Helpful ReplyDoes this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades!

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
2013/08/05 16:12:44 (permalink)

Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades!

Well... For those wondering, this sounds to me as if they are about to roll out the next upgrade in another month or two... Next they'll add free upgrade to X3 with X2 purchase...

I see it coming!

;-)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 16:57:48 (permalink)
My guess is that Cakewalk just wants to clear out some stock to make some room for the next Pro Channel plugin.

Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 17:03:13 (permalink)
mike_mccue
My guess is that Cakewalk just wants to clear out some stock to make some room for the next Pro Channel plugin.

Lol!!!  How much shelf space do downloads take these days?

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 17:13:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jbow 2013/08/07 16:28:16
If X3 is just around the corner then I say "Whoo Hoo".
Lets hope some of the "random" white outs are fixed.
Craig Anderton was talking about the "subscription" software model recently.
That's just what Sonar is (IMHO), and its time to ante up [cards to gamblers!].
I've ALWAYS been a "follow the upgrade path" kind of guy.

BRING IT ON!!!

T

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
listen
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 593
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 17:49:16 (permalink)
I have had my fingers crossed so long  they are stuck

- Listen -
FOH Mixer & Recording Studio Manager
Nothing but the grace of God - mggtg.

VS 700C - R / CONSOLE 1 / NEVE PORTICO 5017 / TASCAM UH-7000 / SONAR PLATINUM  / REASON RECORD 9 / VMP 2 / UREI 7110's / UA LA-610 MkII / AUDIENT ASP 880 / CREATION STATION 450 V 5 WINDOWS 10 / HOME 64 - BIT / SKYLAKE CORE i7 (i7 - 6700, 4 CORES/8 THREADS)
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 18:15:50 (permalink)
As I use it today, X2a is more than adequate for my needs.

My niggles (since X1) are:
1. Full Color Customization
2. Nested Folders
3. Fix the hokey way you must solo a single drum track when drum maps are used, I refuse to use drum maps until this is fixed. Drum maps would be soooooooo helpful to me since I have so many drum players that have fixed key mappings that DO NOT match up.

My real wishlist is a true gapless engine, as that is the only time I can make X2a crash on purpose (i.e. try inserting a UAD plug while track is playing....KA-BOOOM****)

****Ya, I know I'm not supposed to do that but 1 out 25 times I forget.

Anywho, due to tight finances I would only get X3 unless a true gapless engine was introduced and even then I may need to wait a month or two.
Dave Modisette
  • Total Posts : 11050
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/05 20:53:44 (permalink)
bapu

2. Nested Folders
3. Fix the hokey way you must solo a single drum track when drum maps are used, I refuse to use drum maps until this is fixed. Drum maps would be soooooooo helpful to me since I have so many drum players that have fixed key mappings that DO NOT match up.

My real wishlist is a true gapless engine, as that is the only time I can make X2a crash on purpose (i.e. try inserting a UAD plug while track is playing....KA-BOOOM****)

Anywho, due to tight finances I would only get X3 unless a true gapless engine was introduced and even then I may need to wait a month or two.

FWIW, I can load UAD plugs without crashing.  I get a little blip but playback continues in sync.  That said, X2 ranks 3 out of 4 in the gapless playback when UAD-2 plugins are in the mix.  Samplitude Pro X completely loses sync when a UAD plugin is inserted in a track during playback.

I never thought that gapless playback was that much of a big deal until I worked in environments where it is possible.  

I've got to agree with Keni that the signs indicate that a X3 release is close at hand.  For me, it will take a lot of improvements (Console and Browser) or inclusion of VST versions of plugins that will work in other software packages as well as SONAR.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 05:42:42 (permalink)
bapu

2. Nested Folders

I agree with all of the above - that and a couple more shiny new PC modules

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 05:48:48 (permalink)
When I look at the cake store and see Sonar producer marked down from $499 to $49.00 I wonder where the 50% comes in.

Danny
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 06:41:00 (permalink)
Time to play pin the tail on the Donkey.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 06:47:10 (permalink)
cowboydan
When I look at the cake store and see Sonar producer marked down from $499 to $49.00 I wonder where the 50% comes in.

