Helpful ReplyDoes this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades!

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 19:19:27 (permalink)
Obviously beep you can do as you wish. Just for me it's personally it's poor form. It's like the guy who drops out of high school early and then has nothing else to do so he shows up at lunchtime to visit his old friends or something. 

I mean there are other forums for home recording and comparison of daws and such things. It seems not right to me that people pop up in the SOnar X1 and X2 forum saying they are moving to Cubase or Studio One or Reaper or Ableton and that they have lost confidence in Cakewalk and boy have Roland made some big mistakes etc and then expect no repercussions from users who are able to make the software work. 

Sort of like- this software sux, I'm moving on to bigger and better things- but don't worry I'll be here 5 hours a day all the same.

Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 19:33:29 (permalink)
backwoods
Obviously beep you can do as you wish. Just for me it's personally it's poor form. It's like the guy who drops out of high school early and then has nothing else to do so he shows up at lunchtime to visit his old friends or something. 

I mean there are other forums for home recording and comparison of daws and such things. It seems not right to me that people pop up in the SOnar X1 and X2 forum saying they are moving to Cubase or Studio One or Reaper or Ableton and that they have lost confidence in Cakewalk and boy have Roland made some big mistakes etc and then expect no repercussions from users who are able to make the software work. 

Sort of like- this software sux, I'm moving on to bigger and better things- but don't worry I'll be here 5 hours a day all the same.

Uh... yeah, okay. Do you seriously think I'd just hang out bashing Cakewalk?

Good grief, man.
SuperG
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1371
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 20:15:00 (permalink)
Grief aside,

I, for one, am taking advantage of the upgrade. It's a good deal price-wise to go from Essential to Producer. What it says to me is 'go for it!'.

laudem Deo
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 20:17:43 (permalink)
doncolga
Well I just upgraded to X2 for the $50 this weekend.  It took a really long time to download all that stuff and I've not actually done the install yet.  To me that was worth getting Rapture alone...not to mention OverLoud.  Excited to play with both of those.

I find x2 to be smoother and better optimize vs x1. Have fun!

Dave
Songs

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 22:01:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby lawp 2013/08/07 04:39:59
cclarry
I seriously doubt I will be doing the upgrade, if,and when, it becomes available....for several reasons..

First and foremost - the Product released as Sonar X2 was bug infested....as evidenced by an "immediate" quickfix, and then
some "250" fixes in the X2a patch...
which only added a flurry of "other" bugs...whether they be "minor" issues for some and "major" issues for others is irrelevant.

I'm not slamming Cake or X2...I'm discussing MY opinion....some guys here say they are using it "without" issue...because they've
instituted "workarounds".  That's not "without" issue in any sense of the word.  That's called "coping".

Second - Cakewalks failure to even "discuss" the REAL issues of X2a...stating they have been "sequestered"...that's hogwash...
You don't "sequester" your reps....that's VERY BAD BUSINESS...VERY BAD BUSINESS indeed.

Third - as has been stated, if you're not happy...go elsewhere...that is all of our prerogatives....

Surprisingly I have found INCREDIBLE stability in a 64 bit DAW....won't say which one....but it is the LEAST expensive...
and is probably one of the most powerful and useful I've found...it's editing is incredible, it's features are very well 
thought out....and it's reps stay in contact with it's users.....no corporate HORSE PUCKY to deal with...they just do
their job, unrestrained by "Corporate" politics....which is ALWAYS BAD BUSINESS, as I previously stated.

I've been in the recording business, computer business, and performing business for as long as I can remember...30+ years...

I'm seriously disappointed in Cakewalk...they had an opportunity to REALLY take this field over...and they let their TREMENDOUS
egos get in the way...and everyone knows what I mean...and NOW Roland comes in the picture, restrains everyone, and thinks
that they are doing a good thing...it is my opinion that they are SERIOUSLY mistaken, as is evidenced by the number of those JUST IN THIS FORUM
that have "abandoned ship" on, what the fanbois call, a "Stable" program.  A program should function "out of the box" without
"workarounds" and such...and, when it doesn't, the issues should be addressed in a timely fashion...NOT by telling customers/users to just "sit and wait".

