Helpful ReplyPre-order Rapture Pro

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Author
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:09:48 (permalink)
Well colour me intrigued. I'm mulling a couple of other purchases now, and this might change the equation. I've always like Rapture, and if the update to Z3TA is anything to go on, Cakewalk still has the ability to crank out an interesting new synth from time to time...

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:15:00 (permalink)
BobF
Presale Q's:
- As already asked, does RP installation provide complete flexibility for application and content locations?
- The product page has Win8.1 with an asterisk and a footnote that says to install via CCC.  Is installation outside of CCC supported for Win8.1?
- Does the content provided with RP include the factory DP and Rapture Classic libraries? 

Presale Q's:
- As already asked, does RP installation provide complete flexibility for application and content locations?

[AR] We'll have more info on installation instructions closer to release. 
- The product page has Win8.1 with an asterisk and a footnote that says to install via CCC.  Is installation outside of CCC supported for Win8.1?

[AR] The asterisk for Win 8.1 actually goes to this

* Windows XP is blocked, Vista not officially supported
It's not in reference to CCC or Win 8.1. Just clarifying Windows support. Installation outside of CCC is supported in Windows 8.1.

- Does the content provided with RP include the factory DP and Rapture Classic libraries? 

[AR] Yes, and all existing expansion packs you purchased for Rapture Classic or DPRO will also work.

Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:20:16 (permalink)
rebel007
Awesome. Rapture has been my favourite Cakewalk instrument since it was first introduced (although Z3ta is also a great synth). Can't wait, any hints as to when it might be available?

Late April 2015. We are just putting the final touches on it.
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:21:27 (permalink)
jb101
Great news.

Will it be available to purchase from third party vendors?

It will be available at Sweetwater and other retail locations via download.
boblettnoe
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:26:24 (permalink)
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 12:55:52 (permalink)
Looks like everybody's questions have been answered apart from mine so I'll try again and be more specific...

* Do we get control of where we put all sample/program files etc in a settings section? (Currently with Dim Pro/Rapure it can only happen via registry and regardless it's impossible to move some files without symbolic links).

* Will we see regular service pack releases? (The old Dim Pro/Rapture only had one and it still has plenty of issues, will this be more of the same?).

* Will there be an PDF manual to download which we can review before we buy?

If the questions cannot be answered now I'll wait, just let me know...
Thx.
djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 13:11:39 (permalink)
Wonder what this means "2-click MIDI mapping for quick, spontaneous controller assignments" no more act?

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
 http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
 http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 13:13:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jbow 2015/04/16 10:44:14
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
BobF
Presale Q's:

Presale Q's:

[AR] We'll have more info on installation instructions closer to release. 

[AR] The asterisk for Win 8.1 actually goes to this

* Windows XP is blocked, Vista not officially supported
It's not in reference to CCC or Win 8.1. Just clarifying Windows support. Installation outside of CCC is supported in Windows 8.1.

[AR] Yes, and all existing expansion packs you purchased for Rapture Classic or DPRO will also work.

Good news to me on CCC and Win8.1.  It's also good that if purchased, we'll be able to delete the Dim Pro and Rapture installations and start fresh with a Rapture Pro installation that will include the libraries from Dim Pro and Rapture.  Pending early experience testimonial outcomes and installation location specifics, you can count me in.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

ChristopherM
  • Total Posts : 1921
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 13:33:19 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
joden
and what do we do with our existing Rapture and Dim Pro instruments? Is this to replace them? Any discounts for existing owners?

There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Andrew - does "Expansion Packs you purchased" imply that things like the excellent Muz3um will not work? And what about third-party purchases, like Biolabs or the Architecture Waveforms stuff?

TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 15:00:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jbow 2015/04/16 10:56:39
I'm not a Rapture fan at all from the past release but I'm willing to listen to opinions. I would like to know what Rapture will add that I can't already achieve from synths like Omnisphere, Serum, Zebra, etc. In other words, why should I spend more money on this?

boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?

