6.2 Update and the FW-1884

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 12
Author
manthe
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 401
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 12:26:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: guitarmikeh

another comment;

regarding Mackie emulation, I would use it, but it even has less functionality than native 1884 mode.

there are great things I like about it though. touch a fader the track is selected. REc enable and SElect , record for that track is enabled, you gotta love that part everything else doesn't even come close to native mode.

Don't forget WAI!! I'd love to have that in the native mode driver!

-manthe

Moonface Studio | Records | Publishing

http://www.moonfacerecords.com

Equipment List - http://moonfacerecords.com/Moonface/Studio_Gear.html
guitarmikeh
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 942
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:00:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: manthe

another comment;

regarding Mackie emulation, I would use it, but it even has less functionality than native 1884 mode.

there are great things I like about it though. touch a fader the track is selected. REc enable and SElect , record for that track is enabled, you gotta love that part everything else doesn't even come close to native mode.

Don't forget WAI!! I'd love to have that in the native mode driver!

that would be great.

I would really like to hear from a Cake rep. regarding this. they may not be able to comment about this problem.

I harbor no ill will towards any man.
guitarmikeh
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:09:55 (permalink)
once again a comment;

I really like Cake, their crew, and their products. I aint going anywhere.

as far as tacam, I like them as far as I can throw the 1884 which aint far.

I can appreciate ACT. they're looking to implement this for the broadest range of controllers. maybe I have to rethink my control surface/interface.

manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:19:02 (permalink)

once again a comment;

I really like Cake, their crew, and their products. I aint going anywhere.

as far as tacam, I like them as far as I can throw the 1884 which aint far.

I can appreciate ACT. they're looking to implement this for the broadest range of controllers. maybe I have to rethink my control surface/interface.

I tend to agree with you. I am NOT at all fond of Tascam, as a company. I ADORE the 1884. It is a great device. To be honest, I weighed my options for a week before I broke down and bought it because of Tascam's sh!tty service. I've owned a few other Tascam devices in the past. None of them have ever had any real issues that required actual technical service (beyond wanting some questions answered...that NEVER got answered!). Ultimately, the strength and features of the 1884 won out and I bought it. Fortunately, this is the only issue I've ever had with it and, technically, it isn't really an issue with the 1884 as a device.

I'm not going anywhere either, but I will continue to politely ask all parties to 'pretty please' address these issues!

-manthe

Jay Stephen
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 267
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:20:00 (permalink)
I received a positive response from my contact at Frontier. No promises but they are willing to look at it and dialogue with Cake to seek a resolution.

They do have one very reasonable request;
"In order for that(email feedback) to be productive please ask anyone who does email us to carefully and completely describe the problem, and give us a way to reach them in case there are questions. While I understand the individuals frustration., filtering out emails that are only venting anger only bogs things down.
Better yet, the best thing to do is collect and submit them as a compiled list as you did with your previous email."

Let's face it - no hardware or software developer sets out to make a product that creates problems for its users. These guys are just like us - they are more inclined to want to help people who provide them with issues that are clearly and concisely described and without the angry comments that only clutter and discourage.

Stay tuned.

XP SP1 Home (tweaked)
P4 2.8 HT on P4C800-E
4x512 OCZ Dual Channel DDR
Matrox G450 Dual
10G SCSI O/S
80G SATA Audio
500G SATA Backup
M-Audio Delta 44 -WDM
Pioneer A107D DVD-RW
manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:25:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jay Stephen

I received a positive response from my contact at Frontier. No promises but they are willing to look at it and dialogue with Cake to seek a resolution.

"In order for that(email feedback) to be productive please ask anyone who does email us to carefully and completely describe the problem, and give us a way to reach them in case there are questions. While I understand the individuals frustration., filtering out emails that are only venting anger only bogs things down.
Better yet, the best thing to do is collect and submit them as a compiled list as you did with your previous email."

Let's face it - no hardware or software developer sets out to make a product that creates problems for its users. These guys are just like us - they are more inclined to want to help people who provide them with issues that are clearly and concisely described and without the angry comments that only clutter and discourage.

Stay tuned.

This is fantastic! I've always been and will continue to be polite and productive with any corp. I have contacted about this issue. I've never just vented. I can certainly appreciate Frontier's mentality. I also provide services to clients and it is always way easier to deal with a problem when the emotions are left far out of it. Please let your friend/contact know how much we appreciate their interest. That said, could you provide us with an e-mail address or contact that we can address these issues to? Or, is it just the 'general' support e-mail for Frontier?

Thanks!

-manthe

guitarmikeh
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 13:30:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jay Stephen

Stay tuned.