No DAW is flawless...there are always issues....but some Companies are "doing the do" to keep their products functional and productive,
and others are just "flogging the dog".  

Also, those who criticize the company should not be "sequestered" and "Locked" by the Reps, nor should the Reps read "Private" messages...
If your product is as good as you think it is...then you should have no fear of that...nor should anyone be so
childish as to "run and tell mommy and daddy when they feel the others aren't playing nice"

We're adults here (supposedly) and, if you don't like someones opinion or thoughts, then DON'T READ or COMMENT ON THEM....that alone
will end the thread...

I see a bunch of babies in here....don't talk about my product..I'll cry...really...GROW UP...be ADULT...let someone else speak their mind
just as you have the freedom to speak yours...that is what this COUNTRY is supposed to be about... and THAT is TRULY being ADULT
and PROFESSIONAL...but, instead, you all whine like little school kids on the playground when someone has taken their toy...and CAKE
Is right in there.....doing the same...reading private messages and locking threads...that's just ludicrous...and GASTAPO/FASCIST.

Talking about your experiences is not ADVERTISING for another company...it's stating YOUR OPINION and EXPERIENCE...
NOW, if they say SCREW SONAR - BUY "WHATEVER" OVER HERE FOR $XXX, then that is a violation of the TOS....but talking about your
personal experiences with Sonar or any other DAW is not "ADVERTISING", it's relating PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Things may be GREAT FOR YOU...but they may not be so great for someone else...let them state their experiences..
you don't have to like it...YOU have the right to NOT READ, NOT COMMENT, and NOT REPLY...and just let the thread die...

It amazes me what truly childish people you all are...with your FINE GOODBYE AND DON'T COME BACK...statements and such...really?
Saying "I'm glad you've found something that works for you and I wish you the best" would be a far more PROFESSIONAL response...

My only hope...that X3 is WHAT THEY ADVERTISE it to be...and that they realize that "they put their pants on one leg at at time"
just like everyone else does....and my other wish....that the forum members here "grow up"....

Here's one thing I can tell you for sure...if not...we're all in trouble...

Excellent post Larry, I for one find myself nodding in agreement with every paragraph.

Roland should insist that this is printed off and stuck on the wall of every office in Cakewalkland.

Being told by a Cakewalk staffer that when we're criticising their product, it's "their livelihood" that we're effectively discussing and affecting is simply sidestepping the issue. What about the livelihood of their (professional) customers who have records to make and deadlines to meet, who just expect the software to work as advertised?

Make the product work, and your 'livelihood' will take care of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I love all things Cakewalk, and I genuinely want them to succeed - and take me as a customer along for the ride.

But I want to know I'm being listened to. I want to know that I'm being taken seriously. I certainly don't want to be fobbed off with excuses, empty words and corporate-speak.

And furthermore, I don't want to be made to feel that I can't offer up genuine criticism and maybe even vent a little every now and then without having to look over my shoulder all the time in case I get banned, or reported by other forum users for what I've said.

Cakewalk will only improve and become more successful, to the benefit of us all, by listening to those who can't get their product to work as advertised. Not by receiving sycophantic plaudits from those who think it's perfect. Or in some cases I've absolutely no doubt, and for some unfathomable reason, pretend it's perfect.

As I've said before, this forum is the most useful market research tool they have, should they choose to take advantage of it. I'd employ someone to be on here every day - not only to chip in and deal with the odd public relations response, but to take a really deep look into what's being said, what's being complained about, and what is making customers' unhappy.

Feature Request forms are all well and good, and long may that avenue be open to us, but they're no substitute for getting stuck in and taking the pulse of the user base.

And once that information has been absorbed and processed, make a statement - keep people informed. No one's asking for Cakewalk to specifically reveal upcoming features or new toys; that would be impractical and downright folly.

But bearing in mind the recent mood of the forum, I can't for the life of me see what the problem is with simply stating that they're working on a patch for X2 or they're not?

Look at it this way - if they are going to release a patch, what possible harm could such an announcement do? Or to look at it another way, what possible advantage would such an announcement cede to their competitors? On the other hand, consider just how much good will and continued interest such an announcement would engender among their customers.

Conversely, if they have no plans to release a patch, what difference would it make long term if they did announce this? I mean, we're going to find out anyway when they announce X3.

