Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
thx1200
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
2007/09/19 09:08:21 (permalink)

Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9

When in 96Khz/24bit, running Dim LE, plain jane Dimension, or Dimensino Pro 1.2, about half of the patches will cause the instrument to distort greatly and some will be so bad that the output meters will read a peak of 99.9. The distortion is always VERY LOUD so make sure you take care to keep volumes very low so you do not damage your gear (or ears).

The best example is "Brass Pad 1" under the "Pads" group.

How to reproduce

1. Set Sonar to 96Khz/24bit
2. Create a new project
3. Create a new instance of Dimension LE, Dimension, or Dimension Pro
4. Open the patch folder "Pads" and open patch "Brass Pad 1"
5. TURN YOUR VOLUME VERY VERY VERY LOW (you could potentially cause damage due to the audio distortion generated)
6. Play a note then turn the pitch wheel
7. You will hear squeeling instead of what you are supposed to hear and will see a meter output on Dimension of "+99.9"

Scope

This has been confirmed (on another thread) to happen in Dimension (the one that came with P5), Dimension LE, and Dimension Pro 1.2. I only have Dim LE and Dim, but another user confirmed Dim Pro for me in that other thread.

This problem does NOT occur in Rapture (Dim's "sister" synth) nor does it occur in any other instrument I've tried (I have about a dozen).

Is There a Solution?

I haven't found one except to not user 96/24, but that's unnacceptable to me so please don't suggest it. I'm hoping others can try this and see if it happens on their systems and if we get enough "me toos" I'll phone up Cakewalk and hopefully have enough ammunition to get them to look into it.

Thanks everyone!

144 Replies Related Threads

DaveClark
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 956
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/19 12:50:40 (permalink)
    Greetings all,

I have just now followed the exact procedure described by thx1200 with DPro version 1.2 and verified that the problem does exist with this choice of pad at 96/24 and SONAR 6PE.

If you try to duplicate this problem, please do be sure to follow thx1200's advice and turn the volume way down. I would highly recommend muting your sound card's WAV/MP3 or whatever you have for your WAV mixer setting. Be ready to hit the PANIC button (the !) to shut it off in case your muting didn't work for some reason. Also, don't turn the audio engine back on until you mute your sound card if you haven't already because the buffers are probably still full of bad data.

On a subsequent test with the volumes set at E1: 1.5%; E2: 1.0%; E3: 1.0% I played middle C then flicked the pitch wheel briefly with my audio card muted to save if from potential abuse. The audio went immediately to +86.9 db as measured by the audio meters in SONAR 6PEand stayed there for several seconds. After about 11 seconds, it finally decayed back to -30 db or so.

Needless to say, this is extremely bad behavior for software. If this were a physical product rather than software, it would be susceptible to being recalled as a safety hazard.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

vespesian
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 08:51:35 (permalink)
    BTW - this suddenly-dangerously-loud thing also happens with a few of the prog.'s in Rapture as well - it seems, to me, to be connected to certain filter configrations, eso. Lp2 - Lp6.

You're in an amazing state.

So stay there.

thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 11:15:00 (permalink)
    really? I went through a ton of Rapture patches and couldn't find one that did that. What specific patches cause this? if we can isolate it to a particular filter, that'd be great!

I mean i've run through filters in Rapture and had some off-the-chart resonance and distortion before but never during a pitch sweep, only through a filter sweep specifically and even then it was nothing like the +99.9 thing Dim did for me. lol. i just assumed rap and dim had very resonant filters and i needed to be careful. are the filters calmer in the 44/16 domain?

I wish rap and dim played well in 96khz. It makes me sad that they don't because they sound so good and kick so much butt! sigh!!!!
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 12:31:08 (permalink)
    How to reproduce

1. Set Sonar to 96Khz/24bit
    2. Create a new project
    3. Create a new instance of Dimension LE, Dimension, or Dimension Pro
    4. Open the patch folder "Pads" and open patch "Brass Pad 1"
    5. TURN YOUR VOLUME VERY VERY VERY LOW (you could potentially cause damage due to the audio distortion generated)
    6. Play a note then turn the pitch wheel
    7. You will hear squeeling instead of what you are supposed to hear and will see a meter output on Dimension of "+99.9"

I just followed this recipe with Dimension 1.2 and can't get the squeeling myself. I tried it on SONAR 7 on Vista x64, and in Cubase 4 on OSX 10.4.10 with same result. I remember than the original Dimension which shipped with Project5 (now discontinued) had this issue, but I fixed it for Dimension Pro long ago.

