Helpful ReplyPresonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
DarinBad
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 461
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 05:15:46 (permalink)
Studio One Expert on YouTube has some informative videos on Studio One. It might answer many questions for some folks who are interested. Presonus also has some informative videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/presonusaudio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK0pITrfzEC36x6ttyaXUXA/feed

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU INTEL CORE I7 3770K
32 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
Windows 10 Pro x64
hbarton
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 05:30:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sonarman1 2017/11/25 07:01:39
aidanodr

How do people find loading speeds for VSTs into tracks in S1??

I have tried on the SAME PC with S1 first, two vsts ( Kontakt & Arturia Analog Lab 2 ). I tried in S1 first .. took near 1 minute to load Arturia and about 40 secs to load Kontakt. 

I then closed S1 and opened Sonar Platinum. Both loaded within 10 seconds or less. Hardly windows caching across two different daws ie making 2nd daw opened faster?

Try this test yourselves?

aidanodr

How do people find loading speeds for VSTs into tracks in S1??

I have tried on the SAME PC with S1 first, two vsts ( Kontakt & Arturia Analog Lab 2 ). I tried in S1 first .. took near 1 minute to load Arturia and about 40 secs to load Kontakt. 

I then closed S1 and opened Sonar Platinum. Both loaded within 10 seconds or less. Hardly windows caching across two different daws ie making 2nd daw opened faster?

Try this test yourselves?

After the initial scan of your VST locations (after first install), you can speed up subsequent startups by turning off the scanning. See this post:
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=3533

If you add new VSTs in the future, you will need to scan again - but only that one time.
Take care,
h

sonarman1
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 07:12:43 (permalink)
Midiboy
My comments are within the quote. 

sonarman1
Essentials:
No Track templates    Yes, this is a bit of a bummer. 
No Step Sequencer         You are incorrect, sir.  There is a step sequencer.  I actually like it better than Sonar's. 

Can manage:
No Gain Knob            - No biggie. 
No Matrix View          - Never used it. 
No Event Editor         - Yeah.  This is a bummer. 
Mix Recall                 - Yeah.  Never really used that, but it is a nice feature.

Step sequencer? u mean the step record?

My biggest problem so far seems to be the lack of numeric peak meters in both inspector and the console.
Joe_A
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 458
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 09:33:08 (permalink)
Can plug-in(s) for meters be used?

jambrose@cfl.rr.com  Sonar Plat. Lifetime. Started in Sonar 4, each through 8.5.3PE.
Scarlett 18i202nd gen., Edirol FA-101, M-Audio Firewire 410, AMD Phenom II 1045T six core processor, 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, dual displays, 1.5 TB SATA HD, USB 2, Firewire 1394A, 1394B, 18/22 mixer, EV Q-66, Yamaha HS50M monitors, few guitars, Fender Cybertwin SE, Fender Cyber foot controller, Boss RC20-XL, misc pedals, etc. Win Home Prem 64 bit.
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 09:44:01 (permalink)
I must have missed the step sequencer because i don't see it. Honestly though, i figured a worlflow that works very much like step sequencer .
hbarton
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/25 16:25:37 (permalink)
Joe_A
Can plug-in(s) for meters be used?

Yes, if it is a plugin it should work, then you could float it on another screen.

One thing to keep in mind that may not have been mentioned about the different versions. Prime does not support any plugins (only the Presonus ones that come with it). The Artist version supports plugins with an Add On. Most folks should probably demo the Pro version that will allow you to play with all of the features. Not sure who is using what, but this could trip up a few folks if they are not aware.
Take care,
h
mcdoma2000
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 157
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 16:27:56 (permalink)
dubdisciple
I must have missed the step sequencer because i don't see it. Honestly though, i figured a worlflow that works very much like step sequencer .

I believe it might be called something like "Performance Editor"?

i7-920 24GB Ram
Windows 10 x64
SONAR Platinum x64
Focusrite 18i20
Sylvan
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 793
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 16:36:17 (permalink)
I wrote the following in another thread but would like to repost it here to see if I can get any feedback or opinions on it... Here is what I wrote earlier...

"Hi, like many of you, I pulled the trigger on Studio One. I was a huge SONAR loyal user and am absolutely aghast at what Gibson has done to me beloved DAW.

I reluctantly purchased Studio One Professional. I am keeping an open mind and am willing to put my all into learning this new (to me) DAW.

