Helpful ReplyBig announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You

Page: << < ..21222324 > Showing page 21 of 24
Author
doncolga
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1519
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/11 14:28:12 (permalink)
Winter solstice 2016 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 5:44 AM on
Wednesday, December 21

All times are in Eastern Time.

HP Z220 Workstation I7 3770, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Multiface II via PCIe, JBL 4326 w/sub, AvanTone MixCubes
Carlo Celuque
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 137
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/13 08:44:21 (permalink)
Hi Sonar friends,

I use Sonar for more than a decade now and love the DAW but I haven`t seem great improvements on the Staff view since my first Cakewalk. Actually it is worst and full of bugs! And I use this view a lot! I am tempted to accept the Platinum Lifetime offer but I don`t use lots of tools of the DAW. I own a X3 Producer version now and, since english is not my native language, I am a little confused about this Platinum4Life offer. Maybe you guys could clarify it for me.

1- Will Sonar X3 Pro stop to be updated? So no more updates will come for this version? If they come, will we have to pay for the updates for the Pro X3?
2- For people who are using the Platinum version migrated from the Producer is there any improvements in the Staff Sheet? Or, is it going to be new updates for this function in the future? Nobody knows!
3- In despite of the staff sheet page issues, I am satisfied with all the others functions of the Pro version and I am not sure I will use any of the Platinum exclusive functions. I would buy the Platinum version 4life if the programmers could fix lots of issues on the Staff sheet page.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/13 12:46:25 (permalink)
Carlo Celuque
Hi Sonar friends,

I use Sonar for more than a decade now and love the DAW but I haven`t seem great improvements on the Staff view since my first Cakewalk. Actually it is worst and full of bugs! And I use this view a lot! I am tempted to accept the Platinum Lifetime offer but I don`t use lots of tools of the DAW. I own a X3 Producer version now and, since english is not my native language, I am a little confused about this Platinum4Life offer. Maybe you guys could clarify it for me.

1- Will Sonar X3 Pro stop to be updated? So no more updates will come for this version? If they come, will we have to pay for the updates for the Pro X3?
2- For people who are using the Platinum version migrated from the Producer is there any improvements in the Staff Sheet? Or, is it going to be new updates for this function in the future? Nobody knows!
3- In despite of the staff sheet page issues, I am satisfied with all the others functions of the Pro version and I am not sure I will use any of the Platinum exclusive functions. I would buy the Platinum version 4life if the programmers could fix lots of issues on the Staff sheet page.

Hi.
1: X3 had its last update with X3e. Since January 2015, SONAR Platinum took over as the new flagship.
These are the new SONAR versions: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions
2: I do not use Staff View, so I cannot comment on that.
3: With the new rolling updates, there are new improvements, bug fixes and (sometimes) features every month so far (Jan 2015, and counting). And with the lifetime updates, who can tell what is implemented down the road.
All the best.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/13 19:28:14 (permalink)
Carlo Celuque
Hi Sonar friends,

as zargg said x3's day of receiving updates are over, x3e will be as good as it gets

i don't use staff view, can't say i have ever even seen it, but, and i may be wrong, but from what i have read i think it has seen a couple of minor updates since platinum began, i believe i have also read that cakewalk have said that at this time it is not a priority. so i guess it's not actually dead yet, but still limping along. also, despite it's reported issue and lack of love over the years, people still seem to say that it is usable and they can get the job done, albeit perhaps not as smoothly and efficiently as they would like. anything is possible in the future i guess.

as to platinum and lifetime updates, not sure what your cost of entry will be, but for me when lifetime updates were released, i got it for $99 or something like that, for me it was a no brainer deal. as good as x3 was, platinum has become arguably much better, it was from the start. regardless of whether or not you use the extra stuff that comes with platinum. which is quite extensive and great value, the other improvements like performance and stability etc would be well worth the upgrade price, not to mention free updates for the life of platinum, exceptional value. you then have the added benefit of having an up to date daw, without the worry of something somewhere down the track no longer functioning for whatever reason. of course there are issue with platinum, you see them posted all the time, but for me and i think the majority it is generally pretty smooth sailing, and if something does go wrong that affects the majority, cakewalk seem to be fairy quick to rectify the problem. you also have the option of rolling back to a previous version of platinum that worked correctly for you, which will solve the problem most of the time, but not all as we have seen recently.

it's up to you, but if you can i would say go for it, you can keep your x3 running along side platinum without issue.

best of luck whichever way you decide to go
Carlo Celuque
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/13 19:43:18 (permalink)
Really thank you for the messages. I have started to use the piano roll view in order to get used to it. I still have some days to decide. All the best and really thank you for the help.
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/19 09:34:40 (permalink)
Well, less than 48 hours left...

