Helpful ReplyCakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Author
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 09:13:47 (permalink)
bapü
Hi Willy and Ryan,
I tried to migrate my existing mike_mccue account yesterday and it all seemed ok. I got an email with a link that I was supposed to use for activating the updates etc.

Every time I click on the link provided I get a page that says:

"The Internet is Broken
Well at least our little corner of it is."

I tried it several times yesterday and again this morning with the same results so this morning I tried migrating the info a second time but now it says that my user name is already taken.

I was blocked out of the system so I made a temporary sign up so I could log in and communicate this to yoü.
Is it possible for someone to look at my account info and reset what ever is hung up and then let me know where to pick up and continue the process.

I don't know if this is the case for you, but aside from clearing your cookies and cache, see posts 100 & 101 regarding the "==" at the end of the URL.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 09:48:42 (permalink)
Beepster
I just remember something that was REALLY annoying when trying to sign back in the first time. It wanted do the Verify Your a Human" thing (which is hard enough for me to prove at the best of times... lol) but the captchas were absolutely impossible to read. They were all smeary and poor resolution. I had to keep clicking the "try another test" link to refresh the captcha at least 15 times before I got one that was legible enough to type in.

I've never had to refresh a captcha more than a couple times before.

Anyway... no biggie and there is always the option to get an audio test to avoid that (which I don't like doing because it's a download and I don't trust that) but I thought it might be something to look into. Not sure if there are other verification providers that could be used or whether you can crawl up the arses of the current provider but that was indeed an extra headache amongst an already harrowing process.

Google capatcha seems the best. It's my fav because they are making you work for free by getting you to verify pictures of door numbers from google maps (often the last two digits). I always enter them in wrong on purpose (you can enter in anything here).

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 09:54:27 (permalink)
Thank you for all the feedback so far everyone.

Seems like the verification step has been what is holding a lot of people up so far. This seems like a big cause of the "Internet Is Broken" error messages (we can confirm it in our error logging). This also, of course, would prevent anyone from getting in. As suggested by several members, if your email client is truncating the verification link, please copy/paste the entire thing into your browser.

We're listening and working to make this better for everyone. Sorry for anyone who ran into this.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 09:56:11 (permalink)
stevec
bapü
Hi Willy and Ryan,
I tried to migrate my existing mike_mccue account yesterday and it all seemed ok. I got an email with a link that I was supposed to use for activating the updates etc.

Every time I click on the link provided I get a page that says:

"The Internet is Broken
Well at least our little corner of it is."

I tried it several times yesterday and again this morning with the same results so this morning I tried migrating the info a second time but now it says that my user name is already taken.

I was blocked out of the system so I made a temporary sign up so I could log in and communicate this to yoü.
Is it possible for someone to look at my account info and reset what ever is hung up and then let me know where to pick up and continue the process.

I don't know if this is the case for you, but aside from clearing your cookies and cache, see posts 100 & 101 regarding the "==" at the end of the URL.

Thanks for the help, guys.  This happened to me as well.  I finally read the posts, copied my verification into a new page in IE with the two equal signs at the end and Waallla, it worked! 

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 09:58:46 (permalink)
Beepster
I just remember something that was REALLY annoying when trying to sign back in the first time. It wanted do the Verify Your a Human" thing (which is hard enough for me to prove at the best of times... lol) but the captchas were absolutely impossible to read. They were all smeary and poor resolution. I had to keep clicking the "try another test" link to refresh the captcha at least 15 times before I got one that was legible enough to type in.

I've never had to refresh a captcha more than a couple times before.

Anyway... no biggie and there is always the option to get an audio test to avoid that (which I don't like doing because it's a download and I don't trust that) but I thought it might be something to look into. Not sure if there are other verification providers that could be used or whether you can crawl up the arses of the current provider but that was indeed an extra headache amongst an already harrowing process.

Hi Beep,

Can you let us know where you were met with a captcha? This shouldn't be a requirement anymore. The forum software, unfortunately, didn't handle the migration to SSO as well as we would have liked and so it seems like some pages do not redirect to our new login page properly. We tried to catch as many as we could. I'm wondering if perhaps you hit a page we missed.

Let me know.

-Ryan

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:19:11 (permalink)
Sort of on topic...  If I provide serial numbers for Cakewalk products I own, can someone there find my old product account (which I'm 99.9% sure is now attached to an old email address I can't use anymore) and migrate it over to this new account?

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:24:08 (permalink)
Hi, Ryan. Just so you are aware I "migrated" almost immediately after the site came back up so perhaps it has been corrected since then.

However, IIRC, I think I was presented with the captcha in two places (but technically the same place). When I reached step 5 of the process I describe in the following post...
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3072970
the main screen had a captcha. That is to say after all info had been inputted it asked me to login and verify I was a human with a captcha. However I had not yet opened my email and clicked the confirmation link so I did the first in a new tab. The confirmation link sent me to the same page with the captcha.