Sounds like you were paying for access to the plugin before it was offered in Sonar as a package. A lot of companies do things like this and you're essentially paying for the ability to use and make money with the plugin before it goes to the masses as a free addition. Eventually I'm sure Rapture Pro will also be added to the package with Sonar though I'm sure that will be quite a few years. Right now you'd be paying for the ability to have it and use it in projects before those who get it for free.

This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up and they are already discounting it for previous owners. I'm a bit baffled as to why you think that discount isn't good enough when the price will likely be around $170 - $200 for new users once the promo period is over.
boblettnoe
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 15:50:28 (permalink)
Terra Sin,

When you are right, you are right.

It is just ADDING  up (the emphasis on adding!) to be an expensive spring...new house...new Surface 3 (and the much desired StaffPAd)...impending new Sibelius 8...now a new and improved Rapture/Dimension hybrid.

(Oh and I'm still paying on the Sonar Platinum monthly subscription with 8 months to go.)
But, all is good...all is good. I did trade in a crap of old analog gear/hardware to get some cold hard cash pay for the Surface and accessories...so what's another $80.
forkol
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 182
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 15:50:38 (permalink)
boblettnoe

I agree -- seems a bit unfair to those of us who purchased boxed copies not to be offered at least the upgrade price.  Previous Z3ta users were offered Z3ta 2 upgrade price, so why not now?   Andrew, what is the reasoning for offering a discount to Platinum users?  Just curious....

BobF
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 16:09:52 (permalink)
As a S-Plat purchaser, since Dim Pro being included was a selling point, I don't see how a release that basically supersedes it could NOT be offered at a discount when the release is happening within 3-4 months of S-Plat's initial offering ... AND S-Plat is still being sold with Dim Pro included.  Offering the discount for Rapture Pro to S-Plat purchasers seems like incentive for people to continue to purchase S-Plat.

If I was in charge at CW, I would extend the discount to Dim Pro purchasers that bought within the last X months.  Still, anybody that bought X.2 months ago would not be happy.

Bob  --
--

forkol
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 16:23:28 (permalink)
BobF
As a S-Plat purchaser, since Dim Pro being included was a selling point, I don't see how a release that basically supersedes it could NOT be offered at a discount when the release is happening within 3-4 months of S-Plat's initial offering ... AND S-Plat is still being sold with Dim Pro included.  Offering the discount for Rapture Pro to S-Plat purchasers seems like incentive for people to continue to purchase S-Plat.

If I was in charge at CW, I would extend the discount to Dim Pro purchasers that bought within the last X months.  Still, anybody that bought X.2 months ago would not be happy.

That's one way of looking at it, if you actually purchased (and not subbed) S-plat.  But, you could pay *one* month of Splat sub, and you would get the discount, whereas those of us that have paid $200+ (combined purchase price of DimPro and Rapture for me) don't warrant the same kind of consideration.  Not to mention all the other CW stuff I have purchased since purchasing those two synths.

And, as far and I am concerned, this does not provide and 'incentive' to continue to purchase S-Plat.  If you were considering purchase of S-Plat, the announcement didn't change a thing.  If you were not, like me (at this time), then I will probably hold off purchasing this upgrade, and also take into consideration how CW is treating their long-term customers.
BobF
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 16:27:16 (permalink)
Purchaser, BTW ...

Did you see the next paragraph?  The one starting with "If I was in charge ..."?

Bob  --
--

forkol
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 16:51:53 (permalink)

BobF
Purchaser, BTW ...

Did you see the next paragraph?  The one starting with "If I was in charge ..."?

But, if you stay on the S-plat 'membership' program for a year, you are a purchaser, right?  Is it known you won't get the discount IF you are on the membership program?

And I did see the next paragraph.  I'm saying I would go further, and offer that discount to at least former 'purchasers' of DimPro or Rapture.  But I realize that might be a mess, since Computer Music gave Rapture away, but when they did that for Z3ta, CW still allowed those folks to get the discounted upgrade price.  

They didn't tie Z3ta 2's discount to a SONAR purchase, so why this one, is what I'm asking.
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 16:59:41 (permalink)
Haha "S-plat". I Like that!

But man though, haters gonna hate eh? A brand new synth that combines DimPro and Rapture with a pretty impressive looking GUI, browser, and huge sound library and you're gonna complain about a $79 price tag? Not me. 

