Helpful ReplyCakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 7 of 9
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/31 13:13:21 (permalink)
Well this forum certainly has its quirks. It used to be horrendous when using firefox because many of the most basic features simply did not work (I used to have to type in my own code simply to quote people properly) but I am a die hard FF user. Mostly because I use NoScript and ABP (which are available for other browser these days but there are other things I dislike about those others as well and I'm a creature of habit).

I really don't know if changing the IE settings will do anything but I was forced to use IE to register Addictive Drums when X3 came out because for some reason that was the ONLY browser that worked with XLN's store. I had to contact XLN support and they gave me a laundry list of instructions to make it work. Even after I switched to IE I had to disable a ton of specific security settings to finally get my product registered.

The point is website designers sometimes toss a bunch of ridiculous nonsense in that ends up being browser specific or relies on certain things being allowed. Drives me nuts.

Cheers.
Hill62
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/31 17:36:32 (permalink)
BIG THANKS TO JOSH... excellent support and much appreciated patience helping me get this sorted out.

THANKS!

Note: In addition to some quarks Josh assisted with, I was having issues while using Internet Explorer 11 (which is the only version of IE available for Windows 8.1) Even in compatibility mode it was a problem.
The work-around was to use Chrome while migrating the account.
Using IE now for posting works fine.

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite (x64), (SONAR Platinum  ), Sonar V-Studio 100, AKAI APC20, Axiom Pro 62, Win10 1703 (x64), i7-2600k 3.4 GHz , 16 GB DDR3, ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE, 250 GB SSD (OS), 3 x 450GB SATA 10K (Projects/Samples), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, ASUS 24" Monitors
MFanning
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/07/31 18:21:39 (permalink)
To follow up on this,  just tried my laptop and logging into the forum had no issues using IE.  I even closed IE and came back latter and accessed the forum without having to log in again.  So, I just need to figure out how to get IE on my main pc/daw to do the same. 
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 04:53:55 (permalink)
Even I, as a long time user of only IE, finally gave in and went to Chrome a few months back.  After a short adjustment period, it's been far better (especially with pop-ups).  I should note, that I had to use IE9 with this forum, newer versions simply had too many issues.

(Ironically, I had problems posting this.  Every once in a while you can't post in the X-Series forum for some reason.  It just hangs and then shows the unknown error has occurred message.  What's weird is that this behavior ONLY seems to affect the X-Series forum.  Then, after a few minutes, you can post again.)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 10:11:50 (permalink)
A lot of IE issues can be resolved by placing it in 64 bit mode (not the default) under advanced settings.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 12:13:41 (permalink)
MFanning
To follow up on this,  just tried my laptop and logging into the forum had no issues using IE.  I even closed IE and came back latter and accessed the forum without having to log in again.  So, I just need to figure out how to get IE on my main pc/daw to do the same. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble. Would you be able to tell us what version of IE and Windows you are running on your daw pc ? We tested pretty thoroughly on a lot of different browsers but its possible we missed something. 

Also if you are running any security software that messes with your web browser or have any add-ons that you use that information would be really helpful in troubleshooting.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:08:42 (permalink)
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, I'm not upset but I do wonder about this.. What exactly was the problem that needed to be fixed? I had no problem signing in to the forum and I had no problem signing in to my account before this merge thing. I'm not sure what I have gained by this.
One thing has changed for me. I have a fingerprint scanner on this laptop. When I am logged in to any website the icon for the fingerprint scanner disappears, except for not on the Cakewalk forum, I can not get it to go away. I can sort of move it to the side, out of the way. On the Cakewalk main site and on My Account, the icon is not there when I am logged in. I guess I will deal with it but still.. what exactly is the point of all this?
I only said I was a knife, I never said I was a sharp knife.

J

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:12:27 (permalink)
jbow

what exactly is the point of all this?

