Helpful ReplySome observations about StudioOne 3

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 02:45:36 (permalink)
cparmerlee
With StudioOne, I hit export and that's what happens. No muss, no fuss, and no lengthy explanations of why I didn't set my options just right.

I set up presets for all my export options, saves me a ton of time. And the export options with Mix Recall are fantastic. If the tradeoff is having to drag across a timeline before hitting Export, I can cope.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 02:55:11 (permalink)
IMO, an export option to have the time honor a pair of markers would make things really simple.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Anderton
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 03:51:53 (permalink)
cparmerlee
With StudioOne, I hit export and that's what happens. No muss, no fuss, and no lengthy explanations of why I didn't set my options just right.

I don't think you're telling the whole story. Studio One is no different from SONAR: You have to specify the time over which it should export.

The only difference is that SOP sets a song length when you start, which defaults to 5 minutes. So it places an End marker automatically at 5 minutes. 

If you choose to mixdown something that's only two minutes, then you'll still export 5 minutes. That's a lot of wasted space. So, you need to move the end marker and specify an ending time if you don't want that to happen. Yes, you have to drag in the timeline to specify the region you want exported. You have to locate and drag a specific marker instead of just dragging, but you're still dragging in the timeline to set the end point where you want the export to end.

Furthermore, if the reverb extends past the End marker, it is not true the tail will be preserved. It will be cut off at the end even if it has another 10 seconds to go. Again, no different from SONAR...if you specify a time in either SOP or SONAR that indicates the end of the song and time-based effects spill over that, the tail will NOT be included in the export. I don't know of any DAW that can, based on analyzing a clip, determine how long a reverb tail will last and intelligently move the end of an export to accommodate it.

If you want the same behavior in SONAR, add a single marker and call it End. Now all you have to do is click in the timeline before the end, and you'll select the song from start to finish - the end you chose, not an arbitrary amount that was either chosen arbitrarily when you opened the project, or which you chose because you estimated how much time your project would take.

My guess is the reason why you think SOP is so easy is because your songs don't last longer than the default song time, you remember to always specify the mixdown to happen between the start and end points, and you have nothing where reverb or delay extends over the end point. Violate any of those, and you'll have the same issues as SONAR. Add an End marker in SONAR, and assuming you don't have other markers prior to it you'll have the same basic results as SOP. And if there are other markers, then drag in the timeline to specify the end...like you do with SOP.

FYI - when I first hit Export, even though there were clips in the project, there was a dialog that said I had to select a loop region or the start and end markers, because it had defaulted to selecting loop and I hadn't defined a loop yet. So no, you can't always just "hit export." Nor can you choose the various export options SONAR has, which brings up a very important point: with power comes a learning curve.

This is by no means a diss on SOP,  they made the decision to trade off power for simplicity. But because you want simplicity does not mean a program that trades off simplicity for power is any less valid. Some people are willing to study a program and learn it in depth in order to take advantage of that power. As I've said before, there are enough DAWs that there's something for everybody. It's just as meaningless for someone to deride SONAR for offering power as it would be for someone to deride SOP for ease of use. You just need to have your eyes open about what each option entails, and which fits better with your needs.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 05:10:33 (permalink)
BobF
IMO, an export option to have the time honor a pair of markers would make things really simple.

I have been exporting songs from Sonar for as long as there has been a Sonar. I have developed my own way to do an export. If new users need to know how to export the manual is a very good place to start. One thing that seems to have escaped this discussion is the nearly unlimited ways Sonar has to export audio.  A lot depends on how you setup a project.

Best
John
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 07:11:03 (permalink)
Craig, the thing is that you would normally set the beginning and ending markers once and forget about it, as soon as you have your song structure down anyway. Any project of mine might have anywhere between 5 to 15 exports between the initial sketch and the final mix going off to mastering. That's a lot of dragging on the timeline.

And of course it's not that difficult to press CTRL A of SHIFT CTRL A and drag across the timeline. But it's something very unintuive and sometimes I still mess up. This NEVER happens to me in Ableton, nor in Logic when I used it more.
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 10:03:45 (permalink)
It's sometimes quicker to open the Markers view and just click/drag between the first & last marker.

Obviously the more markers you have in a given project you'll be adding a few extra milliseconds to get the selection you want, but it's worth trying.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
BobF
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 13:13:03 (permalink)
John
BobF

I have been exporting songs from Sonar for as long as there has been a Sonar. I have developed my own way to do an export. If new users need to know how to export the manual is a very good place to start. One thing that seems to have escaped this discussion is the nearly unlimited ways Sonar has to export audio.  A lot depends on how you setup a project.

... and I've been right there with you. 