What OS are you using? does changing your latency make any change? Are you in a multiple core system? does changing SONAR multiprocessor mode make any change?

In any case, I suggest you to contact Technical Support no narrow this issue down. BTW, bit depth has most likely nothing to do here. The plug-ins work always in 32-bit floating point, regardless on what bit depth you set for your audio driver (16, 24, etc.)
    thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 14:11:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for showing up, Rene! I'm always glad to see Cake browsing the forums. For the record, I am having this problem in Dimension (P5) and Dimension LE (whichever release it came out of -- the latest Sonar or latest P5, can't remember when I started seeing it). I haven't bought Dimension Pro since others reported the same problem in Dimension Pro (patched up to 1.2) in this thread and the "SFZ distortion" thread. So if you know of the problem and have fixed it (at least one cause), I may go ahead and buy Dimension Pro and see if it goes away on my machine too when I patch it up to 1.2.

Is there any plan to upgrade the engine in Dimension LE and/or the original Dimension so it fixes this issue?

Does Sonar 7's bundled Dimension LE have the fix for this problem?

(I'm trying to weigh where my priorities are since money is tight and I want Sonar 7, Dimension, and tons of other stuff I can't afford -- luckily Cake's software is affordable even to poor starving artists!)

Thanks again for showing up and reinforcing my confidence that Cakewalk is the best music software company out there!

EDIT: When I say "latest Sonar" I meant "latest 6.x Sonar" since I don't (yet) own Sonar 7. Also, forgot to mention that latency makes no difference, single core CPU, Vista/XP makes no difference. From the sound of it, for my case I might get the issue fixed just by using Dimension Pro. I'm very curious if you have problems in LE, though, Rene. Thanks!
    post edited by thx1200 - 2007/09/20 14:23:16
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 15:04:50 (permalink)
    Greetings all,

René has also posted that he failed to reproduce the SFZ distortion problem. I don't recall seeing any update to this result.

----------------------

In working in software support in the past, I found that software developers often make lousy troubleshooters for many problems encountered by users.

The reason is that these people usually test their own private versions of software on a development machine and/or development network RATHER than going to a non-development-network, vanilla machine and following the USER PROCEDURES for *installing*, and *updating* software, then testing.

The result? They often fail to duplicate problems. Instead of stopping to think about their own environment, they turn around and interrogate the user about his/her environment, believing that the user or the user's environment is somehow at fault.

When this result occurs (cannot duplicate old problem), the ball has been dropped TWICE. The ball is dropped in getting "fixed" versions deployed properly; the ball is then dropped for the second time when the developer fails to test properly.

Now this may not be the case here, but I strongly suspect that this is exactly what is happening, unfortunately for everyone involved. I still believe that René has done an outstanding job of creating a great piece of software. However, creation isn't enough. It needs to be properly deployed and supported.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 15:35:52 (permalink)
    Thanks for showing up, Rene! I'm always glad to see Cake browsing the forums. For the record, I am having this problem in Dimension (P5) and Dimension LE (whichever release it came out of -- the latest Sonar or latest P5, can't remember when I started seeing it). I haven't bought Dimension Pro since others reported the same problem in Dimension Pro (patched up to 1.2) in this thread and the "SFZ distortion" thread. So if you know of the problem and have fixed it (at least one cause), I may go ahead and buy Dimension Pro and see if it goes away on my machine too when I patch it up to 1.2.

Is there any plan to upgrade the engine in Dimension LE and/or the original Dimension so it fixes this issue?

Does Sonar 7's bundled Dimension LE have the fix for this problem?

In all honestly, I think you should work with Support to see if you can find a way to get LE working in your system. Dimension Pro LE is actually newer than Dimension Pro 1.2, so the fix should be on it. If you're seeing this issue in LE, you're most likely going to see it in S7 LE too.

vespesian
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 15:55:25 (permalink)
    The problem rapture patches for me that I can recall are (sequence) "Smoothing Breath", (lead, rgc, exp pack 1 or 2) "Unuseable Lead". They are only a few more, in both the original & and expansion packs - and this has only happened to me when hosted in Sonar 6. I do recall that it was triggered either by simply loading - try "Smoothing Breath"....not that soothing - or by adjusting the cutoff of an Lp2, Lp4 or Lp6 filter, manually during playback. I run Vista 32 on a core 2 duo rig, edirol fa-66, pcr-300, nice clean machine, no other cakewalk software problems at all. Didn't think this was a big deal - Rapture works perfectly %99 of the time. But I NEVER change progs without safe-muting first.