On the other hand, you don't have to look very far to see what the result of not making a statement has been. People are getting restless, tempers are getting frayed, and, inevitably, talk is turning to customers threatening their impending defection to other products.

Taking all this into account, and then factoring in the locking of 'subversive' threads, and the banning of a certain person (or people?) for what was said in a Private Message, my reading of the situation is of a company that's not exactly brimming with confidence and is sure of itself and its products. I wouldn't go as far as using the words 'panicking' and 'desperate' just yet, but let's all hope it never gets that far.

I might be absolutely way off the mark here, and I'd love to be comprehensively proved wrong. But if that's the way that I perceive the situation to be, or anyone else perceives the situation to be, then who's responsibility is it to do everything practical to dispel that feeling? And I'll tell you what - locking threads and banning 'dissenters' (who have had genuine and well-publicised problems) is certainly not the way to go about it.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I truly believe a little more communication and understanding from Cakewalk would go an awful long way to keeping their customers happy, and as a result - loyal.

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2013/08/06 22:08:50

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

kellyg
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 22:27:07 (permalink)
I started a recording project just as X1 came out. Because the studio I work back and forth with is at Sonar 8.5, I have actually been working in that and have purchased the upgrades, along with several Pro channel plugins to stay up with the trend. I'm actually going to have to learn to use X whatever when I finish the current project

Kelly R. Gazzaway
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 00:05:33 (permalink)
Keni
Well... For those wondering, this sounds to me as if they are about to roll out the next upgrade in another month or two... Next they'll add free upgrade to X3 with X2 purchase...

Here we go again ...   (sigh)

I've been away.  In the forest actually, offline...

mike_mccue
I watched one of those "here's how my SONAR bug works" Youtube videos last week and I realized I had forgotten how ugly the SONAR gui looks.

I'd like to beg to differ.  We had a family gathering this evening in honour of a my brother-in-law who is visiting from LA.  He's a professional doing audio for the film industry.  An Apple guy, exclusively ProTools (like everyone else in his line of work).  He'd never heard of Sonar.  A couple of hours ago I showed him my X2P, first loaded with one of the demo songs that comes with X2, then a small project that just had each important synth loaded for easy demoing.

I've said this before, but I'm going to repeat it :  [on my 30" Dell monitor] X2 looks absolutely fantastic.  ProTools is not even close.  I was pretty proud to show it off.

Leaving the rest of X2 aside, I'm extremely happy with the way it looks.

[Just wanted to slip this in before Ryan locks the thread ]

post edited by Paul P - 2013/08/07 00:29:13

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Chrisma
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 585
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 01:24:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2013/08/07 09:09:02
The simplest thing Cakewalk could do is offer a FREE public beta of X3 (if that is what's coming next) to existing X2P owners. If they nail the right bugs even the most unhappy of use would (reluctantly) hand over the money if X3 would solve the problems. This would also allow those who are on the fence to decide to either stay or move on based on their OWN experience with X3 on their OWN DAW in their OWN workflow without spending an additional dime. Seems far and simple enough to me. This complete secrecy marketing style has passed it's time. Customers really wanna help companies build their brand. Social media...media created by customers/users about products and services at no charge for companies. What a concept...

Question, if your in business who is most important to you? Your competition or customers? Last time I checked the competition doesn't pay the bills...Not saying keeping up with or watching the competition and guarding trade secrets isn't important but I am saying it is much easier to get repeat business (if you take good care of your existing customers) than finding new ones. I also personal find that existing happy customers are much more forgiving when things don't go as planned. They just want to be informed and not left to ENTIRELY guess about what is going own. 
post edited by Chrisma - 2013/08/07 01:46:08
Chrisma
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 585
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 01:24:37 (permalink)
Double post.
post edited by Chrisma - 2013/08/07 01:42:45
backwoods
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 01:26:24 (permalink)
I might be absolutely way off the mark here, and I'd love to be comprehensively proved wrong.

I don't see how anyone can really prove you wrong or right on this steve.

Just by being interested in the DAW market for a few years now I get the feeling margins are very thin. I don't think Cakewalk could afford to have a fulltime person on the forum. Do you remember that thread where Anderton was saying the CEO of one major DAW company was not exactly driving an expensive car for example.

