Helpful ReplyPlease read before you purchase SONAR

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 6 of 9
Author
LittleWiggler
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/08 04:22:30 (permalink)
I am still waiting for Tech Support to sync my accounts.  I sent an email over a week ago through official channels, but no response, nor any activity on my account.  I have been a long time customer (since Cakewalk 3 Dos), but since the new purchase requires a SSO login and I used two different accounts (one for the store, and one for the forums), it appears that any purchases made under my 'other' account are not showing up....

John
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/10 09:22:08 (permalink)
LittleWiggler
I am still waiting for Tech Support to sync my accounts.  I sent an email over a week ago through official channels, but no response, nor any activity on my account.  I have been a long time customer (since Cakewalk 3 Dos), but since the new purchase requires a SSO login and I used two different accounts (one for the store, and one for the forums), it appears that any purchases made under my 'other' account are not showing up....

John

I am curious why you did not call tech support on this. I called and talked to someone after waiting only a few minutes. The techs may not be able to handle account merges, but they can route you over to someone who can.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 08:01:25 (permalink)
OK I have a question.....

I have Sonar Producer 8.5, X1, X2 and X3....
If I uninstall all of these and start with a fresh install of Platinum will it work as an upgrade?

The reason I want to do this is because I am having sooo many difficulties with these old ones that I cannot play one project completely before the audio engine stops and I get that very annoying buzz sound. Also Rapture and Dim Pro love to turn themselves off during any project I have them in......so I thought that if I was to uninstall completely and start with a new and fresh program it may solve my issues....

By the way I have another DAW (Reap**r) and there are NO issues with that program......But I started in Sonar and I love all the features of Sonar and Sonar just feels like home to me....

Thanks for any help
Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 08:07:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Truckermusic 2015/02/12 08:22:43
Truckermusic 
I have Sonar Producer 8.5, X1, X2 and X3....
If I uninstall all of these and start with a fresh install of Platinum will it work as an upgrade?

Yes, it'll work just fine.  The upgrade checking is done at point of sale/registration based on your previous purchases.  There is no requirement for previous versions to be installed.

Be aware that any content that has been dropped in new versions (V-Vocal as an example) will have to be installed separately from your original disks/downloads if you need to keep using it.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Truckermusic
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 08:22:38 (permalink)
Karyn
Thanks..

Well inserting used plugs do not bother me as much as the audio engine stopping.....so it will just have to be ok...

Thanks
Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Unibrain Firewire Card
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 09:10:06 (permalink)
I would not be so sure that upgrading to Platinum will solve problems you've had with previous versions of Sonar. Although these old versions reside on your hard drive they are not influencing any current version when you run Sonar. The problems you have sound like that are related to settings you have for your sound card. Also, a big reason for the drop out problem where the engine stops can be activity from background programs that run while you are in Sonar. Reaper might not be a problem because it does not stress your resources as much as Sonar might. I would seriously look at what is running in the background especially things that use the internet or virus scanning, etc.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Truckermusic
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 12:54:34 (permalink)
lludwick
I would not be so sure that upgrading to Platinum will solve problems you've had with previous versions of Sonar. Although these old versions reside on your hard drive they are not influencing any current version when you run Sonar. The problems you have sound like that are related to settings you have for your sound card. Also, a big reason for the drop out problem where the engine stops can be activity from background programs that run while you are in Sonar. Reaper might not be a problem because it does not stress your resources as much as Sonar might. I would seriously look at what is running in the background especially things that use the internet or virus scanning, etc.

I do not have this computer connected to the internet, Therefore no virus software, no scanning go on and no background programs running.....made sure of that when I built it.
Boot up programs are at a bare minimum. Just what it needs to boot and nothing else.
It is not overclocked and there are NO GAMES on it or even played on it.
It is strictly and only a Music DAW Computer.
Also I never said that these older versions were influencing any current version.....I just said that I have them......nothing more.