I LOVE YOU thank you, and the Frontier guys so much.

CP
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 693
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 14:29:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: F1Filter

Bad news guys. The ball is in Tascam's court to get this sorted out.

However. I did make it known to both Cake and Tascam about this issue when I attended the NAMM show. The frustrating part of it all was the reaction I got from the Tascam guys. I really am now beating myself over the head for not writing down the name of the guys I spoke to (I was busy running around the show floor covering the expo for 2 sites). But I eventually was tagged off to the guy that is in charge of the computer recording dept for Tascam. When I told him about the issues with the 1884, and Cake's suggestion of using the Mackie emulation mode. His reaction was "WTF??" and then told me: "Obviously they changed the API for S6." He said that should be a pretty easy fix, wrote down something in the notepad he was carrying, shook my hand and then took off.

I'm really hoping that Tascam does come through with this, as I also own a FW-1884. But if they don't come through in the upcoming weeks. I myself will also be looking elsewhere just based on how slow Tascam's support is for issues like this.

The person you spoke with was probably Jeff Laity. He is a good and reputable fellow, and I trust that the situation will be resolved.
Bob Damiano [Cakewalk]
Test Me
  • Total Posts : 693
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 15:28:39 (permalink)
Hi folks,

I have investigated this today and here is what I know so far:

When Control Surfaces were introduced in SONAR 2, there was a flaw in how we asked surfaces to refresh themselves. In SONAR 6.0, this flaw was resolved. The effect was a substantial improvement in efficiency - an important thing because with ACT, people are hooking up multiple surfaces.

The Side-Effect was that there were a couple surface plug-ins (including FW-1884) which were inadvertently relying on this flaw for certain functions. The result was that a bug seemed to appear in 6.0.

I spoke to my contact at Frontier today, and they had already come to the same conclusion. They have addressed the refresh issue and will be providing a new DLL to tascam soon. Of course I can't speak to when this will be available or how, but it does sound like the problem is understood and addressed from an engineering standpoint.

We're sorry for the trouble and we thank you for your patience.

Engineering,
Cakewalk Music Software

LyricInspire.ORG - get your brain un-stuck and write better lyrics

Personal Site
Music, Programming, Studio and SONAR Tutorials
"These bits go to 2"
guitarmikeh
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 15:31:31 (permalink)
Yet, again, another reason why I love Cake so much.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

<stimpy voice> ohhhh I'm so happy ..

manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 15:40:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Bob Damiano [Cakewalk]

Hi folks,

When Control Surfaces were introduced in SONAR 2, there was a flaw in how we asked surfaces to refresh themselves. In SONAR 6.0, this flaw was resolved. The effect was a substantial improvement in efficiency - an important thing because with ACT, people are hooking up multiple surfaces.

The Side-Effect was that there were a couple surface plug-ins (including FW-1884) which were inadvertently relying on this flaw for certain functions. The result was that a bug seemed to appear in 6.0.

I spoke to my contact at Frontier today, and they had already come to the same conclusion. They have addressed the refresh issue and will be providing a new DLL to tascam soon. Of course I can't speak to when this will be available or how, but it does sound like the problem is understood and addressed from an engineering standpoint.

Good GOD almighty you guys ROCK!! Seriously! I was already a customer for life...now I'm going to have to sing your praises on high to others. Maybe a neighborhood, door knocking campaign...."Sir/Madame, are you familiar with the teachings, blessings and miracles of 12-Tones, Cakewalk, SONAR..our saviour?..."

Not really, but that is how satisfied and happy I am. You'll certainly be getting another ~2k in product upgrades from me over the next 8 to 10 years. Maybe I'll buy Dimension Pro now, just to show my appreciation!

Thanks again!

-manthe

hockeyjx
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 839
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 15:56:37 (permalink)
If Frontier wants people to write, I can certainly do that - just let me know.

Anything for some new drivers!
D K
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1237
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 17:07:56 (permalink)

Hi folks,

Now there is my Cakewalk - I knew you guys were in the loop on this - Good news indeed and thanks for staying in the fight for us Bob - We appreciate you and the crew more than you know!

www.ateliersound.com

ADK Custom  I7-2600 K
Win 7 64bit /8 Gig Ram/WD-Seagate Drives(x3)
Sonar 8.5.3 (32bit)/Sonar X3b(64bit)/Pro Tools 9
Lavry Blue/Black Lion Audio Mod Tango 24/RME Hammerfall Multiface II/UAD Duo

bermuda
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2271
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 17:17:47 (permalink)
I will look forward to the development on this !

