something was going through an unpowered hub that had multiple peripherals plugged into it, and plugging directly into the motherboard's USB port or a dedicated USB card solved the problem.

Because I haven't seen this issue appearing with regularity, if it was indeed "poor coding" then it should be fairly prevalent because the problem would relate to SONAR, as opposed to an interaction within the system. It really helps to isolate the issue as much as possible. A lot of people assume that if SONAR acts up, it's a SONAR problem so they re-install SONAR to no avail...or if Windows acts up, they re-install Windows and it doesn't make a difference because the problem may actually be a piece of hardware or driver.

If the problem is solved by exiting and opening SONAR, then that might point to some whacked SONAR preference. If the problem is solved by rebooting the computer, then it sounds like something computer-related. But I can't say for sure because I never needed to come up with a solution past "turn on the peripherals before turning on the computer." BUT that's not universally applicable advice, either 

Well, then can you explain how when the MIDI controller is not working in Sonar, it works fine in standalone VST applications (in the same moment)?   Here is what I have done:

-when MIDI controller stops working in Sonar, I keep Sonar open and open a VST app and they keyboard works.
-I then close Sonar, keyboard still works in VST app
-I then close the VST app, re-open Sonar, still doesn't work.
-I then reboot and then it SOMETIMES works again in Sonar.

The only problem app is Sonar here.
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 11:43:59 (permalink)
Adam, im not sure if I mentioned but don't rule out a bad USB port or bad USB able.
I wore a port out a while back and it difficult for me to find out what was wrong because the port was the last thing I expected but when we plug in our controllers, interfaces, exc in to a port a million times they get wasted eventually.
Of course this doesn't explain why it works with VSTs but not sonar. (maybe sonar is just finicky)

Also not sure if mentioned but don't use a USB hub.
Also important to sonar but not as much vst's, make sure to always plug the controller in to the same port you used to install the drivers. you will get it to work but inconsistently. Some devices are plug and play so that doesn't always apply.

I haven't experienced losing devices but I have had sonar hold my controller hostage a while back with an M audio Oxygen 49. However once I built a new system the problem disappeared. I blamed the combo of Sonar and the set up (An AMD FX/Gigabyte Mobo).

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

abacab
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 14:28:08 (permalink)
AdamGrossmanLG

Well, then can you explain how when the MIDI controller is not working in Sonar, it works fine in standalone VST applications (in the same moment)?   Here is what I have done:

-when MIDI controller stops working in Sonar, I keep Sonar open and open a VST app and they keyboard works.

Can you reproduce this using a different MIDI controller, or is it only happening to one particular device?

AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 14:42:56 (permalink)
abacab
AdamGrossmanLG

Can you reproduce this using a different MIDI controller, or is it only happening to one particular device?

This problem has been happening for over 7 years now... going back to at least X1 with different computers and different keyboard controllers over the years.  Same exact symptoms though.

Its fine if it is a problem with Cakewalk, not looking to place blame, just looking to get a fix. 
Anderton
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 15:29:50 (permalink)
AdamGrossmanLG
Anderton

Well, then can you explain how when the MIDI controller is not working in Sonar, it works fine in standalone VST applications (in the same moment)? 

In SONAR, MIDI is part of a system and has a different set of Preferences and constraints than a stand-alone VST. See TStorm's post above. He seems to confirm my thinking "then it might point to some whacked SONAR preference."

Also, are you sure that SONAR is not actually seeing MIDI as opposed to not producing sound? For example, only one device at a time can access ASIO. If you have a stand-alone VST that wants ASIO, and SONAR set to ASIO, only one of them will produce audio.

Base 57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 17:33:38 (permalink)
Hi Adam, without rereading the entire thread I can't remember if this has been suggested yet. Try deleting (or renaming) the TTSSEQ.ini file. It can be difficult to find (Users/roaming/ appdata?). But after deleting it when you restart SONAR it will build a new one. You will have to redo all of your friendly names but it can fix a lot of these type of midi issues. 

"If you have a stand-alone VST that wants ASIO, and SONAR set to ASIO, only one of them will produce audio."

Not to be argumentative, but I can run Dim Pro and Rap session (ASIO) standalone at the same time as SONAR through the same output pair of my Orion 32+. So not being able to run 2 ASIO apps at the same time is not universal. You can't however run 2 different ASIO interfaces at the same time AFAIK.
Anderton
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 18:17:07 (permalink)
Base 57
Not to be argumentative, but I can run Dim Pro and Rap session (ASIO) standalone at the same time as SONAR through the same output pair of my Orion 32+. So not being able to run 2 ASIO apps at the same time is not universal. You can't however run 2 different ASIO interfaces at the same time AFAIK.