You're in an amazing state.

So stay there.

DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/20 19:32:18 (permalink)
    Greetings all again,

Dimension LE has exactly the same problems as Dimension Pro --- both the pitchbending problem and the SFZ distortion problem.

For reference, this one:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\Dimension LE\Dimension LE.dll

Size: 1.64 MB (1,728,512 bytes)

Created: Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 5:28:14 PM

Modified: Wednesday, February 07, 2007, 3:45:34 PM

md5sum (Cygwin): b1bf966422826473bd98b296774be692 *Dimension LE.dll

Apparently "the fix" never made it.

Regards,
    Dave Clark
    thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/24 13:05:12 (permalink)
    I'm going to go ahead and submit a support request and see where I can get from there. I'll be back to report what they tell me (can't wait).
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/24 15:17:43 (permalink)
    Hi thx1200,

If you think it would help, I'd be willing to also send in a support request. If you think it would only add confusion, I won't.

If I may, I would recommend making sure that they understand that there WAS a confirmed problem and that René supposedly fixed it, but we don't see the fix in the current releases of Pro or LE. This should make their job significantly easier.

René posted:

I remember than the original Dimension which shipped with Project5 (now discontinued) had this issue, but I fixed it for Dimension Pro long ago.

I'm somewhat hopeful that this "fix" would solve the SFZ distortion problem, also.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/24 23:01:01 (permalink)
    Sure, I don't see how it could hurt. Go for it! This problem is really bugging me and preventing me from using Dimension LE, which has great patches when it's working (as long as I don't attempt to manipulate the pitch wheel and according to vespesian, some of the filters lol)! I guess there aren't many 96Khz users out there, so they probably don't hear from many people about issues at that sample rate. :-) I noticed that some of the filters seemed REALLY aggressive, but it never dawned on me that they weren't supposed to sound that way until vespesian's post! I need to mess with the filters in rap/dim at 44.1 to see if they sound more mild at that sample rate. But one problem at a time! I'll be happy when the pitch wheel problem is fixed.
    LionSound
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3616
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/26 01:44:03 (permalink)
    Rene, are you relly unable to repro the pitch wheel at 96k bug with DimPro? When I run DP at 96k the PW causes garbled audio on any patch, any sound. There's been a tone of threads about this, too.

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com
    thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/26 09:42:30 (permalink)
    LionSound - Submit a support request (via email or phone). Maybe we just need to convince them it's not just one or two random people, but there's a real problem out there. I submitted an email request late Monday night, so I'm hoping to get a reply by the end of the week.
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/26 09:57:13 (permalink)
    Hi thx1200,

Just wanted to let you know that I myself did send in an email either yesterday or the day before about this pitch wheel problem. I took the liberty of mentioning the SFZ distortion problem (again) suggesting that these problems may be related. They can sound similar when it doesn't go to +99.9 db, a squealing or squeaking kind of sound.

I also mentioned that René claimed he could not duplicate EITHER problem and suggested that perhaps they should ask him about this "fix" that seemingly was dropped somewhere along the way, or undone somehow. That seems an obvious thing to track down to find out what actually happened.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/26 21:06:41 (permalink)
    Okay, I heard back from Cake. Here's their reply...

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Technical Support. And thank you for
    bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce this problem
    with Dimension LE in Project5v2.5. It also occurred in SONAR 7 with
    LE; however, this issue may vary from interface to interface, so I
    can't say for certain (yet) if this is solely Dimension's bug. It
    could be an up/down sampling issue with specific sound cards in
    certain driver modes. This does not occur in any other sampling rate,
    other than 96k, with my set up.

I have a few questions that may help us get to the bottom of this: Are
    you using ASIO, WDM, MME drivers? What MIDI interface or controller
    are you using to send the pitch bend? Does this happen with both the
    VST and DXi versions of Dimension?

I will escalate this issue and log it in our tracking system. I can
    assure you we will take this seriously and put it through a battery of
    tests.

Thanks again for the report.