I did some tests and found something that is bugging me a bit. Hopefully someone can put some of this to rest...

I took some recent drum tracks (real acoustic drums that I miced up myself) and used them as my test.
I imported the raw tracks into Studio One and SONAR. No effects at all. I made a crude balancing mix and made notes of exact levels. I duplicated that crude mix in both SONAR and Studio One, then exported.

I imported those two crude mixes side by side so I could compare. I can swear that the SONAR mix has more depth and an extended low end. I thought that maybe this could be a bias or some kind of placebo effect.

I flipped the phase on each mix, after making sure they are 100% sample aligned. The should null, but did not. There is indeed a difference. I don't think it is pan laws either.

I am really worried that Studio One is not as good at summing as SONAR, and I really want it to be because I just spent the money on it.

Also, I HATE that fact that in order to flip the phase on a track I have to actually use a plugin as opposed to SONAR having it built in. Do you suppose Studio One could ever implement a phase flipping switch like SONAR?"

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Intel i7-5830K LGA2011V3 (6 CORE)
Asus X99-AII
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
denverdrummer
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 18:15:11 (permalink)
Sylvan I can swear that the SONAR mix has more depth and an extended low end. I thought that maybe this could be a bias or some kind of placebo effect.

I flipped the phase on each mix, after making sure they are 100% sample aligned. The should null, but did not. There is indeed a difference. I don't think it is pan laws either.

I am really worried that Studio One is not as good at summing as SONAR, and I really want it to be because I just spent the money on it.

You are not imagining things.  I love the workflow in Studio One (although IMO the workflow in Sonar is better too), but the audio engine in Studio One just sounds bland, and the stock plugins do as well.

Also get used to having to use plugins for everything in Studio One. it's just the way it's built.  You can get around the no gain knob by using the clip gain, which is a cool feature of Studio One (and I do wish Sonar had this), but yeah not having phase flip sucks.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Dell Inspiron 15, core i7, 16GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mackie MR5 Mark 1 speakers
Ken Matson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 18:35:55 (permalink)
bokchoyboy
rodreb
Can the track view and console view be displayed on separate monitors in Studio One? I thought I read on one of these threads that you can not split them to two different monitors. This would be a big deal for my preferred workflow.

Very important!!!!

yes - doing it now

tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 19:15:44 (permalink)
Sylvan

I took some recent drum tracks (real acoustic drums that I miced up myself) and used them as my test.
I imported the raw tracks into Studio One and SONAR. No effects at all. I made a crude balancing mix and made notes of exact levels. I duplicated that crude mix in both SONAR and Studio One, then exported.

I imported those two crude mixes side by side so I could compare. I can swear that the SONAR mix has more depth and an extended low end. I thought that maybe this could be a bias or some kind of placebo effect.

Also, I HATE that fact that in order to flip the phase on a track I have to actually use a plugin as opposed to SONAR having it built in. Do you suppose Studio One could ever implement a phase flipping switch like SONAR?"

I found the same thing when  I started transfering projects over, but I dont believe it neccesarily means one is better than the other. The projects I was using were all recorded and mixed in Sonar. They sounded different in Studio one, but it was not difficult at all to tweak them and have them sound just as good.  I believe the same thing would happen if you poroduced a track in Studio One then transfered it to Sonar.

I too was surprised at the marked difference though!

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
Sylvan
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 19:26:11 (permalink)
I always thought that ones and zeros were simply ones and zeros and I NEVER participated in all those endless debates about sound quality between one DAW and another. But now that Gibson has surgically separated my soul from the fibers of my being, I tested other DAWS in a serious way. What I found so far is shocking. There really IS a difference. Yes you can clearly hear the difference between SONAR and Studio One. You could argue that one is not better than the other, just different. But to my taste, the deeper low end clarity is better and that is what I hear in SONAR. I will move on to Studio One, but in the back of my mind I will know that the SONAR mix engine will sound better to my ears. I can still make good mixes, but I have to admit this will bug me a bit. Hopefully future updates can get S1 sounding closer to SONAR.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Asus X99-AII
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 19:53:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ionian 2017/11/28 08:11:21
Sylvan
I always thought that ones and zeros were simply ones and zeros and I NEVER participated in all those endless debates about sound quality between one DAW and another. But now that Gibson has surgically separated my soul from the fibers of my being, I tested other DAWS in a serious way. What I found so far is shocking. There really IS a difference. Yes you can clearly hear the difference between SONAR and Studio One. You could argue that one is not better than the other, just different. But to my taste, the deeper low end clarity is better and that is what I hear in SONAR. I will move on to Studio One, but in the back of my mind I will know that the SONAR mix engine will sound better to my ears. I can still make good mixes, but I have to admit this will bug me a bit. Hopefully future updates can get S1 sounding closer to SONAR.

