Helpful ReplyPre-order Rapture Pro

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 11
Author
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 17:36:28 (permalink)
...wicked
Here's my drive-by of the shenanigans I've glimpsed since last time:

1) I disagree Paulo. You bought SONAR. It came with oodles of freebies, moreso than many many other DAWs out there. 

I guess you have one of those cell phone contracts with "free" airtime, texts and data too, huh ?
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 17:41:53 (permalink)
...wicked
2) Paul P (and another) PDF manual for free before purchase? I rarely hear of that. I think what you're referring to is called a "demo". :-) 

Sonar manuals have always been available for free.  As for just about every product I've bought in the last 10 years.

The argument is very weak seeing as there is even more up-to-date info available in the online help, for free.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 17:55:21 (permalink)
Many, though certainly not all, companies post their documentation online.

I understand if CW does not wish to do so, but in that case I hope they will find other ways to give us much more detailed information in the coming days. Perhaps we can get blog entries on the goals and how you set about improving what Rapture/DimPro already did or some of the sound designers talking about how they utilized the new capabilities or something like that.

Written documentation and/or information has advantages over demos or watching videos - I generally don't litter my machines with demos of things just to take a look, and watching videos is time consuming and might not contain the information I am looking for in any sufficient depth anyway.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 18:05:38 (permalink)

I just realized that I've been confusing Sonar with Instruments, sorry about that.

I don't believe Cakewalk ever offered online help for its latest instruments or online pdf documents.

The only pdf manuals I have for Cakewalk instruments are for Pentagon and z3ta+2, the latter I got with the product.
There is a free downloadable Pentagon manual in Word format from Cakewalk.

post edited by Paul P - 2015/04/16 18:13:10

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 18:13:44 (permalink)
Have any ever been as awesome and feature loaded as Rapture Pro?  

Software THIS cool has to have a manual.  A THICK manual

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 19:04:58 (permalink)
My fear and the only thing holding me back is like when I paid for DimPro, and the next release it was added free.... then, it was bundled with other things that didn't give an option to modify for existing owners.
Now I have 4 DimPro licenses because I'm a sucker for a deal.

And related, last night I opened it and it asked me to register again..... and after a few hours of trying each serial/reg combo... and re-installing each of the four with corresponding registration, none would work! "invalid"
So with a new raw-spot on my butt I gave up.
I'll have to write support and see if I can't get it squared.

It looks interesting and I'm a Sonar guy all the way, all in ..... but any more skin comes off my rear, (not all Sonar related), I'll have to edit standing! lol

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 19:58:25 (permalink)
ramscapri
1. If it was a completely new instrument, I go by that. But Rapture Pro is a build on Rapture and Dim Pro I believe, should have been an update, at least to Platinum users, Platinum currently being the top-of-the-line purchase model.

Cakewalk has been working on Rapture Pro since before the Gibson acquisition in 2013. It's not just a simple update of Rapture or Dim Pro.

2. I didn't suggest at all that in providing Rapture Pro with the Platinum model, the core program improvements be compromised by any extent whatsoever. Over and above the core improvements is what I meant, not compensatory.

I know that's what you meant, but if you pay X amount of dollars expecting improvements in the program and X/2 of that goes toward a new instrument, it doesn't leave much left to pay for improvements to the program itself. I believe the whole point of the membership program is to improve SONAR on a monthly basis, not necessarily to offer deals on other Cakewalk products.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 20:12:19 (permalink)
paulo

I guess you have one of those cell phone contracts with "free" airtime, texts and data too, huh ?

text and data are already part of a contract mate, so I don't think that's apples to apples. I DID get a free phone with my last contract, which I consider a bonus since it was a sweet upgrade. Though, to be honest, I miss flip phones sometimes. So easy and fast.

I like how there is always a faction on the forums who just can not take new news as good news, and will twist themselves into the weirdest shape to be able to say something negative. "What, Cakewalk finally made a v2 of DimPro AND Rapture? AND they're the same "super" instrument? Well.... well why isn't it free?!" Are you kidding me? The easiest answer is the most obvious: because it's their job and last I heard jobs require employees who get paid. I love the argument that "since it's based on code that existed in DimPro, which I own, I should get it for free!" Sheesh we should try that with Windows. :-)

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
SimpleManZ
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 157
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 20:48:24 (permalink)
Been hoping for the longest while now Cakewalk, updated/fixed, Dim Pro browser.
Then next, expected the GUI's of both synths to be upgraded.
Last, the installations designators to be more flexible and sensible.

