AnsweredMore crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! [Solved]

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
musicjohnnie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 227
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/15 14:00:21 (permalink)
Good day all,
Don't know if  this will help. I had a 'incident' of sluggishness a few days ago. I normally disable the Internet via device manager so win is unable to automatic update. There was a small one last tuesday. I closed down everything and went to system to update win 10. Took awhile, I  think that I  may have missed other updates also. When finished, Sonar loaded with no problems, and is working good. I feel Cake is working close with Microsoft to keep product good. Could just be me, but system back to normal. Every update from win closes my mouse/keyboard and I have to re-input devices. Haven't  lost my M-audio 1010lt drivers yet,.....but I'm  waiting.
MJ

Dell XPS 9100 Studio
I7 930.....16G ram
Win 10 anniv.(now back to win 7)
Sonar Platinum (lifer)
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/15 16:32:44 (permalink)
Update on my situation...a few days ago, I reported that downloading the latest version of SONAR solved a similar problem, but last night I had a spate of dropouts that made working with SONAR unuseable. I noticed there was a lot of background hard drive activity. I turned off the network adapter to disable the internet, and everything was back to normal. I can't help but wonder if this relates to Windows updates.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
ClarkPlaysGuitar
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/15 19:22:37 (permalink)
I've been following this thread & a couple other regarding similar issues due to Sonar Platinum doing some strange things for me, as well. After getting the 2017.08 update I have been getting these annoying, loud buzzes when I hit the "play" button. The "audio dropout" alert pops ups, nothing plays, but I get a very loud buzz until I hit the "play" button again. The buzz sounds almost like a very aggressive sawtooth synth sound at a low F#, but it is definitely not that.

This may happen once during a day-long session of recording, editing & mixing, or it may happen 10 times during a half-hour of just reviewing an earlier session. Completely random. It will happen on a project with 3 recorded tracks & one reverb plugin, or not, then on a project with a ton of tracks, synths, plugins, etc - or not.

Earlier this year I bought a Creation Station from Sweetwater, and it is used only for Sonar. They did a great job of pre-configuring Windows 10, and I religiously disable internet, virus scans, etc, when I record, edit & mix. I will enable the internet when I need to update Sonar or download new drivers for the Focusrite Scarlet, etc, but the only thing I have updated lately is Sonar. Prior to the 2017.08 update this issue never happened, even once. I'm wondering if Windows sneaked an update in during a Sonar update, and if combined with something in the 2017.08 update this problem manifested.

I'll probably do the 2017.09 update today, maybe that will help. If not, I'll revisit the suggestions in this thread & see if any of them help. Thanks, everybody, for all the good info you all share!

Clark
SONAR Platinum, Win10 x64, i5 quad-core, 16GB RAM,  Focusrite Scarlet 18i20g2, other stuff too boring to list (cheap tube pre, mid-range mics, etc)
Leee
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/15 23:48:56 (permalink)
pwalpwal
have you tried disabling the onboard audio ("high definition audio device" in your screenshot) in the BIOS? windows won't even know it's there then, and so won't load any drivers for it

This is the first thing I did this morning (well, after my normal morning routines that are quite irrelevant to this situation )  and after disabling the onboard audio in the bios, some of the drivers do reappear in the audio playback tab, but they are all listed as "disconnected".  I then proceeded to do several stress tests in Sonar, which included playing and recording with Ozone 8 inserted in the master bus, and rendering large projects in the regular (not fast) mode. So far not a single click, pop, audio engine stop, or crash.  Projects were set at 24 bit/48,000 with ASIO buffer set at 512 (no latency when recording)
Keeping my fingers crossed, I'm hopeful that this fixed the problem once and for all.

Thanks again for all the advice, I'll keep you updated if there are any further issues.

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
Leee
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 07:51:30 (permalink)
For those of you following this thread because of similar issues, I've also found other Windows settings that will help reduce unnecessary memory and CPU usage. 