Good to know...maybe I need to use an ASIO interface with more outputs, and assign the devices to separate ASIO outs.

tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 21:01:58 (permalink)
Base 57You can't however run 2 different ASIO interfaces at the same time AFAIK.

Well, you can if the device manufacturer's driver supports running more than one of their interfaces at a time, as e.g. RME's does. I'm a bit surprised more manufacturers don't issue multi-client ASIO/Core Audio drivers, it would probably help them sell more interfaces. There must be plenty of people who would like to be able to replace the rat's nest of wires more complex setups always tend to degrade into over time with shorter audio cables to a second interface and a USB/firewire/Thunderbolt cable back to the computer.

And if an interface supports ADAT you can always add more inputs/output that way of course.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
Base 57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 22:00:31 (permalink)
Like RME, Antelope drivers do allow two Orions to be connected to the same computer for 64 analog I/0. However I don't think we would be able to hook your RME and my Antelope to the same computer and use them at the same time with ASIO.

And yeah, the rat's nest (I call it the snake pit) is ridiculous. But I don't have to do much re-patching and I can track through my analog board so latency is irrelevant.

Sorry to get off topic. We need to get Adam's midi working right. Did you try the TTSSeq thing?
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/08/16 23:21:36 (permalink)
Anderton
Base 57

Good to know...maybe I need to use an ASIO interface with more outputs, and assign the devices to separate ASIO outs.

ASIO can share or pass multiple audio streams from different programs. A windows system just can't address multiple ASIO drivers.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/18 22:57:47 (permalink)
So I just built a brand new PC and bought a brand new Impact Nektar - COMPLETELY different interface from my AKAI MPK before....

STILL SAME ISSUE!   I have to reboot now in order to get it to work inside Sonar... yet it works in standalone softsynths.

Hmmm.. if it works in standalone softsynths, that eliminates OS and hardware....  what's left... SONAR!   What a joke.
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/18 23:26:48 (permalink)
Myself I think it might be the lack of a proper USB midi driver.
One thing I notice is some keyboard controllers come with an actual driver you install and other use some sort of Windows generic driver.. Sound familiar? Right, we would not want this for our audio interfaces.

Way up there in this thread I think it was Craig who asked the OP if they had tried using the DIN midi ports. That was never answered and I think was a good idea.  This would rule out USB weirdness. It would also require the controller to use your interfaces midi driver. 

I am forever acidentally unplugging my Roland A49 USB cable because it runs across my desk and gets in my way. Same with my Yamaha DX drum kit. The cables are not long enough to put out of my way. 
Way back in this thread the OP posted the notice you get when the cable is un plugged. Sonar seems to keep track of what is hooked up. I've never had either device not work. 
I just plug it back in and Sonar see's it and asks if I want to use it. done. 

My Roland keyboard came with a midi usb driver,, so did my Yamaha DX drum kit.

But here's the catch-- My Akai Synth Station 25 did not come with a driver and it does not work all the time. I have to re boot Sonar after plugging it in.   So that's my take on USB midi. Don't buy a controller that does not come with a proper driver written for it. It's going to have issues just like a USB mike that uses generic drivers for audio. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/18 23:39:46 (permalink)
If you are talking about removing the hidden devices here:  http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/solving-the-windows-midi-port-problem

well I did this already on both machines.   
AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/18 23:40:49 (permalink)
i have a demo version of Reason installed which can see my MIDI controller no problem... so not sure the device manager matters at this point. The problem is CLEARLY Sonar related.  It works in EVERY program besides Sonar until I reboot.

Sonar's underbelly still runs on code from the 90's so I'm not surprised.

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/19 00:26:30 (permalink)
AdamGrossmanLG
So I just built a brand new PC and bought a brand new Impact Nektar - COMPLETELY different interface from my AKAI MPK before....

STILL SAME ISSUE!   I have to reboot now in order to get it to work inside Sonar... yet it works in standalone softsynths.

Hmmm.. if it works in standalone softsynths, that eliminates OS and hardware....  what's left... SONAR!   What a joke.

AdamGrossmanLG
Sonar's underbelly still runs on code from the 90's so I'm not surprised.

Since this follows you from machine to machine and hardware device to device, there has to be something that is a constant in the formula for the issue to manifest. We can probably get to the bottom of this, but we need to rule possible contributors out logically. Without doing this we couldn't even begin to apply a code side fix.

1) You mention that you built your PC. Is there any add-on USB/Peripheral/Bluetooth Adapter devices that you have always used? It could be the most obscure inconsequential part.
2) Besides SONAR, has there been any synth or other software application always installed? Again, it could be the most innocuous utility, we just need to know the entire picture.
3) Are you migrating settings into SONAR or have backed up setup files you go to?
4) Are you  using your own templates?
5) What version(s) of Windows have you been using?
6) Other setup procedures you perform on new systems?

