LockedUpgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 16:45:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Stone House Studios

ORIGINAL: djjhart@aol.com

Starting July 1st, 2009, when you upgrade to SONAR 8 Studio or SONAR 8 Producer at Cakewalk.com or select music and sound retailers, you will be eligible to download the next paid update to SONAR for free.

WHAT CRAP> so if you been with cakewalk for years and when the new update comes out the person that waited gets a free updates, the customer that is loyal and updates when the updates comes out has to pay full price... PLEASE tell me I am wrong and this is a typo.. If not your company will loss loyal customers and thats just plain F'ed UP...

Get a grip, man.
Did you get your last upgrade at "some specially priced offer?"
If you didn't, shame on you. Cakewalk has always made special upgrade offers that are money off, or come with a book, or a t-shirt, or a cheap buy in to Dim Pro, etc, etc. The value seems to be about $50.00. So what makes you think that this offer will have any more value than that.
Go ahead and argue that the "Buy X and get X+1" deal proves me wrong. Think about it. That's a win win for Cake - old inventory goes away - new inventory has just been purchased. Usually at about a $50.00 dollar break.

Brian

I did not Man I get updates when they first come out.. $180 and when the new version comes out another $180.. Free if you wait till July 1,
Let think this out 8.3 was released when 2 months ago? and that update was the update that actully worked sorta bug free.. So from September to march I had a daw that work LIKE Crap crashing loud screething noise, unable to midi clip copy, Beatscape finally stopped crashing, wann keep going on.. I'm just saying Loyal customers are getting Screwed .. pick up a few new users that are unproficient in that software and stick the dagger in the loyal customers back THANKSSSSSSSS

thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 16:55:03 (permalink)
I don't think it's fair to be upset with Cakewlak for being nice or generous to pull in new customers by offering such deals as this thread has presented.

How can I relate this to you. I'll try this way:

Jesus told a story in the Bible about an employer who went looking for people to work in his field. He found some in the morning and said he would pay them x amount to work til the evening. They agreed. He then found some in the late afternoon and asked them to work in his field: They agreed. At the end of the day, he paid all the workers the same amount of money, but that angered the workers who started working in the morning. So the employer said, did you not agree to work from morning til evening for X amount? I have paid you the amount you agreed to. Why should you be angry because I'm a generous person and have also paid these workers who started in late afternoon the same amount as you?

I see the logic in this story, and I don't think it's fair to be upset with Cakewalk because they are being generous. I agreed to pay the amount I paid when I paid it. Furthermore, for us loyal customers, we still are being considered by Cakewalk as we get the newest release at a low price such as $179 or something like that.

The only thing I'm unclear about is what is meant by a paid update. Does this mean that we will have to pay something for the point updates that we used to get for free? If it means we have to pay for a point update, that would be different from what we are used to, and I think this is what is causing some concern, but it is not neccessarily unfair on the part of Cakewalk, either. I guess we perceive this as Cakewalk used to be nice by having point updates free, but know they aren't being that nice any more,, if they are charging for a point update. But even to charge for a point update doesn't mean they are being unfair. Does it?
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2009/07/04 17:12:01

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 17:00:00 (permalink)
Post Corrected.

Carry on.

Peace
post edited by Jesse G - 2009/07/04 17:53:02

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 18:04:30 (permalink)

Starting July 1st, 2009, when you upgrade to SONAR 8 Studio or SONAR 8 Producer at Cakewalk.com or select music and sound retailers, you will be eligible to download the next paid update to SONAR for free.

WHAT CRAP> so if you been with cakewalk for years and when the new update comes out the person that waited gets a free updates, the customer that is loyal and updates when the updates comes out has to pay full price... PLEASE tell me I am wrong and this is a typo.. If not your company will loss loyal customers and thats just plain F'ed UP...

Get a grip, man.
If you didn't, shame on you. Cakewalk has always made special upgrade offers that are money off, or come with a book, or a t-shirt, or a cheap buy in to Dim Pro, etc, etc. The value seems to be about $50.00. So what makes you think that this offer will have any more value than that.
Go ahead and argue that the "Buy X and get X+1" deal proves me wrong. Think about it. That's a win win for Cake - old inventory goes away - new inventory has just been purchased. Usually at about a $50.00 dollar break.