But that is from memory and may not be exactly what/where this happened. I should have typed that up in my step by step post but I guess I forgot. Anyway... that's where I would look. The page AFTER all info has been entered and it is asking you to sign in for the first time and/or the page the confirmation link in the emails sends you to.

Also I use NoScript and only had the main Cakewalk domain and googleapis allowed which are, as has been the case since the redesign last year, the only two scripts needed to successfully login and post so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful/accurate. Cheers.

PS: It may also be relevant to know that I changed both my forum and store account emails in the morning before the site went down. The forum email was changed at about 9:30am and I had successfully logged back in and was posting for a while without having to fill in a captcha. The store email was changed almost immediately before the site went down at 11:20am. With that I had also been able to log in using the new email which technically shouldn't be how that works. ie: the directions in the store for email changes only says that it will send confirmation codes and other stuff to the new email but I would still have to login with the original email HOWEVER after I changed the email it did in fact force me to start logging in with the new email I submitted (which is what I wanted). I had been in contact with Willy before doing that and he instructed me to change the store email so perhaps he did something special to my account. I don't know.

Cheers.
djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:35:41 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
djwayne
So why wasn't this fixed BEFORE rolling it out ?? 

Did you read #1 and #74? This was done for a reason and it will be sorted soon.

Cut Cakewalk some slack here. I've done migrations like this before and you have no idea how much work goes into this and no matter what you do there are things you cannot foresee. There will be teething issues and posts that state the issues here will be helpful to them. This seems to me a pretty successful migration I'm sure work will be going on this week to resolve issues as stated in this thread. I'd like to congratulate Cakewalk so far. No pain no gain...

Yes I did read them and didn't find my answer...do you really expect me to wade thru 125 posts for an answer ?? ?? 
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:36:48 (permalink)
@ Beep

No worries. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Yourself, along with a few other folks, were creating accounts before we were even finished publishing all of our changes so I'm not surprised to learn of some weirdness. Keep an eye out for any captcha stuff though. If you see it let me know :)

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:40:14 (permalink)
craigb
Sort of on topic...  If I provide serial numbers for Cakewalk products I own, can someone there find my old product account (which I'm 99.9% sure is now attached to an old email address I can't use anymore) and migrate it over to this new account?

Hi Craig,

So, your account is simply not showing references to your product ownership? If you don't mind, can you submit the details in the Feedback form at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Feedback ?

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:43:50 (permalink)
Thanks for the help!

best regards,
mike

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 10:45:33 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
@ Beep

No worries. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Yourself, along with a few other folks, were creating accounts before we were even finished publishing all of our changes so I'm not surprised to learn of some weirdness. Keep an eye out for any captcha stuff though. If you see it let me know :)

Will do. I didn't experience any real weirdness aside from the captcha thing (which wasn't your fault... it was just giving me lousy images) and the way the password confirm/reconfirm thing said "Passwords Don't Match" even before beginning to type and didn't change even after the passwords were correct.

Other than that it was pretty smooth. Just a little confusing but I figured it out. I think I may have actually had an easier time because I snuck in early and the fact I had done everything I could to sever the accounts so I don't have any store history associated with the Beepster handle.

BTW I am using Firefox so maybe other browser are causing issues for people. Perhaps ask people who are having a hard time to try Firefox to see if there is a difference.

Cheers.
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 12:41:37 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
craigb

Hi Craig,

So, your account is simply not showing references to your product ownership? If you don't mind, can you submit the details in the Feedback form at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Feedback ?

Hi Ryan, 

I'll get those off hopefully later today when I can get to my product serial numbers.  Then I'll submit those along with what I believe is the email I used to register them.

Thanks!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
slavelle85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 12:44:28 (permalink)
Ryan: I tried to submit via help (but heard nothing so far).  I setup this new ID so that I could get to this and post a PM to you, but I can't because the account is too new.

I screwed my account in that I put in the wrong email address (a non-working one) so I was not able to activate the account.  My forum name was Blades.  my email should be  but I put in .  I have requested a password reset, which can now get (since I added the address), but it doesn't allow login with that password - I'm guessing because I didn't activate the account.

Can you please resend the activation email to any of those email addresses so I can try to get this sorted out?
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 12:59:17 (permalink)
slavelle85
Ryan: I tried to submit via help (but heard nothing so far).  I setup this new ID so that I could get to this and post a PM to you, but I can't because the account is too new.

I screwed my account in that I put in the wrong email address (a non-working one) so I was not able to activate the account.  My forum name was Blades.  my email should be  but I put in .  I have requested a password reset, which can now get (since I added the address), but it doesn't allow login with that password - I'm guessing because I didn't activate the account.

Can you please resend the activation email to any of those email addresses so I can try to get this sorted out?

Hi, Blades. As a new account it seems the emails got stripped out of your post. You'll probably have to use "at" and "dot" instead of @ and . to post the addresses. You should be able to get the Bakers on the phone in a couple minutes too because the customer support line opens at 1pm.

