Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
HotCoollMusicGirl
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 991
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/04/28 14:59:49 (permalink)
Thanks Brandon. Understood.

It would be good if they were aware that this doesn't only happen with the wheel, and that there appear to be 96k issues with several of the other instruments in that family/generation of plugins, including Session Drummer 2 and Drop Zone. I've reproduced the problem using Dim LE in Reaper at 96k, and without touching the wheel.

This link will drop you into the middle of a thread where I was trying to track down an issue with SD2. Posts #45 and #46 on that page show the problem appearing in Drop Zone as seen across different bounce methods, and how the problem seems to show up only after the first time MIDI is sent to one of the instruments.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1349420&mpage=2&key=

Thanks again!
post edited by HotCoollMusicGirl - 2008/04/28 15:24:37
shang
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/07/31 01:14:08 (permalink)
So, any news on a patch yet for this? We are approaching a year now that Cakewalk has acknowledged the issue.

So long and thanks for all the fish,
Shang
Rockscientist
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/08/05 14:26:19 (permalink)
Yo! Cakewalk!

Just to add my voice to the choir ... I am using Sonar 7 PE x64 under vista, at 24/96, with Dim Pro and Rapture, a Novation Remote 61 SL for MIDI control, and have experienced the following:

Dim Pro 1.3: Pitch bend causes the sound to cut out, but no 99 db spike, thank god.
Zeta+ 1.5.3: Some patches get very loud after a second or two of playback (can't quantify beyond "loud") and cause the CPU meter to spike on one of my cores, followed by a dropout. This is without using any kind of controller.

I know the pitch bend issue is being addressed for the Dimension/Rapture twins, but I hope whatever fix there is spill over onto Zeta, 'cause it really is a cool synth. BTW, if a Zeta patch DOES come out, pretty PLEASE make it available to those who got it bundled with Sonar! Ok, I'll shut up now.

DAW Vitals
Hardware: i7 4790k / MSI Z97 Gaming 7 / 16GB DDR3 / SSD audio drives / UAD Apollo Twin USB
Software: SONAR Platinum 64-Bit / Win 10 Pro 64-Bit / ASIO Drivers / 44.1 KHz / 24-Bit

"Young.  Dumb.  Don't see a problem."
J-Ho
thx1200
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/09/18 15:43:08 (permalink)
Welp. It's been a year now since I first reported this problem. Cakewalk Sonar has been upgraded twice (as soon as 8 comes out), and Dimension (et al) still remains broken. The last time I emailed Cake they told me I could remap another CC to bend the pitch, since this seems to be isolated with the pitch wheel itself. (Although based on other comments, others are having problems elsewhere as well.) That's a lousy workaround because it means I have to reprogram my controller for one broken soft synth or else my ears will bleed and my amp will smoke (okay I'm exaggerating -- a little).

I'm really disappointed in Cakewalk. I can wait a few months -- I'm patient. But over a year? Wow. That is pushing it. I'm officially not buying anything new from Cakewalk until this is fixed. I hope others join me. This is not an unreasonable request of mine, in my opinion, because this problem is CONFIRMED by Cakewalk! It's not like they can't get this thing to break on their test computers. They CAN, but refuse to create a fix and focus their efforts on (presumably) more profitable things. They simply seem to NOT CARE about 96khz users. As long as we are only a small minority, they will take advantage of us.

Sad.

Next stop: Better Business Bureau. Join me. Maybe that will get their attention, finally.
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/09/25 15:47:08 (permalink)
I just filed my BBB complaint, after giving Cake one more time to make it right. I encourage you to do the same. Maybe that will cause them to listen.

Start here: http://boston.bbb.org/

Go to the "BBB for consumers" section on the right and select "File a Complaint"

When prompted, search for "Cakewalk" as the company and this address:
268 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210 USA

Write a short description about what's happening, how they have not addressed this issue in an entire year (yet have released many other products and product fixes) and inform the BBB that the acceptible resolution would be a fixed product. I am not interested in a refund and hopefully you aren't either (although I'd understand if you were).
post edited by thx1200 - 2008/09/25 15:48:08
aoresteen
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/10 11:07:04 (permalink)
I am considering getting Dim Pro to use with Sonar 4.0.4. I only sample at 96 KHz. So I can expect Dim Pro to crash as has been described in this thread?