This is mainly rubbish. Time to debunk a few myths. I tested 4 DAW's in summing mode only some time back. Logic, Studio One, Sonar and Pro Tools. I maintained pan laws and level settings only. Got perfect nulls with all of them and a room full of experts could not pick one DAW over another. So we have sorted that summing wise now thanks. 

The plugins are the things that tend to separate more. Studio One stock plugins are excellent and in the right hands can create a killer mix all by themselves. If you want more you simply load up your third party plugins to which I have many. They will sound the same in all DAW's.  End mix quality is down to you. If you are having problems getting a fantastic mix in any DAW then problem lies with you and only you. I am creating killer mixes in Studio One end of story.

So much mis information has been spread about Studio One in these parts already.  It is way powerful, very deep under the hood, midi wise is excellent and it goes on. The problem is many don't really have a deep understanding of it so you think it can't do most of what you could do but in fact in most cases you can.  It is just a matter of learning it properly and using it everyday.

Many DAW's can do what Sonar does and on some levels they go way beyond. 

Recently I have had the nice experience of working with the latest version of Logic on the iMac.  It is also wonderful and if you want pedigree then this goes back further than Sonar did in fact.  It is way serious. 

Just find the DAW that is going to do it for you.  Studio One is seriously capable.  There is also a whole website devoted to it as well. Studio One expert. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
rodreb
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 19:54:12 (permalink)
This entire situation is just sad. Gibson's decision to kill Sonar is just plain reprehensible. There are many folks out here (like myself) that have come to depend on Sonar exclusively over the years. We have been loyal consumers and, this is how we are rewarded.
Unfortunately, this is the sorry state that corporate business has fallen to. Solely profit driven. No loyalty to their customers. No REAL pride in their product. Just profit margins.

ROD

Imaginary Friend Recording 
https://www.facebook.com/ifrecording?skip_nax_wizard=true

Dell XPS, i7 8700 (6 core), 16 gb 2666 RAM, two 2 Tb 7200 RPM HDD's, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 & Octapre

dcmg
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 20:20:44 (permalink)
Studio One testing: Setting Up Midi Devices

Is anyone else having trouble getting Studio One to recognize your midi device?

I've got a Yamaha KX8 ( thru an RME UCX traditional midi port)
and a little Alesis Q25 ( via USB) for quick midi input.

Videos and tutorials make it look fairly simple but S1 thinks they are disconnected.
SONAR still sees them just fine. 

Sure it's newbie pilot error, but..any advice?

CWBL/SPlat/Studio One Pro on Win10-64 Bit
Asrock H370 Pro4 w/Intel i7-8700
16GB Adata DDR4 2666 RAM
All SSD's/ On-Board Intel Graphics
Apollo 8 Quad FW/TB, AD2, Trillian, Omni, S-Gear, Waves, Soundtoys, TRacks, 
MicPres: Langevin DVC, Great River, UAD LA610Mk2. 
Dynaudio Monitors, and other stuff.
Jeff Evans
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 20:34:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dcmg 2017/11/27 21:39:49
This is one area that can cause confusion. Midi Devices have to be set up. There are icons that represent both. One receiving the midi and the other for sending it. The little icon with the slider and two knobs on it is a Receiving device. Hence a hardware instrument say.  The keyboard icons represent the controllers sending midi data. 

People get these mixed up. Very advanced and complex device setups can be created in Studio One.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 20:57:32 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
This is one area that can cause confusion. Midi Devices have to be set up. There are icons that represent both. One receiving the midi and the other for sending it. The little icon with the slider and two knobs on it is a Receiving device. Hence a hardware instrument say.  The keyboard icons represent the controllers sending midi data. 

People get these mixed up. Very advanced and complex device setups can be created in Studio One.

Just to be clear though, and correct me if I'm wrong, patch and bank select functions are not supported without embedding sysex command in the midi stream, correct?

Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
denverdrummer
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 21:02:01 (permalink)
Sylvan

My advice to you is to use 3rd party plugins.  Craig had a post on how to get the sonitus plugins to work in Studio One.  The unfortunate thing is pro channel can't work in SO3.  There are some great 3rd party channel strips and console emulators out on the market, some of them free.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Dell Inspiron 15, core i7, 16GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mackie MR5 Mark 1 speakers
Jeff Evans
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 21:04:53 (permalink)
Yes, you can send bank and program change commands. See here:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210040493-MIDI-Bank-Program-Change-External-MIDI-Hardware-Devices-

It is the patch names that are not supported. i.e. instrument definitions. It does not worry me because if you are serious about using hardware synths you should know what patches you have loaded into any memory at any time. One should not in fact have the same sounds in your synths all the time.  You should be loading up many banks/sounds into the synth memories and auditioning and using sounds from any other stored banks you may have. e.g. My Roland JD800 only holds 64 patches but I have got like 3000 sounds for it.

jackroller
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 21:38:32 (permalink)
I downloaded the demo and found that MIDI setup for me was easier than in Splat.  I have an MPK61, M-AUDIO Axiom 25, and a Yamaha CVP-204 and I was able to get them up and running in no time.  One thing that caught me off-guard was the checklist in the instrument setup window is used to exclude things.  So if like me you naturally checked all the items, your knobs and faders won't do anything.  Uncheck the list and everything works fine.

The biggest surprise was that transport controls on my MPK were automatically mapped and useable.  Sonar never did that.  I had to use the Generic Surface and manually assign each button via sysex - but maybe I was doing it wrong.

Some of the Cakewalk plugins seem to work, some don't, so I'm assuming there's a mixed bag of license agreements there.  No more built in SPK Bus compressor or console emulator.  :( 

I'm torn on whether to take advantage of the sale price.  There are still a few more hours before it expires.  

MOTU 896mk3
Win 10 x64, Intel 5820k 4.0Ghz, MSI x99a Krait Mobo, 32GB RAM, JBOD from Hell.  
PAL Music
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 22:07:40 (permalink)
This posted offer looks pretty good. http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m3696884.aspx#3696884
Sylvan
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 22:18:08 (permalink)
Jeff Evans

This is mainly rubbish. Time to debunk a few myths. I tested 4 DAW's in summing mode only some time back. Logic, Studio One, Sonar and Pro Tools. I maintained pan laws and level settings only. Got perfect nulls with all of them and a room full of experts could not pick one DAW over another. So we have sorted that summing wise now thanks. 

Rubbish huh? First off, you would do well to be a bit more respectful to a new user who is genuinely hoping to have a good experience with Studio One. I hope this rudeness is not the normal behavior of the average veteran Studio One user. This is not a good way to welcome new users to say the least.

Second, just saying that this is a myth doesn't make it a myth. I am prepared to document my test in videos to demonstrate step by step exactly what I am talking about. Now granted, my test did involve 5 mono tracks and one stereo track of live acoustic drums which required the bottom snare mic to be phase flipped, which of course Studio One cannot do without a plugin. SONAR has this built in. It is possible that the Studio One plugin doesn't accurately flip the phase and this could indeed cause a perception of low-end loss. So, tonight I will strip down this test to only include 1 mono kick, 1 mono snare, and 1 stereo overhead track so I won't have to use the phase flipping plugin from Presonus.

I will do one test where the tracks are pre-mixed and will not require any fader movements at all. Just running it through the summing.

I will then do another one where I will do fader movements only, no panning. My goal is to get these results to null. This is really what I am hoping for. If they don't though, lets face the facts and expose it in hopes that it can be improved. I am in with Studio One now, so lets try and get along and help each other out and make Studio One the best it can be.

Jeff Evans
So much mis information has been spread about Studio One in these parts already.  It is way powerful, very deep under the hood, midi wise is excellent and it goes on. The problem is many don't really have a deep understanding of it so you think it can't do most of what you could do but in fact in most cases you can.  It is just a matter of learning it properly and using it everyday.

I have picked Studio One over Cubase, Pro Tools, and Reaper. So I agree it is a very good DAW. I have been learning it and working with it over the last few days and becoming more familiar with it. I do indeed have enough of an understanding to perform these tests. I only say this to say that my tests were not screwed up because I am doing something wrong. I will perform the new tests shortly. It might not be until Wednesday because I have some work to finish up for paying clients (in SONAR.)