Danny

The $499 is list price.  The $49 is 50% off the $99 price for upgrades, which I paid last September.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 06:52:04 (permalink)
bapu

2. Nested Folders

Yes, that custom color option is at the top of my list.

I watched one of those "here's how my SONAR bug works" Youtube videos last week and I realized I had forgotten how ugly the SONAR gui looks.

I don't think I want to look at it while I'm aspiring to be in a creative mood.

I hope someone at mission control realizes that abandoning the custom color panel in SONAR makes their application seem a lot less enjoyable to use than the programs that don't have custom color options that don't work.

best regards,
mike

Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 07:20:25 (permalink)
Welp... I was still holding out for a patch but the writing is certainly on the wall. Upgrade dollars (if I can ever scrape any up) will be going toward Cubase7 Elements. I'll still be using X2 because I'm so heavily invested in it and still need to use the effects/synths/etc but I'll push Elements to it's limits and hope that editing, time stretching and other wonky functions in X2 can be done there. If it turns out it just blows Sonar out of the water then I'll be investing in the full program. Just wish I could use the PC Modules in another DAW but C7 has it's own version of all those.

I'm disappointed but business is business and that's their choice to make. Still though implementing massive core changes mid cycle (Win8/touchscreen) then not providing a maintenance patch after the dust had settled is a little hinkey. Does not inspire confidence in the company which is one of the reasons I hopped onto the Cakewalk train. They seemed like they did everything they could to make things right (don't get me wrong... they have been helpful to me in other ways but this is silly). X1 got FOUR patches. Why did X2 only get one? They should have left the Win8/touch screen crap off until this cycle considering 8 wasn't even out yet when they released X2 and it sure wasn't out during development. That or... provide a BLEEPING patch!

Sorry if anyone finds that offensive but it is exactly where my head is at. A lot of others have expressed the same sentiments. May not be a mass exodus to C7 but I know there are a few of us looking that direction. That can't be good for the bottom line.

Who knows though. Maybe X3 will be so unbelievably awesome I'd be a FOOL not to upgrade but X2 is perfect for me... if it worked properly. I don't see extra doodads changing my mind.
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 07:50:12 (permalink)
Interesting conundrum for me - after installing X2 and using for a short while, all the initial problems meant I went back to X1, which is now 100% stable and functional for me.
I installed the one maintenance patch for X2 that was released, but I still had some issues, such as the strange "one off" graphical glitches (which I DO NOT get with X1)

So I stayed with X1 and awaited the maintenance patch that would allow me to use X2 properly.

So would I now pay for another upgrade to X3 when X2 still does not function 100% as I would want it to?

Would X3 (or whatever they call it) actually cure the graphical issues and some of the other problems I have seen reported here?

Would X3 introduce NEW problems??

I'm sure these are the sort of questions going through many users minds at the moment - and I believe this is why many are looking at alternative products.

I hope someone from Cakewalk is reading this - I am pretty typical I imagine - I have NO DESIRE whatsoever to change product but I need a stable product to work with.

If Cakewalk really wanted to assure their users that Sonar has a long term future as a serious production tool, they need to do the following:-
1) Before launching X3 release a maintenance patch that will address the numerous problems with X2
2) If that is not practical (perhaps X3 is a total rewrite sort of thing) X3 should be a free upgrade to X2 users.

Obviously the Free upgrade will be a  problem as Cakewalk earn their money from selling product - but I do think in this instance they need to bite the bullet to keep their user base - they will be making a massive mistake I feel if they try and charge for X3 when a lot of people have issues with X2.

I for one would think seriously about looking at another product if they was going to be a substantial cost for an X3 upgrade.

I suppose one compromise could be for Cakwalk to make a charge for X3 but much less than the normal charge - I might live with that.

Anyway lets hope Cakewalk realize this is quite an important decision they have to  make at this time.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 08:03:18 (permalink)
And just so I don't leave that hanging on a totally negative note... I do not feel that the money and time I invested in Sonar was wasted.