Thanks!

Tony
Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP3
Sonar PE 8.5
Dual Acer 22" Monitors
Alesis QSR, E-MU Proteus 2000 & lots of guitars
Newnan, GA 30265
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/10 11:19:36 (permalink)
Yes. There still is no fix even after an entire year of waiting! Cakewalk has really dropped the ball here and embarrassed themselves greatly. It is unethical to claim Dim Pro works in 96khz, when it so obviously does not. I really find it hard to imagine so few people work in 96khz, but apparently they do, so Cakewalk doesn't care about us. There are (crappy) workarounds (look at some earlier posts), but no fix to the obvious bug.

If it took my company a year to fix a bug in our software, we would be out of business! We fix software bugs in a matter of days to weeks, or, at most, a couple months. But, then again, we actually care about our customers, unlike Cakewalk.

To anybody who owns Dim Pro, please file a complaint with the BBB. Cake refuses to listen to polite requests, so it's time to fight back. Believe it or not, BBB complaints tend to help get things resolved. No company wants a bad grade with the BBB.

Start here: http://boston.bbb.org/

Go to the "BBB for consumers" section on the right and select "File a Complaint"

When prompted, search for "Cakewalk" as the company and this address:
268 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210 USA
elle
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/12 14:22:09 (permalink)
same here with both
Sonar PE 7.0.3 x64/Dimension Pro 1.2 x64 under Vista x64
and
Sonar PE 7.0.3 x32/Dimension Pro 1.2 x32 under Vista x64

I also constantly receive unexpeted exceptions when running Dim Pro x64 in Sonar x64. It just crashes during the playback. And the more Dim Pro you have in a single project, the more often you should expect a crahs. E.g. 4 Dim pro causes a Sonar crash within a few minuts on my system. They work seamlessly in Sonar x32 though. But the CPU load for my quad is extremely lower in Sonar x64 for some reason...
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/12 18:57:53 (permalink)
I'm experiencing this audio distorting issue with Dim LE Dim Pro and Rapture with some patches. Most notably, it happens with the Ballad Piano patch under the Electric Piano section in Dimension LE and Dim Pro, and it happens without using the pitch bend wheel at all! It happens just letting SONAR playback a recorded take using the Ballad Piano patch in areas above middle C. It's a darn shame because that patch sounds so good to me.

Would be nice if Cakewalk could fix this problem and release a patch. It's been over a year, and still no fix.What a bummer.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/21 13:19:02 (permalink)
I'm glad that people are noticing this issue and keep bringing this post back to life, but the true way to get it fixed is a three-fold solution.

1. Don't buy anything from Cakewalk until it's fixed (i'm abstaining from Sonar 8 upgrade, as much as I want Sonar 8)
2. Submit tech support requests once every month or two (let them know this affects a large group of people, not just a few 96khz obsessed hippies).
3. Submit your complaint to the BBB (see my above posts). Cakewalk doesn't want a bad BBB grade -- no company does! But right now, we have all paid for a product that does not work as advertised (Dim et al all claim to work in the 96khz domain, but they do not). NOT using 96khz is NOT a solution to an audiophile.

Cakewalk cannot/will not punish you for filing a complaint. The BBB is not a court of law and we have a legitimate gripe. That is what the BBB is for.

If everybody who has posted and everybody who is lurking did my above three steps, the bug fix would be out in no time flat.

Cakewalk just doesn't rank this problem very high on their list of priorities. And that's fine. I said at the beginning, I am patient. If they needed to fix other bugs first, fine. But they've rolled out entire new products since this bug was first noticed. It's been OVER a year!!! There's no excuse for that. Poor customer service. Period.
:10:
Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3678
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/21 13:40:03 (permalink)
(let them know this affects a large group of people,....)

Yes,..all 5 of you,...lol

So,...what is the point of working at 96kHz anyway? If I work in 96kHz, will I be a professional?

kwgm
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2271
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/21 14:37:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: :10:

(let them know this affects a large group of people,....)

Yes,..all 5 of you,...lol

So,...what is the point of working at 96kHz anyway? If I work in 96kHz, will I be a professional?

No, but you might be a dog! :#)

(I thought you had to use ProTools to be a professional?)