First is the Task Manager.  Using the Processes, Startup, and Services tabs you can find out and disable unnecessary processes.

And the second location is the Computer Management window. (see image below).  I discovered a dozen or so services that are running that don't need to be.  You can right click on each service and tell it when to start (automatic, automatic delayed, manual, etc).  You can also shut down a running process after you change it to "manual".  So it will only start when you use the app that requires that service.  For example there were a few Adobe services running that I absolutely don't need, unless I'm running Photoshop.  And even then some of these services still don't need to be running.
(you can right click on the image below, then select "View Image" to enlarge it.)

Lee Shapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
GjB
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 197
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 08:13:53 (permalink)
musicjohnnie
... I normally disable the Internet via device manager so win is unable to automatic update. There was a small one last Tuesday.

Microsoft typically release updates on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, so that makes sense.
(aka. `Patch Tuesday')

The Computer Mouse (web)
Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Focusrite 2i4 (Gen 1), i7-3770K, NH-D14, 32 Gigs, GTX 970, SSDs and HD, Sony MDR-7506, M-Audio Code 61. Easy-install guide
Audioicon
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 15:46:14 (permalink)
Leee
first thing I did this morning (well, after my normal morning routines that are quite irrelevant to this situation )

Classic: 

Joe_A
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 458
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 16:01:45 (permalink)
Anderton
I had the same thing happen to a lesser degree after the Windows update of a couple days ago. I installed the latest Sonar version, and all was well. I hope the fix is equally simple for you!

I did the Windows update Sunday then the Splat update...I haven't really worked on any rec projects....so I hope things are steady. I've been leery of the last few Windows updates, not doing the Creator but the update done on Sunday included it.
I've open, closed Splat only.....
Splat has been rock steady for me on Windows 10 laptop since I put it on laptop / use focusrite USB 18i20 2nd gen / no more desktop Sonar.

I put it on laptop when I upgraded to Focusrite AI, and things have been great. Been real happy.

Now Anderton has me worried...😑.
I have a church meeting tonight, no real time to test until tomorrow...we'll see. I'm normally an optimist..

jambrose@cfl.rr.com  Sonar Plat. Lifetime. Started in Sonar 4, each through 8.5.3PE.
Scarlett 18i202nd gen., Edirol FA-101, M-Audio Firewire 410, AMD Phenom II 1045T six core processor, 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, dual displays, 1.5 TB SATA HD, USB 2, Firewire 1394A, 1394B, 18/22 mixer, EV Q-66, Yamaha HS50M monitors, few guitars, Fender Cybertwin SE, Fender Cyber foot controller, Boss RC20-XL, misc pedals, etc. Win Home Prem 64 bit.
Joe_A
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 458
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 16:02:56 (permalink)
Leee
pwalpwal
have you tried disabling the onboard audio ("high definition audio device" in your screenshot) in the BIOS? windows won't even know it's there then, and so won't load any drivers for it

This is the first thing I did this morning (well, after my normal morning routines that are quite irrelevant to this situation )  and after disabling the onboard audio in the bios, some of the drivers do reappear in the audio playback tab, but they are all listed as "disconnected".  I then proceeded to do several stress tests in Sonar, which included playing and recording with Ozone 8 inserted in the master bus, and rendering large projects in the regular (not fast) mode. So far not a single click, pop, audio engine stop, or crash.  Projects were set at 24 bit/48,000 with ASIO buffer set at 512 (no latency when recording)
Keeping my fingers crossed, I'm hopeful that this fixed the problem once and for all.

Thanks again for all the advice, I'll keep you updated if there are any further issues.