Cheers.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:10:15 (permalink)
I have noticed that when I am no longer signed in the forum comes up featuring only a few of the topic areas 
SONAR X series , Software , Coffee House , and maybe one or 2 others ...
Songs and a few others that I frequent are locked out of the menu options  and can't be accessed unless I sign in 
is the part of the new format ? … in the future will it require a sign in to access the whole Cakewalk Forum ? 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:11:57 (permalink)
slavelle85

Hi Blades.

I just updated the email per your request in the ticket you sent in. Can you try resetting your password again at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:21:12 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
I have noticed that when I am no longer signed in the forum comes up featuring only a few of the topic areas 
SONAR X series , Software , Coffee House , and maybe one or 2 others ...
Songs and a few others that I frequent are locked out of the menu options  and can't be accessed unless I sign in 
is the part of the new format ? … in the future will it require a sign in to access the whole Cakewalk Forum ? 

Kenny

I just logged out to see and you are correct. The Songs, Techniques and other tabs seem to be missing.

Ryan, please tell me this will not remain the case. I spend a lot of time logged out but still lurk and the Techniques tab is one area in specific I like to poke around in to learn general recording tips. The Songs tab is also useful too to get an idea of what others are accomplishing with the program and how.

Please allow us to continue seeing at least those two tabs without having to be logged in. Thanks.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:27:13 (permalink)
Re: filtered forums

It's resolved. We're looking into how it happened. No need to worry it wasn't intentional :)

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:35:23 (permalink)
Cool. Thanks. I think the Songs forum is a good promotional tool for the products considering how good some of our more skilled producers are able to manipulate it.

On the subject though (but off topic) perhaps a big bold warning should be put on that forum (Songs) in regards to it being a very public area. I've noticed that a couple of my offerings have been swiped and posted elsewhere which is fine (I would not have shared them if I wasn't okay with that) but some folks may not realize the entire internet will be able to access their music from that section.

Just sayin'.

Thanks again.
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:45:38 (permalink)
I'm trying to recall; was the community forewarned of this change? I may have missed a thread, but it certainly would have been handy to know when this change was about to take place and what it would accomplish ~ or rather, what impact it could have if it has issues.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:49:13 (permalink)
brconflict
I'm trying to recall; was the community forewarned of this change? I may have missed a thread, but it certainly would have been handy to know when this change was about to take place and what it would accomplish ~ or rather, what impact it could have if it has issues.

I believe it was announced 3-4 days beforehand right before the weekend so not much notice... but there was some at least. Caused a lot of confusion/angst in Beepsterville I'll tellz ya but it's all worked out and Willy helped me with my own specific issues which was appreciated.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 13:56:54 (permalink)
brconflict

I just updated my post to link to Willy's announcement a few days back. Essentially there are more details regarding Single Sign On and what it means that can be found here http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-Single-Sign-On-and-You-m3071249.aspx

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 14:23:46 (permalink)
fitzy123
Guys what is gone wrong with the forum. I had to create a new account to post a messsage as no one responed to my request from support It says my  account name does not exist in the database.  I am a member since 2005
Login name is fitzj
Ryan can you check it out please.

When you went to login did you click the "I Have a Cakewalk Forum Login" button or did you just type in your usual info in the Existing Users section?

You have to click the button and fill out the forms, get the registration email, click the link in the email, etc. otherwise it won't recognize you. It's a bit confusing (I think I did the same thing at first but I forget).

Cheers.
slavelle85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 14:25:18 (permalink)
Ryan - password reset still doesn't let me log in.
As I mentioned above, I believe it is because I never activated the account- is that possible?  Can you send a reactivation link?  Is the account locked out or something?
The email address should be either blades AT lavelle DASH home DOT net
or blades85 AT lavelle DASH home DOT net

Thanks for your help.
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 14:40:40 (permalink)
slavelle85
Ryan - password reset still doesn't let me log in.
As I mentioned above, I believe it is because I never activated the account- is that possible?  Can you send a reactivation link?  Is the account locked out or something?
The email address should be either blades AT lavelle DASH home DOT net
or blades85 AT lavelle DASH home DOT net

Thanks for your help.

Hello

Let's try a new approach. I've wiped out your Cakewalk SSO account. Can you try the Migrate process again at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Migrate

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 14:46:47 (permalink)
I had to copy and paste the link in the e-mail to my address bar. Link didn't work. 

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 14:54:38 (permalink)
fitzy123
I tried everything I don't exist in the database and I cannot get it to reset my password. It asks for my login name and then says I don't exist in the database.

Hello,

It sounds like you're trying to request a password reset for the Cakewalk SSO account, which hasn't been created yet. You need to migrate your forum account using the form at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Migrate

I have sent you a temporary password via PM that you will need to provide to the form above as your "Forum Password".

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 15:13:17 (permalink)
That's working now Ryan. One small issue which I have PM you. I guess you are snowed under today.

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/29 15:48:56 (permalink)
Thanks again everyone for feedback so far.

We've added better encoding for the verification links as well as an alternate method to verify where you can manually enter a code at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Verify

This should hopefully help everyone migrating as well as changing their email address in the future (which also requires email verification).

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1