These synths in their current positions, has excellent audio engines; and when playing a good made preset, ranks with the best in the industry.  
Will this new thingy have a niche to be talked about and get others in the industry looking to "just get it"

p.s. Over the last few years I have purchased all of these line of Cakewalk synths except Triangle.
Between upgrading and updating both hardware and Sonar's, Triangle disappeared, I don't miss it.
Geo524
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 21:45:37 (permalink)
This is exciting. April is AWESOME synth month for me. Rapture Pro coming soon plus a free upgrade to Omni2... Wooohoooo!!

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 
http://www.radiosparx.com/georgeandmarguerite

ShellstaX
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 23:08:34 (permalink)
SimpleManZ
... Triangle disappeared, I don't miss it.

FWIW ... Triangle II  can still be got for free from Plugin Boutique.

You know you want it :P :).
fantini
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/16 23:42:35 (permalink)
Are Rapture Pro's multisamples in wav rather than flac.  I certainly prefer wav files.  Originally, Dimension Pro used wav files but somewhere along the way, the newer versions began to use flac files.
I found the original DPro wav files worked for me in many Rapture projects.  To me, the DPro multisamples sound better in Rapture. 
promidi
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1220
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 00:18:47 (permalink)
Currently $US79.00 = $AU101.63.   I would pay for it right now if I could pre order it..
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 00:28:12 (permalink)
...wicked
To that earlier question, given the sample bank is 10GB, it WOULD be preferable to locate it where we want to, like on my samples drive for example. :-)

Considering not being able to specify directories is a product defect which:
a) infuriates a lot of customers
b) carries with it a relatively low cost to fix
the decision to allow the user to choose locations for his installation would be a no-brainer.

However, you never know when a PHB will strike.
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 00:48:24 (permalink)
I think the distinction that was made initially has been swayed during the thread. People who purchased Rapture/Dim Pro before it was included with SONAR was the point. Those who got it with SONAR really do not fall into this group IMO. So from that perspective, the best deal being to users who (potentially) got it included is a bit of a slap in the face. Those users who purchased previously paid as much for their SONAR upgrades.

As far as the PDF goes, there are far more elegant solutions to (truly) preventing piracy than to deny a potentially paying customer a user manual. I certainly got the "reasoning" but to deter sales (money) as a means to thwart piracy (which will happen regardless without a true deterrent) doesn't make much business sense.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 01:36:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dubdisciple 2015/04/17 18:56:47
I purchase both when then came out in 2006. Used them for several years before they were added to SONAR. DPro was bundled starting with SONAR 8. Rapture was not bundled until X1. This use represents some value. Now Cakewalk gives a slightly larger break to current members. Seems like an incentive to be a member rather than a slap in the face to users who purchased the synths almost 10 years ago.
sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 01:54:28 (permalink)
TerraSin

boblettnoe
Please correct me if I am wrong, but...wasn't there a time when Dim Pro and Rapture Full had to be purchased as upgrades and not included in any Sonar versions?

Those of us who bit  and ponied up the money found that later these were both incorporated in later Sonar versions.

How about a special discount for those of us who paid for these upgrades in the past? $49 instead of $79?

Sounds like you were paying for access to the plugin before it was offered in Sonar as a package. A lot of companies do things like this and you're essentially paying for the ability to use and make money with the plugin before it goes to the masses as a free addition. Eventually I'm sure Rapture Pro will also be added to the package with Sonar though I'm sure that will be quite a few years. Right now you'd be paying for the ability to have it and use it in projects before those who get it for free.

This is a new plugin that has been built from the ground up and they are already discounting it for previous owners. I'm a bit baffled as to why you think that discount isn't good enough when the price will likely be around $170 - $200 for new users once the promo period is over.

I've never seen anyone required to pay to be a beta tester, and I don't believe CW, under previous companies or Gibson would charge and snicker at you buying something they planned on giving away, test or not, without stating that fact.
Much of the time it is worse for the bottom line being dishonest to the public, rather than to simply leave it alone to trickle, or maybe even updating would be.
Business is always bigger than any single product.... even if you only have one!

I'm in marketing among other things, and in business what is most likely is that new products peak, and then sales fall off.
You balance, in order to maximize cash flow, do we update it now, or work on new products.
If it's the latter, put that older product to better use some other way... it's stale now, lets squeeze it as much as possible.. re-heat that taco.

If you juice it with some nice moist bulk samples that appeal to a wide audience, you can squeeze a little more.
When that peaks, you can bundle it with a new flagship product, or even an older one to pump sales on that also, or package it with a new side-piece.

Consumers always feel more is better, and companies are there for business, so it works well even if it's only a 5 or 10% increase in that line.
Cakewalk is doing nothing wrong or slight, it's simply marketing 101.
With all due respect, THAT is what companies actually do more than purposeful deceit.

