Helpful ReplyBig announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 24
Author
urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/15 13:16:14 (permalink)
Any chance the Mac alpha will come earlier than fall? 
My selfish reason why I would like to see that happen:  I work in education.  I have extra time over the summer where I could be using Sonar and submitting bug reports (or allowing analytics to automatically report or whatnot).  Come fall, that extra time dries up.

However, it is more than just educators.  Students, of course, would also have extra time during the summer.  Heck, there a lot of jobs that have slow periods in the summer because of coordinated vacations or whatnot.

If Cake was worried about public complaining by people that don't understand that alphas are alphas (and full of bugs as a matter of course), it could be a private alpha with an non-disclosure agreement or some other protection for Cakewalk.

declan
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/15 13:25:11 (permalink)
musicjohnnie
To all good day,
Just wanted to clarify that 'lifetime' is offered to me. I own pro. The price was 199. After pm to cake found that the price (which I am good until August) was inclusive of bumping me up to splat, then applying the lifetime price. So, 100 to upgrade to plat, then 99 to get lifetime. Still don't need plat, but would be nice to have lifetime on pro which is not available. Don't know why, since pro is carrying forward. But still a great deal. Hope this doesn't add confusion.
MJ

I have a very close friend in your exact situation.  He renewed his Pro about 6 weeks ago, he has zero need for SPLAT and I'm telling him to take this deal.  He's not returning my calls. :-).

I've said this before, but I was not intending to renew SPLAT this year.  I was very happy with what CW did in 2015, but there is this sort of a hollow feeling of spending $99 on something that you can't use yet.  So in my friend's case he's thinking: I'm spending $298 in 4 months for Sonar lifetime updates and for stuff I don't need?

There's a natural gag reflex there that has nothing to do with the offer.   
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/15 15:17:21 (permalink)
declan
musicjohnnie
To all good day,
Just wanted to clarify that 'lifetime' is offered to me. I own pro. The price was 199. After pm to cake found that the price (which I am good until August) was inclusive of bumping me up to splat, then applying the lifetime price. So, 100 to upgrade to plat, then 99 to get lifetime. Still don't need plat, but would be nice to have lifetime on pro which is not available. Don't know why, since pro is carrying forward. But still a great deal. Hope this doesn't add confusion.
MJ

I have a very close friend in your exact situation.  He renewed his Pro about 6 weeks ago, he has zero need for SPLAT and I'm telling him to take this deal.  He's not returning my calls. :-).

I've said this before, but I was not intending to renew SPLAT this year.  I was very happy with what CW did in 2015, but there is this sort of a hollow feeling of spending $99 on something that you can't use yet.  So in my friend's case he's thinking: I'm spending $298 in 4 months for Sonar lifetime updates and for stuff I don't need?

There's a natural gag reflex there that has nothing to do with the offer.   

no one "needs" plat to make music.  However, I'm really curious how just about anyone wouldn't want the extra features Splat provides over Pro, it is really a big jump to make music produections sound more professional easily.  The extra reverbs, better EQ control, the mastering plugs, those are for anyone and any type of music.  If you only record live instruments, the extra VST instruments might not be of value, but even using drum replace could have its place.  

Wouldn't use the Fly Out EQ?  I only see that if they purchased an EQ that cost more than the upgrade would already, and it can be added to every track with a few mouse clicks, controlled in groups thanks to prochannel, ect  
$300 isn't cheap, but if he plans to use it for years - splat offers a lot that pro doesn't...plus you don't have to think about what might develop along the way since you will get it.  
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/15 20:54:27 (permalink)
markoburrows
Both Cowboydan and yourself have convinced me that I am indeed an idiot and unable to communicate clearly. I did say "to convince me to scrap 10 months of investment" by which I mean, I upgraded to the Annual Platinum two months ago and therefore have 10 months to run. In my simple mind that means that if I upgrade again now - I will "waste" the 10 months I have yet to run before my subscription has competed. I am sorry for the confusion.

Without causing further confusion - (and I understand that as an upgrader of only two months and not having renewed that subscription I am not eligible for any discount - that is not where I am coming from), my concern/anxiety/need for clarification comes from the "limited" nature of the offer. August 31st looms and I am a pessimist.

Hi Mark,

>>I did say "to convince me to scrap 10 months of investment" by which I mean, I upgraded to the Annual Platinum two months ago and therefore have 10 months to run. 

