Helpful ReplySonar X3c crashing

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/25 17:35:21 (permalink)
For whatever the worth, if any, I use UAC by choice, and have had no issues with it running.

I believe it helps keep unauthorized manipulation of my system, and for me that far outweighs any hassle caused by my having to click OK when running things.

As a programmer of 38 years, I have some level of understanding as to how easy it is to have an unknown and unwanted application doing things behind the scenes, so I will likely NEVER opt to turn UAC off on any system I have running.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/25 17:43:36 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
AUD.INI is where your Sonar settings are kept.
Bare in mind you should keep a record of your Sonar settings in preferences, or better still just rename the file to keep a record.

Four reasons to do this:

* File got corrupted.
* Your cakewalk settings are invalid (maybe down to an upgrade script going wrong or something) and it's best to start again.
* You wanna see if it makes any difference in a crashing app scenario.
* Fancy a cleanup.

So yes a dodgy AUD.INI could be the cause of crashes as well, nicely pointed out...

Put it this way. I only recently did this on my system. I'd been carrying the same aud.ini through several versions - each one getting a bit bigger with every upgrade.

The newly generated file was about half the size of the original (we're only talking Kilobytes here) and I notice a marked improvement, the whole application just felt a little more robust. I wasn't suffering from any major crashes or freezes, just the odd one now & again, but since the aud.ini file was re-created, the program has felt a lot more solid.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
dappa1
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2949
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/25 17:55:58 (permalink)
Since I have been using an external hard drive yes I get the occasional drop out but it is nothing to worry about everything runs smoothe

Sonar X series 
https://youtu.be/9YNplnhTAZY Steal My Girl
 https://youtu.be/A0VPi_UZmLo Moon & Stars

KRK VXT6 Studio One 3  Main: SPLAT for Lifetime: Formerly known as...
Nothing beats the best!
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/26 19:50:21 (permalink)
Thanks Bristol Jonesey for that tip...for us Drunken mead consumers....LOL

Sir Les

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/26 20:07:56 (permalink)
Hay Robert e Bone

I would say the debate was more in my mind to reduce variables, that may be causing corruption either of  Sonar's installation, or background app interference of Sonar's saves and renders...to a drive.
Turning off UAC/and other security software,... installing legitimate software . Needs no UAC validation or permissions other than the one installing it,...it is not going to burn down the house to turn it off....and once Sonar is installed properly....one can turn them back on, if need be, or leave them off for further testing...of the software's performance

One thing less running in the background...means more Processing to the software and plugins....in the end thought mead/made.
Not saying it will, or won't solve anything...but it is one less variable to consider...if one tries.

But let see what gets posted up. in terms of info or input.

To further ponder pondering this UAC...The pentagon has bee hacked, Nasa has been hacked, military also,  the white house, and other state of union....UAC does nothing to protect anything, if the right hacker hacks the system.

Don't be fooled by the radio,   t.v. , or the magazines, Just remember that its a grand illusion...made by mead.

Sir Les

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/26 20:28:05 (permalink)
> Turning off UAC/and other security software,... installing legitimate software .

I'm glad you are in a position to know what is legitimate software or isn't. Did you know sometimes "legitimate" software on occasion contains malware. Fair enough if you prefer to use "your opinion" (how is this done - mind meld?) rather than actually doing a real check.

For the love of God...study what admin permission do and why you should not grant them to apps without your authorisation. Stop saying over and over again the same thing without doing some reading will you? Educate yourself! Here is yet another link, the Linux equivalent sudo ("SuperUser Do") as you don't trust Microsoft, it's no coincidence that they both do something similar. the people who design operating system security are not idiots (sadly the people who disable thing sort of functionality are):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudo

To further ponder pondering this UAC...The pentagon has bee hacked, Nasa has been hacked, military also,  the white house, and other state of union....UAC does nothing to protect anything, if the right hacker hacks the system.

What a load of baloney, security has many layers. Of course nothing is ever totally secure, on the basis of what you have just said you might as well leave your front door open.

if the right hacker hacks the system.

Most breaking in is opportunistic. e.g. try every door and see which one opens. Your door will open if you haven't locked it. And a burglar alarm might be useful in case that happens. I've know that since I was 13.