And even though the prices for software has plummeted, people somehow expect service and support to remain just the same as when they paid 3 or four times for software. It doesn't add up I tells ye. (Course, I could be way off the mark)

Companies can learn from constructive criticism I agree but how much venting on this forum is constructive? What can Cakewalk learn by having that cclarry post pinned up in every office? That they have "TREMENDOUS egos"?   Some guys around here seem to think a company would prefer to have more dissatisfied customers than pleased ones. Because it would help the company improve more quickly or something.....

One thing that is interesting to me is that the Cakewalk facebook page is going gangbusters and most people there seem very happy with their Cakewalk experience. Likewise on steam, the Music Creator page is pretty positive too.

Also, who are these guys who think Sonar is perfect? No such guys I'm afraid steve. If you want a guy talking about a near perfect DAW on the Cakewalk forum you keep an eye out for the Jeff Evans posts.
post edited by backwoods - 2013/08/07 01:52:34

lawp
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1154
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 05:26:28 (permalink)
cake staff seem to be participating more on the steam forums these days
J4R10
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 06:02:23 (permalink)
cclarryI'm seriously disappointed in Cakewalk...they had an opportunity to REALLY take this field over...and they let their TREMENDOUS
egos get in the way...and everyone knows what I mean...and NOW Roland comes in the picture, restrains everyone, and thinks
that they are doing a good thing...it is my opinion that they are SERIOUSLY mistaken, as is evidenced by the number of those JUST IN THIS FORUM
that have "abandoned ship" on, what the fanbois call, a "Stable" program.  A program should function "out of the box" without
"workarounds" and such...and, when it doesn't, the issues should be addressed in a timely fashion...NOT by telling customers/users to just "sit and wait".

No DAW is flawless...there are always issues....but some Companies are "doing the do" to keep their products functional and productive,
and others are just "flogging the dog".  

Also, those who criticize the company should not be "sequestered" and "Locked" by the Reps, nor should the Reps read "Private" messages...
If your product is as good as you think it is...then you should have no fear of that...nor should anyone be so
childish as to "run and tell mommy and daddy when they feel the others aren't playing nice"

We're adults here (supposedly) and, if you don't like someones opinion or thoughts, then DON'T READ or COMMENT ON THEM....that alone
will end the thread...

I see a bunch of babies in here....don't talk about my product..I'll cry...really...GROW UP...be ADULT...let someone else speak their mind
just as you have the freedom to speak yours...that is what this COUNTRY is supposed to be about... and THAT is TRULY being ADULT
and PROFESSIONAL...but, instead, you all whine like little school kids on the playground when someone has taken their toy...and CAKE
Is right in there.....doing the same...reading private messages and locking threads...that's just ludicrous...and GASTAPO/FASCIST.

Talking about your experiences is not ADVERTISING for another company...it's stating YOUR OPINION and EXPERIENCE...
NOW, if they say SCREW SONAR - BUY "WHATEVER" OVER HERE FOR $XXX, then that is a violation of the TOS....but talking about your
personal experiences with Sonar or any other DAW is not "ADVERTISING", it's relating PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Things may be GREAT FOR YOU...but they may not be so great for someone else...let them state their experiences..
you don't have to like it...YOU have the right to NOT READ, NOT COMMENT, and NOT REPLY...and just let the thread die...

It amazes me what truly childish people you all are...with your FINE GOODBYE AND DON'T COME BACK...statements and such...really?
Saying "I'm glad you've found something that works for you and I wish you the best" would be a far more PROFESSIONAL response...

About 2-3 months ago I told my opinion about Cakewalk's obviously unfinished product they're selling and their current marketing tactics, and got some guys tellin' me that if I have no issues with X1 I should keep my mouth shut and stop "trolling" ("trolling" = saying something negative about Cakewalk or their products).

I've purchased Sonar 7 Producer, Dimension Pro, Sonar 8 Producer, couple of DSF Expansion packs, X1 Producer and every single ProChannel Module there is, so I think I have a right to state my opinion as a Cakewalk customer. But obviously this is not right place/forum to criticize the company for their marketing tactics and selling unfinished product that should have been fixed by now. Can you tell me what is that right forum to criticize Cakewalk if not official Cakewalk forum? Someone here told me that he doesn't understand what my problem is (maybe it's my poor english, I don't know) and to me it sounded like: No issues with Cakewalk products? Well, then get out of here!