When I was initially looking at my options I originally want another try with Nuendo because that's what I used to use but obviously it is prohibitively expensive. I had taken a look at Cubase but I didn't know enough to realize that it WAS in fact their full audio editor and that Nuendo was more for those doing film work and/or needed intense networking abilities. I thought it was a scaled down version of Nuendo kind of like Sonar Studio or Essentials. I got kind of sucked in by Cakewalk marketing a bit on that because they made it seem like the PC effects were something completely unique (and they are in a way) and that if I bought Cubase I would have to buy VSTs to do the job the PC does. Now I realize they do indeed have similar track by track effects right on the channel.

I also spent a lot of time looking at reviews and the forums for both products and C6 had a LOT of people complaining whereas X1d was getting high praise (took me a while to sort out all the negative stuff being said about the c patch and earlier but once I realized d was where it was at all was cool). So that was another point for Cake.

Then the real kickers were Session Drummer, learning materials and this forum. I desperately needed a quality drum synth and after watching Seth's video I felt confident it could do what I needed. The Sonar university stuff was appealing because I didn't know ANYTHING about what I was doing so having that resource was crucial to get me started. The forum? Well you guys are awesome and I really don't think I could have learned as much as quickly as I did without you patiently answering my questions. I highly doubt the Steinberg forums would have been quite as tolerant. I thank you and certainly wouldn't be going anywhere even if I make the full switch to Cubase. I just like you guys.

Then there is all the stuff I wasn't really expecting with Sonar. I got a bunch of upgrade paths to useful stuff like GR and TH2. There were the free G3 vids which brought my knowledge level WAY up from where it was. I didn't really get any path to BFD through Cake but I would not have known about it without you guys and probably would have ended up with Addictive Drums which in retrospect would NOT have been what I wanted. I have a bunch of fancy synths that will (or should) work on whatever DAW I'm using so even if Cubase has decent synths I doubt they'd be as good or at least have the same libraries as the Cake stuff. Also I'm assuming many of the VST effects can be used elsewhere too.

So even if the program itself was useless (which it is not) I still would have gotten quite a bit of value in those regards. If I had gone straight to Cubase I feel like my sonic options would have been limited and I would still be struggling with basic recording concepts.

Now though... I need a program that isn't going to go weird all the time while performing simple tasks. I could handle some quirks but when basic recording and editing are getting hindered because of random bugs... well that's just not very productive. Hopefully I can get some of that stuff done in C7 and Cakewalk spends some time really fixing the problems with Sonar.

Cheers.
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 14:29:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mistergreen 2013/08/13 16:18:22
I seriously doubt I will be doing the upgrade, if,and when, it becomes available....for several reasons..

First and foremost - the Product released as Sonar X2 was bug infested....as evidenced by an "immediate" quickfix, and then
some "250" fixes in the X2a patch...
which only added a flurry of "other" bugs...whether they be "minor" issues for some and "major" issues for others is irrelevant.

I'm not slamming Cake or X2...I'm discussing MY opinion....some guys here say they are using it "without" issue...because they've
instituted "workarounds".  That's not "without" issue in any sense of the word.  That's called "coping".

Second - Cakewalks failure to even "discuss" the REAL issues of X2a...stating they have been "sequestered"...that's hogwash...
You don't "sequester" your reps....that's VERY BAD BUSINESS...VERY BAD BUSINESS indeed.

Third - as has been stated, if you're not happy...go elsewhere...that is all of our prerogatives....

Surprisingly I have found INCREDIBLE stability in a 64 bit DAW....won't say which one....but it is the LEAST expensive...
and is probably one of the most powerful and useful I've found...it's editing is incredible, it's features are very well 
thought out....and it's reps stay in contact with it's users.....no corporate HORSE PUCKY to deal with...they just do
their job, unrestrained by "Corporate" politics....which is ALWAYS BAD BUSINESS, as I previously stated.

I've been in the recording business, computer business, and performing business for as long as I can remember...30+ years...