BTW since UAC has been introduced the number of Windows Zombie PC's have been considerably reduced.

And if you think this sort of security is irrelevant, again, please give me your PIN number as you don't need it!
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2013/11/26 20:40:18

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/26 20:33:47 (permalink)
Oh let me guess it's 1234 ;)

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 08:45:28 (permalink)
Hi CakeAlexS...Again No disrespect or ill will or name calling...out for the love of....But seeing as you do...I do to.

Well...To answer the question in reverse...How does UAC or any other security feature ,or software,  (that may need updating periodically and continually)...know what is or isn't Malware or such?

If one buys a software from a supposed reputable company (Snicker) such as Roland or Gibson or Avid or propeller head, Steinbug, or whatever....One assumes the responsibility lies on the BUILDER and then _=_" Master owner of the  agreement of use " and of the systems, that bought it to use on his or her or their sytems.  To install it correctly without interruption of that process, would be prudent!....I would assume that is the bottom line with most who do buy such things, that want them to work properly if...and I say IF....If I bought it, I want to use it...and if it needs to work properly...I  should follow some method to make sure it is installed without errors....Period....and UAC is not going to stop that process from it's installing, or  working state, or use there of, on said system with said OS and drivers!!! ... and if it tries to stop some of the code from being written to where or what ever in the OS when installing...that would be sabotage if it does!...CORRUPT SOME OF THE CODE...OR  STOP some of the CODE FROM BEING WRITTEN.
If all I have to do is   "agree to install it with UAC"  ....It stops nothing of your claim of malware from being installed!

God is on my corner too....and his love for me is unmatched...Cause I am not like the others!...LOL

Admin?...I do not have countless users and accounts on my systems to reck havoc and may ham, nor are they networked together!...I do not need administration if I am the administer!...And Yes I am  here in my domain.
But that is my reality...

Then there is You....and for you it works Your way....Not saying it will work for all...cause if that were so, Black Viper's tips and tricks would be redundant in being....But they are there, because SOME PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS.

Some consumers have no issues with their systems and devices working properly out of the box...BUT SOME DO.......If you visit me...come see the crap work on a un tweaked system, with quality parts installed...and then see how it works on a tweaked one with same quality parts....If you want to, You can try it at home....many have, and they say it works ok now...it's still not perfect...But it ain't crashing for me, and my other software seems to like what Viper suggested...That I have digested so far for my Audio systems...and working ok with other more stable Software to boot to, and is making headway....Finally..?

As I said it is just a variable that should not be overlooked...if one is going to troubleshoot...and security is being used ....as stated By Joyof60...might as well go all the way..turn it all off...I say...and let no stone be unturned.....But that is just me being me.. counting all variables....

And for the love of Marry, Jim, Bob, and Ricky, Sam, and Hector...Let's drop this....and move along.

Enough said?...
post edited by Sir Les - 2013/11/27 08:58:54

robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 09:46:50 (permalink)
It is my observance that when a discussion has already expressed itself to this degree, that there is little likelihood that anyone's position will change, and it ends up at a stalemate.

All we can really do as forum members is to express our beliefs in what we think will benefit someone, and then that person can either choose to implement that set of information or not, and that's just the way it will always be.

So, it would seem that this thread has come to that point, with two opposing thoughts on it all, and it is the system owner who will decide what they believe is best for them.  Further discussion will likely deteriorate between the folks with opposing thoughts, and that would be unfortunate.

I will turn my attention to other matters then - good luck to both sides of the fence on this issue - hope it all works for all.

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 10:11:21 (permalink)
Agreed Bob, rather than spell it out I've linked to several articles explaining why UAC functions the way it does, and even to the Linux equivalent just to show this is mainstream for a purpose. Clearly if those articles had been studied carefully without bias the opinions expressed would have been different (I notice no attempt at discussion about how the functionality actually works, rather what's happening on an observational/user level... i.e. it's just being perceived as an annoying prompt). Regardless I will repeat, should you wish to keep your door unlocked at night that is your choice, but please don't recommend others to do the same, or supply an automated method that will open the door (a utilitity) without warning of the consequences. I notice none of this has anything to do with what the OP was asking about either, how disabling UAC can resolve his issue I have no idea. That is all.

Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 10:18:41 (permalink)
I am not enlightened on the Buffer change up suggestions...or how that works in saving or rendering..???....So please understand my thought process is ignorance of its function...other than to help reduce noise and dropouts.

Here is why.
I have been having CPU Spikes, corrupted saves of projects, and clicks and pops, and drop outs since x2 .(supposedly corrupted files)..and now (X3c does not open my old x2 Projects), and still in x3c Another projects has been corrupted :)...working on a old project now in x3c, with high buffer size, X3c runs with less noise and such but still here and there...after tweaking more, and more, and doing the regular update dance.....and swapping out my gaming mouse...it continues on...with my Allen & Heath r 16....and fire wire B Pyro interface, Motu Midi XT...and not too much else...

Some one told me to change the buffer size to a higher one, to counter the clicks and pops and drop outs...on first doing so in Sonar x3c's preferences, the software decided to close up shop, and go on vacation without notification......I maxed it out upon reboot, and had less clicks a pops, But still some drop outs on play back of 16 tracks..SAVED THE CWA....I had to manually load in Audio there after, because the project would not open..

Now the solution mentioned here for Joyof60, says to turn down the buffer size to stop hanging or bad behavior?....If I do this, won't it reintroduce the problems mentioned when rendering at lower Buffer settings into that mixed file made there of?...as I am sure it plays the file through the software engine/plugins when Rendering....right or wrong?.....And if doing so...will sonar go on another vacation in my hood?...and how is this behavior suppose to gratify the user??...

Perhaps installing X3c along side X2a is not a good idea.?..as it seems X3c takes setup info from X2a...

perhaps I might need to wipe it all out and start fresh?...For me....that Aud.ini is looking like a solution...But better yet, a complete uninstall,  of both x2a and x3c, and a reboot, reinstall of x3c only...might prove a better path?

Is that sufficient to say?    ..and so I ask for input on Buffer changes in Sonar or for Sonar...and how does it effect rendering?

In any case more mead will be required...Before and after doing so....

Sir Les

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 10:33:00 (permalink)
Perhaps installing X3c along side X2a is not a good idea.?..as it seems X3c takes setup info from X2a...

This is why SOMETIMES it's a good idea to rename/delete your aud.ini file which may well have lines in it referring to previous version(s) of Sonar.

Sonar will build a new one when launched based purely on the X3 environment

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 11:32:24 (permalink)
Yup....

robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 12:46:25 (permalink)
@Sir Les - can you please describe the nature of one of these projects that will not open in X3?  I am wondering if you have 32-bit plugins present in that project, and if so, I would like to know which ones.

Thanks - I'd like to get a better picture in my head of what is crashing, to better try to help you get past this.

Bob Bone

Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/27 12:54:34 (permalink)
... and check your event viewer ;)
Seriously :)

Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 10:54:56 (permalink)
So far MOST of MY X2a Projects will not open in X3c...and I feel I have corrupted Some tying to open them with X3c...as some now will not open in X2a ...I fear I lost the mixing of them...and will have to import the audio Wavs and do it all over...No 32 bit plugins used...One third party Sasquatch 64 bit is the only one, all other sonar defaults....or channel strip eq.....nothing more.

Yah View the event viewer....oh my look at all the errors.. On my untweaked internet UAC and Security software enabled system.....it is a wonder this stuff works at all....Just saying...More mead Please.

I think I Should not take away from the OP...and I should make my own thread about this issue of Corruption, and put my Audio system online...and Go through the Event viewer and post what I find....

Where oh where is Joyof60... with the info?...Cause I am monitoring this post for comparison and or isolation of the root.
post edited by Sir Les - 2013/11/28 11:18:06

Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 11:14:21 (permalink)
Would suggest starting a new thread Les, we've probably done enough to make the OP run away as fast as possible though ;).

And paste your event viewer errors in that thread from your over tweeked system, also not really understanding the last two lines of your footer, is that up to date?

robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 11:15:31 (permalink)
@Sir Les - can you please please please list any 32-bit plugins present in any of these projects that are not opening?