I would love to see your test results if you can share them.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Asus X99-AII
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
kson
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 540
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 22:37:34 (permalink)
bokchoyboy
rodreb
Can the track view and console view be displayed on separate monitors in Studio One? I thought I read on one of these threads that you can not split them to two different monitors. This would be a big deal for my preferred workflow.

Very important!!!!

Yes.
jackroller
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 22:41:07 (permalink)
PAL Music
This posted offer looks pretty good. http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m3696884.aspx#3696884

That'll do it.  Thanks for saving me $50.  

MOTU 896mk3
Win 10 x64, Intel 5820k 4.0Ghz, MSI x99a Krait Mobo, 32GB RAM, JBOD from Hell.  
dcmg
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 23:35:53 (permalink)
At that price, I'll buy it and decide if it's my final choice later.
Thanks for all the info.

CWBL/SPlat/Studio One Pro on Win10-64 Bit
Asrock H370 Pro4 w/Intel i7-8700
16GB Adata DDR4 2666 RAM
All SSD's/ On-Board Intel Graphics
Apollo 8 Quad FW/TB, AD2, Trillian, Omni, S-Gear, Waves, Soundtoys, TRacks, 
MicPres: Langevin DVC, Great River, UAD LA610Mk2. 
Dynaudio Monitors, and other stuff.
Sacalait
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 552
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 23:38:52 (permalink)

www.pershingwells.com www.facebook.com/pershingwells
Sonar Platinum, PC- Intel i7-4770K w/16 Gig RAM Windows 8.1, Solid State Drive and eSATA drives, Mytek, RME UFX, RME Multiface II, Roland VS700,  A-Designs Pacifica, UA LA610, Presonus RC500. A-Designs Hammer EQ, DBX, AKG, Neumann, Roland, JBL, Fender, Gibson, G&L, Marshall, Korg, Martin, Shure, Electrovoice, Yamaha, Chameleon Labs comps.
hbarton
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/27 23:53:25 (permalink)
Not sure if you have had a chance to play around with the Control Link function in SO, but here is a good intro video by Johnnie Geib (Home Studio Trainer). If some knobs or buttons on your controller are not working, or you want to remap them, this will help. The feature is quite powerful and, I would say a whole lot easier the SPLAT's process. Note that once you set up the control link function for a plugin, SO will remember the settings next time you use it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG76UEQqcuI

Take care,
h
Ken Matson
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/28 00:04:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ionian 2017/11/28 08:18:25
well this was cool - just did a Melodyne session in SO - Fly Me to the Moon vocal over a karaoke track. Did all my normal Melodyne editing - worked perfectly and smoothly. Then ... I'm giddy about this ... selected the entire clip (the whole vocal track), hit one hot key and it automatically split it into multiple clips -essentially removing the silent areas (per tolerance settings) - created fade ins and out - yes on a Melodyne clip! - and then I could go in and slip edit them to be tighter as needed - yes slip edit - fades - on a Melodyne clip ....
z1812
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/28 00:18:11 (permalink)
Studio One has a sampler called Presence XT. Apparently it has the ability to open EXS, Giga, and Kontakt libraries. Has anyone tried it? If so how well does it work?
emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro 3.5 Thread 2017/11/28 05:36:52 (permalink)
Sylvan, I am reluctant to say this, but I've done dozens of Sonar projects, from 8.5 to Artist. I have mostly used 3rd party plugins and VI's and Kontakt.

I have only done a few little projects in Studio 1, which I just hopped on three days ago. Same boat as you . . .

. . . except my ears are telling me that I like Studio 1's sound a little better. What you are hearing as a "lack of low end" in S1,  I'm hearing as "clearer and cleaner up top" . . . interesting, huh?

If there really is no difference in "summing engines" - then perhaps there IS a difference in how the different DAW's react to and interact with third party plugins.

In other words, maybe an instance of a Superior Drummer or a particular QL Spaces reverb is handled better by a given DAW, and therefore sounds better or different in S1 than it did coming out of Sonar.

Or vice versa.

One can discuss "parity" in summing engines, but there's still the variables in what is being summed. Just an idea.

Whenever I mix Sonar (I only have Artist) I continually feel as if I'm fighting to keep a layer of cheesecloth off of the speakers. Something between me and the sound. I haven't noticed this as of yet with S1.

good luck!
-Tom

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1