Well, I was really going to upgrade to X2 but more I read this forum, I found out that I might actually bump into some serious issues. Someone told me that I can run the demo and it won't affect my X1 projects. Luckily someone else here told me that my current X1 project files might get corrupted - you never know. So, I decided to skip X2 'cos it has nothing to offer me. I've learned to use X1 and I'm more than happy with my current workflow. I don't need touch screen, Breverb, TH2 or console emulator, or BUGS. Why fix (upgrade) something that is not broken with something that is broken?

As I told you before, I am more than happy with my Sonar X1d Producer Expanded, and yes it's true that I haven't wrote many posts here because I'VE HAD NO BIG ISSUES WITH X1, that's why. It's just so damn sad to see a once good and decent company gone bad in almost every possible way, and I'm talking about marketing and selling X2 and not fixing its issues but instead focusing on working to get a new money maker on the market.

I think they should focus on getting their flagship product bug free, fixed and flawless, not adding anymore third party LE products just to make the bundle look impressive. You wanna sell professional DAW? Then make it professional.

If you think I'm just trolling here, please feel free to skip this post. Close your eyes and ears and forget I ever wrote here. Mods: If you think I've gone out of line, please feel free to delete my Cakewalk User Forum account.

Win 7 (x64), Core i5 3000 MHz, 8GB RAM, Asus P8H67-V, RME 9632 Hammerfall, Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro, Soundcraft Compact 4, Roland A-500S
Sonar X1d Producer Expanded (x64), Reason 6.5, Superior Drummer 2.0, Amplitube 3, T-RackS Grand, iZotope Ozone 5, ValhallaDSP and Waves audio plugins

The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 07:31:06 (permalink)
I sincerely enjoy hearing that you are so well pleased.

If we get back the custom color options that we had for 15 years before they disappeared in SONAR X we can all be as well pleased.

all the best,
mike

Paul P
Keni
Well... For those wondering, this sounds to me as if they are about to roll out the next upgrade in another month or two... Next they'll add free upgrade to X3 with X2 purchase...

mike_mccue
I watched one of those "here's how my SONAR bug works" Youtube videos last week and I realized I had forgotten how ugly the SONAR gui looks.

I'd like to beg to differ.  We had a family gathering this evening in honour of a my brother-in-law who is visiting from LA.  He's a professional doing audio for the film industry.  An Apple guy, exclusively ProTools (like everyone else in his line of work).  He'd never heard of Sonar.  A couple of hours ago I showed him my X2P, first loaded with one of the demo songs that comes with X2, then a small project that just had each important synth loaded for easy demoing.

I've said this before, but I'm going to repeat it :  [on my 30" Dell monitor] X2 looks absolutely fantastic.  ProTools is not even close.  I was pretty proud to show it off.

Leaving the rest of X2 aside, I'm extremely happy with the way it looks.

[Just wanted to slip this in before Ryan locks the thread ]

musicroom
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 08:38:32 (permalink)
These type of threads spiders out to a lot opinions - some appear to be downright rants while other posts appear to be a bit more constructive. I think everyone who owns a license to use X2 has a right to state their opinions here as long as it stays within the TOS guidelines. The type of posts that irritates me is when someone mentions they use X2 without major grief, the disbelieving sarcasm comes flowing in. A lot of these same posters than take a stance that the satisfied users don't tolerate the dissatisfied users. Quite frankly, it appears to be the opposite. It you're a satisfied user, be prepared to be called a fanboi and in general be disrespected by the ones who claim bugs are everywhere. If the product is working or not working for you, then by all means, state your stance. Go for it. Lastly, I'm in the dark with the bazillion bugs that keep people unhappy and unable to use the product. What are these showstoppers? Do I have a special musicroom version? Because I load it up, arm the tracks and record. I then load the project and edit/mix. I'm not inhibited in anyway. No stutters, no crashes. It just works. Does the lack of customizing colors bother me, very little, but not really. I would like to customize more, but it isn't like the look isn't clean and professional. Not high contrast pink and yellow for instance. It's just software, and imo a very good value for the dollar. We usually can "choose" to update for what a mid range vst might cost. I guess I should thank cake/roland for sending me the non-lemon version. If anyone wants my copy to put their license on, let me know.