--kwgm
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/21 15:47:07 (permalink)
10 - My mistake. For some reason when a company advertises a product to work in a certain way, I was under the impression it was supposed to work that way.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm bothering to address 10's snarky comment...

96khz (and, for that matter, anything higher) allows for a greater amount of bandwidth to reduce the amount of noise and digital artifacts in a recording when it is mixed down. The destination format is likely either CD quality (44Khz) or MP3 quality (different science altogether). However, before the final mixdown, a recording will go through many different digital signal paths. For example, I will usually be mixing down 20+ digital tracks, recorded at 96Khz/24bit. The mixed down signals will then travel through multiple effects processors and plugs for compression, limiting, EQ, sweetening, etc. If I use 44Khz recording, I am limited to an upper maximum imaging resolution of (audible) 22Khz. If I use a 96Khz recording, that limit is raised to 48Khz (well above human hearing). The "real world" problem with these calculations is it only indicates the maximum frequency of a sine wave under ideal conditions. Most AD/DA converters are far from ideal (even high quality ones). Using a SINC function is the only way to achieve the true 22Khz frequency reproduction in a 44Khz recording. Doing this is extremely expensive and even under ideal conditions can only be approximated to a certain degree (SINC is infinite in both time directions). The extra bandwidth provided by 96Khz mixdowns allows for greater precision under these real world scenarios. The end result is a cleaner mix with less distortion. This makes no difference for some musical styles where distortion is heavy or even desirable (such as rock), but does make an audible difference in music that does not rely a lot on distortion.

One fallacy in the "44Khz should be enough for anyone" arguments is that most people cannot audibly tell the difference between a 96khz and 44khz final recording. I'm not talking about the final product. I'm talking about recording and mixdown. If you mix down 20+ 44Khz tracks and the same 20+ 96khz tracks and apply the same effects all along a 44 or 96Khz signal path, the end result is easily distinguished. One is noisier. It can most easily be proven for skeptics on a high precision digital VU meter comparing the noise floor between both recordings.

The same argument goes for 16-bit versus 24-bit.

There is a reason why all new audio standards for theaters, home theaters, HD, and so on, are based on high sampling rates (or in the case of lossy-style MPEG compression, high bitrates). It's higher quality in the end.

DVD looks great, but Blu-Ray looks fricking amazing. Same in audioland.

However, all this is moot because Cakewalk long ago adopted 96Khz (and well beyond) as supported methods of recording in their products. They advertise it as such. The fact is that Dimension does not work as advertised.

To put it another way, I may never want a Ferrari. I may think Ferarri owners made a bad investment on their vehicle because my much-cheaper car gets me from A to B just fine. But if that Ferarri does not work as advertised, I do not disagree that a Ferarri owner has a gripe.
:10:
Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3678
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/21 23:22:43 (permalink)
I prefer jest comment. all in good fun...

but hey,...I learned something new today.

auricle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 492
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/23 11:41:30 (permalink)
Personally, I think that Rene and Cakewalk have parted company. Rene's last post here was:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1378500&mpage=1&key=� which was 7th May this year.

If Rene was the only developer working on Dimension Pro/ Rapture, it explains why there hasn't been any updates. There should have been a fix for Rapture for Windows as there is a problem loading the 32bit Rapture in Vista 64 from the installer. This was mentioned in his post here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1193042&mpage=1&key=�

This and the now missing 'super instrument' that was due to be revealed and then cancelled at the last minute makes me wonder what has happened to him?
post edited by auricle - 2008/10/23 12:07:54
dredd i knight
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/24 02:27:23 (permalink)
hey thnx1200 i think you're on point for keeping this on the radar. i don't use 96 but the bug was there in a loud way when i tested it, and you're right it's very slack of cake to have not fixed it by now.
you must bump this thread at least once a month, and keep on pressuring them. this is an important issue which makes cake look bad, and unprofessional and we as cake users deserve better; we don't spend money on soft synths for fun, for many its business.
more power to you, and respect for your efforts.

