Helpful ReplyBig announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 24
Author
TCfromBN
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/10/05 10:36:35 (permalink)
Anxious for the MacOS version! Ready to pounce on the lifetime updates once there's something tangible to use on my Mac. I had used Sonar for years on my old PC workstation and I'm very much looking forward to using it again in MacOS- It may be my favorite DAW.
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/10/05 21:40:48 (permalink)
I have an OS X SONAR question that is NOT "when". :-)

Cake has always had a pretty great relationship with MS and have been out in front of driver model updates and whatnot. I'm curious if someone from Cake can speak to if they've had any back and forth with Apple about building out this OS X version of SONAR. I reckon it doesn't make a big difference either way, I'm just curious.

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/10/06 15:19:17 (permalink)
...wicked

Cake has always had a pretty great relationship with MS and have been out in front of driver model updates and whatnot. I'm curious if someone from Cake can speak to if they've had any back and forth with Apple about building out this OS X version of SONAR. I reckon it doesn't make a big difference either way, I'm just curious.

I can't speak for Cake, but I know that anyone that does development work on a program with Apple and wants to put the apple logo (say it is a compatible application and all that jazz) has to talk to Apple.  So much so that many people I know that have developed such things get annoyed with the Apple process.  
mikey
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 404
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/10/24 19:15:46 (permalink)
I would assume (yea that's dangerous at times) that Cake knew what kind of relationship they needed to have with Apple before they went down into that rabbit hole.
StephanKim
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/04 04:10:49 (permalink)
My friends waiting for Mac version of SONAR.
They use Logic and says major reason of using Logic is there are no choice. 
also Cubase available on Mac Platform but they says too unstable.
They says "I  want to purchase SONAR if SONAR will release on Mac Platform."
and also said if Mac SONAR can load audio unit plug ins, many Logic users move cross to SONAR.
Very interesting isn't it?

jackn2mpu
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2765
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/04 07:14:01 (permalink)
StephanKim
and also said if Mac SONAR can load audio unit plug ins, many Logic users move cross to SONAR.

That's just wrong that there is no choice for the Mac platform. There's the ubiquitous ProTools as well as the less well known but used by a lot of Hollywood composers Digital Performer (which uses au format plugins). I started on Sonar on Windows and when I needed a new computer I got tired of waiting for CW to do a Mac version which they swore would never happen and went with PT. I then added DP to my arsenal when Avid started with their subscription stupidity and it's been very stable for production work.

I can only hope that if/when MacSonar gets released in final form it supports au format because right now it's crippled with just vst and not even allowing third party plugins. Thankfully I'm still not waiting for a true Mac version of the program I started with.

Jack
Qapla!
mikey
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 404
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/07 13:07:58 (permalink)
Flat statement-> All DAW software should support ALL formats, period. Why own a small empire Toot & Totum, when you could be a Walmart? In fact, if Propellerhead ever wakes up and decides to incorporate and use VST and AU plugins in Reason, then thats the end of all other DAW software as we know it, including Sonar, Cubase, DP9, and maybe even Protools. Of course they would all be run off a Mac... 
jackn2mpu
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/07 17:25:26 (permalink)
mikey
Flat statement-> All DAW software should support ALL formats, period. Why own a small empire Toot & Totum, when you could be a Walmart? In fact, if Propellerhead ever wakes up and decides to incorporate and use VST and AU plugins in Reason, then thats the end of all other DAW software as we know it, including Sonar, Cubase, DP9, and maybe even Protools. Of course they would all be run off a Mac... 

Aw come on - be like Wally World? You do know they screw over their employees every which way but loose right? But back on topic I can see why the Propheads don't support every plugin format out there and it's one word - stability. Reason is the most stable daw s/w I know and I also use PT and DP. But would I use Reason for production work? Not on your nelly. It's fine for certain sounds but as to flexibility and ability to edit and so on - no way. It's the most clunky daw I know of.

But of course - run on a Mac is a must. I've had enough of Windoze to last a lifetime. I only keep a WinXP machine around for Sony CD Architect.

Jack
Qapla!
C Hudson
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 990
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/12 08:48:52 (permalink)

mikey
 I only keep a WinXP machine around for Sony CD Architect.