Wait, you upgraded with an annual membership this year? Then you are indeed entitled to a discount on the lifetime updates package. Please take a look at the pricing chart on this page
Users who purchased an annual membership upfront this year, get discounted pricing on a lifetime update. In your case instead of paying $199 which a normal Platinum user would pay to purchase a lifetime membership, you will pay only $99. To see your price add this platinum with lifetime updates to your cart. In effect you are paying only the difference for a lifetime membership so you are not "losing" your remaining 10 months of annual membership. Even if we have this same offer next year (which is a big if even I can't answer), you would then be paying $199 at that point. So you aren't losing a dime by investing in lifetime membership today. 

post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2016/06/16 08:25:15

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
markoburrows
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 00:49:54 (permalink)
Dear Mr Borthwick,

Thank you very much for your time. It is kind of you to suggest I get a discount. I have checked the pages as you suggested and logged in to "buy Now". The price I am being offered is £158 (which includes 20% VAT - 'Cause us Europeans like to overtax ourselves) and at current-ish exchange rates that works out about $199.

I have great faith in your systems so I checked my Platinum"registered date" and it is 20/3/2016. I am sure your algorithms have worked correctly and with this date I am unfortunately not eligible for a discount.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I will now go away and stop utilising your valuable time.

Your sincerely

Mark Burrows
hayesf
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 01:21:36 (permalink)
Are you logged in Mark?

Followed the links and says $99 for me.. I purchased lifetime around the same time..

www.unforgivenband.co.uk

Sonar Platinum, Dell windows 10 64bit, intel i7-4770, 12GB ram, 2TB hard drive.  Roland Quad Capture
markoburrows
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 01:38:46 (permalink)
Dear Hayesf,

Good morning, you are up early!#

I would so love to be missing something, but...

Yes, I'm logged in the second link is interesting. I too followed it and it changed my name in the shopping basket to "Noel Borthwick". Whilst I'm sure Mr Borthwick would like me to take him up on his offer, I'm sure he wouldn't want to pay for it....

Best Regards

marko
cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 03:10:48 (permalink)
Noel probably put his name in there to make sure you got the discount that he promised. You cant get anything beter than that.

Danny
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 08:09:01 (permalink)
Haha I saved that link while logged in to my account sorry about that. I removed the link.
However if you indeed purchased an annual membership THIS year you should be eligible for a discount. I will look into why its not showing you the discounted price and get back.

Edit: Our IT folks just checked your record and the price was indeed correct. Since you only purchased an annual for the first time this year your record is not treated as a "renewal" and more like a recent customer in that regard. Therefore you were in the normal price tier. Sorry if it confused you - sometimes discounting terms can get difficult to follow.

post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2016/06/16 11:21:51

Noel Borthwick
Angelo Jannotti
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/16 19:13:45 (permalink)
I have been using Soundforge as an additional editor in Sonar for years. I can't seem to find it in the latest version of Sonar Platinum. I checked the registry and everything appears to be correct. I had it set up so when I select a piece of audio I have the option to tweak it in Soundforge  pro 11 64 bit. Is there anything I can do to have it show up. Thanks -Angelo (Love Sonar!!!)
kday
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/17 15:41:33 (permalink)
Dear Cakewalk

Why is Sonar advertised for for $499 through your email but when it leads me to the Cakewalk website to buy it the price jumps up to $525 dollars?

But then on other websites it's available for $499

But why advertise for $499 when actually it's $525 I don't get it, I had to hold my purchase direct.
post edited by kday - 2016/06/17 20:53:51
townstra
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/18 07:51:58 (permalink)
I told my wife I was planning to upgrade and she handed me her credit card and said happy anniversary!  Good thing I got her a good gift!