Hey that's great news!!!!

jambrose@cfl.rr.com  Sonar Plat. Lifetime. Started in Sonar 4, each through 8.5.3PE.
Scarlett 18i202nd gen., Edirol FA-101, M-Audio Firewire 410, AMD Phenom II 1045T six core processor, 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, dual displays, 1.5 TB SATA HD, USB 2, Firewire 1394A, 1394B, 18/22 mixer, EV Q-66, Yamaha HS50M monitors, few guitars, Fender Cybertwin SE, Fender Cyber foot controller, Boss RC20-XL, misc pedals, etc. Win Home Prem 64 bit.
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 16:28:19 (permalink)
I'm following this thread too as I've been having crashes randomly all of a sudden,, Never had them before or if I did it was rare. Now it's once a day if I do longer sessions,, Short sessions no problem.. 

What seems to work for me is defiantly disable the network adaptor. 
Because I keep my DAW offline I've not had the problem of drivers being re installed yet, but when ever I do enable the network and update Sonar, afterwards this is when I have issues.W10 undoes all my optimizing and re sets defaults I did'nt want. So I won't blame the Sonar updates as this cannot be the problem otherwise the forum would be crazy with posts.

My feelings are that W10 has been a bad deal overall for a DAW friendly OS. I never, never have issues with my W7 laptop,,, and I actually often forget to turn off the Wi Fi. 
I also had no problems back when I first built the computer and bought W 8.1. 

It's W 10 mindless quest to control what it thinks is important. 

I still have my W 8.1 disk and I'm am hugely tempted! 

If Cakewalk want to make a smooth ride for us, They should keep a sticky at the top with a running list of problems we can expect after a windows update. And a updated list of optimizing chores would be handy too. The internet is flooded with bad ideas and it would be nice to have list of optimizations that are right up to date and actually important. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

pgw
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 705
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 17:54:40 (permalink)
I hardly had any problems in Windows or Sonar (Sonar user since XL) before November 2016 when suddenly Sonar felt sluggish.
After a lot of hair-tearing I came to the conclusion that MS Win10 (home) autoupdates had added a couple of synchronization services for use with "connected devices" (which I have none), so I turned those off and it was smooth sailing again - for a while ...
It´s been a couple of road bumps after that.
My impression is that quality control before releasing Win10-updates has way lower priority to MS than it used to.

Another observation is that after updating to Creators Update processes went from a slightly tweaked 53 to 108 when in idle - and a lot of them can´t be set to deactivated or manual through the control panel services applet or Sysinternals autoruns.
I turned a couple of those services off by modifying the registry, which I don´t recommend unless you´re desperate like me or actually know what you´re doing, and everything works normal - I still have 80+ processes running in idle though.
I searched for the suspected (i.e. it seemed to unnecessarily use CPU when the computer is in idle) service´s name in the registry and changed start type from "2" (non customizable autostart) to "4"(deactivated) - there´s more info available if you do a google search for specific MS-services.

I use O&O Shutup to stop MS autoupdates + privacy control, easy to use & seems to work perfectly so far.
For tweaking tips I rely on Tweakhound dot com and Blackviper dot com - lots of info available there.

Also, Logitech Gaming Software (keyboards/mice-drivers + settings etc.) added a service called "Discord" that used 15% CPU in seemingly random bursts.
Nvidia drivers have added 3 telemetry services that I turned off.

I hope the professionals and companies like CW can persuade MS to change their "forced updates"-policy, regular users shouldn´t have to mess with their own property just because some guy at MS thinks he has written a cool program or whatever - we pay for a working product.
Maybe there´s a way for CW to sell Windows LTSB through the store to registered CW-users?

Boy, do I wish I had stayed on Win8, I loved that OS .....

Windows 10 (LTSB) - i7 8700 - ASUS GTX1060 -16 GB Corsair Vengeance - Samsung SSD´s - Seagate HD´s - RME FF400 - & too many geetars & amps
riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 19:16:13 (permalink)
Back to the HDMI audio HD driver that you (and I) don't want: yes, I've experienced this and I think the only way to stop it being reinstalled by Windows updates each time after you think you've disabled it, is to turn it off in the BIOS.  You mentioned you were going to try that.  Did you?

