Helpful ReplyCakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 9
Author
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:33:45 (permalink)
Yea, this is a Charlie Foxtrot process.  Forum Software tells you pass word does not match when you have typed in only one - I guess the software can foretell the future of bad typos.  I just ignored the problem hints and chugged on.  My biggest problem was the old software wouldn't save any password changes so I was stuck w/ the cakewalk gobbley-gook pw and had an extensive list of them for every time the software changed or my computer was upgraded.  So it was trial and error on the updating the new and improved forum software.  It is all very sad.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:41:20 (permalink)
To follow up my issue with #11...  I was sent a new password (did Ryan trigger this?) and I still can't log in with this password. I tried clearing cache/cookies and using different browsers.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:53:40 (permalink)
AT
Yea, this is a Charlie Foxtrot process.  Forum Software tells you pass word does not match when you have typed in only one - I guess the software can foretell the future of bad typos.  I just ignored the problem hints and chugged on.  My biggest problem was the old software wouldn't save any password changes so I was stuck w/ the cakewalk gobbley-gook pw and had an extensive list of them for every time the software changed or my computer was upgraded.  So it was trial and error on the updating the new and improved forum software.  It is all very sad.

@

Hi, AT. I'm thinking that the script involved with the email/confirm email code may be embedded into the third party forum software because we are still on that system. It might just be a new feature in the software the bakers are taking advantage of to consolidate the databases or whatever (still learning about website administration so I'm just guessing). I have experienced this on other sites where as you enter the initial password (before typing in the confirmation) it will warn you that the passwords don't match. The only difference is that on those other sites when you do type in the correct confirmation the warning goes away. That did not happen here so I'm think it's a forum software glitch and not Cakewalk's fault.

I guess really we gotta ask ourselves whether we want the Bakers spending their time building/coding a website or using this prepackaged software for the forum and dealing with its quirks. It seems to me the guys probably spent a good deal of time learning how to manipulate the software to make this update happen. It is probably in an effort to foil some of the spammers and sock puppets as well as add some extra functionality/integration for the legit users.

All purely speculation on my part though but I do appreciate their efforts. I am right in the middle of studying all this type of thing and good lord is it ever complex. lol

Hope you've been well. Cheers.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:58:29 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
To follow up my issue with #11...  I was sent a new password (did Ryan trigger this?) and I still can't log in with this password. I tried clearing cache/cookies and using different browsers.

Do you mean you can't login to the store? You are here soo... huh? Anyway the "Internet Is Broken" thing usually pops up for me when their servers are getting slammed or they are fiddling with something in the background. Maybe wait a bit and try again. One of my first threads here was me flipping out about that error. lol
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 14:59:18 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

Hi Alex,

I didn't trigger it but anyone can trigger password resets at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password

You'll have to excuse the obvious question, but how are you posting if you're not logged in :)

To clarify for everyone, in case this might be what you're running into, but the "My Store Account" link that brings you to our online store is not currently part of Single Sign On. Could that be what you're running into? Sorry for the confusion if that's the case!

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
garrigus
  • Total Posts : 8599
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:05:00 (permalink)
Hey Ryan,

Nice job! I really like new account layout. Especially how the Products section lists all purchases by name and you can click to reveal more details. It's much more organized this way.

Congrats to you guys and gals at Cakewalk!

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - http://garrigus.com - SONAR X3 Power! - http://garrigus.com/?SonarX3Power
* Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series: http://garrigus.com/?PowerBooks
* Author of the Cakewalk Sonar ProAudioTutor video tutorial series: http://garrigus.com/?ProAudioTutor
* Publisher of the DigiFreq free music technology newsletter: http://www.digifreq.com/
* Publisher of the NewTechReview free consumer technology newsletter: http://www.newtechreview.com/
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:14:27 (permalink)
lol... I'm still not sure where this "My Account" link is (aside from clicking scook's link) but whatevs. Do I need to allow an extra script? I only have the usual two that need to be enabled to use the forum which are the main cakewalk.com domain and googleapis.

Doesn't matter. I'm just being curious. Guess I should go to my other system and log into my store to see what's up there.
Ruben
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 472
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:14:42 (permalink)
Beepster
I guess really we gotta ask ourselves whether we want the Bakers spending their time building/coding a website or using this prepackaged software for the forum and dealing with its quirks. It seems to me the guys probably spent a good deal of time learning how to manipulate the software to make this update happen. It is probably in an effort to foil some of the spammers and sock puppets as well as add some extra functionality/integration for the legit users.

I would doubt that the devs who code Sonar are working on the web forum - a different set of skills and I would guess a different set of folks.

Although I bet that the CW web team have their hands full right now. 

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:25:13 (permalink)
@ruben... I'm sure they do. I however am not noticing any changes at all to either the forum or my store account at the moment. Aside from the little registration process I went through everything is the same and I'm not seeing any of the stuff being mentioned here unless I click on scook's link. Then it just tells me I haven't bought anything.

Weird but hey... I'm cool with that.

I should probably go do some other stuff seeing as how my computers didn't explode and my brain hasn't been sucked out the back of my skull.

Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:28:32 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
CakeAlexS

Hi Alex,

I didn't trigger it but anyone can trigger password resets at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password

You'll have to excuse the obvious question, but how are you posting if you're not logged in :)

To clarify for everyone, in case this might be what you're running into, but the "My Store Account" link that brings you to our online store is not currently part of Single Sign On. Could that be what you're running into? Sorry for the confusion if that's the case!

Ryan I covered all this in post #11, no I can't trigger a password reset and I can only log in via a hyperlink sent to me when account was migrated.

I did get one password sent to me and it will not work on any browser with cookies/cache cleared.

I'll paste to you #11 your convenience please read!  !!!

CakeAlexS
I can authenticate via verification link that was sent to me.
However I can't log in with old password.
I cant change password whilst logged in.
If I click "Lost password" and enter username I get "The internet is broken".

Help I need a password :).
Thanks!

I'm not being stupid here and I've tried logging in everywhere.
 HELP!!!!

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:31:27 (permalink)
Beepster

All purely speculation on my part though but I do appreciate their efforts. I am right in the middle of studying all this type of thing and good lord is it ever complex. lol

Hi Beep,

I should clear this up before we let the speculation go any further.  :)

The reason for this update has everything to do with offering better support for our customers. For example, tying together product ownership (which can come from a variety of places) has been a huge challenge for us in the past. This creates a huge demand on our Customer Service staff when ultimately it shouldn't be hard for people to obtain their products. It's frustrating for both parties. What we're working towards is putting product ownership all in one place for customers. Whether you purchased directly through the Cakewalk store, or through an online-retailer and redeemed a code, or bought a box at a brick and mortar shop, your ownership will all be in once place.

There are also tons of improvements we can offer in the future that I won't go into all of the details on at the moment, but essentially the efforts have everything to do with better support for our customers. This will allow our various websites to run more efficiently and will allow us to roll out new features we've been tossing around for a while. The My Account page is just a start by offering better delivery of our products. 

The forum just happened to be a paradigm we new we could bring into the fold of this new sign on without disrupting everyone too much.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:33:50 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
CakeAlexS

Hi Alex,

Ryan I covered all this in post #11, no I can't trigger a password reset and I can only log in via a hyperlink sent to me when account was migrated.

I did get one password sent to me and it will not work on any browser with cookies/cache cleared.

CakeAlexS

Thanks!

HELP!!!!

Hi Alex,

Can you try manually hitting the logoff page first?

https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Logoff

Then, try using the Password reset?

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:37:38 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
CakeAlexS
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
CakeAlexS

Hi Alex,

CakeAlexS

Thanks!

HELP!!!!

Hi Alex,

Can you try manually hitting the logoff page first?

https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Logoff

Then, try using the Password reset?

Have done so, makes no difference in any browser. Cheers.
I had quite a long password I wonder if it got truncated. Having said that the password emailed to me (somehow) will not work either.

backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:41:36 (permalink)
Testing....

edit: it works (for me) it !@#$ works!!!
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:42:04 (permalink)
CakeAlexS

Have done so, makes no difference in any browser. Cheers.
I had quite a long password I wonder if it got truncated. Having said that the password emailed to me (somehow) will not work either.

Just noticed you sent a PM. Moving to there.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:44:14 (permalink)
Thanks. I think I've identified an issue you need to know about as well unrelated to specific accounts. I'll let you know when you PM me. Ta.

Muziekschuur at home
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1442
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:44:56 (permalink)
Alot happens when you're having a holiday. And you return to find the landlord changed locks....!!

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Windows 7 32bit & 64bit (dualboot) Gigabyte mobo Intel dual quad 9650 & 4GB Ram RME DIGI9636 & Tascam DM24.  M-audio Rbus & SI-24 Alesis Pro active 5.1 & Radford 90 transmissionline monitors. Roland RD-150 piano Edirol UM-880 & alesis fireport.
Remote recording Alesis HD-24 & Phonic MRS 1-20.
P.A. D&R Dayner 29-8-2 & behringer MX8000 (& racks)
Rackpc Sonar Platinum with win10 AMD X6 1055T, 16GB Ram
 Dell inspiron 17R 6gb ram W10 two SSD's Sonar Plat.
Grumbleweed_
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:45:38 (permalink)
Just to say I was having a grim time logging onto the forum using I.E. so I went to Chrome and used the log in version on the right to migrate the account rather than log in as an existing user (as it doesn't know who I am), got an email that had a link that I pasted into the Chrome browser and then got an "Internet Broken" warning.
I pasted the link into I.E. and it worked.
My "new" account lists a lot of products so I guess it all worked out okay  

It is frustrating when you want to ask a question on the forum about logging onto the forum but you can't log onto the forum to ask the question!!!

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:47:18 (permalink)
Thanks for the reply, Ryan and yeah... I shouldn't speculate. Honestly I thought it didn't matter where you got your stuff just as long as you registered it through the site (which AFAIK is required) it would show up in the store account.

Either way, I have no problems as of now (but it is weird I am not seeing the same things others seem to be) and I'm not helping anything so unless anyone specifically needs my input (doubtful) I'll let this thread be. All my stuff seems to be exactly as it was.