Have you tried toggling the settings TStroms mentions above? I read through the entire thread and you don't mention it. I'd recommend that they both be on.
Edit > Preferences > Project > Midi
'Zero Controllers When Play Stops'
'Transmit MIDI Start/Continue/Stop/Clock'

Best Regards,
Seth
Tim Flannagin
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/19 02:09:13 (permalink)
Anderton
Well in that case, I'm stumped. Any problems I've encountered in the past were solved by what I mentioned.

As it turns out, it's not all bad. I realized that you were describing a problem that was very similar to an issue I've been having with my Novation SL MkII. I had just assumed that the issue was related to Automap. As it turns out, the article you referenced on Harmony Central fixed my problem. This forum is an absolute gold mine. 

Dell Precision T5400, 2 Xeon E5420 CPUs, 32 GB ram, 1 X 750 GB HDD, 2 X 1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX750 , M-Audio 1010LT, Roland GR-55, Novation SL MKII 49 , Arturia MiniLab, Arturia Spark Creative Drum Controller, '77 Gibson Les Paul Artistan, Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ GK-3, Fender Stratocaster, Dean Exotica Acoustic, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Lifetime, Arturia  Synths galore!, Cakewalk Synths galore!, M-Audio BX-5a monitors, a couple of cheap mikes, a dubious quality desk, several shady characters hanging in the studio, etc....
thedukewestern
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/19 03:17:29 (permalink)
Actually - I get this also - and am looking for control panel - power options... but I dont see any of the advanced menu items shown here in the screenshot..?  

Be the first one who thinks that you can

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 64 bit - clean install January 2016, Focusrite Pro 40, Outboard Pres, Native Instruments Komplete, Izotope, PSP, Melodyne, Vegetarian
AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/25 03:09:49 (permalink)
I only have 1 device for my Impact LX49+ so nothing for me to do here, oh and I am able to load up any standalone softsynth and it plays using my keyboard just fine.  Just not Sonar (yet the problem can't be Sonar, Sonar simply is never broken).

Anderton
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/25 05:28:37 (permalink)
AdamGrossmanLG
I only have 1 device for my Impact LX49+ so nothing for me to do here, oh and I am able to load up any standalone softsynth and it plays using my keyboard just fine.  Just not Sonar (yet the problem can't be Sonar, Sonar simply is never broken).

I believe your time would be spent more productively trying out Seth's suggestions (and answering his questions), as well as testing with 5-pin DIN plugs, than mischaracterizing what those trying to help you are saying.

By your logic, if you're the only one experiencing this particular problem, then the problem must be you.

AdamGrossmanLG
Re: Long Running MIDI Input Issues With Sonar 2017/10/25 13:34:22 (permalink)
To answer Seth: 

1) You mention that you built your PC. Is there any add-on USB/Peripheral/Bluetooth Adapter devices that you have alwaysused? It could be the most obscure inconsequential part.  

No. Direct USB into the motherboard

2) Besides SONAR, has there been any synth or other software application always installed? Again, it could be the most innocuous utility, we just need to know the entire picture.

No.  This problem happens the minute opening Sonar.  No softsynths loaded yet and no special MIDI apps running.

3) Are you migrating settings into SONAR or have backed up setup files you go to?

No.  Fresh install of the OS and Cakewalk software.

4) Are you  using your own templates?

I do, but this also happens when starting a blank project

5) What version(s) of Windows have you been using?

Windows 10 Home 64bit

6) Other setup procedures you perform on new systems?

Nothing out of the ordinary.  Install Windows, install Sonar, install VSTs, etc...

Have you tried toggling the settings TStroms mentions above? I read through the entire thread and you don't mention it. I'd recommend that they both be on.
Edit > Preferences > Project > Midi
'Zero Controllers When Play Stops'
'Transmit MIDI Start/Continue/Stop/Clock'

the first setting for 'zero controllers' is not relevant.   I can just load up a MIDI track and no softsynth and it still doesnt  work.  Input is not seen in the activity bar of the track which indicates MIDI data being received.   
"Transmit MIDI Start/Cont/Clock" is disabled - but I didn't change that... it has always been disabled.

I will tell you what works though.  Simply going to Device Manager and "uninstalling" the MIDI controller and then doing a "Scan for new hardware changes" then restarting Sonar.   However, like I said earlier - all my other standalone synths are able to see my MIDI keyboard just fine when this problem happens, just not Sonar.  

Is Sonar using some sort of MIDI port caching instead of detecting which port to use each time?  Seems to be something like this.   
How can it be that EVERY OTHER PIECE OF SOFTWARE can be played using my MIDI controller and just SONAR cant until I do this Device Manager trick (or reboot)?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1