Forgive the long post but I'll add some interesting facts people don't realize.
It's all about psychology!
If asked "how much are your popsicles", and you answer, "they are 25 cents each or 3 for a dollar", more than half will want the 3 for a buck..... because it sounds like a deal.

In your local grocery store, that shrimp is in a fridge, it don't need ice .... the ice is there to make it look clean and pristine.

Store brands are on the right of signature brands most of the time, because more people are right handed and actually might grab theirs on accident. (Same if you have an excess of cream-corn you want to dump.... move it to the right of the whole-kernel stuff for awhile.)
Us in the rock generation are the ones holding the fattest wallets these days... they used to play elevator-jams, now I'm not surprised to hear AC/DC Highway To Hell in a store, because even that is planned to make you happier.
If you are enjoying yourself, you'll stay longer, and spend more. lol
post edited by sylent - 2015/04/17 02:01:58

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 05:55:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2015/04/17 20:06:32
...wicked
paulo

text and data are already part of a contract mate, so I don't think that's apples to apples. I DID get a free phone with my last contract, which I consider a bonus since it was a sweet upgrade. Though, to be honest, I miss flip phones sometimes. So easy and fast.

I like how there is always a faction on the forums who just can not take new news as good news, and will twist themselves into the weirdest shape to be able to say something negative. "What, Cakewalk finally made a v2 of DimPro AND Rapture? AND they're the same "super" instrument? Well.... well why isn't it free?!" Are you kidding me? The easiest answer is the most obvious: because it's their job and last I heard jobs require employees who get paid. I love the argument that "since it's based on code that existed in DimPro, which I own, I should get it for free!" Sheesh we should try that with Windows. :-)

You're arguing with yourself now, lol ! Exactly the point -  part of the deal - not free. You've paid for it.

I didn't say anything about how the re-badged version should be free, so not sure why you felt the need to say the rest of that, but if it makes you feel better........

However, I will say that those people you speak of are IMO an important balance for the happy clappers and are equally entitled to express their opinions.  A forum that consisted only of sycophantic back slapping ? Is that what you really want ? Be careful what you wish for......
djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 08:00:58 (permalink)
This would be great!!!!!

Native Instruments has announced a raft of upgrades for its Komplete Kontrol series keyboards, the most notable being the development of the Native Kontrol Standard (NKS), a new format that enables third-party plugin developers to integrate their products with NI's hardware.

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
 http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
 http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 10:10:29 (permalink)
I feel the price point is very reasonable, especially for Platinum users and if the new features take it significantly beyond a Rapture/Dimension hybrid (hard to tell right now, though the interface sure looks good and the performance features are tantalizing) so this should not in any way be construed as a complaint... but I think a cute/funny way to do the discounts would have been to base it on how many distinct serials of Rapture and Dimension you have in your Cake account - I did a quick scan of mine and counted at least 3 of each... 

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
chad
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 468
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 10:25:41 (permalink)
ChristopherM
does "Expansion Packs you purchased" imply that things like the excellent Muz3um will not work?

Muz3uM will work in Rapture Pro, it is not integrated with Cakewalk Command Center as a download.  You can still add custom programs, multisamples, wavetables, etc within Rapture Pro.  I'll talk with Francesco and Cakewalk about the possibility of having Muz3uM as a free download for Rapture Pro owners.  That could be really sweet.    : )

Let's talk about some features. 

Has anyone brought up the FX Sends on the Mixer View yet (as seen on the Features page)???  Rapture Pro has inherited Dimension Pro's Bussed FX.  The Global Effects slots on the Mixer page toggle between Send and Series Mode.  Send FX on Rapture's architecture will be most welcome for flexible sound sculpting and programming!  I'm imagining different chorus Send Levels across all 6 Elements, along with individual Distortion or  Phaser, all going into a final Insert Chamber Reverb. 

AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 10:33:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mitch_I 2015/04/17 12:46:32
For your $79/99 you don't just get a re-badged Rapture.  Rapt, IIRC, used less than half of Dimensions engine, playing back a wavetable of the sample.  Dimension plays back entire samples, too, which is why it was used for acoustic emulations (and has the library to support it).  Rapt was geared more toward electronic instruments, and I had an ah-ha moment when I discovered Rapt. was where most of the organs lived, not DimPro.  Speaking of libraries, Rapt 2 has about 3 gigs more of samples than Dimension (the original Rapt had a small library since the samples were snippets useful for wavetables - 3000 sample length I believe. 3 gigs aren't much in these days of mega libraries - I'm sure someone has put out a 3 gig collection of triangles by now - but done right and for a specific synth can make a whole new synth.  See Kontakt and the libraries sold for it.  NI doesn't buy Heavyocity products and give them to Komplete Plus owners.  Or the new synths they develop for REaktor.