Per the OP see: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-Single-Sign-On-and-You-m3071249.aspx

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
jbow
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:18:06 (permalink)
Thanks Willy, going to read now, will try to understand.
Thanks again!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
jbow
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:33:37 (permalink)
OK.
When I click this link: http://www.cakewalk.com/my-account I go to a new looking My Account page. I signed in earlier today with my email and old PW though, I may have done the merge dance a few days ago, I am not sure. If I log out of my account and login on the forum and I go back to my account, to my account, should I now be logged in to my account if I am merged? Will that show me that my logins are merged? 
I'm just not sure if I am in the new or the old. I'm sorry that I am confused and beg your indulgence.
I'm sorry to be a problem but I really don't remember if I got through it or not. I guess I can check my email for a verification code email, unless there is an easier way.
Thank you Willy.

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
jbow
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:37:28 (permalink)
Ahhh never mind, I logged off in My Account and it logged me off in the forum. I logged in to the forum and clicked the link and was once again logged in to My Account.

It works! I get it! Looks good. I am just a little slow sometimes but I have learned it is always best to embrace the new rather than resist it. You bakers are doing a great job IMO. I just didn't understand until I was able to make it work. (Believe me, if I can "get it" anyone can)! I'm glad that Cakewalk does the best it can to stay on the cutting edge. You make the best DAW, IMO, and are improving the user experience on the website, change is always a little rough but it is rougher if one decides they don't like it before they give it a chance. I am happy!

Thanks again!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
jbow
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 13:49:09 (permalink)
MFanning
This has been a PIA.  Now that I have the passwords set up WTF. I have been using Windows IE and I have to log on every time I go off the page.  Login to Sonar forum, click on a thread and I am logged off and have to log on again before posting.  Go to Software forum, have to log on again.  Also, I could not post a message without getting  "Either the feature is disabled, or you do not have sufficient permission"  Before you could chose to stay logged on to the pc after at the logon.  That is gone.  I just now tried Firefox and no such problem exists using it when loggin on to the forum.  So I am posting now using Firefox.

I got that too when I logged off at My Account and went to the forum to see that it had logged me off there too. Then I tried to post that I had logged back in on the forum and flipped over to My Account and saw that the forum login had logged me back in to My Account..
I tried to post about it and I got the message, "Either the feature is disabled, or you do not have sufficient permission". I reloaded and then everything was OK again. It scared me for a minute because before reloading I went over to my account and it said there was no such account. Whew, I was glad to see everything back right again!
I hope you have no more trouble.

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
MachineClaw
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1116
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 18:25:59 (permalink)
I had to call CakeWalk technical support to have my password reset and have them help walk me through this migration.

I could not do this on my own with 3 different browsers (IE, FireFox, Chrome).

There is no phone number on the Cakewalk site for Forum support/help and no way to contact anyone at Cakewalk ABOUT the forum or help.

I was stuck outside the window looking in with no way of getting any assistance with this migration.

Only a phone call to someone at Cakewalk technical support (I picked tech support for individual with Sonar Pro) and had the person help me with my forum access/migration.

Everything is now resolved, tested and working for me.  There really should be a better way to do this in the future or provide assistance to the existing users.  Was a week without forum and or assistance.
MFanning
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/01 19:31:32 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
MFanning

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble. Would you be able to tell us what version of IE and Windows you are running on your daw pc ? We tested pretty thoroughly on a lot of different browsers but its possible we missed something. 

Also if you are running any security software that messes with your web browser or have any add-ons that you use that information would be really helpful in troubleshooting.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles.

Thanks Willy for the concern.  I appreciate it.   The login/logout issue is happening only on my main pc when using IE 11.  I do have Norton 360 for internet security.   It's probably some quirky thing unique to this pc and since I can use Firefox for the forum it might not be worthwhile spending a lot of time figuring out just to be able to use IE.  IE forum logins are working on my laptop with the same OS and Norton Security.  So its just one of those pesky little things.  