So, nice thought and I thank you for them.....but I am ahead of you on this one....
Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Unibrain Firewire Card
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 12:58:42 (permalink)
I would recommend posting another thread in the Sonar forum if you haven't already.  There are a lot of knowledgeable people who can help get you running smoothly.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 13:23:00 (permalink)
Truckermusic
lludwick

I do not have this computer connected to the internet, Therefore no virus software, no scanning go on and no background programs running.....made sure of that when I built it.
Boot up programs are at a bare minimum. Just what it needs to boot and nothing else.
Also I never said that these older versions were influencing any current version.....I just said that I have them......nothing more.

So, nice thought and I thank you for them.....but I am ahead of you on this one....
Clifford

Have you ever updated your Windows on the program. Programs get updated and are made better as time goes on.
Truckermusic
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/12 16:33:11 (permalink)
cowboydan
Truckermusic
lludwick

Clifford

Have you ever updated your Windows on the program. Programs get updated and are made better as time goes on.

Yes I do.....I have a regular maintenance schedule I follow....which includes updates....thanks.

16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Unibrain Firewire Card
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
twanghang
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/13 20:37:25 (permalink)
First time DAW user of any kind. My Sonar Platinum arrived from Sweetwater today. I signed up for a Command Center account and chose the option to use my forum logon info. I have the card from the Sonar box with the activation code, but the Command Center says "You don't have any products" and neither Cakewalk nor Sweetwater provided a serial number. Help a newb out - what's my next move? Thanks
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/13 20:45:35 (permalink)
Use the code on the card to redeem your product here https://www.cakewalk.com/Redeem. Once redeemed, the product should appear in the Command Center.
twanghang
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/13 21:07:25 (permalink)
Thanks, Scook -
I'd followed the instructions, in sequence, on the card, but didn't realize I had to go back to the Redeem page again. Cakewalk wasn't so clear about that. Big ups for the help. It's downloading now.

Windows 8.1 (64) ASUS A88X-pro, AMD A10 7850K 4.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 250G SSD, 2TB HD (Libraries), 2TB HD (Audio), Sonar Platinum, Steinberg UR44, Komplete 10, IK Multimedia T-Racks 3 Deluxe
Jason Gray
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 243
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/14 17:06:31 (permalink)
Okay Quite a Head ache this new system , the command centre will not show my x3 installations so I have decided to install x3 again, then If it shows up, although I don't understand why it has not first time and all my serials etc have transferred over to my new (SSO) account  ? or do I have to transfer my serials manually some way the first time round ?

Okay so once I have sorted this above, I have been to a page that says upgrade although its a bit sparse on what is what, but I see two options, one for the monthly and  I deleted that option and it leaves me with £114 UK price , is this correct as I wish to upgrade to premium from x3 producer expanded, Its all quite scary this, and no way can I have my account charged for the full new price as mentioned by the user above, as I will get charged on that amount etc as I don't have it in my account that would be over my overdraft limit.

Surely their is a simple step by step just to upgrade without all this uncertainty and scariness and overkill can anybody direct me to how to do this, I have not been around for a while and I only just seen this new release or am I best waiting, has it not officially been released ? what do I do ? this is mental .

Cheers 

How to setup drum maps the easy way
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz8iPy9mIkNyX2dTcXRzSEVSUlNscXdETTROZTIyZw
Sonar X3 with Addictive Drums - everything you need (Templates, Maps etc. ) 
http://ge.tt/4mjHdSt/v/0

sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/14 17:27:58 (permalink)
Subjacent
Okay Quite a Head ache this new system , the command centre will not show my x3 installations so I have decided to install x3 again, then If it shows up, although I don't understand why it has not first time and all my serials etc have transferred over to my new (SSO) account  ? or do I have to transfer my serials manually some way the first time round ?

Okay so once I have sorted this above, I have been to a page that says upgrade although its a bit sparse on what is what, but I see two options, one for the monthly and  I deleted that option and it leaves me with £114 UK price , is this correct as I wish to upgrade to premium from x3 producer expanded, Its all quite scary this, and no way can I have my account charged for the full new price as mentioned by the user above, as I will get charged on that amount etc as I don't have it in my account that would be over my overdraft limit.