As for the dude who owns Omnisphere, yeah you might not need something like this, Omni is pretty much the king daddy in some of that arena. But what did you pay for it? $80 is a very nice night out for me and the missus... I'll start with the apology flowers now.... :-)

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 17:11:16 (permalink)
It's been a long time since I have been this excited about a new synth! When can we buy it? 

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
polarbear
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1212
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:13:01 (permalink)
Definitely interesting... I have 3 initial thoughts...

1) Love the idea of combining Rapture and Dimension, and it seems very Omnisphere-ish in execution, which I love.
2) Upgrade now or wait for the next major update to Sonar that inevitably includes this for free?
3) Is that... music... in the announcement trailer? Is that what that noise is called? Am I just an old fart? (Hope I don't offend whoever designed that music haha, I'm not one to usually talk bad about someone else's art, but man, I can't wrap my head around that...)

http://www.bydavidrosen.com
http://www.imdb.me/davidrosen
Winner of Best Song of 2007 at Acidplanet.com!

PC Audio Labs Rokbox OB1 - Gigabyte X99-UD4-CF - Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz - 32GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 7700 - Windows 7 Pro
Sonar Platinum - Komplete 9 Ultimate - Spectrasonics Omnisphere - reFX Nexus2 - And the list goes on...
RME BabyFace Pro - M-Audio Keystation 88es
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:21:28 (permalink)
ChristopherM
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
joden
and what do we do with our existing Rapture and Dim Pro instruments? Is this to replace them? Any discounts for existing owners?

There's an introductory upgrade offer for $99. If you own SONAR Platinum, it will be $79. You can keep your existing Rapture and Dimension Pro. Expansion Packs you purchased for them will be compatible with Rapture Pro along with the existing factory content that shipped with them.

Andrew - does "Expansion Packs you purchased" imply that things like the excellent Muz3um will not work? And what about third-party purchases, like Biolabs or the Architecture Waveforms stuff?

Yes, those should work. Not 100% sure about Muz3um but I'll ask. The others have been ported over to work with Rapture Pro.
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:23:53 (permalink)
From reading the above, I understand that RP can be installed without CCC for Windows 8.1. What about Windows 7?

Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:25:47 (permalink)
polarbear
Definitely interesting... I have 3 initial thoughts...

1) Love the idea of combining Rapture and Dimension, and it seems very Omnisphere-ish in execution, which I love.
2) Upgrade now or wait for the next major update to Sonar that inevitably includes this for free?
3) Is that... music... in the announcement trailer? Is that what that noise is called? Am I just an old fart? (Hope I don't offend whoever designed that music haha, I'm not one to usually talk bad about someone else's art, but man, I can't wrap my head around that...)

Hi Polar Bear,

There is no next major upgrade to SONAR. We are now continually developing SONAR and we've been putting out monthly updates. Rapture Pro will not be included in SONAR but you do have a new Drum Replacer to look forward to in the coming months. It will be along the lines of other drum replacement tools but fully integrated in SONAR for even more convenience. I am sorry you didn't like the music. 
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:26:40 (permalink)
TerraSin
This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up...

I doubt that.  It looks to me like the code from three instruments was cut and pasted together with maybe some new stuff thrown in.

I looks nice and it will be interesting to hear more about what it can do that can't be done with Rapture, DimPro and z3ta+2, or can be done better/easier.

I would have preferred something completely different, but I'm glad Cakewalk is still in the instrument business.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:27:31 (permalink)
mcdonalk
From reading the above, I understand that RP can be installed without CCC for Windows 8.1. What about Windows 7?

Yes, the asterisks was to denote Windows compatibility and it has just "*" with a key below to say we don't support XP or Vista for Windows. You can manually install on Windows OSes that we support. 
TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:32:33 (permalink)
boblettnoe
Terra Sin,

When you are right, you are right.

It is just ADDING  up (the emphasis on adding!) to be an expensive spring...new house...new Surface 3 (and the much desired StaffPAd)...impending new Sibelius 8...now a new and improved Rapture/Dimension hybrid.