Regards,
Tracy
Sonar Platinum, Harrison Mixbus 4, Melodyne 4 Studio, Slate Digital FG-X, ARC 2, Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel I7-4790@3.6ghz, 16 Gb RAM, GeForce GT730, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Behringer ADA8200, Prodipe Ribbon 8 monitors, Prodipe Pro5 monitors, Behringer B2030P monitors, Korg nanokontrol, Korg microKey, Samson Graphite MF8, rack full of channel strips and processors, lots of guitars, basses, and pedals.  www.TracyTowns.com
Frank Harvey
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/18 08:02:43 (permalink)
What a Cool Missus 😎👌
Reggmail
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/18 09:13:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Lanceindastudio 2016/06/25 00:00:24
I must say that in the many years of using Sonar even before X1, regardless of who they have been bought by, they have always been dedicated, fair and honorable. 
I also had some concern that after a year they discontinue ''Sonar platinum'' and have a new ''Sonar Platinum Plus'' or something where your lifetime purchase may no longer apply.
Base on Sonar long standing relationship with many grandfather users, they don't seam to to wan't to ''cut of there nose to spite their face'' in other words, piss off the loyal customers. Sometimes you have to give a little trust, and if they do change the name in the future, Cakewalk will more than likely continue to give the loyal customers incentive to continue to support them, in my opinion. 
Peace & blessings.
TEZ
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/20 22:14:29 (permalink)
Yay!!! It's a very long time, especially towards the end!!!
Mwah
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/21 03:38:20 (permalink)
TEZ
Yay!!! It's a very long time, especially towards the end!!!

Yeah, the heat death of the universe plays hell on the plastic parts of the computer.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, Rev 3.0 • Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3 GHz • 32 GT RAM •  RME Fireface 800 • UAD-2 Octo + Quad + Duo • Windows 10 64bit • Sonar Platinum • Kontakt 5 • Adobe Audition CS6 • (Where ever you go, there you are.)
Frank Harvey
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/21 04:47:16 (permalink)
Well ....... To quote Neil on 'The Young Ones' (Brit. TV Show )....All I can say is "Way out Man"!!!!
adeptus minor
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/23 13:21:24 (permalink)
Well, I went ahead and ordered it. I don't plan on installing it anytime soon because my current setup has been rock solid, but at that price I couldn't resist! Thanks CW :)
MacFurse
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 324
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/24 10:54:36 (permalink)
Reggmail
I must say that in the many years of using Sonar even before X1, regardless of who they have been bought by, they have always been dedicated, fair and honorable. 
I also had some concern that after a year they discontinue ''Sonar platinum'' and have a new ''Sonar Platinum Plus'' or something where your lifetime purchase may no longer apply.
Base on Sonar long standing relationship with many grandfather users, they don't seam to to wan't to ''cut of there nose to spite their face'' in other words, piss off the loyal customers. Sometimes you have to give a little trust, and if they do change the name in the future, Cakewalk will more than likely continue to give the loyal customers incentive to continue to support them, in my opinion. 
Peace & blessings.

As a grandfather user, I have just signed up for life. I wish I had another life to go though. Still have so much music inside trying to get out !!  My concern is not if Cake moves the goal posts, it's whether I last long to consider my life time support a bargain  Only time will tell........

Platinum. i7 4771 3.5ghz. ECU H87 mobo with 3 monitor support. 16gb Ripjaws 1600mhz. Focusrite 18i20. 2 x 250gb Samsung EVO SSD's OP/Programs. 2x1TB Seagate Baracuda sata3 data drives. 200gb sata2 bootable drive for online and downloading only. Seagate 2tb USB 3.0 backup drive.  2x27in monitors. Rode K2 valve mic. Sontronics STC-1 pair. Studio Projects B1 condenser. SM58B. SM57B. Presonus Eureka Preamp.
Alan-Russell
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/24 16:40:14 (permalink)
I.d upgrade in a second if the notation facility of the software got an overhaul closing in on Sibelius but would that be considered CORE?
Alan-Russell
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/24 16:42:36 (permalink)
She's up to something more..woman are always scheming guy..
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/27 10:31:32 (permalink)
Alan-Russell
I.d upgrade in a second if the notation facility of the software got an overhaul closing in on Sibelius but would that be considered CORE?

I'm sure it would be considered core as notation is part of the basic functionality.  But I'd be surprised if an overhaul of the notation is in the super near term future.  

I think it is fair to assume that the majority of users do not use notation with any regularity.   I'd expect to get it an update at some point.  But it might be a while before it reaches the level that is considered the cream of the crop in the industry at a $600+ program that really just focuses on notation.  
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/27 16:02:33 (permalink)
Brian Walton
Alan-Russell

I'm sure it would be considered core as notation is part of the basic functionality.  But I'd be surprised if an overhaul of the notation is in the super near term future.  

I think it is fair to assume that the majority of users do not use notation with any regularity.   I'd expect to get it an update at some point.  But it might be a while before it reaches the level that is considered the cream of the crop in the industry at a $600+ program that really just focuses on notation.  

