Helpful ReplyDoes this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades!

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/31 10:16:14 (permalink)
daveny5
I suspect Cakewalk has something up its sleeves. If not, they should. Avid just announced Pro Tools 11 HD and Presonus has an announcement scheduled for 4pm ET tomorrow afternoon. 

From Presonus: 
On Thursday, August 29 2013, at 3:00 p.m. CST, (4:00 p.m. EST | 1:00 p.m. PST | 20:00 GMT) head over to www.presonus.com/videos/presonuslive, where we’ll dagger the cloak, tip our hand, and reveal the other players in our triumvirate. But what is it? - See more at: http://www.presonus.com/c.../#sthash.W1X2lQ57.dpuf

I looked at PT 11 until I saw more and more and soon realized that if not careful I could spend multi thousands of dollars there. (plus, I don't think that my Octa-Capture would work with PT 11). It may be a great program for audio and some midi, at least that is the idea I get... but it also looks like more of a money pit than a "Fixer up boat".

With Sonar Producer X2, you have everything, top of the line.. yes, I could get a Roland VS whatever and spend more money but I am fine with the OC and Frontier Tranzport.
If I am forced to leave Sonar (and I really don't expect to be) I will be going to another 399 or 499 DAW. It would be HARD because of feeling burned. I fully expect Cakewalk to roll something good out (good for some, useless for some.. of course) soon. Like I said, they continually post links on Facebook so I think they are rolling on and improving. They could be waiting to see what MS is doing with W8 or W9. I don't think that W8 is going over as well as hoped. If that is true and MS changes course it could make things really hard on a small company like Cakewalk if Cake is all wrapped up in something that isn't happening. Yeah Roland owns them but I get the idea that Cakewalk still sort of stands on their own to live or die.
Personally, I think Roland should put Cakewalk in charge of ALL their recording related products and business,sten to Brandon and others, then I think that they would flourish in the market but if Roland tries to run Cakewalk, things could go awry. I hope not.
I would really like an announcement of some sort, I think it is past time for it. Even if it is nothing specific, just something would be good about now... Tomorrow is September 1, that would be a good day to say something... anything.

J

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/31 12:22:16 (permalink)
I really didn't expect much on the MIDI side of things to be honest, which is one of the main reasons SONAR is my primary DAW - I just find its MIDI/composition side much more to my liking.   I mainly use S1 for the Melodyne ARA integration and occasionally for its native timestretching which I find simpler than AudioSnap.   So yeah, if SONAR were to address that side of things I'd have to reasses my use for S1 too.   Though something tells me I'll be upgrading both to the their "3" versions anyway...  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Cary
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/09/02 20:44:06 (permalink)
The promo worked for me. It has kept my Sonar subscription current.
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/09/02 21:00:12 (permalink)
Cary
The promo worked for me. It has kept my Sonar subscription current.

Yeah, it's hard to beat the value.  Not to mention there's a great DAW included. 

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1