Know that feeling. So many new things coming out, not nearly enough money to buy them all cause those life expenses get in the way. ;)
polarbear
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:34:52 (permalink)
I can see a Drum Replacer being built in being very cool. Nice. And yea, I know there's no like, standalone new versions planned, but surely at the end of each year or even every two years, I bet there will be a bigger refresh with new instruments/effects added... One of which could very well be Rapture Pro. I'd be really surprised if it didn't. Regardless $79 is a great upgrade price! And yea, I think I'm just old when it comes to that music :-) 

PC Audio Labs Rokbox OB1 - Gigabyte X99-UD4-CF - Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz - 32GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 7700 - Windows 7 Pro
Sonar Platinum - Komplete 9 Ultimate - Spectrasonics Omnisphere - reFX Nexus2 - And the list goes on...
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:35:36 (permalink)
Paul P
TerraSin
This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up...

I doubt that.  It looks to me like the code from three instruments was cut and pasted together with maybe some new stuff thrown in.

I looks nice and it will be interesting to hear more about what it can do that can't be done with Rapture, DimPro and z3ta+2, or can be done better/easier.

I would have preferred something completely different, but I'm glad Cakewalk is still in the instrument business.

Actually we just hit control-X and then control-V (Command-X and Command-V on a Mac) and it was done :)

Seriously, a lot of thought and work went into making this instrument. We've been working on this for quite awhile and think the fusion of real-instrument and synth is going to be make for some really interesting sound design possibilities. What we think is pretty unique is that we have a few modes that adapt the workflow to your skill level and task. Like if you need some great presets that are ready-to-go, you can just go to the Browser and audition and pick a sound. If you want a more live performance feel, you can go pick a preset, click on the Instruments page and assign the macro controls to your controller. You can also use the X/Y pad and vector mixer - the possibilities get interesting. And of course, if you need to design your own sounds you can use the Edit and Elements Page to mix or even load your own samples. It gets fun and the program is deep for sure.
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:38:10 (permalink)
...wicked
Haha "S-plat". I Like that!

But man though, haters gonna hate eh? A brand new synth that combines DimPro and Rapture with a pretty impressive looking GUI, browser, and huge sound library and you're gonna complain about a $79 price tag? Not me. 

As for the dude who owns Omnisphere, yeah you might not need something like this, Omni is pretty much the king daddy in some of that arena. But what did you pay for it? $80 is a very nice night out for me and the missus... I'll start with the apology flowers now.... :-)

HAHA, we didn't see this abbreviation coming. Remind me to make sure we review any potential abbreviations for future products :)
Andrew Rossa
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:41:23 (permalink)
polarbear
I can see a Drum Replacer being built in being very cool. Nice. And yea, I know there's no like, standalone new versions planned, but surely at the end of each year or even every two years, I bet there will be a bigger refresh with new instruments/effects added... One of which could very well be Rapture Pro. I'd be really surprised if it didn't. Regardless $79 is a great upgrade price! And yea, I think I'm just old when it comes to that music :-) 

Not to hijack the Rapture Pro thread but if we were to do major refreshes every year, we'd be back in the same boat. The idea really is to be constantly improving SONAR. If we have to stop working on the current version to prepare for a major refresh, we'll be back to where we started. Sure, we might one team working on one big feature that's 3 months down the road, while another is working on enhancements and fixes, but it won't be like past. We really are committed to the plan and we think this is going to make SONAR even better. 
polarbear
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/15 18:47:00 (permalink)

Not to hijack the Rapture Pro thread but if we were to do major refreshes every year, we'd be back in the same boat. The idea really is to be constantly improving SONAR. If we have to stop working on the current version to prepare for a major refresh, we'll be back to where we started. Sure, we might one team working on one big feature that's 3 months down the road, while another is working on enhancements and fixes, but it won't be like past. We really are committed to the plan and we think this is going to make SONAR even better. 

Hey I'm all for it :-) I'm signed up. Haha. It's just hard for me to imagine new instruments not getting included down the road... Even if it is just a monthly update that brings those new instruments. And this seems like a prime example of one that would be included since versions of Dimension and Rapture have been getting included for years. I'll almost definitely be upgrading anyway though, so not that it matters haha.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1