Thanks

Yes.
mick@itc
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 629
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 18:25:15 (permalink)
thank you thank you thank you....press loop button
Seriously, we really appreciate the feedback from you Bob, its just so much better to know whats actually going on rather than forum members making up stuff!!!

Thanks heaps.

Mick

Mick from Oz. 
HP DV7-3008tx , Sonar 8.5 PE,  Komplete 6, GPO, JABB, Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio & DNA
F1Filter
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 18:57:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: CP

ORIGINAL: F1Filter

Bad news guys. The ball is in Tascam's court to get this sorted out.

However. I did make it known to both Cake and Tascam about this issue when I attended the NAMM show. The frustrating part of it all was the reaction I got from the Tascam guys. I really am now beating myself over the head for not writing down the name of the guys I spoke to (I was busy running around the show floor covering the expo for 2 sites). But I eventually was tagged off to the guy that is in charge of the computer recording dept for Tascam. When I told him about the issues with the 1884, and Cake's suggestion of using the Mackie emulation mode. His reaction was "WTF??" and then told me: "Obviously they changed the API for S6." He said that should be a pretty easy fix, wrote down something in the notepad he was carrying, shook my hand and then took off.

I'm really hoping that Tascam does come through with this, as I also own a FW-1884. But if they don't come through in the upcoming weeks. I myself will also be looking elsewhere just based on how slow Tascam's support is for issues like this.

The person you spoke with was probably Jeff Laity. He is a good and reputable fellow, and I trust that the situation will be resolved.

Thanks for mentioning that name. Because I did a search on Tascams site and looked for a photo of him. While I'm horrible at remembering names, I never forget a face. After looking through a couple of press releases. It wasn't him that I ultimately talked to. But rather Jim Bailey. As shown in the photo of this press release.

thank you thank you thank you....press loop button
Seriously, we really appreciate the feedback from you Bob

+1 on that. I only wish Tascam could be as quick to reply to problems posted on their official forums. Oh wait.....
post edited by F1Filter - 2007/01/30 19:20:16
riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 21:25:16 (permalink)
Outstanding news from Bob at Cakewalk!

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
HeavyTRAFFIK
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 21:38:18 (permalink)

What tremendous news! This seals it that I chose the right DAW software company. (I was *THIS* close to going with Cubase a few years ago. Talk about winning the coin flip!)

I hope this isn't a dumb question, tho. Does the search for a solution for the FW-1884 mean that we FW-1082 users can also be hopeful? Thanks.
seclusion
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 111
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/30 23:03:04 (permalink)
manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 00:48:49 (permalink)
Looks like our forum activities have paid off!!!

I sure am glad we weren't influenced to all run off, in to the shadows and individually address our issues, one at a time to the vendors (as some here have suggested)!

Thanks again Bob and Cakewalk!

-manthe

Keyrick
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 01:00:04 (permalink)
First of all, I am not a power user. I have been using Sonar 4 for the last year and a half and was very pleased with my results. I do about 8 tracks per project, nothing really big. I purchased the Sonar 6 upgrade in early January, and just after NAMM, I downloaded loaded the 6.0.1 Maintenance release. When I first loaded 6.0 I had some issues and ultimately had to delete my Tascam FW-1884 drivers (1.40) and I deleted 6.0 and started over. Everything kinda worked OK after that. My machine, an HP, has a P4, 3.2 GIG processor with 1.5 Meg of RAM and a 200 GB hard drive.

Tonight I downloaded via DSL the 6.2 release. It took about 27 minutes and there were no issues. After the download, it took about 2 minutes to load. Everything works very well. I loaded a song from Sonar 4 and it performed perfectly. The control surface does everything that it did before, which means it doesn't do anything that it didn't do before! The only new feature that I have tried so far is the X-ray window and that is very cool. I wish MS Office had this feature!

Like I say, I'm not a power user like most of you guys and I come here to learn. My experience with this release has been positive so far and I wanted you folks to know that.

Good Luck.

Rick
manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 01:02:48 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Keyrick

First of all, I am not a power user. I have been using Sonar 4 for the last year and a half and was very pleased with my results. I do about 8 tracks per project, nothing really big. I purchased the Sonar 6 upgrade in early January, and just after NAMM, I downloaded loaded the 6.0.1 Maintenance release. When I first loaded 6.0 I had some issues and ultimately had to delete my Tascam FW-1884 drivers (1.40) and I deleted 6.0 and started over. Everything kinda worked OK after that. My machine, an HP, has a P4, 3.2 GIG processor with 1.5 Meg of RAM and a 200 GB hard drive.