Also, after you showed the two results from the Latency Monitor early in this thread, you asked if the "red" one was sufficient to cause audio glitches.  I didn't see an explicit answer, but that answer is Yes.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
pgw
  • Total Posts : 705
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 19:49:38 (permalink)
Riojazz: The HDMI-driver, if you have a Nvidia card you can try turning digital sound off in the Nvidia control panel.
As far as turning off sound devices in BIOS, Windows still finds them from Windows 7 onwards (at least on my computers), but you can turn them off in the device manager.

Edit: I also turned off Windows HD-audio driver (HDAudio.sys) in Sysinternals autoruns, this is not needed for an external soundcard like RME.

Windows 10 (LTSB) - i7 8700 - ASUS GTX1060 -16 GB Corsair Vengeance - Samsung SSD´s - Seagate HD´s - RME FF400 - & too many geetars & amps
Stfritz84
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 19:55:12 (permalink)
I am also experiencing crashes with the latest update. Not sure if the issue is with windows or sonar. At first I thought it was a plugin acting up, but deleted the suspected plugin, and am still having to do quite a few project recoveries. I assume if we submit the crash reports, sonar is aware of the issue, or is their something else we should be doing?
I also plan to see if there are any unused audio devices that I can disable as mentioned.
Leee
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 23:10:32 (permalink)
riojazz
Back to the HDMI audio HD driver that you (and I) don't want: yes, I've experienced this and I think the only way to stop it being reinstalled by Windows updates each time after you think you've disabled it, is to turn it off in the BIOS.  You mentioned you were going to try that.  Did you?

Also, after you showed the two results from the Latency Monitor early in this thread, you asked if the "red" one was sufficient to cause audio glitches.  I didn't see an explicit answer, but that answer is Yes.

Yes I did turn that off in the BIOS.  But some of the HD audio drivers did return to the playback tab in the Sound Window.  But they are all listed as "Not Plugged In". and the one HD driver that showed up as enabled, did not return.  So I think that solved that part of the problem.

Lee Shapiro

Leee
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/16 23:15:57 (permalink)
Another thing that I found very useful, is instead of disabling the Ethernet Network adapter, I changed the Windows update setting from Automatic to informing me when a download is pending.  It will not only let me choose exactly when I want to install a Windows update, but it will also tell me what the update is for.
This way I don't have to keep turning on and off the Internet connection every time I use Sonar.

Lee Shapiro

jonnewyork
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 263
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 02:35:25 (permalink)
Leee

And it couldn't have come at a worse time, I was just preparing to launch a local advertising campaign for my recording studio/producer work.  I can't have clients coming over to a DAW that keeps crashing. 
And this is the worst kind of problem, it's intermittent and occurs over various configurations.

And I thought it was bad when, working alone, I'd have to stop working, unexpectedly, killing my workflow and the vibe and make me troubleshoot for an hour, chasing down false leads and jumping through hoops.

Cheers,
 Jon

Win 7 Pro
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz, 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
64 bit op sys
Lynx Aurora 16 ADC w/ AES16e card

Leee
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 02:47:46 (permalink)
jonnewyork
Leee

And it couldn't have come at a worse time, I was just preparing to launch a local advertising campaign for my recording studio/producer work.  I can't have clients coming over to a DAW that keeps crashing. 
And this is the worst kind of problem, it's intermittent and occurs over various configurations.

And I thought it was bad when, working alone, I'd have to stop working, unexpectedly, killing my workflow and the vibe and make me troubleshoot for an hour, chasing down false leads and jumping through hoops.

LOL!  Yeah, I guess there is no good time for crashes or errors.  It's a hassle if you're working on your own project, and just plain embarrassing if it happens in front of a client....not to mention any potential money loss because of it.
But, after I disabled those HD audio drivers, I haven't had any issues. 

Lee Shapiro

jonnewyork
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 02:59:16 (permalink)
That might be the solution in my case also.
We'll see what happens.