Thanks again.

kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/02 18:09:06 (permalink)
 Sorry but this is a Cakewalk **** up due to web developers.  Don't blame this **** on browsers.  Your forum migration is still ****ed.  I thought only Apple did this kind of login in circle jerk.  Some have created new accounts.

You did it ass backwards to being with.  Link the forum with store accounts.  Paid users should only be allowed in this forum.

There is a **** session started at KVR. 
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 02:42:40 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
Anderton
Don't know if it's just me or not, but when accessing via Safari on the iPad, I can log in but as soon as I go to another page I'm logged out.

I had the same thing, Craig, that's why I posted about the clearing cookies thing before. Go to settings, then Safari, and clear your cookies and private data. This fixed it for me.

Bingo! Thank you, sir.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 12:55:55 (permalink)
Hi kitekrazy1,

I'm going to go ahead and auto-correct your language in my quoting here. Please keep feedback appropriate and constructive or you will be banned.  Let's be honest - we're talking about a forum here we're not making parachutes nobody will be gravely injured because we made a few mistakes. I understand how frustrating it is when things don't work as intended and that is why we are here and listening.

kitekrazy1
Sorry but this is a Cakewalk mistake due to web developers. 

Nobody said it wasn't our mistake. That is precisely why threads like this exist and we take the time to listen to folks. Nobody is perfect specially not us.

Don't blame this on browsers. 

I don't think we did - but as some users are having the issue and others aren't understanding that difference is an essential troubleshooting step to helping us identify and fix the problem.

Your forum migration is still not working

I appreciate the helpful and constructive feedback.

I thought only Apple did this kind of jerky.  

I do love jerky, it's great. Personally I'm using a nesco dehydrator to make mine with. But to keep this thread on-topic please feel free to post about jerky in the Coffee House. I've never tried mixing apples with jerky that sounds good.

Some have created new accounts.

We are aware of this and Ryan has worked on a tool to help solve this. We have learned that some users got stuck in this trap because they forgot their forum password. We know - this is our fault and we're fixing it with the new 'I lost my forum password and need it so I can migrate tool' (we'll have a simpler name) and this will be up on Monday.

You did it backwards to being with.  Link the forum with store accounts.  

Well - I personally am a relatively backwards 'being' but RE: the forum and store, there a handful of reasons we opted not to do this:
  1. The store requires an email address as the login identifier. This is problematic when folks lose access to that email address
  2. The forum cannot integrate with the stores current login mechanism
  3. The store cannot integrate with the forum's current login mechanism
  4. They both however can be modified to support a third-party identity provider

Paid users should only be allowed in this forum.

That type of functionality could only be made possible once we have a shared account/login system.

Fundamentally - I disagree with you on this point. I think this community actually helps people decide to use a Cakewalk product. Sure it has its ups and downs like any community - but at the end of the day a big helpful community of users willing to help each other out and learn from is a great resource. If we put a wall around the garden how will anybody know its worth getting into?

That being said - we would like to find some way to distinguish owners vs non-owners and are looking into badges or (flair if you're a reddit type) 

There is a jam session started at KVR.

Are they looking for a bari sax player - do you know how long the session is going on for?

But seriously - if anybody has a link please share we'd like to help out anybody that might be stuck.
post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2014/08/03 13:37:53

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 12:58:23 (permalink)
MachineClaw

There really should be a better way to do this in the future or provide assistance to the existing users.  Was a week without forum and or assistance.

Thanks for feedback - in general, we can't stop taking SONAR support calls for forum assistance. However, Ryan built a tool that addresses the situation you were in and that will be available on Monday.

Sorry again for all the inconveniences. 

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 13:01:51 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

But seriously - if anybody has a link please share we'd like to help out anybody that might be stuck.

http://www.kvraudio.com/f...c.php?f=7&t=417137
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 13:09:32 (permalink)
Migration was pretty straight forward for me. What I don't like is I get logged out if I move to another page and then return here.
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 14:19:19 (permalink)
scook

Perfect thanks Steve! (and also for sending in that website feedback RE: support content recently)

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 14:20:23 (permalink)
soens
Migration was pretty straight forward for me. What I don't like is I get logged out if I move to another page and then return here.