Am I the only one counting?

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/19 09:36:42 (permalink)
What happens in 48 hours? End of fall?

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/19 19:39:39 (permalink)
ProjectM
What happens in 48 hours? End of fall?

or perhaps "beginning of the  fall" if those awaiting the mac alpha show their unhappiness should it not materialize on 'time'

in all fairness it's a big undertaking, and i guess they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with regards to saying something about a 'projected' or 'tentative' release time frame, glad it's not me, it would be a tough gig, but i am sure they are use to it by now. it will come when it's ready.
paul jenkins
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/19 20:48:26 (permalink)
yerp

Windows 10, 64 bit, intel core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ......12 gig ram ....Sonar lifetime updates, presonus audiobox 1818 interface, and beringer UFX1604 mixer interface/control surface...... All round musician, multi-instrumentalist/songwriter.....attempting to produce good music.....started on music creator 6 2014, bought sonar 2015....and now invested in lifetime updates......Learning always!!!!Thanx cakewalk and online forum
Carlo Celuque
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/20 08:13:01 (permalink)
As Cakewalk stated: it will last until december 31

LIFETIME UPDATES

Only one month left to get Lifetime Updates!

BUY NOW

Now is your last chance to get your hands on SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates) before they disappear! Lock in Lifetime Updates and you'll receive every future SONAR update, with new fixes, features, and enhancements delivered monthly directly to your Cakewalk Command Center.

Best of all, when you buy SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates), you're immediately eligible for some incredible bundles we've cooked up specially for the 2016 holiday season! But you'd better act fast—Lifetime Updates and our joyous holiday bundles disappear on December 31st!
Rain
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/21 09:16:53 (permalink)
Well, they're officially late. Oh well.. We'll have to wait a bit longer I suppose.

Happy winter solstice, nonetheless.

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/21 09:39:30 (permalink)
happy solstice!

just a sec

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/21 12:17:48 (permalink)
Carlo Celuque
As Cakewalk stated: it will last until december 31

LIFETIME UPDATES

Only one month left to get Lifetime Updates!

BUY NOW

Now is your last chance to get your hands on SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates) before they disappear! Lock in Lifetime Updates and you'll receive every future SONAR update, with new fixes, features, and enhancements delivered monthly directly to your Cakewalk Command Center.

Best of all, when you buy SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates), you're immediately eligible for some incredible bundles we've cooked up specially for the 2016 holiday season! But you'd better act fast—Lifetime Updates and our joyous holiday bundles disappear on December 31st!

Yes the clock is ticking
Here's what I have to say about that ....

I recently took my musical relationship with SONAR to the next level  of commitment .

Cleverbridge stood at the podium & handled the ceremony 

SONAR SPlat ! it's now "you and me kid ".
                                   " Until death do us part " 
                                                       or so it's seems ,it may also mean until 2037 ...whichever one comes first

Kenny                     

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

otnooishphoo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/26 11:16:37 (permalink)
i'd jump on board if i new the mac version was around the corner..

urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 00:50:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2016/12/27 05:46:43
If would be appreciated if Cake could provide an update about the progress of the Mac alpha, given that some of us bought the Lifetime Update Deal in anticipation of that product (raises hand).  If the answer is that it won't be here until next Feb/spring/etc. so be it. The frustrating aspect of this is lack of communication.
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 05:04:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2016/12/27 05:46:05
There is no 'Product'.

The alpha is to gauge support for the project, not a firm commitment that there will be a product.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 05:46:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby awakerman 2016/12/27 09:39:27
mudgel
There is no 'Product'.

The alpha is to gauge support for the project, not a firm commitment that there will be a product.

how can they gauge support if there's no alpha to test?

i think alpha status is clear, rather it's the lack of communication since july is what is being questioned, especially when some users got a license just for the mac alpha, and fall has now been and gone

"Starting in the Fall, please join us in testing out this new frontier for SONAR—and then share your experiences, or find support, in the new SONAR Mac forum." (http://www.cakewalk.com/June-2016 ) and

"I own SONAR Platinum, Professional, or Artist today. If and when SONAR becomes commercially available on OS X, will I need to purchase a new license?
No. You will be provided a new installer for your license of SONAR Artist, Professional, or Platinum. You do not need to purchase a new license." (http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Updates-and-SONAR-OS-X-Alpha-m3429473.aspx )

fingers crossed, it's released before the lifetime offer expires in january

just a sec

urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 11:08:03 (permalink)
mudgel
There is no 'Product'.