I'm seriously disappointed in Cakewalk...they had an opportunity to REALLY take this field over...and they let their TREMENDOUS
egos get in the way...and everyone knows what I mean...and NOW Roland comes in the picture, restrains everyone, and thinks
that they are doing a good thing...it is my opinion that they are SERIOUSLY mistaken, as is evidenced by the number of those JUST IN THIS FORUM
that have "abandoned ship" on, what the fanbois call, a "Stable" program.  A program should function "out of the box" without
"workarounds" and such...and, when it doesn't, the issues should be addressed in a timely fashion...NOT by telling customers/users to just "sit and wait".

No DAW is flawless...there are always issues....but some Companies are "doing the do" to keep their products functional and productive,
and others are just "flogging the dog".  

Also, those who criticize the company should not be "sequestered" and "Locked" by the Reps, nor should the Reps read "Private" messages...
If your product is as good as you think it is...then you should have no fear of that...nor should anyone be so
childish as to "run and tell mommy and daddy when they feel the others aren't playing nice"

We're adults here (supposedly) and, if you don't like someones opinion or thoughts, then DON'T READ or COMMENT ON THEM....that alone
will end the thread...

I see a bunch of babies in here....don't talk about my product..I'll cry...really...GROW UP...be ADULT...let someone else speak their mind
just as you have the freedom to speak yours...that is what this COUNTRY is supposed to be about... and THAT is TRULY being ADULT
and PROFESSIONAL...but, instead, you all whine like little school kids on the playground when someone has taken their toy...and CAKE
Is right in there.....doing the same...reading private messages and locking threads...that's just ludicrous...and GASTAPO/FASCIST.

Talking about your experiences is not ADVERTISING for another company...it's stating YOUR OPINION and EXPERIENCE...
NOW, if they say SCREW SONAR - BUY "WHATEVER" OVER HERE FOR $XXX, then that is a violation of the TOS....but talking about your
personal experiences with Sonar or any other DAW is not "ADVERTISING", it's relating PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Things may be GREAT FOR YOU...but they may not be so great for someone else...let them state their experiences..
you don't have to like it...YOU have the right to NOT READ, NOT COMMENT, and NOT REPLY...and just let the thread die...

It amazes me what truly childish people you all are...with your FINE GOODBYE AND DON'T COME BACK...statements and such...really?
Saying "I'm glad you've found something that works for you and I wish you the best" would be a far more PROFESSIONAL response...

My only hope...that X3 is WHAT THEY ADVERTISE it to be...and that they realize that "they put their pants on one leg at at time"
just like everyone else does....and my other wish....that the forum members here "grow up"....

Here's one thing I can tell you for sure...if not...we're all in trouble...

Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 14:31:32 (permalink)
Just on the note of upgrade costs, I was just looking at Antares to see how much they wanted to upgrade one product (AVOX) to the latest edition - $200!!!!! Needless to say I did not upgrade (The products not that good anyway....)
Never did like Antares as a Company much but now I think they might have lost me for good.....sound familiar!

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 15:52:54 (permalink)
 "I thank you and certainly wouldn't be going anywhere even if I make the full switch to Cubase." - Beepster

Does this seem weird to anyone else?

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 15:56:06 (permalink)
1000 posts or bust.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 16:04:44 (permalink)
backwoods
 "I thank you and certainly wouldn't be going anywhere even if I make the full switch to Cubase." - Beepster

Does this seem weird to anyone else?

How so?
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 16:13:39 (permalink)
If you did happen to stop using Sonar Beepster, and made "the full switch" to Cubase- why would you be here? It is a forum for Cakewalk users right?

Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 16:28:06 (permalink)
Well I'd still have the synths which I'd be using and the program which I'd likely still poke around at so there's that. I also spent a good amount of time learning the program (and will continue to do so) so I could still offer help. Most importantly though I'd like to think I've made some buddies here and there are some folks I'd like to collab with so it'd be nice to stay in touch. Would I no longer be welcome? There are others here who have switched DAWs and still post and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Meh. Won't happen for a long time anyway so you are stuck with me for now.
clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 16:49:55 (permalink)
I look at this forum as a Home recording forum more than anything else. I don't owe Cakewalk anything and they don't owe me anything. As I've said before if X3 provides a good value for the dollar...then I'm in. If not I'll keep using X2. I had X1 for about 3 months when X2 came out. It was my first PC based daw. A year or so later and I'm still trying to catch up. I have a lot to learn. I upgraded to X2 because of the value. R-mix, TH2, Breverb, Auto zoom, Console emulation (which I seldom use) and several other things. It was worth $99 to me. I'll be a harder sell this time...So I hope they have something good coming.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 16:51:57 (permalink)
Beepster
Would I no longer be welcome? 