Cheers.
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:48:15 (permalink)
grumbleweed4162
Just to say I was having a grim time logging onto the forum using I.E. so I went to Chrome and used the log in version on the right to migrate the account rather than log in as an existing user (as it doesn't know who I am), got an email that had a link that I pasted into the Chrome browser and then got an "Internet Broken" warning.
I pasted the link into I.E. and it worked.
My "new" account lists a lot of products so I guess it all worked out okay  

It is frustrating when you want to ask a question on the forum about logging onto the forum but you can't log onto the forum to ask the question!!!

Grum.

I had no issues with the link supplied via email on IE or Chrome myself. It's the only thing that gets me in right now.

backwoods
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 15:53:03 (permalink)
Now I can't get tpo my account products at all. 

Its like I have three different account areas- one for the store, one for the forum (old version which still appears), and new forum version (which was showing account originally but cant be found now).

Way to confusing for me. I'm going to log out for a week and see how its looking then.

first couple of times I logged in it took me to the page with accounts and change password at top. Now It throws me striaght to forum. I want that first page again!

can only get to my many many cakewalk products by go the old store way using old password.
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:00:19 (permalink)
I think it should be added to the instructions for those who are migrating to clear their cookies (or at least the Cakewalk ones). I got all sorts of weird logged in/out issues before I realized that was probably it.
Grumbleweed_
  • Total Posts : 915
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:07:08 (permalink)
backwoods
Now I can't get tpo my account products at all. 

Its like I have three different account areas- one for the store, one for the forum (old version which still appears), and new forum version (which was showing account originally but cant be found now).

Way to confusing for me. I'm going to log out for a week and see how its looking then.

first couple of times I logged in it took me to the page with accounts and change password at top. Now It throws me striaght to forum. I want that first page again!

I logged out and when I logged back in the elusive Account page was available. I'm sure there'll be a better way in the future.

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:07:34 (permalink)
If you go to Cakewalk>Support (up near Forums/Post/PM) you can get to the registration page, which seems to be the same as the store.  Or at least I got there one time.

Beep, I'm fine, except for my blood pressure today.  I'm sure Cake is trying to do the right thing, but I'm old and don't like change for stuff that is working for me.  And I'm sure the Bakers and the mini-bakers of the forum software will get it all straightened out.  It is just I'm really busy these days and the last thing I need is to be mucking around trying to get to what I use for relaxation. 

Anyway, it seems to be working for me now, so I guess I should just shut up before I jinx myself.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
joakes
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:19:27 (permalink)
Sorry but the whole thing is a mess.

I can log in with Safari on my iPad (that is how i am typing this tale of woe) but i can't with IE or Firefox on my PC. And whats bizzare is i changed my password (clicked on fogotten password etc, put in the newly generated password) but lo and behold the new one doesn't work either - anywhere (IE, Firefox, Safari et al)

So how come i can still log in to post this, when i can't log in via Firefox even with the changed password.

I would appreciate a little help on this please.

Cheers,
Jerry

Edited for attrocious spelling

BTW, forgot to add, when i click on the link Cakewalk management sent me after a first attempt (Great News - your Cakewalk Account ..... Etc) i get a message saying " The Internet is broken - Well at least our little corner of it is " Funny ...... Not

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:23:56 (permalink)
AT
If you go to Cakewalk>Support (up near Forums/Post/PM) you can get to the registration page, which seems to be the same as the store.  Or at least I got there one time.

Beep, I'm fine, except for my blood pressure today.  I'm sure Cake is trying to do the right thing, but I'm old and don't like change for stuff that is working for me.  And I'm sure the Bakers and the mini-bakers of the forum software will get it all straightened out.  It is just I'm really busy these days and the last thing I need is to be mucking around trying to get to what I use for relaxation. 

Anyway, it seems to be working for me now, so I guess I should just shut up before I jinx myself.

@

I hear ya, man. I'm finally getting some forward movement going on some stuff that has been years in the works and this has thrown me for a complete loop the past couple days. Totally messed up my momentum because it wasn't exactly clear what the heck was going on and I was... well freaking out a little (actually a lot). All seems well now though and the guys took the time to help me so onwards and upwards I guess.

Take care.
backwoods
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:31:58 (permalink)
So, why do we have an old store account with a different password? I'm all for one log in as long as there aren't all these shadow accounts/ preferences areas lurking about.

I seem to be able to see my products in the new area at the moment. There are even a couple of extra X3 serials shown which is nice- I did buy X3 plain thru steam with a different email but maybe I registered with my cakewalk email might explain the transfer . X3 producer is still there  but why the multiple dimension pros, raptures etc etc???

"Biggest Balls-up since Dunkirk"
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:33:25 (permalink)
Ryan sorted out my issue, it appeared to be a straightforward account lockout situation and nothing too technical thanks Ryan!

joakes
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:34:32 (permalink)
OK, so I changed the password a third time and fingers crossed it worked.

But what a trial .....

Cheers,
Jerry

Edit : yup, I'm in !!!

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
Splat
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/28 16:35:14 (permalink)
I just checked and still can't upload avatars.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1