Tonight I downloaded via DSL the 6.2 release. It took about 27 minutes and there were no issues. After the download, it took about 2 minutes to load. Everything works very well. I loaded a song from Sonar 4 and it performed perfectly. The control surface does everything that it did before, which means it doesn't do anything that it didn't do before! The only new feature that I have tried so far is the X-ray window and that is very cool. I wish MS Office had this feature!

Like I say, I'm not a power user like most of you guys and I come here to learn. My experience with this release has been positive so far and I wanted you folks to know that.

Good Luck.

Rick

Just an example...

try arming a track using the 1884... (you know, select the track with the 'Sel' button for a given track, then hit the red 'Rec' button)

see what happens...

PS - I believe all of the 6.2 update download issues had to do with the 'mad rush' to DL last night, when it first came out. Things have settled down considerably now!
post edited by manthe - 2007/01/31 01:24:13

-manthe

Keyrick
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 01:21:03 (permalink)
Well, I had a scratch project so I brought it up and selected an unused track (track 3) using the select key. It highlighted the track. I hit the record and play button but I didn't have any thing plugged in. The "R" button on the track did not illuminate and the track started to play. I took my mouse and hit the "R" button, and the program crashed, however it save the track before it crashed.

So yes, there are issues obviously. Come on Tascam and Cakewalk. Lets get this fixed!

Thanks for the info.

Rick
LionSound
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3616
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 01:24:26 (permalink)
Not an 1884 user, but am stoked for those that are. The Bakers prove once again that they listen to and care about their user base. Way to go guys ... now lets hope Frontier/ Teac follows through ;-)

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com
manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 01:47:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: LionSound

Not an 1884 user, but am stoked for those that are. The Bakers prove once again that they listen to and care about their user base. Way to go guys ... now lets hope Frontier/ Teac follows through ;-)

Thanks for the camaraderie! It is just another illustration of what a great company we've invested in!

BTW - Based on your avatar, I assume you use the UAD mastering bundle. How do you like it? I usually try NOT to master my own or other's material. But we all know that sometimes we have to play mastering engineer (unless you actually ARE a mastering engineer, then all due reverence, of course). Anyhow, up 'til now, I've used the Waves mastering bundle. It works fine, but I am not 100% satisfied with the sound I get. It always seems to bright, even when I am not adding any high-end.

Anyhow, I have not purchased or even enabled the demo for the UAD mastering bundle plugs. I plan on trying them out on an upcoming project that I am mixing for an independent artist/band from North Carolina. They are on a very tight budget and they want me to take a stab at mastering it. After the usual disclaimers, they still want me to try. I thought I'd give UAD a go on this one (although, I'm likely to fall back on the Waves LinMB, L3, etc because I am already familiar with it...unless the UAD stuff blows me away and/or is very easy to get what I'm after).

Sorry to go OT, but I was curious!

-manthe

fooman
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1382
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 07:45:23 (permalink)
I own a 1082. I'd like to know exactly what issue is being sorted out here. I read this entire thread and am a bit confused.
Jose7822
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10031
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 10:41:15 (permalink)

I sure am glad we weren't influenced to all run off, in to the shadows and individually address our issues, one at a time to the vendors (as some here have suggested)!

I really was gonna stay out of it, but you just had to go there. I don't know if I'm speaking Japanese here but I was never against you trying to solve your problem. What I was mostly against of was the way some of you did it, i.e. saying bad things about Cakewalk just because they didn't "fix" (I put it in "" because it's not really their fault as you've just found out through Bob) your issue. I'm really glad you guys are getting it solved (seriously) but, hopefully, next time you have something you want fixed don't start complaining about how dissapointed you are at Cakewalk and then start celebrating and praising it. Please, let's not be hypocritical.

I know we want Sonar to be the best it can be, but that just takes time, specially with people going left and right about what they want. So put yoursleves in their shoes and think about all they're going through with soooo many requests from users. Just think about that for a lil bit before going into selfish mode. Anyways, Im out, peace.
guitarmikeh
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 11:13:30 (permalink)
What? are you an idiot?

forget it, I cant be bothered.

mind your own business. I'm pissy today. yet, another person on <ignore>
post edited by guitarmikeh - 2007/01/31 11:35:53

D K
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1237
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 11:18:25 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jose7822

I really was gonna stay out of it, but you just had to go there. I don't know if I'm speaking Japanese here but I was never against you trying to solve your problem. What I was mostly against of was the way some of you did it, i.e. saying bad things about Cakewalk just because they didn't "fix" (I put it in "" because it's not really their fault as you've just found out through Bob) your issue. I'm really glad you guys are getting it solved (seriously) but, hopefully, next time you have something you want fixed don't start complaining about how dissapointed you are at Cakewalk and then start celebrating and praising it. Please, let's not be hypocritical.