I run parallels on my mac just for that reason:)

Best

CH
jackn2mpu
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/12 13:20:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rain 2016/11/15 13:55:22
C Hudson

mikey
 I only keep a WinXP machine around for Sony CD Architect.

I run parallels on my mac just for that reason:)

Why would I want to corrupt a perfectly good computer with Microshaft Winblows? It's the old saying 'east is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet'. BTW that old XP machine was the one I did all my Sonar work on until I switched daws.

Jack
Qapla!
markust5775
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/13 18:07:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby TranceCanada 2016/11/15 14:34:18
Sorry for the noob post, I've been using Ableton because I'm on the Mac, can not WAIT for Sonar. Man. Let's get here!
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/14 01:52:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Karyn 2016/11/29 08:12:19
...wicked

Cakewalk have been developing e plugins for Mac OS for about a decade or so. I figure they know what it takes to get on with Apple and develop for the platform.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/15 14:11:58 (permalink)
StephanKim

There are just about as many options on Mac as there are on the PC as most DAWs are now cross platform. Sonar is/was one of the few exceptions, along with Samplitude and FL Studio.

Just about all of them are compatible with AU - Pro Tools and Cubase/Nuendo are the 2 exceptions that come to mind.

As for Logic, your friends statement reflect your friends own interest, nothing more. Logic has a large and very loyal user base (including yours truly) whom I wouldn't expect to massively migrate to Sonar or any other DAW any time soon.

That being said, despite the fact that we have no intention to switch back, some of us are anxious to give Sonar for Mac a try (and finally re-open those old projects).

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
jackn2mpu
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/15 15:39:06 (permalink)
Rain
snippage

Just about all of them are compatible with AU - Pro Tools and Cubase/Nuendo are the 2 exceptions that come to mind.

snippage

That being said, despite the fact that we have no intention to switch back, some of us are anxious to give Sonar for Mac a try (and finally re-open those old projects).

And there are easy solutions for those daws that aren't au or vst compliant - Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. It'll host au or vst or vst3 plugins in just about any daw out there. There's plenty of users out there that do just that in ProTools or Cubendo.

Old Sonar projects - have quite a few (S8P era) around here that old customers would like to have some work done on. For some I've been able to import the Sonar audio into PT or DP and line things up but there are a couple that just don't work all that well. Sonar for Mac - bring it on with a generous allowance for those of us who have purchased Sonar in the long ago past.

Jack
Qapla!
MountainKing
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/20 05:49:04 (permalink)
I didn't go thru this whole thread here since I'm pretty sure that most questions are about the "when" of Sonar Beta or even release candidates. I'm looking foward to this too - of course.

But is there a way of getting into the beta- or alpha-testers team? That would be nice.

Regards Jens

Mac | Logic X | UR28M | ShadowHills MonoGama | JBL LSR 305 | M930 | DT250 | Squier 51 | Ibanez Noodels | Yamaha AC3M | Breedlove D25SR | Cort Action Bass
https://soundcloud.com/stoabach - http://www.butcherfingers.de
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/20 06:50:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MountainKing 2016/11/20 10:53:14
MountainKing
But is there a way of getting into the beta- or alpha-testers team? That would be nice.

once the alpha is released, everyone can test it :-)

we just don't know when that will be - how much more "fall" do we have left? :-D

just a sec

MoodyB
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/20 10:53:31 (permalink)
I currently own a copy of X1 Producer Expanded and plan on buying the lifetime upgrade in about a month or so, when the Xmas cash flow allows it.

My question is can I subscribe to a Platinum monthly membership just now to tinker around with it, then buy the X1 to Platinum Lifetime Updates upgrade at a later date?

Just not sure if having a monthly sub to Platinum would somehow break my upgrade path from X1 Producer?

------------------------ 

------------------------
MoodyB
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/20 11:04:28 (permalink)
Just to reply to myself, after getting a reply from support just now, I can sub to Platinum now & still get the Platinum Lifetime Update at a later date, as long as its before the end of December.

Happy days

------------------------ 

------------------------
urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/21 16:58:16 (permalink)
How about a MAC alpha release this week so that we can play with it over Thanksgiving vacation?

