LockedUpgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Author
Brandon Ryan [Roland]
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3458
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/11 07:39:36 (permalink)
Susan G

Hi Brandon-

I don't. I didn't create the quoting system but for me at least it's really dead simple. You just indent - and in fact the proper indention is there for you by default.

Ok, so it's only an issue for Marketing [Cakewalk] and us simple folk! It used to be much easier to follow a thread and quote relevant portions. If you don't believe me, just check out the CH sticky on this.

Edit: It's here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1777486

Thanks-

-Susan
You appear to be many things Susan, but i suspect "simple" is not one of them.

(I hope this is taken in the complimentary fashion in which it is meant)

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/11 13:04:10 (permalink)
Hi Brandon-
Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk]

Susan G

Hi Brandon-

I don't. I didn't create the quoting system but for me at least it's really dead simple. You just indent - and in fact the proper indention is there for you by default.

Ok, so it's only an issue for Marketing [Cakewalk] and us simple folk! It used to be much easier to follow a thread and quote relevant portions. If you don't believe me, just check out the CH sticky on this.

Edit: It's here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1777486

Thanks-

-Susan
You appear to be many things Susan, but i suspect "simple" is not one of them.

(I hope this is taken in the complimentary fashion in which it is meant)
Absolutely, and thank you, sir! It only took me 2 tries to get the quoting right on this one, so I'm getting there!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
ivanSC
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 325
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/11 22:25:20 (permalink)
I for one am still a little nervous that I missed dotting an I or crossing a T when buying my Sonar 8 Studio upgrade....

Guess we just have to wait and see what happens when the next paidupgrade is announced....
MemphisJo
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 594
Re:Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/12 01:56:04 (permalink)
Kate Watt [Cakewalk]

Cakewalk announces a special promotion for SONAR customers!

Purchase or upgrade to SONAR 8 Producer or SONAR 8 Studio at any participating music .......

I got Sonar 8 not too long ago... pretty please??

Hey, I just upgraded to Pro Tools 8, does that count?
(pro tools 101 is killing me)

Hows about if I return all my original Cake discs... Pro Audio 6, Home Studio 7, Professional 8, and Sonar 2 ??? gotta be worth somethin"  (besides years of eye strain and carpal tunnel).

just jokin' !!
post edited by MemphisJo - 2009/09/12 02:03:50

www.soundclick.com/peter-nigel-productions 
Shuttle PC, Mbox2 pro, some guitars and keyboards (with amps and straps etc), Sonar 8 PE plus some other stuff.

kitekrazy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/12 11:24:07 (permalink)
Audiomax

All I can say marketing administrator is that it took until early September to make a concise statement  to clear up something that was stated in August. Comments about the poor handling of the whole 'paid update' business abound on this forum....instead of blaming your customers for their confusion and frustration I suggest you have a subjective and realistic look at how you have handled your promoting of this new version.

If this was your idea of fun then I'd hate to see what it would look like if you wanted to put your cutomer's through a hard time. Also your statement  "we would have made you all wait" smacks of an 'us and them mentality' and consequently reveals somewhat of a negative attitude on your part, so I find it hard to believe you were doing this as some big favour and quote "a bit of fun".

I'm really not interested in geting into a debate about how you sell your product, but when a product is presented to me to purchase I expect to know what it is and when it will be delivered...not much to ask really when there's a zillion other companies out there doing just that!

Excellent post. No one will continue to make money by confusing or pissing people off. Luckily people treat their DAW license as a religion and will follow no matter what direction a company takes them.  You'll still get their money.   What about the people sittin on the fence? Well there's plenty of choices out there.

post edited by kitekrazy - 2009/09/12 11:31:22
kitekrazy
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/12 15:32:18 (permalink)
keith

ORIGINAL: Urdypooh
ew,

the page clearly states:

SONAR Upgrade offer

There has never been a better time to purchase SONAR 8. Whether you are new to SONAR 8 and buying it for the first time or upgrading from a previous version, you will be eligible to download the next paid update to SONAR absolutely free. Read on for more information and eligibility.

Upgrade and update in the same paragraph.
*I* find that pretty confusing and agree with daveny5 that it means something different....not just in Cakewalk terminology but in IT speak in general.

Every use of the term "update" is preceded with the words "next paid", as in "next paid update". It never says "next version", "next upgrade", "next paid upgrade", "next version upgrade", "next paid version upgrade", or any other combination of the words "next", "paid", "upgrade", and "version".

The only place where "upgrade" is used ambiguously in that text is in the heading "SONAR Upgrade offer". But if you read the text it seems obvious to me that "upgrade" is only used in the context of upgrading older versions to v8. As in: if you've been waiting to upgrade to v8, here's an offer that we hope will help to make up your mind sooner rather than later. And if we didn't make this entirely clear: the economies bad, sales are down, and we need your money now, not later.

Seems pretty deceptive to me.  In most circles in the software world, upgrade=new version release, update=point release.  I noticed after 3 emails the word "upgrade" is now changed here (http://www.cakewalk.com/sonarupgrade/) to "update".

I vowed after Sonar 7,  I was thru with Sonar because of the annual upgrade and decided to give Sonar another shot thinking I could try v8 and get 9 for free.   So maybe I missed some fine print somewhere and not getting what I expected.

If there is any software offer by any company where it is any way slightly misleading, they've lost any chance of my loyalty, money and recommendations.
post edited by kitekrazy - 2009/09/12 21:39:12
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/12 15:46:45 (permalink)

Good points you raise Paul.

To me, it would be better to say nothing rather than say something ambiguous.

And I'm afraid so many people have complained about this ambiguity, no amount of explanation by the Bakers will convince me that we're all wrong!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

kitekrazy
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/12 21:52:26 (permalink)
 I guess what would clear it up form me is are those sneak peeks the next paid version of Sonar or are they for Sonar 9?
strikinglyhandsome1
Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7224
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/13 04:31:47 (permalink)
kitekrazy

I guess what would clear it up form me is are those sneak peeks the next paid version of Sonar or are they for Sonar 9?

They are for this next paid update.

Sonar 9 comes out the following week.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/13 08:26:16 (permalink)
strikinglyhandsome1

kitekrazy

They are for this next paid update.

Sonar 9 comes out the following week.

They should mash 'em up and call it SONAR 8.9

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

paulroberts
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/16 05:59:45 (permalink)
Just adding my disgruntled voice. Seemingly like so many others, I feel mislead. I think the confusion lies in the word 'paid'. This would imply a full version upgrade since Sonar, to my knowledge, hasn't charged for a point update ever before. It's also unconventional throughout the software world to do so. I think the ads were deliberately ambiguous. Not good enough Sonar. I'm disappointed.
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
RE: Upgrade to SONAR 8 to Receive a Free Update 2009/09/16 06:09:13 (permalink)
Next paid update is 8.5.1

Cakewalk has said that Sonar 9 will NOT be released untill next year 2010. Probably this will happen next autum 2010 or earliest late spring, summer 2010.

Regards
Freddie

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1