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 11:24:39 (permalink)
NO 32bit Plugins...I use sonars plugins on the strip or pro channel /eq/compression, and sometimes but not always the warmer and Bverb on some but not all....Sasqutch 64 bit on the kick drum...On the last project saved in X2a...X3c could not open....In that that is all...I do not use Plugins at this point of testing....I removed my uad card and plugins to a new system, I do have EW Play Installed But I have not even gotten to read the instructions on it use...I haven't even gotten into the midi yet....SO this is new, I have about 20 sessions/projects of recording of 16 tracks of audio only.

If you want me to list all the plugins in my vst folders...It will have to wait till I go down to the studio, turn on my internet, and such, and then I can answer more of your questions.
the build I made has a lot of software for music on it...So lots of plug ins I would imagine are present...both 64 and 32 bit...But I ain't using any 32 bit ones in any Projects.

And yes this is rude to take over a thread...Sorry Joy of 60....I will make my way to a new thread....keep an eye out, And thank you CakeAlexS for pointing that out...again sorry if I ruffed any feathers...I'm only learning, and trying to help..at the same time....so forgive me if I trespassed on Holy Ground.

Cheers
Sir Les
post edited by Sir Les - 2013/11/28 11:34:34

Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 11:40:17 (permalink)
All is well Les I have to say you seem like quite an amusing bloke. Just don't mention those three letters ;) Cheers :)

robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 11:45:52 (permalink)
No worries, Sir Les.

Go ahead and create a new thread for this set of issues, and I will keep an eye out for it.

You do not need to list all of your plugins - I was just wondering if there were any 32-bit ones present, as sometimes one or more of these can traumatize a 64-bit Sonar project.  (I keep a VERY small folder of 32-bit plugins I have confidence in available to my 64-bit Sonar, but that's the ONLY ones I allow in).

So, I have to go do rude things to the rear end of a turkey, but later on tonight I will check back and see if I can help you get this figured out.  It sure seems like some local condition that would cause so many problems, as this is certainly not the norm.

I will do my best to help, 

Bob Bone

Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/28 13:57:30 (permalink)
Well Thank you all...I learnt a lot....and I hope I made some smile in good cheer..best wishes...turkey goes great with mead...and berries of choice...

joyof60
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/29 10:44:47 (permalink)
Thanks again guys, sorry I have been out of pocket as it goes to 'pay the bills'. I found the 'event
viewer" and this is an extremely long piece of work. I there a particular log that I be look to address. There are several. would the 'application' log be useful? The IRQ's do not appear 'as far as I can tell' to boast any conflicts at this time. I will attempt to rename the .ini file to rebuild and see if that helps.  I have another question, but as this thread has taken off to strange heights about things that I really am not able to understand, I might post that in a different thread altogether. Did not mean to open a proverbial 'can of worms' here and  I indeed thank all for your support and interest.
read your 'bye' line Alex, hate to see ya go, live long and prosper! 
Les, Mead may be a problem.....not enough of it to stay. Takes a bit of time to make, alas..patience is indeed a virtue!

Joyof60

Sonar Plat., Windows 10 Pro  (64bit), Custom Build,  AMD Rizen 5 @3.95GHz, Assorted HDDs, 32 Gb G.Skill RAM. Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Roland FA08, coupla guitars and misc. mics, cans,  and gadgetry.
lawp
  • Total Posts : 1154
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/29 10:52:18 (permalink)
in the left-side go to "windows Logs" then the "Application" branch, that's where you'll find the gubbins
joyof60
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/29 12:23:04 (permalink)
Can't copy and paste. Don't know how to get it here. 1001 Windows error entries alone. Pretty big file.

Joyof60

Sonar Plat., Windows 10 Pro  (64bit), Custom Build,  AMD Rizen 5 @3.95GHz, Assorted HDDs, 32 Gb G.Skill RAM. Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Roland FA08, coupla guitars and misc. mics, cans,  and gadgetry.
Sir Les
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/29 14:54:34 (permalink)
IRQ conflict report = "start menu" / all programs/Accessories/system tools/ system info/ hardware resource/ conflict sharing...and look at the right hand pane window..and see what shares if anything, and post it up also.

clicking on event errors in event viewer should give you more info in some other pane window which can be copied Ctrl & C is copy, ctrl & v =paste ...open word pad and paste into that,do a bunch of them...and then when you come back...copy the word pad notes to the thread and post.

Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/29 18:37:17 (permalink)

joyof60
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/30 11:51:36 (permalink)
Sorry guys, thought I had replied, will post the files shortly, Thanks so much for your time and patience with this problem. Please understand that neither of these are ever taken for granted. I am indeed in your debt. Thanks again so much, will post files as stated shortly.

Joyof60

joyof60
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/30 12:25:04 (permalink)

These are a bit 'windy' for me. Please advise if this is what was needed from the event viewer. I can post more if need, Now that I know how, Thanks all!
I pray I did this correctly,

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          11/28/2013 3:57:36 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Jams-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: NetSvcHelp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50223ca5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000337a2
Faulting process id: 0x968
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceec201b1ac0c9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Network iControl\NetSvcHelp\NetSvcHelp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 81d54bd6-5813-11e3-8ab9-85e6ddab6668
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-28T09:57:36.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12954</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Jams-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>NetSvcHelp.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
    <Data>50223ca5</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.18247</Data>
    <Data>521ea8e7</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000337a2</Data>
    <Data>968</Data>
    <Data>01ceec201b1ac0c9</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Network iControl\NetSvcHelp\NetSvcHelp.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>81d54bd6-5813-11e3-8ab9-85e6ddab6668</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date:          11/28/2013 3:52:39 AM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: None
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-28T09:52:39.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12899</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/28/2013 2:41:15 AM
Description:
Faulting application name: NetSvcHelp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50223ca5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Fault offset: 0x000337a2
Faulting process id: 0x1070
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceec156e61b986
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Network iControl\NetSvcHelp\NetSvcHelp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d7225559-5808-11e3-a450-df0c327efb26
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-28T08:41:15.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12725</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>NetSvcHelp.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
    <Data>50223ca5</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.18247</Data>
    <Data>521ea8e7</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000337a2</Data>
    <Data>1070</Data>
    <Data>01ceec156e61b986</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Network iControl\NetSvcHelp\NetSvcHelp.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>d7225559-5808-11e3-a450-df0c327efb26</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          11/27/2013 3:19:50 AM
Event ID:      9
Task Category: None
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\WinZip\adxloader.dll.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\WinZip\adxloader.dll.Manifest" on line 2. The manifest file root element must be assembly.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">9</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-27T09:19:50.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12425</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WinZip\adxloader.dll.Manifest</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WinZip\adxloader.dll.Manifest</Data>
    <Data>2</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        Application Hang
Date:          11/23/2013 5:54:46 AM
Event ID:      1002
Task Category: (101)
Description:
The program SONARX3.exe version 20.0.3.223 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1d94
 Start Time: 01cee7ee24064e7e
 Termination Time: 35
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X3\SONARX3.exe
 Report Id: 063ddece-5436-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-23T11:54:46.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12046</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>1d94</Data>
    <Data>01cee7ee24064e7e</Data>
    <Data>35</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X3\SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>063ddece-5436-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e</Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/22/2013 7:27:40 PM
Description:
The program SONARX3.exe version 20.0.3.223 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1e04
 Start Time: 01cee7e96a3bdf28
 Termination Time: 96
 Report Id: 6abb2115-53de-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-23T01:27:40.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12036</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>1e04</Data>
    <Data>01cee7e96a3bdf28</Data>
    <Data>96</Data>
    <Data>6abb2115-53de-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/22/2013 7:07:57 PM
Description:
 Process ID: 1df4
 Start Time: 01cee7b02573f3a8
 Termination Time: 131