Bob  --
--

BobF
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 13:16:42 (permalink)
While we're talking about START/END markers and how cool it is that SO3P has them, we should talk about other cool markers.  For example, separate loop and punch markers.  I use loops with a smaller punch region inside quite a bit.  To me it's very handy.  SONAR has them, SO3P doesn't.

Does everybody feel warmer and fuzzier now? 

Bob  --
--

Anderton
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 13:27:08 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
Craig, the thing is that you would normally set the beginning and ending markers once and forget about it, as soon as you have your song structure down anyway. Any project of mine might have anywhere between 5 to 15 exports between the initial sketch and the final mix going off to mastering. That's a lot of dragging on the timeline.

As I mentioned, in SONAR you can designate one marker as an end marker, and one click in the timeline selects the region to export, from the start to that marker. That's not a lot of dragging on the timeline. In fact it involves no dragging on the timeline.

I feel it's silly to get hung up on this kind of thing. SONAR has more powerful export options that are more complex. SOP has less powerful export options that less complex. It shouldn't be a revelation to anyone that different software designers make different tradeoffs in the programs they write.

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 13:31:35 (permalink)
cparmerlee
BobF
Does this one do it?

No, I don't believe so.  My understanding is that applies only to the process of bouncing clips. I wish it did apply to the file export process, but I went around on that one a few months back with Sonar support. They said it was never intended to work with export, only with bouncing.
This is the kind of thing that makes Sonar so maddening.  It is a powerful program, but many things seem way too complicated.  Who would ever want the option to not finish the tail, and to dump it at the beginning of the next file exported?  I mean, that is just absurd. Nobody could possibly want such behavior, so why even have an option that has this result? With StudioOne, I hit export and that's what happens. No muss, no fuss, and no lengthy explanations of why I didn't set my options just right.

It's now called "Always Stream Audio Through FX".

Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
. 2017/03/09 13:57:57 (permalink)

post edited by Caa2 - 2017/03/11 12:49:03

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 14:21:05 (permalink)
I have an older version of Studio one and I qualify to upgrade. I'm waiting for Presonus to offer an upgrade deal on SO3. So far those seem to be few and few in between lately.

I like the way the basic UI works to get ideas into the box fast. It doesn't take a new user long to get the basic functions down. It has been said the software sounds good. I think it has a different sound. I'm not into the inner workings, a better summing mixer maybe? 

The project mastering features are really handy.I would love to try the arrangement features in SO3. Export on SO2 was slightly fustrating for me since you need to define markers, either between a loop or start/end. With Sonar you simply export and it stops when the music stops.

Craig brings up a lot of the things they DON'T tell you in the Presonus marketing hype. Sonar already has many things that would either need to be done in other software or bought as an add on in SO3. A similar statement could be said about a few of the things Sonar doesn't have or does differently, however Sonar Platinum has way more than SO3. Any direct comparison feature for feature would show this to be true. A new user might be fine with SO until they need one of those things that Sonar already has. 

Maybe this is simply my lack of skill in using timing correction features, and is one reason I was looking at the SO3 upgrade as an alternative for timing correction. I get frustrated easily with trying to use  groove extraction, line up timing etc. I have a tough time if I have a feature engaged. There's no notification that anything has happened when I use a feature. I read the manual and it doesn't help since most of that goes back to X2. I'll record a take and it might have one or two small places where it needs some attention. In theory it should be easy to do. In practice I'm not getting on well with it at all. I spend more time trying to make the time correction work than if I had just recorded another take. I don't know if this would easier to achieve in SO3?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

dcumpian
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 14:48:13 (permalink)
Starise
It has been said the software sounds good. I think it has a different sound. I'm not into the inner workings, a different summing mixer maybe? 

Fixed it for ya...(just kidding Tim, lol...)

Dan

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:09:47 (permalink)
Anderton
I don't think you're telling the whole story. Studio One is no different from SONAR: You have to specify the time over which it should export.

With SO, you set the markers once and never have to deal with it again.  With Sonar, getting the ruler set right must be done EVERY TIME, and it is like playing whack-a-mole. Everything you click changes the ruler settings.

Maybe I am more dense than the average user, but I just know I waste an awful lot of time with that. IMHO, it is a lousy design that causes the user to have to accommodate the software and not put all the focus on the music.

Anderton
My guess is the reason why you think SOP is so easy is because your songs don't last longer than the default song time,

Not at all..  It just takes one click to set the end marker PERMANENTLY.  It never moves unless I want to move it. This is what makes SONAR so blasted tedious. You have to go back and set the ruler every time.  Or I guess if you are very careful to select nothing, that may work too.  But the ruler keeps changing every time you do just about anything.

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
cparmerlee
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:14:32 (permalink)
dcumpian
It's now called "Always Stream Audio Through FX".