And my reply back:

Thank you for the prompt reply, Steve.

To answer your questions:
    1. I am able to replicate this problem in WDM and ASIO modes. I have not tried MME. I normally operate in WDM.

2. I initially sent pitch control messages from my Yahama CS2X as my controller. I also tried my old Roland Alpha Junos. I have also "drawn" pitch bends in Sonar using the mouse by creating a pitch envelope.

3. VST versus DXi: I don't know -- I only have the DXi version installed right now.

Side note: There are some other (possibly related) problems noted at 96Khz for Dimension Pro which do NOT happen at other sampling rates. I have also been able to replicate these using the OLD "Dimension" (not Pro and not LE) that came with the original P5v2 but I do not own DimPro (yet). See my "pitch" thread and also the second thread (distortion using SFZ) at the links below for more information. I suspect Dimension only because I have several other soft-synths I use and none of them exhibit this problem at 96Khz: Rapture, Atmosphere, VSampler, JunoX2, Pentgon, and then the other ones that come with Sonar and P5 all work fine.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

"SFZ Distortion" Post:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1111166

My "pitch" post:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1159575
    LionSound
    • Total Posts : 3616
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/27 01:32:41 (permalink)
    THX1200,

Interesting post there. For the record and for Rene or any other Devs who might need this information I am using an RME Fireface800 in ASIO mode in Vista X64 with a CME UF8 controller (connected via MIDI, not USB). I get the issue at 96k in Sonar 6.2.1 x86 inside of Vista X64, havent tested with Sonar X64 though.

Thanks!

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/27 14:33:04 (permalink)
    Hi thx1200,

I also received a reply from Tech Support, basically a copy of what you received.

Unless SONAR is invoking drivers for mixdown, this problem is not caused by sound card, drivers, etc. Nor is the SFZ distortion problem, as I previously demonstrated.

-----------------------------

This software rendering procedure, something like that which Cakewalk Tech Support should have performed, creates HUGE floating point values without making a sound.

Download (RIGHT-CLICK/Save Link As...):

Mixdown Pitchbend Bundle

Start SONAR 6PE.

Open Project that was downloaded:

DPro_PitchBend.cwb

Accepting default directories, etc. or change as you like....

Options/Audio set to 96,000 Sample/sec. IMPORTANT to ensure that rate is set correctly!

Select DPro Tracks (highlight for mixdown) and

Edit/Bounce to Track(s)

Note extreme floating point values in the new track for very small (194), very brief pitch bend.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/09/27 14:38:07 (permalink)
    I completely agree. I strongly suspect Dimension, unless like you said, it somehow invokes driver-level calls even on bounce-to-tracks, which just doesn't really make any sense. Besides, we seem to be using all different hardware anyway. However, the person who replied back is probably not on the developement team, so I don't blame him at all. He just wants to cover all the bases and I'm sure they get hundreds of stupid tech support requests every day. I don't even want to know how many times they get "my audio clicks during playback" due to buffer overflows. lol.
    thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/10/14 10:57:47 (permalink)
    Just a bump to keep this topic active. I still haven't heard back from support after confirmation of bug. Going to email them again to ask for update. Will keep everybody posted...
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/10/14 12:46:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: thx1200

I still haven't heard back from support after confirmation of bug.

Same here.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

On edit: Version 1.1 has the same pitch-wheel problem, tested under HS4 on another machine.

post edited by DaveClark - 2007/10/14 21:15:02
    stratcat33511
    • Total Posts : 3636
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/10/16 13:23:03 (permalink)
    add me to the list
    I tried this for fun and curiosity

I'm using WusikStation as a workaround

DimPro only works at 24/44.1k for me

MR_Sine
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/23 13:26:16 (permalink)
    Hi everyone...I finally bit the bullet and got Dim Pro a few days ago. Let me just say that I'm really impressed of everything this wonderful synth has to offer and I really hate it that my 1st post after purchasing would be about a bug, but I just hope it gets fixed and make Dim Pro even a better product.

My Setup:
    AMD64 X2 3800+, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 (32bit), M-Audio 2496 audiophile sound card with M-Audio ASIO driver runnging at 24/96. Using energyXT 1.4, XT2, and Reaper 2.0 as VST hosts. Yamaha SY77 + Behringer BCR2000 are my MIDI controllers.