Hi Beep - I always enjoy reading your posts. You are normally someone who can be counted on as a voice of reason when things start to slip off the rails. So - I hope you'll stick around personally. In my opinion, the fact that you are a SONAR owner, whether it is your main daw or not should give you an automatic key to the front door - and the right to make yourself at home and stay as long as you like.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 17:09:23 (permalink)
Brando
Beepster
Would I no longer be welcome? 

Hi Beep - I always enjoy reading your posts. You are normally someone who can be counted on as a voice of reason when things start to slip off the rails. So - I hope you'll stick around personally. In my opinion, the fact that you are a SONAR owner, whether it is your main daw or not should give you an automatic key to the front door - and the right to make yourself at home and stay as long as you like.

Much appreciated and thank you , my friend. I know I have been a bit of a complainer at times but I try not to be a jerk about it. It's funny how even when I'm being kind of negative I don't experience this "fanbois bashing" we hear so much about. Perhaps it's because I'm Canadian, eh? ;-)

But seriously you guys are awesome and it would sadden me greatly to be voted of the island.

clintmartin
I look at this forum as a Home recording forum more than anything else.

Indeed. I think no matter what platform someone is using this forum is a vast wealth of knowledge. I look at the other company forums and they are not nearly as useful for general concepts. The techniques sub is amazing. This place is also far friendlier. I've had a couple dust ups but it is surprisingly civilized for the internet.

Hope you've been well.
clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 17:21:21 (permalink)
Hey I love Canada! It's where I plan to run and hide when this country bites the big one!

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Beepster
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 17:29:59 (permalink)
Meh. It's getting a little wacky up here too but sanity can still be found if you look for it. ;-)
doncolga
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1519
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 17:30:16 (permalink)
Well I just upgraded to X2 for the $50 this weekend.  It took a really long time to download all that stuff and I've not actually done the install yet.  To me that was worth getting Rapture alone...not to mention OverLoud.  Excited to play with both of those.

HP Z220 Workstation I7 3770, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Multiface II via PCIe, JBL 4326 w/sub, AvanTone MixCubes
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 17:43:04 (permalink)
I always look forward to the upgrades. In the meantime, Sonar x2 works and is stable here but I know others push it much harder than I do. With a focus mostly on audio with some midi, X2 is more than up to the challenges I throw at it. I can move quickly and in general like the appearance and its' great sounding audio engine.  I would recommend X2 to anyone getting into digital recording. With that said, I think any of the several product offerings out there are more than capable of getting some songs out.

Dave
Songs

pbognar
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: Does this say a lot to you too? 50% off on Sonar X2 Upgrades! 2013/08/06 19:05:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jbow 2013/08/07 17:07:45
Beepster
Well I'd still have the synths which I'd be using and the program which I'd likely still poke around at so there's that. I also spent a good amount of time learning the program (and will continue to do so) so I could still offer help. Most importantly though I'd like to think I've made some buddies here and there are some folks I'd like to collab with so it'd be nice to stay in touch. Would I no longer be welcome? There are others here who have switched DAWs and still post and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Meh. Won't happen for a long time anyway so you are stuck with me for now.

My speculation:
  • X3 will be a $99 - $129 upgrade for existing X2 Pro users
  • It will be more stable and have a couple of game changing / catch-up composition features.
  • There will be no improvement in the Staff View <sniff>
  • There will be color / interface customization
  • There will be one 3rd party add-on instrument
  • There will be no X2b patch - money is king right now.
  • It will be out this fall - duh
Anything short of this would be an epic fail.  They are going to charge for the upgrade, so logic dictates that X3 will be a huge update.  There is no way X3 is going to be an incremental upgrade or fix.

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1