Thanks.  I never would have guessed that one. Mine was set off.  The "play tails" thing was supposedly on by default. It seems maybe this new option is off by default to save CPU/

OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
Anderton
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:29:44 (permalink)
cparmerlee
Anderton

With SO, you set the markers once and never have to deal with it again.  With Sonar, getting the ruler set right must be done EVERY TIME, and it is like playing whack-a-mole. Everything you click changes the ruler settings.

You're acting as if what you're saying is the only way to do select a region in the timeline for export, but you're simply describing the worst way to do this. Re-read what I wrote about setting an end marker in SONAR. It just takes one click prior to exporting. No ruler setting, no dragging. And if you have lots of markers between the start and end so you can't just do the one-click thing, SONAR can snap to the end marker and you just drag to the left.

This is what makes SONAR so blasted tedious. You have to go back and set the ruler every time.

This is simply not true. I don't understand why you have chosen the least efficient way to do what you want. If it's because of unfamiliarity with SONAR, then say so and I'll walk you through the right way to do this in a subsequent post.

Also, if you have reverb that spills over the end marker in SOP, you have to move it. I know you said that SOP will preserve tails, but as far as I can tell it is not true that SOP can automatically shift the end to accommodate reverb or delay spillover. If you've found a way to make this happen, I'd like to know what it is. 

cparmerlee
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:32:04 (permalink)
Starise
Sonar already has many things that would either need to be done in other software or bought as an add on in SO3.

I agree with that. I used the mastering page in SO3 last night for the first time.  The work flow is great, but I found the plug-ins to be relatively primitive. Most of the "go to" plugs like EQ and MB compressor seem to lack the spectrum display, which is pretty much state-of-the-art in all plugs these days.  If I were using SO3 for my own projects, I'd ignore the Presonus plugs and use Izotope or whatever. But in my case, this is a collaboration, so we want to limit ourselves to the Presonus kit.

What I will probably do is use Izotope to get it sounding as good as I can, then try to carry similar settings over to the Presonus plugs manually.

sonocrafters.com
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:34:19 (permalink)
dcumpian
Starise
It has been said the software sounds good. I think it has a different sound. I'm not into the inner workings, a different summing mixer maybe? 

Dan

Summin' like that :)

I kid you not. People say it sounds better. I can tell a difference. I say it sounds different, not necessarily better. It seems to have a softer sound, lends itself to a more glued together feeling at the mix bus. 

When I first heard it I didn't believe it either.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

cparmerlee
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 15:42:22 (permalink)
Anderton
Also, if you have reverb that spills over the end marker in SOP, you have to move it. I know you said that SOP will preserve tails, but as far as I can tell it is not true that SOP can automatically shift the end to accommodate reverb or delay spillover. If you've found a way to make this happen, I'd like to know what it is. 

No, I'm just saying that because most of my work is either editing live recordings or else working with previously tracked material, the songs almost never grow. And I would probably never have a 10-second tail. So if I set the end marker a few seconds beyond the rightmost track, I never have to change it.

I will try the "select none" work flow in Sonar now that I know the option to stop moving the tails to the head of the next file.  That might be easier than what I have been doing.  If that doesn't work, then I guess the next choice is the marker technique you suggested.

It is clear from this discussion that some users see value in all those export options (I do not, but that is just me.) But it is also true that others find the export process quite tedious. This tells me that there is probably a way for Cakewalk to make the default export behavior much more intuitive so as not to drive off people who have not grown up on Sonar.

sonocrafters.com
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 16:06:07 (permalink)
Does Studio One have a Staff View?  I am not planning to change, but I am curious.  I do 80% of my work in Staff View.

Konrad
Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
dcumpian
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 16:06:19 (permalink)
Starise
dcumpian
Starise

Dan

Summin' like that :)

I kid you not. People say it sounds better. I can tell a difference. I say it sounds different, not necessarily better. It seems to have a softer sound, lends itself to a more glued together feeling at the mix bus. 

When I first heard it I didn't believe it either.

I hear you. I just think that you get used to something sounding a certain way, then you hear something different and your ear immediately thinks different=more interesting=better. Over time, if you get used to the "new" sound, when you switch back, the same will likely happen in the other direction. If you mix to a certain specific sound, you can replicate that sound in any modern DAW, no question.

Dan

My music:
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
. 2017/03/09 16:14:50 (permalink)

post edited by Caa2 - 2017/03/11 12:49:29

Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: learn something new every post? 2017/03/09 16:21:41 (permalink)
I've also never been able to one click this. Unless your song starts at 1:1:000 I guess.
Which is almost never convenient.