 Report Id: 7b260531-53db-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-23T01:07:57.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12034</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>1df4</Data>
    <Data>01cee7b02573f3a8</Data>
    <Data>131</Data>
    <Data>7b260531-53db-11e3-9d99-e3c56a79b25e</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/22/2013 12:10:38 PM
Description:
 Process ID: 2208
 Start Time: 01cee7a36aab5163
 Termination Time: 29
 Report Id: 5ff90b35-53a1-11e3-af71-b62824253b21
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-22T18:10:38.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11942</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>2208</Data>
    <Data>01cee7a36aab5163</Data>
    <Data>29</Data>
    <Data>5ff90b35-53a1-11e3-af71-b62824253b21</Data>
    <Binary>430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/21/2013 11:26:26 PM
Description:
The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7601.17567 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 10ec
 Start Time: 01cee50b639139ed
 Termination Time: 0
 Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
 Report Id: 99e16d7f-5336-11e3-af71-b62824253b21
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-22T05:26:26.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11922</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.17567</Data>
    <Data>10ec</Data>
    <Data>01cee50b639139ed</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>
    <Data>99e16d7f-5336-11e3-af71-b62824253b21</Data>
    <Binary>430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/18/2013 8:39:53 AM
Description:
 Process ID: 1220
 Start Time: 01cee460662e3bb8
 Termination Time: 25
 Report Id: 4288b28d-505f-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-18T14:39:53.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11492</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>1220</Data>
    <Data>01cee460662e3bb8</Data>
    <Data>25</Data>
    <Data>4288b28d-505f-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/18/2013 12:27:56 AM
Description:
 Process ID: 1610
 Start Time: 01cee425f7b3e650
 Termination Time: 31
 Report Id: 89dd85e8-501a-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-18T06:27:56.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11486</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>1610</Data>
    <Data>01cee425f7b3e650</Data>
    <Data>31</Data>
    <Data>89dd85e8-501a-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/18/2013 12:08:09 AM
Description:
Faulting application name: Dropbox.exe, version: 2.4.6.0, time stamp: 0x526842e2
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x1e156323
Faulting process id: 0x1504
Faulting application start time: 0x01cee42300b93822
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jams\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: cb8cad5f-5017-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-18T06:08:09.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11434</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Dropbox.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.4.6.0</Data>
    <Data>526842e2</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>1e156323</Data>
    <Data>1504</Data>
    <Data>01cee42300b93822</Data>
    <Data>C:\Users\Jams\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>cb8cad5f-5017-11e3-9834-fef4d5e4bb27</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/17/2013 10:03:17 PM
Description:
 Process ID: 137c
 Start Time: 01cee3f28df82fd2
 Termination Time: 45
 Report Id: 4e9ab045-5006-11e3-9784-83129670fc27
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-18T04:03:17.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11397</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>137c</Data>
    <Data>01cee3f28df82fd2</Data>
    <Data>45</Data>
    <Data>4e9ab045-5006-11e3-9784-83129670fc27</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          11/17/2013 11:52:32 AM
Description:
 Process ID: 15d4
 Start Time: 01cee3a44c71559e
 Termination Time: 29
 Report Id: 03a48f2d-4fb1-11e3-9954-bc9534ae1179
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-17T17:52:32.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11303</EventRecordID>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>SONARX3.exe</Data>
    <Data>20.0.3.223</Data>
    <Data>15d4</Data>
    <Data>01cee3a44c71559e</Data>
    <Data>29</Data>
    <Data>03a48f2d-4fb1-11e3-9954-bc9534ae1179</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

IRQ's should be forth coming...

Joyof60

Splat
Re: Sonar X3c crashing 2013/11/30 12:50:32 (permalink)
Sadly Sonar is not reporting much which I suspect means it's probably a driver issue somewhere (possibly a plugin but I don't see the evidence).

May I suggest

Remove/reinstall your AI suite software (I hope this is the right link???):
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P8P67&p=1&ft=14&os=29#AI_Suite_II_Patcher.zip

Uninstall and reinstall your interface drivers:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/731/downloads/

Check you've got the latest drivers for your Xenyx:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/Downloads-and-Drivers.aspx

Update your Fantom software everywhere (but probably already up to date):
http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=FANTOM-X8

Run this:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2928792

Disable or remove dropbox.
Go into Add/Remove programs and do a clear out of the app you don't really use any more (google to see if they are essential).

Lastly did you rename your AUD.INI, if not that would be a good idea after you've done all this.

Thanks

Alex
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2013/11/30 13:04:29

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1