Brian

I did not Man I get updates when they first come out.. $180 and when the new version comes out another $180.. Free if you wait till July 1,
Let think this out 8.3 was released when 2 months ago? and that update was the update that actully worked sorta bug free.. So from September to march I had a daw that work LIKE Crap crashing loud screething noise, unable to midi clip copy, Beatscape finally stopped crashing, wann keep going on.. I'm just saying Loyal customers are getting Screwed .. pick up a few new users that are unproficient in that software and stick the dagger in the loyal customers back THANKSSSSSSSS

You're still assuming that this offer means that the loyal user is going to have to pay for something that someone else "like another loyal user?" will be getting for free. It is a deal for upgrading/buying now. It's marketing and product moving.
I upgraded to Sonar 8 a month or two ago when it was like $50.00 off or something. Sorry I screwed you. But I didn't get a shirt or a book. Looks like I got screwed too.

Brian

Edit: Reread ad to see that offer is available to new users too. Is it still 400 bucks?
post edited by Stone House Studios - 2009/07/04 18:43:40

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 18:09:43 (permalink)

Let think this out 8.3 was released when 2 months ago? and that update was the update that actully worked sorta bug free..

Does 8.3 work great for you? Yes? Great, no need to buy the paid upate then. Totally optional. Simple.
alkie
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2706
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 18:17:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: keith

ORIGINAL: Urdypooh
ew,

the page clearly states:

SONAR Upgrade offer

There has never been a better time to purchase SONAR 8. Whether you are new to SONAR 8 and buying it for the first time or upgrading from a previous version, you will be eligible to download the next paid update to SONAR absolutely free. Read on for more information and eligibility.

Upgrade and update in the same paragraph.
*I* find that pretty confusing and agree with daveny5 that it means something different....not just in Cakewalk terminology but in IT speak in general.

Every use of the term "update" is preceded with the words "next paid", as in "next paid update". It never says "next version", "next upgrade", "next paid upgrade", "next version upgrade", "next paid version upgrade", or any other combination of the words "next", "paid", "upgrade", and "version".

The only place where "upgrade" is used ambiguously in that text is in the heading "SONAR Upgrade offer". But if you read the text it seems obvious to me that "upgrade" is only used in the context of upgrading older versions to v8. As in: if you've been waiting to upgrade to v8, here's an offer that we hope will help to make up your mind sooner rather than later. And if we didn't make this entirely clear: the economies bad, sales are down, and we need your money now, not later.

Hi keith, sorry it`s gonna seem like i`m picking on you but i`m not... i`m just statin the facts:

at the top it clearly states upgrade now and get the next paid upgrade FREE , and we all agree an upgrade is totally different than an update, so is this a misprint, if so, we`d like to know....wouldn`t we?

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
because he knows the time is short.....
let him who hath understanding.....
reckon the number of the beast.....
for it is a human number...
it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
alkie
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2706
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 18:24:53 (permalink)
Maybe Cakewalk should post all it`s deals at the start of the year,
then we can decide what month we`d rather buy in,
it would stop all this feeling like we got screwed.
But then again we`d just find something else to **** about.
I think some of the best musical inspirations come from this constant ****ing LOL
So really who cares, just go out write a song, post it and enjoy the rewards.

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
because he knows the time is short.....
let him who hath understanding.....
reckon the number of the beast.....
for it is a human number...
it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
LOSANO
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 195
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 19:08:03 (permalink)
So we'll not have Sonar 9 this year?
In that case I will buy S8PE

S7PE, YAMAHA DGX 505, LEXICON OMEGA, CUBASE LEE, TASCAM DP-01FX, ALESIS SR-16, DISTORSION DS-1, Qosmio X775 / i5-2430M / 17.3" / 6GB / 640GB-7200, Alesis MultiMix 8USB, Toshiba -. Akai Professional MPK49 Keyboard USB MIDI Controller Regular, M-Audio FireWire Solo Mobile Audio Interface Regular,  MXL 990/MXL 991 Recording Microphone, Fostex Powered Studio Monitor Pair. MPK49.
thomasabarnes
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 19:45:08 (permalink)
But even to charge for a point update doesn't mean they are being unfair. Does it?