AMD 64+, Windows XP SP2, Edirol FA66, Beringer Truth monitors, 2*Technics 1200's, Pioneer 909 dj mixer, Sonar 7, Stylus RMX, Guru, Dimension Pro, Rapture, P5v2.5, Trilogy, Battery 3, Atmosphere, Ableton live 5
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/24 16:11:52 (permalink)
Wow, auricle, you may be onto something. I can tell you from experience that sort of thing is not uncommon at software houses. Where I work, we have several old projects which have changed hands dozens of times. They work really well most of the time. However, when a change needs to be made, it can be one of the least cost effective things our company does. We have to bring new developers into poorly documented (and poorly written) code. This can take days or weeks, where the money we are making from the contract does not cover the cost of making the change. It's our fault for not managing the project better, but these projects became forgotten as bigger and better products came up and developers naturally moved onto different jobs. It would not surprise me if Cake was in a similar situation. There are bugs that need to be fixed, but the time and effort required to fix them does is not cost effective. That sucks.
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/10/24 18:35:58 (permalink)
BBB just contacted me. Cakewalk did not send a response to the complaint. BBB recoommends that I now file a complaint with the Boston Office of Consumer Affairs. I plan to. Whatever it takes to get Cake's attention.

Just to clarify: I still love Cakewalk and use Sonar exclusively. But they really need to amp up their customer service. And if this is what it takes, then this is what it takes. Tough love, I guess?

For anybody else interested... http://www.cityofboston.gov/consumeraffairs/pdfs/consumer.pdf
shang
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/11/13 01:27:55 (permalink)
I just finally submitted my BBB complaint too. And I have been holding off on buying my upgrade to Sonar 8.

I find it pretty humorous that Dimension Pro is one of the big selling points of Sonar 8 when they know it doesn't work as advertised and there is no evidence that they are supporting it anymore.

Shang
puppy38
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/11/25 21:00:00 (permalink)
same thing at 24bit/192Khz...and not just in dimension...

why 192?...dvd-a (audio only/5.1 surround...bigger nutshell available by request)...

so my hope is that cakewalk doesnt think that 96Khz should be the ceiling for fixing this problem...yesterday...

im kinda stuck here not being able to use one of the major selling points...so its a bit of a bummer...

insult to injury = sales on all sorts of new packs of sounds...free shipping for holiday...a little extra money on hand...

but i cannot justify purchasing something i cannot fully use...

cakewalk...please fix this...sincerely
post edited by puppy38 - 2008/11/25 21:14:21

windows 7 64bit, 3.25gHz dc/7gb ram, onboard POS audiocard, korg mr1, ensoniq asr-x, sonar 8.5.3...for now...

shang
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/11/25 23:50:50 (permalink)
There has been no response yet to my submission to the BBB. I have decided to start writing reviews on all the store websites to make people aware of the problem. I invite anyone else to join me. Maybe they'll grease a chorus of squeaky wheels.

Shang
shang
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/12/12 20:27:53 (permalink)
I got my official reply from the BBB:
"We have written to the business two times on your behalf and we have failed to receive a response to your complaint. Unfortunately, BBB can not compel businesses to answer complaints. In these instances your complaint becomes a matter of record with BBB and is important in connection with investigations and answering inquiries about the business."

So, I guess they are getting the same stellar support we are getting.

Shang
axis009
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/12/14 17:55:11 (permalink)
Thanks guys for all your helpful posts. I'm putting in a BBB complaint as well. They really need to fix this!
post edited by axis009 - 2008/12/14 18:08:07

SONAR 7.02, M-AUDIO Audiphile 192, PCI (WDM), ASUS P5E, 1333 MHz FSB, Core 2 Q9450 2.6GHz, 4 GB Corsair 6400 RAM, 640GB 7200RPM SATA2 (OS), 300GB SATA2 (scratch), XP Professional
axis009
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/12/14 20:58:44 (permalink)
thanks thx1200 for all the initiative you've taken on this. You'd think there was enough of us complaining about this major flaw in their product that they would have fixed it by now. I'll be calling them on Friday to put the pressure on as well.

I wonder if the same issue occurs in the Sonar 8 version....

SONAR 7.02, M-AUDIO Audiphile 192, PCI (WDM), ASUS P5E, 1333 MHz FSB, Core 2 Q9450 2.6GHz, 4 GB Corsair 6400 RAM, 640GB 7200RPM SATA2 (OS), 300GB SATA2 (scratch), XP Professional
axis009
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2008/12/17 08:15:41 (permalink)
Here's the response I got from Cakewalk tech support - probably the same message that you guys all got:

"Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Technical Support. We are aware of
this issue and hopefully an update will be available soon. SONAR 8
will not fix the issue unfortunately, sorry for the inconvenience."