Dave
Songs

The Maillard Reaction
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 08:44:07 (permalink)
That seems very reasonable, yet we had one poster (whom I know to be a very nice and sincere fellow) recently make the statement that SONAR is working great for him, then he explained hadn't used it all year long and that he's never tried using it with a microphone.

That sort of situation invites comment and speculation.

FWIW, I find SONAR to be extremely stable, my personal experience is 99.9% stability, but that is because I know exactly how to make it crash.

all the best,
mike

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 10:22:51 (permalink)
mike_mccue
That seems very reasonable, yet we had one poster (whom I know to be a very nice and sincere fellow) recently make the statement that SONAR is working great for him, then he explained hadn't used it all year long and that he's never tried using it with a microphone.

That sort of situation invites comment and speculation.

FWIW, I find SONAR to be extremely stable, my personal experience is 99.9% stability, but that is because I know exactly how to make it crash.

all the best,
mike

And one poster keeps repeatedly commenting on the bugs in X2 and it's usability, even though he's never owned it..

He even took the X2 satisfaction survey, having never owned it or used it.

This could invite comment.  I cannot speak for his character, though.

Sonar Platinum
mmorgan
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 676
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 10:59:46 (permalink)
If one were to just refer to Sonar wouldn't that be inclusive of, say, 8.5.3 (or X1 or 7)? Not that anyone would be so disengenuous to do so.

Regards,

Mike

Win8(64), Sonar X3e(64) w/ RME Fireface UFX.
The Maillard Reaction
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 11:09:02 (permalink)

"I cannot speak for his character, though."

My guess is that many people remember how many times you have taken the liberty to do so.

Enjoy.

best regards,
mike

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 11:58:06 (permalink)
mike_mccue

"I cannot speak for his character, though."

My guess is that many people remember how many times you have taken the liberty to do so.

Enjoy.

best regards,
mike

I'm not sure I have taken any liberties.  I leave that to you.  "Let them know you by your deeds."

Have fun.

Sonar Platinum
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 12:16:12 (permalink)
mike_mccue
I sincerely enjoy hearing that you are so well pleased. If we get back the custom color options that we had for 15 years before they disappeared in SONAR X we can all be as well pleased. all the best,mike  
Paul P
Keni

mike_mccue

Ha!

Sorry Mike but it made me smile... I too wish for the color customization, but the X2 colors are a little easier for me than X1 so I haven't been quite as bothered...

For me the main thing I need fixed/changed is the situation with Lanes... I was great with Layers tho the needed some fixing, ut the Lanes and related zoom issues are an absolute nightmare for me...

I would happily pay for that to be dealt with and as long as nothing else breaks, I couldn't care less what they add to it... Tho a pulled PC module would be fun... ;-)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
endoverend
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 12:59:31 (permalink)
I have to say, when folks are complaining about ANYTHING that costs less than dinner for 4 at a restaurant they are out of their minds.
With 13k in guitar gear alone.....

Win 7 64, I7 2600k, 16gb
Sonar X2A, RME FF 800
Pro Tools 11.01HD Native Card 16/16 I/O
built by www.studiocat.com 
vintagevibe
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 13:26:57 (permalink)
musicroom
These type of threads spiders out to a lot opinions - some appear to be downright rants while other posts appear to be a bit more constructive. I think everyone who owns a license to use X2 has a right to state their opinions here as long as it stays within the TOS guidelines. The type of posts that irritates me is when someone mentions they use X2 without major grief, the disbelieving sarcasm comes flowing in. A lot of these same posters than take a stance that the satisfied users don't tolerate the dissatisfied users. Quite frankly, it appears to be the opposite. It you're a satisfied user, be prepared to be called a fanboi and in general be disrespected by the ones who claim bugs are everywhere. If the product is working or not working for you, then by all means, state your stance. Go for it. Lastly, I'm in the dark with the bazillion bugs that keep people unhappy and unable to use the product. What are these showstoppers? Do I have a special musicroom version? Because I load it up, arm the tracks and record. I then load the project and edit/mix. I'm not inhibited in anyway. No stutters, no crashes. It just works. Does the lack of customizing colors bother me, very little, but not really. I would like to customize more, but it isn't like the look isn't clean and professional. Not high contrast pink and yellow for instance. It's just software, and imo a very good value for the dollar. We usually can "choose" to update for what a mid range vst might cost. I guess I should thank cake/roland for sending me the non-lemon version. If anyone wants my copy to put their license on, let me know.