Cheers,
 Jon

Win 7 Pro
16 GB RAM
64 bit op sys

Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1117
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 20:46:47 (permalink)
Please send us the minidumps for any crashes.
I'll post how to find those if needed.

Keith
Leee
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 22:33:17 (permalink)

I used to send those, but they seemed to have been sent into a black hole.  Never receiving any follow-ups on them, I just figured they got sent to some file, never to be seen or heard from again. 

But if this happens again, I will make a point of sending the minidump report to Cakewalk.  However in this particular case, many times I just get the "Audio Engine has stopped", without Sonar actually crashing.  

Lee Shapiro

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 22:36:16 (permalink)
Leee

I used to send those, but they seemed to have been sent into a black hole.  Never receiving any follow-ups on them, I just figured they got sent to some file, never to be seen or heard from again. 

But if this happens again, I will make a point of sending the minidump report to Cakewalk.  However in this particular case, many times I just get the "Audio Engine has stopped", without Sonar actually crashing.  

The automated fault reporter goes into an automatic parsing system. Unless someone points it out, it'll only be looked at via a machine. It's still super important to send them in when you can.

Best Regards,
Seth
LLyons
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 574
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 22:44:28 (permalink)
I am experiencing the dropout phenomena too.  Just the 'audio engine has stopped', no crashes.   Its happening with both MOTU and Presonus hardware,  

I've run the latency monitor - and it shows a fast system - even when the dropout occurred, latency monitor did not peak in any of the segments .. I turned off all other audio drivers..  I also shut down the wireless internet connection. Ive been watching the thread performance in the bar at the top of the screen.  At no time do any of the 8 segments go past 15% or so.   

I did update to 2017 9  a few days ago, but the error didn't pop up the entire evening after.  Only the following day.

I also started getting little pops in the recorded wave file about 5 weeks ago maybe.   If I reboot - it stops.  It seemed to be happening near a WUP sequence (get\test\post) and when I reboot, it goes away. 

Strange - last night I had at least 20 dropouts.  

L Lyons 
DOS and Windows Pro Audio 2-9 from 12 Tone, Sonar 2, 2XL, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8.5, Producer, Producer Expanded, X1 Producer, X2 Producer, X3 Producer and now Sonar Platinum 64 bit - 2nd year
Home Built Machine
32G Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 
Win 10 Pro
Intel i7-6700K
Gigabyte Z170-UD5 Thunderbolt3 - AVB ready
Planar Hellium 27 touchscreen
Limited connection to internet
DAW use ONLY
WAVES 9.2 64 Bit 
MOTU 1248 - Connect Thunderbolt
MOTU AVB Switch
Presonus RM32ai - Connect firewire 800
CS18ai - Connect AVB
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/20 23:28:03 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Leee

The automated fault reporter goes into an automatic parsing system. Unless someone points it out, it'll only be looked at via a machine. It's still super important to send them in when you can.

So your saying the automatic reporting will not be brought to anyones attention? Are we to e mail cakewalk ? this is now not clear to me,, I always leave my DAW offline, but because of the crashes I was leaving it on line just so the dumps would be sent in. But the few times it happened a busy wheel would just spin as it was submitting for about 10 minutes and I'd give up. So I've returned to being off line and just hoping it will all go away magical with the next update. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/21 03:42:54 (permalink)
Cactus Music
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Leee

So your saying the automatic reporting will not be brought to anyones attention? Are we to e mail cakewalk ? this is now not clear to me,, I always leave my DAW offline, but because of the crashes I was leaving it on line just so the dumps would be sent in. But the few times it happened a busy wheel would just spin as it was submitting for about 10 minutes and I'd give up. So I've returned to being off line and just hoping it will all go away magical with the next update. 

It would be humanly impossible to go through each and every automatic fault report that comes in. Instead our server parses the crash report data into a more manageable format. That way we can have a larger overall view of the products health and can focus development effectively. Please send the automatic reports when you can and have analytics on. We can't fix issues we don't know about. Crash dumps can be large, so upload times can impact responsiveness of the utility.