Surely their is a simple step by step just to upgrade without all this uncertainty and scariness and overkill can anybody direct me to how to do this, I have not been around for a while and I only just seen this new release or am I best waiting, has it not officially been released ? what do I do ? this is mental .

Cheers 

X3 is not "connected" in Command Center, but your x3 serial numbers are still registered with your account.
So when you upgrade you are given a new upgrade code, once redeemed, the new Sonar will show up.

As far as the UK price, I'm not sure about the exchange rate etc.

It is somewhat more simple than it first appears.

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
Jason Gray
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/14 17:41:20 (permalink)
Normally the way "It is somewhat more simple than it first appears"
Thanks Sylent, I think I Get it from what you say.

sylent
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/14 21:17:35 (permalink)
Also I should have mentioned, if you have purchased addons from Cakewalk for X3 or before, they will appear in your new online account, but not in Command Center... and they can still be installed separately if needed.

Good luck!

Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
Jason Gray
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/15 05:22:49 (permalink)
sylent
Also I should have mentioned, if you have purchased addons from Cakewalk for X3 or before, they will appear in your new online account, but not in Command Center... and they can still be installed separately if needed.

Good luck!

Thanks

pwboogie
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/02/26 13:03:14 (permalink)
I am having to rebuild my recording system and have been using SONAR LE on a Vista machine. I have many .cwp projects and I am looking at SONAR Artist on a quad core Win 8.1 machine. I am aware of the system requirements for Artist, but will it open and allow working with my former .cwp project files and the audio files saved in LE, if they are imported to the new computer? If so, how should I re-load the former projects and audio from LE onto the new computer?
Tks, Larry Robertson,
balky
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/07 07:26:51 (permalink)
I am looking for an update / upgrade for my Sonar 6 LE...
I can't seem to find any information on how to purchase a newer version...
I don't need the fully blown expensive / professional version as I am planning to use only for digitizing my vinyl
The current Sonar 6 LE which I have seems to do the job pretty well, but I am curious if there is a newer version that can do a bit more like removing pops and clicks, normalization, silence removal and track labelling... etc...
Many thanks in advance  
Knuckle47
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/08 22:55:12 (permalink)
Very glad to actually follow the recommendation to read before purchasing SONAR. I read several music forums on line where the users just rip other users apart with absurd statements like ..read the f manual...or comment on how stupid a question is...etc etc.

The last six pages I've read seemed like everyone actually enjoys the forum and the product. I'd started back in the 1990's with Cakewalk. In fact, I know I it was installed from 3.5" floppy discs and possibly 5.25. During the learning curve I wound up jumping into Cubase 2.0 and have upgraded routinely for the last 12 years.

Recently one of the users mentioned SONAR. So I'm checking it out. Being a hobby guitarist with 51 years of playing having passed, I'm no recording engineer and just enjoying putting down tracks to leave behind for posterity. Any issues having the two run on the same computer and if I install SONAR on its own hot swap SSD...would it be a benefit in isolating it from Cubase?
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/09 08:27:05 (permalink)

Knuckle47
Very glad to actually follow the recommendation to read before purchasing SONAR. I read several music forums on line where the users just rip other users apart with absurd statements like ..read the f manual...or comment on how stupid a question is...etc etc.

The last six pages I've read seemed like everyone actually enjoys the forum and the product. I'd started back in the 1990's with Cakewalk. In fact, I know I it was installed from 3.5" floppy discs and possibly 5.25. During the learning curve I wound up jumping into Cubase 2.0 and have upgraded routinely for the last 12 years.

Recently one of the users mentioned SONAR. So I'm checking it out. Being a hobby guitarist with 51 years of playing having passed, I'm no recording engineer and just enjoying putting down tracks to leave behind for posterity. Any issues having the two run on the same computer and if I install SONAR on its own hot swap SSD...would it be a benefit in isolating it from Cubase?

I can't imagine why Sonar and Cubase would interfere with each other just because they were on the same drive unless you were going to try and run them both at the same time. Just make sure you setup a common VST plugins folder so you know where all your plugins are, you should be fine.