The problem(s):

In DimPro v1.0 VST: the pitch bend either cuts off the sound in some patches or make the volume level shoots to max (like a feedback sound in a highly distorted guitar) in other patches.

In DimProv1.2 VST: In the patches I tested I only get the 2nd problem now. Example: dial in the Agressive lead (1st patch in the Leads section).

All these problems disappear when the sample rate is adjusted to 44.1khz. I noticed that when the rate is 88.2khz, although the above problems are gone, I think the pitch bending screws up the pitch of the note when the wheel returns to the zero position, but when you hit the note again the pitch is back to normal. So this makes the 44.1 rate the only solution for now.

As to why I prefer to use 96khz, VST synths just sound better at this rate (or higher). I am no expert, but some VST makers suggest using these higher frequencies to avoid aliasing problems (Example: LinPlug Alpha 3 emulates the Roland Juno better when used at 96khz).

So, do I need to file a formal bug fix request to customer service, or is posting here enough?

Thanks.
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/23 14:58:20 (permalink)
    Hi MR_Sine,

Thanks for posting your findings.

So, do I need to file a formal bug fix request to customer service, or is posting here enough?

I recommend submitting a formal report because it's more likely to elevate the priority of fixing the problem. If Cakewalk starts communicating with us regarding status or scheduling, then this may not be necessary, but they haven't said anything about it publicly for quite some time.

The sample rate of 44,100 samples/sec is the only sample rate that appears to have no problems for version 1.2.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

MR_Sine
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/24 01:02:35 (permalink)
    Done!
    MR_Sine
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/25 15:24:26 (permalink)
    I think there are more problems than just the level problem in 96k. Call me crazy, but when I play a piano patch (e.g.the largest one in the original 1.2 version or even a Rhodes patch), the higher octave on my 61key controller sounds weird. It sounds as if there is a filter applied to the sample with the filter envelope (with slow attack and fast decay) invoked. This is only the case for the highest octave, and of course when the sample rate is restored to 44.1 everything sounds normal. Can someone confirm this?
    DaveClark
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/25 20:24:23 (permalink)
    Hi again MR_Sine,

Yes.

There was initially an incredible amount of denial, but I believe that folks now generally accept that there is a problem just as you described. Cakewalk has known about this since June 2007 or so, but I would definitely recommend submitting a problem report to elevate the status of this one, too.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

thx1200
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/27 22:58:20 (permalink)
    Well, I still haven't heard anything. I'm going to submit another email form (why won't they reply with a "from" address I can reply to from Outlook????) to see what's going on. Consider this post a bump. Glad to see it's been viewed over a thousand times. At least the userbase is noticing our plight!

My fear is that the various 96khz bugs are resulting from a large core flaw which is requiring a very large amount of debugging and rewriting. Just speculation here, but if it was a simple fix, or even a not-so-simple, but not huge, fix it would be done by now. I guess they feel that either most people don't find this a critical bug or are perfectly happy operating in the 44.1Khz domain.

Cakewalk - I've been a customer since version 5.0. And I don't mean Sonar 5.0. I mean Cakewalk 5.0 for DOS which came out in like the early 90s. I've had little to complain about to this point, even during the dark buggy Sonar 1.0 years. You guys always make things right! But it's the lack of response on your side with this that's frustrating. If Cakewalk would come on here to this thread and just tell us something like we're sorry about this but it's a huge thing and it will take eight months to fix. Well then at least I know WHEN the fix is coming! That's all I'm asking. I know Cakewalk isn't a gigantic company like Microsoft with tons of resources to spare. Bugs happen. But can you please open the line of communication here? I know Cakewalk techs lurk and post here. Give us a heads up. That's ALL we are asking for. We're reasonable. Obviously a quick fix is ideal for us, but at least give us a dialog to let us know we aren't forgotten!

See you guys next month when I bump this topic again. ;-)
    MR_Sine
    RE: Dimension @ 96Khz/24bit - pitch wheel causes meters to shoot up to +99.9 2007/11/28 02:48:03 (permalink)
    thx1200: I got an e-mail from Brett from the Customer service as a reply to my first bug report.
    He basically said they could duplicate the problem and they are fully aware of it and that he will forward the info to the development team. He also said there are no promises/guarantees as to when such a bug will be fixed, probably in a future update.

Nothing yet about the 2nd complaint, although I have a feeling they are fully aware of it. Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

Best.
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1