We must be getting tired because no one has yet made the agrument that a software developer company should have an obligation to release a product that fulfils it's advertisement content. So if a software product does not perform as advertised, I feel the company is obligated to release free updates until the product performs as advertised.

Any more thoughts on this?

Lastly. looking at the email posted in post #66 of this thread it says "Upgrade to SONAR 8 and get the next paid upgrade for free."

So the repeated mentions to "paid update" mentioned in the ad of the 1st post in this thread is likely merely a typo that should read "paid upgrade" and not "paid update."
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2009/07/04 19:57:45

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
djjhart@aol.com
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 22:12:38 (permalink)
HERE You Go I GOT IT !!! YOU buy Sonar Once for a set price and UPdates and newer versions are FREE for EVER . LOL...
I hate being the guinnie pig and spending the most to be completely aggravated.. I wish the software was flawless from day 1 , On the back of the software its has system requirements if your system meets these, requirements it should work plain and simple If we were to go to a store and buy products that claims to do something and it fails to do what it claims, what would consumer protection think.. caint they just get it right...
keith
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/04 22:19:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: alkie
Hi keith, sorry it`s gonna seem like i`m picking on you but i`m not... i`m just statin the facts:

[...]

at the top it clearly states upgrade now and get the next paid upgrade FREE , and we all agree an upgrade is totally different than an update, so is this a misprint, if so, we`d like to know....wouldn`t we?

I was referring to the info posted on the website: http://www.cakewalk.com/sonarupgrade/

Dr. Mac
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 618
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 10:25:20 (permalink)
I think you have to go from what has happened in the past. The last several years, this ugrade deal has come around with free upgrades and/or pro-rated incentives starting about this same time (although, it may have been August 1). On the prior N versions, no mention of sonar N+1 was ever released until September. Usually ads and websites leak the information before the announcement and the speculation begins... It seems like the same re-run every single year!

I'll be patient and wait until they are ready to release something. For those Sonar 8 users with their panties in a bunch over the possibility that an 8.5 version will be released as a paid update, I would wait and see what you are going to get. It may be a worthwhile content update with one of their other products bundled in for free.... who knows? In the meantime, I'm still finding new features in Sonar 8 to keep me happy :)

RME FireFace 800, 3.4GHz quad-core AMD-64, 8 Gigs RAM Sonar X2a Producer, Fav. Plugs: Ozone 5 Advanced, Waves, Sonnox, Melodyne, Voxengo, SSL Native, Drumagog 5 Platinum
CakeMaker
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 469
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 15:04:53 (permalink)

Get a grip, man.

Brian

REALLY dude! Every month they have some kind of a different promotion going on... Most folks make the decision to purchase- and do it depending upon when they can afford it and if they like the current promo (because if u don't like it just wait a month, i guarantee there is a better one coming). Folks that have had the program longer are NOT being dissed because they have had the value of having / owning the program for all that time.

Everyone is making it too personal- when its not... its a BUSINESS, and they must do business like a business. If you've been around for a long time- you should know the deal, and know that this is how they do it every year. There is just absolutely NO way around it to make everyone happy. Should they say "don't buy now cuz something better is coming" ?? --of course not! They need sales in order to stay in business. No matter what, there are some folks that are going to be left out. No matter when you purchase, the one that can be guaranteed is that there is a better deal coming later. There always is- You just can not make everyone happy all the time. Just can't.

It's the same thing as a sale in a supermarket- you can't go back a few days later and say "well, the price on turkey is lower now then when I purchased- so I should get the that price cuz I buy all my groceries here" NO of course not, you say -bummer- and move on cuz u've already got your turkey.