I can one click between two markers and it selects that range. But I can't then shift click to add other between-marker-ranges. And that's again besides the point. I'm not arguing it's difficult to do any of these things. Just that the selection process is a relatively unnecessary step (at least other DAWs don't need it) and it's too easy to mess up once in a while.
Anderton
Re: learn something new every post? 2017/03/09 16:26:57 (permalink)
Caa2

Re (1), I answered this in post #76.
Re (2), see (1). I don't read every word of every post in every thread, but your question (which I didn't see) got answered anyway.

cparmerlee
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 20:35:26 (permalink)
konradh
Does Studio One have a Staff View?  I am not planning to change, but I am curious.  I do 80% of my work in Staff View.

Not as far as I can tell.  I think you have to buy Notion. But the good news is that Notion is somewhat tightly integrated with SO.  It is certainly more tightly integrated than having to export to MusicXML back and forth, but probably not as tightly integrated as Sonar's staff view.

In other words, I don't think Notion would work as smoothly as using Sonar's staff view for real-time composition. I do not have Notion, so I cannot speak from experience.

sonocrafters.com
SMcNamara
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/09 21:06:17 (permalink)
Anderton
This just underscores my point, often repeated in this forum, that no DAW does everything. So you pick the one that matches your needs the best. For me, that was - and remains - SONAR. 

Very well written exposition regarding using two or more DAWs.  I use Sonar for everything up to mastering, and then take advantange of (or will when I finish this project ) Studio One's mastering page because I've worked with it before and it's very useful.

The one thing I hope Sonar adopts from SOP -- wait, two things -- are the Scratch Pad setup SOP uses (notwithstanding Craig's "Tip of the Week" that allows for a Sonar version) and the Arranger page allowing quick and easy rearranging of song sections.  Otherwise, Sonar has everything I need (until Cubase, or Logic, or SOP or Reaper come up with something we simply can't live without!  ).

Sonar Platinum | Windows 10 64-bit | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 2nd generation 18i20 interface | too many guitars, way too much software  | Presonus Eris 8 Monitors (thinking about a Presonus T8 sub!) 
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/14 09:13:04 (permalink)
Not sure why some are having Export Tails trouble as I don't seem to (in fact my Preferences is set to 0:00), BUT... would bouncing each track with FX applied work?
cparmerlee
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/14 13:30:40 (permalink)
soens
Not sure why some are having Export Tails trouble as I don't seem to (in fact my Preferences is set to 0:00), BUT... would bouncing each track with FX applied work?

If you set the bounce tails option to a time long enough to hold the tail, then bouncing would result in longer clips, and that would make it more likely that the longer time would be included in the export.

But I don't want to do that. I want to preserve my clips without effects so that I can mix it differently if I am not satisfied with the export.  I guess I could keep both sets of tracks, but that sounds like an exporting nightmare to me because then I'd have to remember exactly which tracks to select.

sonocrafters.com
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/14 14:33:33 (permalink)
I downloaded the Studio One demona few days ago (Mac version), really because I thought I'd see what the fuss is about and switch to it if I find it does a better job for me.

Now, bear in mind this is the Mac version and some of my initial impressions may not hold for the Windows version.

The first performance-related thing I noticed is that latency in S1 is worse than I get in either Sonar or Logic at the same buffer/bit depth etc. settings. Not much, but noticable. To get the same latency (actually very slightly less) 64 sample buffers give in Sonar or Logic (which perform equally) I have to drop the buffer to 32 samples. Which does not help cpu usage at all.

I find S1's way of doing many things fairly unintuitive, certainly harder to switch between than Sonar to Logic (or vice versa). I find myself reading the manual for quite basic things I could 'just do' in Sonar/Logic because how to do it was obvious. At least to me.

S1’s plugin management isn't particularly good, it shows the AU, VST and VST3 versions of plugs at the same time without distinguishing between them and duplicates a lot of entries in the list - e.g. Plugin X might be listed three times under the company name 'Plugin Maker' and again under the company 'Plugin Maker Ltd."

I'm not keen on the gui either, though that's a personal preference. Not keen on the meters either.

So far I'm finding it hard work to use and I'm not at all sure I'd want to use it as a main DAW. Having said that for someone new to DAWs it may be more easily understood. But the latency issue is a definite, reproducible downside and I need low latency for DAW-monitoring quite a few tracks at a time.

On the plus side it installed easily enough, it remains to be seen if uninstalling is as simple.

Another plus is that it tells you what the latency each plugin is adding is, which is very useful.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
jpetersen
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re: Some observations about StudioOne 3 2017/03/14 18:34:04 (permalink)
Every now and so often I feel the need to do the next project with S1 because - well, I paid for it, right?

Saturday a singer-songwriter project needed some vocal alignment. For that you need VocaLine - $149 extra.
The project before was a rock band and I needed a drum replacer. Not included.

What I REALLY like about S1 is it names the audio files simply, and puts clips and bounces separately into their own folders...

...Perfect for importing back into Sonar. Ha!
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1