Sonic the Hedgehog
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 733
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2009/01/02 20:48:57 (permalink)
Keeping this thread alive because it is a valid one. I too had an issue with DP two years ago which was never resolved...

''I work to live, but live to make music'' -Mahler
thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2009/01/10 18:33:27 (permalink)
Hi guys! I'm back. No good news, I should start out (before anybody gets excited).

I'm glad to see people filing BBB complaints. Cakewalk can ignore them all they want, but it goes on record with the BBB in their region, and that is what is important.

I'm about to send in my quarterly "what's the status" email to Cakewalk and I was pleasantly surprised to see that more people are still bumping this thread. In addition, it is worth nothing that this thread has had over 13,000 pageviews! Wow!

Will Cake ever take this seriously? I think they are. I just think there is another reason for the long delay. This is pure speculation, but maybe source code got deleted or a key developer left that was the only one who understood the app or... who knows! Not an excuse, per say, but maybe a reason.

Cake is usually pretty good with fixes (even if sometimes you have to pay to upgrade to get them).

So let's keep giving them pressure! Keep the BBB complaints going. Write letters to the Office of Consumer Affairs. Keep the pressure up! :-)

puppy38 - Very good point about the sample rate. I don't have hardware which supports 192Khz, but it doesn't surprise me that is affected too. It's worth noting that 88Khz and (I think) even 48Khz suffers this issue, so if it's fixed for 96Khz, all other sample rates should be fixed as well.
post edited by thx1200 - 2009/01/10 18:38:12
puppy38
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2009/01/27 18:26:37 (permalink)
so...anyone there?...

silence...

that is a sound we may have to get used to from cakewalk...

no help...no assistance...not even an email about this issue...

if for nothing else than to apologise...

i have gotten emails from cakewalk for all the sales and specials during the holidays...

for stuff i cannot even use that directly relates to dimension...

which came with sonar 8 that i purchased because of capabilities touted that did not exist...

thinking "this will work perfectly with my system"...

bummers all around...

so that silence from cakewalk could be the sound of the bad economy hitting them too...

no sales (since consumer confidence slowly erodes)...be it $4000 for the v-studio or a $49 sample pack (which will not be usable anyway)...

less people there to help and fix all issues...

and ultimately the re-defining of customer loyalty...

ive been with cakewalk since version 6...thru pro audio 9...and into the sonar era...

they gave me a great discount when i upgraded to sonar 7p...

leaps and bounds more so when i got the surprise free upgrade to sonar 8p...

at the time (just over 9 months ago) i had built a screaming system and made studio upgrades...

everything i read pointed out that i could once more put my money on cakewalk...

and this one issue...discovered only after purchasing...that doesnt just affect dimension pro...has made a significant impact on when i will do so again...

no one likes being misinformed...

but it is a slap in the face to think that they could somehow not know about the issue being discussed in this thread...and still send me an offer for sample packs...

with free shipping for the holidays...

i guess i shouldnt complain seeing as i did get great service at the point of sale...

but would they offer the same support if i called and inquired as to what i could purchase next time around that isnt cakewalk that might actually live up to its name?...

as sincerely as i could hope...

please cakewalk...fix this...

windows 7 64bit, 3.25gHz dc/7gb ram, onboard POS audiocard, korg mr1, ensoniq asr-x, sonar 8.5.3...for now...

thx1200
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2009/01/27 18:56:17 (permalink)
I agree, puppy38. However, I must point out that cakewalk is not silent on this issue. They have, and continue to, acknowledge this is a bug. They just refuse to commit to a date for a bug fix.

I'm currently boycotting Cakewalk purchases until this is resolved. I encourage you to file a BBB complaint and/or report them to the Office of Consumer Affairs (earlier in the thread).

They need to make this right. I want to be a fan again.

Hell, I'll sign a NDA and fix the problem myself. lol I'm a programmer. Maybe they just need a fresh set of eyes on the problem.
shang
RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2009/01/28 02:54:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thx1200
Hell, I'll sign a NDA and fix the problem myself. lol I'm a programmer. Maybe they just need a fresh set of eyes on the problem.

thx1200, now there's an idea! I'm actually a currently out-of-work programmer. Cakewalk! Let us at it! It's a win - win!

Shang
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1