Thats life...... it really is.
digimidi
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 496
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 15:11:51 (permalink)
Could it be that, maybe, perhaps, that Cakewalk is not sure what they are going to do? Is it possible that they may be abandoning the old SONAR series, like they did with the PRO AUDIO series, and may start with a completey new name? Maybe it will be called something like AUDIPHONY or SONAR CS like the folks at Adobe did with Photoshop. The numbering IS reaching that magic number of nine or ten. Or, it could be a point upgrade like everybody is saying. Obviously, Cakewalk has heard these posts and may not know what to say yet about their next upgrade release.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left... 
http://daveowenmusic.com/
http://fabulous52s.com/
https://soundcloud.com/daveowenmusic

Sonar Platinum Edition/Cakewalk by BandLab: Dell 8700 XPS i7 16GB RAM, Cyberpower laptop w/8GB RAM/i7/2GB NVidia card/Tascam US1641/Focusrite 18i6/Melodyne Studio 4/Waves Plugs (a lot)/Garritan/EWQL Symphony Silver & Fab 4 and a bunch of other stuff. Studio One 3/Magix Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/Mixcraft 8 Pro/Reaper/Acid Pro 8
CJaysMusic
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30423
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 16:26:59 (permalink)
I think you have to go from what has happened in the past.

If roland didnt own Cakewalk, i would tend to agree with this statement. Things have changed and no one can say if its for the better or worst. There was never a Paid update in past, so im thinking things have changed. I just dont know what they changed to.
Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 16:59:25 (permalink)
And apparently neither does anyone at Cake as none of the bakers has stepped back in to clarify things here.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/05 21:37:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: yorolpal

And apparently neither does anyone at Cake as none of the bakers has stepped back in to clarify things here.

Don't forget that it's a holiday weekend and the Sox are at home . . . .

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
dbmusic
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1150
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 01:16:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thomasabarnes

But even to charge for a point update doesn't mean they are being unfair. Does it?

We must be getting tired because no one has yet made the agrument that a software developer company should have an obligation to release a product that fulfils it's advertisement content. So if a software product does not perform as advertised, I feel the company is obligated to release free updates until the product performs as advertised.

I don't mind paying for new features...but paying for bug fixes, be it an update or upgrade, advertised or unadvertised...gets under my skin.

I understand the line needs to be drawn somewhere. At a certain point, support for a version becomes infeasible and efforts must be placed moving forward. Maybe we should have "software warranties"...if you discover a bug in our software within the first 6 months of release, we promise to fix it for free.

DB Music

SoundClick
OurStage
Marah
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 975
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 03:40:48 (permalink)
We're nearing the end of the era for $400 to $600 entry fees for this kind of software.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread. But new purchasers of Sonar 8 are not only getting the "next paid update" (in fairness, the headline in the mailing was almost surely a typo) for free, they are also getting a $100 rebate.

But it will still be an expensive purchase for the bedroom musician and fledgling DIY recordmaker.
AL 321
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 06:24:56 (permalink)
I have absolutely no problem paying a small amount for a version 8.5.
8.2, 8.3 etc are fixes for the program we already have. Obviously they are free. But if they are giving us brand new features, plugins etc, well that in my opinion is a new version of Sonar, and i'm not going to start complaining because they named it 8.5 instead of 9.
They could have easily padded it out with unnecessary junk, and later released it as version 9, but if they have chosen to give us cut-price version in the form of an 8.5, well then that sounds like an honest and generous move to me.
I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if i'm missing something here.
Not sure what the other issue is about, with new upgraders... i got what i paid for and got what i expected. How Cakewalk decide to treat new customers is between them and the new customers, in my opinion.

Though i must say, seeing all these posts with no official response is pretty lame. They really couldn't log in for 5 minutes and put everyones mind at rest? Not nice to see.

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 06:45:53 (permalink)
Though i must say, seeing all these posts with no official response is pretty lame. They really couldn't log in for 5 minutes and put everyones mind at rest? Not nice to see.
I am sure they will today. Saturday was our Fourth of July Holiday. It marks the founding of this country. I think most everyone is thinking about anything but work at CW.

Best
John
AL 321
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 06:56:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John

I am sure they will today. Saturday was our Fourth of July Holiday. It marks the founding of this country. I think most everyone is thinking about anything but work at CW.

Yeah fair point.

djjhart@aol.com
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 09:18:15 (permalink)
What other Daw releases new versions every single year?
and 3 or more updates to fix bugs every years, so really how long do you have with a version of Sonar that works flawless, the way it was intended to work. Why Not perfect 1 version, Its begining to look like MS how they abandon ms 2000 and now Vista for 7 ,
is it really fair when your the first to upgrade , you pay the most and your system just dosent work for 5 months and 7 months later you have to pay again Top Dollar for piece of bug infeasted software, that need updates to work. So you go to the grocery store you buy a gallon of milk you bring it home and it expired no good do you throw it out or bring it back to were you bought it,, would the bbb or the consumer protection, or the health department say you bought the spoiled milk it your fault not the ones selling it , there not at fault at all, dose the store owner give you your money back or dose he give you milk that not spoiled ,, or perhaps try this gallon of milk its only a little bad.. anyway you look at there wrong there product dosent not work as intended with the proper requirements as they require, were not in a perfect world but how come there giving us spoiled Milk....
keith
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 09:57:26 (permalink)
Yes... milk and software... exactly equivalent...