Having said all that, Cubase and Sonar workflows are very different, so be prepared to spend some time with Sonar before you decide whether you like it or not.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
bz2838
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 366
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/09 09:57:07 (permalink)
I have both Sonar and Cubase installed on the same drive, both work great here.

Purrrfect Audio:  Intel i7 7700k (Kabylake), 32Gig DDR4/2133, Windows 10x64 Pro, USB RME Babyface, Sonar Platinum Current
Knuckle47
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/09 16:17:33 (permalink)
Good to know bz2838. 

Dan, thanks for the reply.  I am actually hoping the workflow is different.  It took me YEARS to get to the point that I can record something with reasonable quality and precision...Not Perfect..just reasonable
sylent
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/09 16:57:47 (permalink)
Knuckle47
Good to know bz2838. 

Dan, thanks for the reply.  I am actually hoping the workflow is different.  It took me YEARS to get to the point that I can record something with reasonable quality and precision...Not Perfect..just reasonable

Yes I agree with Dan about the differences.
Once you get the general feel for Sonar, everything will fall into place for you I bet.
It's more "organic" to me, more like analog etc IMO.

bobsacco
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/23 15:41:45 (permalink)
I've been a long-time User of Sonar. I own Producer 8.

Though, I've wrestled with that product trying to get my Alesis controller to work with it and could not. I also have had problemsd getting SONAR to work properly with my Windows 7 PC.

Now, that you guys have cancelled customer support, I'm feel left out in the cold. With all the upgrades and all the confusing information on this site, I've lost confidence that your software is easy to use and fully supported over the long haul. Good software design doesn't need constant support. Though, i find myself over the years always having to fiddle with your software... 

Dell desktop XPS 8700 3.4 GHz, 32 Gb RAM

Windows 7 pro

Midi controller: need recommendation

Audio interface: Line6 Toneport UX2

bz2838
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 366
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/23 17:24:25 (permalink)
I really prefer the workflow of Sonar over Cubase, I use Sonar 90% of the time because of it's stability and work flow. 

Purrrfect Audio:  Intel i7 7700k (Kabylake), 32Gig DDR4/2133, Windows 10x64 Pro, USB RME Babyface, Sonar Platinum Current
adrian.parsons
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/24 02:47:12 (permalink)
Hi ALL.
I'm new to Sonar just a few days ago and although I am musically savvy, I am not Sonar savvy yet. I used cakewalk 15 years ago the last time I played solo and it certainly has changed!!!!!
The help is way to specific. Where d I go to get the idiot's introduction video to understand such things as:
- how to delete a hole
- how to change the drum kit
- how to change other patches and what is available?
- how to export to an mp3 or wave file
and so on
I'm sure there must be some of you out there that have jumped on board recently and are still learning???? Please help. Adrian - my email is
PS. I am a jazz piano player and would help in other ways if you can help me..../

nebukenazar
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/24 09:52:54 (permalink)
What about STEAM  purchase? How can i get updates or news? By using STEAM like games which i purchased? Will i use Command Center? İs there any update lag. between Steam or others purchase options?

Thanks.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum on windows 10 pro x64
Cakewalk VS - 100 v1.5
Yamaha HS80M
Roland Fantom G8
Samson C03
Roland Lucina AX09
Medelli 518dx
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: Please read before you purchase SONAR 2015/03/24 13:36:24 (permalink)
adrian.parsons
Hi ALL.
I'm new to Sonar just a few days ago and although I am musically savvy, I am not Sonar savvy yet. I used cakewalk 15 years ago the last time I played solo and it certainly has changed!!!!!
The help is way to specific. Where d I go to get the idiot's introduction video to understand such things as:
- how to delete a hole
- how to change the drum kit
- how to change other patches and what is available?
- how to export to an mp3 or wave file
and so on
I'm sure there must be some of you out there that have jumped on board recently and are still learning???? Please help. Adrian - my email is
PS. I am a jazz piano player and would help in other ways if you can help me..../

You might try to work through the tutorials in the manual.  They also have projects associated with them.

You can also post specific questions in this forum and many people will try to help.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 6 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1