Thanks for feedback - you're not the first to report this and we'll continue looking into it. Hopefully we can sort it out and solve it by tomorrow.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 15:13:33 (permalink)
RE: Post # 200

Nicely handled there Willy! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 16:29:41 (permalink)
Love the feedback and improvements Cake has been giving to it's customers. Thankyou..

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/03 20:33:55 (permalink)
scook
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

Huh...  That was a really gentle **** session IMHO.   And nothing posted there was anything that hasn't already been discussed on this thread.   

Having gone through the single sign-on transition on the forums for my day job, this is a big ole deja vu.  It seems impossible to have hiccup-free process no matter how hard you try.   So hopefully this whole thing will soon be a dot in the rear view mirror.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/04 11:29:55 (permalink)
Hi Everyone,

For folks who have been following along, we've put up a Reset Forum Password form at https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Forum-Password

This is specifically for people who cannot migrate to a Cakewalk SSO Account because they have forgotten their old Forum password. When you fill out the form it will send an email containing a new password to the email address on file. This new password can be provided as the "Forum Password" when filling out the migration form at http://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Migrate

Hopefully this will help anyone who was stuck not remembering their old password.

Please note this form is not for resetting your Cakewak SSO Account password. That is done here: https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/04 12:28:03 (permalink)
craigb
RE: Post # 200

Nicely handled there Willy! 

Should have turned his avatar into a pickle.
Thatsastrat
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1267
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/04 14:19:22 (permalink)
I was finally able to get into my account after a week. I could always see the forum, but was unable to post using Chrome. I logged in with IE and it worked. Using Chrome I would have to login on every page change, and it would not let me post to a thread. When trying to post to a thread it would take me to a page not found screen. I do hope this gets sorted. I changed to Chrome because of IE getting hacked all the time. Because I am hear I guess everything was migrated correctly. The link sent in the e-mail could not simply be clicked. I had to copy and paste. This has been very frustrating for me. Again I hope CAke gets this sorted with Chrome, because I do not trust IE.

Sonar Platimum, Win10 32bit, Quad Q6600,4G DDR2 Ram, BCF2000, Lexicon Lambda interface,Tascam US 1800, WD 500 GB HD, M-Audio AV40 Monitors, Line 6 DI Gold, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, hand full of guitars, Kawia PH50 Keyboard,Digitech GNX3
http://www.soundclick.com/thatsastrat/%3C/a%3E
http://www.myspace.com/thatsastrat/music
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/04 14:22:21 (permalink)
I, too, had trouble with Chrome until I was advised to clear my history and cookies.  After that, all was OK.  Maybe this will help someone else.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
Thatsastrat
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1267
Re: Cakewalk, Single Sign On and You - Migrating Your Forum Account 2014/08/04 14:37:57 (permalink)
Lynn
I, too, had trouble with Chrome until I was advised to clear my history and cookies.  After that, all was OK.  Maybe this will help someone else.

Lynn,
 I cleared history and cookies in Chrome. No love. I also made sure that I was using the most up to date version of Chrome. You would not think this would cause such a problem, but what do I know. I'll just be happy when the dust clears. This has to be taking developers away from working on Sonar. I hope this forum is worth that kind of effort.

Sonar Platimum, Win10 32bit, Quad Q6600,4G DDR2 Ram, BCF2000, Lexicon Lambda interface,Tascam US 1800, WD 500 GB HD, M-Audio AV40 Monitors, Line 6 DI Gold, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, hand full of guitars, Kawia PH50 Keyboard,Digitech GNX3
http://www.soundclick.com/thatsastrat/%3C/a%3E
http://www.myspace.com/thatsastrat/music
Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 7 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1