It sounds like you want to be an "early adopter" when it comes to software, but you don't want to assume any of the risks of being an early adopter.... wouldn't that be nice!

Maybe you should skip upgrades every other year and buy the latest only after it's been out for 10 months or so?
Teksonik
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 521
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 13:21:01 (permalink)
Well it should be back to business today. Hopefully we'll get some official response from Cakewalk. I sent an e-mail to the "Kate Watt" who started this thread asking for an answer but I'm not sure if they check that account for mails or not.
hellogoodbye
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1343
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 13:27:32 (permalink)
So... no new version this year. I guess the update won't cost that much: normally you can get an upgrade to a new version for 180 dollars and then you get a complete package with dvd's and all: tons of software. This update will be downloadable. The site says 'The next update to SONAR will also be available on DVD for a nominal fee at time of release for those customers with slower connection speeds or who prefer physical media.' So I expect it will be something that's 1 Gb max, maybe (probably) even smaller. And this REALLY is an update that has to be applied to version 8. It won't be a seperate version like 6, 7 or 8 was. (So if your current version is working well, it can get tricky. Normally you'd keep the older version installed, just in case.) So I guess the price will be something between 50 and 75 dollars. It can't be that much more when you compare it to an upgrade to a new full version. And since this deal is on until March 1 2010, it's even possible it won't be released this year.

I'm just guessing, of course... We'll see how far off I am...

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
Check out Soundclick
djjhart@aol.com
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 16:29:17 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: keith

Yes... milk and software... exactly equivalent...

It sounds like you want to be an "early adopter" when it comes to software, but you don't want to assume any of the risks of being an early adopter.... wouldn't that be nice!

Maybe you should skip upgrades every other year and buy the latest only after it's been out for 10 months or so?

No I am not a beta version Tester so what the differance if I update when an OFFICIAL version first comes out or 6 months later .. Dont you think they should of waited to work out all the bugs before releasing it? Ok I had been using version 7 with no major problems , I purchased the new version ,only to completely stop recording due to bug.. weather its today tomorrow or the next day, Your product should do what it claims to under your required , Requirements .. so I the customer is at fault for buying a product that dosnt work correctly , I am idiot for supporting Cakewalk,For staying up with the times.. So the idiots that buy this software when it first comes out are just plan ****s .. Thanks

Its an Awesome program , but with a terrible release and poor support , Sorry to say...
post edited by djjhart@aol.com - 2009/07/06 16:42:18
keith
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 16:46:35 (permalink)

No I am not a beta version Tester so what the differance if I update when an OFFICIAL version first comes out or 6 months later ..

I think you've answered your own question. You've experienced the difference.

Early adopters deal with the pains of being early adopters... whether you were first in line to buy Vista that needs a couple service packs, the new iPhone that you can't find a wireless provider for, a whisper quiet Solid State Drive that slows down over time... uh... the new Coca Cola recipe... those new non-latex condoms they just came out with... whatever.

Think about it. Why is it that every single time I buy version 1.0 of a new piece of software it requires a bunch of patch updates to get it to work properly?!

Can you spot the pattern(s)? (hint: there are two)
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 17:35:35 (permalink)
Well maybe not!

Best
John
thomasabarnes
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/07/06 21:46:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dbmusic

ORIGINAL: thomasabarnes

I don't mind paying for new features...but paying for bug fixes, be it an update or upgrade, advertised or unadvertised...gets under my skin.

I understand the line needs to be drawn somewhere. At a certain point, support for a version becomes infeasible and efforts must be placed moving forward. Maybe we should have "software warranties"...if you discover a bug in our software within the first 6 months of release, we promise to fix it for free.

What you say makes good sense to me.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1