You're really gonna to attempt to parse words like that? The alpha is a product under any reasonable definition. They created it. It works to some extent. They showed us of video of it working in July. They titled this thread. Come on.
Zargg
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 11:21:51 (permalink)
urock
mudgel
There is no 'Product'.

You're really gonna to attempt to parse words like that? The alpha is a product under any reasonable definition. They created it. It works to some extent. They showed us of video of it working in July. They titled this thread. Come on.

I agree with Mike on this one. Until it is released, it is not a product.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 11:53:02 (permalink)
Zargg
urock
mudgel
There is no 'Product'.

I agree with Mike on this one. Until it is released, it is not a product.

not a product to buy, but, come on, fall is gone, there's no alpha to test, how to gauge support for the idea of the product? i think it's a fair question... i'm a pc guy, but by fate of family have macs about the place, and am keen to check it out!

just a sec

pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 12:08:28 (permalink)
and to add, cake should just say if it's running late, or even cancelled... that's the point, where's the communication from cakewalk?

just a sec

Zargg
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 12:42:17 (permalink)
pwalpwal
and to add, cake should just say if it's running late, or even cancelled... that's the point, where's the communication from cakewalk?

I agree with this as well. I don't take side There is probably much more to this than I understand.
I guess they will tell us when it / they is / are ready...

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ

pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 13:22:20 (permalink)
Zargg
pwalpwal

I agree with this as well. I don't take side There is probably much more to this than I understand.
I guess they will tell us when it / they is / are ready...

no side-taking implied ;-) :-P

officially cakewalk told us that the alpha would be ready in fall, so now anyone looking forward to this is wondering...

just a sec

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 16:16:57 (permalink)
FWIW ,  I would have Loved it if SONAR for Mac would have landed perfectly just in time for being a much welcomed  gift under my imaginary Christmas tree...

If nothing happens anytime soon regarding SONAR for Mac ...Oh well at least I'm learning Patience

The one thing that I do know for sure is I am a man of my word .

I have always picked and chosen my words wisely because In the past I have had to eat my words numerous times ...

Here's some hard evidence of what may be soon on the menu for both Duke my friendly dog & part time chauffeur... And I ...
                                                           The Clock for SONAR Alpha is ticking
                                                         It will only be a matter of a very short time .
                                                           Then SONAR Alpha for Mac will be here .
                                       Chew time for the boys is on the way

gulp 

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2016/12/27 18:23:53

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

mudgel
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/27 23:13:33 (permalink)
I'm not suggesting anything other than not getting hopes up past the alpha.

It's clear that Cakewalk have very carefully worded all the communiques regarding Sonar Mac OS. It's my understanding that the Sonar alpha will only be available as a free download for evaluation.

In my opinion, It's taken so long since the original announcement without any further updates that there will be one further announcement that it can't be done and the project is cancelled.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Rain
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/28 09:26:43 (permalink)
mudgel
In my opinion, It's taken so long since the original announcement without any further updates that there will be one further announcement that it can't be done and the project is cancelled.

W/o making any assumption, we can at the very least say that things did not go on as planned. So, indeed, cancelation is clearly one of the possibilities. Which is very unfortunate.

I would love to see the project at least reach that Alpha stage, knowing full well that there is no guarantee that an official release of Sonar for Mac would follow.

mudgel
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/29 06:15:15 (permalink)
I'd love nothing more than to see the alpha arrive and Cakewalk go on to develop the full Sonar for Mac OS product thus expanding their market.

But we've had no communication about it since the initial announcement.
I mean if it's taking so long to get to an alpha is there really any hope for a Beta and further on.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/29 06:23:15 (permalink)
i've posted the question in the steam forum, there seems to be better/more official responses there...

just a sec

Zargg
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/29 06:38:34 (permalink)
pwalpwal
i've posted the question in the steam forum, there seems to be better/more official responses there...

What did they say over there? 

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ

pwalpwal
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/29 06:41:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2016/12/29 07:21:45
Zargg
pwalpwal

What did they say over there? 

give seth a chance! i only just posted

just a sec

Page: << < ..21222324 > Showing page 21 of 24
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1