If you have a repeatable and consistent crash recipe, please post it in the problem reports subforum. QA can then verify and get it into the roadmap.

Best Regards,
Seth
jonnewyork
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/21 04:21:28 (permalink)
LLyons
I am experiencing the dropout phenomena too.  Just the 'audio engine has stopped', no crashes.   Its happening with both MOTU and Presonus hardware,  

I've run the latency monitor - and it shows a fast system - even when the dropout occurred, latency monitor did not peak in any of the segments .. I turned off all other audio drivers..  I also shut down the wireless internet connection. Ive been watching the thread performance in the bar at the top of the screen.  At no time do any of the 8 segments go past 15% or so.   

I did update to 2017 9  a few days ago, but the error didn't pop up the entire evening after.  Only the following day.

I also started getting little pops in the recorded wave file about 5 weeks ago maybe.   If I reboot - it stops.  It seemed to be happening near a WUP sequence (get\test\post) and when I reboot, it goes away. 

The OP has clients coming in.

Dropouts are unacceptable, as are crashes. A stable platform is of fundamental importance.

The last few times I tried to send crash dump info to Cakewalk, the send tool failed mid-send.
When that happens, the recommendation is that you have to go into DOS and enter a string of command code...

Please can we not go there? Can you boffins fix that? We in production are usually wearing one hat too many as it is, and I don't want to find out the hard way where a typo in a command line argument leads.

Cheers,
 Jon

Win 7 Pro
16 GB RAM
64 bit op sys

drummaman
  • Total Posts : 738
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/30 17:52:52 (permalink)
Seth - " Kontakt Issues and Sonar Platinum Engine Issues " was submitted.
There are at least a half dozen dump files included.

Leee -
I'm convinced it's Windows 10. And it's been getting worse.
...and I also have clients watching the system crash during mix sessions. Not pretty.

My question for those of you recommending turning off your network adapter -
I have an iLok that needs to check-in with the Pace mothership...
What's the work-around for that??!

And how do you stop apps and Windows from banging on the down network connection?
...even though your adapter is off, there is still software that will look for it. (Windows 10 being the biggest culprit, no doubt.)

Sign me "Feeling Your Pain".

Sonar Platinum (x64) on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) running on ADK Pro Audio i7 (12-core), 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD(OS), (2) 2TB drives/(1) 1TB drive for storage, (1) WD Raptor 1TB Audio Drive, (1) UAD-2 OCTO, (2) UAD-2 QUAD, Lynx Aurora 16/AES16
lgmab
  • Total Posts : 93
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/31 01:08:18 (permalink)
LLyons

Sonar Platinum
HP Envy Laptop 16GB RAM i7-4710 Windows 10
Motu 16A
Sweat and Tears with occasional profanities!

lgmab
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/31 01:12:57 (permalink)
I am experiencing the exact same problem! It has been most frustrating. I have been in touch with MOTU thinking that my 16a is the problem. It was only after I reinstalled all motu hardware an des then even tried a roland sound card that I began to point a finger at Sonar....it has been ultra frustrating and like others, I am sure that my many CS request are lost in the void.
If anyone has any idea as to how we can work around this, please let us know. I also thoroughly spec'd the configure files , thinking that perhaps some magical single parameter mod would bring me back to drop out free performance...no such luck. I was even thinking of a re I stall for sonar buy stopped short of this as it's always a problem. Since others are experiencing frequent and unprovoked dropouts, I would suggest that Cakewalk look into this as a priority...we can't work. :(

Sonar Platinum
Motu 16A

lgmab
Re: More crashes in the last few days than in the past 5 years! 2017/10/31 01:15:17 (permalink)
Hello Lyons, I too ran the latency monitor, I get yellow bars with an average of 1000micro seconds, I occasionally get a green stream as well. I have an ho laptop with i7 2.5ghz 16gb ram. What are your specs?

Sonar Platinum
Motu 16A

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1