And that cost is before you get into the performance additions - x-y pads and mixing.  And who knows what else?

If that ain't enough to lay out money that is fine.  As I said earlier, just wait, not doubt it will be had for free one day.  But no way is it a "fix" that needs to be included with SONAR, which the last time I checked was a DAW for recording soft synths, not a soft synth itself.  Just the same as the original Dimension (not Pro) came with the P5 DAW and was an integral part of the sale.  When they upped to DimPro and added to the library, guess what, Cake released DimPro as a stand alone product.  They didn't give it to if you had P5 (in fact, they killed off P5).  You can usually tell if someone is trying to sell you something new if they give it a new name.  Cake is just following well-established guidelines.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 10:35:16 (permalink)
drewfx1
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
...wicked
Haha "S-plat". I Like that!

But man though, haters gonna hate eh? A brand new synth that combines DimPro and Rapture with a pretty impressive looking GUI, browser, and huge sound library and you're gonna complain about a $79 price tag? Not me. 

As for the dude who owns Omnisphere, yeah you might not need something like this, Omni is pretty much the king daddy in some of that arena. But what did you pay for it? $80 is a very nice night out for me and the missus... I'll start with the apology flowers now.... :-)

HAHA, we didn't see this abbreviation coming. Remind me to make sure we review any potential abbreviations for future products :)

At one time long, long ago I had a job working in a group at AT&T called Local Alternative Market Entry and the abbreviation was thus LAME. 

It was part of the Local Services Division.

I'm not kidding. 

For a funny....  Seattle put in a streetcar line around 4 years ago in the South Lake Union district, just north of Downtown.  They named it the "South Lake Union Transit" line.  Of course it took less than a day for the unofficial name of SLUT.  

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
BobF
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 10:37:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2015/04/17 20:06:58
Why does everybody keep saying stuff is "FREE" with Sonar?  Nothing is "FREE".  Trust me, there is a premium built into every product that includes another "FREE" product along with it.

Bob  --
--

Studious
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 13:01:35 (permalink)
This looks like a nice product.

Can somebody please clarify:
Does Rapture Pro fully replace Rapture 1.2 and Dimension Pro? In other words, legacy projects aside, if you are starting fresh with Rapture Pro, is there any need to own/install Dimension Pro?

Also, has Dimension Pro's life-cycle ended? Is it all merged into Rapture Pro from here on out?

Thanks!
Andrew Rossa
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 14:03:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Studious 2015/04/17 15:22:58
Studious

Does Rapture Pro fully replace Rapture 1.2 and Dimension Pro? In other words, legacy projects aside, if you are starting fresh with Rapture Pro, is there any need to own/install Dimension Pro?

Also, has Dimension Pro's life-cycle ended? Is it all merged into Rapture Pro from here on out?

Thanks!

Yes, Rapture Pro replaces both. You get all the legacy content that shipped with the originals plus nearly 10GB of new content. We will discontinue Rapture Classic and Dimension Pro as a new purchase although it will remain in SONAR. 
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 14:32:54 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

Yes, Rapture Pro replaces both. You get all the legacy content that shipped with the originals plus nearly 10GB of new content. We will discontinue Rapture Classic and Dimension Pro as a new purchase although it will remain in SONAR. 

So tempting...   As someone who's used Dim Pro many times over, and Rapture somewhat less, this really does seem like a great way to get both in a single new package with lots of new abilities that neither one has.  Like the FX Bus comments above from Chad...    I also like the purpose-built page layouts.   Good stuff.    I wonder if there will be a demo...

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

BobF
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 14:34:59 (permalink)
By the time a demo and pirated manual are available, the intro offers will be over  

Bob  --
--

Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 14:50:01 (permalink)
fantini
Are Rapture Pro's multisamples in wav rather than flac.  I certainly prefer wav files.  Originally, Dimension Pro used wav files but somewhere along the way, the newer versions began to use flac files.
I found the original DPro wav files worked for me in many Rapture projects.  To me, the DPro multisamples sound better in Rapture. 

FLAC files have all the benefits of WAV but use far less hard drive space as it is compressed. The compression is not lossy so you will not lose out on quality. I don't see what there is not to like. I wish people would use FLAC more.
Studious
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Rapture Pro Announced 2015/04/17 15:19:24 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Studious

Thanks!

Thank you for clearing it up Andrew! It sounds like a great path forward for these products.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1