I would love to have the notation upgraded for more functionality. I often record by ear improvisations on my keyboard, and at times, I have had to print out the notation to figure out just what I've played. Especially when some collaborators have asked me for the chord charts.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Goldbelly
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 09:37:39 (permalink)
I just got Platinum with Lifetime updates a couple of days ago after being a user of Professional.
Fantastic.

I have a few questions which I am confused over though- how come in, "My Membership" page I now have two versions of Sonar?

Sonar Professional- Membership valid through April 17, 2017 You are currently paying annual                       

Sonar Platinum- You will receive lifetime updates for this product forever! 

When I bought Platinum whilst logged in and at my price I assumed the purchase would be upgrading Professional to Platinum but not leaving me with two versions, of which the Professional is still worryingly saying, "You are currently paying annual."

The whole point of signing up for, "With Lifetime updates" for Platinum means I will not be paying annual at all yet -

•   why is Professional still here when I will not be using it now
  •  why is Professional still  saying -   You are currently paying annual   
  •  I see no option to remove the annual notice
  •  Can someone from Cakewalk resolve this please from their end?  
If owning Platinum with the Lifetime updates overrides the other versions it should kind of say otherwise folks will be concerned with an annual pay notice in the account with their other versions. 
Maybe a unique key for each purchase?

I have a feeling many folk that are already on your system are going to be experiencing a similar head scratching moment when they go to upgrade to Platinum.
Suppose is all new these things, just teething problems around the previous subscription/annual model system.

Certainly I would appreciate if that silly notice can be removed as it is no longer relevant.

Very much enjoying the software though!

All the best
&                                  
Many thanks
CedricM
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 10:51:10 (permalink)
200 euros is a lot of upfront money for someone who has sinked a lot already on Sonar for many many years.
How about offering a free payment in three installments or something similar ?
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 11:42:11 (permalink)
CedricM
200 euros is a lot of upfront money for someone who has sinked a lot already on Sonar for many many years.
How about offering a free payment in three installments or something similar ?

Really?

100 euros a year is fine, but 200. Euros for life is a lot?

Being offered updates for life for the cost of two years updates is not a good enough offer - you think Cake should offer an installment plan to sweeten the deal?

I am lost for words - a rare occurrence..

Sonar Platinum
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 12:34:14 (permalink)
Goldbelly
I just got Platinum with Lifetime updates a couple of days ago after being a user of Professional.
Fantastic.

I have a few questions which I am confused over though- how come in, "My Membership" page I now have two versions of Sonar?

Sonar Professional- Membership valid through April 17, 2017 You are currently paying annual                       

Sonar Platinum- You will receive lifetime updates for this product forever! 

This is my assumption and therefore I could be absolutely wrong, but I think since you paid for support of Professional, then you are entitled to used it and receive its updates until April 2017. I assume there is a separate Serial Number for each product (Professional and Platinum) because they are truly separate products.

When your subscription to Professional runs out, you will still be able to use it from that date on, but no longer receive updates. This means you could run Professional on one machine and also run Platinum on a second at the same time if you chose. Maybe that might not be practical to find instances of when you might want to do this, but you will be able to do just that.

When April 2017 comes around I imagine you will not pay for another year of Professional updates, but it will still be useable.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Cakewalk Staff
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 13:01:22 (permalink)
This is correct.

Noel Borthwick
Goldbelly
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/28 17:35:17 (permalink)
Many thanks Larry for your very kind and helpful reply, and Noel too.
Helped my head out a bit- and hopefully will encourage others knowing that it adds a few more options should they want to experiment and so forth further down the line if they have more than one version.
That is right both keys are separate, makes sense now the rationale behind it.

Great stuff.
All the best! 

Frank Harvey
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/07/02 05:16:49 (permalink)
HEY ALREADY..........NOEL HAS CONVINCED ME!!!.........after much enthusiastic CW peer scrutiny of his and his team's product, I am convinced.
MIND YOU............I was comfortably convinced well before (in fact...Years Before)/ prior to  this Well Intentioned 'Lifetime Updates 'Spanish Inquisition' :)
I have lived and breathed CAKEWALK for more years than I can imagine.
These Guys are brilliant and I thank them for passing on their muso/techno gifts.
As a DARE !!.........I have indeed managed to run the original 'Cakewalk Home Studio' on WINDOWS 10. WOW!!!!!
This product is resilient and serves 'WELL' musicians like me and my wife.
I had no reluctance whatsoever to sign up to 'LIFETIME' updates.
Cheers.................Frank Harvey .........Geelong .....Victoria..........Australia :)

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 24
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1