I know we want Sonar to be the best it can be, but that just takes time, specially with people going left and right about what they want. So put yoursleves in their shoes and think about all they're going through with soooo many requests from users. Just think about that for a lil bit before going into selfish mode. Anyways, Im out, peace.

Can I ask you a question? - Why are you even on this thread? - I am really not trying to be rude here but I just dont get it.

If you had any background on this issue what so ever - You would understand the frustration and why users here have been vocal about it - Sonar staff have never gotten "upset" with our displeasure about it - If anything they have been sympathetic to our plight.

I dont go into a thread about UAD cards and start spouting off about whose issue it is to get things fixed- why? - because I dont own UAD cards (yet) and therefore could not possibly know the issues well enough to comment. It's been explained to you several times by several people - Cake understands and finally gave us a detailed answer as to why.

Do you use the FW1884? Do you have a good grasp on the issues? Does this problem effect your workflow?

If not then - What is up Man?!!!! Just trying to understand

And FWIW - I've been loyal to Cake since Pro 8 - I think I and others have a fairly decent understanding of how to get certain issues looked at - be it through tech support as has been done -(evidenced in this thread- Did you read it?) and here on the greatest forum for DAW software bar none - and obviously it has been effective - again - I am just trying to get where you are coming from with all this?
post edited by D K - 2007/01/31 11:45:30

www.ateliersound.com

ADK Custom  I7-2600 K
Win 7 64bit /8 Gig Ram/WD-Seagate Drives(x3)
Sonar 8.5.3 (32bit)/Sonar X3b(64bit)/Pro Tools 9
Lavry Blue/Black Lion Audio Mod Tango 24/RME Hammerfall Multiface II/UAD Duo

manthe
RE: 6.2 Update and the FW-1884 2007/01/31 11:32:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jose7822

I really was gonna stay out of it, but you just had to go there. I don't know if I'm speaking Japanese here but I was never against you trying to solve your problem. What I was mostly against of was the way some of you did it, i.e. saying bad things about Cakewalk just because they didn't "fix" (I put it in "" because it's not really their fault as you've just found out through Bob) your issue. I'm really glad you guys are getting it solved (seriously) but, hopefully, next time you have something you want fixed don't start complaining about how disappointed you are at Cakewalk and then start celebrating and praising it. Please, let's not be hypocritical.

Fair enough. But, with all due respect, go back and read your comments, chronologically. It wasn't until your 3rd comment that you said anything close to what you're asserting above. Truthfully, if you go back and read your contributions chronologically, you will clearly see that you came in to this thread and - 1st - made an inaccurate statement about ACT, then proceeded to tell us - "...So go complain to Tascam, for everybody else it seems to be working better so that should give you a hint..." (not exactly polite or supportive, thanks though!). Then in your next post you spend a short paragraph telling us to take our problems elsewhere...off the forum...there we're, "...in the wrong places"

So,...First of all, I never once said anything negative about Cakewalk. Maybe others expressed disappointment, but who cares. Have you ever been disappointed with someone or something you love or like. OF COURSE you have. Why does it make YOU mad if someone else is disappointed with Cakewalk. Perhaps they have every right to be. You know, it seems to me that some people were told that this very issue would be addressed in this patch. Of course, without an official announcement, there would be no reason to get excited. And, I was never told that, so I did not 'expect' it...I only hoped for it. But if I had been told that and it fell through, I would CERTAINLY be upset...and be right in feeling that way. Whoever YOU think is to blame for this is not germane, at all. I know in your mind, the fault lies squarely AWAY from Cakewalk. Whatever, dude. That's not entirely true, but it isn't worth arguing to much. I will say this, if Cakewalk says their implementation of a feature had been broken for many years (which they did) and Frontier said that they were forced to design a work-around for that broken implementation (and they did), why is it all of the sudden everybody ELSES fault when Cakewalk decides to fix their broken code, unannounced? Hmmm...could it be that there is 'blame' to go around to everyone. But, if you'll notice, in this thread you were really the ONLY person talking about blame (or those responding to YOUR threads). The rest of us were talking about solutions, not blame.

In conclusion, it seems like it would have been better for everyone if;

A. You had not jumped into this thread and started telling all of us to take it elsewhere (...and don't say you didn't do that. Go back and read your first 2 posts because, well, you did!)

B. You had not admonished us for expressing our legitimate frustration and disappointment

C. You had not come in here calling us names (hypocrites) for expressing joy and elation at the progress we've made.

-manthe

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 12
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1