Please....
Brian Walton
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/21 22:09:24 (permalink)
pwalpwal
MountainKing

once the alpha is released, everyone can test it :-)

we just don't know when that will be - how much more "fall" do we have left? :-D

First day of Winter is Dec 21st
mfwmiles
  • Total Posts : 124
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/22 17:43:31 (permalink)
I have been waiting for a call back from support for almost 4 months.  i have been a loyal cakewalk user for 10 years.  I can no longer justify working with these guys.  It is an embarrassment that ANYONE who pays to have ANY kind of support should have to come on to the forum and BEG for a phone call from ANYONE to fix a couple of nagging issues.  I spoke with Mike Lally over a month ago and he was going to get RIGHT back to me with the fix for a couple of things, and he has emailed me ONCE to schedule a phone call that he didn't even show up for.  I hope someone at cake walk will take notice and get back to me after MANY email requests.  I am not asking for anything extraordinary, but this is a trainwreck.

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/mfwmiles
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/24 17:34:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MoodyB 2016/11/30 12:26:35
MoodyB
Just to reply to myself, after getting a reply from support just now, I can sub to Platinum now & still get the Platinum Lifetime Update at a later date, as long as its before the end of December.

Happy days

Just remember to CANCEL your sub or you'll be charged again for it even after buying LTUs.
Mad_Musicologist
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/27 22:55:55 (permalink)
My regular subscription lasts until Aug or even Sep 2017.
In case the very special offer would come again in the festive season 2016, what would happen to the bucks I had spent for the remaining months in 2017? (You bet I wouldn't like to pay twice;-) )
Brian Walton
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/28 17:08:57 (permalink)
Mad_Musicologist
My regular subscription lasts until Aug or even Sep 2017.
In case the very special offer would come again in the festive season 2016, what would happen to the bucks I had spent for the remaining months in 2017? (You bet I wouldn't like to pay twice;-) )

So they made the public announcement for Lifetime updates in June 2016 (this was after the leak of the announcements well before that).  Then you are telling me you proceed to buy a regular subscription 2 or 3 months after that?  

Sorry, your story isn't adding up here.  
Mad_Musicologist
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/11/28 22:45:33 (permalink)
No, man. I had bought my sub before that announcement. I don't have always spare money, but then I had so I thought to "take a chance". I prolonged my sub long before the old one was ending, so it became prolonged as I described. Maybe I should have written that in my first post.
You see, if I had had enough spare bucks in the period until end of Aug. this year, I might even have risked to buy that fine basket. But I didn't. Bad luck. Nevermind.
papacucku
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/03 12:13:48 (permalink)
Sonar for OSX.

Please be careful with this and have a team that is "competition aware"  compare them other Apple based DAWS side by side.   Let us (the cakewalk community) get involved in some active way but not "cluster !@#$" way with the marketing and feedback.

It this is rolled out correctly and you succeed in the areas that distinguish you in the PC App sonar will begin blowing away the competition in the MAC arena. Two areas come to mind.

The community, the support, and they fast feedback and response to customers is hugely unaddressed in that market space.  You guys will KILL!

The other aspect is the unique approach to "tweeks" and small development styles that makes different aspects of sonar intrinsicly niche or "boutique".  Apple users will eat this up!!

So exiting that my usual sidebar conversation about  my favorite DAW "its only for the PC"

will be a thing of the past.
Best of luck

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/07 05:22:25 (permalink)
So fall is pretty much over now, isn't it? ;)

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/07 06:32:09 (permalink)
Not sure I ever saw a year associated with fall.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/07 06:33:27 (permalink)
And that has been my worry too

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
paul jenkins
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/12/09 07:12:04 (permalink)
Oh yes, im a lover of sonar, i began in 2014, bought music creator 6, and then decided to buy Sonar platinum feb 2015, i had not bought sonar this year when my 12months were up.......So the opportunity for lifetime updates was just absolutely irresistable!!!......thanx cakewalk.....and now also on mac........Question is, could i transfer work files between my pc version of sonar with my mates mac version of sonar?

Windows 10, 64 bit, intel core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ......12 gig ram ....Sonar lifetime updates, presonus audiobox 1818 interface, and beringer UFX1604 mixer interface/control surface...... All round musician, multi-instrumentalist/songwriter.....attempting to produce good music.....started on music creator 6 2014, bought sonar 2015....and now invested in lifetime updates......Learning always!!!!Thanx cakewalk and online forum
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 24
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1