Yet another "since it works for me other's problems are not real" post.
daveny5
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 13:42:50 (permalink)
I'd say it means an upgrade is just around the corner. After all, if Cakewalk doesn't periodically get some income, they won't be around. The question is what form will it take? Will it be: 
X2.5 - a for pay upgrade for less than a full version upgrade a la Sonar 8.5
X2-Extended (X2x for short) - a pay version for some additional features and usability enhancements a la X1 Extended
X3 - the likely choice
Hopefully they will continue to give special discounts and gifts to early adopters. 

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
Sylvan
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 793
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 13:45:14 (permalink)
The current specials do indicate to me that X3 is very near. I will upgrade to X3 the moment it is released. I trust Cakewalk and believe in their company. In my opinion they offer a fantastic product at a very fair price. It is just the tool I need to do my job. Thank you Cakewalk.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Intel i7-5830K LGA2011V3 (6 CORE)
Asus X99-AII
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 13:57:14 (permalink)
backwoods
Companies can learn from constructive criticism I agree but how much venting on this forum is constructive? What can Cakewalk learn by having that cclarry post pinned up in every office? That they have "TREMENDOUS egos"?   Some guys around here seem to think a company would prefer to have more dissatisfied customers than pleased ones. Because it would help the company improve more quickly or something.....

Well, I agree that part is probably inaccurate, and definitely emotive.

But to be honest, that was my point. People do get emotive. People are getting upset. It leads to name calling and frustration. It's called passion. We're all passionate about creating music are we not? People just want their software to work as advertised.

And if it isn't, and when they aren't even given a morsel of information to keep them sweet, they get angry. As I inferred in my post, a company that is quite often reading angry and frustrated comments about their product needs to do something. My opinion was simply that locking threads and banning the unhappy customers isn't a very sensible or prudent modus operandi in business.

Seriously, and be honest, how many people do you think have been on these boards recently malevolently bad mouthing SONAR and Cakewalk? As far as I can tell, every one of them has had a genuine grievance at some stage. Some, I'll agree, have gone a bit over the top. But the vast majority have just been posting out of frustration.

backwoods
Also, who are these guys who think Sonar is perfect? No such guys I'm afraid steve. If you want a guy talking about a near perfect DAW on the Cakewalk forum you keep an eye out for the Jeff Evans posts.

Come off it. Unless you've been living on a different planet, you know, the same as the rest of us know, the names of those who have never had a bad word to say about SONAR or Cakewalk. Not only that, but for some inexplicable and perverse reason, they seem to take on the mantle of self-appointed defence counsel whenever the good name of the product or company is brought in to question.

I won't name names, as that would be inappropriate, but I know of one forum member who actually caught one of these guys out in a lie a few versions back. He was adamant that a certain Cakewalk feature was indeed working fine on his rig. However, the feature in question had never worked - for anyone. But for some weird reason, the guy was prepared to tell a bare-faced lie so as to make the product look perfect.

And I have a feeling that the guy who caught him out might read this and confirm for you.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 14:42:14 (permalink)
endoverend
I have to say, when folks are complaining about ANYTHING that costs less than dinner for 4 at a restaurant they are out of their minds.
With 13k in guitar gear alone.....

This comment was less useful than even some of the more hyperbolic complaints.

If I paid $600* for four people to eat at a restaurant where there were slugs moving around in the salad I think I would probably mention it to the manager.

*Production Suite + upgrade

Also I do not have the luxury of buying dinner for four at $100 (which is what I'm assuming you were actually trying to refer to) because every penny NEEDS to go into my recording equipment. So I hold the purchase to a higher standard than a simple meal as I'm sure many others do. It is supposed to be professional quality. I have never worked in an industry where professional quality tools were allowed to be released with flaws and those that purchase them told to stuff it when they complain whether by the company themselves or others in the trade. Companies like that do that do not survive because people move on to those that are willing to stand behind their product. I KNOW the Bakers would love to have the resources to fix things and I do not blame them for this mess. I want to use Sonar and WILL continue to use Sonar but I cannot in good conscience continue throwing money down a well that seems to slowly be being poisoned. Cakewalk and people who intend to make money off them (aka Roland and their shareholders) need to be aware of what the customer base is thinking so they can see that cutting corners will NOT turn them a higher profit in the long run.

Which brings me to my next point...

Bashing for the sake of bashing is not cool. It is annoying, unhelpful and just gets people riled up for no reason. People expressing their legitimate concerns /= bashing. The bakers have said it multiple times... they WANT constructive criticism. This forum serves two major cost saving functions for Cakewalk. One is reducing the amount of support calls by letting the user base help each other solve problems and the other is infinite market research for the comparatively low price of hosting fees. If it turns into an echo chamber that immediately shuns and attacks any comments that are not 100% positive then that second function is no longer effective and everyone suffers.

So basically I say to the haterz... chill out and explain your position without losing your shiz or trying to tick people off intentionally and don't post thread after thread about it. There are plenty of opportunities in existing threads to express your concerns. The bakers do read this site even if they don't always chime in.

To the hater haterz... don't attack those who are expressing legitimate concerns in a productive manner in hopes that Cake and their masters are listening. Without these types of conversations Cakewalk cannot develop their product or glean insights as to what people like/dislike/don't care about. When you make people feel uncomfortable or afraid they are gonna get dogpiled you actually HURT Cakewalk and the rest of the user base because those ideas and concerns are lost. Report egregious offenders to the mods and let them decide what is acceptable and what is not.

Peace.
musicroom
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 14:56:08 (permalink)
vintagevibe

Yet another "since it works for me other's problems are not real" post.

Never said they were not real, I'm just out of the loop as to what the big problems are. If it's take lanes, I don't like them much either. Navigation, zooming along with more intuitive audio editing tools is something I want all the time. I don't need to push my projects too hard so I may not see what some of you are experiencing - usually about 25 to 30 tracks of audio and midi. My main point is this, if the product works for me, that is not a bad thing and shouldn't be met with sarcasm. It's what I expected. If it doesn't work for someone else, I hope it can be fixed soon. I would be highly frustrated if the daw I used didn't work. 

Dave
Songs

backwoods
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 14:59:56 (permalink)
I can understand your points steve. So people do sort of go beyond the call of duty to defend something that might not being cutting it for others. I just don't see anyone who thinks Sonar is perfect.

Beepster- my first version of Sonar was 7 and X2 is far improved on that program for me. For instance, the LP EQ used to crash 7 when I moved the nodes. As for saying you know of no industry where professional tools are allowed to be released with flaws- well, that's bollocks- look at every single DAW. And the poisoned well comment is ridiculous too in my opinion.

Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 15:09:30 (permalink)
backwoods
I can understand your points steve. So people do sort of go beyond the call of duty to defend something that might not being cutting it for others. I just don't see anyone who thinks Sonar is perfect.

Beepster- my first version of Sonar was 7 and X2 is far improved on that program for me. For instance, the LP EQ used to crash 7 when I moved the nodes. As for saying you know of no industry where professional tools are allowed to be released with flaws- well, that's bollocks- look at every single DAW. And the poisoned well comment is ridiculous too in my opinion.

Your comments are absolutely useless and I've been intentionally ignoring you. Seriously, get over yourself. I cannot remember you offering helpful advice at any time ever but for some reason I remember you pulling this holier than thou act and crapping on other members. How about you provide something positive and constructive to the forum instead of trying to inflate your own ego by putting down others? You talk about people not being welcome if they move on to other DAWs? Well you invoke Jeff. I'm pretty sure he doesn't use Sonar as his main DAW yet he is one of the most helpful and intelligent people on this site? How about guys like Rain? I'd rather have a hundred of those guys than one of you.

Play nice or go away.
backwoods
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/07 15:11:31 (permalink)
Yeah, but Cakewalk would rather have a hundred of me because I actually buy their products. Jeff Evans has already been banned once forpromoting Studio One on this forum beepster.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1